Type keyword(s) to search

Morning Joe: All Episodes Talk

Message added by dubbel zout

Discussion of the hosts regarding a specific episode is fine here, but generalized discussion of the hosts go in the The Hosts Thread: Joe and Mika Know Their Value. 

• Start Topic

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:15 AM, oakville said:

Mika said that Trump was brilliant to go after Hillary for Bill Clinton's infidelity with her & Monica Lewinsky.

Really? Did she actually use the word "brilliant" because I personally thought it was crass and highly hypocritical. Apparently all the kids in glass houses throw bricks now. Did either Joe or Mike point out that Trump isn't the poster boy for fidelity? Well...of course not,  they aren't in a position to speak on that. Did Miss "know your value" mention point out how deplorable it is to hold one spouse's infidelities against the other spouse. People cheat and their spouses often decide to ride the marriage out for whatever the reason. Did it really have any bearing on her ability to be president, and if it did, what the hell does that say about Trump's behavior vis a vis his wives?

10 hours ago, navelgazer said:

Watching that last segment with Senator Blumenthal and the discussion afterwards, I felt like it was deja vu all over again.  They wore a new rut in their lengthy -- interminable -- discussion of HRC and the emails, just like they did back before the election.  (The ghost of Arms Greenspan could almost be seen hovering over the table.)

Did they discuss anything to do with Twitler and the investigation of the Russian hacking/influencing/theft of the 2016 election?  Well, I guess since Comey can't talk about the grand juries and the Russian hackers Comey has grabbed overseas with the FISA warrants he got, there's no news.  Twitler, Flynn, et. al. aren't possibly guilty of treason, nothing to see here, let's move along.  

...as I continue banging my forehead against brick wall despite the bloody forehead.  

ALL OF THIS! Please take care with your forehead, Navelgazer, I find that yelling and cussing at the TV is much less painful, and it gets my blood going in the morning. Think of it as aerobics without all of that pesky sweat. Mika is very, very passionate about the emails and server. I remember deciding to take a hiatus from watching this show because I wanted to hear about more than polls and emails at 6AM. Hillary has her faults and her handling of the server scandal was sloppy, but it wasn't worth all of the scolding and hand wringing and tsk-tsking that this crew gave it.

10 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I couldn't get a handle on why everyone was having a meltdown. I thought we knew from the last time Comey made one of his OH LORDY CONCEAL OR SPEAK announcements that there wasn't classified info in the emails, and that Huma was sending them to the home laptop so SHE could print them, not so Anthony could. 

That's what I thought, too. In fact I thought that he made that clear in the pre-election day news conference. I understand how conflicted he may have been - OH LORDY! - but I still contend that he could have waited until the emails had been examined before going public, and I don't believe for one minute that it was unfair to alert the public of the Trump campaign investigation, too.

23 hours ago, oakville said:

She took time off to "refresh" herself with a new face & breast augmentation. She was happy with the results & was able to make a comeback at MSNBC.

That was a good move, Mika looks great! Perhaps she can refer Comey to her plastic surgeon. Oh Lordy, dude needs an eye lift.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Rickster said:

I also remember the quote Oakville is talking about where Mika admits to having work done. Don't recall if it was in the book or somewhere else. 

There was an article in the NY Times recently about a "plastic surgeon to the stars" who said the trend for actors and media personalities these days is for frequent small tweaks to their looks rather than anything as blatent as a facelift, so the differences are only apparent over time-probably the route Mika took.

I don't know if she had breast augmentation, but every once in a while, you can tell that she's been injected with Botox and line fillers, because her face looks a little out of whack on screen.  

I have a huge aversion to cosmetic procedures, probably because I also watch soaps and the more mature ladies have overdone it (and, to be fair, likely have HAD to overdo it to remain employed). That said, most of what Mika has done is fairly subtle. While I can often tell when she's had a touch-up, her face doesn't look like it's going to burst. It's just a little too stiff and a trifle bloated for a week or so, then it relaxes. 

Now I feel icky for talking about another woman like this, so I'll shut up. 

• Love 1

From the PEOPLE article:

Another source added, “Mika turned 50 and realized she wanted to move forward with her life and spend every minute with Joe, and not just at work.”

I can't imagine anything worse than spending 24/7 with your spouse, especially at work, especially on live TV, and  especially if he is Joe Scarborough, but you do you, Mika.

