Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Not Easy To Love

• Start Topic

Harry reportedly did not want Lisa to do the show so I would definitely say he is not into the show and couldn't give two shits about it, other than it helps Lisa to earn a paycheck.

Eh, between their appearance on WWHL and his comments last night I think he's pretty cool with her being on the show.  Maybe he thinks it's fun to wind her up and watch her go, maybe it's a nice diversion to keep her occupied while he, y'know, works and does whatever it is Kim was alluding to last season.  Gotta focus all that energy she's got, direct outward, right?

So Vanderpump gets annoyed when the others say they're stupider and weaker than she is, while Yolanda gets peeved when people say she looks good or suggest that her kids seem healthy.  Beverly Hills is a strange place, y'all.  I think I'll stay BH-adjacent.

• Love 8
(edited)

We love our pets, they may not be toney

We do not bother with swans and with pony

Life is exquisite, life in the Hills

We in the flatlands, have our own thrills

It's not just at parties we eat off of plates

We'll eat it first, because you are late

You put it down, then before you look away

You mumble something, what did you say?

"Don't eat my food", or something like that

I don't speak human, Go talk to the cat

Off of your good china, your very best set

You do go all out, to pamper your pet

A potato? it's starch, next time some meat?

A pork chop, a steak! now that can't be beat

One thing you notice about our great species.

can't hold a knife, to cut off small pieces

It might sound silly or even dumb

We don't have digits, the opposing thumb

So protect your food - if you are able

and never turn your back on the table.

*written as it comes to me, pardon the spelling, grammar and usage.

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 17

It was distracting to have that blond haired untamed animal wandering around the grounds. Getting into trouble. Dropping poop everywhere. Doing whatever she wants.

Maybe Mohamed can get Kyle a little house for Kim to live in the backyard. 

• Love 11

I'm pretty sure their dinner consisted of Idaho potatoes, baked with sour cream and stuff on top. The potato Bambi picked up was a Yukon, much smaller and plain boiled. Someone upthread mentioned it was a staged gag and I'm inclined to believe that since a camera crew captured the whole thing. And it makes no sense to me that anyone would put a single potato on a plate for dinner when the rest of the plates are in the kitchen, loaded with food. 

And now I'm debating potatoes, that's how boring this episode was.

Even if it was staged full style points to Bambi for retrieving the potato from a fully set table, cloth, silverware, glasses, plate etc. without disturbing a thing.  Clever girl.

• Love 20
(edited)

Eh, between their appearance on WWHL and his comments last night I think he's pretty cool with her being on the show.  Maybe he thinks it's fun to wind her up and watch her go, maybe it's a nice diversion to keep her occupied while he, y'know, works and does whatever it is Kim was alluding to last season.  Gotta focus all that energy she's got, direct outward, right?

So Vanderpump gets annoyed when the others say they're stupider and weaker than she is, while Yolanda gets peeved when people say she looks good or suggest that her kids seem healthy.  Beverly Hills is a strange place, y'all.  I think I'll stay BH-adjacent.

Well I get the annoyance on the part of Vanderpump.  If people around her realize she is playing a bit harder they might try and wise up.   Its easier to play with sheep than it is with wolves.  Or in this group's case coyotes.  Though Vanderpump in the grand scheme of things doesn't strike me as being that brilliant so much as grouped with a bunch of people who aren't allowed out of the driveway without a safety helmet on.  And that includes her own family.

As for YoYo?  Well the old saying goes "who the gods wish to drive crazy, gets granted his every want".  I think the women who know exactly what is up with Lemon with Lyme should give her what she wants.  Until she chokes on it.  Doesn't like to be told she looks beautiful.  Well that can be fixed.   Every time these women see her they should exclaim in over the top horror.  "How dreadful you look!  If you feel half as bad as the piece of shit some dog dragged its ass over a carpet and left behind that you look, you must be feeling horrible.  Oh Yolanda, your hair, I do hope someday they can fix that.  You poor dear.  All that pain you are going through and written so nobly all over your face.  I almost did not recognize you.  You must go home.  See a doctor.  No I insist, we'll simply cancel your seat/ticket/place. Don't worry, take care of yourself,  We'll be fine filming without you.  I simply could not in good conscience make you stay. We'll miss you terribly but compared to making you suffer even more than what you so clearly have since I last saw you?  I won't hear of it.  We'll muddle through without you.    Now go home.  Here's your car.  And don't get out of bed until you are completely better.  I simply refuse to let you put yourself through this again at my doing.  You let me know when you are completely well and we'll do lunch.  until then  Ta-ta."  

Edited by tenativelyyours
  • Love 24

Kyle and the dog pissed me off. I must be the only one who didn't think the dog stealing food was cute. The dog is cute, the food stealing isn't.

If she knows she has a dog that steals food, a responsible pet owner would make sure that food is put of the dog's reach. The dog could eat something that could kill it. Sorry but I don't think that's cute at all.

My rescue dog is a major food stealer. They told me that at the reacue so I make extra efforts to make sure that she never gets the chance to steal food. It's not hard at all to keep human food out of a dog's reach.

It's dangerous and I think her allowing it to keep happening makes her a bad pet owner.

• Love 5
(edited)

I left the room when Kim arrived

Don't go there show. I am so over Kim and I can tolerate Kyle when she isn't whining about/to/with Kimmie.

I am also over Yolanda and her illness, real or imagined (don't care which) but Yo is getting exactly what she wants. Attention and a story line. Not sure who I dislike more, Erica or Kathryn. I think I may have just reached housewives burn out.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 8

Ode to Bambi

Bambi you dog, you stole the show

But your fans, they want to know

What do you eat when you nibble

Is it potatoes or is it kibble?

