Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Not Easy To Love

• Start Topic

It is called a starting gate.  Yolanda and Erika mutually ignorant admiration society.  In human sprint races  is sometime called "blocks" .  I can't think of it being called anything other than starting gates for horses.

The also use 'the chutes' -the areas inside gates and a generic 'the line' for all kinds of racing?

• Love 2

If we aren't one hundred percent sure about a what a starting gate is called, can we reasonably fault Yolanda for being unfamiliar with the word?

Yolanda, No, Erika, Yes, as she said, she and Tom own 2 race horses and she should know basic racing terms. LOL

• Love 2
(edited)

If we aren't one hundred percent sure about a what a starting gate is called, can we reasonably fault Yolanda for being unfamiliar with the word?

I am 100 % sure.  It is called a starting gate.  We were talking about other sports.  Better for Yolanda to not start down a path if you don't have the correct terms to finish the thought. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

How long has Yolanda lived in the U.S. anyway? Half the time she manages to sound like she just landed at Ellis Island.

I think the term that she and Erika were struggling with was starting gate?

Anybody?

And why does she have such trouble with Munchausen's, too?  I think she feigns ignorance to try to throw people off the scent or something.  (And I guess I shouldn't be surprised but I am that a bunch of middle-aged women had never heard of Munchausen's?)

• Love 5

That's what I think. I think Yolanda pretends like she can't pronounce or understand certain words. I don't know if it's supposed to make her sound like a disadvantaged "foreigner" having unfamiliar terms slung at her or that her poor Lyme-infested brain has shorted out in the speech/language area. Whatever it is, it seems calculated to position her at being in a vulnerable position. English is widely-spoken in Europe. I'll give her a pass on Munchausen's, which can be difficult for those whose native tongue is English.

If Erika owns a racehorse and has been to races, she has to have heard the term starting gate. Race callers mention when the horses are loaded in and wait for the bell.

• Love 5

That's what I think. I think Yolanda pretends like she can't pronounce or understand certain words. I don't know if it's supposed to make her sound like a disadvantaged "foreigner" having unfamiliar terms slung at her or that her poor Lyme-infested brain has shorted out in the speech/language area. Whatever it is, it seems calculated to position her at being in a vulnerable position. English is widely-spoken in Europe. I'll give her a pass on Munchausen's, which can be difficult for those whose native tongue is English.

If Erika owns a racehorse and has been to races, she has to have heard the term starting gate. Race callers mention when the horses are loaded in and wait for the bell.

Yolanda's native language is a "Germanic" language as is the word "Munchausen", she mispronounced it on purpose IMO. LOL

• Love 13

I wonder if she would try and feign that she's never heard of anorexia or bulimia, now that Gigi's gone skinny.

Ahh they have that covered she and Bella keep posting photos of plates of food in their proximity.  SO just no way they could have one of those diseases-their hearts are too big and pure.

• Love 8

It's too bad that this discussion about the starting gate wasn't on the Real Housewives of Orange County. Tamara knows all about chutes.

In fact her favorite sox game with Eddie is "Poop Chutes and Ladders."

She has been an expert since she was a kid.

• Love 1

It's too bad that this discussion about the starting gate wasn't on the Real Housewives of Orange County. Tamara knows all about chutes.

Thanks, I am getting over the flu and the "poop chutes" made me cough a lung up - most of it hit the screen.

About the 'horse terminology'?

Doesn't she ride and her kid owned a horse?  If that is the case, you must peripherally know other shit about horses - you run into people who have race horses, horses that are kept as riding horses, jumpers and dressage? Talk about being dense.

• Love 5

Had to chuckle at yoyo's entrance to the restaurant - when kyle and lvp got to her before she sat down. Yo knew she fucked up and began the water works to deflect what ever lvp had to say to her.

• Love 4

Had to chuckle at yoyo's entrance to the restaurant - when kyle and lvp got to her before she sat down. Yo knew she fucked up and began the water works to deflect what ever lvp had to say to her.

And about forgetting the word for starting gate, I am just not ascribing such malicious intent to everything Yolanda does. I think Yo got out of the limo after an uncomfortable ride with David, her ex MyLove, thinking this is probably the last HW thing I will ever film with him, the end of an era in her life, and she put on a "filming face" and was in a "let's do this" mode.  She basically brushed Kyle off, but LVP, who is way more perceptive, could see Yo was unsettled and caught her off guard.