• Love 15

She may also be more vulnerable at her age to someone who looks at her with desire.

Even if that someone is now going to be marrying for the third time.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, General Days said:

I don't know if she had breast augmentation, but every once in a while, you can tell that she's been injected with Botox and line fillers, because her face looks a little out of whack on screen.  

I have a huge aversion to cosmetic procedures, probably because I also watch soaps and the more mature ladies have overdone it (and, to be fair, likely have HAD to overdo it to remain employed). That said, most of what Mika has done is fairly subtle. While I can often tell when she's had a touch-up, her face doesn't look like it's going to burst. It's just a little too stiff and a trifle bloated for a week or so, then it relaxes. 

Now I feel icky for talking about another woman like this, so I'll shut up. 

The "frumpy" photos that she referred to in her book show that she had a bigger nose as well. These photos were taken when she was at CBS.

7 hours ago, scrb said:

She may also be more vulnerable at her age to someone who looks at her with desire.

Even if that someone is now going to be marrying for the third time.

Joe acknowledged recently being smitten with Mika 's top of the hour news updates when he was hosting Scarborough Country. Joe has been after Mika for many years.

I would love to see Dr Z's reaction to Mika's engagement.

• Love 2
(edited)

Friday Recap. Joe is in the Bunker wearing a suit with a red tie.Mika is in the studio wearing a navy blue cardigan sweater with a black top.

The panel is very upset that the GOP passed the healthcare bill. Joe doesn't like tax cuts on wealthy people .

Joe said he is worried about people losing healthcare.

Many insurance companies are pulling out of the Insurance markets.

Donne Deutshe called the GOP a bunch of fat middle aged white guys celebrating with bud light.

Would Donny dare make rude comments about overweight congressmen if they were of another racial group?

That's pretty lazy commentary Donnie?

Tim Ryan wants medicare down to 55. This will open jobs for younger people. He was challenging Nancy Pelosi for her job.

Australian Ambassador showed up to say hello. He ikes the USA & Australia is friendly. Trump was very nice to them last night.

Obama is a different character than Trump.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 3

Thanks for the Friday recap, oakville.  After yesterday's obscene republican victory lap, I couldn't stomach this show first thing in the morning.

• Love 3
(edited)

Would Donny dare make rude comments about overweight congressmen if they were of another racial group?

That's pretty lazy commentary Donnie?

Donnie was spot on and I'm glad he said it. That display was truly disgusting and those assholes deserve every insult - lazy or otherwise - that gets thrown at them.

After yesterday's obscene republican victory lap, I couldn't stomach this show first thing in the morning.

FWIW, the entire panel was pretty horrified by what happened yesterday. Even Joe was disgusted, beyond the terrible politics. He has a child with autism and can at least understand what less wealthy parents are facing now.

Edited by Eliot
  • Love 13
(edited)
9 hours ago, scrb said:

Not sure why this is a function of her age. A lot of people of all ages and genders are smitten when someone expresses romantic interest in them. 

The Aussie ambassador was a bit of a boob, saying Trump had good values.

I'm getting sick of people - the ambassador, Harold Ford a few days ago - who now claim they saw Trump happening last spring. I don't remember Ford making a peep suggesting that all last year.

Edited by Mumbles
(edited)

Donnie was spot on and I'm glad he said it. That display was truly disgusting and those assholes deserve every insult - lazy or otherwise - that gets thrown at them.

Agreed agreed agreed. It was of the poorest taste imaginable.  Like a bunch of overgrown frat boys/with a few girls thrown in.  I wish they would just keep the ACA, improve it and then just re name it The Trump Republican Care Act. that's all any of them want, is a bill with THEIR name on it. (and the Medicaid subsidy money to be used for their corporate rate tax cut)

Mika reacted weirdly about the fondue maker they gave as an engagement gift.  Like no one knew about it already?? 

Bernie Sanders replay from last night about Trump effusively praising Australian healthcare when its socialized medicine was great!

Edited by WhineandCheez
  • Love 7

Because I have no life and notice these things, I always enjoyed the shots of sunrise over Manhattan and DC around the commercial breaks.  Now I'm seeing stills of Joe & Mika frolicking in hallways and stairways.

Um...OK.

• Love 6

t's the new power couple like Carville & Matalin.

