Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, avocadohead said:

Hello? Steve and Billy.

But Billy wasn't fired, he's still cashing a check while Greg Vaughn and...whoever that was playing Greenlee...were fired, just as Gina Tognoni has been.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

But Billy wasn't fired, he's still cashing a check while Greg Vaughn and...whoever that was playing Greenlee...were fired, just as Gina Tognoni has been.

Sabine Singh.

I told you I'm an encyclopedia. 🙂

Well I guess Nina really won't forgive Valentin this time.

Instead of recasting Nina with whoever, I think that they should bring back RBud as Hayden. Finn and Anna are dull, so she is still out there raising his kid. She is also Nikolas's widow (wife if he is still alive) and Liz's sister.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, avocadohead said:

A legacy character like Robin should not have to be recast just so JT can have a job. 

THANK YOU. 

And I’d also like to add that a legacy character like Robin should not have been *trashed* in the name of his character and his female flings. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

IF ONLY.

It almost happened.   I think a lot of fans overestimate FV's like for certain actors. I think he likes them to an extent. Michelle Stafford was his "pet" and now she's gone so he must not have put enough $$ on the table or appealing writing for her to stay on.

I think instead FV probably prefers certain characters to others and that's why so much horrible shit is on screen.

I just hope Billy is gone in June.  Then I can stop caring about this trash heap.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Is this when Billy’s contract is up?

That's the rumor.  That he reworked it so it could end in June, usually it would be September.

10 hours ago, avocadohead said:

he was given a test and he failed

I don't think JT failed; I think the writing failed him. There was no way a relationship could work with Patrick when the show refused to resolve the Robin story until they could get KMc back. Also, the women they paired with Patrick, Sabrina and Sam, weren't right for him for a lot of reasons.

2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:
10 hours ago, avocadohead said:

A legacy character like Robin should not have to be recast just so JT can have a job. 

THANK YOU. 

And I’d also like to add that a legacy character like Robin should not have been *trashed* in the name of his character and his female flings. 

Again, this is a failure of the writing, not of JT.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Again, this is a failure of the writing, not of JT.

Of course. I never personally blamed Jason Thompson. I am blaming the writers, Ron, Frank, etc. For whatever reason, they thought it would benefit the show to trash Robin Scorpio in order to shine a light on Patrick Drake and Sabrina and/or Sam. To the point where they had a legacy character’s “miracle” DAUGHTER cry that her mother was going to ruin the wedding of her father and his new side piece. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well I guess Nina really won't forgive Valentin this time.

Instead of recasting Nina with whoever, I think that they should bring back RBud as Hayden. Finn and Anna are dull, so she is still out there raising his kid. She is also Nikolas's widow (wife if he is still alive) and Liz's sister.

Yes, please. I miss seeing her. But I'm not a fan of her with Finn. I never got into them. I don't really like him with Anna either. He's one of the ones that needs to go next IMO. 

If they were to pair Hayden with someone else - sexier - that would be something I'd also be interested in. I don't see anyone on canvas like that though in that age range. The male actors on this show are sorely lacking. 

• Love 2

The male actors on this show are very lacking, so true.  The only one with any hot factor IMO is Miller, and yet he somehow only has sexual chemistry onscreen with Kemo.  He is a dud with everyone else.    The actor who plays Kevin does have sexual chemistry with Maura.   The younger crowd, I am trying to think, the actor who plays Cam probably has it.  He is too young for me to see it in, though I do see and enjoy his talent!

The rest of them are a mess.  A mess!!  You couldn't pay me to make out with Maurice, Burton, or RoHo, for three examples.  This is really why I cant blame Kemo for being a zombie these days.  Look at who she has to do love scenes with!  You can say that's her job, but man, I can see why she'd be burned out.   I don't know how Laura Wright does it with Maurice.  I mean, they have zero sexual heat, but Wright does give it the ole college try.  Ech

Edited by CeChase
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I agree those three males characters are vile and have zero romantic qualities given their character histories. A hired gun. A mobster and a serial killer are the romantic leads on this shit show. Plus those actors for me personally are not sexy, can’t kiss on screen. Can’t do romance. The writers are beyond stupid putting this line up of men as the ones who always get the girls. 

