Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E20: Push Comes To Shove

• Start Topic

Jax needs to take a minute to think about the hell he would've faced if he were still with Stassi or Carmen when he stole those glasses. Then he needs to go kiss Brittany's feet without huffing them.

The S1 flashbacks are making me want to re-watch the VanderDOLL Rules videos. Anybody else remember those?

I'm going to throw Lisa Vanderpump into that list too because in the final analysis she's the one who conceptualized this whole nasty business and gets to shove it all in our faces every week.

​And I couldn't love her more for it! (Though nothing's being shoved at me, as my remote is in working order.)

Was anything interesting said on WWHL or the AfterShow?

I can't remember anything in particular, but the theme song being performed on WWHL was pretty awesome.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

So Sandoval's music is so bad, it's entertaining? Nah, not so much. Oh, and fuck you, producers, for making me listen to Schemer's screeching/singing. I figured we wouldn't be subjected to that shit ever again. Still think Sandoval is exceptionally untalented, but I was vaguely fascinated by his clothes. I've never seen the clothes I see on some of the cast of this show anywhere. Uniquely LA? Maybe.

Watch the After Show ONLY to see the jacket Schwartz was wearing. At first, I thought it was absolutely horrible, but then I changed my mind & thought it was kinda interesting-looking. Well, it was certainly unique.

There is nothing to dislike about Brittany. She always seems nice. And yet there's the big question pretty much everyone wants to shake her & scream in her face -- "Hun, why in the fuckety fuck are you with this ape-face loser?" Well, with the 2 of 'em always leaving the bathroom door open, that teeny studio must stink like hell. Ew. If she's OK with that, maybe they deserve each other.

Lala's hair looked like a skunk or cat sitting on her head. Inspired by Trump? And what's going on with Stassi's hair color? On the After Show her hair looked too pale & yellowy. Not sure if it was the lighting there, but that color wasn't flattering her at all. Made her look really hard. Reminds me how Lala always looks so rough, hard & older than her age.

I think Lala wears the wrong kind of makeup. And attitude.

• Love 1

Favorite moments from this episode include:

Sandoval's angy-aggressive face he makes putting on hairspray

The VIP table at the party with Arianna blowing bubbles and Tom fanning himself (As mentioned by Misslindsey)

OMG - In the opening Pump (or Sur?) scene, Tom is wearing lipstick. It became very obvious when the scene would cutaway to the talking head, where his lips were their proper colour. Back to the bar and his lips are pinky-red. Did anyone else catch this? As well, all of Tom's primping doesn't make me think metrosexual, it definitely makes me think he is in gay denial.

How come they don't acknowledge the other guy who performs T.I.P. with Sandoval?

I thought the the fellow introducing the band (can't even remember who did)  intro'd Isaac first, then Tom.

My first thought when I looked at that picture was, "You're turning Violet, Violet!" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. 

Classic! Well said. Don't you find that her face looks very swollen as well, or has she been injecting fillers?

• Love 2

Was anything interesting said on WWHL or the AfterShow? 

The finale was *ok* -- not the best one but not terrible. I'm excited for the reunion though!

I thought the after show was amazing.  Scheana and Lala got in a fight and it was awkward for everyone.  It seems like maybe there was something awesome in the Stassi and Jax segment too, but maybe I was still laughing from Scheana and Lala.  Scheana called Lala out for talking shit about her on Twitter and all kinds of stuff.

My first thought when I looked at that picture was, "You're turning Violet, Violet!" from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. 

Me too because I always say that to my dog since it is her name and she stares at me like I'm a nut in response.  

• Love 2

Another question:

Not sure if this has ever been posted on this forum, but does anyone have any idea what these kids get paid to be on the show?

It's a good question, but one which there has been no recent answer for.  Can we assume none of 'em are making much dough from the show, since none of 'em are exactly living a luxe life?  Jax is stuck in that (presumably) smelly cramped studio -- which looks even more depressingly cramped with Brittany there.  Sandoval is still living in the same dingy apartment he's been in for 10 years.  Katie's & Schwartz's place looks OK at best, kinda average/ordinary, as does Scheana's & Shay's.

