Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

I just hope ABC and Disney does what better for their show, their rating cause I do believe their some bts drame we dont know at least bettwen jen and Adam and Eddy! Even, if she want to do more convention, open to more cs story  and her history with prior show demonstrated her willingness to come back for the final!  am not sure Adam and Eddy Never envisage asking her back or gosh for the final even série final. So, I hope someone show them the advantage for their show of the présence of the original cast back! 

Now, once is the worst of the network, all the Friday show even blindspot does better, the show they remplaced was doing better and all data I can see show the same décline over les than 10 episode! Objectively the reboot has already failed! And, most major site peut it in big trouble or cancel! 

• Love 1

The show's Facebook page posted a video with Andrew West and Adelaide Kane doing a behind-the-scenes set tour, which may have been a tactical mistake, given that the comments were mostly about how they'd rather see Henry with Ivy than with Jacinda/Cinderella, those actors have better chemistry, etc. I'm not sure that doing promo that throws them together is such a great idea if they want the audience to be into Henry and Cinderella. Unless maybe this is a sign that they're planning to shift gears.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Unless maybe this is a sign that they're planning to shift gears.

Could you imagine? I'd actually love to see them do this if only to see how the audience would react and how it would impact the show. I know that Henrella isn't the only problem with this season but it is a pretty big one. Also, switching the main TWU LUV storyline to another character would defy expectations on what has become a painfully predictable show. It would be interesting to see how such a chance would impact a show.

And honestly, this show loves it's villain redemptions. Ivy could be redeemed through Henry's true love. Actually, it would be really cool if Henry and Jacinda were still meant to be true lovers but Henry is all "fuck fate! I wanna go with Ivy." and rewrites the story. So meta! Would make Henry interesting for a change. Would get rid of the chemistry void. Would make one of the stronger actors, Ivy, more prominent. Would give them their beloved redemption arc, though, the way they write those, I fear they would screw it all up.

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, cappoe said:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-abc-week-10-this-feels-like-once-upon-a-times-final-season/

They're saying this is OUAT's final season. I really hope they bring back the characters we care about. They make those calls to bring back JMO,, Gosh, Sean, Emilie, etc for a series finale worth remembering. Otherwise it's gonna be a series finale that could be as bad as How I Met Your Mothers.

OuaT's finale seems more like it'll end on a whimper since way more people actually watched HIMYM in its final season. and there was more of a backlash.

I forgot ONCE was back tonight until about five minutes ago. It will be interesting to see how many of the general audience will remember to tune in.

Edited by Rumsy4
On 12/5/2017 at 9:43 AM, cappoe said:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-abc-week-10-this-feels-like-once-upon-a-times-final-season/

They're saying this is OUAT's final season. I really hope they bring back the characters we care about. They make those calls to bring back JMO,, Gosh, Sean, Emilie, etc for a series finale worth remembering. Otherwise it's gonna be a series finale that could be as bad as How I Met Your Mothers.

That ship has already sailed.  The show HAD the perfect finale with Hook and Emma's wedding (and could even have added the montage of everyone else's happy endings just to put a period on it), but A & E misread and overestimated the fanbase and completely botched the finale by going after a Season 7.  Now they'll be forced to try to save face by pretending that they'd always intended to end the show after seven seasons all along while they try to come up with an ending that will tie up this season's loose endings in such a way that won't have those who have stuck it out to the bitter end vowing never to watch anything that these two dolts have had a hand in producing ever again.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

That ship has already sailed.  The show HAD the perfect finale with Hook and Emma's wedding (and could even have added the montage of everyone else's happy endings just to put a period on it), but A & E misread and overestimated the fanbase and completely botched the finale by going after a Season 7.  Now they'll be forced to try to save face by pretending that they'd always intended to end the show after seven seasons all along while they try to come up with an ending that will tie up this season's loose endings in such a way that won't have those who have stuck it out to the bitter end vowing never to watch anything that these two dolts have had a hand in producing ever again.

I think if they were smart they'd be making those calls. You can still have the show end in SB, with the real characters. Give us Jen, Gosh, the real Killian, the CS baby/babies. Even if it's just in the final ten minutes it's what the fans deserve. No one cares about these S7 characters at all.

