Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

42 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Yes, I never saw the actual full Mesnick as I found him boring and did not watch his season.  However, I have read about it...

The actual season is boring. All the fun (including the full Mesnick) happens in the finale and on ATFR.

• Love 1

I'm over this season. It's so obviously stupidly fake that it's painful. And watching JoJo drool all over Aaron Rodgers' brother like a 9th grader is downright painful. Especially knowing he's gotten what he wanted out of the deal. A sports analyst. Yay. His pooping all over this girl's heart worked.

I can only hope she was in on it and isn't actually humiliated by how fast he dumped her ass. Season's not even halfway over yet and they're already broken up and moved on?

I read somewhere yesterday that she's been seen in Paradise???

I think this show has jumped the shark this time. Ick. All the way around Ick. I hate it when the lead chooses his/her "type."

WHEN has that EVER worked out? Here's a clue: If he's the type you always go for? SEND HIM HOME NIGHT ONE!

This is my favorite show to hate watch but this season? I can't even do that. It's just so painfully wrong.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:58 PM, seacliffsal said:

Yes, I never saw the actual full Mesnick as I found him boring and did not watch his season.  However, I have read about it...

Not about the current episode, but pertaining to the discussion -  The Mesnick:

• Love 5
On 7/8/2016 at 9:03 PM, hnygrl said:

I'm over this season. It's so obviously stupidly fake that it's painful. And watching JoJo drool all over Aaron Rodgers' brother like a 9th grader is downright painful. Especially knowing he's gotten what he wanted out of the deal. A sports analyst. Yay. His pooping all over this girl's heart worked.

I can only hope she was in on it and isn't actually humiliated by how fast he dumped her ass. Season's not even halfway over yet and they're already broken up and moved on?

I read somewhere yesterday that she's been seen in Paradise???

I think this show has jumped the shark this time. Ick. All the way around Ick. I hate it when the lead chooses his/her "type."

WHEN has that EVER worked out? Here's a clue: If he's the type you always go for? SEND HIM HOME NIGHT ONE!

This is my favorite show to hate watch but this season? I can't even do that. It's just so painfully wrong.

Don't believe everything you read online about the franchise.  IF JoJo was "seen" in Parasdise, it wasn't as a contestant.  Remember, Fleiss sent Andi and Josh to Mexico for a "safe house visit" and could have done so for JoJo and Jordan too.  

As for Jordan being there only for his career, so was every other guy too.  JoJo had ZERO chance of finding a guy "there for the right reasons".  Those guys have gone the way of the Dodo bird as social media has CHANGED everything about this show.   

So best to sit back and let the craziness happen and enjoy the ride. 

• Love 5

^^^ Totally agree that the rules have changed.  Just as they have for other reality shows.  I know on "Project Runway" the best fashion designer rarely wins.  "The Next Food Network Star" winner will likely not become a star.  Almost as many "American Idol" losers are as successful as the winners.  Even on "Dancing with the Stars", the mirror ball trophy doesn't necessarily go to the best dancer.  

These shows now just have to be watched and taken with a bucket of salt.  Assume "Wrong Reasons" across the board, and you'll be good.   ;-)

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know that these shows are really comparable. Most of these shows are decided based on viewer votes and there is some level of talent required for all of them. Yes, maybe the best doesn't always win but when you ask the average viewer at home to pick who that might be, that will happen because best is sort of subjective. From day one this franchise has been incredibly ridiculous and pretty much was bred for famewhores. The audience was and still is, asked to buy into some person finding their wife/husband from a bunch of random people who they spend at best a whooping day or two with, during the whole experience. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

I think we just uncovered the next twist in the Bachelor franchise. Bachelor:Viewer's Choice, where week after week we watch live and decide who the bachelor/ette will date and who will go home. Watch as the Bachelor/ette cries because America voted off their top choice, or bitches when the viewers decide to send him/her on a romantic one on one with that seasons "villain".

I'm curious how many fame whores would still sign up for that.

I know I'd be a wrong reasons voter. I'm not proud...no ashamed.

• Love 3

I'm surprised they haven't done something in that vein yet. I remember there were a lot of rumors when they did the two Bachelorettes with Kaitlyn and Britt that they were going to make Bachelor Nation vote and decide who would get it. I actually thought that might have been interesting. 