Do you want starch or favor meat

When you climb on the dining room seat

Without a napkin, knife or a fork

Go for the chicken, beef or the pork

Say your prayers first, you are a good dog

don't you go eat and act like a hog

The fans really love you, to us you're a biggy

Not like that little bald fucker, giggy.

This is the number one best thing to come out of this season of RHOB.

• Love 3

Kyle and the dog pissed me off. I must be the only one who didn't think the dog stealing food was cute. The dog is cute, the food stealing isn't.

If she knows she has a dog that steals food, a responsible pet owner would make sure that food is put of the dog's reach. The dog could eat something that could kill it. Sorry but I don't think that's cute at all.

My rescue dog is a major food stealer. They told me that at the reacue so I make extra efforts to make sure that she never gets the chance to steal food. It's not hard at all to keep human food out of a dog's reach.

It's dangerous and I think her allowing it to keep happening makes her a bad pet owner.

I agree, but it was still the most interesting thing to happen on this show in ages.

• Love 2

Every example of Lisa's manipulating that the HWs have given has been dumber than a box of Teresa Giudice's forehead hair. Stop embarrassing yourselves, ladies. The horse is dead, and has been taken to the Elmer's factory.

As if telling LisaR that if she has concerns about Yolanda having Munchausen Syndrome she should just "express it" is some form of manipulation.

Rinna must've forgotten about the scene she shot with Lisa and Kyle, where she told them about the M.S. incident, and how she was going to talk to Yolanda about it because she was so eaten up with guilt. Just more shit that doesn't flush.

Does Kim know about the tv show that's being based on Kyle's childhood? It's weird that it hasn't been mentioned again.

Did the ponies ever get named?

• Love 10
(edited)

^^^

ElDos, thanks for all the DOGgerel.  Woof!

My bark is worse than my bite?

------

re the dog and food theft?

I only saw the clip - I didn't see it in context, meaning I didn't see the owners reaction?

Everyone has a dog/food story? My sis had a shepherd that ate a canned ham - stole it off the table and then proceeded to throw it up -

behind the Christmas tree. Funny all these years later, but a tragedy at that time.

IF it was a set up, I can see how the producers could have done it for comic relief.

But, a dog that does that is a danger to itself. I love my animals but stop at having them 'serve themselves' or sitting at the table.

Dogs shouldn't be fed people food -but sometimes we can't help it.

There are all kinds of foods that can kill a dog if they are ingested. Onions and grapes are just two.

Pets are part of our families - so please treat them kindly and be aware of what they play with and eat?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 7

A bad pet owner? Yikes! Sounds like she is in good company because many of us have similar stories to tell. One of my favorite things about Kyle is how she is with her pets. They seem loved, cherished, and treated like treasured members of the family.

• Love 23
(edited)

A bad pet owner? Yikes! Sounds like she is in good company because many of us have similar stories to tell. One of my favorite things about Kyle is how she is with her pets. They seem loved, cherished, and treated like treasured members of the family.

If it happens once, that's understandable, that's how most people become aware that their dog steals food in the first place. What I actually said was that if Kyle allows it to keep happening then yes, that's a bad pet owner to me.

From what was said it sounds like the dog is constantly stealing food and she lets it happen. That could be very dangerous because the dog may eat something that could kill it.

I've worked in the "dog field" so to speak and have volunteered with animals for over 30 years. I can't tell you how many dogs I've seen suffer and die because the owners didn't put human food out of their reach.

I stand by what I said. If it happens once and no precautions are taken to prevent it from happening again which seems to be the case, I think that's bad pet parenting.

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 2

Even if it was staged full style points to Bambi for retrieving the potato from a fully set table, cloth, silverware, glasses, plate etc. without disturbing a thing.  Clever girl.

Very true! Bambi is a neater eater than I am. Every time I watch that clip I'm impressed she didn't even tug a bit at the tablecloth. My mom will tell you I ruined many tablecloths as a child...and even some later in life 

Did the ponies ever get named?

Another very important question! Can we please make this a priority in the next episode?

• Love 9

I'll admit my memory is pretty bad, but that's not how I recall it at all. I remember Carlton trying super-de-duper hard to make herself look weird and edgy to the girls and then flipping her shit if Kyle asked any questions about her supposed beliefs. Sure, Kyle isn't perfect and there may have been a catty comment or two thrown in. But I remember her saving most of those for THs (as they all do) and actually trying to just get to know Carlton when they were interacting face to face. I'm of the opinion that Carlton definitely came onto the show ready to find fault with anything and everything Kyle did. 

I remember this as well. But, I do recall Carlton being especially sensitive when it came to interacting with Kyle. She seemed standoffish with Kyle early on. But, the beginning that I remember where Carlton made it clear she was on a mission for Kyle happened when Kyle had invited Joyce, Carlton, and some non-housewives to her house. Carlton and Kyle were in the kitchen and Carlton was telling some randomly snooze inducing story about a cat killing a bird on her property and Kyle interrupted her to say something about getting the wine for the meal, and the look Carlton gave was a total "you just ,made an enemy for life" look. There was also the bee thing at the same lunch. I remember thinking that Carlton came on disliking Kyle but left that interaction hating her.

• Love 14

I too love that Kyle can reach right into Bambi's mouth - I know some think Bambi isn't well trained, but someone trained her well enough not to snap at her owner when she reached into her mouth.  I know Golden's you can't do this with

(Apologies if this has been brought up-two pages behind.)

