Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

Oh crap,. I can't date Chad.  Only the beautiful may apply,  no fatass cabbage patches for our Chad.   Only the beautiful will know the joy of a rude, egotistical man eating meat,  getting his pump on,  and probably farting, burping, and igniting them.   I still want him on my TV, though.  

On June 8, 2016 at 10:40 PM, chocolatine said:

Wow, that profile is hilarious! If he really wrote that, then I do think that he was being his "real" self on the show. I'm sure there was some producer encouragement, but the behavior was all Chad's.

Somehow I managed to reach the Defcon 15 level in bitchiness today,  which was considered an urban myth.  Now that I've seen the cast for BIP,   I'm pretty sure I can shatter 20.   Carly fucking waddle and Ashley say it ain't so what's her name?   Flat ass loserville is what I call that! Get some new damn cast mates!   I am outraged!   

ETA:  What the fuck, Chad?   You almost got your associates with plans of plastic surgery???   Uh, don't you actually need more than 2 years of community college to be a surgeon?   That's why I love Chad.  He is better than all of us. He has better ideas.   Better genes.  He don't need no stinking education.  He can teach himself those lessons which cannot be learned.    This guy is like an attractive, buff Kenny Powers.   Screw the Bachelorette, BIP is where it's at.   You arrogant bastard Chad,. I can't wait to watch you practicing your moves.  

• Love 12

I'm ridiculously excited about 2 things: Seeing Alex eliminated on his 1-on-1 date on the 4th of July episode, and then seeing Chad on BIP.  Nothing else on this show is doing it for me.  The guys overall are disappointing me, as I find most of them unappealing, both physically and by personality.  Duds, for the most part. 

Carly and her Groucho Marx eyebrows best keep a low profile.   She is too plain to date,. And not super awesome enough for an audience with the golden boy entrepreneur.   Thank god sniveling Amber won't be there.   Though I would love to see shoe faced Jacylyn go after Chad.  

also I hope Chad bitches Chris Harrison out about not casting Chad worthy beauties. 

Oh,. And will the drunk guy From Kaitlin's season be there?  The splendid one who heckled fat Ian Ziering from the bushes, and called Chris Chris Hansen?  He could be Chads friend, they could eat meat, pump iron and heckle that awful Nick.    They should just give up and call the show Chad in Paradise.    I bet that idiot Evan makes an appearance, and I hope he drinks the water.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Reality Steve has posted some of the emails from the Jordan & Grant ex girlfriends.  Nothing more than emphasizing they are both sleazy players that lie to women they want to bang.  Nothing earth shattering or unbelievable.  Dogs are dogs.  

And Chad is supposedly gone from Paradise already.  Probably not enough protein down there for him, just fruit & alcohol.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1

JoJo needs to dump Jordan's dumbass on the live "After the final Rose" show.   Cause that is about the only way she is going to save face as the tabloids take what's on Steve's site and run with it over the next few weeks.   Or she needs to call up Robby/Chase and do a live switch.  But those two seem to be big time buddies with Jordan so they are probably just itching to get on Raya too and meet all the ladies that Jordan seems to be meeting!   

• Love 2

I don't think the show producers are ever going to take the chance of something like that happening.  I wouldn't put it past them to have written into the contract, and to also say to the lead "If you try to do something outrageous on the live show, we'll screw you over legally and tie you up in court for years."

No way do they want the audience to ever think the "process" doesn't "work".  If there is an engaged couple on the finale and on their ATFR stage, then they have "won" and the season is a complete success.  Because then they can say that any breakup after that has nothing to do with them.  

As dramatic as the Jason/Molly/Melissa on-stage breakup was, I'm betting there are now legal & contractual requirements in place to prevent that from ever happening again.  Because that would mean they lost complete control, and no show wants that. Kaitlyn got a bit away from them, but they managed to salvage that season with an engagement they can point to as still existing.  

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I don't think the show producers are ever going to take the chance of something like that happening.  I wouldn't put it past them to have written into the contract, and to also say to the lead "If you try to do something outrageous on the live show, we'll screw you over legally and tie you up in court for years."

No way do they want the audience to ever think the "process" doesn't "work".  If there is an engaged couple on the finale and on their ATFR stage, then they have "won" and the season is a complete success.  Because then they can say that any breakup after that has nothing to do with them.  

As dramatic as the Jason/Molly/Melissa on-stage breakup was, I'm betting there are now legal & contractual requirements in place to prevent that from ever happening again.  Because that would mean they lost complete control, and no show wants that. Kaitlyn got a bit away from them, but they managed to salvage that season with an engagement they can point to as still existing.  

