Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Taking Chances / S05.E20: Walk Away

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I forgot to ask when I posted earlier, did anyone else think Michael's getting some free airline tix?  He was talking to Farrah about visiting her in California and how he'll have to buy a lot of "Southwest Airline" tickets.  Not just plane tickets, he was super specific, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was in exchange for Southwest tickets.

• Love 6

Does that practice include adorable little one year olds though? I hated watching that and I think Nova or Frontline or whatever her name is, hated it too.

Lol Frontline. But I agree, I did not like that scene one bit. Was that the only reason Butch wanted to go? To shove the infant's face in a cake? That was basically the first thing he did when she was in her high chair. Ugh.

• Love 7

One of Farrah's bitchiest comments was, "This is how you ring shop in Austin." Like it's so small town they don't have expensive enough rings to show her. Send her to Tiffany or Cartier in LA and show her the $60k rings. Because apparently she already owns plenty of jewelry that costs more than $17k. She's disgusting, her mentality and the way she treats people. And she has the nerve to call Larry the Exec Producer "white trash."

Edited by jennyf
  • Love 9

I forgot to ask when I posted earlier, did anyone else think Michael's getting some free airline tix?  He was talking to Farrah about visiting her in California and how he'll have to buy a lot of "Southwest Airline" tickets.  Not just plane tickets, he was super specific, and I couldn't help but wonder if it was in exchange for Southwest tickets.

I doubt it.  The other airlines that fly into Austin are probably expensive compared to Southwest, so that is the go-to airline for most people.  You never know, but it seems unlikely.

• Love 2

One of Farrah's bitchiest comments was, "This is how you ring shop in Austin." Like it's so small town they don't have expensive enough rings to show her. Send her to Tiffany or Cartier in LA and show her the $60k rings. Because apparently she already owns plenty of jewelry that costs more than $17k. She's disgusting, her mentality and the way she treats people. And she has the nerve to call Larry the Exec Producer "white trash."

For someone who supposedly owns lots of expensive jewelry, she was absolutely clueless when the woman asked her to specify what type of diamond she wanted.  Trying to cover her stupidity, she made it worse by asking to see "the most expensive rings," as if that's going to impress someone who already knows she has no knowledge of fine jewelry.  Then she said something like "3 Carats sounds small."  Again, totally clueless.  Simon was no better when he earlier said he preferred shiny diamonds or whatever.  What a couple of Rubes.  I doubt that Tiffany or Cartier would have allowed MTV cameras past the front door.

• Love 11

I don't know whyyy I watch this because it makes me see red and I yell at the tv the whole time. I don't even know where to start.

I've always hated Farrah - she's extremely hypocritical. Teen mom did give her the start when she was jumping around in her cheerleading outfit. She was a ***** back then. She talks to others like they're nothing. Her mom is rubbing off on her. I highly doubt she can even afford that house Simon showed her - I think it's all show. She lives in Austin. What you get in Austin will not be what you get in California. I'm pretty sure the houses she "hated" were the only houses she could afford. And ring shopping OMGGGG - $32,000 is cheap!? Not surprising though - coming from the girl who gave her daughter $1000 for a tooth. Simon looked like a ghost because he knows he can't afford that ****. I'm sure she'll buy it for herself anyway.

And I really hate Matt. He's super creepy. The advice he wants to give to Gary should be used on himself. Isn't he the one with 7 kids in Boston yet he's where again... oh yes Indiana. Please. He's a creep in his 40s living off his girlfriend on teen mom #goals

• Love 7

.exactly HOW is Taylor an upgrade? Let's see, unemployed, check.

HE DOESN'T HAVE A JOB. Maci's check into cash job may be bullshit but at least she's doing something productive for some part of the day. And she got this reality gig by being a trainwreck all on her own, not hitching her wagon to someone else's trainwreck.

Well I think he did have a job during them filming this season... so are you saying he doesn't have a job now?? 

Did y'all see the seller's face when Farrah walked in her house wearing next to nothing. She looked like "is this the trash I'm selling my house to?!" And when Sophia slapped her grandma, I wanted to beat the hell out of her. Better yet, why is Debra so afraid to discipline the little monster?

I was actually more surprised that Sophia knew when someone's feeling were hurt!  Farrah obviously didn't teach her that.  Farrah probably teaches her that you don't have feelings or a soul. 

Did I see Maci eating sushi along with the beers she was drinking? Around thanksgiving she was 13 weeks pregnant. I miss sushi and beer but I haven't been having it during this pregnancy because I'm not an asshole.

There is actually a lot of sushi you can eat when you're pregnant (not saying Maci ate one of those).  It just can't be raw, so you can eat the rolls that have crab or shrimp or even just the ones that are all veggie.  Like a cali roll would be safe (I think, unless you can't have fake crab). 