(edited)
14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I think we just uncovered the next twist in the Bachelor franchise. Bachelor:Viewer's Choice, where week after week we watch live and decide who the bachelor/ette will date and who will go home. Watch as the Bachelor/ette cries because America voted off their top choice, or bitches when the viewers decide to send him/her on a romantic one on one with that seasons "villain".

They (not The Bachelor) did a show like that many moons ago. I still remember the guy who won was named Hank!

Edited by nutty1

So in Chris Harrison's latest blog, he says the following at the end:

It’s going to be one of the most heart-wrenching rose ceremonies you’ve ever seen.

Normally I don't believe a word that comes out of either Fleiss or Harrison's mouth when they talk about what's upcoming but JoJo does indeed seem distraught.   So just wondering what happened on Luke's hometown that sends him home over "I've got ex-girlfriend issues" Robby and "We've said 10 words to each other" Chase.  I guess its the last "mystery" of this season for me.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would love that and watch the shit out of it.

I was actually hoping that for the Kaitlyn & Britt season, instead of having the guys vote to see which Bachelorette they wanted, they would let Kaitlyn and Britt both be the Bachelorette, but have to pick from the same pool of guys (similar to VH1's Real Chance of Love).  I'm actually shocked they haven't done something like that yet; imagine the drama you could mine from it - guys who get picked by one Bachelorette when they want another, the two Bachelorettes fighting over the same guy, a guy getting rejected by one Bachelorette and then trying to get in good with the other one, etc.  The possibilities are endless!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

So in Chris Harrison's latest blog, he says the following at the end:

Normally I don't believe a word that comes out of either Fleiss or Harrison's mouth when they talk about what's upcoming but JoJo does indeed seem distraught.   So just wondering what happened on Luke's hometown that sends him home over "I've got ex-girlfriend issues" Robby and "We've said 10 words to each other" Chase.  I guess its the last "mystery" of this season for me.  

Maybe the producer's needed him eliminated so they could start filming the Bachelor on time...

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Canada said:

I really hope Luke isn't the next Bachelor.  I can't handle an entire season of those tight pants!!

Seriously. Those pants last night were especially awful...he must have borrowed them from Jordan. Among the many other reasons men should cease wearing pants that tight, Luke needs no help highlighting those bowed legs!

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, Princess Sparkle said:

guys who get picked by one Bachelorette when they want another, the two Bachelorettes fighting over the same guy, a guy getting rejected by one Bachelorette and then trying to get in good with the other one, etc.  The possibilities are endless!

This happens already, on Bachelor in Paradise.  

And the regular Bachelor show doesn't start filming until usually the last week in September.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

Seems next week will be my last week watching this season. I go when Luke goes. I had already accepted that Jordan was going to get the final rose, but I thought Luke would have been at the end too. The chemistry we've seen with JoJo led me to believe she would have at least taken him to the fantasy suite. Chase I can tolerate, but I cannot watch her with Robby and Jordan. Man, I'm disappointed by this spoiler.

• Love 1

Wow, Steve really put it all out there.  Said he heard that basically Olivia Munn is the reason for the Rodgers rift, Jordan has lied way too much to be taken seriouslu and that he doesn't think Jo and Jordan will ever get married.  The Access folks kept saying "Reality Steve" over & over, so he got some GOOD publicity!  

• Love 4
(edited)
14 hours ago, comosedice said:

Seems next week will be my last week watching this season. I go when Luke goes. I had already accepted that Jordan was going to get the final rose, but I thought Luke would have been at the end too. The chemistry we've seen with JoJo led me to believe she would have at least taken him to the fantasy suite. 

Luke needs time to prep for his (potential) Bachelor gig. JoJo's turnaround to Bachelorette was uncomfortably fast for the show.

20 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Maybe the producer's needed him eliminated so they could start filming the Bachelor on time...

Yup.

Edited by huahaha

If Luke is the next Bachelor, he was eliminated in plenty of time naturally, it didn't have to be forced.  Filming wrapped up in March and it's still over 2 MONTHS til filming starts. 

He & the producers need to be more concerned with any concerts he's booked that he won't be able to make due to filming.  According to his booking website, he has a wedding booked for October 30th, which is right in the middle of filming.  

