Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

You GUYYYYYYS!!!! 

Little Emily Quartermain Amber Tamblyn is ALL GROWN UP!!! She was a guest host on The View today and I learned that a movie she wrote and directed is finally out on Netflix. She’s been working on it for seven years. Based on a Janet Fitch novel, Paint it Black.

She and Kimberly McCullough need to collaborate!!!!!????

• Love 4

She has become such a force in the #MeToo movement. I'm so proud of her.

I wonder if she stays in touch with anyone at GH? I feel like when it comes to younger actors who started on the show, she tends to be a bit overlooked at times. 

• Love 3
On 1/30/2018 at 7:28 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

This is news? We all knew he was a model and this show was his first gig when his wooden ass, sonorous sounding voice first showed up.???

He'll be in Hallmark and Lifetime movies until his looks fade. ABC really seemed to want to make him a leading actor his first year even promoting him on The View and Extra

And he and Robin likely would have broken up after she went to college and he kept working for Sonny.

Let’s hope his brother would have still stayed away, or he might have been many of the LEO characters sacrificed at the altar of Sonny.

*shudder* What happened to Stone was terrible, but I don’t really want to speculate about this.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Stone would be a mini Sonny, another criminal who would be hailed a hero. Probably in the mob with Sonny and Jason.

Horrible to say, but he's better off dead in the current show landscape.

Could.Not.Disagree.More. Unlike the borg, Stone knew right from wrong, and unlike the Borg, Stone would listen to Robin and respected her, and LOVED her. Stone wasn't a narcissistic little bitch.

11 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

Exactly. He'd essentially be Jason Morgan.

Again, disagree. Stone wasn't brain damaged; nor did he portray himself as Truthteller and asshole extreme; he didn't have anger issues, either. 

But it's all moot, because Stone IS dead.

• Love 5

After Stone was diagnosed he did not want to waste one more day on missed opportunities. He was determine to live fully not knowing how much time he had left. 

If he didn't die, Stone would have gone back to school or found some other path than just being Sonny's messenger boy. He would have done it for Robin. He would have done it for himself.

And as much grief as Sonny deserves to get, he would not have demanded it of Stone.

Stone is nothing like Jason and he was never as involved as Jason was in Sonny's business.

• Love 6

Lindze Letherman looks like she has barely aged. Nice to see that picture. That was one of Guza's most egregious errors, killing Georgie off. And for what? So Spinelli could wail and slobber all over her body? UGH.

No, still not over that mess. (Even if the Scrubs fans did get Emma because of it.)

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, UYI said:

I did look at Lindze's Twitter, though, and she hasn't posted anything since 2014, when she got married.  

Hasn't she stopped acting, except for one-offs like today? If she has, she might feel like she doesn't have to put herself out there.

45 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

That was one of Guza's most egregious errors, killing Georgie off. And for what? So Spinelli could wail and slobber all over her body? UGH.

And, like, a month after he killed Emily.  Idiot.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Hasn't she stopped acting, except for one-offs like today? If she has, she might feel like she doesn't have to put herself out there.

She manages a restaurant in suburban LA now. 

1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Lindze Letherman looks like she has barely aged. Nice to see that picture. That was one of Guza's most egregious errors, killing Georgie off. And for what? So Spinelli could wail and slobber all over her body? UGH.

No, still not over that mess. (Even if the Scrubs fans did get Emma because of it.)

The ten year anniversary of her death was two months ago. I meant to post those scenes in the GH History thread, but never did. 

38 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And, like, a month after he killed Emily.  Idiot.

And the same year as Alan. 

Sympathy to Constance Towers on the death of her husband of four decades, the actor, later diplomat John Gavin, 86.  Gavin was in many classic Hollywood films, including Imitation of Life (the Douglas Sirk remake), Psycho, and Spartacus. He was and is often criticized for woodenness, but certainly was one of the best-looking men on screens at that time. He was later the SAG president, and still later the US Ambassador to Mexico in the Reagan administration.  Definitely an interesting life.  

Towers.jpg

• Love 14
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The soap as a whole is a disaster, but that was a really good episode, IMO. If that's all anyone saw, I'm not mad GH won.

Was that the episode they were nominated for?  Hasn't JT been gone for a while?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Gross.

Love how it uses a pic of JT (here recreating Steve Hardy) and BH (recreating Jessie Brewer), the only two actors of any prominence who play(ed) a doctor and nurse. And JT is gone. Who'd TIIC pay off to get this?

• Love 1

Didn't that episode air in 2015? That COULDN'T be the episode they won for! The timeline doesn't work. That out of date photo was the FIRST thing I noticed in that Tweet! 

Come on, y'all! FOCUS! :P 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, UYI said:

Didn't that episode air in 2015? That COULDN'T be the episode they won for! The timeline doesn't work. That out of date photo was the FIRST thing I noticed in that Tweet! 

Come on, y'all! FOCUS! :P 

LOL. I cling to the random excellent episodes we get these days, no matter when they air.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL. I cling to the random excellent episodes we get these days, no matter when they air.

Heh, I understand that. I hope I didn't across too harsh. 

On 1/30/2018 at 1:30 PM, TheMediaHo said:

Not sure where to post this, but here goes...yesterday, the GH Facebook page posted something about the "doctor's" working on all the wounded in the ER. I pointed out that someone who misuses the apostrophe should not be posting anything work-related. Within 30 minutes, I was being figuratively bitch-slapped by the anti-grammar police. I was asked who pissed in my Cheerios (classy) and if I had taken extra bitch pills that morning (classy again). After a while, I reminded myself that the GH FB page is largely made up of rabid Sonny-worshippers. So, I guess if my comment had been along the lines of "Only Sonny would be clueless enough to put an apostrophe where it doesn't belong," I would have been hunted down with pitchforks. Be forewarned: do not engage with rabid types!

That is awful!

Facebook was an incredible eye-opener for me in terms of grammar and spelling.

I had no idea that so many of my friends were so stoopid.

Lol

Edited by seasons
Lol typos!
  • Love 5
On 2/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, amaranta said:

Took a peek at Genie's twitter and she looks relaxed, happy, and just plain amazing.  I'm going to miss her and wish they had managed to work things out.

So that's her living room? I'm all for simple living, but I expected a little bit more. Ok, a lot more.

Qvc sells much nicer slipcovers, Genie. I can hook you up with an item #.

Edited by seasons
5 hours ago, Neptune said:

*raises hand*

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

What are billy and Kelly doing? Answering questions? 

I went to that website. Says "once in a lifetime". A " unique live show / personal meet and greets"???

That website is wonky on my kindle.