Count me as someone who doesn't understand why it was cool for April and Butch to be around each other plenty during the earlier part of the season: at C&T's wedding and at their house (when Butch moved into the trailer in their driveway) but now, several months later, it's not okay. Is this no-contact order a new thing that's happened since the wedding? Did something go down between Butch and April since then and now there's a no-contact order?

Tyler sucks and so does Catelynn's therapist.

I was thinking about this the entire time they were discussing it.  WHAT ABOUT THE WEDDING!?!?  Obviously it was in effect then but they didn't care?  So now suddenly they care for a 3 hour party?

And I loved how Tyler totally skewed what April said.  She said she would probably only stay a few hours, she most likely wouldn't stay until 5.  Tyler turns that around and says "She says she won't stay until 5 and will probably leave a couple hours early, so probably 3." uhh what? lol  And then of course April stays until 4:30 (i think that's what it said).

They should have just had a party for Cait's side on one day and Tyler's side on another.  That kid didn't need two cakes in one day.

Amber and Matt...that house. I'm still trying to digest that there is a place where you can buy a HOUSE for under 200k.  I'm shocked. Their renovation was cheap, but holy shit. I did catch the rusty chain link fence to the left of the property, but still.  $69k. Dang. 

Totally possible - especially if you're in a smaller town.  My friend bought hers for about $35k I think.  It's really tiny but 2 beds, 1 bath, 1 car garage.  It's a bit rundown but overall not that bad.  It didn't need a total rehab or anything.  They had to repaint the outside and install A/C.

• Love 5

Love the idea of the TM girls being paired with different guys. Farrah and Matt or Farrah and Nathan sounds like a dream come true! Lol. I would Never pair Corey with Catelyn because Corey is too kind hearted and a great dad and hard working man who takes care of his family. catelynn is an unmotivated lazy sack of crap who no longer gets any sympathy from me because of  the way she treats Nova.  Corey would come home to a mess and no dinner made and would have to take care of the girlses and Nova all on his own. He deserves much better and Miranda seems to make him happy.  I would have catelyn be the one with the dead baby daddy so maybe she would be able to stand up on her own and learn to take care of herself without an asshole guy tying her down.  I'd put Amber and Tyler together just so Amber could knock him around and put  him in his place when he annoyed her.

Totally agree that Maci was screaming at Bentley because she's fed up with Taylor and wants him to do those things she demands of a 7 year.

• Love 5

Well I think he did have a job during them filming this season... so are you saying he doesn't have a job now?? 

What was his job during filming? When Maci says he's working, I am pretty sure she is referring to his tshirt company, which we all know isn't really working. I haven't seen anything referencing an actual job, but if that's wrong, then I will amend my earlier statement.

ETA: I googled "Taylor McKinney job" and the only thing that came up was "motorcross racer". No linked in page, no Starcasm or Teen Mom junkie article referencing him and actual employment. I would bet he hasn't worked an actual job since moving to TN from TX.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 3

Who went into the house and put a microphone on Farrah before the perfect storm went down?

--------

Good question!!! Farrah's antics and scences are always so forced & unrealistic, it makes you wonder just how phoney these shows really are.

Edited by ebkitty
  • Love 7

During Tyler and Catelynn's free meal/dinner date he said that they never get time together. What? Your baby is with her crackhead grandmother 3 nights a week. You have plenty of time to spend together! We know Catelynn's not out of the house during those times. Is Tyler? What's he doing when the baby is at April's and Catelynn is at home chewing her nails? He's not in school. Not working. Not involved in community. No hobbies other than himself.

• Love 13

Maci baffles me. I do not like her very much, mostly because she has this idea in her head that she's some kind of mature, grounded, workaholic, when in actuality she's the least mature 24 year old not currently on this show, and she's totally unrealistic and lazy. However, that said, I don't think she's an evil person or anything, I don't think she's stupid, and she would maybe be a fun drinking partner.  Yet here she is literally begging stupid Taylor to marry her, when this douche brings absolutely NOTHING to the table. Nothing. You know what would have been a really cool move back in 2014 Maci? Kicking this guy's ass to the curb. Had she gotten pregnant accidentally I might understand her reluctance to leave him, but purposely getting pregnant?

And for all this speculation that she got pregnant with Jayde to trap Taylor, WTF was she trying to "trap"? A lazy, unemployed, not very attractive bearded douchenozzle? You have to trap those? Most people want to avoid those. I don't know, Taylor just pisses me off more and more with each episode being such an openly opportunistic famewhore. OK, rant over.

From your mouth to God's ears.  You have said everything that I find offensive about Maci.  She is the one that is the biggest disappointment, because she had the best situation and could have really done something.  Here she is on her third "oops" baby to a guy who gives a shit about her.

Flash forward seven years and we'll see Maci lamenting to her new guy or friend or Jenn & Larry that Taylor is an uninvolved, lazy dad and how it hurts her to see it happening to Jayde and baby3 (think the scenes where she bitches about Ryan, but this time it's her ex Taylor she's bitching about and the TWO kids he's apathetic about). Maci seems to have a type - douchey dude-bro who doesn't use protection and then is lazy at parenting.

