Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

Why....man he is an idiot.  I don't see how he doesn't get that people are upset over the Muslim comment, they are not really advocating eating dogs.  How fucking hard is it to say he was incorrect? 

Seems the boy is experiencing a bit of culture shock. I went through that myself when I was 16 and went to Germany for the first time. But, you know, experiencing other cultures is good for you. He's appalled by people eating dog? That's okay. I get it. It bothers me, too. It bothers me that people eat horse... especially since I know too much about the kill pens in our country that ship horses (some of which are pregnant) to slaughter in Canada or Mexico. He can be appalled all he wants.

But maybe, just maybe, he doesn't turn it into a Us vs Them issue so much. Or perhaps be shocked that no everyone feels the same or has the same experiences. Maybe he can take a look around Bali and realize... the economic differences are vast and perhaps people don't have the same options.

I was 16 in Germany... that wasn't anywhere close to really experiencing something FOREIGN when it came down to it. It was just foreign enough. Bryan really needs to experience more and stop tweeting every feeling he has to the Internet at large.

• Love 4

Incredible! Are we controlling Bryan Craig's brainwaves now?

All it takes is a dog whistle.  God only knows what he does if he sees newspapers spread on the floor.

For sure he doesn't read them.

• Love 9

I think that he & the chick from Y&R we're together for a few years, maybe even before she got cast? I could be wrong, but seems like I remember her posting pics of them before she went to Y&R. Again, I could be totally wrong & just making up shit. ;-)

But maybe, just maybe, he doesn't turn it into a Us vs Them issue so much. Or perhaps be shocked that no everyone feels the same or has the same experiences. Maybe he can take a look around Bali and realize... the economic differences are vast and perhaps people don't have the same options.

Oh, Dandesun. Best laugh I've had all day.

Bryan would probably say, "let them eat poop!"

https://instagram.com/p/4qiBoKBEoa/?taken-by=keeelyt

• Love 1

I think that he & the chick from Y&R we're together for a few years, maybe even before she got cast? I could be wrong, but seems like I remember her posting pics of them before she went to Y&R. Again, I could be totally wrong & just making up shit. ;-)

They have the same agent or manager, so they'd be together at places. He was even at her goodbye party a few weeks ago. I don't think they ever confirmed a relationship like SOD did with BM/KM. 

I was 16 in Germany... that wasn't anywhere close to really experiencing something FOREIGN when it came down to it. It was just foreign enough. Bryan really needs to experience more and stop tweeting every feeling he has to the Internet at large.

I wouldn't be surprised if Craig is one of those people who gets upset when people in other countries can't speak English.

• Love 7

SOD on twitter announced that Finola Hughes is coming back sooner than expected.

Except that they didn't say when she was coming back. Just that she originally was supposed to be gone until at least September.

SOD on twitter announced that Finola Hughes is coming back sooner than expected.

Except that they didn't say when she was coming back. Just that she originally was supposed to be gone until at least September.

I hope that doesn't mean something fell through with the directing project she was doing! : /

As much as I can't tolerate TFGH at this point, I want only nice things for FH. (And really for most of the actors, who are like innocent bystanders in this mess at this point ...)

• Love 4

I hope that doesn't mean something fell through with the directing project she was doing! : /

As much as I can't tolerate TFGH at this point, I want only nice things for FH. (And really for most of the actors, who are like innocent bystanders in this mess at this point ...)

Daytime Dish says she was fired? :( It's Daytime Dish, so who knows if it's true, but I guess it's likely.

But while brainstorming Luke's grand finale, he and his team "were trying to come up with a purpose behind this adventure and a lasting impact for this adventure and something that would have emotional resonance for Luke and also, obviously, have a big impact on the rest of the canvas, so as much as it was an exit story, it was also the start of a story for other people."

Stop lying, Ron. Dead Now Alive Jake is on my screen for shock and awe purposes.

• Love 2
(edited)

I know it's just a blurb and not the whole article, and I also know I'm oversensitive about this, but that it doesn't mention Lucky once pisses me off. Luke was right about one thing he said post-killing Jake, and that is Jason is a "glorified sperm donor." Liz and Lucky are Jake's parents.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 5

I think the problem is that the alleged "emotional resonance" Luke is supposed to feel now that he didn't kill Jake feels false because of the original story Guza and Geary pushed.

That was my problem as well. I vividly recall Luke not giving a damn that he killed Jake. It's not like he ever considered the child to be his family anyway, so why should I believe he'd get emotional over Jake being alive?

• Love 4

Stop lying, Ron. Dead Now Alive Jake is on my screen for shock and awe purposes.

And now I want to call him DeadOrAlive!Jake, in honor of this classic 80's hit:

• Love 7

http://www.tvguide.com/news/general-hospital-killer-1031091/

Interview from March 2011 that has some interesting bits I forgot about

TV Guide Magazine: What if you'd told Guza you were opposed to Luke being the killer?

Geary: He would have made somebody else the driver, I guess. I thought it was odd that he asked for my OK. Even [executive producer] Jill Phelps said, "You don't have to do this," which I couldn't understand at all.