Was thinking the same thing. If Carville & Matalin can make it work, I guess Joe & Mika can give it a shot.  I've heard that in private, Mary Matalin is a very nice person, and isn't as strident in her views as she appears to be on tv.   

Another source added, “Mika turned 50 and realized she wanted to move forward with her life and spend every minute with Joe, and not just at work.”

I can't imagine anything worse than spending 24/7 with your spouse, especially at work, especially on live TV, and  especially if he is Joe Scarborough, but you do you, Mika.

Me too. OMG I couldn't take someone 24 hours a day.  When we have bad weather in the winter and I'm stuck inside even my dog and I are like, YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.  

I was thinking yesterday, I don't know what is wrong with me, but for some sick reason I'm really happy for Joe & Mika.  I may need an intervention, guys!! 

• Love 5

She's marrying Joe Scarborough.  That's disgusting.  Everything about this is disgusting.

Mika has less weight and gravitas than Mary Matalin's naval lint.  If a frosted cupcake sat next to Joe on the table, it's roughly the equivalent of the value she brings to the show.

• Love 12

I hope Joe plans for a truckload of Big Macs to be served at the reception. When I still watched occasionally he seemingly would drive her crazy talking about McDonalds and Big Macs. Guess that was their on-air foreplay.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Wow.

They really were fucking each other.

Uh huh.?

38 minutes ago, Landsnark said:

She's marrying Joe Scarborough.  That's disgusting.  Everything about this is disgusting.

Mika has less weight and gravitas than Mary Matalin's naval lint.  If a frosted cupcake sat next to Joe on the table, it's roughly the equivalent of the value she brings to the show.

I love your analogy.

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Was thinking the same thing. If Carville & Matalin can make it work, I guess Joe & Mika can give it a shot.  I've heard that in private, Mary Matalin is a very nice person, and isn't as strident in her views as she appears to be on tv.   

Me too. OMG I couldn't take someone 24 hours a day.  When we have bad weather in the winter and I'm stuck inside even my dog and I are like, YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY.  

I was thinking yesterday, I don't know what is wrong with me, but for some sick reason I'm really happy for Joe & Mika.  I may need an intervention, guys!! 

The difference is that I don't believe that Carville and Matalin were ever on TV together for 3 hours a day.

I'm actually happy for them too. We'll see if it lasts, but they seem happy right now. At the end of today's show there was a nice clear shot of Mika's ring, I like it. If Joe picked it out by himself he did a good job.

• Love 2

I think what makes Carville and Matalin work is that I suspect neither of them really deeply care about the shit either spouts. He hasn't worked a campaign since 1992. She did a stint in the Bush White House about 13 years ago but hasn't been involved in politics since. I think for them, it's an act. Russert ate their shit up and gave them practically a weekly outlet for their demented Punch and Judy shtick for fifteen years. If it weren't for Russert, they would be an answer to an obscure political trivia question.

I do think that to an extent, however, Mika and Joe kinda believe what they say. Especially Mika, who sometimes gets quite emotional. So we shall see.  Good luck to them, sincerely. If they can make each other happy, mazel tov.

• Love 1

Russert ate their shit up and gave them practically a weekly outlet for their demented Punch and Judy shtick for fifteen years. If it weren't for Russert, they would be an answer to an obscure political trivia question.I think it's the idea of that sweet diamond ring and a trip to the South of France. 

Agree. They were kind of a novelty act. 

I do think Joe & Mika believe what they say.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Not sure why this is a function of her age. A lot of people of all ages and genders are smitten when someone expresses romantic interest in them. 

Menopausal age, so she may be insecure about her desirability.

As it happens I saw season 3 of Catastrophe on Amazon where one of the characters played by Ashley Jensen is undergoing a divorce and decides she needs some cosmetic surgery done when she's dating again.  She's around 50 as well.

The plastic surgeon tells her that she doesn't need any work, that she looks fine.  So of course they start dating.  But then her estranged husband threatens the plastic surgeon, who decides to break up with her.

Then she goes on about how she really enjoyed BJs with that guy, for the first time in a long time and says lines for comic effect.

Anyways, there's an element of the menopausal woman being grateful about male attention.