Kyle King may not have been the most handsome guy but he's proven to be the smartest by basically refusing to knock up or marry Maci. He did, however, seem like he enjoyed Bintley and helped out with him. I remember at the reunion after they broke up that he was telling Dr Drew that he was sad about missing Bintley. Kyle *seemed* like he would have at least been less lazy and more involved with any kids he would have had with Maci. But of course, Maci has to reproduce two more times with "miracle babies" she made with the backwoods, low rent version of Ryan with an unkempt beard and constant Bud Lite in his hand. At least lazy, douchey Ryan is hot and comes with Jenn and Larry. Taylor brings absolutely nothing to the table.

If I was Bintley I'd be hoping I could just go live with Mimi & Papa once the new baby arrives.

Again word.  I agree that Kyle was probably the most decent guy she has ever been in a relationship with.  Also, for the record, Taylor is barely marginally better looking.  His beady eyes and dry gross beard do not make for a handsome hipster dude bro.

You know how Tyler thinks he can eat anything and not gain weight?  Well, I kind of noticed he looked kind of thick and bloated this episode. All those salty pizzas might be catching up to him.

I was only half watching the first time, so I did not notice Farrah's fake ass, in her less then panties shorts.  Holy cow, it is like a giant balloon has been inserted under her skin.  It was also gross how it was right at Sophia's eye level.

I noticed a lot of self congratulating in this episode.  Cate and Tyler congratulating themselves on "all they have accomplished".  Maci and Taylor basically doing the same thing.  Farrah is always bragging about her fabulous lifestyle.

I hate that they are getting another season and receiving the benefits of a reality show lifestyle none of them deserve.  I guess I have to point the finger of blame at myself, because I watch this bullshit.

Also, the producers give a shit about the moms or the kids.  They encourage the delusions, because it makes for good television.

• Love 8

What was his job during filming? When Maci says he's working, I am pretty sure she is referring to his tshirt company, which we all know isn't really working. I haven't seen anything referencing an actual job, but if that's wrong, then I will amend my earlier statement.

ETA: I googled "Taylor McKinney job" and the only thing that came up was "motorcross racer". No linked in page, no Starcasm or Teen Mom junkie article referencing him and actual employment. I would bet he hasn't worked an actual job since moving to TN from TX.

Before the tshirt company became a story line they talked about how they both had jobs. 

Bentley's first day of school the specifically mentioned that they had to get up early to take the baby to daycare because they both had to go to work after dropping off Bentley. 

• Love 1

Before the tshirt company became a story line they talked about how they both had jobs. 

Bentley's first day of school the specifically mentioned that they had to get up early to take the baby to daycare because they both had to go to work after dropping off Bentley. 

These episodes are not necessarily linear. Just because an earlier episode mentioned Taylor working and then a later episode talked about how Maci bought a clothing line, doesn't mean it happened in that order. You can find articles online about Maci's "clothing line" that were dated 2014. Jayde was not born until 2015.

• Love 2

Maci clearly looked pregnant when she was sitting in that chair. I just don't think I would buy a flipped house from Amber or creepy Matt. The house they live in now has to smell terrible and be in even worse shape due to all the pets in general and the fact they pee and poop all over. 

I don't know if I feel bad for the producers or not. Getting yelled at should not be part of their daily routine but they have put these 4 girls on television for all these years and their behavior is a result of that. They think they are untouchable or at least they wont be fired because they need them for the show. Not that Farrah or Amber have no responsibility in not acting like asses and being decent people but you "made" them so now you deal with them for the check. So my feelings about it are mixed. 

• Love 5

These episodes are not necessarily linear. Just because an earlier episode mentioned Taylor working and then a later episode talked about how Maci bought a clothing line, doesn't mean it happened in that order. You can find articles online about Maci's "clothing line" that were dated 2014. Jayde was not born until 2015.

In this last episode when Ryan dropped off Bentley - didn't Maci say Taylor was at work?

We can agree to disagree, to me it seems obvious by their discussions of how much they have going on that they both have regular jobs outside of filming. 

You don't think so, that's ok.

• Love 5

[snip]

I was thinking about this the entire time they were discussing it. WHAT ABOUT THE WEDDING!?!? Obviously it was in effect then but they didn't care? So now suddenly they care for a 3 hour party

I found an article somewhere that Taylor worked for a granite company in Texas before he moved (can't find it again right now but I can look later). And in this episode didn't Maci mention them both working 8 to 5 then having to come home and do the t shirt business stuff? I may have heard it wrong. My guess is that if they do have regular employers they won't allow filming and don't want to be mentioned on the show?

As far as Butch and April the one thing I thought was weird was Butch made it sound like "now" there was this order in place, as if it was new. Was the wedding so soon after his release that he snuck it in there before the official paperwork came through? That's the only thing that halfway made any sense to me.