I completely disagree. The Jason/Molly/Melissa saga was ratings GOLD for the show and franchise. I don't think the producers give a crap about whether or not people believe the process doesn't work because I think they are well aware that the majority of viewers are savvy and smart enough to see the show for the farce it is. People continue to watch because they like the drama of the show, the messiness and it feeds into the key reason reality shows became such a thing - the voyeuristic aspect of watching people sort of make asses of themselves. 

If viewers truly cared about believing in the "process working", this show would have ended years ago from lack of viewers, when the "happy couples" kept breaking up and season after season had one failed relationship after another. The only thing Fleiss and company care about is ratings and drama - if a legitimate couple comes out of it, then great but they don't give a shit about making the lead look great, no issues making the contestants look bad and screwing over the "happy couple" if it makes for ratings gold. And JoJo dumping Jordan, brother of NFL superstar Aaron Rodgers on live television would be ratings gold for them, not to mention the tabloid/media coverage they'll get for at least two weeks from it. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8

I agree, I think Fleiss and ABC would love if Jordan got dumped on live TV as the number of "right reason" watchers has got to be like 10 souls now as everyone I know and everyone I follow on social media watches to make fun of the show, not to see a Ben/Lauren couple form.

Coverage has already started that he is a wrong reason guy as US weekly is running a cover story of JoJo and her "bad boys" and they labeled ole Jordan as a "famewhore" so IF it did happen, majority of people would applaud and JoJo would come off so much better. 

Me: how's that ESPN career looking now, Jordan

• Love 2

I don't think the producers are "right reasons" producers anymore. I think in the very beginning they meant it to be a fairytale but watching how the show is edited it is clear they are not "right reasons" editing the show. Chad is the perfect example. If they gave a crap about the fairytale anymore Chad would barely be in the show, or wouldn't have made it on. But he's ratings gold so they are all in on The Chad.

I think they are dying for a new Mesnik moment. They almost had it with this last guy (forgot him already lol) but I bet they would shit themselves to see an all out smack down, drag out fight on the live show.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

As dramatic as the Jason/Molly/Melissa on-stage breakup was, I'm betting there are now legal & contractual requirements in place to prevent that from ever happening again.  

Actually the conspiracist in me is convinced this was no surprise, the show knew exactly what was going to happen.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

I think it is somewhere in the middle. The show still wants enough attraction/romance so people will watch and wonder who the lead likes and doesn't like, but they realize the viewers are fine with proposals, no proposals and everything in between. If the show was only a parade of people auditioning for their own show with no attempt at dating, it would fall apart. On the other hand, the time is past when break ups and other gossip can be hidden, and the producers know that.

• Love 3

I can't stand Jordan and his meggings.  Jo Jo can do better than that.   Too bad they don't cast decent people anymore, but it's a nice payday for her and probably will help her business. If you come across well, and she has so far, that "fame" boost is helpful.  

• Love 1

Hulu goofed this morning and had episode 5 (week 4) available for streaming.  It doesn't air until tonight and shouldn't have been available until tomorrow (Tuesday, 6/21).  Lucky me, it didn't even have commercials!

• Love 2
(edited)
Spoiler

Chad returning amounted to nothing.  Jordon kind of forced a handshake with Chad, stating he (Jordon) acted poorly, etc.  Chad wasn't going to reciprocate, which pissed Jordon off.  Wells led a funny "post mortem" ceremony regarding Chads departure.  Good thing Chad didn't ask about his protein powder.

Jordon gets a 1-on-1, and naturally, a rose.

JoJo's ex, Chad, said she wasn't in love with Ben and the two of them were hooking up all the while she was on Ben's season and was only the Bachelorette for publicity.  It upset the guys, it upset JoJo more.  She breaks down, cries, and gets back into their good graces again.

Horrible weather in Uruguay.  The group date was sandboarding.  Derek gets jealous, but gets the group date rose because JoJo wants to reassure him.  This pisses all the other guys off.  Alex makes it his mission to belittle Derek for stooping to insecurity tactics to get a rose.  Seems now that Chad's gone, Alex needs another target, and leads 4 others (can't remember who) on the "Derek doesn't deserve it" campaign.  Derek pulls them aside prior to the cocktail party that never happens.

Robby gets his 1 on 1 and they jump off a cliff.  He breaks out the "I love you" at dinner.  What dude?  It's the first 1-on-1 you've had with her!  Naturally he gets a rose.