18 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Oh lordy.  They're already starting off with enough strikes against them:  Multiple exes fallen by the wayside; a dead intern; he's an emotional bully (maybe physical, too); she's an emotional doormat; they're from opposing political backgrounds; yada yada yada.   Let's not compound the problems by throwing tRump into the mix.  I hope she - for once - sticks to her 'principles' and insists on keeping their distance.

My first reaction when I read about this "blessed event," was to silently ask Miss "Know Your Value" what is it about Joe's history and personality that screams:  "husband material?!"

Enjoy the "low life" while you can, girl!  Oh, and I don't want to hear nary a peep anymore from neither you nor your "prince" about the Clintons' marriage.  Just, no.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, Eliot said:

FWIW, the entire panel was pretty horrified by what happened yesterday. Even Joe was disgusted, beyond the terrible politics. He has a child with autism and can at least understand what less wealthy parents are facing now.

As someone who stands to lose most if not all of my health insurance now, I took some comfort in the realistic outlook of the panel this morning.   It's good to know there are still people in the Republican party who refuse to put party affiliation ahead of being an American, or a human being.   The picture they showed of the "fat white guys" (with the fattest of them all front and center), accompanied by reports of them celebrating with cigars and Bud Light, reminded me of 19th-century mill owners, toasting their own wealth as millions work themselves to death for pennies.

I hope they burn in hell.

• Love 19

I'm glad that Halperin wasn't on this morning because he would have been cynically smirking about how this would affect midterms. Which is a conversation to be had, I suppose, but not right now. (For that reason I found the "Na na Hey Hey Goodbye" singing by the Dems a bit distasteful. This isn't about elections right now.) As it stood the panel did speak thoughtfully and passionately about the horrific results of this bill. Donnie especially was great. And Rep. Ryan from Ohio was great on that too. I'm glad they had a progressive on.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, scrb said:

Menopausal age, so she may be insecure about her desirability...

Anyways, there's an element of the menopausal woman being grateful about male attention.

This "menopausal woman" finds your comment incredibly offensive.

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Mumbles said:

I'm glad that Halperin wasn't on this morning because he would have been cynically smirking about how this would affect midterms. Which is a conversation to be had, I suppose, but not right now. (For that reason I found the "Na na Hey Hey Goodbye" singing by the Dems a bit distasteful. This isn't about elections right now.) As it stood the panel did speak thoughtfully and passionately about the horrific results of this bill. Donnie especially was great. And Rep. Ryan from Ohio was great on that too. I'm glad they had a progressive on.

I thought the singing was highly inappropriate.   As was Republicans and media repeatedly describing the vote as a "win."  Why is everything that now goes Trump's way described as a "win?"

1312939815_charlie-sheen-winning-tshirt.

This isn't a fucking game.   It's life and death.   

Morning Joe's discussion of the potential political fallout feeds my schadenfraude but at the end of the day it won't cover me if and when the time comes that I need serious medical care.

• Love 4

"He was glowing when I saw him...it just showed how desperately he needed a win." 

Wow. 

Thank you, Joe, for saying that this is not about winning. It's about humanity. And for talking about the "optics" of what went down yesterday as wrong. You know, if you really think that, you have a pulpit. You can really focus on this issue. Because over twenty million people stand to die and the congress celebrated that, you don't have to worry about getting ratings if you focus on this exclusively, all right? 

Was so sad to see the stone faces of Mika, Willie and Sam Stein when they interviewed Scalise, who of course did his song and dance (gee, hope he's not too hungover from the Bud Light). Their seriousness said more to me than anything else. This isn't parlor talk political entertainment. I hope they remember that. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, scrb said:

Wow.   Just wow.

FYI, It has much more to do with a woman's personality and self esteem than her age.  

I  hope they burn in hell.

Oh, they will. 

• Love 3

Ford Jr did express concern about Hillary possibly losing Michigan before the election. No one thought Trump would get over 300 electoral votes.

I dare Donny to fat shame 

An African American or Latino or Asian the next time he is on the show.

(edited)

Maybe if a fat African-American or Latino congressman had voted for this bill, Donnie would have said something about them being fat. 

Donnie was very angry about the bill and passionate this morning. Sometimes when people get that worked up they don't choose their words that selectively. Plus he made it in the context of drinking beer and delighting in their victory. The optics just evoked an image of figurative and literal fatcats slapping each other on the backs in a back room about pulling a fast one. 