I just don't think I would buy a flipped house from Amber or creepy Matt. The house they live in now has to smell terrible and be in even worse shape due to all the pets in general and the fact they pee and poop all over.

Me either! I was wondering if the buyers knew or if they were in for a big surprise later.

• Love 4

She should already be pissed, even if Ryan never does get his shit together. For all her bitching that Ryan is a lazy, mooching, unemployed, disrespectful absentee father...exactly HOW is Taylor an upgrade? Let's see, unemployed, check. Mooching, check (and off a single mother, no less!). Disrespectful, check (true, he may not be as openly disdainful towards Maci as Ryan was/is, but telling the cameras that you'll only marry your girlfriend if it gets you another season on a reality show and she uses her money to support your lazy entitled ass is not really much better). Absentee father? Well absentee may be harsh, but he doesn't appear to really be that involved, and he's the one who wants to outsource childcare when HE DOESN'T HAVE A JOB. Maci's check into cash job may be bullshit but at least she's doing something productive for some part of the day. And she got this reality gig by being a trainwreck all on her own, not hitching her wagon to someone else's trainwreck.

Kyle King may have been less attractive than Ryan and a non bearded Taylor, but he had a job, an education, and knew how to use birth control. As a note- I can't picture Kyle anymore. When I try and picture him, I can only picture Landry from Friday Night Lights (or more recently the meth apprentice on Breaking Bad and the Butcher from Laverne on Fargo, although that was after 50 pounds and some red hair dye were added).

I thought I heard Taylor say he worked from 8-5?  When they were at the table before Maci decided to take out her frustration at Taylor on Bentley?  Isn't he some kind of "sales associate?"

• Love 2

I thought I heard Taylor say he worked from 8-5?  When they were at the table before Maci decided to take out her frustration at Taylor on Bentley?  Isn't he some kind of "sales associate?"

I haven't watched the latest episode, but it wouldn't surprise me if he meant he sat on his computer from 8-5 monitoring his social media accounts and tweeting about his stupid tshirts. I don't watch every episode, but I can't recall any mention of a job title or description. They don't show Corey or Jeremy at work on TM2, but we know they have jobs. Maci just vaguely says Taylor is working. Given her history of saying intentionally misleading things, I wonder about this job.

If it turns out Taylor has an actual job, I will be mildly impressed (given my lowered standards of these people). But I can't find anything anywhere about it.

• Love 5

Sophia's voice literally made me cringe.  My shoulders were up to my ears.  God, it's horrible.  Simon CANNOT be there of his own volition, no matter how much of a douche he might be on his own.  No rational, sane person would.  The entire Farrah family is certifiable.  I was cracking up during the ring scene, tho.  If "super trashy chick trying to act like she's rich and classy" was what Farrah was going for, she freaking NAILED it.

I must've rewound the scene of Cate walking into her counselors office about 5 times to try and figure out where she was.  There was a line or random, mismatched leather chairs right outside the door.  Was she in the business office of Sears?  I'm so confused. Can someone please get that girl a real therapist?  And a medication adjustment?  Whatever she's on clearly isn't working for her.  I'm not even going to get into it about Tyler.  Who looks up the signs of postpartum depression but doesn't bother to read further and see suggestions about what THEY can do?  I can't even with him.

Also Maci, honey?  You were so obviously pregnant in that episode.  Nice try trying to hide it under those shirts, tho.  She obviously had a bump when she was showing Ryan Bentley's room. When I casually told my husband "she's about 15 weeks pregnant there" during the scene when she banged Taylor's beer so it would fizz up forcing him to chug it like the super classy broad she is, his eyes about popped out of their sockets. 

I find it curious that Amber and Matt's house flip wasn't filmed at all for the show.  Like, at ALL.  I'm guessing because they didn't lift one single solitary finger to actually do anything, they outsourced the whole thing (probably through Matt's "contact.")  Lipstick on a pig, anyone?

• Love 15

I seriously hope this is the last we see of Farrah, on ANY screen.  She has absolutely no concept of what class is - certainly not her dropping f-bombs all over the place, while calling the other people "white trash."   First it was crashing a party with train-wreck Deborah, then the debacle with the producer.  Too bad nobody ever told this idiot no from the time she was a toddler.  Mark my words - Sophia is going to be even worse. 

I wish we wouldn't see her again either since she is a suck of a human being.  However, MTV knows where their bread is buttered.  It is drama like Farrah that keeps people coming back to watch it all burn down.  Gawd, how boring would the show be if it was all people like Maci who basically have to create drama because it isn't a big ol' hot mess all the time.  I would love to see them drop Farrah and mean it...because until that happens and until people stop crawling back, she's gonna continue to think she is something hot and special.  

Tyler.  You are a jerk.  You are sick and tired of your wife and her depression?  Boo. 

Amber is such a fool.   I do wonder how much it'll take for her to realize this.  Sadly, I think she won't wise up until she ends up preggos and Matt has another baby with another woman.  