Now, Kristen lives in what looks like a nice place -- not incredible, but nice.  And yet she has no job & no discernible means of earning an income -- er, except what she's earning from being on the show.  Same for Stassi.  How did she qualify for that apartment?  She ain't got no job.  Well, um, actually she does.  Now that she's back on the show, the show is her job.  But they're not supposed to say this outright, eh?

I kinda liked dumb-dumb Jax pointing out & putting a big ole spotlight on why Stassi is back.  Surprising as it seems, sometimes old man Ape-face does get it right.  Shockers!  Uh-oh, is Jaxie-poo gonna scream at me, "YOU WANNA GO" for calling him an old man?  Anyhoo, he coulda been worse with Stassi, but I think he held back -- maybe cuz he felt sorry for her.  He coulda said what was really going on with her -- how she figured Patrick was gonna marry her & support her & it didn't work out that way at all.  Poor widdle Stassi.  Is she (as Judge Judy would say) a bum magnet?

• Love 6
Chalby, on 16 Mar 2016 - 01:46 AM, said:Chalby, on 16 Mar 2016 - 01:46 AM, said:

OMG - In the opening Pump (or Sur?) scene, Tom is wearing lipstick. It became very obvious when the scene would cutaway to the talking head, where his lips were their proper colour. Back to the bar and his lips are pinky-red. Did anyone else catch this? As well, all of Tom's primping doesn't make me think metrosexual, it definitely makes me think he is in gay denial.

I wouldn't be shocked to hear that Tom might be bi-curious (and the same goes for most of the cast members too) Or have at least have had one sexual encounter with a man before.  But flat out homosexual? Nah, I don't see it. I mean, he lives in LA.  No need to cover up being gay with 2 serious, long-term girlfriends. 

Besides there's plenty of hetero men who primp and even like to wear makeup--- and plenty of gay men who don't!  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 6

I think that's what I like about Brittany. She seems to have Jax's number and is just playing along to get to wherever she wants to go.

I definitely think Brittany is playing up the Southern shrinking violet persona; homegirl met Jax on Instagram and, after 2 months together, has a prominent spot on a popular cable TV show and got a boob job for free. She knows exactly what she's doing, and I think Stassi recognized that shrewdness when she met her.

I continue to like Lala despite all evidence presented otherwise, but ugh, she made it really hard with her antics in this episode.

I found myself humming "T.I.P." when I was making dinner last night. It's catchy, but so stupid. The performance at SUR was so cringeworthy, though.

• Love 3

I've never found Jax attractive, but when you see the flashbacks, you realize just how bloated and greasy he has become.

I think my fav part of the episode were the Jax/Stassi flashbacks!  Oh nostalgia!  It's hard to even think of the two of them together now.  And as stated above, the decline of Jax is remarkable!

I definitely think Brittany is playing up the Southern shrinking violet persona; homegirl met Jax on Instagram and, after 2 months together, has a prominent spot on a popular cable TV show and got a boob job for free. She knows exactly what she's doing, and I think Stassi recognized that shrewdness when she met her.

Great way to sum it up.  Yes, there's something about her.  She appears all kinds of ditzy, but when pushed, that act seems to drop real quick.  There's definitely more to her.  I just hope her "eye on the prize" is something far beyond Jax!

• Love 4

A season 1 marathon is on right now.  For the most part they all have declined for sure, Jax the most though.  I actually think Kristin looks a lot better now though.  I think the biggest difference in Scheana is that she used to wear less makeup.  It was still a lot, but it was less than now, and she looked a lot better.

Now, Kristen lives in what looks like a nice place -- not incredible, but nice.  And yet she has no job & no discernible means of earning an income -- er, except what she's earning from being on the show.  Same for Stassi.  How did she qualify for that apartment?  She ain't got no job.  Well, um, actually she does.  Now that she's back on the show, the show is her job.  But they're not supposed to say this outright, eh?

Kristin has her t-shirt line and Stassi has her jewelry line.  Duh.  We know that Kristin has sold at least 100 t-shirts, according to her.  