What other soap does this trash? Days? And it’s as much in the shitter as gh. At least there’s John Black still a decent man with a love story. On gh that’s no where to be found. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CeChase said:

The male actors on this show are very lacking, so true.  The only one with any hot factor IMO is Miller, and yet he somehow only has sexual chemistry onscreen with Kemo.  He is a dud with everyone else.    The actor who plays Kevin does have sexual chemistry with Maura.   The younger crowd, I am trying to think, the actor who plays Cam probably has it.  He is too young for me to see it in, though I do see and enjoy his talent!

The rest of them are a mess.  A mess!!  You couldn't pay me to make out with Maurice, Burton, or RoHo, for three examples.  This is really why I cant blame Kemo for being a zombie these days.  Look at who she has to do love scenes with!  You can say that's her job, but man, I can see why she'd be burned out.   I don't know how Laura Wright does it with Maurice.  I mean, they have zero sexual heat, but Wright does give it the ole college try.  Ech

I agree that few of the men are hot, but I disagree that Billy Miller is the only one. Donnell Turner is incredibly hot (more when his beard is trimmed shorter, but still hot now) which means the show is extra awesome when Drew and Curtis have a buddy scene.  Josh Swickard is also pretty attractive, in my opinion.

Ryan Paevey was ridiculously gorgeous. Too bad he left. 

• Love 10

Ron Carlivati didn't give a shit about Patrick any more than he gave a shit about most men on his shows. If you watch his work over the years, unless he created or brought in that character most males are expendable chess pieces in his stories. Most of the more conventional leads are the goat/dupe or a piece of meat or gender-swapped as the clueless ingenue, or all of the above, usually to bigger villains or vixens, etc. Dante, Patrick, Nathan, Spinelli, Jake/Jason II, Michael, Morgan, etc. That is why Patrick had an offscreen pill addiction story before being turned into a Prince Charming archetype overnight for two new characters (Sabrina and Britt) to compete over. Patrick was never the priority. RC's larger plot machinations with Faison, Robin, etc. always were. For that any character can be misused and marginalized, and that included both Robin and Patrick, albeit in different ways.

I was never some massive fan of Patrick as a solo character, ever, and I see no point in him returning to the show on contract. But the fact is GH didn't give a shit about his character beyond plot function once Robin was gone. They might have paired him with new women, but that was simply a function of a larger plot arc in which logic and plausible motivation regularly went out the window for multiple characters. JT knew all this, which is why he quit. Nothing that was done to him or to Robin was to try to make Patrick happen as some shining solo lead; that's missing the forest for the trees. It was done in part to shine up new favorites like Sabrina (who was always going to lose Patrick but not without RC making sure to try to make people pity her first), but more importantly to further a larger umbrella plot axis with supervillains and the Scorpios - because before Ron Carlivati ever came to GH, he'd already begun prioritizing plot over characters. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

So - getting down to practical matters - if it has now been announced that MS is leaving, when is likely to be her last day on GH?

Sometime in May....

I'll say first 2 weeks of May.

19 minutes ago, Hater said:

Sometime in May....

I'll say first 2 weeks of May.

Sweeps. Maybe they can kill her off once she discovers that Sasha isn't her daughter and Willow is. Because that was a dangling storyline that needs to be finished once and for all.

11 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I agree that few of the men are hot, but I disagree that Billy Miller is the only one. Donnell Turner is incredibly hot (more when his beard is trimmed shorter, but still hot now) which means the show is extra awesome when Drew and Curtis have a buddy scene.  Josh Swickard is also pretty attractive, in my opinion.

Ryan Paevey was ridiculously gorgeous. Too bad he left. 

You're right.  I forgot about Josh/Chase and Donnell.  Donnell isn't showing any hotness to me because his pairing is horrific.  My god the actress who plays Jordan is bad.   There is nothing there.  But he himself is hot, yes.  And I actually enjoy Chase with Willow quite a bit though.  They're cute.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, CeChase said:

You're right.  I forgot about Josh/Chase and Donnell.  Donnell isn't showing any hotness to me because his pairing is horrific.  My god the actress who plays Jordan is bad.   There is nothing there.  But he himself is hot, yes.  And I actually enjoy Chase with Willow quite a bit though.  They're cute.