• Love 5

I find it curious that Amber and Matt's house flip wasn't filmed at all for the show.  Like, at ALL.  I'm guessing because they didn't lift one single solitary finger to actually do anything, they outsourced the whole thing (probably through Matt's "contact.")  Lipstick on a pig, anyone?

You're probably right, but it makes me cringe that Amber said she actually sold it. I hope whoever bought it ponied up the money for a home inspection.

• Love 3

Butch: it was rude that I went to prison! In all other statements regarding the order, he seemed to take ownership of his decisions...however, this one statement kind of undoes it all for me. Still hate him.

You know when little girls pop their butts out and attempt to walk like that, when they're attempting to imitate the girls in rap videos? Yeah. Farrah looks like that...all the time. So not cute or classy, and I could have lived without seeing her ass cheeks in her LA house hunting shorts.

Debra is a horrible human being. She could have relayed the information about the age of house Farrah is looking for without being a condescending douche queen.

• Love 8

Amber got a "sorry I have 8 kids" ring. That she paid for with her own money because we know Matt doesn't work.

On the other hand, Farrah isn't even engaged now or else we'd all know about it. That ring shopping scene was cringe beyond cringe. Simon must be getting something good to go along with that shit show.

Sophia didn't notice that the realtor had feelings, but rather was wanting her mother's validation for being rude to her grandmother. She knows that no one will stop it and that her mother treats her grandmother that way, so she probably gets positive comments after it happens.

Amber's home smells. No question.

And Amber, sorry, but custody agreements aren't, "i get to call and have the kid whenever I want." That is not stable, no court will agree to it, and it is not fair for Leah. Set a real schedule with regular time, and deal with it. You want her more during the week? Move within driving distance of her home, then go to court over it. They will decide whether you get more time and if they don't, worship the ground Gary walks on if you want more because he can make that choice. The fact you even get anything extra beyond the time agreed to is something to be thankful for. You went to jail. Now you suffer the consequences, and you can make it better if you work at it.

Speaking of jail, are we supposed to feel bad for Butch that he physically assaulted April and is now punished for it? Really? I mean, no, really?!?!? Sorry Butch. You went to jail because of your actions. You are no longer in jail. Now you have to work on putting your life back together, and the woman who you abused has no obligation to be anywhere near you. Most people don't have his issue because they don't date the mother of their son's girlfriend, but you did. 

Was Nova's "smashing" a full size sheet cake? It wasn't huge but it definitely was easily a 20-30 (normal human sized) serving cake. When that is what you get a one year old to destroy, I question what you think of a normal portion is for an adult. Then again, if I recall correctly, the attempt at a diet in that house involved multiple pizzas. But I can't expect much from a person who thinks the only way to eat healthy is plain chicken breast and broccoli, nothing else.

Catelynn needs some real help. I feel so bad for her. She has a terrible family and terrible in laws (sure, if Tyler is too hung up on his own feeling bad he won't be able to help her, but Kim telling him that now is not the time of empathy? What?!). She needs a real doctor. She needs a supportive husband who actually helps out at things and who thinks of her first. 

Maci. Meh. Boring. I don't personally hate her for drinking while pregnant although I don't support it. Theres a lot to the topic that has been discussed here and don't feel like my opinion is necessary. Just find the issue particularly poignant because of the recent CDC report and some interesting critiques I've read on the report.

However, regarding Maci, not a fan of the "do as I say not as I do" style of parenting. Want your kid to pick up his shoes? Set a good example yourself. Don't want your kid knocking up girls when he's a teenager? Practice proper birth control usage. Whoops.

Kyle King may have been less attractive than Ryan and a non bearded Taylor, but he had a job, an education, and knew how to use birth control. As a note- I can't picture Kyle anymore. When I try and picture him, I can only picture Landry from Friday Night Lights (or more recently the meth apprentice on Breaking Bad and the Butcher from Laverne on Fargo, although that was after 50 pounds and some red hair dye were added).

That is my exact thought when I try to picture Kyle (Landry!)

Who went into the house and put a microphone on Farrah before the perfect storm went down?

The producer was wearing the mic.

There is actually a lot of sushi you can eat when you're pregnant (not saying Maci ate one of those).  It just can't be raw, so you can eat the rolls that have crab or shrimp or even just the ones that are all veggie.  Like a cali roll would be safe (I think, unless you can't have fake crab).

Unless you live in Japan, apparently (no recommendation for pregnant women to stop eating sushi).

• Love 7

Butch: it was rude that I went to prison! In all other statements regarding the order, he seemed to take ownership of his decisions...however, this one statement kind of undoes it all for me. Still hate him.

You know when little girls pop their butts out and attempt to walk like that, when they're attempting to imitate the girls in rap videos? Yeah. Farrah looks like that...all the time. So not cute or classy, and I could have lived without seeing her ass cheeks in her LA house hunting shorts.