• Love 1

Well, apparently this is the extent of Kristen's t-shirt line, which doesn't even bear her name & we would have no way knowing it is her line -- er, unless there was at least one tee that had CIGARETTE SALLY emblazoned on it.  Strange that she never plugs it on the show or when she's on WWHL or the After Show -- or has she & I missed it?

http://www.shopbenchmark.com/jamesmae/catalog/category/view/s/new-products/id/1179/

Whatever happened to Jax's chunky sweater line?  And didn't he have some fitness vid?  Does Scheana still have some kind of makeup line?  Does Stassi still do a "style" blog & some podcast?  Think Sandoval makes anything as a musician?  Sounds like he's actually paying to be one, rather than earning anything from it.  Pretty pathetic & delusional.

Wow, watched a tiny bit of Jax from season one this morning.  Man, my memory span for this show must seriously be about 2 seconds cuz I had no idea what he looked like back then.  He was actually pretty hot & in really good shape -- OK, sure, in a slimy/sleazy rentboy kinda way (like the ones I suspect Satan Andy regularly uses & flings hundred dollar bills at).  But still, Jax looked pretty good back then, in spite of his nose maybe looking a bit messed up.  It's amazing how his head & body ballooned up in such a short time.

Hey producers, bring back Laura-Leigh & sic Stassi on her again!  It was fun watching that from season one.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

Anyone see Lalas makeup on the reunion? What in the ever loving fuck.... she looks like a blueberry. Or a corpse.

http://m.imgur.com/sSVVVrG?r

Yep...I mentioned it on the previous page. I am just shocked that she made it on stage like that without anyone intervening. Don't they have professional hair/makeup for their reunions on Bravo? I could swear I have seen them sitting in rooms getting hair and makeup done prior to reunions on other Bravo shows. Maybe those are people's "personal stylists" or something and not hired by Bravo. Maybe it looks way worse in whatever lighting they had in there than it did in natural light? Perhaps she came right over from a crime show taping where she played "corpse 2?" Maybe she was trying to look like the clown from American Horror Story: Freak Show? Maybe she DID chew a piece of Willy Wonka's still imperfect meal replacement gum? Who knows. It is disturbing and very distracting though Edited by bblancobrnx
yourmomiseasy, on 16 Mar 2016 - 2:09 PM, said:

A season 1 marathon is on right now.  For the most part they all have declined for sure, Jax the most though.  I actually think Kristin looks a lot better now though.  I think the biggest difference in Scheana is that she used to wear less makeup.  It was still a lot, but it was less than now, and she looked a lot better.

Kristin has her t-shirt line and Stassi has her jewelry line.  Duh.  We know that Kristin has sold at least 100 t-shirts, according to her.  

Totally agree on the decline. Jax is the most noticeable, but Scheanna also looks SO different to me now. 

I used to think she was borderline gorgeous in seasons 1-2(albeit in a trashbox-ish way).  Something about her face seems to have really changed.  I don't know if it's weight loss, or too much botox/lip injections, or it has something to do with those dental surgeries she's had--- or all of the above.  But now it's like the shape of her head/face is almost... reptilian or something.  

Stassi was much more attractive without the bleached hair and blow-up lips.  And Katie looked better without the hair extensions and when she wore her hair just naturally ... loved that wavy/curly 'do she occasionally sported in Season 1!

• Love 2

Well, apparently this is the extent of Kristen's t-shirt line, which doesn't even bear her name & we would have no way knowing it is her line -- er, unless there was at least one tee that had CIGARETTE SALLY emblazoned on it.  Strange that she never plugs it on the show or when she's on WWHL or the After Show -- or has she & I missed it?

http://www.shopbenchmark.com/jamesmae/catalog/category/view/s/new-products/id/1179/

Whatever happened to Jax's chunky sweater line?  And didn't he have some fitness vid?  Does Scheana still have some kind of makeup line?  Does Stassi still do a "style" blog & some podcast?  Think Sandoval makes anything as a musician?  Sounds like he's actually paying to be one, rather than earning anything from it.  Pretty pathetic & delusional.

Okay you can judge me on this, but I actually ordered a sweatshirt from Kristen's line cause I liked the saying on it and I have to tell you it's the comfiest sweatshirt I own. Such good, soft, comfy material. And I follow all the girls on social media and Kristen seems to be selling a lot of t-shirts actually. As for Stassi, on one of her last podcasts she said she is doing very well financially and doesn't need to rely on the show which is why she gets offended that people accuse her for going back for financial reasons. I actually believe her cause even though I don't listen to her podcast all the time, whenever I do, it seems to be taking off and she has a lot of great sponsors, etc.