Someone upthread mentioned that Yo's OTT reactions to them talking about the kids reminded them some of Camille while she was going through the Kelsey marital woes, like Yo is transferring her marital angst all into the "no talk about the children" stuff.

• Love 4
(edited)

And about forgetting the word for starting gate, I am just not ascribing such malicious intent to everything Yolanda does. I think Yo got out of the limo after an uncomfortable ride with David, her ex MyLove, thinking this is probably the last HW thing I will ever film with him, the end of an era in her life, and she put on a "filming face" and was in a "let's do this" mode.  She basically brushed Kyle off, but LVP, who is way more perceptive, could see Yo was unsettled and caught her off guard.

Someone upthread mentioned that Yo's OTT reactions to them talking about the kids reminded them some of Camille while she was going through the Kelsey marital woes, like Yo is transferring her marital angst all into the "no talk about the children" stuff.

Yolanda and David were already separated before this season was filmed, they just hadn't announced it to the public.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Plus from all reports, the marriage was nothing but a facade by the time the two were brought on their first season. 

I do think that some of the emotions might be real since Yoolander seems the type that does equate having a man to being a success and how she will either have to go find someone that she can be comfortable not being publicly seen as trading down or desperate or she has to completely re-write her journey to provide a new theme of being a strong powerful woman who does not need a man.  And I can see the likes of Yoolander being in a bit of an emotional funk and even panic at having to wrap her brain around that.  She simply has too many balls already in the air and now she has to craft another fantasy story that makes not only keeps her victimhood going but also makes the bestest again in terms of a relationship with a new man.  Or maybe she is shedding genuine tears over finding herself backed in a corner due to her own twisted narrative.  She can't go out and find someone new because that impinges on the image of her being the noble face of "Chronic Lyme".  How can she stand so valiantly alone in the public's eye if she also gets a man she will have to say is perfect and wonderful etc. etc. etc. 

Maybe she could ditch Daisy and find herself an extremely hot young male nurse.  Then if she does come back some of us can just hit mute for her scenes and yet still have something worth looking at.  Maybe he could give her pool therapy with skimpy tight trunks and nothing else.

• Love 8

Bambi, the notorious counter surfer!

Why does it always seem like rich people are not interested in dog training ?

Agreed, but some dogs are smarter (train easier) than others.  If Bambi was my dog, she'd be outside while there was food on the table, and she'd most certainly get a flank smack and a loud "NO" if I found out she'd taken food.  And THEN she'd be put outside while everyone else was eating inside - I would never tolerate a sneaky food snagger.

• Love 3

I am still trying to decide who is the most polarizing in this group of women.  Listening and watching Yolanda, Eileen and Erika they are definitely polarizing.  I have never figured out what Yolanda's reasoning is, how much more attention does she want or need? Erika seems rather desperate to attempt to take the reins at this point,  her dislike of LVP stems from the fact LVP confronted her about Erika's comments about her being manipulative?  Eileen has just done fallen on her head and is like a  broken record over her displeasure with LVP. 

The other thing that leaves me scratching my head is what Eileen wants from LVP. She wants to have an other conversation about a subject matter she does not want brought up.  I guess if Eileen wants a conversation about the meat of the matter, she needs to lead with the topic and what she expects from LVP, instead of falling all over herself with apologies and stupid terms like resolution and unfinished.   Does she want LVP to apologize to her son, husband, his ex-wife and step-sons?  I can't figure what more needs to be said about the topic Eileen did not want brought up.

• Love 4

I am still trying to decide who is the most polarizing in this group of women.  Listening and watching Yolanda, Eileen and Erika they are definitely polarizing.  I have never figured out what Yolanda's reasoning is, how much more attention does she want or need? Erika seems rather desperate to attempt to take the reins at this point,  her dislike of LVP stems from the fact LVP confronted her about Erika's comments about her being manipulative?  Eileen has just done fallen on her head and is like a  broken record over her displeasure with LVP. 

