Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

On 6/12/2024 at 5:30 PM, tessaray said:

Eta: I'm ignoring RoHo and LWB as options because either would send me back to the barge. I'm trying to be optimistic. 

The idea of LWB being someone FV genuinely thinks the audience would be cheering to see again is cracking me up. Because I could actually picture it! 

I don’t know who is left of Frank’s favorites. It feels like we have gone through the whole OLTL cast. If it is a Lucky recast I hope it’s good. I know it won’t be JJ at this point. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He’s on Bold & The Beautiful  right now and doesn’t look like he’ll be leaving anytime soon since he just got his HEA with a murderous psycho.

Yeah, Deacon is getting leading man stories on there which would never happen on GH.

I still think "John/Jagger" should have been an AJ recast.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He’s on Bold & The Beautiful  right now and doesn’t look like he’ll be leaving anytime soon since he just got his HEA with a murderous psycho.

Yeah, Deacon is getting leading man stories on there which would never happen on GH.

While this makes me sad for myself because I don’t watch B&B and I loved Sean Karan, I’m happy for him that he’s finally somewhere getting those leading man stories.  GH wasted him by always making him the screw up, second best to St. Jasus.  I liked AJ with Liz, Sean and Becky had good chemistry.  And he even made Carly tolerable!

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

While this makes me sad for myself because I don’t watch B&B and I loved Sean Karan, I’m happy for him that he’s finally somewhere getting those leading man stories.  GH wasted him by always making him the screw up, second best to St. Jasus.  I liked AJ with Liz, Sean and Becky had good chemistry.  And he even made Carly tolerable!

He's still very much wasted on Bold & The Beautiful, and I see shades of his Deacon being treated like his AJ, but at least Deacon gets some happiness. And Kanan is by far, one of the best actors on the show.

And Boy, does he look fiiiiiiiiiine.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes!  He’s one of those people who gets better with age.  Like he was always handsome and all but he’s smoking hot now.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Any actor on B&B who isn't Ridge or Brooke is always 10 mins away from potentially being put on recurring and fired. Ask Rena (or Sarah Brown).

On 6/13/2024 at 7:48 PM, racked said:

It feels like we have gone through the whole OLTL cast. 

I promise you he has not. Do not tempt fate.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 6/15/2024 at 6:20 PM, jsbt said:

Any actor on B&B who isn't Ridge or Brooke is always 10 mins away from potentially being put on recurring and fired. Ask Rena (or Sarah Brown).

The exception seems to be Kimberlin Brown, who I thought I was rid of, but of course, show brought her back. UGH. She's just like a cockroach. Kill her, but she always comes back.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
On 6/13/2024 at 12:13 PM, CeChase said:

I don't know Kim Zimmer, but Stafford is A LOT for me.  I was so glad when Cynthia took over the Nina role.   

Amazingly enough I didn't really mind Stafford for the first year or two of her time on GH. I think with being in a new environment and on a completely different show kept her from feeling comfortable enough to automatically start with the overemoting feral energy she brings to Y&R as Phyllis. 

On 6/13/2024 at 9:48 PM, racked said:

The idea of LWB being someone FV genuinely thinks the audience would be cheering to see again is cracking me up. Because I could actually picture it!  

I'm blanking on who LWB is. I wasn't a super frequent viewer of OLTL over the years and read more about it in the Soap mags.

On 6/14/2024 at 10:56 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

He's still very much wasted on Bold & The Beautiful, and I see shades of his Deacon being treated like his AJ, but at least Deacon gets some happiness. And Kanan is by far, one of the best actors on the show.

I was angry enough with finding out GH was getting rid of Sean. Then they just had to add on to that with having Sonny/Mo be the murderer. That whole mess still makes me a bit mad just thinking about it.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
15 minutes ago, Jaded said:

who LWB is

Laura Wright's Boyfriend, Wes Ramsey.  Peter August (Henrik Faison).  Maxie's ex, father of Bailey Lu.

• Like 4
On 6/13/2024 at 10:48 PM, racked said:

I don’t know who is left of Frank’s favorites. It feels like we have gone through the whole OLTL cast. If it is a Lucky recast I hope it’s good. I know it won’t be JJ at this point. 

There is speculation that it is Nicolas Chavez coming back. I would personally love that. 

• Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

There is speculation that it is Nicolas Chavez coming back.

He ain't.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

John J. York was interviewed on Good Morning America yesterday talking about his cancer treatment and returning to the show

• Like 7
(edited)
10 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

There is speculation that it is Nicolas Chavez coming back. I would personally love that. 

That picture on his Instagram, with Gio (that's his name in real life too, I think?) started that speculation, and it gave me about a moment's pause but...apparently he has just been cast  in a new Ryan Murphy series, called Grotesquerie, premiering this fall.   So I just don't see it happening.  Murphy doesn't reuse all of his actors, just his favorite ones.  It looks like Chavez has become one of them.  