I don't follow any of the guys cause I have some self-respect, come on ;) but from what I've read Jax and Tom (idk which one) opened up some restaurant and they've been promoting in Vegas and stuff.

And what really gets me about that whole thing was that Vanderpimp was sitting RIGHT THERE and did not say a fucking word! No 'James, that's totally inappropriate, apologise or leave'. 

She clearly has her favorites, even from the beginning of the show and if you're a favorite you get away with a lot. Even James.

Classic! Well said. Don't you find that her face looks very swollen as well, or has she been injecting fillers?

Her makeup is looking worse and worse, she started the season well enough and then just kept sliding downward. I think she has really bad skin, not judging at all, a lot of people do, but she definitely needs to research what makeup she should be using, I'm sure there are better products that could make her look not as awfully awful as she does now. 

• Love 1
I don't follow any of the guys cause I have some self-respect, come on ;) but from what I've read Jax and Tom (idk which one) opened up some restaurant and they've been promoting in Vegas and stuff.

It has to be Sandoval. Because Schwartz had a panic attack just from working in a restaurant. Can you imagine if he opened one of his own???

Also, pretty sure Jax is just interested in hiring hot, young chicks he can try to bang. 

She clearly has her favorites, even from the beginning of the show and if you're a favorite you get away with a lot. Even James.

I don't know that Lisa actually likes James very much. I think she tolerates him to the degree she does because of their relationship with his parents. 

Her makeup is looking worse and worse, she started the season well enough and then just kept sliding downward. I think she has really bad skin, not judging at all, a lot of people do, but she definitely needs to research what makeup she should be using, I'm sure there are better products that could make her look not as awfully awful as she does now. 

Perhaps it's a side-effect of the sandblaster used to remove what she had troweled on earlier?

• Love 1

This didn't feel like a finale episode. But that's because EVERY other season had a cheating mystery storyline in which the suspect just ups and admits in the finale, "yep, I cheated!" Where's the indignation from the season's super sleuth for actually being right while everyone else told her she was crazy all season?! I miss that. This was like an episode of Scooby-Doo in which the ghost really WAS a ghost instead of Farmer/Professor/Doctor/Mr. Jenkins having his disguise ripped off and saying, "And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and your dog!" Instead we get Scooby and Scrappy (Jax and James) barking at each other, and all of their various girlfriends (ex, current, semi friends with varying levels of benefits) come out of there with rabies. Well, that was disappointing.

• Love 5

Makeup is NOT her friend. Her face really doesn't handle a heavy makeup look well. I sympathize, I don't look great in anything much more than a clean and fresh look either. In any case, Lala, step away from the MAC counter.

Okay you can judge me on this, but I actually ordered a sweatshirt from Kristen's line cause I liked the saying on it and I have to tell you it's the comfiest sweatshirt I own. Such good, soft, comfy material. And I follow all the girls on social media and Kristen seems to be selling a lot of t-shirts actually. As for Stassi, on one of her last podcasts she said she is doing very well financially and doesn't need to rely on the show which is why she gets offended that people accuse her for going back for financial reasons. I actually believe her cause even though I don't listen to her podcast all the time, whenever I do, it seems to be taking off and she has a lot of great sponsors, etc.

not judging at all, a lot of people do, but she definitely needs to research what makeup she should be using, I'm sure there are better products that could make her look not as awfully awful as she does now. 

I didn't look at what any of Kristen's t-shirts say.  Maybe I'll go back & look.  Not sure I'm especially interested cuz I figured it was some kind of Kristen babble that would give me a headache to read.  I was surprised to see how few t-shirts are in this line.  

Can Stassi really be making much from her podcast?  I thought nobody makes much from those things.  And is she making anything from her blog?  I heard she's got some sort of gig with Sirius.  Is she making huge dough from that?  Me doubts it.  Stassi has a long history of playing fast & loose with the truth, so it's a mistake to believe everything (or anything) she says.  I think she's still saving face.  She thought she'd be Mrs. Patrick by now & be taken care of.  It didn't happen, so she's gotta come crawling back for some Bravo dough.