The other thing that leaves me scratching my head is what Eileen wants from LVP. She wants to have an other conversation about a subject matter she does not want brought up.  I guess if Eileen wants a conversation about the meat of the matter, she needs to lead with the topic and what she expects from LVP, instead of falling all over herself with apologies and stupid terms like resolution and unfinished.   Does she want LVP to apologize to her son, husband, his ex-wife and step-sons?  I can't figure what more needs to be said about the topic Eileen did not want brought up.

IMO, Yolanda and Erika think they can sway the others to topple Lisa and Kyle as top HWs on this show. I do think Lisa is the MAIN target but I also suspect they are going to try to get Kyle as well or at the very least, try to destroy the friendship between Lisa/Kyle for good, Kyle can not be a top HW without Lisa to playoff of IMO.

Yolanda is DESPERATE to be THE top HW because she now realizes she will never get the spin off with Bravo she so wants/craves so she wants to make THIS show HER show. I also believe that Yolanda is in part doing this as payback to Lisa/Kyle for Brandi getting the full time HW heave ho, even though Andy said that NONE of the returning HWs wanted to film with Brandi and that WOULD include Yolanda as part of that group refusing as well.

Erika is following along, FOR NOW, but will never settle for second place and if their plans work, she will eventually take on Yolanda herself.

Poor Eileen, has a true "girl crush" on Erika and sees Yolanda as her dead sister that she CAN help AND, she needs the paycheck.

LisaR will go whichever way the wind blows, at least whichever way Eileen says the wind is blowing! LOL

JMOs though. LOL

• Love 9

IMO, Yolanda and Erika think they can sway the others to topple Lisa and Kyle as top HWs on this show. I do think Lisa is the MAIN target but I also suspect they are going to try to get Kyle as well or at the very least, try to destroy the friendship between Lisa/Kyle for good, Kyle can not be a top HW without Lisa to playoff of IMO.

Yolanda is DESPERATE to be THE top HW because she now realizes she will never get the spin off with Bravo she so wants/craves so she wants to make THIS show HER show. I also believe that Yolanda is in part doing this as payback to Lisa/Kyle for Brandi getting the full time HW heave ho, even though Andy said that NONE of the returning HWs wanted to film with Brandi and that WOULD include Yolanda as part of that group refusing as well.

Erika is following along, FOR NOW, but will never settle for second place and if their plans work, she will eventually take on Yolanda herself.

Poor Eileen, has a true "girl crush" on Erika and sees Yolanda as her dead sister that she CAN help AND, she needs the paycheck.

LisaR will go whichever way the wind blows, at least whichever way Eileen says the wind is blowing! LOL

JMOs though. LOL

Yolanda and her family will never get a spin-off because there is nothing remotely interesting about Yolanda and her off spring.  They are so incredibly fake with all their "family love".  If she thinks she can sell a sanitized version of the Kardashians she is wrong.  I also think Yolanda eschewing make up, plastic surgery, and basic grooming has kind of doomed her for a future on the screen. 

The new mini Scream Team is just odd.  They all readily admit that LVP is entertaining.  When LVP is not entertaining is when she is being picked at because she simply just leaves.  The friendship between Kyle and LVP should not be of any importance to any of them anymore than the friendship between Eileen and Lisar.

• Love 3

Yolanda and her family will never get a spin-off because there is nothing remotely interesting about Yolanda and her off spring.  They are so incredibly fake with all their "family love".  If she thinks she can sell a sanitized version of the Kardashians she is wrong.  I also think Yolanda eschewing make up, plastic surgery, and basic grooming has kind of doomed her for a future on the screen. 

The new mini Scream Team is just odd.  They all readily admit that LVP is entertaining.  When LVP is not entertaining is when she is being picked at because she simply just leaves.  The friendship between Kyle and LVP should not be of any importance to any of them anymore than the friendship between Eileen and Lisar.

Lvp tries too hard to be the  "Iron Maiden" with the bawdy sense of humor and quick wit - you are correct that she doesn't have thick skin.

She sometimes comes of as the mean girl who leads the group in talking about everyone else, but doesn't have a sense of humor when it comes to her backstory.

She loves to talk, but when she gets called on shit, she passes it off with a throw away line.

Or turns it around by telling the person that she was kidding or telling them that THEY don't have a sense of humor.

I fucking hate VanderChump Fools.