Edit to add; I haven't seen NAC confirm this yet, and I am not 100% sure it's true.  Now I'm thinking I shouldn't even have posted it because I did a google search and there is nothing about this.  Maybe it's bad info from Twitter.  I should know better. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, CeChase said:

Edit to add; I haven't seen NAC confirm this yet, and I am not 100% sure it's true.  Now I'm thinking I shouldn't even have posted it because I did a google search and there is nothing about this.  Maybe it's bad info from Twitter.  I should know better. 

Pretty sure I saw it confirmed by one of the dailies (variety, deadline) yesterday. But maybe not? Just checked and he isn’t currently listed in the cast. But he might have just been added. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, CeChase said:

You don't have to handwring about this. Confirmation is rarely immediate, and the sources are good. If Ryan Murphy hires a twink/twunk there is a 85% chance that dude is gonna be plastered all over his next 3-5 productions unless the actor tanks himself or Murphy tires of him quickly. Chavez's career is on the rise, despite my distaste for Murphy's work. It is extremely likely he is in that show and will be in others, and extremely unlikely he is returning to GH any time remotely soon unless he does them a favor for one day or something which I doubt.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

This was posted on the General a hospital Facebook page. Comments appear to be turned off. I don’t really know the full story behind it  just bits mentioned here but no specifics. But to do this, it had to have gotten bad?

IMG_0705.jpeg

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Edited to change since the character is male: Tracy has mentioned Luke a few times and Lucy just mentioned Victor Jerome, so I wonder if Geary or the Victor actor may return. The show tends to pepper episodes with mentions of past characters, right before an old cast member or a re-cast of a character is due to be seen on-screen.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

In recent weeks, Finn, Elizabeth, BLQ and possibly others have all mentioned "Hayden/my sister/Violet's mother." I recall that when GH has peppered episodes with name drops from the past, actors like JJ or SB or a recast of some character were going to be on screen soon. I'm leaning toward Rebecca Budig as returning or a re-cast Hayden.

But Frank said "he".  Honestly I don't trust Frank one bit, and he's definitely a hype man, so whoever it is, prepared to be disappointed. 

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

It took them this long to put out this kind of statement? GH is weak sauce.

What's going on  on Twitter, is such a turnoff for me.  The way GH handles the black cast via writing and who leads stories, the weak and very delayed response to the filth Taby has been subject to since DAY ONE, and who the other actors choose to defend and stay silent about.  Now, a lot of the cast did say something showing support for Taby.  Maura is the only one who blocked the biggest culprit THIS WEEK, because Taby gets a lot of hate.  But the one Taby responded directly to recently.  The official GH account did also block her, and so did Varni.  None of the other cast members have so far as I know, yet.  And then there's other issues involving race that I can't get into I guess, but I'm fuming over it.  And it's about Twitter accounts of certain cast members.  So...I'm just so turned off and disgusted. 

• Like 6

Geary is in Amsterdam and not in good health. I can’t see him flying to LA for this show. I saw a video of him from his recent birthday and he really did not look well at all. 😢

23 minutes ago, CeChase said:

then there's other issues involving race that I can't get into I guess, but I'm fuming over it.  And it's about Twitter accounts of certain cast members

I’ve seen some of it. Not much you can do about someone’s private Twitter page but you would think actors currently employed on a TV show would exhibit some restraint. If only for optics. I mean, they can like who they like and believe what they believe. But if someone posts a racist comment about a cast member, either stay silent or defend the cast member. Don’t LIKE the racist comment!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, CeChase said:

But Frank said "he".   

very delayed response to the filth Taby has been subject to since DAY ONE, and who the other actors choose to defend and stay silent about. 

Yes thanks, I realized that after I saved my post.

I'm not on X/Twitter so I'm not familiar with what she's been subject to. Did SM also go through this, or people didn't/don't like Taby as Trina after SM was in the role? 

Ugh, it's all awful regardless. A dear friend who is Latina went out to dinner with her husband (who is originally from Egypt) to celebrate her birthday. While they were in the restaurant in California, someone/people interrupted them to give them a hard time about their "inter-marriage." 

I'm sad that I keep getting disappointed in humans. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
(edited)
16 hours ago, DanaMB said:

This was posted on the General a hospital Facebook page. Comments appear to be turned off. I don’t really know the full story behind it  just bits mentioned here but no specifics. But to do this, it had to have gotten bad?

IMG_0705.jpeg

Honestly it’s been bad for TA’s entire run as Trina. I recall Sydney getting some racially insensitive comments as well but they’ve been particularly brutal towards TA. I’m glad the show finally acknowledged it and stood up for her because they’ve been ignoring it for 2 years. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

what blows my mind about all this is the person who started all this is either incredibly stupid or thinks the rest of us are. She’s crying because she was blocked by GH and many of the actors, plus Varni and Valentini and now she says it was all just a joke. 

sorry but calling a Black woman a monkey is NOT a joke. It’s racist. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 10
5 hours ago, CeChase said:

Honestly I don't trust Frank one bit, and he's definitely a hype man, so whoever it is, prepared to be disappointed.