(edited)
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

If Luke is the next Bachelor, he was eliminated in plenty of time naturally, it didn't have to be forced.  Filming wrapped up in March and it's still over 2 MONTHS til filming starts. 

He & the producers need to be more concerned with any concerts he's booked that he won't be able to make due to filming.  According to his booking website, he has a wedding booked for October 30th, which is right in the middle of filming.  

Filming actually started in March and ended in May but still PLENTY of time for Luke to go all the way to final 2 and be the next Bachelor.   Ben F was final 2 coming out of Ashley's season and he still got to be it with even having gone down on one knee to propose.   So whatever reason for him leaving at Final 4, not final 2, its not related to the Bachelor filming schedule.

and agree that if indeed he is the next lead (RS has said he's still hearing its going to be him) then he and the producers have a problem with that October 30th wedding unless they make it part of the show!  Or maybe he'll get his friend James Taylor to perform in his place and hope the Bride/Groom don't mind!!

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

Maybe the fact that Luke is booking gigs during what would be Bachelor filming time means he will not be the next Bachelor. Love him but I don't know if he's suited for the role, although it would be interesting to see him have a go at it.

On ‎2016‎-‎07‎-‎12 at 8:51 AM, nutty1 said:

They (not The Bachelor) did a show like that many moons ago. I still remember the guy who won was named Hank!

That was Cupid by Simon Cowel (sp?).  I remember that show fondly.  The lead and her 2 best friends narrowed the field to 10, and then America voted from there.  It was clear a couple of episodes in that she and Hank had fallen for each other.  I was worried people would vote him off just to be contrary, but he was chosen for her in the end.

What else was fun about that show:  the bachelors had to plan their own dates based on the theme they were given for a particular week, that way the lead and the audience could compare the guys and how well they matched up to her.

• Love 1
(edited)

The Bachelor/ette, sad to say, needs to be a famewhore. He/She has got to have a real hard-on for the lime light. I say that because this shit is fake. They have to be willing to throw their morality away and do whatever the producers/writers write for him/tell him to do. Luke is a really nice man who came on the show to further his music career (mission accomplished) so he's done. He's got more gigs booked than he did before, and the writers made him look like a really nice guy. He IS getting the Bachelor edit, I'll admit. But personally? I'll be really disappointed if he takes it. Says a lot about his personality if he's up for this train wreck.

Have  you noticed? The show always ends up ruining the reputation of the lead? Not the B'ette so much (well, not all the time *cough* Kaitlyn *cough*) but usually always the bachelor.

Think about all the bachelors. We pretty much hate them all after they're off the show. Sean was a really nice guy until he did the Bachelor. Can't stand him now. Same with Ben and the hispanic guy whose name ..Juan Carlos! That's the dude...we hate him now. But on whatever season he was on, he was really quiet, really good looking, overall a nice guy. Mesnick. Pavelka. Bob Guiney. What's the guy's name that owns the vineyard and swam naked/had sex in front of an entire film crew in Puerto Rico? See? Can't even be bothered to remember his name.

In his b'ette season he was really nice.

Said all that to say this: If I really like/admire the guy (Wells comes to mind) I would not under any circumstances want to see him as the lead because by the end of the season I'm going to despise him.

I like Luke too much to want to see him go down that rabbit hole.

Edited by hnygrl
  • Love 2

I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what could have led JoJo to send Luke home so soon. It just doesn't make sense with their connection, so it has to be a good reason outside of that. He was eliminated after the hometown visit, which makes me think it has something to do with that. Luke is from a small country town and JoJo is from big and loud Dallas. She loves to get dressed up, go out, socialize, and drink her wine. Her family is wealthy and she moves in a certain circle. What would she do in Burnet? Luke and his band seem to also travel a lot. Would he leave her at home or take her with him on the road?  She would die. She might consider it if it were Jordan, but even then she would run from that lifestyle. She's a big city girl.

Men Tell All tapes today so it will be interesting to see if anything leaks out about the hometown episode before it airs on Monday night to just why Luke goes out at final 4.  Sometimes RS gets news about the taping and sometimes he doesn't.   Anyway, its a big day for him as with the right amount of reaction from the fake audience, he'll for sure be the next Bachelor.