Unless they was sleeping with the boss? She really doesn't have much to say about what people do in their off hours, I find the premise of her calling meetings to counsel the simps that work for her, about their behavior during the off hours, to be more comedy than 'reality TV'.

• Love 5

Really LVP is the most polarizing if you think about it.  Each season she seems to be the target of someone, especially her bestie Kyle who always seems to stir the pot and hide her hand. Camille, Adrienne, Taylor, Brandi, Yo, Erika, Eileen, Kim, Kyle and now Rinna all complain about her being sly, manipulative, insulting. Yet they all want to be her pet. Several have said that she gets them to do her bidding mysteriously without actually asking them to do its.  She a wizard.  And yet, if you hear her tell it, all she really does is sit on a flower bedecked swing and pet her lapdogs, including Ken.

• Love 2

I don't see LVP as having thin skin at all.  She remains above the fray.  She avoids criticism and conflict with a wave of her hand dismissing it all as silliness and beneath her.  I like her!   I cannot imagine what this show would be without her.  No one else is that interesting.  And I like Ken and his truth cannon. 

The cast, aside from Kyle, are not her friends nor will they ever be.  She keeps them at arms length.  She and Ken have their own circle of friends where she behaves differently.  

• Love 9

Really LVP is the most polarizing if you think about it.  Each season she seems to be the target of someone, especially her bestie Kyle who always seems to stir the pot and hide her hand. Camille, Adrienne, Taylor, Brandi, Yo, Erika, Eileen, Kim, Kyle and now Rinna all complain about her being sly, manipulative, insulting. Yet they all want to be her pet. Several have said that she gets them to do her bidding mysteriously without actually asking them to do its.  She a wizard.  And yet, if you hear her tell it, all she really does is sit on a flower bedecked swing and pet her lapdogs, including Ken.

I would agree that LVP is the  most polarizing, but an argument could be made for Kyle as well.   I always think of a polarizing person as someone who tends to divide people into two very vocal camps - you love them or you hate them. There isn't a lot of room for the "meh" type of people. I wouldn't even say that Yo is polarizing because she does have people who support her, but more and more she tends to drive people to question her. I don't hear a lot of people passionately defending her, or getting extremely upset when others do. The tide has in large part turned against her. The rest of them don't seem to register that much with the love/hate type of deal. They have people that love them, people that hate them, but for the most part lots of people don't really seem to care that much about them. People could change their opinions of the others in a heartbeat. Last year most everyone loved Eileen, and now she is getting a second look. Should she go hard to support LVP, many would love her again. Same with Lisar. She is getting a lot of heat right now, but should she end up supporting LVP in a big way (I think she will by the end), people won't hate her anymore. People love/hate them based almost solely on how they treat the others, mainly LVP. I don't see things that way for either LVP or Kyle. LVP could probably shoot someone on Hollywood Blvd (thanks Donald Trump) and she would still be passionately defended by most, and the rest would say "I figured she had it in her". The same for Kyle. 

• Love 2

I am unable to can.

I can't.

• Love 1

I am just now getting around to watching my recording.... I want to propose a drinking game that we all take a drink every time Eileen says "unresolved issues." My God, let it gooooooo!!!!

Ericka is the biggest shit-stirrer since Brandi... and no, you don't own anything, if you get mad at Kathryn because Kathryn said anything she says she would say to someone's face.

Yolanda, it's a starting gate. If you don't know what that is, find another contraption to be stuck in. One that you do know the name.

I'd pay to see them all get into a big knock-down, drag out, hair-pulling fight. Seriously, duke it out and move on.

• Love 3

I would agree that LVP is the  most polarizing, but an argument could be made for Kyle as well.   I always think of a polarizing person as someone who tends to divide people into two very vocal camps - you love them or you hate them. There isn't a lot of room for the "meh" type of people. I wouldn't even say that Yo is polarizing because she does have people who support her, but more and more she tends to drive people to question her. I don't hear a lot of people passionately defending her, or getting extremely upset when others do. The tide has in large part turned against her. The rest of them don't seem to register that much with the love/hate type of deal. They have people that love them, people that hate them, but for the most part lots of people don't really seem to care that much about them. People could change their opinions of the others in a heartbeat. Last year most everyone loved Eileen, and now she is getting a second look. Should she go hard to support LVP, many would love her again. Same with Lisar. She is getting a lot of heat right now, but should she end up supporting LVP in a big way (I think she will by the end), people won't hate her anymore. People love/hate them based almost solely on how they treat the others, mainly LVP. I don't see things that way for either LVP or Kyle. LVP could probably shoot someone on Hollywood Blvd (thanks Donald Trump) and she would still be passionately defended by most, and the rest would say "I figured she had it in her". The same for Kyle. 