Yeah, nuJordan isn't cutting it at all. All I see are weird eyebrows and a big head of hair. Nope! All the heat is gone with Curtis & Jordan. Det.. Chase is good looking enough but he's paired with an even more boring, Willow. Billy Miller should be on FIRE but he's stuck doing nothing except siting in a doctors office. He should be with Sam but TPTB want her and old looking face Burton together.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, CeChase said:

I agree that Curtis and nuJordan have no chemistry at all. My gosh that was a terrible recast. But, I cab stare at Donnell all day so I don't mind all that much. Drew/Curtis scenes are still one of the best parts of this show.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Drew/Curtis scenes are still one of the best parts of this show.

One of the very few, nontoxic relationships on the show that the writers have decided shouldn't be shown so much. 

It's so stupid that the writers didn't feel there should be more Curtis/Drew scenes after Drew ran Jordan over. 

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

One of the very few, nontoxic relationships on the show that the writers have decided shouldn't be shown so much. 

It's so stupid that the writers didn't feel there should be more Curtis/Drew scenes after Drew ran Jordan over. 

Drew had to wipe Elizabeth’s ass because Franco was lying again. I hate this show. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, jsbt said:

Ron Carlivati didn't give a shit about Patrick

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter what Ron’s intentions were. For me. It was characters like Robin, Nik, and Liz who paid the price at the time. Not Patrick, Sam, or Jason.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...why am I reading rumblings on Twitter that the show's recasting Nina, that they apparently have a ridiculous choice in mind?

Help us out, who are you hearing? 

I know nothing.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

...why am I reading rumblings on Twitter that the show's recasting Nina, that they apparently have a ridiculous choice in mind?

Who even wants a Nina recast and who was clamoring for resolution to the Nina's Daughter story??

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Who even wants a Nina recast and who was clamoring for resolution to the Nina's Daughter story??

In all fairness, her departure really does tank long-term stories for a decent number of characters (Valentin, Sasha, Willow.  To a lesser extent, Maxie, Obrecht, and Lulu too.) I get why they would want to play those out as originally imagined.

But if they recast, none of the DNA reveal/reconciliation with Willow will have any impact. It's a no-win, for sure.

• Love 1
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Ladybyrd said:

In all fairness, her departure really does tank long-term stories for a decent number of characters (Valentin, Sasha, Willow.  To a lesser extent, Maxie, Obrecht, and Lulu too.) I get why they would want to play those out as originally imagined.

But if they recast, none of the DNA reveal/reconciliation with Willow will have any impact. It's a no-win, for sure.

Valentin, Sasha, and Willow can follow Nina out the door. Dr. O, too. 

Maxie can claim her rightful position as head of Crimson. 

Lulu can be Charlotte's mother like she is supposed to be and deal with only one disrespectful co-parent instead of two.

Problem solved for everyone, right?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, jsbt said:

With the exception of Jason all those characters paid the price in terms of character damage.

On-screen? When exactly did Patrick and Sam pay a price? Viewers may have their own opinions, sure. But on our actual screen? How the writers depicted it? Robin actually apologized to PATRICK for being kidnapped. Sam has never apologized to anyone for anything in probably 10 years now. Or more. Sam and Patrick never suffered consequences to anything because they were always excused and portrayed as victims. That’s my point.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

11 hours ago, Ladybyrd said:

Help us out, who are you hearing? 

I know nothing.

I know! Jennifer Bransford. Because it's a GH bylaw that every Carly actress deserves a second chance.  

I'm kidding. Although can't you kind of see it?

• LOL 4
(edited)
10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

On-screen? When exactly did Patrick and Sam pay a price?

This is not what I'm talking about. Liz is frontburner married(?) to a serial killer and before that she basically raped Jake/Drew. That is damage. Patrick and Sam both got thrown into a series of overnight relationships (and in Patrick's case, got turned into a total idiot re: Robin's first re-exit in '14) and then got clowned when Robin and Jason finally turned up. That's damage of a different kind as well. We can go down the list and talk about what was done to Nikolas' character, to Jason/Drew's, it can go down a long list. I don't have to ride or die for these characters to recognize the damage done to them.

To be very clear: I prioritize and love Robin over literally everyone else I mentioned. But if we're talking onscreen, then let's talk about it onscreen. Both Patrick and Sam ended up apologizing to their MIA spouses when all was said and done. What more should they have done to 'pay for' moving on while being duped and clueless in a stupidly-written storyline? What consequences should they suffer for being poorly written duped puzzle pieces in a love triangle? It's not like Patrick sold Robin to white slavers or Sam ran Jason down.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, jsbt said:

This is not what I'm talking about. 

