Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ciarra said:

Were they living together?  Maybe he snores.

My mom used to tell me how lucky I’m not able to hear other people snore at night.

TBH… it’s a trade-off when I don’t even like a hint of light during my sleep! 

Edited by DeafAngelboy23
Forget to say able*

I hope someone here watches and recaps Ingo's episode. I'm sure it will be awful, but I'm curious what he says. I wonder if he drags NLG.  

6 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

And Ingo needs to shut the fuck up before he taints my fond memories of Jax altogether.

For me, even onscreen Jax had tainted my fond memories of Jax. I used to like him, but it's been a long time...like during the Skye relationship but before Brenda came back. He got totally neutered when they put him with Courtney, then Carly.

Edited by NotMySekrit2Tell
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Ingo Rademacher is doing some um "media." Looks like he expects fans to pay for the law suit he chose to file because of the consequences of his professional choices.

ingo tucker carlson.jpeg

There needs to be a puke and rolling eyes, or a combination of the two, reaction emoji for posts here. This post especially deserves it. 🤮 "One of the nicest people I've ever met?!" That truly says a lot, not only, about Ingo's IQ but his moral compass as well. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, General Days said:

Ingo Rademacher is doing some um "media." Looks like he expects fans to pay for the law suit he chose to file because of the consequences of his professional choices.

ingo tucker carlson.jpeg

Dammit, I wrote a long ass post that I didn't post about how ridiculous Ingo's lawsuit would be. It was about how every employer has been advised by their labor and employment attorneys to skip the first question asked in any religious accommodation case (whether the belief is a sincerely held religious believe), and to assume that -- no matter how convenient the belief is or how recently the employee started to believe it -- it is a sincerely held belief. 

Instead, all HR Directors -- at least the ones following their attorney's advice -- move to Step 2:  Is there a reasonable accommodation? And for vaccination exemptions there is not, except as someone put it well above, the employee can work 100% remotely. Because employers have the right to impose mandates it judges to be best* (no matter if the employer is wrong*) and the responsibility (unfortunately to a limited degree) to keep their employees safe. 

And then I mentioned how Ingo's case, if federal, would be brought in the Central District of California, and any appeal would be the Ninth Circuit. And those are aren't courts that'll lean Ingo's way. The Supreme Court just denied an appeal of New York's law requiring health care workers to be vaccinated, so even that Court wouldn't rule Ingo's way. 

So, I concluded, this is all idiocy. Because Ingo has a better case of fraud or malpractice against his attorney than he has a meritorious case for religious discrimination. 

Or this is a grift. So, look who's trying to sell monavie juice to the fans now. 

*Employers in the 38 states that haven't taken state-level action to ban employer mandates. 

**Employers are not wrong. 

Edited by Francie
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

I couldn't resist reading the complaint. He's in state court, in Los Angeles County. 

He's not alleging employment discrimination. I mean, he mentions it, but it's not his cause of action. Rather, he's making a single claim that the vaccine mandate is an invasion of his right to privacy under the California Constitution. 

He's claiming that private entities operating in California can violate a constitutional right (I hadn't heard that before) and that ABC does not have a compelling interest in having the mandate because there are effective alternatives to a vaccine mandate. He claims the mandate is "irrational." 

I don't know how Ingo will differentiate between a privacy right in being vaccinated from Covid and and a privacy right that children or their parents can claim so as not to be vaccinated for measles, etc., before going to school (California eliminated personal belief exemptions back in 2015). If Ingo were to, theoretically, win, public schools could no longer mandate any vaccine. If he's relying on "well, the Covid-19 vaccine is really, really sketchy (which he does kinda say in a horribly conspiratorial kind of way), but other vaccines are good," he ought to get laughed out of court. 

He also claims to have been on GH for 25 years without acknowledging that's been and on-and-off kinda thing for a lot of that. 

