Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

I heard Billy and BH were also on the list. Which makes sense because this Jakeson story is a mess. 

I dont really know what MB would be complaining about. Unless its on behalf of the other actors.

Me either not sure that sonny is written any differntly than he always was.I mean hes still the bestestest hero this show has ever had according to the show.I remeber him a few months ago complaining on twitter about airtime thouugh.

I do kinda wish we had found out where the fuck this Jakeson story is going, only because we know RC gave BM no idea or direction on the character (per an interview BM did shortly after being hired) but according to TG, stage directions were written into scripts. Since I'm not familiar with the entertainment industry, is that a normal practice? So he didn't tell BM how to act until BM saw the directions in the script, right? That has to be a fucked up way to get in character.

Me either not sure that sonny is written any differntly than he always was.I mean hes still the bestestest hero this show has ever had according to the show.I remeber him a few months ago complaining on twitter about airtime thouugh.

He was complaining about airtime?  Isn't he still first every month?

He was complaining about airtime?  Isn't he still first every month?

No, he wasn't. We're just speculating as to why MB might not have liked RC's writing. I agree with this:

I can see why even the people getting a lot of screen time would be pissed. Carly almost married a serial killer who got her son raped. Sonny murdered AJ and seems to have gotten stupider since Ron took over. I'm sure Ron downplayed how crazy Nina would be and didn't tell MS that Nina would be ripping a baby out of Ava's womb. Ava has become a joke and is useless. Sam has been relatively unscathed but maybe she's pissed that the Sam/Patrick pairing was never given a fair shot. Plus I could see her joining in just to support her coworkers/friends. The only person I don't have any sympathy for is RH (assuming RH stands for Roger Howarth) because he knew he would be playing a worthless serial killer when he signed on the dotted line again. Off the top of my head, CD is the only actor playing an already established character who has benefited since Ron took over.

and this

Also, the stories across the board are so dumb and the ratings tanking. They're all probably embarrassed.

I don't think it's the quantity, it's what they're doing. Like LeftPhalange said, they had Sonny kill AJ in a brutal way, I saw a decent amount of long-time Sonny fans last year start to waver on him after that. I'm sure MB wants to keep his character viable.

And I think it's just the sheer stupidity of the stories, like slovakprincess said. Poor Maura's wig may have been the last straw for everyone. There was a tweet from MB a couple of weeks ago where he said he just wanted Sonny to snatch it off.

• Love 3

I've never been much of a Michael Easton fan so I am fine, just fine, with this.  Silas may be a less offensive non-entity right now, but they propped and pushed the character hard last year and it never worked.

And, of course, Jamey Giddens tries to slide the blame for Silas/Franco/Kiki onto Prospect Park. 

• Love 4

I wish ME well. I found Silas the least offensive of the 3 OLTL transplants. But I sort of figured he may be leaving, since he was barely on and no real story line in months. I'd say he should go to Days but alas MA is no longer there and I would have loved to see them repaired.

Wonder who is next? MW? I see a few people leaving at this point and probably not the ones I want.

• Love 5
(edited)

So we'll have to suffer through months of a stupid murder mystery story for a non-entity character that could've just left town unnoticed. On my list of characters I want to see brutally murdered Silas isn't anywhere near the top.

Meanwhile Franco lives to ruin another episode.

Edited by OnceSane
added spoiler tags
  • Love 10

Okay, let me preface this by saying I am not defending the rape storyline from when Monty took over and decided that Geary needed to stay on the show.

I've read comments about how having a female head writer isn't necessarily a good thing, and having a woman marry her rapist used as an example.