Look, Stassi is pretty fuckin' lucky the producers were still after her to come back.  She was a moron for turning away from the show.  I bet they were offering her some decent dough.  Even if it's somewhere between 5 to 10 thou per ep, that's 100 to 200 thou.  Sounds pretty significant to me.  And certainly enough to pay for her $2,300-a-month studio.

I didn't look at what any of Kristen's t-shirts say.  Maybe I'll go back & look.  Not sure I'm especially interested cuz I figured it was some kind of Kristen babble that would give me a headache to read.  I was surprised to see how few t-shirts are in this line.  

Can Stassi really be making much from her podcast?  I thought nobody makes much from those things.  And is she making anything from her blog?  I heard she's got some sort of gig with Sirius.  Is she making huge dough from that?  Me doubts it.  Stassi has a long history of playing fast & loose with the truth, so it's a mistake to believe everything (or anything) she says.  I think she's still saving face.  She thought she'd be Mrs. Patrick by now & be taken care of.  It didn't happen, so she's gotta come crawling back for some Bravo dough.

Look, Stassi is pretty fuckin' lucky the producers were still after her to come back.  She was a moron for turning away from the show.  I bet they were offering her some decent dough.  Even if it's somewhere between 5 to 10 thou per ep, that's 100 to 200 thou.  Sounds pretty significant to me.  And certainly enough to pay for her $2,300-a-month studio.

Stassi said on her last podcast that she had a part in an upcoming movie, too.  She couldn't give any details but she did share that.

Edited by teapot
sharkfan, on 17 Mar 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

"Shut your fucking mouth!" Seriously James? Someone really needs to punch that disrespect for women right out of you.

Who did he say that to? Kristen?  If so... well she likes James and hates Kristen so...  there ya go!

Hope it's ok to post this here :)

On The People's Couch, Rashawn did the funniest impression of Kristin about to give her speech at the engagement party... "I wanna saaaaaay somethinnnnn!" He also says he wouldn't wanna party with them. There's hope yet. ;)

• Love 1

Ah, FI Tom. You remind me of all those really intense college guys who are poets, musicians, etc. and you believe in your talent which by now you should've figured out is pretty non-existent.

"Would you like to come back to my pad and look at my etchings?"

I cannot tell a lie: I like Stassi.

Me too.  She never fails to deliver a put-down that leaves me in stitches.   

And what really gets me about that whole thing was that Vanderpimp was sitting RIGHT THERE and did not say a fucking word! No 'James, that's totally inappropriate, apologise or leave'. 

I was shocked by him declaring how much pot he'd smoked that day right in front of Lisa and Ken.  Amazing.  Of course, production, yada yada yada, but those "kids" actually DO work in the restaurant, and one would think whoever insures SUR would not be terribly happy about that. No, he wasn't working that day.  But, I don't think any intelligent person would believe that he hadn't, in the past, been blazed at work. 

Then again, old nasty Brandi once alluded to Lisa being a bit of a connoisseur herself, so...who knows.

• Love 1

I think stassI has acted in deplorable ways on this show...however that being said, I think her presence does add a LOT of fun to the show (and this is coming from someone who was initially rejoicing at her departure)! I find myself chuckling a LOT of time from her cheeky TH

• Love 3

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize my DVR had the unseen-footage show and holy Jeebus! Usually, I feel like shows like this (Laguna Beach, The Hills, etc., etc.) are super-staged to bring out and showcase "real" drama and to make sure viewers have all the players--a villain, a good guy/girl, a voice of reason, you know? But I think I am now convinced that these people are indeed really these people! 

Also, it seems that all y'all who see the sour in Ariana (I never really do--maybe I just know a lot of people like her and it feels normal enough to me. Also, I don't care), the crew basically confirms it. I always got the idea she might not like being on the show, and they confirm that too. I mean, don't be on it then is the obvious solution...though maybe she needs the dough. 

I still like Stassi though.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2

Also, it seems that all y'all who see the sour in Ariana (I never really do--maybe I just know a lot of people like her and it feels normal enough to me. Also, I don't care), the crew basically confirms it. I always got the idea she might not like being on the show, and they confirm that too. I mean, don't be on it then is the obvious solution...though maybe she needs the dough.