Debra is a horrible human being. She could have relayed the information about the age of house Farrah is looking for without being a condescending douche queen.

I might get beat a bit for this one but here it goes anyway.  When Butch says it was rude of him to have to go to prison, I'm wondering if it was because battles between him and April were more like mutual combat?  April has always seemed like a future Janelle to me.  One who likes to fight with their man and then call the cops when he gets the upper hand.  The way April had no problem when the original wedding plan was for all of them to stay at the rental house lets me know she had no real fear of Butch.

• Love 9

Tyler just bugs me. I hope he never gets any sort of mental health problems, because he will get no sympathy from me. He was telling ate he gets so mad that SE can't get up am get ready for the day. As a person who does suffer from it is quite hard even on a good day for me to get out of my bed and start my day, you ass. The fact that she like others have said has to not say anything because it makes him angry is so screwedup as well. Way to be a husband. I bet you Dr Panda is going to side step this behavior. My guess is he is going to priqse Tyler for being such a good guy throughout this.

I really feel for Catelynn. I have suffered from severe depression and anxiety and have often thought it would be easier to have a disease like cancer. People (and employers) take that health condition seriously. Mental health, not so much.

• Love 7

As far as Butch and April the one thing I thought was weird was Butch made it sound like "now" there was this order in place, as if it was new. Was the wedding so soon after his release that he snuck it in there before the official paperwork came through? That's the only thing that halfway made any sense to me.

I was kinda thinking that too.  Even though they said it was in effect for his entire probation which would make it seem like it started the moment he stepped out, but you never know.  It did seem like it became a huge deal all of a sudden.  Or maybe he got a warning from his probation officer about it after knowing he was around april at the wedding.

• Love 3

They completely wasted those real estate agents' time in order to get some footage of them looking at homes out of her price range and making snooty remarks.  The same way Farrah was acting like everything in the jewelry store was not worthy of her consideration.  Debra's explanation to Sophia was classic.  She might as well have said  "They work for us so we can treat them like peasants."  Farrah and Debra don't seem to have a grasp of real estate market realities.  They've both tried unsuccessfully to sell houses that are clearly overpriced, and they expect to find exactly what Farrah wants in a house for a price that Farrah wants to pay.  Simon is no better.  "They're asking two million so let's offer one point seven.  Uh-huh, sure Simon.  Smile for the camera.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 4

I might get beat a bit for this one but here it goes anyway.  When Butch says it was rude of him to have to go to prison, I'm wondering if it was because battles between him and April were more like mutual combat?  April has always seemed like a future Janelle to me.  One who likes to fight with their man and then call the cops when he gets the upper hand.  The way April had no problem when the original wedding plan was for all of them to stay at the rental house lets me know she had no real fear of Butch.

I always got that impression as well, that April gave as good as she got but was the one to make the call.

Also, it occurred to me that someone may have had the smarts to clear the whole rental house arrangement with Butch's P.O., or that they fudged it a bit and that Butch was never going to stay at the rental house and was always going to stay at the camp ground, hence hauling a camper on the off chance someone may need space.  This is all wild speculation on my part though.

• Love 3

The producer was wearing the mic.

As soon as Michael walks into the house, he also has a mic on by the way, you can clearly hear Farrah on her own mic before she's even out the door near the producer. Micheal's mic would not have picked her up like that.

• Love 3
Amber. Amber. Who gets stuck with Amber? Maybe Javi. He's learned to block punches.

In turn, let's put Tyler with Kail. He could use a good head shake. 

You nailed it! She was saying to Bentley what she really wanted to say to Taylor and hoping he'd get the hint. Maci shouldn't have been bitching at Bentley at the dinner table, period. IMO, dinnertime should be a pleasant experience for kids and parents to gather and scoldings or discussions about what the kids did wrong that day should take place before or after dinner. The exception to this is if the kid is acting up at the table. That behavior does need to be addressed immediately.

And then she sent him AWAY from the table! I just hope he got to come back down and finish eating. Is she going to send Taylor to bed without supper for not working on the website? No, she'll just laugh and roll her eyes while he downs another beer. 

• Love 3
During Tyler and Catelynn's free meal/dinner date he said that they never get time together. What? Your baby is with her crackhead grandmother 3 nights a week. You have plenty of time to spend together! We know Catelynn's not out of the house during those times. Is Tyler? What's he doing when the baby is at April's and Catelynn is at home chewing her nails? He's not in school. Not working. Not involved in community. No hobbies other than himself.

Excuse me, but that is Tyler's Instagram time. You can't expect him to share the time he spends with thousands of naive teeny boppers with Catelynn as well. 

I might get beat a bit for this one but here it goes anyway.  When Butch says it was rude of him to have to go to prison, I'm wondering if it was because battles between him and April were more like mutual combat?  April has always seemed like a future Janelle to me.  One who likes to fight with their man and then call the cops when he gets the upper hand.  The way April had no problem when the original wedding plan was for all of them to stay at the rental house lets me know she had no real fear of Butch

I thought he meant it was rude of himself to go to prison. Like HE was the rude one, for fucking everyone's life up. This is a guy who spelled Creigslist. 