I really thought you were going to say Kyle because Kyle has been trying to oust LVP forever and never can do it. She's haplessly ham-handed.

• Love 2

I think the most polarizing RHOBH has got to Brandi followed by Kim Richards, Taylor, Yolanda and maybe LVP.  As much as LVP claims she was alone Season 4 she had Joyce, Carlton and even Kyle.  Kyle had pretty much forgiven her by the time they hit Puerto Rico and there was much to forgive.  Brandi on the other hand has been despised by everyone but Yolanda oh and Carlton. 

• Love 2

Yolanda's native language is a "Germanic" language as is the word "Munchausen", she mispronounced it on purpose IMO. LOL

Yes because she was trying to belittle the concepts and disorder. The odd thing is when she does these "vat ez Hausen Munchie?" It sounds like Verlan.

• Love 5
(edited)

Whether it's starting gate, or chutes or stalls…in the context that Yolanda was speaking if she or Erika had been able to come of with either one of those options, I'm sure they would have been fine and the point conveyed.

We all draw a blank on a word at times. I was surprised Erika drew a blank. But sometimes it happens that neither person can recall the word.

Kathryn was a bitch about ratting out Erika to Lisa VP. Is she for real? If you don't what something repeated don't say it. Some people would feel bad about throwing another person under a bus. But not Kathryn. But it's good lesson to learn how a person is early on. I hope it is Kathryn that Tom kicks out of the house. Bitch!

I THINK I MIGHT have a crush on Harry Hamlin.

And it seems that Erika Jayne is a mighty lucky woman as well. 

Ken you can keep.

I'd love to know more about David Foster. I used to think he could be "difficult" but I could see him as still loving. He really seemed to love Yolanda, and I'm sure he did. But I have to admit multiple marriages does make me wary of his personality. Once you get past two marriages…SOMETHING must be up with the person's personality. I know it takes two to break up, but…well let's just say, as for personality and chemistry, he doesn't seem as easy to live with as Harry or Tim.

I have to stop being so superficial. All I could think when I saw Mohamed was 1) how the hell did he get Yolanda…..and the man has toothpicks for legs -- and NO butt. I actually imagined him with no clothes on. Ugh! But money can sure help a person see past looks, can't it?

Edited by selhars
  • Love 4

Well , yoyo dated Julio Iglesias so momo was an upgrade.

Momo was hot. Once upon a time.

He was in the Olympics as a skier, so those legs probably had muscles on them at one time.  But I think $$ makes up for any body issues most of the time.

• Love 2

Yes because she was trying to belittle the concepts and disorder. The odd thing is when she does these "vat ez Hausen Munchie?" It sounds like Verlan.

I learned a new word.  Thanks.  

(edited)

Camille, Adrienne, Taylor, Brandi, Yo, Erika, Eileen, Kim, Kyle and now Rinna all complain about her being sly, manipulative, insulting. Yet they all want to be her pet. 

Nailed it. And it's not just the RHOBH--it's the VPR kids as well (I say "kids", they are my age, but whatever). They all say it pays to be Lisa's favorite pet. Every franchise makes the "mean girl" analogy, but this right here is what makes a Queen Bee: when the only thing people hate more than you is that they can't actually be you and settle for being a minion to avoid ridicule and acquire popularity vicariously. I don't think LVP explicitly tells someone to say something else so she doesn't have to. And there are moments when she really hates someone (Brandi, Faye) when she lets her feelings really show. 