I'm fanwanking that it's the Ghost of Spencer visting Trina to tell her it's okay for her to move on.

Also- YAY Alexis is a lawyer again!

• Like 4
6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I recall Sydney getting some racially insensitive comments as well but they’ve been particularly brutal towards TA.

Tabyana had the bulk of the Spencer/Trina material during her run, so I imagine that relationship probably evoked more racist sentiment from viewers than before.

Also, Tabyana is darker skinned than the lighter Sydney, so that would fuel even more hatred.

• Sad 6
7 hours ago, Sake614 said:

sorry but calling a Black woman a monkey is NOT a joke. It’s racist. 

It may be learned behavior that has been "legitimized/normalized" as a joke in the poster's family or community. Something similar happened back in 2016 to now-former FL Michelle Obama. An assistant professor at the Colorado University School of Medicine called her "monkey face" on Facebook and claimed she wasn't a racist. Around the same time, a mayor in W. Virginia called Mrs. Obama an ape in heels. There were other similar comments made by politicians about the Obamas.  It's awful that people think recycling previously used slurs in 2024 is okay, but it's not surprising. 

• Sad 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, Tenshinhan said:

Tabyana had the bulk of the Spencer/Trina material during her run, so I imagine that relationship probably evoked more racist sentiment from viewers than before.

Also, Tabyana is darker skinned than the lighter Sydney, so that would fuel even more hatred.

In addition, between Sydney and Tabyana, Musk bought Twitter, dismantled the moderation group and cut most of the staff to create a cesspool of misogyny and racism, inhabited by paid bots.

If a person wants to send out racist crap, or pay bots to do so, it’s the best platform for it.

(I still have an account because good people I’ve interacted with for years remain and it’s the best way I have to reach Purolator and other companies.)

Edited to correct spelling mistakes.

Edited by Desperado
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

(Sigh) Dom Zamprogna (Dante) has left GH. according to SOD, he taped his last scenes last month. 

ETA as some have pointed out, it was an old article. he is NOT leaving (at least not now)

Edited by Sake614
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 3

Now Errol says there’s another return in the fall and the trolling, threatening to break fingers Bryan Craig is not it. His one off is it. Errol had egg on my face too since I shared the OG article. Sorry, folks. We’ll see… 

The copy editor of that new Dom article should have caught that title and how misleading it is/was. It got me with the text. 

The JPS tweet made me smile… No idea what it refers to, but as a Hollywood legacy with other work he has *some* leeway to throw shade… Ha!

I think Frank’s stubbornness and need for control will be his undoing. He’s not stupid, anything but… Get it together, man. He can stretch pennies and his cast is too good for this nonsense. 

• Like 4
On 6/18/2024 at 9:05 AM, KittenPokerCheater said:

Isn’t Ryan Murphy doing the Melendez Series too?  I guess he’s found a new favorite.

That's great. I'm glad for NAC. Ryan Murphy is wonderful at finding roles for his favorites. Just ask Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Emma Roberts, and Darren Criss. Just don't get on his bad side!

• Useful 1

JJ as Lucky is the big male character return. I kinda figured it was him when I heard that they were waiting to do the announcement via Deadline or People. It had to be someone who had a career outside of soaps. I’m a bit meh on him but the show needs more presence in that age range and Laura not having any family on the show was dumb 

• Like 17
  • Love 3

I'm sincerely happy for his fans and those who wanted this.  If Lucky was coming back, and I thought he might be, I wanted Greg Vaughn.  I'm shallow and I want hot  men on the show, and JJ never did anything for me.  But that's me, and I really am happy for his fans and I hope this return helps the show, because it needs help. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

Excellent news. Unfortunately the show is still a creative mess. But as someone who suspected FV would never bend on bringing back stars he did not create or have a past with, I'm very pleased. It was shameful how Jonathan's last stint went, and it was the opposite of what he wanted yet he still turned in amazing work. And yes, I'm sure it keeps Becky Herbst in play (one thing he's always been adamant about is Lucky/Liz, which he didn't get last time). GV was a nice guy who worked hard, but he was never much of an actor in those days. He's improved a lot since GH but he's still not the same character. When Jonathan came back there was no contest - he made it look like he'd never left. I saw no point in recasting Lucky again after that and I still don't.

I just wish we had Jonathan and Patrick Mulcahey.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

JJ as Lucky is the big male character return. I kinda figured it was him when I heard that they were waiting to do the announcement via Deadline or People. It had to be someone who had a career outside of soaps. I’m a bit meh on him but the show needs more presence in that age range and Laura not having any family on the show was dumb 

I just saw this on my Twitter feed. Cool

• Like 1
  • Love 2