Going home are Grant (with his Dudley Doo-Right chin), James F (who?), and Evan!

Edited by deSchenke
  • Love 2
(edited)

According to RS who watched episode 5 before it was pulled off of Hulu this morning, the "mean girl" clique that Derek calls out is Alex, Robby, Jordan and Chase.   Interesting that the final 3 comes from this group so JoJo must totally have a type.  Or really did choose Jordan early on and kept his buddies around to make him happy.

Will be something to look at in the coming weeks, the edit of Chase & Robby in relation to Luke's and if Fleiss plays up Robby & Chase being part of the inner clique and if that negatively affects them.  Well Robby's ex Hope revenge tour is probably going to shoot down any hope Robby has to be the next lead.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, backformore said:

Thanks for the info!   Looking forward to watching.   I totally believe it about her ex. 

Though I don't think you have to spoiler tag it, since this is the spoiler topic. 

Oops, forgot where I was!  I don't know how to take it out of the spoiler tag.  Any help with that?

1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

JoJo's ex, Chad, said she wasn't in love with Ben and the two of them were hooking up all the while she was on Ben's season and was only the Bachelorette for publicity.  It upset the guys, it upset JoJo more.  She breaks down, cries, and gets back into their good graces again.

How did they have access to each other?  I guess it is not as tight a ship as we have been led to believe.  No cell phones but you can have your ex boyfriend stop by for sex?  Really?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

How did they have access to each other?  I guess it is not as tight a ship as we have been led to believe.  No cell phones but you can have your ex boyfriend stop by for sex?  Really?

I might have that part wrong.  It was a tabloid article that the guys noticed and I believe it stated she and Chad were in contact all along.  And that when she came back, she broke up with him to be on the Bachelorette.  Half the time anything JoJo mentioned anything about what exactly it said, was through sobs.  Anyway, she completely denied it and said because Chad wasn't a happy person, he wouldn't let anyone be happy.  She said she was trying to be his "friend" during a tough time he was having.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I think he was referring to the time the season was airing. JoJo was back home from filming, but instead of being hung up on the guy she supposedly had fallen in love with and wanted to marry, she was hooking up with the ex. Which, even if true, is not a big deal. Was JoJo supposed to join a convent because Ben rejected her?

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't think a bit of ex-sex is a huge deal, but she just kept harping on how broken hearted she was, how devastated and how destroyed she was after Ben.  It's just skanky and immature to some of us.  But then, I've never subscribed to the theory that the best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody else.  YMMV. 

Edited by leighdear

So much easier to understand that preview now that I have watched it again. The "but" before the "what you did to me"  was spliced in there. So was the "It's not right"

Also...."I found it with a man"....was followed with a spliced "that will not be able to love me the way I said I wanted to be loved".

They can't fool us!!

I imagine she said something like "what you did to me" made me feel more special than I ever did.

And also, at one point she probably said something like:

I am afraid I will find a man "that will not be able to love me the way I said I wanted to be loved".

• Love 1

Like Reality Steve said in a tweet, the preview is one big ole misdirection that people fall for EVERY season.  So much splicing and dicing of words and phrases.   Got to keep people tuning in till the end!   I'm sure unspoiled folks think something big is going to happen, like her changing her mind at the final rose ceremony.   

And after last night's episode, I see why Jordan went to final 1 and didn't bow out to be the next Bachelor as during the "I "met" your ex" talk that JoJo had with him he had this "oh shit, my cheating ways are going to be exposed" look on his face.    So he and his handlers must have decided then that an engagement would the best course.  

• Love 3

Obviously the whole "cheating possibility" JoJo thought was just a talking point the producers threw to her, as she didn't give it any real weight.  One of those "Hey, we need you to overcome some "obstacle" with Jordan on your path to true love".  JoJo had on such huge Jordan-colored glasses from the beginning, she'd never really see him as a cheater, regardless of what anybody said. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Obviously the whole "cheating possibility" JoJo thought was just a talking point the producers threw to her, as she didn't give it any real weight.  One of those "Hey, we need you to overcome some "obstacle" with Jordan on your path to true love".  JoJo had on such huge Jordan-colored glasses from the beginning, she'd never really see him as a cheater, regardless of what anybody said. 

Right.   She "met Jordan's ex-girlfriend" before coming on the show, (or so she says)  and she's been making out with him like crazy.  So she obviously wasn't bothered by anything the ex said.