Once Upon a Time ........ 0.489 ... (0.528 ... 0.450)

Agents of SHIELD ......... 0.494 ... (0.505 ... 0.483)

20/20 ............................. 0.506 ... (0.472 ... 0.540)

Unrounded for last night. As you can see OUAT had the lowest ratings of the evening and by the 2nd half hour was sitting at the point to a 0.4.  I half expect the mid season finale will get a 0.4. That drop is horrific especially when you compare it to the AOS drop which is nothing. Never would I believe OUAT would be the lowest rated show of the network.

I saw one good #EWHotSeat question that they'll never answer:

Will we Know why some wish characters are real & other aren't? #EWHotSeat #OUAT

LOL at this one, which is similar to a post on this forum:

#EWHotSeat will this reboot turn out to be a nightmare Henry had? @AdamHorowitzLA @OnceABC

But really, a lot of these are unuseable.  There are a lot about Robin Hood (seriously... why?) and there are a lot about whether Jennifer Morrison or the original cast coming back if the show ends.  

Let me try answering some of the usable ones... there are seriously little/no questions about Jacinda/Henry, Ivy, Gothel or most of the new characters.

Will Rumple have another centric #EWHotSeat   Yes

Rumple’s supposed to be a good father, so will we see Gideon again? #EWHotSeat  I hope so!

Will Regina's new love interest be a new character? #EWHotSeat   Can't say.

Are we seeing Agrabah this season? #EWHotSeat    I hope so!

Will we be getting blessed with any more amazing Rumple / Regina scenes? The scene from the last episode was epic! #OUAT #EWHotSeat  Yes!

Is The Guardian someone we (or Rumple) have already met? #EWHotSeat  Maybe.

Will we see toddler & young Alice with her dad? #EWHotSeat   Yes.

Are we gonna see more of Alice's time in New Wonderland? #EWHotSeat  Yes.

Did Lady Tremaine make a deal with Rumple to cast the new Dark Curse? #EWHotSeat  Can't say.

Are there plans for more Jennifer Morrison appearances in season 7? #EWHotSeat  Nope!

---

EW and A&E will definitely have to make up some fake questions about Jacinda, Victoria, Ivy, Tiana, Gothel, Lucy, Adult Henry or Nick.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4

I have a hard time believing that so many people tune in each week only to turn it off half way through. At some point, you'd think these people would just stop watching altogether. If it's that boring, why would you continue watching? This week it shed 700,000 viewers in its first half hour (2.84 million dropped to 2.15 million). I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some kind of overrun of the earlier programming. I know I read on some ratings site that Once isn't even holding its lead in numbers, which is pretty sorry considering that's usually something like the local news or Wheel of Fortune or something like that. If its lead in audience isn't changing channels right away because they are still pondering Final Jeopardy, it could be skewing Once's early viewership numbers and it would explain its very consistent massive drop in in-episode viewership. 

I'm someone who keeps tuning in but not necessarily finishing episodes. I keep tuning in because I never learn from my mistakes. I keep hoping that something interesting will finally happen. I usually tune out after realizing that it's just more recycled storylines with lesser actors. 

I only finished the last ep because I read Lucy was going to sort of die and I couldn't pass that up. Glad I didn't. That was hilariously TERRIBLE!!! I know she's a child, but anyone who has watched Stranger Things knows that some kids can act their asses off. I think Lucy needs to be seen, not heard, if she has to be seen at all. I say ship her off to boarding school. Of course to afford it, Jacinda would have to get a job cleaning the cafeteria killing two terrible acting birds with one poorly written plot stone. 

I also tune in to gage what the episode will be about and who will be featured. If it's Whook/Alice centric I'm more likely to stick around. If it seems like Ivy and Henry will interact I'll probably half watch. If Roni is going to be on I'm more apt to pay semi-attention. If it focuses on Rumple I'm out. If it's going to be heavy on Jacinda I can't turn it off fast enough. I could tolerate this Victoripunzel centric one because most of it was the Rapunzel actress and not the Victoria actress. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Souris said:

I'm honestly surprised ratings didn't drop a tenth after the time off.

They basically did. That drop between first and 2nd half hour was horrific. It had the worse ratings of the night. By the end of the episode it was at a 0.4.