And he's asking for "at least $25,000" in damages due to the termination of his contract. Yikes, really, that's it?  I would imagine he wants to stay under the $75,000 cap to stay out of federal court, but, buddy, really -- just $25,000? That's all your contract is worth?

Link to the lawsuit, which includes his religious exemption note as an attachment: https://deadline.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Ingo-Rademacher-lawsuit.pdf

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Francie said:

just $25,000? That's all your contract is worth?

That’s more than his career will be worth when this is over.

I’m also sure that attorney fees would eat up most, if not all, of that judgement. But I guess it’s all about the principle to him. What a guy.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't know. To me, asking for only $25,000 seems more like he is trying to make a statement than he is trying for a money grab.

Yeah, $25k is not worth ABC or Disney's time. It would be far easier for them to just settle, which he'll use to claim that he "won" the lawsuit, and was therefore "right." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I don't know. To me, asking for only $25,000 seems more like he is trying to make a statement than he is trying for a money grab.

It's more expensive for ABC to get their lawyers involved in this than to settle. But with all the money they have, I'd pay the lawyers and let them do their worse.

I'm just petty that was.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

That’s more than his career will be worth when this is over.

I’m also sure that attorney fees would eat up most, if not all, of that judgement. But I guess it’s all about the principle to him. What a guy.

He's asking for attorney's fees on top of the $25,000. 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's probably worth ABC taking this to court to set a precedent with anyone else who tries to sue.

This.  I feel like they won't cave on this because it would invite a bunch more lawsuits and threats to sue.  If the law is strong for them in CA (and it likely is) it's worth it to fight this one guy.       Here, they likely have a pretty good argument that there isn't a feasible or effective alternative -- he can't wear a mask every day all day on set, can't physically distance, and I guess they could test him every day/trust him to rapid-test himself every day but those tests aren't always accurate and they'd have to plan their shooting schedule around waiting to verify he tested negative that day.  

The fact that his complaint reads like a political axe to grind, not a religious belief he's had for a while, also isn't going to help him.  And he claims they should've just granted his email request for an exemption ... he didn't even identify a specific religion, just threw together a word salad about natural immunity and experimental treatment and called it a belief.    

The $25K may just be the "placeholder" amount to get into the specific court he filed in - the minimum amount you can get for damages if you win often dictates which court within the state system you file in.   He likely hopes to get even more, but he has to win first and then prove his damages by proving what he would've earned if they hadn't fired him.  Or maybe this is just the amount dictated under CA law for the kind of claim he's bringing.      

Tucker Carlson works for a network that ... also has a vaccine mandate.     🙄   

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I'm pretty sure he's crowd sourcing attorney fees, because he's doubtful he'll recoup them. 

This.

I always understood that if your attorney thinks you have a good case, you don't have to pay them. Don't they take 1/3rd of the award, if you win?

21 minutes ago, General Days said:

I always understood that if your attorney thinks you have a good case, you don't have to pay them. Don't they take 1/3rd of the award, if you win?

This entirely depends on the nature of the case. A lot of lawyers are going to want a retainer up front, and some kinds of cases are set by law in terms of legal compensation (like probate). I consulted a number of lawyers about a medical malpractice case a number of years ago and they told me they would take a third of the award but it is so rare to win a case of this sort in my state (California) and the maximum award has been limited in advance by legislation, so its rare that people pursue them here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

This.  I feel like they won't cave on this because it would invite a bunch more lawsuits and threats to sue.  If the law is strong for them in CA (and it likely is) it's worth it to fight this one guy.       Here, they likely have a pretty good argument that there isn't a feasible or effective alternative -- he can't wear a mask every day all day on set, can't physically distance, and I guess they could test him every day/trust him to rapid-test himself every day but those tests aren't always accurate and they'd have to plan their shooting schedule around waiting to verify he tested negative that day.  