• Love 1

I thought it was pretty inappropriate that the person who went to jail for domestic violence was allowed to push the baby's face into cake. Everyone looked around quietly like they didn't know what to do but no one told Butch to cut it out.  I wonder if there is a chapter on boundaries in their book.

What is Simon's deal? He was super angry and dismissive of Farrah and now he shows up all nice and ready for marriage somewhat out of the blue. It reminds me of the beginning of a Dateline episode.

Farrah calling the producer white trash was hilarious. I don't get why he was arguing Mtv's side of things except that maybe he is so sick of her shit he just lost it. Her house is the only one with a porta potty, I believe. That speaks volumes.

Ryan seemed like he grew up a bit. I think the glasses are helping.

• Love 4

Until the producer brought up Shelby I thought this scene was going to be about Larry questioning Ryan regarding his late night disappearances and inferring to Ryan that he was suspicious Ryan was going out to get drugs.

I'm thinking she may be going to a free or low cost community center that isn't staffed with properly trained people. I could be wrong but I don't think health insurance reimburses for "counselors" unless they have an M.D., PhD, or Masters in psychology or social work. That woman seems like she took a few psych classes in college and now calls herself a "counselor".

More evidence that proves to me that Farrah's $2 MIL house is all for show: She said that Simon found the house for her and she put ina bid based on photos. Knowing how controlling and picky Farrah is she would never, ever, put a bid in on a house sight unseen. Really, I don't know anyone, picky or not, who would bid on a house they hadn't set foot in, esp one that pricey.

*meekly raises hand.*  I did.  But in my defense, my husband saw it while I was 3 months pregnant and suffering from the stomach flu and I knew if HIS ridiculously picky ass liked it, I'd be just fine there.  We're going on 5 years living there.   But I agree with you, no WAY would Farrah do that.

• Love 2

In this last episode when Ryan dropped off Bentley - didn't Maci say Taylor was at work?

We can agree to disagree, to me it seems obvious by their discussions of how much they have going on that they both have regular jobs outside of filming.

You don't think so, that's ok.

Maci has made some claims over the seasons about various matters. It does not make it true. Her claims of having a degree seem to not be valid. If that girl graduated, we would have seen it somewhere on some social media page or one of her many interviews. Taylor's job is the t shirt business. Nothing wrong with that, but Taylor can barely tolerate doing simple inventory. He never made any claims of working full-time when Maci laid into him about needing his help at home. Usually the guys who work will throw that out there when they get involved in a discussion with their girlfriend about how occupied they are at work while the girl complains about needing help at home.

I believe Taylor worked before he moved to be with Maci after she likely promised him they can set up a business with her money. Taylor does not seem to be the kind of guy who has a whole lot of motivation to work.

Also, this show is highly scripted. Watching Farrah's staged and fake scenes is just one example. The producers are not there to question these people on their bullshit stories. All they care about are ratings. There have been plenty of staged scenes over the seasons.

Maci saying Taylor works is right up there with her claim that she did not know she was 6 months pregnant. She is blatantly being dishonest by covering up her pregnancy with those large shirts she was wearing on the last two episodes. Maci has no credibility in my eyes.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

I might get beat a bit for this one but here it goes anyway.  When Butch says it was rude of him to have to go to prison, I'm wondering if it was because battles between him and April were more like mutual combat?  April has always seemed like a future Janelle to me.  One who likes to fight with their man and then call the cops when he gets the upper hand.  The way April had no problem when the original wedding plan was for all of them to stay at the rental house lets me know she had no real fear of Butch.

No love here for April or Butch, when they were using and tormenting Catelynn about the adoption for sport. Those years were hard even to watch -- can't imagine living them, and unsurprised that Catelynn has continuing issues.  But regarding the fight that led to Butch's imprisonment, I watched that episode recently, and April says that a neighbor called the police.  April also showed Catelynn and Tyler a dent in the bathroom wall where Butch slammed her head (...) and marks on her neck from his choking her with a towel.  April said that Butch was clearly on something and not himself, and that he had never attacked her before (and then the camera cut, interestingly, to Kim's very expressionless face).  While I don't doubt that April and Butch have gotten into it more mutually (and less destructively) in the past, the incident that sent him to prison was apparently violent enough to surprise the whole family.

That said, April's insistence that Butch wasn't himself seems to be how she herself feels about -- she hasn't acted like she's afraid of him, and certainly she seems to have encouraged, and is continuing to encourage, Butch's non-legal relationship with Nick.  

I'm of two minds about Butch's reaction to the parties. Part of me thinks he was trying to take responsibility for the fact that he'd gone to prison and it was his fault; part of me thinks he was deflecting blame and was frustrating he couldn't take part from the start.  But it wouldn't be the extended Lowell-Baltierra-[April's maiden name] clan if there weren't some mumbled, unclear sentiments about past or previous drama, so there's that.