That’s what I am talking about, though, lol. We are speaking on two different topics.

15 minutes ago, jsbt said:

What more should they have done to 'pay for' moving on while being duped and clueless in a stupidly-written storyline?

They weren’t duped and clueless initially. Patrick, in particular. He knew why Robin left, he knew she was threatened, he knew via Faison the car accident that killed his child was done to threaten Robin, he interacted with Faison, he got a call from Robin that she was broken and was leaving for Paris, and then NEVER interacted with or called her until they retconned that she was FaceTiming the family that whole time. I can go on and get into Sam, who knew Robin and Patrick divorced because she went to save Jason. Which brings me to.....the story was retconned a billion times in order to make Patrick and Sam “clueless,” in turn making them “innocent,” so there would be nothing to pay for at that point. Again, that is my point. I’m talking character damage in writing. Not perceived character damage by US, the viewers. Of course as a viewer I think Patrick looked BAD. In writing, though, he wasnt written to look awful. The story was actually rewritten multiple times in order for both him and Sam to be the “good” characters.

• Love 4

I wonder if they do replace MS what name actress would fill the role? Kassie DePavia would have been good but she's taken. I need someone tall, thin & in their 50's like MS & KDeP. Any suggestions?

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

They weren’t duped and clueless initially. Patrick, in particular. He knew why Robin left, he knew she was threatened, he knew via Faison the car accident that killed his child was done to threaten Robin, he interacted with Faison, he got a call from Robin that she was broken and was leaving for Paris, and then NEVER interacted with or called her until they retconned that she was FaceTiming the family that whole time.

Yes, and that was all serious damage to Patrick's character. That's part of what I'm talking about. He was duped the first time and turned into one of many clueless male props after Robin "died," then duped to a lesser extent with her second exit but damaged far, far worse. That's my whole point. When it wrapped I thought Patrick's apologies to Robin upon their final exit were sufficient. YMMV. But there was never going to be another option in how to handle that with both of them leaving the show and RC and his subsequent replacements having written them down to the wire like that.

It's true Carlivati wrote it trying to skew it so people would still sympathize with Patrick and Sam even though they knew Robin was in danger. This wasn't the first time he'd done this in a story like that. As I said many times back in the day he always liked to play it both ways. He'd want people to fear for Robin and invest in her plight and know the truth and care for her and her heroic choice, but he also liked to trash her (as well as other characters in similar positions in other stories he's done) to keep the other players viable.  The end result of that sort of wishy washy approach, for me at least, was everyone getting trashed. Robin most of all? Maybe - but at the end of the day, she came out of it as the selfless heroine rescued and beloved by her family, while Patrick was still the dude whose predominant screentime had become being the cranky dumbass who couldn't see though Helena's obvious scam and stop banging Sam long enough to rescue his back from the dead wife til his contract ran out. I can't blame JT for bolting.

Ron Carlivati's attitude was always that people would forgive the characters and his storyline anything in the end when the truth was known - after he made them wait. He misused that trust, but IMO that is not the fault of the characters he very cavalierly misused to service a plot that became very forced. By the time that shitshow was over all I needed from those characters was what they gave their partners, but that's me.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Laura Benanti could fill the role. Ashley Scott could be an interesting cast. I don't watch any other soaps so I don't know well is available from the genre.

Benanti is winning awards on Broadway. She even left her role on Supergirl because it took her away from NY too much. I don't see her leaving that for a failing soap on daytime.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I wonder if they do replace MS what name actress would fill the role? Kassie DePavia would have been good but she's taken. I need someone tall, thin & in their 50's like MS & KDeP. Any suggestions?

Alicia Minshew comes to mind (it would be a de-SORAS, but that's par for the course.) Alternatively, maybe Cady McClain.

I really would get a kick out of it if they just used Gina, though. GH and Y&R have basically been in a pissy swapping match for years. They could make it official.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wish they would just get Melissa Archer. 

I hope for GT's dignity she does not replace Stafford again on an even worse soap than YR.   The Young and the Restless experiment will come to end soon imo.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1