• Love 2

God, I hope that those coming attractions weren't a fake out, and some other guys eventually call Jordan out on doing this for fame, not a relationship. I did a fist pump when one of them referred to him as "Hair Flip."  I've heard some not-so-flattering things regarding the way he and his Oldest Brother treat the Famous Brother, who's money, fame, generosity and connections got them where they are today. 

• Love 1

ET online ran an article about Jordan still being on Raya:

http://www.etonline.com/news/191686_bachelorette_contestant_jordan_rodgers_has_an_active_dating_profile_on_raya/

He of course immediately denies on twitter, that his account was deleted in May when he got his phone back.  

So someone gets pissed and emails RS a screenshot from today of the account still being active. 

I hope the live dumping of Jordan is still in play come August 1st.   Come on JoJo, grab a brain!

JoJo also posted an IG photo on father's day about it being the first night of what she calls "the beginning of my own journey to find love and happiness"

If she is engaged since April? why is the first night?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CindyBee said:

I hope the live dumping of Jordan is still in play come August 1st.

It seems likely, especially after this-

6 minutes ago, MV713 said:

JoJo also posted an IG photo on father's day about it being the first night of what she calls "the beginning of my own journey to find love and happiness"

If she is engaged since April? why is the first night?

They may have been paid/talked into pretending for the finale.  This is looking more and more like unReal.  They are being so obvious too!  We will be able to tell if staged. It will be missing the "can't keep my hands off you" part.  

• Love 1

Since it looks like JoJo was going to do a fake engagement all along, I can understand why she chose Jordan, the guy she wanted before filming even began but she really needs to be careful about how she handles the breakup coming.   As much as I want her to take charge and dump his ass on the "ATFR", blindsiding him wouldn't be a good move as you don't want him blabbing to the press/having verbal diarrhea on social media like he seems to be having with Raya-gate. 

So I guess she'll fake it for a few more months and then do the teary break up article on People.com about how hard she tried but it just wasn't working out, blah, blah, blah.

• Love 1

It is hard to tell how this is going to play out since TPTB exert a lot of control.  It may be time for a swift breakup as a counterpoint to last year and all the pregnancy announcements from previous happy couples recently.  

28 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

So I guess she'll fake it for a few more months and then do the teary break up article on People.com about how hard she tried but it just wasn't working out, blah, blah, blah.

It always comes back to what Jimmy Kimmel said in explaining the Bachelor/ette shows -  You date 24 people and eliminate them one by one until you find the one person that you....... are contractually obligated to pretend to be engaged to for the next 6 months.   (paraphrasing here)

• Love 2

I can see Show orchestrating the most shocking breakup ever, live on the ATFR, rather than having Joelle and Jordan wait a few months, if indeed she ends up engaged on the finale and if indeed the engaged couple changes their minds afterwards.

As the franchise has evolved people seem to not expect or care much about the storybook ending, unlike the early seasons, so Show should go ahead and run with it. Maximize the drama!

• Love 3

Well, the drama is really ramping up on Reality Steve's Twitter.  

Now he's been contacted by an Apple employee who says the "proof" Jordan is posting about closing his Raya account is even more lies and completely bogus.  It's really getting good now and making Jordan look even stupider than before!  *ROFL*

• Love 4

I don't think even ABC and Mike Fleiss would overlook the current and future Jordan shi!storm just for the drama & ratings, and eventually make him Bachelor,.  Though I may be giving them too much credit, I think that goes beyond the pale.  Because Jo would be dumping him for being a liar and a cheater.  And I just can't see them making such a tool their new lead.  I say nay.   

• Love 2
(edited)
26 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Besides I want Wells, a whole new direction for the Bachelor, and reasonably smart b'ettes for him who can laugh at themselves. Go away Jordan and guys who are like him.

Much as I would love this, it ain't happening. One, Wells gets eliminated too soon. I know that didn't stop Juan Pablo being picked but that was one of those rare WTF picks and considering how that turned out, they may not be so inclined to take that kind of chance again. Two, as you said, the show is all about the Jordan types.

Ben only got picked last season because Kaitlyn picked busted up Alf who you know they probably would have given the gig to if she hadn't and the other major player in the season was Nick, who people loathe as much as the people who like him. Before that, if Andi hadn't picked Josh, he so would have been the pick. 

