Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E19: Taking Chances / S05.E20: Walk Away

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

What is it with the big ass sectionals? It's a common theme with all these girls. Available seating for the multiple pets, human leeches, and baby daddies?

Maybe it's their stage?  The clean part of the house?   Remember when Amber had her family over to dinner and while there was a dining set behind them, they all sat on the sofa?  This season, I noticed Maci feeding her baby while on the sofa: she had a special highchair/table thing that fit between the cushions.  Weird.  

• Love 2

Not to mention with the exception of Farrah, they all have the SAME couch. Same style, same design. Amber is the exception as she does not have pleather fabric. It is also a different color. Not sure if Maci also has the same couch. I was fixated on her pregnant belly.

• Love 1

Not to mention with the exception of Farrah, they all have the SAME couch. Same style, same design. Amber is the exception as she does not have pleather fabric. It is also a different color. Not sure if Maci also has the same couch. I was fixated on her pregnant belly.

I'm guessing they must be comfy, what with all the time these people spend on them.  I'm sure "comfy couch" tops the list of their most important possessions (that includes children and pets.)

• Love 2

Rent-a-Center? Maybe MTV springs for it so the producers have somewhere to sit besides the floor and still stay out of the shot?

Or Rent-a-Center cause they are all trashy and bad with money and do that kind of thing instead of investing in quality furnishings?

• Love 2

Rent-a-Center? Maybe MTV springs for it so the producers have somewhere to sit besides the floor and still stay out of the shot?

Or Rent-a-Center cause they are all trashy and bad with money and do that kind of thing instead of investing in quality furnishings?

You might not be far off with the Rent-a-Center thing. You got me thinking so I looked up a picture of my daughters couch she rents from Rent-a-Center, a sectional, and it's very similar. LOL!!! Even the same shade of brown.

• Love 3

I find it ironic that Butch admits he was never there for his own kids birthdays,but feels it's so important that he has to be there for his grandchild's birthday.

I know, it's sad. I assume it's because the previous kids' birthdays weren't filmed by anyone but family.

• Love 5

I find it ironic that Butch admits he was never there for his own kids birthdays,but feels it's so important that he has to be there for his grandchild's birthday.

Of course he has to be there for Nova's...it's being televised! :-P 

• Love 2

I must say, I was taken aback when Maci casually asked Taylor for her cornhole.  When I was in school, cornhole meant something altogether different from tossing a beanbag at a board. 

I'm in Iowa and we call it corn hole too.  I once said it to a friend that lives in Washington state and she's like WHAAATTT?!?!  lol 

• Love 2

I'm playing catch up because I have to wait until the episodes make it to Hulu. I just watched the (boring) two- hour season finale and read 4 page of comments but I have to do something productive before I come back and read the rest so I wanted to leave my two cents here for now.

When Maci was telling Taylor that he had to help more and that she couldn't keep staying up until 4 am and getting up at 8 am every day, Taylor very distinctively said "I work an 8 to 5." I don't know what "work" he was talking about but I don't think it's the tshirt business since clearly he couldn't even do that for that one night he was supposed to work on it, and Maci is always shown doing it and complaining that Taylor doesn't, and he doesn't know how to do the things that make it run, so I don't think he works on it much at all. I also don't think he meant filming Teen Mom since that's not an 8 to 5 gig as far as I can tell. I think he was referring to some other job, like an office job (can't imagine him doing manual labor but could be that too). Maybe he was lying or just trying to make himself look good but he definitely said it.

I hate Butch and think he is cut way too much slack by many viewers but I had no issue with the cake scene. I live in an area with a lot of hispanics and have a lot of hispanic friends and that is what they do. I'm not hispanic myself but my husband is part hispanic and most of our friends are half to full hispanic. I have a 1.5 year old son and almost all his friends had their faces pushed into their cake at their first birthday parties because it is a tradition (for every birthday). At my 30th birthday party (yes I'm old) my friends while chanting "La Mordida." It originates from the wedding tradition and, although I knew about it as a birthday party thing, you can imagine my surprise while at my wedding when, after hubby and I fed each other cake to see my (mexican) friend rushing towards me with a piece of cake saying "mordida mordida mordida" and she smooshed it in my face! My sister (not hispanic and we are not from where I currently live) was so mad at her and tried to kick her out of my wedding but luckily I knew it as a tradition at birthday parties and I was mainly just confused.

So anyway. I think this is a tradition and it's just what's done. A search for mordida should put everyone's mind at ease that its' a thing that people do to wish good will/luck on someone and not to be mean or domestically abuse them. :) (I don't mean my comment as snarky as I know that not everyone is familiar with all traditions-- I certainly wouldn't be if I didn't live here and have hispanic friends.) I had never heard of the name Baltierra but it sounds Spanish in origin and Butch looks hispanic to me. So I'm pretty sure that's what he was doing and why. Since Caitlynn and Tyler didn't seem to care/say anything, I'm sure they're used to it or expected it. Unlike me at my wedding, ha ha!

• Love 3

Butch wasn't getting a check to show up for his own childrens' birthdays.

• Love 8

Butch wasn't getting a check to show up for his own childrens' birthdays.

Exactly! His kids' birthdays didn't include TV cameras either.

Frankly, I'm really surprised that Butch isn't back in prison yet. How long has he been out in real time, does anybody know?

• Love 3
Maharincess, on 26 Mar 2016 - 7:37 PM, said:

Exactly! His kids' birthdays didn't include TV cameras either.

Frankly, I'm really surprised that Butch isn't back in prison yet. How long has he been out in real time, does anybody know?

Looks like he was paroled on 8/6/2015. I didn't know his real name is "Darl Lynn".

http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/otis2/otis2profile.aspx?mdocNumber=262573

I see no mention of domestic violence or assault on that page. I thought that was why he went to prison most recently and is on parole (for attacking April).

• Love 1
I'm well aware of the prison situation in California, I'm a public defender who practices here.  ;)

well thanks to all of you for your comments.  I imagine most of us have seen the Cops episodes, with someone crying while the police handcuff their boo, but it's interesting to hear these knowledgeable comments about the law.

I figured Butch must be violating his probation throughout the years; we see him being released from jail, he's around for a few episodes, then gone.  Tyler might remark that "Butch is back in jail", or something but I know it's happened throughout TM OG.

I didn't know his real name is "Darl Lynn".

no wonder he goes by "Butch", huh?  I'm sure he's had to fight his way past that name in jail or prison countless times.

I re-watched this episode last night.  WTF is up with Tyler acting like Butch's no contact order is nothing more than an inconvenience to family times??  There was a reason for that, you dipshit!

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 3
Gary relents and lets Amber take Leah on a trip to Florida because "We don't have any other choice to do."

The "Crimes against the English language" is my favorite part of the recaps.  Farrah is the worst; she tries so hard to sound educated.

• Love 1