The fact that his complaint reads like a political axe to grind, not a religious belief he's had for a while, also isn't going to help him.  And he claims they should've just granted his email request for an exemption ... he didn't even identify a specific religion, just threw together a word salad about natural immunity and experimental treatment and called it a belief.    

The $25K may just be the "placeholder" amount to get into the specific court he filed in - the minimum amount you can get for damages if you win often dictates which court within the state system you file in.   He likely hopes to get even more, but he has to win first and then prove his damages by proving what he would've earned if they hadn't fired him.  Or maybe this is just the amount dictated under CA law for the kind of claim he's bringing.      

Tucker Carlson works for a network that ... also has a vaccine mandate.     🙄   

You're right, Slovakprincess. At first I thought that $25,000 is way too high a ceiling for small claims matters. And it is. But there's a court of limited jurisdiction in between small claims and where Ingo filed for matters where the claimed damages are between $7,500 and $25,000.

Edited by Francie

Back to chad and Courtney wedding. I was looking at pictures of their gothic wedding. Wow. Complete with caskets and all kinds of morbid stuff. Seems like Courtney is the one into that stuff. She said she had dreamed of her red and black Victorian inspired dress since she was little. So maybe chad just went along with it. But it sure looked like the guests had fun!

Goth stuff aside, Courtney seems like such a doll.

Just trying to figure out what went wrong so quickly  - just like his first marriage. 

Maybe even though he plays a douche on tv, he is a douche in real life.🤔

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Hey, all:

Stepping in to reiterate: Please use this thread as press regarding the show/actors itself, not the drama that surrounds it as it skirts very close to the political issues that were bogging this thread down a few weeks back. If you wish to discuss Ingo's lawsuit in general terms and the ramifications of employment, etc., that's fine. But let's not start back up with specific mandate talk and the politics thereof that can creep in.

Thank you.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, seasons said:

Courtney seems like such a doll.

Looks wise, she reminds me of Rena Sofer.  They could play mother/daughter.

Chad's first marriage lasted six months.  This one six weeks.  Whose going to be the lucky lady to get six days?

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Looks wise, she reminds me of Rena Sofer.  They could play mother/daughter.

Chad's first marriage lasted six months.  This one six weeks.  Whose going to be the lucky lady to get six days?

Or six hours?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Or six hours?

I'm excited for the marriage that lasts 6 seconds. "I do," she'll say. Then she'll cringe, shake her head, and say, "Actually..." The wedding guests will, at this point, only bring expired Bed, Bath, and Beyond coupons as gifts.

• LOL 15
On 12/14/2021 at 9:51 PM, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

I hope someone here watches and recaps Ingo's episode. I'm sure it will be awful, but I'm curious what he says. I wonder if he drags NLG.  

For me, even onscreen Jax had tainted my fond memories of Jax. I used to like him, but it's been a long time...like during the Skye relationship but before Brenda came back. He got totally neutered when they put him with Courtney, then Carly.

I don't care about Ingo one way or another.

And Jax always bored me. But I  couldn't care  less if he drags Nancy. She's never been classy about anyone or anything unless they/it supported her narcissistic ideology.

Too bad anything negative he might say about her, even if true, will just be called sour grapes by her cult. 

I've had enough of her, personally. And in my mind, dealing with Nancy's big mouth, is part of the reason Jane is staying away.  

She be smart like that. 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I've had enough of her, personally. And in my mind, dealing with Nancy's big mouth, is part of the reason Jane is staying away.  

She be smart like that. 

Do you have anything to back that up other than your clear dislike of NLG? JE seems like too strong a woman to let one person keep her away from work, especially since other than her most recent appearance, Tracy barely shared scenes with Alexis.

And NLG's "cult" would probably be right about loser Ingo and his sour grapes.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Do you have anything to back that up other than your clear dislike of NLG? JE seems like too strong a woman to let one person keep her away from work, especially since other than her most recent appearance, Tracy barely shared scenes with Alexis.