Just a heads up, tonight's episode is a "to be continued" but since the episode was shown already at the "Men Tell All", Reality Steve seems to know what happened and will give the scoop tomorrow in his blog.

In a billion years of watching this show, I've never seen a contestant get the perfect edit to be the next lead as Luke did tonight.

Happy family--check

sunset make out session--check

Oh look, he finally said "I love you" only to be crushed--well that's coming next week, so almost check.

• Love 2

All the families were happy so I don't think the producers had anything to do with Luke's family being happy. I think if the dates were reversed and Jordan had gotten the sunset make-out session and Luke had gotten the high school visit where every teacher gushed about him it would still be said that he was getting the bachelor edit. That Luke is the next Bachelor is the dominant rumor and it's influencing a lot of people's thought process. I kinda hope he doesn't take the job because he seems way too earnest and I could see him struggling this episode with throwing around the "I love you." I don't think he takes these things lightly enough to act like he's in love with multiple women, and this show needs that suspense.

• Love 1
(edited)

If anything, Luke getting a High School re-visit date would have been as good an audition, if not better.  He went to West Point, meaning his HS grades had to be exceptional with lots of activities, plus recommendations from community leaders, etc.  Plus, he also played football.  

But they couldn't have BOTH Jordan and Luke as teen football sensations, so Jordan got the athlete storyline and Luke had the war hero storyline.  But that was the only way they could go with Jordan, because he hasn't done anything else with his life.  

I think if they go with Luke as Bachelor, they are going to fully roll him out as an up-and-coming country musician, with the military background.  He sacrificed for his country & we've already seen how his hometown is behind him and his telegenic family.  He needs a woman to travel with him for a while, then settle down & have babies.  Just like in a country song.

More "checks" to add to CindyBee's list.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3

Just a couple of things from RS latest blog (remember audience members at the Men Tell All have seen the next's Monday's episode):

1. Luke never saw his dumping coming as he thought he and JoJo were on the same page;  sets up nicely for his storyline as the lead, the broken hearted war veteran looking for that perfect lady to ride off into the sunset.  

2. Chase is dumped in the fantasy suite after JoJo accepts the fantasy suite card but then once she's in the room, she changes her mind;  at the MTA, Chase is still pretty ticked off at how that was handled.  Oooh, that sounds good.   Finally some personality from Chase!

3. Robby is now pestering folks from other reality TV shows to promote him on instagram;  guy wants to be the next Bachelor really, really, really, realy badly.  Better try his luck on BiP4.0 next summer.

RS will have more MTA spoilers tomorrow. 

• Love 4

I can't help liking Robby, no matter how desperate he is coming off.  The guy is an ex-swimmer and I think sells pools.  What the hell else is he going to do but try to stay in the popular media?  He seemed to love the limelight back in school, is very personable and absolutely adorable to me.  I'd buy stuff from him, because I'd believe what he says.  I think he's very convincing in his lies!  *LOL*

• Love 2

Does it look like Luke has all of his front teeth capped? I would have to choose him over Jordan. Jordan just seems slimey to me. Robby does not appeal to me at all. I would honestly think he was gay and there is nothing wrong with that! It appears Chase still has issues from the parents' divorce and he looks too much like Jim from The Office for me.

On 7/12/2016 at 2:42 PM, wovenloaf said:

Seriously. Those pants last night were especially awful...he must have borrowed them from Jordan. Among the many other reasons men should cease wearing pants that tight, Luke needs no help highlighting those bowed legs!

Yes he looked like he's spent the last five years on the back of a horse!

23 hours ago, leighdear said:

If anything, Luke getting a High School re-visit date would have been as good an audition, if not better.  He went to West Point, meaning his HS grades had to be exceptional with lots of activities, plus recommendations from community leaders, etc.  Plus, he also played football.  

But they couldn't have BOTH Jordan and Luke as teen football sensations, so Jordan got the athlete storyline and Luke had the war hero storyline.  But that was the only way they could go with Jordan, because he hasn't done anything else with his life.  

I think if they go with Luke as Bachelor, they are going to fully roll him out as an up-and-coming country musician, with the military background.  He sacrificed for his country & we've already seen how his hometown is behind him and his telegenic family.  He needs a woman to travel with him for a while, then settle down & have babies.  Just like in a country song.

