Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, crossover said:

People act like Monica L. was a virgin/naive little girl when she stalked Clinton.  She knew to keep the dress wrapped up.  That's conniving.  Yes Clinton should've left her alone but Monica knew what she was doing.  So I don't believe it was sexual harassment.  People forget that women have always used what they have on men in higher positions to better themselves.

Linda Tripp was coaching Monica on how to write a letter to Clinton demanding that he get in touch with her and help her with a new position.   I too am sick and tired of this "little girl in pigtails skipping thru the WH and Bill grabbed her and forced her into the bathroom". Or that because he's the most powerful man in the country, he could make her do what he wanted. FFS did he threaten an air strike on her parents' house? 

STFU Mika. You had an affair with a married man on national tv. 

Back to PigGate - pigs don't screech and vomit because they love you, Mika. 

Why are they on Colbert this week? If she is hawking that San Francisco Know Your Value I will lose my shit.  "Come out to the coast, we'll get together have a few laughs".  Famous last words. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Eliot said:

Someone asked on a Twitter thread yesterday “What gives you PTSD from election night 2016?” and people responded with the food they had been eating that they couldn’t eat again, the music they’d been listening to, etc.

For me, it’s Kornacki’s voice. My whole body tenses up when I hear him.

When I get super stressed I watch the last half of Season 6 and all of Season 7 of The West Wing and day dream that I'm helping get Matt Santos elected President. It's very relaxing.   Because I know how it ends. 

• Love 1

Wait, they brought up Monica Lewinsky this morning?  It's October, 2018.  Very impressive.  Who knew it was the original sin?
Sasse can suck it.  Bork was a hyper partisan ideologue who would have ruined lives for a majority of Americans.  If he had been a Supreme Court judge, many many women I know in the 80s would now have 30 year old children, and there would be no way we'd have had a black president.  I also like how he just didn't mention Merrick Garland.  Fuck him and his easy going manner.

• Love 11

Scarborough, once again, brings up the Democrat's disastrous 2016 election cycle, because the American people can never be held responsible for 1) not bothering to vote or 2) voting for a party that runs on racism, sexism, jingoism, and stealing as much money as possible from the most people. And of course, whenever Joe starts harping on the Ds and 2016, he never brings up voter suppression, gerrymandering, misinformation, hacking, James Comey, Russian intervention, or GOP collusion with a foreign power. 

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

Scarborough, once again, brings up the Democrat's disastrous 2016 election cycle, because the American people can never be held responsible for 1) not bothering to vote or 2) voting for a party that runs on racism, sexism, jingoism, and stealing as much money as possible from the most people. And of course, whenever Joe starts harping on the Ds and 2016, he never brings up voter suppression, gerrymandering, misinformation, hacking, James Comey, Russian intervention, or GOP collusion with a foreign power. 

Hey Joe!! Over 17,000 registered voters in Wisconsin were prevented from voting by the state's voter ID law, and Trump won by 22,748 votes. When you bring up a topic, you might want to know what the fuck you're talking about. Like how in North Dakota the state is trying to keep Native Americans from voting, so they have to scramble to get IDs with street names on them.  YOUR PARTY is doing this. You can claim you aren't a Republican, but until you address this type of bullshit, you have that Scarlett R emblazoned on your forehead.  

Why quote facts when you and the Pig Torturer can spew your bullshit to your audience of one. Yeah we know your game, you repeat the stupid shit Trump says trying to get him to tweet about you again.  

• Love 11

It would be informative (I know it's not in their wheelhouse) to spend an hour watching Chris Hayes with Michael Moore talking to voters in Flint MI. The show aired a couple of weeks ago.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, crossover said:

People act like Monica L. was a virgin/naive little girl when she stalked Clinton.  She knew to keep the dress wrapped up.  That's conniving.  Yes Clinton should've left her alone but Monica knew what she was doing.  So I don't believe it was sexual harassment.  People forget that women have always used what they have on men in higher positions to better themselves.

KYV? ;)

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, stormy said:

It would be informative (I know it's not in their wheelhouse) to spend an hour watching Chris Hayes with Michael Moore talking to voters in Flint MI. The show aired a couple of weeks ago.

Or Rachel Maddow. It's a master class in political science and history.