Am I seeing this correctly?   Kyle walk's into the dining room, both hands holding filled dishes for the table. She put the dish in right hand down, and goes for the potato, still holding the two filled small dishes in her left hand. 

I had a rescue Golden/Yellow lab (RIP Scout) that would have left me with a hook for a hand if I tried doing that, plus broken dishes, a mess to clean up and no potato.

After a long day of yard work, while waiting for a bath, I went to answer the phone and in the few minutes I was gone, He Ate My Razor. Returning to the bathroom and I saw plastic razor remnants through the bedroom to his bed in the family room. Lots of plastic-NO BLADE.  Saturday Nite Emergency Room All Nighter, lots of pumpkin and white bread, poop exams, another round of x-rays on Monday, and an overnight procedure inserting a scope thru his mouth to retrieve it. Pretty scary, big bucks, no bath, but  winner of the best story in the "how was your weekend contest".

Bambi and Kyle should audition Potato act for America's Got Talent!

• Love 7

I remember this as well. But, I do recall Carlton being especially sensitive when it came to interacting with Kyle. She seemed standoffish with Kyle early on. But, the beginning that I remember where Carlton made it clear she was on a mission for Kyle happened when Kyle had invited Joyce, Carlton, and some non-housewives to her house. Carlton and Kyle were in the kitchen and Carlton was telling some randomly snooze inducing story about a cat killing a bird on her property and Kyle interrupted her to say something about getting the wine for the meal, and the look Carlton gave was a total "you just ,made an enemy for life" look. There was also the bee thing at the same lunch. I remember thinking that Carlton came on disliking Kyle but left that interaction hating her.

It was Kyle wanting someone to kill a bee that was buzzing her and Carlton took offense at that. I guess it would not have mattered if the bee stung Kyle and killed her though. LOL

• Love 12

This is actually one of Yolanda's notorious history re-writes. When Yo first said she had been bedridden with Lyme Disease, she stated in her blog that Lisa V. and Brandi had both come to visit her and were the only ones to do so in the off season. That was when she was part of the "Dream Team". Later, it became, Brandi was the only one to care enough to visit. For a while she went back and forth about whether or not Lisa visited her but then had to admit that Lisa had. Once the Dream Team was no more, LisaV went back to being just a Hollywood friend. I think these inconsistencies is why we had that early episode this season of Lisa V. telling Kyle that she had sent texts to Yo several times trying to arrange a visit and Yo kept saying she wasn't up to it. Because if Lisa V. had visited, her Yo couldn't play the "she hasn't supported me in my journey" card anymore. 

I hate quoting one of my own posts, but after re-reading it, I wanted to clarify something. This is one of, if not the FIRST, moment when Yo tried to re-write the history of her story line on this show. If I recall correctly, Yo never addressed her "nothing uglier than a drunk woman" comment about Taylor in relation to her friendship with Brandi. But, Yo got called out on social media many times about whether or not LisaV had visited her because BRAVO still allowed comments on the Housewives Blogs then. The comments would get tweeted and Yo was left trying to account for the discrepancies. That was when she admitted that LisaV had actually visited her during the off season (as she originally said in her blog, but later backtracked on).Just wanted to clarify that. Please carry on.

• Love 8
(edited)

Am I the only one that did a WTF when Kathryn and her sisters were talking about her mom's "dementia" and how she can't remember anything.  Kathyrn was like, "Well, I mean, who cares if she can't remember anything at least she's not in pain."  What a stupid woman.  She needs to spend time with someone with advanced dementia and see how frightening it is to that person.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 22

I hate quoting one of my own posts, but after re-reading it, I wanted to clarify something. This is one of, if not the FIRST, moment when Yo tried to re-write the history of her story line on this show. If I recall correctly, Yo never addressed her "nothing uglier than a drunk woman" comment about Taylor in relation to her friendship with Brandi. But, Yo got called out on social media many times about whether or not LisaV had visited her because BRAVO still allowed comments on the Housewives Blogs then. The comments would get tweeted and Yo was left trying to account for the discrepancies. That was when she admitted that LisaV had actually visited her during the off season (as she originally said in her blog, but later backtracked on).Just wanted to clarify that. Please carry on.

Just to add to this, Yolanda was kind of horrible to Brandi in her TH when she first came aboard the show. In addition to trashing Taylor and calling drunk women ugly, she would not let go of that comment Brandi made about sleeping with everyone in Beverly Hills. I don't even think she invited Brandi to that first dinner and singing fiasco. She's been haughty since day one and it's obvious she's only latched onto Brandi because no one else wants anything to do with her.

• Love 9

Ah yes. Kathryn and her mother's dementia. I don't know what kind of dementia her mother suffers from, but, My father died of Alzheimer's. It's much more than a funny anecdote about forgetting little things. It gets really, really grim. Good luck with that, Kathryn.

• Love 22

I can't even imagine what horrible names those ponies have. Vanderpump's innuendo is rather clunky lately, and she's got so many animals she's probably low on double entendres. I'd almost rather the names remain unsaid.

• Love 7

Just to add to this, Yolanda was kind of horrible to Brandi in her TH when she first came aboard the show. In addition to trashing Taylor and calling drunk women ugly, she would not let go of that comment Brandi made about sleeping with everyone in Beverly Hills. I don't even think she invited Brandi to that first dinner and singing fiasco. She's been haughty since day one and it's obvious she's only latched onto Brandi because no one else wants anything to do with her.

