Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Richard Simmons died.

I was rewatching the July 13th, 1981 episode (death of O'Reilly) today and who should be in the episode but Richard Simmons! He added a lot to the pop culture phenomenon that was GH in the late-70s/early-80s. 

• Like 7
15 hours ago, Jan Spears said:

I was rewatching the July 13th, 1981 episode (death of O'Reilly) today and who should be in the episode but Richard Simmons! He added a lot to the pop culture phenomenon that was GH in the late-70s/early-80s. 

I've been watching the L&L playlist(which is funny since I don't care for the actual Luke/Laura pairing but it was riveting TV) so to hear about Richard and Doug Sheehan's deaths within days of each other was something because I was just watching both of them.

• Sad 2
  • Love 1
On 7/11/2024 at 9:49 PM, ffwbe said:

Idk if that’s the case with him anymore. JJ hasn’t exactly been a hot commodity since Nashville wrapped. A big part of the reason he’s likely coming back is because he wasn’t getting other roles 

Yeah, I peeped his IMDB and it doesn't look like he's worked much since Nashville wrapped in 2018. I mean, it happens. Especially if you have a specific type of role you play like JJ did. You can't keep playing the sensitive, broody young man forever.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Is JJ part of the cult Bethany joy was once a part of?  I remember they were in the same band once.  

I read that JJ and his wife were both a part of it, but I can't verify that.  It would make sense given the Enation connections.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Preview of what's coming up this week. Oh boy, buckle up folks lol

Edited by DanaK
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Time to erase all Mulcahey's storylines.

To be honest, I can't tell which is his writing anymore or which is other people. I mean Anna got her brain back for two days, and then it's back to stoopid Anna. And Jagger flirting with Cujo, and being made to look like the bad guy. Ya know?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 8
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

To be honest, I can't tell which is his writing anymore or which is other people. I mean Anna got her brain back for two days, and then it's back to stoopid Anna. And Jagger flirting with Cujo, and being made to look like the bad guy. Ya know?

I completely agree. There's been meddling all along, which is why he (allegedly) quit. But to see the Willow/Drew/Nina saga seemingly get tossed out the window in record time seems very deliberate to me.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Ron Carlivati is out as head writer at Days. Did he leave GH on good or bad terms?

Quite bad.

Allegedly he is not coming back here.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
(edited)

greetings to all from Amsterdam it’s Finola’s last day in Amsterdam look who also came by to say hello Anders Hove

Faison lives!   And he doesn't own an iron!  Or he sleeps in his clothes.

451556187_790176466605980_6718059410686876462_n.jpg

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 9
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Maybe we'll discover that it's been FAISON! in an Anna mask all these years! And real Anna is in some dank cell...

Hey, we thought "Duke" was the one to finally off Jason, and we learned differently thanks to Cheese Fondue! It could happen.

Naaaah. I forgot the petty asshole who's running this show.

• LOL 5

As a writer and a person, Ron is not someone I would rehire. For example, Sean Kanan’s treatment by RC felt like workplace harassment.

Not that I see it happening here anyway, because as @jsbt noted, his exit was ugly, but beyond that I recall a tweet of Ron’s long afterward that still reflected a lot of bitterness and hard feeling that time did not seem to heal or lead to introspection.

I also cannot see them rehiring him with people who mobilized against him still at GH.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Ron Carlivati is out as head writer at Days. Did he leave GH on good or bad terms?

Never back here again, he's still bitter. Maybe YR? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ComeWhatMay said:

As a writer and a person, Ron is not someone I would rehire. For example, Sean Kanan’s treatment by RC felt like workplace harassment.

Not that I see it happening here anyway, because as @jsbt noted, his exit was ugly, but beyond that I recall a tweet of Ron’s long afterward that still reflected a lot of bitterness and hard feeling that time did not seem to heal or lead to introspection.

I also cannot see them rehiring him with people who mobilized against him still at GH.

If they do rehire him, it will be an indication that they have hit absolute desperation levels.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

No to Faison. We saw his brain in a jar.

What!!

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Never back here again, he's still bitter. Maybe YR? 

Allegedly, also not an option though it would likely be the weirdest motherfucking soap I ever saw.