As opposed to your expertise in  applying bronzing contouring highlighter and abusing animals and/or lying about your affiliation to the Republican Party, your personal history, and just basic facts. 

Assholes. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, stormy said:

But...but....it was so much more instructive to watch Jacob Soboroff interview Trump voters on Staten Island and hear how much they love him.

Because, you know, the media NEVER pays any attention to Trump voters.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

Anyway millenium, I think we will all get more interested the day before the midterms.  For now, I just can't listen to much news, too much is riding on this and I can't absorb it all.  I need out for awhile.

I haven't watched for about a week now, and my day is better for it.

Putting distance between myself and the Bunkersons has given me some perspective.    I came to realize that Joe and the panel are just glorified fanboys.  They play a clip or two from the daily shitshow, offer their shallow thoughts, talk about Star Wars, then move on to the next clip.

I have no time for fanboys.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 7

What is the matter with these people?  The whole he's not fit to be president is a waste of time.  He's there, he's going to be there till 2024, most likely and the republicans are thrilled about all of this.  They're getting everything they dreamed of for eight years and they are complicit with everything he does and says because no one has any reason to say no.

So Mika, stop with the 25th amendment BS.

Edited by stormy
Spelling
  • Love 6

"You shut down the government because you felt perhaps people had too much healthcare" . . . God I love Beto O'Rourke, I wish we could clone him and scatter him around our great nation to help pull us out of this morass we are in.  How bad did Cruz look in that clip, made my whole morning as there is nothing else that would make me happier then to see him voted out of office.

• Love 10

"You shut down the government because you felt perhaps people had too much healthcare" . . . God I love Beto O'Rourke, I wish we could clone him and scatter him around our great nation to help pull us out of this morass we are in.  How bad did Cruz look in that clip, made my whole morning as there is nothing else that would make me happier then to see him voted out of office.

I was LIVING for that clip!!  I feel the same way.  I actually would take Trump for more years to see Cruz's smarmy mug out of there.  You listen to Beto, hear his ideas and wonder what the hell is wrong with Texas.

7:10 AM:  What the hell is a donnybrook?  I don't even feel like Googling it, I feel limp.

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

donnybrook

A heated argument, a fight of some kind usually on the more severe side.  Goodness that is an oldie, who used that term?

And the best part of that Beto clip was the look he threw Cruz when he said it.  You can shoot that guy directly into my veins!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, millennium said:

Putting distance between myself and the Bunkersons has given me some perspective.

Oh, man, that is perfect! I grew up listening to the Bickersons because the parents loved that album. These two mutts managed some lighthearted bickering occasionally, and it's a shame that Joey put an end to it by deciding that correcting her and snarling at her  was a better fit. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Oh, man, that is perfect! I grew up listening to the Bickersons because the parents loved that album. These two mutts managed some lighthearted bickering occasionally, and it's a shame that Joey put an end to it by deciding that correcting her and snarling at her  was a better fit. 

Thank you for catching the reference  ;)

• Love 3

Oh god. Now Joe is letting Mika have a shot at a scripted rant. Hilariously she can’t summon her “tone of outrage” with an illusion of extemporaneous speech while stumbling through reading the scripted rant rant off the TelePrompTer. Hahaaaa

• Love 5

I love how Mika rattles off a litany of sins and crimes that Trump and his Administration have committed and then she says, all that needs to happen to check him is for Democrats to show up and vote. But then, she stops there and mentions nothing about voter suppression, polls being closed in neighborhoods, voters being told to get off a bus that's taking them to vote, voters who are having their addresses made invalid, who are having their names challenged, being asked for IDs they were never asked for before. Why wouldn't they talk about that next? Because then they can't blame Democrats for not showing up. Democrats don't need to just show up; they need to show up in the masses in order to overcome this blatant suppression by GOP governors, secretaries of state, legislatures, and courts. And then, they need like minded independents and the two or three moderate Republicans left in America to vote for Dems.