If he had just made a random pot shot about someone being fat, that would be a different story. 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 9

I actually like J&M together (ducks), however I am issuing Joe this stern warning:

You'd better be nice to Mika's chickens or else!  (I have a soft spot for someone who would name a hen Donna.)

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

I actually like J&M together (ducks), however I am issuing Joe this stern warning:

You'd better be nice to Mika's chickens or else!  (I have a soft spot for someone who would name a hen Donna.)

Ha!  I haven't watched this show in years.  A Hen named Donna is hysterical.  

2 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Ha!  I haven't watched this show in years.  A Hen named Donna is hysterical.  

I'm sure someone will remember this.  Mika presented a 6-pack of eggs from her 3 hens - I think it was to Joe for his birthday - and she proudly described the different colors of the eggs and gave them full attribution to her chickens.  I forget the other 2 names, but I thought it was hilarious.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

I'm sure someone will remember this.  Mika presented a 6-pack of eggs from her 3 hens - I think it was to Joe for his birthday - and she proudly described the different colors of the eggs and gave them full attribution to her chickens.  I forget the other 2 names, but I thought it was hilarious.

Donna, Gina and Nugget are the chickens names.

• Love 1

Roger Ailes of Fox News prevented one his journalists at the NY Post from disclosing Mika & Joe's relationship after his divorce in November 2013. Mika was able to convince Ailes that all their kids would be distraught if the affair was reported. Mika's husband would also be distraught since they didn't separate till December 2015 !. Joe offered the reporter at the NY Post a scoop about Alec Baldwin getting fired from MSNBC as a goodwill gesture. This  explains why Joe was reluctant to go after Fox News Ailes & O Reilly were in the process of being fired from Fox.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/04/how-joe-scarborough-and-mika-brzezinski-kept-their-relationship-secret-so-long

2 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Joe was not overly impressed with the eggs.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, oakville said:

I dare Donny to fat shame 

An African American or Latino or Asian the next time he is on the show.

I'm not sure Donny meant "fat" as in overweight, as much (as Mumbles mentioned) as the old stereotype of wealthy "fat cats"  living it up while the workers just keep working harder, and the poor just keep getting poorer.

A lot has been made about the "optics" of the Republican party being overwhelmingly white, overwhelmingly old and overwhelmingly male. I think that Trump's victory made a lot of people on the right think that it isn't really an issue to the voters, but I think four years of Republican rule are only going to remind folks how homogenous the Republicans are. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I love Mika's chicken's names and they put them (graphically) on her birthday cake this week and she was so thrilled. Her fondness for animals is one of her more endearing qualities.

The Daily Beast article is interesting and kind of appalling....Mika's friendship with Ailes (yuck yuck yuck), Ailes "asking" one of his journalists to kibosh the Joe/Mika story, the journalist "obliging" Ailes (as if he had a choice) and then Joe "rewarding" the journalist with the scoop that Alec Baldwin's show had been cancelled (I forgot about that show!). It's an ugly behind-the-scenes glimpse of how news gets done.

I'm a bad person but I snickered when I was reminded how Trump called them "two clowns" last August on Twitter.  He had to have known what was going on, he's pals with Ailes. 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, oakville said:

Joe acknowledged recently being smitten with Mika 's top of the hour news updates when he was hosting Scarborough Country. Joe has been after Mika for many years.

I would love to see Dr Z's reaction to Mika's engagement.

I agree, this has been simmering long time.

Dr Z's only daughter is now engaged to the man he described as "stunningly superficial," right to his face, on the air, on the man's own show. Remember Dr Z's most recent visit, as he was headed to Oslo for something Nobel-related? And he said to Joe, "It's in Norway." Mika has shared that her father very reluctantly comes to her home for Thanksgiving and leaves after one hour. Perhaps that holiday hit-and-run will be even briefer this year.

Joe must be quite different off-camera, at least I hope he is. Because he has romped on Mika more than anyone else (and is comfortable with doing it) and that says something.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, oakville said:

I dare Donny to fat shame An African American or Latino or Asian the next time he is on the show

You're mischaracterizing his comment.  "Fat" in this context is an idiom meaning: lazy, wealthy, corrupt, greedy, etc... If there was a gaggle of Asian or black or Latino bosses slapping each other on their backs for robbing the poor to feed the rich and treating politics like it's a ball game they're "winning," then I'd agree with Donnie when he insulted them too.  Also, it's literally factually accurate that the GOP and those men specifically to whom he was referring are: men, rich, white, corporatists, who represent retrograde social values and exist to preserve wealth.