I was just about to say something similar. I personally have found her very sour and pretentious. After seeing the special, though, I don't think it's necessarily her natural state so much as when she's doing something she doesn't like she makes it very clear that she despises everything that's going on and everyone associated with it.

In interviews and on the after show especially she seems much happier.

I held off on listening for almost a year but I checked out Stassi's podcast recently and kinda liked it. She can be really funny.

I've always thought Stassi does have a certain level of charisma that makes her fun to watch. Contrast that with Arianna who's like a charisma black hole. I will admit to being a long time Arianna hater, but I will also admit that her biggest sin isn't actually her actions. It's that it's no fun to watch her do the dumb shit she does. Contrast that with Stassi. It's a ball watching her do dumb shit. It's like an object lesson in the difference between love to hate and just hate.

• Love 4
sharkfan, on 19 Mar 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:sharkfan, on 19 Mar 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

It wasn't Cigarette Sally Kristen, it was another Kristen (another server at SUR?)

Ah yes, I caught the rerun yesterday and saw that it was that Kristen. The non-fired one.

Ehh I hate her too, so I'm not too up in arms about her getting yelled at by Kirby the Elf .  J/K. (mostly)

Edited by Duke2801

Call me crazy, but I kind of get the idea that Stassi is probably considerably more intelligent than her cohorts, which can really make someone act pretty snippy and impatient (haha, I know from experience with my own coworkers!).

• Love 3

Call me crazy, but I kind of get the idea that Stassi is probably considerably more intelligent than her cohorts, which can really make someone act pretty snippy and impatient (haha, I know from experience with my own coworkers!).

Call me crazy, but I can't figure out why everyone thinks Katie is such a good friend. She's really not. She always shifts loyalties depending on who's in front of her at that moment. She's not awful, but she's very easily influenced. By real world standards, Katie is a pretty crappy friend. By Vanderpump Rules standards, I'd say she mediocre. Is the "great friend" label because she's managed not to fuck anyone's boyfriend? Which I get is pretty damn moral for this crowd, but still...

• Love 6

You know, I am a real-deal grownup unlike these people and I do not even think it's unreasonable to curtail a friendship with someone who treats a better friend of mine badly. Obviously, there are varying degrees of "badly"...and "unreasonable"...and even "friendship," but I can think of many hypothetical situations that may have nothing to do with me directly, but in which I'd have to say goodbye to Friend B in order to stay solid with Friend A.

• Love 1

I think I may be going through some sort of neurological episode, because I actually got a little squee when Stassi and Jax looked at each other all fondly and said, "We made this group."

As for the rest of it, it seemed to be pretty par for the course. Schwartz was adorable and represented all of us being tossed into the middle of a bunch of narcissistic, sharky assfaces; Lisa spent the entire episode essentially saying nothing but "oh, dahling," and managing to convey distaste, embarrassment, amusement and horror all at once; Kristen got drunk and acted condescending while having absolutely no right to do either; Lala lived up to her delightfully ratchet reputation (I can't HELP it, I love Lala); James ruined his entire life, again; Stassi looked awesome and had pithy, hilarious things to say in her THs; Jax sort of spent the entire episode going, "Duh, Buttercup."

I think Ariana got a terrible edit this season; but she really does come off as a complete pill. That flat, hipster boredom just does not serve her well in this field of dumb, perky poppies.

• Love 1
Call me crazy, but I can't figure out why everyone thinks Katie is such a good friend. She's really not. She always shifts loyalties depending on who's in front of her at that moment. She's not awful, but she's very easily influenced. By real world standards, Katie is a pretty crappy friend. By Vanderpump Rules standards, I'd say she mediocre. Is the "great friend" label because she's managed not to fuck anyone's boyfriend? Which I get is pretty damn moral for this crowd, but still...

Yea, I like Katie, but I think it's mostly by default. Others have been so much worse, plus I love her boyfriend. Er fiance. But she is absolutely a follower. She was a "good friend" to Stassi because she let her walk all over her and order her around. Now she's doing the same with Scheana. Katie is a classic Gretchen from Mean Girls. She will gravitate towards whoever the HBIC is at the moment. 

• Love 1