Where I think the manipulation is the most apparent is during moments like the dinner with Eileen, or when she spoke about Mauricio's alleged affair in front of Portia, and I can't believe I'm saying this because I made so much fun of Adrienne's reaction at the time, but the Maloof Hoof comment. Lisa knows the word "affair" is inflammatory and that the average person doesn't associate it with "love affair". She knew filming that moment with Kyle would get people googling Mauricio's fidelity (I felt the conversation she had with Ken about never really knowing people was planned as well but YMMV), and this was when she was still holding a grudge against Kyle for saying she holds grudges and not backing her up at the reunion. And she knew that Adrienne would be upset at dismissive language that cheapens what she wanted to market as a high end brand (however ill-conceived a plan it was). She sits back and says things are jokes, or that she actually meant the opposite of what the person is suggesting she meant, or that she only brought something up so people would know it's SO silly that they wouldn't even BOTHER to bring it up. If you press her at all, you get "Well, I guess I can't do anything right," or "Oh, Kyle, I can't, I can't" as she dramatically drops to a chair.

Remember Taylor's "if you can't be my friend, please don't be my enemy" speech? Taylor's subsequent storm-off and teary moment with Paul Nassif that turned into a plastic surgery consultation was IMO a huge insight to that dynamic because Taylor said they had discussed LVP and implied there was some sort of plan to call her out at the tea, but Taylor was the only one who addressed anything. Pure speculation on my part, but I'll always think something happened with the infamous tabloids at Brandi's house. Maybe it was an innocent insignificant throw away comment like "Make sure to pack that copy of US Weekly for Kyle." Brandi gets things wrong and/or blows them out of proportion, but they're generally based on a modicum of truth.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5

^^

Yes, she is like a madam with her favorite working girl.

Nevertheless, she brings it....

And her seriously ridiculous and outlandish story lines entertain....

Her facade also cracked while in Saint Tropez visiting her former friend who is now her daughter in law.

It would be fun to see them again.,,,

It sucks to be on her bad side, she can be ruthless, but I am here for all of it!

• Love 4
(edited)

Agreed, but some dogs are smarter (train easier) than others.  If Bambi was my dog, she'd be outside while there was food on the table, and she'd most certainly get a flank smack and a loud "NO" if I found out she'd taken food.  And THEN she'd be put outside while everyone else was eating inside - I would never tolerate a sneaky food snagger.

I am not singling you out personally.  Many people think it is okay and even good to smack a dog when they are being "bad."  They are just being dogs.  I am taking this opportunity to speak to everyone.  I work with abused dogs in a rescue operation.  Please, everyone hear me.  Never hit an animal.  Ever.  It does not teach them anything.  It creates fear.  Dogs want to please you.  Praise them for good deeds and a sharp  AAHH is a noise to use rather than no because it sounds more like a bark.  Dogs learn easily when you take the time and always be loving and kind to them.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 16
(edited)

Remember Taylor's "if you can't be my friend, please don't be my enemy" speech? Taylor's subsequent storm-off and teary moment with Paul Nassif that turned into a plastic surgery consultation was IMO a huge insight to that dynamic because Taylor said they had discussed LVP and implied there was some sort of plan to call her out at the tea, but Taylor was the only one who addressed anything. Pure speculation on my part, but I'll always think something happened with the infamous tabloids at Brandi's house. Maybe it was an innocent insignificant throw away comment like "Make sure to pack that copy of US Weekly for Kyle." Brandi gets things wrong and/or blows them out of proportion, but they're generally based on a modicum of truth.

I used to think that maybe Lisa made some offhand remark about the tabloids and that Brandi was twisting it into something more than what it was. But now, I believe Brandi made it up out of whole cloth for several reasons. 1. Yolanda and Carlton were both there and denied witnessing any such thing. 2. There was a camera crew present if it had actually happened as Brandi said, SOMETHING would have been caught either on film or on mic and there is no way it would have stayed buried this long. Especially since Brandi has been unemployed and missing the Housewives, she would have called out Andy/the producers by now about that having been caught on film, if there were any truth to it. 

The biggest thing for me was that Yolanda didn't back her on that. Since she was the one orchestrating the take down of Lisa V. in PR, she would have had Brandi's back on it if she had witnessed it. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6
(edited)

I tried to watch Vanderpump Rules, but Lisa exclusively hires horrible people, and she comes off as exploitative. James is a sociopath, Tom Sandoval is always pissy because he (rightly) thinks people treat him like the idiot he is, Scheana's voice is the most annoying nasal head voice, Jax just got like his 2nd or 3rd nose job, and he chose the size of the fake tits his rube Kentuckian girlfriend got. And he shits with the door open. That's like 5 people out of a cast of 20:

IMG_4764%2B%25281%2529.jpg

There used to be even more

vanderpump-rules-cast.png?w=1194

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 1

Lol! I've never watched Vanderpump Rules, but I think it's popular? I've no doubt Lisa hires them specifically for their trash factor for the show.

this show is wonderfully inane.