And NLG's "cult" would probably be right about loser Ingo and his sour grapes.

Nah.

That's why I said in my mind. But she's always been willing to return. Until now.

As far as Nancy and her cult...they defend anything she does. But hey. I remember Viola Davis. And I know the same Nancy who said those things is the same Nancy attacking people today.

She's the same. Period.

She and Ingo aren't that different. That's why they butt heads. 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

That's why I said in my mind. But she's always been willing to return. Until now.

As far as Nancy and her cult...they defend anything she does. But hey. I remember Viola Davis. And I know the same Nancy who said those things is the same Nancy attacking people today.

Is there some interview given where JE has said she's unwilling to ever return again? Given that JE isn't even on contract and comes back, basically as a favor, if she hated NLG so much she could just request to not have any storylines with her. 

So what, Nancy's fans defend her. That makes them fans, not a cult. 

They butt heads because their politics are VASTLY different. They used to get along fine, but then the world got crazier, and people like Ingo stopped hiding how batshit they are.

• Love 14
Just now, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Is there some interview given where JE has said she's unwilling to ever return again? Given that JE isn't even on contract and comes back, basically as a favor, if she hated NLG so much she could just request to not have any storylines with her. 

So what, Nancy's fans defend her. That makes them fans, not a cult. 

They butt heads because their politics are VASTLY different. They used to get along fine, but then the world got crazier, and people like Ingo stopped hiding how batshit they are.

They both stopped hiding it.

Lots of people call Nancy's defenders on social media a cult.

It fits for me. When you defend everything a person says or does, that's cultists. Nancy said so herself about other people.

So that's how I see them.

You don't have to agree. *shrug*

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

They both stopped hiding it.

Lots of people call Nancy's defenders on social media a cult.

It fits for me. When you defend everything a person says or does, that's cultists. Nancy said so herself about other people.

So that's how I see them.

You don't have to agree. *shrug*

NLG's just as outspoken as she's ever been.

I wouldn't agree with those other people either. It takes more to being in a cult than defending someone vigorously. *shrugs*

• Love 5

JE had been a guest at NLG's home and recently- like within the last couple years. It was on social media a bit. So I highly doubt JE is staying away bc of NLG.

There are a million reasons why she might not want to come back to GH. Covid. She's older and doesn't want to work. Awful storylines. Boredom- she has been doing the same character at GH for how many years?

• Love 15

I don't refer to NLG as outspoken.

I refer to her as hateful. Eh. Semantics.

And I can't even imagine defending someone like that, even if they said the grass is green, because those kind of people think the defense, when they tell the truth, means that the HATE is okay. And the hate is never okay.

15 minutes ago, cleo said:

JE had been a guest at NLG's home and recently- like within the last couple years. It was on social media a bit. So I highly doubt JE is staying away bc of NLG.

There are a million reasons why she might not want to come back to GH. Covid. She's older and doesn't want to work. Awful storylines. Boredom- she has been doing the same character at GH for how many years?

Lots can happen between people in minutes, much less years.

No, I don't think NLG would ever be important enough if a reason, by herself, to stop JE.

But the poison and tension BTS could be part of it.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I thought I’d read here that Jane retired? Though it was a great surprise when she showed up last year!

She did, but that was 2017 and she's come back three times since I think, for brief periods at the holidays.

I just hate her last time ended with her banished again, and I'd love a proper end for the character.

Like scamming Valentin out of something and leaving town because she wants to.

Not because she "had" to go.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Whenever JE shows up I always fear (irrationally) that Luke might show up too. I get nervous if anyone even says his name too often. 

NLG is very outspoken and I often disagree with either what she’s saying or her approach (she didn’t need to post on Caroline Hensey’s goodbye to Steve Burton, that was just stirring shit), but I can appreciate that nothing stops her. She gets a LOT of hate but just keeps going. 