I thought that it was Taylor who accused Brandi of sleeping with everyone in Beverly Hills and that added to Yo's fire about how ugly drunk women were. I may remember that wrong though. But, I do remember that Brandi wasn't invited, and I do agree that it was all about how haughty Yo was from the beginning. She had nothing for Brandi until that season's vacation and then she was all "who is Adrianne Maloof in this world?" And once she bought Brandi those shoes she knew she owned her. Lisa V never bought Brandi anything. Lisa V never did cartwheels with Brandi in a foreign country (which Yolanda was ill during the filming of that vacation according to her Lyme time line) so I think Yo had been grooming her from their first actual interaction.

This whole thing is weird for me because, while Yo wasn't a housewife that I liked, I thought she was a good addition to the show. Her real estate porn, ability to bring in actual names to film through David, and her staunch pragmatism in the face of her own hypocrisy seemed like a perfect Housewife combination. But, now her hypocrisy and the fact that she is just plain boring is really wearing on me. 

• Love 11

As for YoYo?  Well the old saying goes "who the gods wish to drive crazy, gets granted his every want".  I think the women who know exactly what is up with Lemon with Lyme should give her what she wants.  Until she chokes on it.  Doesn't like to be told she looks beautiful.  Well that can be fixed.   Every time these women see her they should exclaim in over the top horror.  "How dreadful you look!  If you feel half as bad as the piece of shit some dog dragged its ass over a carpet and left behind that you look, you must be feeling horrible.  Oh Yolanda, your hair, I do hope someday they can fix that.  You poor dear.  All that pain you are going through and written so nobly all over your face.  I almost did not recognize you.  You must go home.  See a doctor.  No I insist, we'll simply cancel your seat/ticket/place. Don't worry, take care of yourself,  We'll be fine filming without you.  I simply could not in good conscience make you stay. We'll miss you terribly but compared to making you suffer even more than what you so clearly have since I last saw you?  I won't hear of it.  We'll muddle through without you.    Now go home.  Here's your car.  And don't get out of bed until you are completely better.  I simply refuse to let you put yourself through this again at my doing.  You let me know when you are completely well and we'll do lunch.  until then  Ta-ta."

Yes yes YES! They soooo should do this! It's passive aggressive, for sure, but I would love to see the outcome!

• Love 5

I thought that it was Taylor who accused Brandi of sleeping with everyone in Beverly Hills and that added to Yo's fire about how ugly drunk women were. I may remember that wrong though. But, I do remember that Brandi wasn't invited, and I do agree that it was all about how haughty Yo was from the beginning. She had nothing for Brandi until that season's vacation and then she was all "who is Adrianne Maloof in this world?" And once she bought Brandi those shoes she knew she owned her. Lisa V never bought Brandi anything. Lisa V never did cartwheels with Brandi in a foreign country (which Yolanda was ill during the filming of that vacation according to her Lyme time line) so I think Yo had been grooming her from their first actual interaction.

I may be wrong but I think Brandi said something offhand like "I've slept with every man in BH" and then Taylor wouldn't let it go, kept repeating it to Yolanda, who in turn, would also not let it go. But by the end of the season, Brandi was her lapdog. I would go back and rewatch it but I don't hate myself that much right now.

This whole thing is weird for me because, while Yo wasn't a housewife that I liked, I thought she was a good addition to the show. Her real estate porn, ability to bring in actual names to film through David, and her staunch pragmatism in the face of her own hypocrisy seemed like a perfect Housewife combination. But, now her hypocrisy and the fact that she is just plain boring is really wearing on me.

That's how I felt. In the beginning, I loved to hate Yo with her dumb lemon trees and the bullshit romantics with "my love." But now that the fridge is gone and Gigi's photo shoots are too high profile to invite the cameras, she's kind of useless. It's no longer love-to-hatewatch but has stooped to hate-to-hatewatch

• Love 7

Ah yes. Kathryn and her mother's dementia. I don't know what kind of dementia her mother suffers from, but, My father died of Alzheimer's. It's much more than a funny anecdote about forgetting little things. It gets really, really grim. Good luck with that, Kathryn.

I thought the same thing!  She's in for a rude awakening. 

Really, I think it's time to recast everyone.  Clear the slate and start over.  I'm tired of everyone and their feelings. 

• Love 2
From what was said it sounds like the dog is constantly stealing food and she lets it happen.

She didn't let it happen here, so I don't think she lets it happen. When you have food in the house and people in the house sometimes the dog's going to swipe something. She doesn't seem to be doing anything to make that happen or be okay with it. She took the potato from the dog. I think "he always does that" was more annoyance at the times he's successful, not being okay with it.

Am I the only one that did a WTF when Kathryn and her sisters were talking about her mom's "dementia" and how she can't remember anything.  Kathyrn was like, "Well, I mean, who cares if she can't remember anything at least she's not in pain."  What a stupid woman.  She needs to spend time with someone with advanced dementia and see how frightening it is to that person.

I don't think her point was that dementia was fine for her. She was saying that she didn't want her mother to be in pain, and if her mother wasn't distressed by forgetting something she herself wasn't going to complain that her mother didn't remember something for her benefit.

• Love 9
(edited)

I believe Brandi had a paying gig the night of the dinner or at least she claimed to.  She later went out with the guest musician Chris Botti.  What a lucky guy.

ETA:  Brandi's blog on the subject- http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-3/blogs/brandi-glanville/taylors-secondhand

I added it because of Brandi's comments about losing respect for someone.  They are the third episode in so it is a little surprising how Brandi is claiming Yolanda.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Am I the only one that did a WTF when Kathryn and her sisters were talking about her mom's "dementia" and how she can't remember anything.  Kathyrn was like, "Well, I mean, who cares if she can't remember anything at least she's not in pain."  What a stupid woman.  She needs to spend time with someone with advanced dementia and see how frightening it is to that person.