Here's the thing (and I'm not asking or expecting anyone to agree with me), and this goes to Geary as well, who's done nothing but bitch about Luke and Laura for years now. And my point is, that without Luke and Laura--there wouldn't be any Luke, because originally, he was only going to be a temporary character, who was going to be killed off. It was due the amazing chemistry that he and Genie generated, that had whoever saying, "No, we have to keep him!" that put the writers in a bind. Because they had put themselves into a corner. How do they keep Luke with Laura, after he had raped her? Maybe they shouldn't have had him rape her in the original storyline, and then they wouldn't have the problem of having to bullshit and lie that it was a seduction.  They did what they had/wanted to do to put Luke and Laura together.  And because of their popularity--making the news, cover of...Time? was it? I can't remember. But they exploded and it was all anyone could talk about, based on the stories I've read and interviews and clips of the news over the years.  So, that's why I've been saying Geary can just shut it, when it comes to the legacy of Luke and Laura, because without Laura? He would have been killed off, never to be heard from again, if not for Monty wanting to keep him...with Laura, even though, from what I've read here, she didn't think his popularity had anything to do with Laura, which, I'm sorry, it did.  She was wrong about that.  I don't know when they said it was seduction, because even Luke said he'd raped Laura, when she said "the first time we made love." Ugh, I feel dirty just typing that out.  But the show finally did clear it up, years later maybe, but they did, after Liz's rape.  Laura's rape was revisited again, and Geary and Genie delivered powerful, raw performances that still give me chills to this day.

And that's all I'm going to say and shut up about it.

• Love 9
(edited)

So we'll have to suffer through months of a stupid murder mystery story for a non-entity character that could've just left town unnoticed. On my list of characters I want to see brutally murdered Silas isn't anywhere near the top.

Meanwhile Franco lives to ruin another episode.

I wonder how sad Sam will pretend to be.

Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited
  • Love 1

Yeah, I'm gonna need the full list. I'm so curious now! Whose Twitter feed is this on?

I should have saved it, I went back and tried to find it to no avail. It's been a rough few days with the loss of my beloved fur baby.

Here is the list from memory (only putting those on here for sure I remember, with some comments by me):

MB - I've heard a couple of things. One is that he didn't appreciate the NLG mustache remark, but also that the tried to get MW fired because he didn't want Sonny to look like a pussy next to Ava. He was also a real dick to her when she first started.

NLG - her writing really hasn't been the best. A hot romance, but that's it.

TC - this is the one that I can't understand. He's getting some interesting writing, but maybe he's as pissed as we are about his motivation being reasons, blah blah blah, Helena.

JT - self-explanatory, I would think.

BH - I guess I can't argue against this one either.

KeMo - she might have been outraged on behalf of NLG or just trying to go to bat for the Jasam fans, I don't know. 

BC - not sure if there was more to this than just his Twitter comments, but he definitely wasn't happy about some stuff, which I can't blame him. The drugging storyline was really crappy.

JE - obvious reasons. Glad she said something.

There might have been a couple more, but I know these were listed for sure.

• Love 6
(edited)

this is the supposed list

Maurice Benard
Jason Thompson
Tyler Christopher
Finola Hughes
Nancy Lee Grahn
Bryan Craig
Rebecca Herbst
Billy Miller
Jane Elliot
Kelly Monaco...just to name a few of those who are happy for the new change in writers.

I'm sure most of the actors hated the writing. I'm sure Emme, Dominic (until recently), and Kirsten weren't fans of the writing.

Out of the contract players who have been around a while, I think maybe Chad is the one with the least to complain about, like LeftPhalange said. (Unless he's mad, if the rumors are true, that they lowballed Kristen . . . in which case, whatever). Kin said he was happy just to be asked back, so he's probably okay with the writers.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

About this actors coup stuff...isn't that mostly or all coming from Jamey Giddens?  It's a might suspicious because it of course paints "poor Ron" as some kind of a victim.

Veronica here said something about it here before Jamey Giddens did. Unless Veronica is secretly Jamey Giddens. 

I'm sure most of the actors hated the writing. I'm sure Emme, Dominic (until recently), and Kirsten weren't fans of the writing.

Emme has to be on the list, during Brandon's return she wanted more Johnny/Lulu. Instead they hire a new girl for Dante to sleep with.

• Love 1
JG- thought ABC should have thanked RC for saving GH.

Good grief. It's not up to the network to thank RC. It hired him to do just that. 

I can't defend

That's a thing that happened. We were going off the air in three months and were rolling with it, I dunno what to tell you.

(That is Michael fucking Easton as the baby, BTW)

NGL, I enjoyed all that. It was done with a good, light touch and wasn't overplayed. And OLTL could handle that sort of thing, IMO.

With Alderson having departed GH earlier this year, Howarth is the only one of the OLTL transplants left on the canvas.