• Love 11

Wait, what?  I missed (ignored) the first two hours of the show but tuned in at the top of the last hour.  It said "Live" at the bottom of the screen and Meeks said something about "and still with us" Heidi amongst others but now the "live" indicator is gone.  Does anyone know if this half hour is the usual repeat and now they are taping intros to make them look like they are there and have any interest in this show aside from pulling a check?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, novhappy said:

Oh god. Now Joe is letting Mika have a shot at a scripted rant. Hilariously she can’t summon her “tone of outrage” with an illusion of extemporaneous speech while stumbling through reading the scripted rant rant off the TelePrompTer. Hahaaaa

I wish I had seen that.  That's some good snarky hatewatching right there.  Satisfying.  Like a good pull off of a perfectly brewed mug of morning Joe.
They should incorporate "hatewatching" into their promos.  I bet they'd get more viewers for a while and would blow up the internetz.

• Love 5

I can't say I regret turning MJ off after three minutes this morning. 

The show immediately opened with highlights of last night's baseball game. I really didn't give a damn where it was going to go from there.

After ready today's recaps, I didn't miss anything.

• Love 4
On 10/15/2018 at 10:18 PM, millennium said:

You guys still watch this show?

I’ve been out since they showed their true fake tan colors re: Ford and the Kavanaugh debacle. I gave it the ol’ [Mika’s father got her into prep school and both colleges] try, but my day is so much better without them. They’re both really so inadequately prepared and ill-informed. And Mika should honestly be embarrassed about what she [doesn’t] bring/s to the table; the fact she isn’t blows my mind. Ever since Zbig passed and the Daddy she aimed to please switched from him to Joe she’s been so off tilt. It was fascinating to watch until it wasn’t. 

• Love 9

Was I over reacting in horror when Barnicle asked Joaquin Castro if people should believe someone who looked like him re the immigration situation/kids in cages/separated from parents. 

No, Mike ask some lily white Midwestern woman.  I'm sure she's been pulled over and asked for her papers and proof of citizen ship and had her child torn from her arms. 

JFC

1 hour ago, XOQueens said:

You guys still watch this show?

For a couple minutes at 6 am til I turn on dvr and watch something recorded, or the rerun of that at 8 am so I can keep track of time when I get ready to leave. Otherwise. no. 

• Love 2

I do miss mocking the hosts and panel but after the Kavanaugh fiasco it wasn't fun anymore.   All kinds of ugly shit is being normalized these days, and these two are part of it.   They always have been.    The shift towards "Independent" was for the good of their brand only.   Maybe Scarborough feels it's okay to stop faking Connecticut sensibilities now that he's moved away.

I wonder if they have even the slightest awareness that they are not fooling us.

• Love 8

I usually like Heidi P, but she annoyed me this morning. The Khashoggi murder is horrible, but she seemed to be going for some sort of a mystery angle, e.g., “What was he working on? Was he about to publish something?”

No, Heidi. He was critical of a thin-skinned despot and that was enough to get him tortured and killed. 

• Love 3

This show is incoherent.  Top of the hour sports.  Followed by trump inciting his followers at a rally.  Then frustration with Democrats.  At one point Joe had a one-on-one conversation with Willie?  And that was all in less than 25 minutes.  I couldn't even keep up,

Did they even talk about trump's dangerous praising of a congressman that threw down a reporter last year and got his supporters whopping and clapping?   I had to mute a lot of the first 25 minutes.

• Love 1

I happened to turn it on right when Joe was stating that Democrats don't fight and he once ran up against an opponent who kept "lying" about him and took the guy aside and said stop it or I will kick you in the face til your family doesn't recognize you. Mika and Willie looked horrified. Joe kind of chuckled and said "oh I meant figuratively". 

What the fuck. How does this jackass have a tv show? He just did what Congressmen have been run out of office for threatening to do to opponents. 

Remember that little weasel from NY who said he'd throw the reporter over the bannister? 

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

I happened to turn it on right when Joe was stating that Democrats don't fight and he once ran up against an opponent who kept "lying" about him and took the guy aside and said stop it or I will kick you in the face til your family doesn't recognize you. Mika and Willie looked horrified. Joe kind of chuckled and said "oh I meant figuratively". 

What the fuck. How does this jackass have a tv show? He just did what Congressmen have been run out of office for threatening to do to opponents. 

Remember that little weasel from NY who said he'd throw the reporter over the bannister? 

And that right there is what made me scream at my TV.