Well, she will eventually....dementia never gets better - only worse.  And, often, it is harder on the other family members than the one suffering from dementia.

• Love 8

Break out star from this episode: BAMBI

WJrEbB1.gif

I've watched this gif about a million times. It's mesmerizing. And right now, my computer is running slowly, so it's Zaprudering the footage... fuzzy frame-by-frame shots of potato espionage.
  • Love 14

I hate to defend Kathryn, I mean WTF??, but, I think Kathryn is just naive about what dementia entails. There's plenty of anxiety and stress initially and it goes downhill from there. There is no absence of pain. You basically lose the person piece by piece. Kathryn probably hasn't really thought about what dementia means. I don't know that you can until you watch it happen. I hope she's more involved than Lisar appeared to be with her father.

• Love 8

But now that the fridge is gone

I really miss that fridge. It was a terrific fridge. I used to fantasize that it was mine.

In other news, Lisa V's magenta dynel fright-wig extensions can be retired at her earliest convenience. I'm sure she's thinking they are kitschy and ironic. Whereas in fact they are tacky and moronic.

In the preview clip for next week (that is posted on this site), we will see that Rinna is going to turn on LVP in an epic way. What she says about LVP makes what Kyle said about her at the S2 reunion look like a love letter. What will make it even more stunning is that unlike Kyle - who had had a huge fight with LVP right before the reunion and was in a bad place with her - Rinna seems to still be very friendly with LVP, and yet she will go there in a way we haven't seen anyone go there before. 

Seems like she threw Kyle under the bus as well. She just really seems kind of dumb and I'm not sure why that is LVP's fault.

Kim talks about other people getting involved in her and Kyle's relationship and then editing shows LisaR at the reunion. That doesn't work imo since Kim and LisaR had their own relationship drama. The only one who got in-between Kim & Kyle was bg and that is on Kim.

Kyle says that it feels like Kim hates her and then Kim starts talking about how she herself is unlovable...good way to twist it around to make it about you being unloved when that wasn't what was said.

Kim---STAY OFF THIS SHOW....go back to your other show. Better yet, go do that community service you are slacking off on (or go to jail)

Eileen---STFU

So it's okay for Kyle to express feeling unloved but Kim can't express the same sentiment?

Yolanda:

Kim:

Doesn't want to dredge up old things because they are "not healthy". Well, any decent therapy teaches addicts that they need to address past indiscretions in order to face up to them, take accountability, apologise to those they have wronged, etc before they can heal and become healthy, and have healthy relationships, again. Bullshit Kim.

I'm always curious. Why do we take these sort of approaches as gospel? I don't believe this is a blanket way to handle ALL addictions, ALL addicts, ALL families. etc. etc. I think this approach is tricky when the addict also has things they feel they need apologies for. I mean I hate this idea that an addict has to waive everything that's unresolved with them in order to make other people's issues with them more important to resolve before being able to get what they need to move forward. I find that a hard recipe to follow. There's obviously some hurt on both sides but it always seems that the first step is supposed to be Kim blanket apologizing before it's her turn to receive the apologies she's after.  Not to mention, there doesn't seem to be any promise that Kim will get the resolution she needs from these people but it is required she give them resolution by atoning. I get it I get it she's been bad but so have her sisters so I feel that a lot of Kim's push back has to do with this idea that she has ABSOLUTELY nothing to be upset about when in fact she does and all she gets is a bunch of 12 step generic check list jargon that isn't molded to her particular set of circumstances.  . I just think that for Kim to truly have a chance at healing it isn't a journey for only her alone. Yes her addiction is hers but the factors surrounding it isn't so there's no way to get a handle on her own demons when they are so intertwined with the unresolved demons of her sisters. If they don't do at least a portion of it together in order to address their demons with her then Kim can never truly vanquish hers own and finally move forward.

Exactly. This is one program with no proven track record. Kim needs to move on to recover. You don't get healthy by ruminating about what you can't change. Constantly rehashing and revisiting traumatic events is not the only way to recovery. I'm sure that there are  plenty of things they both have done to hurt each other. Maybe it's time to let it go and forge something new?

If it happens once, that's understandable, that's how most people become aware that their dog steals food in the first place. What I actually said was that if Kyle allows it to keep happening then yes, that's a bad pet owner to me.

From what was said it sounds like the dog is constantly stealing food and she lets it happen. That could be very dangerous because the dog may eat something that could kill it.

I've worked in the "dog field" so to speak and have volunteered with animals for over 30 years. I can't tell you how many dogs I've seen suffer and die because the owners didn't put human food out of their reach.

I stand by what I said. If it happens once and no precautions are taken to prevent it from happening again which seems to be the case, I think that's bad pet parenting.

I don't see the big deal. The dog steals food, so what? Dogs die from regular old dog food too.

• Love 8

I hate to defend Kathryn, I mean WTF??, but, I think Kathryn is just naive about what dementia entails. There's plenty of anxiety and stress initially and it goes downhill from there. There is no absence of pain. You basically lose the person piece by piece. Kathryn probably hasn't really thought about what dementia means. I don't know that you can until you watch it happen. I hope she's more involved than Lisar appeared to be with her father.

She/they did talk about moving her parents, maybe somewhere closer to all 3 daughters, who all live in Southern California.  

• Love 2

Not so fast! Preview up for next week. Lisa Rinna revealing who she is talking about, battle lines getting shaken up!