But Lauren lives on. Life is so unfair. I'm sorry to see ME goes, as you guys know I'm a fan, but he'll be fine. I still wish Silas hadn't been the first to get cut. There are so many others who are equally pointless but we have to suffer seeing them way more. And yeah, if they kill off Silas, it gives characters I despise story. Just have him move to NYC because of a patient. It doesn't have to be complicated.

[MB] tried to get MW fired because he didn't want Sonny to look like a pussy next to Ava. He was also a real dick to her when she first started.

Wow. Insecure much, Mo? When does Sonny not look like a pussy? He hires men who can't hit their targets; he bullies everyone in sight; he can't keep track of how many kids he has and what their names are.

• Love 8
(edited)

Emme has to be on the list, during Brandon's return she wanted more Johnny/Lulu. Instead they hire a new girl for Dante to sleep with.

No, she did not have a particular hankering for Johnny/Lulu, she just wanted drama. She doesn't/didn't care what corner it comes from. Plus, they hired Dillon to pay attention to Lulu anyway.

And it was BB's own choice to only do a couple of weeks' stint last winter. I'm sure ER  knows that and doesn't hold that against the writers. BB said himself FV offered him a contract, he didn't want it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)
Sam has been relatively unscathed but maybe she's pissed that the Sam/Patrick pairing was never given a fair shot.

I don't know that she has a ton of room to complain about that.  She initially campaigned for the pairing, but then she was also pushing for them to cast BM as NuJason.  She couldn't have possibly thought that Samtrick had any real chance if they were bringing Jason back.  If her complaint is about the overall writing quality, I'm with her.  If her complaint is that Samtrick wasn't a success, then I don't know what she expected.  

Holy fuck!

I love this.

http://www.soapopera...orth-returns-gh

I'm with you.  But now I want them to get Ethan back with her.  Yep, I'm still bitter.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 3
(edited)

TG returning was always a possibility, especially because Luke left PC alive. (Not that that's any guarantee someone stays gone.) But unless his money runs out, I bet he'll stay away for at least a couple of years. If the show gets canceled before that, that's the only reason I can see him returning any earlier.

I wonder why Kristina returns. I enjoyed Lexi in the role, but the character has never been much. And no Ethan! (Sorry, everyone who likes him.)

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

I'm with you.  But now I want them to get Ethan back with her.  Yep, I'm still bitter.

I'll be honest, I was definitely not an Ethina fan. But now I could see them together now that she's aged a bit. She was just too young looking before for me to get into them. So of course now the timing is all wrong. Ah well. It'll be nice to see Lexi again.

• Love 1

Hmmm.  My feelings are mixed.

If she's coming in to oust Kiki as the female lead in that age group...YAH!

If she's coming in as part of a swing in focus to Sonny...BOO!

But Luke passed him the gun torch on his way out!   :simultaneous eyeroll and gag:

• Love 3

It had better not mean a pregnant-Nina story. (I assume this RL baby will also be born by surrogate?) Any Nina break will be welcomed, however.

I wonder if she'll sleep with Ric before sleeping with Franco (or vice versa) and wind up in a Who's the Crazy Daddy storyline?

I wonder if anyone will care...

But Luke passed him the gun torch on his way out!   :simultaneous eyeroll and gag:

At this point they might as well name the show sonny and kids.He has more members in his family than he quatermaines do how depressing.

• Love 1
(edited)

Me too! Never thought it would happen. Good choice, good choice.

How can anyone miss him if he doesn't fucking leave?!

I love how he blames Luke and Laura for no one being able to move on and, you know, not his need for a cushy gig. Which, hey, NOTHING wrong with that. But then don't fucking blame Luke and Laura man.

I loved Lexi's Kristina, but now with Molly being 18 and graduating from HS, I'm concerned that Kristina will look younger than her baby sister.

She got a ginormous boob job. But besides that, Kristina and Molly aren't supposed to be that far apart in age now. Sometimes the older sister looks like the younger one. It happens. Heck, some viewers have thought that with Michael and Morgan.

In that case, fuck it! Put the kids to work!

"Look at this floor! do you call that clean?! DO YOU!?"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5