• Love 4

The last imdb note for Jane Elliott that isn't GH was in 2015. She's 74 (and looks fantastic) but it seems like she's retired from acting except for an occasional return to GH for a short stint. Given her age and the pandemic, I can understand if she wanted to give these last two years a miss.

The last time Tracy appeared, she came to warn Ned that someone was buying up ELQ shares and to help him repair his marriage. Then she left to rejoin Luke (blech) because she wanted to be with him. (IMO Tracy deserves so much better.) I'm pretty sure that if JE wanted to come back, they'd write her in.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, racked said:

NLG is very outspoken and I often disagree with either what she’s saying or her approach (she didn’t need to post on Caroline Hensey’s goodbye to Steve Burton, that was just stirring shit), but I can appreciate that nothing stops her. She gets a LOT of hate but just keeps going. 

Yep. She doesn't let controversy mute her. I remember 20 years ago when the Sonny/Carly fans and especially the Tamara Braun fans were writing in and trying to get her fired because of things she said in interviews (a lot of it was just that they didn't want Sexis). Anyone else remember "Gag the Hag"?

I didn't think it could get more intense than that, but then social media came.  

NLG's recent "25 years of playing Alexis" interview with SOD was interesting. She said the relationship with Sonny, before the regime change took a machete to it, was one of her favorite stories. Wearing the red wig and faking DID was her least favorite. Her dream new love interest for Alexis would be "a charming, clever, brilliant, smug, competitive, Republican attorney who she can’t stand and can’t stay away from." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Her dream new love interest for Alexis would be "a charming, clever, brilliant, smug, competitive, Republican attorney who she can’t stand and can’t stay away from."

Ironically, that was basically the exact description of her character Julia Wainwright's love interest on Santa Barbara, Mason Capwell, who ticks all the boxes above. He was originally played by Lane Davies, who played Cameron Lewis (Zander's dad) around 2002...

Both of those characters were also lawyers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, racked said:

Whenever JE shows up I always fear (irrationally) that Luke might show up too. I get nervous if anyone even says his name too often. 

Oh yeah, Luke. UGH. I would like for their whole relationship to be ret-conned into being a dream.

Tracy's actually married to Joe Scully Jr 's long lost twin brother who is wealthy and in awe of Tracy to the point of asking her how he got so lucky. He refers to her as "my queen".

Luke is their butler. 

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

The last time Tracy appeared, she came to warn Ned that someone was buying up ELQ shares and to help him repair his marriage. Then she left to rejoin Luke (blech) because she wanted to be with him. (IMO Tracy deserves so much better.) I'm pretty sure that if JE wanted to come back, they'd write her in.

Interestingly enough, Tracey knows about BL's baby scam. She called her to ask her to help her find a baby, but granny hung up on her.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
9 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Her dream ew love interest for Alexis would be "a charming, clever, brilliant, smug, competitive, Republican attorney who she can’t stand and can’t stay away from." 

Maybe when Christine Baranski is done with it on The Good Fight (except for the attorney part).

I really liked Alexis with Neil and I have no idea why they did the sudden 180 and killed him with an inexplicable drug overdose. And then wasted the illegal drug part by not tying it to Cyrus. Or even explaining it.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't care about Ingo one way or another.

And Jax always bored me. But I  couldn't care  less if he drags Nancy. She's never been classy about anyone or anything unless they/it supported her narcissistic ideology.

Too bad anything negative he might say about her, even if true, will just be called sour grapes by her cult. 

She be smart like that. 

JE has already returned this week and NLG referred to her the other day as getting share scenes with someone she loved.

JE and NLG are very close friends.

If anything

JE probably wanted to make sure everyone was vaccinated first before returning again.

Edited by ulkis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

I didn't miss Neil, personally. I thought he was blander than bland. So was that teacher that Lulu was with for 15 minutes before she got put in the coma. I'm all for new characters coming on who aren't in the mob and aren't blood relatives of someone in town, but...do better, Show. 

• Love 2