What a bitch Lisa Rinna is!  Talk about a wishy washy shit stirrer.  Now she's trying to blame the Munchausen's conversation on LisaV?!  Get the fuck outta here with that shit!  smdh

• Love 13

Hey, dogs are only 'human'.  Ok, they're not but as a human, many times I've seen that piece of cake on the counter or chocolate in the box, etc. that I know I shouldn't eat but I just can't help myself.  I'm pretty well trained but I just can't resist.  I also love a baked potato.   And if everyone else was having one, I'd be tempted. If you don't want me to steal a bite or piece or the whole thing, don't leave me alone with it, especially if I'm hungry.  Just sayin.

Bambi is officially my favorite Housewife pet.  She just wants someone to play with her and give her food.  And no attitude. 

• Love 16

Yeah - I just ate the last of Mr. P's potato chips while reading this board.  Violating both my diet and my Lenten fast.  :(

These women - I can't say I admire any of them, I generally like Kyle and hate Yo and flip-flop on Lisa V, while not caring too much about the rest of them.  This season I am in Lisa V's camp (thus far :)

That being said, the one who bugs me this year is Eileen.  I could have gotten over her BS with Lisa V in the Hamptons; certainly didn't need to hear about it again.  She annoyed me with the whole "Who told Yolanda?" crap at both Erika's post-concert party, and then the next day at Kathryn's brunch - I always hate the one who rudely starts shit at someone else's event, just on principle.  (Yes I know it's their job, but part of their job is to risk being hated by me!  :)  But for me, the final straw was her hollering down the table at Yo's party for Kathryn to come join her and Rinna and repeat what she said Erika said about Lisa V.  While Erika and Lisa V were both dining at that same table!  For some reason that just struck me as super-crass, even in HW land.

Second on my "bug" list is Kathryn.  Obviously her conversation with Erika was on camera, and Erika was the sly bitch when she brought up Lisa V, but after Kathryn gave her such assurances about wanting to be her trustworthy friend, then running to tattle - not just to LV but the whole group, seemingly a day later - what ended any possibility of me liking Kathryn was how, when Erika confronted her, she was all, "Pfft!  That's on you then!"  Someone award her the cuntly necklace for the week!

I find myself unable to dislike Erika for some reason, and I think it may be that in spite of her faults, which have all been listed here and I agree with most, she really doesn't seem to give a shit.  I think she's just doing this for fun and doesn't seem to really take anything personally.  Her scenes with Lisa V interest me because I am actually curious about what they will say to each other.  (Unlike Eileen v. Lisa V, for which I could write the script in my sleep.)  I guess it's not so much that I like her, but I enjoy watching her.  And I suspect that she doesn't like or care about Lisa V one way or another and was giving Kathryn's offer of being her new BFF a little test.  

I am not a pet owner but do have a story about my former BF's wonderful German shepherd:  when we came home from dinner one night and I had half of an Italian hoagie wrapped in foil in my bag - the next morning we came into the hall and found a very tidy piece of aluminum foil with onions in it - she had taken it out of my purse, unwrapped it and eaten the whole thing, but picked the onions off and left them sitting neatly in the intact foil; not a spot on the ground :)

Now I'm off to read the Trashtalk recap - which has rapidly become the favorite part of my week!  Maybe I'll save it for tomorrow . . .

• Love 9

I love Erika more and more each week.  She truly seems like she has a solid relationship with her husband and a solid grasp on who she is and isn't.  It's easy to see the narrative that is 'off camera' - LVP asking and having Kathryn ask - how long Erika has known Yolanda is just a way to try to, on camera, discredit her friendship and make her support seem like it's just all about how she got on the show and that it's somehow not genuine in some way.  Now, who knows if it really is genuine or not, but it seems the girl doesn't need to lie about her 'in' to the show, I'm betting 100% she didn't know Yo more than in passing before she was asked to come on, but trying to use the short time frame in which they are friends to discredit her is what bothers her.  

Additional - LVP totally brought Yo's kids into the discussion and I don't get how she can keep saying she didn't? Like WHAT?  Kyle point blank asked her what Mo said, and KVP says, ON CAMERA, that Mo says they don't have da lymes.   LVP could've just as easily stated that it was a private family matter and she didn't want to be in the middle of it - that's what a classy person would do.  My issue with Vanderpump is that she isn't owning what she did.  If she's the real Queen like she acts, she should just out and out say, hey, I got conflicting info on your kids - maybe you should talk to your ex-husband?  I mean, what does Mo think of all this?  They keep highlighting how they're best friends, but does he know until after this all aired what she actually did and how that probably messed up his family IRL?  Can you imagine those kids?  Sickness real or imagined, that's not a cool thing to do to them.  I'm sure if Yo is full of BS the last thing they want to do is call out their own Mom.

The funny thing is, to me, that the show editors are finally leaving out all the breadcrumbs in LVP's game.  I admire how she's played but it looks like show is over it.  Even her aggressive 'I need us to be really f'ing good' to Eileen was really strange and harsh I thought.  I do think Eileen is dragging along the storyline (and needs to move her butt along), but...I mean...WTF.

Kathryn showed her true colors 100%.  I love that the editors left in all the bits of Erika's accusations that the questioning seemed eerily similar.  Again, I think it shows editors are done with LVP calling the shots.

Last bit, I'm not bothered by Erika being put off by Kathryn spilling the tea.  Sure, it's a show, and they all know this, and cameras were present when she said those things etc., but I think it was meant to be in confidence until the reunion or similar when Erika could then have a moment with LVP and call her out in a totally different venue.  The idea on her part, surely, was not that Kathryn would tattle back - but note, I don't think Erika was surprised.  Her vitriol towards Kathryn is moreso, I'm convinced, due to her confirmation that again, LVP is involved in some sort of meddling.