9 hours ago, suomi said:

Mika has shared that her father very reluctantly comes to her home for Thanksgiving and leaves after one hour. 

It's sorta obvious that Mika has now found and is engaged to her "daddy," because the affection she required from the male in authority was never there previously, she went and found it.  Know your value, toots.  ;)
Joe is a prick.  They're not "in love."  It's a power dynamic that suits them and the sex is probably (ack) obscenely (urg) satisfying (retch).  Easily misinterpretable as soul mates and "meant-to-be."   Hope they're having fun, because they wrecked the lives of their spouses and children.
Charming.

Now in context, think back to the uncomfortable glances and looks on the faces of their panelists over the years when Joe was being an insufferable, abusive asshole to Mika on camera.  So gross.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Landsnark said:

You're mischaracterizing his comment.  "Fat" in this context is an idiom meaning: lazy, wealthy, corrupt, greedy, etc... If there was a gaggle of Asian or black or Latino bosses slapping each other on their backs for robbing the poor to feed the rich and treating politics like it's a ball game they're "winning," then I'd agree with Donnie when he insulted them too.  Also, it's literally factually accurate that the GOP and those men specifically to whom he was referring are: men, rich, white, corporatists, who represent retrograde social values and exist to preserve wealth.

It's sorta obvious that Mika has now found and is engaged to her "daddy," because the affection she required from the male in authority was never there previously, she went and found it.  Know your value, toots.  ;)
Joe is a prick.  They're not "in love."  It's a power dynamic that suits them and the sex is probably (ack) obscenely (urg) satisfying (retch).  Easily misinterpretable as soul mates and "meant-to-be."   Hope they're having fun, because they wrecked the lives of their spouses and children.
Charming.

Now in context, think back to the uncomfortable glances and looks on the faces of their panelists over the years when Joe was being an insufferable, abusive asshole to Mika on camera.  So gross.

I do see your point about Donnie attacking "fat cats" as opposed to fat (overweight) people. I don't like Donnie. He usually behaves as a stereotypical horny sleazy middle aged "fat cat". He braggs about dating women 20 years younger than himself. He used to buy Mika fancy Louboutin shoes to get on the show. It was ridiculous. His Morning Joe commercial filmed at his appt waking up in bed with Mika was pre 2015, so Mika's husband must have been impressed. Donnie was a hypocrite because he always supported Obama's agenda except when it came to being tough on Israel. Donnie put his own religious interests above those of Obama's agenda.

I did find it hilarious that he mentioned that Mika & Joe were engaged & bought them a fondue set. It's absurd that Mika & Joe want to keep references to their relationship a secret on camera or make jokes about congratulating on the "ratings" yet they are giving interviews to Vanity Fair.

• Love 2

ha ha ha SNL just did "Morning Joe" with "Joe & Mika" as their cold open - hilarious! Check nbc.com if you missed it - sometimes they have links available. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Landsnark said:

One of the best parts of the SNL cold open was the reaction of the panelists, although, in this case, it was about Joe and Mika being schmoopy.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, navelgazer said:

Is there anything Kate McKinnon can't do?  

Thanks!. Mika you are being a bad Kitty!. I have been waiting for this skit for years ! I always thought Joe would freak out if SNL tried to parody them.I suppose the embargo was lifted ow that they are engaged. Kate's impression was amazing with the weird looks, drinking her coffee. Kudos to SNL!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Thanks!. Mika you are being a bad Kitty!. I have been waiting for this skit for years ! I always thought Joe would freak out if SNL tried to parody them.I suppose the embargo was lifted ow that they are engaged. Kate's impression was amazing with the weird looks, drinking her coffee. Kudos to SNL!

No scarves, though! (A minor oversight.)

So, do we think this will be totally ignored on Monday's show?

• Love 3
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

So, do we think this will be totally ignored on Monday's show?

We will know in less than 24 hours....but my guess is that they don't show it.  Somewhere, their kids (and exes) saw that sketch and were very embarrassed. They wouldn't want to do that again to them. 

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 2