In one segment, Joe is lambasting the Dems for not having a message and focusing solely on Trump; here he is lambasting them for not responding to every lie Trump and the Republicans are spouting.

• Love 2
On 10/18/2018 at 3:01 PM, millennium said:

All kinds of ugly shit is being normalized these days, and these two are part of it.   They always have been.  

I will never ever forgive JoMeeka for the role they played in getting tRump elected.  They had him on the phone nearly everyday during the election, while also dissing Hillary constantly.  They knew DT's segments were probably drawing viewers, and since they 'knew' he wouldn't win, they followed the money.  And now they get highly pissed if anyone even mentions their part in the whole fiasco of the tRump presidency.  It was all fun and games to them until the human turnip  turned his wrath on them - particularly Meeks.  Well, you ignorant twits, you reap what you sow.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 6

I turned the show off after the first half hour but not soon enough to hear Joe describe the horrific torture and killing of Jamal Kashogghi.

This man has a family and American born children. No one that watches MJ needs to hear this. We are not the people you have to convince, Joe.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 2

Yeah, the show was pretty schizophrenic this morning. They have on Chuck Schumer and Tom Perez to talk about the Democratic message and then in the next segment Mika opens with how Democrats are all over the place and don't have a message. Was she responding to what they had just said? Did she forget what they had just said? Was it old segment they keep rerunning all morning, despite who the guests are and what they just said?

Then, we have Joe and Company bemoaning that the Democrats don't fight back when Trump goes low (which is all the time). Then Eddie Glaude (I think) responds that when Dems do fight back -- i.e., Eric Holder's and Cory Booker's comments -- they're called uncivil, if not an out-and-out a mob! So, the Dems are put in a place where they can never win. They're either uncivil or they don't fight. Which is it? What do you want, for cryin' out loud!?

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

Which is it? What do you want, for cryin' out loud!?

They want to blame Democrats for everything.  It's the D's fault the Republicans are assholes because Democrats don't make them stop being assholes!!!  It's the D's fault Trump lies because they don't make him stop lying.   They're gas lighting their viewers just like Trump gaslights his cult. 

Do Joe & Mika talk about all the voter suppression?  Or the lying about the ACA? R's new little scheme is to say they'll keep it, becos they know that's utmost important, and then they'll turn around and gut it if they keep the House. 

No. They have their own little narrative and can't deviate from it, because God forbid they actually do some work that doesn't involve MLB, calling Trump pathetic,  or Mika conning women with GOOP like advice. 

Wouldn't you take the easy route if you had a contract for several million and didn't have to do anything but show up and babble for 2 hours? 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Abiding Dude said:

Glad to see Chuck Schumer refute this morning's dreary "Democrats don't have a message" diatribe. Dunno about that tie tho.

It's not, as Scarborough says, that the Democrats don't have a message.

It's that the Democrats don't have an egomaniac with a megaphone in every American living room broadcasting that message day and night.

• Love 6

The other thing that's so annoying about the whole "Dems don't have a message/Dems don't have a leader" rant is that JOE IS THE ONE WHO IS ALWAYS SAYING that Dems need to run candidates who are "district appropriate." So how does a Democrat in Mississippi align with a national party that's more progressive than his or her district?

His hypocrisy and inconsistency are just mind boggling at times.

• Love 5
On 10/16/2018 at 9:35 AM, teddysmom said:

When I get super stressed I watch the last half of Season 6 and all of Season 7 of The West Wing and day dream that I'm helping get Matt Santos elected President. It's very relaxing.   Because I know how it ends. 

I remember reading that the writers knew of Obama at the time, ( He was a newly elected Senator in Nov 2004) which fits the timeline of the show.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:49 PM, Eliot said:

The other thing that's so annoying about the whole "Dems don't have a message/Dems don't have a leader" rant is that JOE IS THE ONE WHO IS ALWAYS SAYING that Dems need to run candidates who are "district appropriate." So how does a Democrat in Mississippi align with a national party that's more progressive than his or her district?

His hypocrisy and inconsistency are just mind boggling at times.

Very good point

On 10/19/2018 at 4:33 PM, millennium said:

It's not, as Scarborough says, that the Democrats don't have a message.

It's that the Democrats don't have an egomaniac with a megaphone in every American living room broadcasting that message day and night.