• Like 2

Yeah @jsbt I remember a scene after Faison died where his brain was preserved in a jar and given to Kevin to study. It was during the setup to the Ryan return (which is how I saw it as I watched that story on Youtube, I was on the barge at the time it originally aired)

It made me very happy to see a definite end for Faison. He was overused, particularly once Ron turned him into Beetle Juice.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

No to Faison. We saw his brain in a jar. That guy needs to stay dead.

But we also saw Franco’s brain in a jar, and he continued to live!

OK, OK, it was just a tumor. But it was a BIG tumor. There couldn’t have been room for much else in that skull.

• LOL 8

I'd take Faison back, far over LWB, and sniveling Valentin.

Sure, things got ridiculous when Anna had him stashed under the stables, and the brain in a jar thing.  But if they can keep bringing Jason back, why can't they bring back Faison?  (Other than the fact that he's enjoying retirement in Amsterdam.)

• Like 5
On 7/19/2024 at 9:09 PM, ComeWhatMay said:

@jsbt

Sean Kanan recently lost weight. I would not fault him if he sent RC a shirtless photo as a big ol' f-u.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
38 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

According to Soap Opera Digest, Rick Hearst is coming back as Ric Lansing!

I wish I could be excited by that because I’m a huge Ric fan. The show is such a dumpster fire right now and Ric’s last return wasn’t exactly great. I predict this one will be even worse. Especially since it sounds like he’s mainly coming back for that terrible surrogate story. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
21 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I wish I could be excited by that because I’m a huge Ric fan. The show is such a dumpster fire right now and Ric’s last return wasn’t exactly great. I predict this one will be even worse. Especially since it sounds like he’s mainly coming back for that terrible surrogate story. 

I love Hearst. So I want him far, far, far away. It's like all these vets are returning, only to be massacred, I'm sure. I'm holding out hope for JJ-that he made certain of story line guarantees to avoid a repeat of what happened during his last return.

Look what they've done to Jagger!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

You know, they keep bringing in all these characters to an oversaturated canvas because they have no idea how to write their stories.

With his luck, Ric will end up being the head of Pikeman, the mob boss from the West Coast, the one who killed what's his face, the last character RoHo played and all that jazz.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Although I don't love that the sisters' surrogacy couldn't have just been a powerful, loving story, it IS extra soapy to have Ric and Sonny each defending their respective daughters. 

I'm just kind of bummed that his air date indicates that this story is going to literally drag on all summer. (I know this isn't the episode discussion thread, but TJ and Molly were way over the top today, as per uzh.)

• Like 5
On 7/19/2024 at 7:03 PM, ciarra said:

Do you know if she/they hung out with Anthony Geary? KMo was just visiting with AG a week or two ago in Amsterdam.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, jqdeco said:

According to Soap Opera Digest, Rick Hearst is coming back as Ric Lansing!

Wow. Poor thing must be starving if he has to come back to this show. 

• LOL 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Do you know if she/they hung out with Anthony Geary? KMo was just visiting with AG a week or two ago in Amsterdam.

I don't know.  I think they met up, since Geary's hubby is in the photos.  Second image, speculation.  I'm not sure of Geary's health status.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 21-03-59 General Hospital ✅ Finola Hughes (Anna) met up with Claudio Gama (Tony Geary's husband) during her visit to Amsterdam. Facebook.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 21-04-54 General Hospital ✅ Finola Hughes (Anna) met up with Claudio Gama (Tony Geary's husband) during her visit to Amsterdam. Facebook.png

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

You know, they keep bringing in all these characters to an oversaturated canvas because they have no idea how to write their stories.

With his luck, Ric will end up being the head of Pikeman, the mob boss from the West Coast, the one who killed what's his face, the last character RoHo played and all that jazz.

I'm leaning towards Ric kidnapping Kristina and keeping her in a room until she gives birth to the baby which he will promptly give to Molly.

• LOL 13

I hope, once they throw Ric under the bus for the 50th time, that Jason and Sonny learn that Ric was behind everything -- the drug tampering, the FBI blackmail.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
21 hours ago, ciarra said:

I hope, once they throw Ric under the bus for the 50th time, that Jason and Sonny learn that Ric was behind everything -- the drug tampering, the FBI blackmail.

I hope Ric was behind dropping those rocks on Jason. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 8