TV Guide Magazine: What was that about? It's not like you're known on the set for being some delicate flower.

Geary: [Laughs] Hell no. But I do remember that they had some trouble with Sarah Brown [Claudia] before she left the show. Her character was going to be responsible for a child's death and she went completely nuts about it saying, "You're ruining the image and I won't do it," and blah, blah, blah. That never made any sense to me. So maybe they were a little sensitive after that.

Okay, that's kind of funny of him to go "blah blah blah" even though it's kind of mean. But see, I understand it on her part - because it would make her unpopular get her written off the show! Which happened. She didn't have the same luxury as TG for them to do whatever they wanted to the character and have her be protected.

TV Guide Magazine: And the birth father, Jason [steve Burton]?
Geary: Jason comes to Luke, who hands him a pistol and says, "Here. I've already loaded it for you. Just do it. Just get it over with." Although Jason comes close to blowing Luke's brains out he doesn't do it because he claims it would set the wrong example for Michael [Chad Duell], which I thought was a little odd given that Jason hasn't had any regrets about pulling the trigger on so many others over the years. But whatever. Jason has lost all respect for Luke, but he refuses to let him off the hook by killing him.

heh.

• Love 4
(edited)

Claudia killing a kid wouldn't have been too OOC (for me), though I get why SJB didn't want it to happen. Geary was deep in his nihilistic-Luke period, so of course he had no problem with Luke running over Jake. The fallout for Luke after realizing he hit Jake was so lame anyway. That story was only all about Jason and his Box o' Pain.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

What story in the Guza era wasn't about Jason and his Box o'Pain?  Or at the very least, about Jason?

Ummm...Robin and Patrick's romance? Oh, wait. Robin came back because of Jason's second or third or fourth brain tumor thingie...and Patrick was introduced as the awesomest neurogsurgeon who ever surgeoned who was going to save his life. 

But later? Err...right?

• Love 1

Would Guza feel the same about a completely different Jason? His man-crush seemed to be extremely focused on Steve Burton... to the point of creepiness. I don't know if he'd feel the same about Jason played by anyone else.

• Love 4

Would Guza feel the same about a completely different Jason? His man-crush seemed to be extremely focused on Steve Burton... to the point of creepiness. I don't know if he'd feel the same about Jason played by anyone else.

Agree, which is why I don't think there would have been a Jason "death", followed by a recast under Guza.  We would not have had the brief return of AJ, I don't think, so he or his memory would still have been of the worst possible thing to ever happen should Michael ever come in his presence.

• Love 2

oh, absolutely not. Guza would have found a recast sacrilege. 

• Love 3

Guza at least would have left Jason dead until/if Steve Burton wanted back on and he for sure would have left Jake dead. He also wouldn't have created fake Denise to cover up a murderer.  Guza would be less campy than what RC's doing.

• Love 1

For all that Guza came across as an asshole who believed in the soap he wanted to create by mobifying it, at least he wasn't a petulant, whiny pissant of a baby like Carlivati comes across.

Sure I'd roll my eyes at how delusional Guza would be, but at least he wasn't a liar. Or if he was, not so clearly an obvious liar. And I give him credit (even if it was for two weeks or so) for giving Robin a point of view and not assuming the blame for Patrick's cheating.  Oh, and the badassery of her with that gun in the Markham Islands, the machete she used to kill...snakes? That was under Guza. Though it's a trade-off because in return, I got Pod!Robert and Pod!Holly.

But this guy? Uh-uh. I don't care how many times he showed me Anna and Robin's Asian Quarter reunion or Badass RobertFucking!Scorpio, and all the reunions right after; he FUCKED it all up, after five minutes. Tristan was smart to leave.

• Love 5
(edited)

For all that Guza came across as an asshole who believed in the soap he wanted to create by mobifying it, at least he wasn't a petulant, whiny pissant of a baby like Carlivati comes across.

I'll give Guza this, he didn't give a shit about pissing off the audience. He just wrote what he wanted to write.

Ron is the same way, but he also has this desperate insecurity to have his ass kissed. So it's this constant cycle of "Haters gonna hate! But love me!" Guza was content to live vicariously through Jason. Ron wants us to love his characters and him too. I wonder if Ron's writing if he didn't have twitter (or the internet).[/armchair psychologist]

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3
(edited)
What story in the Guza era wasn't about Jason and his Box o'Pain?  Or at the very least, about Jason?

None, of course, but IMO, this one was especially egregious about focusing on Jason only. Liz and Lucky—the parents of the dead child—barely got a word in to express their grief. Carly didn't ask them first about Jake donating his organs. She asked someone who legally had no say in the matter, Jason.

UGH.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

The way I remember it, bringing back Jake was something Ron had played with early on at GH but never did, especially not after they got renewed in 2012. Now, Ron never forgets an idea and I'm sure he just stuck it in a drawer, and then quickly pulled it out when TG surprised them by deciding to leave. That being said, it still deserves a real explanation.

• Love 1