Nova didn't look too happy with the cake.  In general, she looks much more like Catelynn to me, while Carly at that age favored Tyler.  A not-very-nice part of me wonders if that has in an unconscious way affected the way her parents feel about her.  

• Love 4

When Matt was asking Amber what she expected, in a perfect world, how co-parenting would work best, I felt like he was asking so HE'LL know what to expect from her later on down the line when they're no longer together and are co-parenting.

Haven't you heard? Matt doesn't co-parent.  He doesn't even acknowledge the majority of his offspring, although to be fair that's probably fine by those secret children after watching him on this show.  I wouldn't want anyone to know that was my deadbeat dad living off a "Teen Mom" half his age. 

When those two leave the sofa, I think MTV would be there to document the rare occasion, so I agree.  Sounds like they got a contractor dirt cheap.  I had the feeling the walk through with the realtor was probably the first time Amber had been inside it. 

They completely wasted those real estate agents' time in order to get some footage of them looking at homes out of her price range and making snooty remarks.  The same way Farrah was acting like everything in the jewelry store was not worthy of her consideration.  Debra's explanation to Sophia was classic.  She might as well have said  "They work for us so we can treat them like peasants."  Farrah and Debra don't seem to have a grasp of real estate market realities.  They've both tried unsuccessfully to sell houses that are clearly overpriced, and they expect to find exactly what Farrah wants in a house for a price that Farrah wants to pay.  Simon is no better.  "They're asking two million so let's offer one point seven.  Uh-huh, sure Simon.  Smile for the camera.

Farrah and Debra don't seem to have a grasp of real estate market any realities.

Farrah calling the producer white trash was hilarious. I don't get why he was arguing Mtv's side of things except that maybe he is so sick of her shit he just lost it. Her house is the only one with a porta potty, I believe. That speaks volumes.

A few weeks ago on the Aftershow, they showed a short clip of that scene to explain Farrah's absence.  The other girls talked about how close they felt to their respective producers, how they were like one of the family and completely comfortable and welcome in their homes but Farrah won't even let her producers use her bathroom.  She's such a dumbass she doesn't even realize that MTV controls the edit.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

It has been confirmed that Maci and Taylor both have "regular" jobs outside of the t-shirt business and outside of MTV filming.  Maci's is full-time.  Taylor's was part-time originally and after he was there for a while he was able to get on full-time.  

• Love 4

Amber showed more excitement when they found the cat than she has ever shown when Leah is around.

Can't blame the cat for trying to hide. The house is full of yappy dogs that crap everywhere - and Matt -- I'd rather live in the crawl space too.
  • Love 8

It has been confirmed that Maci and Taylor both have "regular" jobs outside of the t-shirt business and outside of MTV filming. Maci's is full-time. Taylor's was part-time originally and after he was there for a while he was able to get on full-time.

Honestly curious, what is Taylor's job?

• Love 4

Emmierose, can I sit next to you? (I make awesome Bloody Marys, or if you don't drink, I also bake!) Your entire post was genius.

Absolutely!!! <Moves over on the sofa>  I'll totally do Bloody Marys if we can sip every time Tyler says "your anxiety".  

• Love 2

I would love to see Farrah with Nathan...purely for the hilariousness that would ensue...

can I just say that I would give an organ to see this?

I'd love to see Farrah live with Barb for a while. I'd be hilarious to see see Barb go off on her, yelling with her accent, telling Farrah we all know her "boooyfriend" is a fake.

I thought it was pretty inappropriate that the person who went to jail for domestic violence was allowed to push the baby's face into cake. Everyone looked around quietly like they didn't know what to do but no one told Butch to cut it out.  I wonder if there is a chapter on boundaries in their book.

THIS. I was really disturbed by the sight of Butch's big hand on her tiny head and him forcing it forward. Had he been a grandpa who hadn't been in prison for DV I would have probably just thought, "What a jerk", but because of the DV I actually felt a little fear well up inside me during that scene. Not that I consciously think Butch would really harm Nova but for me it was an unconscious instinctual reaction knowing his past. Cate did seem a little perturbed about it when she was wiping off Nova's face but she'd never say, "Hey, that wasn't appropriate Butch" since she never speaks up for herself.

Can't blame the cat for trying to hide. The house is full of yappy dogs that crap everywhere - and Matt -- I'd rather live in the crawl space too.

As a cat person my gut is telling me Matt is mean to that cat when the cameras aren't running. Last episode he was scolding the cat and just they way he was holding the cat and talking to it pinged my radar. This episode he called the cat an asshole. Cats have a good instinct as to who is a good person and who is evil. I think the cat senses Matt is evil. Dogs will adapt to and love whoever is petting them/feeding them but you can't "buy off" a cat.

• Love 7