Oh, and Kyle and Kim, if they really want to fix their relationship, need to keep it off camera.  It's clear that all season Kyle has been very careful to control what she says and doesn't say and what conversation she is and isn't involved with in regards to Kim.  I think they're both royally messed up in the head, but that has redeemed her in some part to me.  However, having this on camera convo kind of ruined it again.  Stay off camera you two if you seriously want to mend anything.

• Love 6

I love Erika more and more each week.  She truly seems like she has a solid relationship with her husband and a solid grasp on who she is and isn't.  It's easy to see the narrative that is 'off camera' - LVP asking and having Kathryn ask - how long Erika has known Yolanda is just a way to try to, on camera, discredit her friendship and make her support seem like it's just all about how she got on the show and that it's somehow not genuine in some way.  Now, who knows if it really is genuine or not, but it seems the girl doesn't need to lie about her 'in' to the show, I'm betting 100% she didn't know Yo more than in passing before she was asked to come on, but trying to use the short time frame in which they are friends to discredit her is what bothers her.  

Additional - LVP totally brought Yo's kids into the discussion and I don't get how she can keep saying she didn't? Like WHAT?  Kyle point blank asked her what Mo said, and KVP says, ON CAMERA, that Mo says they don't have da lymes.   LVP could've just as easily stated that it was a private family matter and she didn't want to be in the middle of it - that's what a classy person would do.  My issue with Vanderpump is that she isn't owning what she did.  If she's the real Queen like she acts, she should just out and out say, hey, I got conflicting info on your kids - maybe you should talk to your ex-husband?  I mean, what does Mo think of all this?  They keep highlighting how they're best friends, but does he know until after this all aired what she actually did and how that probably messed up his family IRL?  Can you imagine those kids?  Sickness real or imagined, that's not a cool thing to do to them.  I'm sure if Yo is full of BS the last thing they want to do is call out their own Mom.

The funny thing is, to me, that the show editors are finally leaving out all the breadcrumbs in LVP's game.  I admire how she's played but it looks like show is over it.  Even her aggressive 'I need us to be really f'ing good' to Eileen was really strange and harsh I thought.  I do think Eileen is dragging along the storyline (and needs to move her butt along), but...I mean...WTF.

Kathryn showed her true colors 100%.  I love that the editors left in all the bits of Erika's accusations that the questioning seemed eerily similar.  Again, I think it shows editors are done with LVP calling the shots.

Last bit, I'm not bothered by Erika being put off by Kathryn spilling the tea.  Sure, it's a show, and they all know this, and cameras were present when she said those things etc., but I think it was meant to be in confidence until the reunion or similar when Erika could then have a moment with LVP and call her out in a totally different venue.  The idea on her part, surely, was not that Kathryn would tattle back - but note, I don't think Erika was surprised.  Her vitriol towards Kathryn is moreso, I'm convinced, due to her confirmation that again, LVP is involved in some sort of meddling.

Oh, and Kyle and Kim, if they really want to fix their relationship, need to keep it off camera.  It's clear that all season Kyle has been very careful to control what she says and doesn't say and what conversation she is and isn't involved with in regards to Kim.  I think they're both royally messed up in the head, but that has redeemed her in some part to me.  However, having this on camera convo kind of ruined it again.  Stay off camera you two if you seriously want to mend anything.

Erika?

• Love 3

Something about my post I need to clarify?  Hey, opinion may not be popular, but, that's how I feel about it.  I have no love for Vanderpump.  Sure it's all a show, show, but I agree that she comes from the side and not from the front.

• Love 6

Something about my post I need to clarify?  Hey, opinion may not be popular, but, that's how I feel about it.  I have no love for Vanderpump.  Sure it's all a show, show, but I agree that she comes from the side and not from the front.

Just messing with you so, no.

• Love 1

I am totally amused at how many people are up in arms about Bambi stealing a potato, but say nothing about the often badly behaved Portia. At dinner she was not sitting in her chair properly but was standing on it, didn't appear to be eating and had no table manners whatsoever. And as we have seen in other epis, she rarely does what Kyle asks her to do. I'd think having a well behaved child is more important than a well behaved dog. But since Kyle is lax with Portia why wouldn't she be with Bambi?  (Though attempting to take the potato out of Bambi's mouth was more of a correction than I have ever seen her attempt with her child).

• Love 7
(edited)

Well, Kyle has been "out-handed' by Kathryn.  Did anyone notice how big her hands were?   She looks like a much horsier version of Kim Basinger.  

Also, I found it sad that Kathryn had to be reminded by her sister that dementia takes a higher toll on a person than "What's the big deal if she forgets stuff?".  I am not sure moving a person with dementia from everything they have known will be helpful either.  Jeez.

Eileen looked gorgeous in the picnic table scene.  

Loved the pony house gift from Mohammed, guess he's forgiven LVP for her statement about him saying the kids were fine.

If Andrea Bocelli was singing live in front of me, I would be living in the MOMENT, not mugging dramatically for the camera....

ETA: My Pug used to love to sniff out cigarettes, I don't smoke, but when my mother visited he would always go after them.   One day I heard a lot of profanity and yelling, my younger brother had a friend staying with us for a week. My dog had apparently consume his baggie of MJ.  It would have been funny if it hadn't almost killed the dog.  He lived a long life afterwards and now it is a funny story but beware of what you leave around dogs....