More "checks" to add to CindyBee's list.

They will show him in profile, hand on heart, with a big American flag fluttering in the background and a bald eagle soaring overhead.

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, slowpoked said:

I just read RS's blog, and it looks like Robby's ex was told to shut up by the "opposing party". Hmm, I wonder which party - Robby's, or The B'ette's TPTB?

I'm not sure I believe Hope on being threatened to keep her mouth shut but if anyone did, my vote goes to Robby as he is on a big push to be the next lead and can't be thrilled that she's out there telling her version of events.  And making out with Chad.

Edited to add that RS is out with his Men Tell All spoilers.   Of note:

1. Chase is upset when he's shown the door in the fantasy suite;  shows up at the final 3 Rose Ceremony to apologize how he acted and he and JoJo part on good terms but at the MTA , he still questions her timing.   Guess his ego couldn't take that fact that she at first said yes and then said no.

2. Brought up to the hot seat are Wells, Chad, Luke and Chase

3. Alex and Chase are called out for being part of the clique of them, Robby and Jordan. 

4. Chad calls out Grant about his girlfriends but RS isn't sure if it will make the show as it was never part of the season

Edited by CindyBee

Chase is dumped in the fantasy suite after JoJo accepts the fantasy suite card but then once she's in the room, she changes her mind;  at the MTA, Chase is still pretty ticked off at how that was handled.  Oooh, that sounds good.   Finally some personality from Chase!

This sounds as if it is JoJo's gift to Chase: give him some unjust treatment to make America sympathize with him, and boost his chances to be a sympathetic lead for the Bachelor.  After all, the heartache of the person who goes out fourth is always usurped by the post-Fantasy suite rejectee one-week later. And it sounds as if this is just producer shenanigans with JoJo dumping him in the room. 

Chase going back to the rose ceremony to apologize the Jo for getting miffed is such a pussy move.  Even Evan had bigger balls than Chase, because he at least poked the Chad-bear.   I just can't see him being Bachelor.  He's the biggest zero that I've seen on this show in years.  

He will be a first pick for BIP4 next year though.  

• Love 1

2. Brought up to the hot seat are Wells, Chad, Luke and Chase

Wells being called up seems kind of random. He left weeks ago and unless I missed it, left with little to no drama. I wonder if this is Fleiss' way of giving some false hope to the Wells fans who want him to be the next Bachelor. Don't see it happening myself but I can see Fleiss messing with some viewers a little. 

15 hours ago, leighdear said:

Chase going back to the rose ceremony to apologize the Jo for getting miffed is such a pussy move.  Even Evan had bigger balls than Chase, because he at least poked the Chad-bear.   I just can't see him being Bachelor.  He's the biggest zero that I've seen on this show in years.  

He will be a first pick for BIP4 next year though.  

I agree, such a crazy ass move for Chase to make.  Guess he was being prodding along by Fleiss and company as a backup lead at that point.   

I'm sure he's being kept in the running just in case something happens to Luke but at this point, he really doesn't have any support from the bigger Bachelor nation bloggers--Abby Draper, Mattie Lou from Out Kick the Coverage, the girl that writes for Vulture, and even some former Bachelorettes like Ali and Des, are all for Luke.   By this time in Ben's season, the momentum had swung to JoJo over Caila and I just don't see that happening for Chase, especially since Luke's goodbye was delayed a week so technically they are on the same amount of episodes.    So good luck to Chase on BiP4 next summer! 

I never get my favorite (this season, Wells) as the lead but Luke is ok.  And since I switched over to a wrong reason watcher many moons ago, I'm just looking forward to seeing who Fleiss rounds up to "date" him.  

• Love 2

Having trouble with quoting, but the best part of that ^ article is the introduction of "Jordan Rodgers' Brother Luke" when Jordan is always labeled as "Aaron Rodgers' brother Jordan." So poor Luke is REALLY at the bottom of the totem pole as "Aaron Rodgers' brother Jordan's brother Luke." ;-)

• Love 9

Somebody should comfort poor Luke.  He really doesn't ever have to worry about them cluing JoJo into the movies that they all quote when they're together.  Because there simply won't be any significant "together".