True, but why doesn't MSNBC focus on more issues that people care about rather than Trump's latest twitter rant. I can't watch cable news anymore because they just focus on Trump .

• Love 1
On 10/19/2018 at 9:54 AM, Ladyrain said:

I will never ever forgive JoMeeka for the role they played in getting tRump elected.  They had him on the phone nearly everyday during the election, while also dissing Hillary constantly.  They knew DT's segments were probably drawing viewers, and since they 'knew' he wouldn't win, they followed the money.  And now they get highly pissed if anyone even mentions their part in the whole fiasco of the tRump presidency.  It was all fun and games to them until the human turnip  turned his wrath on them - particularly Meeks.  Well, you ignorant twits, you reap what you sow.

I used to call the show Morning Trump when I was recapping it in 2015 & 2016

On 10/19/2018 at 6:19 AM, Eliot said:

Joe is screeching that the Democrats don’t have a message. Then in the next breath he screeches that they're not attacking Trump when he lies.

whuch is it?

Joe's hair is almost as in bad shape as Trump's

• Love 3

I know the news is depressing, but waking up to the people on this show kvetching about all being lost constantly isn’t exactly inspiring.  

Edited by revbfc
  • Love 6

I know the news is depressing, but waking up to the people on this show kvetching about all being lost constantly isn’t exactly inspiring.

It helps to know that none of these people are actual Democrats, and that includes Mika, but many of them are "former" Republicans. 

• Love 5

It also helps to remember that Joe (in particular) and Mika (because she isn’t given to original thought) are actually Trumpists. They showed us who they were during the election. They had some personal issues but politically - tax cuts, ACA repeal - Joe is where Trump is. 

Edited by may flowers
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, may flowers said:

It also helps to remember that Joe (in particular) and Mika (because she isn’t given to original thought) are actually Trumpists. They showed us who they were during the election. They had some personal issues but politically - tax cuts, ACA repeal - Joe is where Trump is. 

Agree.  Greedy wants more. 

• Love 2

I turned it on for a sec around 6:45 and it sounded like Mika was trying to sing the news. Her voice kept going up and down, and she apparently has forgotten how to read.  If she was just a newsreader for a cable channel and not f***ing the host of a show, she'd be fired.  

And again Joe with the Dems have no message.  No thanks. 

My God the only people they had on the panel this morning, when I had it on two of them Kornacki and Amin (?) are actual MSNBC employees, and then Kristen whatshername, the Republican strategist.  #sad

Maybe they can get Mika's dog to come on.

• Love 8

Mr. .Kemper looked up from his paper this morning (we are back to being in the same room from 6-9) and commented that Joe sure does like to hear himself talk.  When he went to get another cup of coffee I grabbed the remote and switched to CBS This Morning.  It is almost not even rewarding to poke fun at these two anymore.  But what was nice was that CBS had on former General McCristal (sorry if that is spelled incorrectly) and it was so refreshing to realize that at least one of the hosts had read his book, they didn't get into the current political climate too much.  All panelists were there and engaged.  Imagine that.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Mr. .Kemper looked up from his paper this morning (we are back to being in the same room from 6-9) and commented that Joe sure does like to hear himself talk.  When he went to get another cup of coffee I grabbed the remote and switched to CBS This Morning.  It is almost not even rewarding to poke fun at these two anymore.  But what was nice was that CBS had on former General McCristal (sorry if that is spelled incorrectly) and it was so refreshing to realize that at least one of the hosts had read his book, they didn't get into the current political climate too much.  All panelists were there and engaged.  Imagine that.

Agree even the hate watching isn't fun any more.  It's too aggravating and we have enough of that just in current events. 

Joe & Mika can do nothing but rail against Trump, and I'm starting to think it's just the "Clean Up Our Image" tour.   

I did notice they're having another coffee jam in FL, apparently where they now live permanently. I'd say they're letting the contract expire w/o renewing, but the two of them love the adoration they've deluded themselves into believing they have because 20 retirees happen to be at a coffee shop where they're sitting on bar stools with Barnicle and Elise Jordan. 

"Shirley, why can't we sit at our regular table? What's with all these cameras? Goddammit all I wanted was to come in here and have breakfast, let's go to Denny's" . 

• Love 3