The perfect answer to insomnia.

Nothing changes, nothing happens.

Just trashy.

• Love 3

I used to think that maybe Lisa made some offhand remark about the tabloids and that Brandi was twisting it into something more than what it was. But now, I believe Brandi made it up out of whole cloth for several reasons. 1. Yolanda and Carlton were both there and denied witnessing any such thing. 2. There was a camera crew present if it had actually happened as Brandi said, SOMETHING would have been caught either on film or on mic and there is no way it would have stayed buried this long. Especially since Brandi has been unemployed and missing the Housewives, she would have called out Andy/the producers by now about that having been caught on film, if there were any truth to it. 

The biggest thing for me was that Yolanda didn't back her on that. Since she was the one orchestrating the take down of Lisa V. in PR, she would have had Brandi's back on it if she had witnessed it. 

I think it was a grey area somewhere in between. LVP made a joke about taking the tabloids, but it probably wasn't as sinister as Brandi made it seem. The fact that there was a camera crew there means nothing. No one ever said they were filming, but the crew was there because they would be filming. The fact that Carlton and Yo didn't hear her say it doesn't mean she didn't.

With regard to LVP being maniupulative, we saw it in all it's glory later on, and it convinced me that there was some truth to the tabloid story. On the beach when Brandi told Kyle the story, Kyle was in tears. She was so hurt and so mad. Mauricio was cursing and walked away. Brandi has just dropped this huge bombshell, yet who did LVP decide to comfort a couple of hours later at dinner? At dinner she walked over to Brandi, put her arms around her and reminded her that she loved her. Reminded her that she would never ever hurt her. She didn't say this to Kyle; she was mad that Kyle would believe such a story and had zero words of love to offer her. Apparently questioning something like this was worse than making the accusation to begin with. Her love was to be given to the person who had just brought this shitstorm down on her head. It was so deliberate, and so calculating. In that minute I think she was truly afraid of what else Brandi might say, how dangerous she was. And then of course there were the ridiculous denials at dinner, but still no harsh words for Brandi, only for Kyle and Yo. She is good. 

Then of course we had the reunion. LVP never even broached the tabloids in the suitcase comment when listing the reasons that Brandi had hurt her, and surely that accusation would be the most horrendous. Her big beef was about Brandi saying she had filed bankruptcy. She said that over and over again, but nothing about making up the stories about the tabloids. When S5 began, and again at last years reunion when she reminded Brandi of why she could never forgive her, again this issue was never mentioned. She talked about Brandi slapping her, brought up the bankrupt deal again from a year ago, but nothing about lying about tabloids in a suitcase. So strange to me that Brandi could ever say or do anything as bad as making something like this up, and we know that LVP never forgets a slight. 

I think this is where Brandi lost her power. I believe that LVP fessed up to Kyle. Told her what had happened, told her she was sorry, and they moved on. It's one of the reasons Brandi doesn't think they have a real friendship, why she says they don't like each other but are playing the role they think they need to on the show. Once Kyle didn't make a big deal out of it, there was no big deal to be made. 

• Love 3

Thank god I married my 'rube Kentuckian girlfriend - that makes her my Rube Kentuckian Wife?

She came with two ready-to-go breasts!

I have to stand up for my adopted home, There are some stupid people out there - they tend to wander all over the planet

• Love 3

I really hated the condescending way Yolanda said "Wasn't he so cute?" about Andrea Bocelli. She said it twice at the picnic with the Eileen and Erica. Would she use that term if he were a sighted person?

• Love 4

I really hated the condescending way Yolanda said "Wasn't he so cute?" about Andrea Bocelli. She said it twice at the picnic with the Eileen and Erica. Would she use that term if he were a sighted person?

I think it's Yolanda's stupid way of making 'herself' sound cute. She's done that before, though I can't remember who she was talking about. She puts on a cutsey act with her baby voice too- that whole "can you sing just one little song?" Ugh- grates! She's done that before with other artists, including King David.

• Love 3