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Love 3

Yolanda:

Kim:

Doesn't want to dredge up old things because they are "not healthy". Well, any decent therapy teaches addicts that they need to address past indiscretions in order to face up to them, take accountability, apologise to those they have wronged, etc before they can heal and become healthy, and have healthy relationships, again. Bullshit Kim.

I'm always curious. Why do we take these sort of approaches as gospel? I don't believe this is a blanket way to handle ALL addictions, ALL addicts, ALL families. etc. etc. I think this approach is tricky when the addict also has things they feel they need apologies for. I mean I hate this idea that an addict has to waive everything that's unresolved with them in order to make other people's issues with them more important to resolve before being able to get what they need to move forward. I find that a hard recipe to follow. There's obviously some hurt on both sides but it always seems that the first step is supposed to be Kim blanket apologizing before it's her turn to receive the apologies she's after.  Not to mention, there doesn't seem to be any promise that Kim will get the resolution she needs from these people but it is required she give them resolution by atoning. I get it I get it she's been bad but so have her sisters so I feel that a lot of Kim's push back has to do with this idea that she has ABSOLUTELY nothing to be upset about when in fact she does and all she gets is a bunch of 12 step generic check list jargon that isn't molded to her particular set of circumstances.  . I just think that for Kim to truly have a chance at healing it isn't a journey for only her alone. Yes her addiction is hers but the factors surrounding it isn't so there's no way to get a handle on her own demons when they are so intertwined with the unresolved demons of her sisters. If they don't do at least a portion of it together in order to address their demons with her then Kim can never truly vanquish hers own and finally move forward.

I guess I should always include a disclaimer to state that I am not referring to ALL anything/anyone/anywhere in any of my posts. I never write long, in depth posts. I prefer 'snapshots' of my opinions.

My post had nothing to do with espousing any 12 step program... I would argue that many/most/all (who knows?) addictions become behaviours that arise from pain and the inability to cope with the realities of life and become maladaptive ways to 'cope' with those realities. Overcoming a reliance on avoiding those realities requires new skills for coping. It means an addict needs to stop avoiding all the pain. A huge part of that is facing up to things...difficult things. Including hurting your loved ones. I agree with you: Kim is not an island of addiction. She is a member of a close knit family that love and support each other but also clash and enable and hurt each other.

Maybe Kim has caused more pain for her family members than they have her? Who knows? I don't believe any therapy would be saying that the person with addictions needs to blanket apologise to everyone ahead of their own grievances, however therapy to treat addictions starts with focusing on the addict and their behaviours/motivations/problems etc. That may be why it begins with an addicted person dealing with the pain they have caused others before it moves on to the rest of the family and dealing with their own hurts. Yes, I agree it's intertwined and complicated but the therapist and the person with addictions have to start somewhere.

Its all waaaaay too complex for this tv show and for any of us to understand via the footage the editors choose to screen.

Kim not wanting to dredge up old things may be a continuation of her usual avoidance MO. Maybe it isn't. Maybe she and her family have already dealt with the past in previous conversations. To me, IMO, it looked like she was rather quick to brush Kyle's concerns off. It looked to me like she was avoiding. Which IMO is not what a recovering addict should be doing.

• Love 8

I've watched this gif about a million times. It's mesmerizing. And right now, my computer is running slowly, so it's Zaprudering the footage... fuzzy frame-by-frame shots of potato espionage.

I almost cannot see this enough. That dog needs its own show.  My favorite part I think was when Bambi came into the kitchen and put the tennis ball on the kitchen island. Isn't that like 3 or 4 times we've seen that cute dog bringing the tennis ball around for some fun? I totally dig that. 

• Love 11
(edited)

If you honestly believe that Lisa V and Kathryn both asking Erika how long she has known Yolanda was an attempt to 'discredit' her friendship with her, you are as paranoid as Erika is. Let's face it, the only reason Erika reacted to that is because both she and the viewers are more than aware of the fact that Erika and Yolanda weren't close AT ALL before the show started, but she was drafted in as one of Yolanda's acquaintances to provide support for her after Yolanda lost Kim and Brandi. Erika reacted with paranoia because she is aware of this. It is obvious that Erika and Yolanda were never friends before the show, aside from perhaps the odd dinner party that Tom Geriatri-ardi may have hosted with David invited and Yolanda as his plus-one.

If you come into a group of people and you have a mutual friend with another member of the group, it is completely normal to ask how long their have known them.

Also, it is obvious that Lisa V didn't bring Yolanda's kids into the discussion. Yolanda did. Then Kyle asked Lisa. Lisa responded honestly, which is saying that Mohamed said they were healthy.

Interesting, though, don't you think, that Mohamed has spoken out in support of his children but NOT ONCE has ever confirmed Yoda's assertion that the kids have Lyme disease? I'm thinking their alleged Lyme disease may be as fictitious as Yoda's.

Edited by Darren-5-08
  • Love 11

Loved the pony house gift from Mohammed, guess he's forgiven LVP for her statement about him saying the kids were fine.

Since this was filmed 6 months ago, we don't know if Mo had any idea that Lisa had said what she did about the kids at the time he was delivering the horse house. I would assume that the first thing Yo did was to call him up and tell him what she had learned, but who knows? It's possible that he didn't believe her and took Lisa's word that all she really said was that the kids were fine. I doubt Lisa owned up to saying "no, he said only Yo has it". My guess is that he didn't understand what was actually said until he saw the show. Then again, I am convinced that Lisa only said what she did with the permission of Mo. I think he wanted that information out there. Lisa just doesn't slip up like that on camera.

• Love 5