That said, Wells is certainly far hotter in my opinion than Mesnick, Ben Flajnick and whoever else but unless fans and viewers really get behind him and bug Fleiss and company, I'm sure they'll go with one of the buff, bland and boring F4. Incidentally I'm not even sure who that is since again, I've mostly been meh on this season. I of course know that she picks Jordan, which is certainly turning out to be quite the clusterfuck. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
(edited)

A girl can dream--Jo and Kaitlyn, the last two Bachelorettes, had personality vs most of the Bachelors (I liked them, but Ben, Chris, Sean? One-note guys, nice, not exciting), and even if Wells isn't to Jo's taste, he has a lot more personality than we've seen from her other bachelors. I like Luke, for example, mostly for his background, but he has a strong silent persona which probably wouldn't work, and I still can't tell the other guys apart. But imo Wells is attractive in the Jared fom Kaitlyn's season vein with a lot more personality so come on, Show! Time for a little shakeup!

Edited by MakeMeLaugh
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, leighdear said:

I don't think even ABC and Mike Fleiss would overlook the current and future Jordan shi!storm just for the drama & ratings, and eventually make him Bachelor,.  Though I may be giving them too much credit, I think that goes beyond the pale.  Because Jo would be dumping him for being a liar and a cheater.  And I just can't see them making such a tool their new lead.  I say nay.   

Well sure.  You're the voice of reason, but my dream senario makes me laugh a lot more. 

• Love 1

I just can't see any of that personality Wells supposedly has.  I understand he's a radio host, and those folks usually have to be fairly gregarious, engaging and personable.  I just haven't seen any of that on my TV screen.  It may be true, but it's not evident by what we're being shown and how I think he's acting.  It's like being told that Luke is actually a professional comedian.  

I guess we'll see if he's got more when he hits the beach for BIP3.  

• Love 2

I haven't seen a lot of Well's personality either. I just like his looks.

i read a lot of people here liking Luke but I think he's yuck. I can't get rid of the man boob visual and it was a turn off for me. Plus, something about him gave me the creeps from the beginning. Like some sort of intensity, but not the good kind. More like the crazy kind. Just something about him that turns me off. I think he's gross and mealy-mouthed and there's something not quite right about him that I can't exactly pinpoint. I'd rather date Alex and that's saying something.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

I just can't see any of that personality Wells supposedly has.  I understand he's a radio host, and those folks usually have to be fairly gregarious, engaging and personable.  I just haven't seen any of that on my TV screen.  It may be true, but it's not evident by what we're being shown and how I think he's acting.  It's like being told that Luke is actually a professional comedian.  

I guess we'll see if he's got more when he hits the beach for BIP3.  

I agree with you, Leighdear. I'm not understanding the Wells love at all. Well, granted, there are slim pickins this year, so I guess it doesn't take much to be the best choice out of the most mediocre group of guys ever.

Anyone watching "Coupled"? There's a CRAZY female radio DJ on that show, and even though I have no clue what small cities each of them are from other than somewhere "Southern," I have developed this storyline in my mind that they're from the same zany morning zoo type show from somewhere Nashville adjacent. And after being teased relentlessly by the main DJ of the morning show for being too socially awkward to have a relationship, they each went on a dating show simultaneously as a challenge as to who will be better in love. And, well, in that scenario Wells is far superior to the female DJ who is NEVER going to get a date unless she can turn down her personality like 8 notches. Or, you know, if they're in competing or separate markets, maybe one radio show can call the other, and fix these two up. Because in that case it would be okay that Wells is quiet because this girl would be doing ALL the talking and then some. <-- this is my speculation based on no spoilers whatsoever. I apparently have too much time on my hands if I'm creating elaborate cross-show scenarios.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I agree with you, Leighdear. I'm not understanding the Wells love at all. Well, granted, there are slim pickins this year, so I guess it doesn't take much to be the best choice out of the most mediocre group of guys ever.

Nope, not about slim pickins at all.  I just like the guy and think he is the best of the lot.  It is just personal opinion and attraction.  

I love your fantasy!  LOL!  I watch coupled, too.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

A girl can dream--Jo and Kaitlyn, the last two Bachelorettes, had personality vs most of the Bachelors (I liked them, but Ben, Chris, Sean? One-note guys, nice, not exciting), and even if Wells isn't to Jo's taste, he has a lot more personality than we've seen from her other bachelors. I like Luke, for example, mostly for his background, but he has a strong silent persona which probably wouldn't work, and I still can't tell the other guys apart. But imo Wells is attractive in the Jared fom Kaitlyn's season vein with a lot more personality so come on, Show! Time for a little shakeup!

It's almost definitely going to be Luke unless there's a huge fan swell for Wells. Even still, I don't see it happening. He doesn't have enough time to muscle up for the gig.

Luke is a bit dull but no more so than the other guys. He'll be fine with an interesting cast of ladies.