15 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm assuming Souris's surprise was that the first hour was steady with the previous episode after several weeks off the air.

As the song goes, "The cat came back / the very next day / The cat came back / We thought he was a goner..."

I get that the point is it wasn't steady. It was the lowest rated show of the night and by the end of the 1 hr episode was at a 0.4. It lost massive chunk of demo in the half hrs. 

I wonder how next week will be, since they're borderline at the line to getting a 0.4 and with Star Wars coming out, yikes.

6 hours ago, Camera One said:

Rumple’s supposed to be a good father

If this doesn't make you laugh or barf (or both), you're not paying attention.

5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

anyone who has watched Stranger Things knows that some kids can act their asses off.

There are great child actors: Trixie on Lucifer, Jack and especially Diane on Black-ish, Madelyn Grace and Bea Corley as Lucy on Z Nation...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, jhlipton said:

There are great child actors: Trixie on Lucifer,

I would like to have seen how Scarlett Estevez would play Lucy. I bet I'd LOVE Lucy if she played her. That girl is just so natural and adorable on camera. Also love Jack and Diane. Yes, there are many great child actors out there. I wonder if it's just that no good actors want to be on a sinking ship, so we kind of got some bottom of the barrel talent here. lol

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Souris said:

I'm honestly surprised ratings didn't drop a tenth after the time off.

I'm really surprised too - I think in the past we've usually seen a drop in the first episode back after the two week AMA/Thanksgiving break. If they can hold a .5 rating through 7A, I would not expect a cancellation announcement anytime soon. Not to say it won't ultimately go lower and get cancelled, I just think it's too early for ABC to make that call (given the state of their lineup). It also means A&E probably won't be writing towards a series end, so I wouldn't hold your breath for any cameos or Storybrooke scenes. They could very well not know the fate of the show until the season (or at least filming) is over (like last year)...

• Love 3

I think the ratings are so low to start that where you'd normally expect to see a full tenth come off the demo, the drop will be less obvious. Last year, the ratings went up a tenth after the two week break. This year, they continue to drop a bit more each week. This week started a half tenth lower than the first half hour of 7x07. They ended up in basically the same place clinging to a .45 that allows for an overall rounding up to .5. That starting number continues to creep downwards towards a .4 in the demo.  Sure, the show appears to be pulling a .5, but that audience is gone by the 30 minute mark. Ad industry people have already remarked on the low interest in this show. The huge in-episode drops have got to be a problem for them too. You have to be assured an ad in the first break or you're getting a much, much smaller audience than the .5 implies.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

I think the ratings are so low to start that where you'd normally expect to see a full tenth come off the demo, the drop will be less obvious. Last year, the ratings went up a tenth after the two week break. This year, they continue to drop a bit more each week. This week started a half tenth lower than the first half hour of 7x07. They ended up in basically the same place clinging to a .45 that allows for an overall rounding up to .5. That starting number continues to creep downwards towards a .4 in the demo.  Sure, the show appears to be pulling a .5, but that audience is gone by the 30 minute mark. Ad industry people have already remarked on the low interest in this show. The huge in-episode drops have got to be a problem for them too. You have to be assured an ad in the first break or you're getting a much, much smaller audience than the .5 implies.

Precisely why there's huge chances of it being cancelled and they'll announce it probably in January. They cannot be happy with it performing the way it is now. Just last year OUAT was the top rated drama of the entire network sans Shonda Trio, now it's the lowest rated show on the network. That's a massive drop and it's going hit horrible numbers in Spring time, it could be looking at 0.4/0.3 for the show. No I think it's over and Adam and Eddy said they can write this season as the series finale. I don't think they're dumb enough.  I just hope they get enough time to give us SB and the cameos in the finale.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would like to have seen how Scarlett Estevez would play Lucy. I bet I'd LOVE Lucy if she played her. That girl is just so natural and adorable on camera. Also love Jack and Diane. Yes, there are many great child actors out there. I wonder if it's just that no good actors want to be on a sinking ship, so we kind of got some bottom of the barrel talent here. lol

I wouldn't be too sure. Lucy has been given lines of pure, clunky exposition. Like, stuff only a writer speaking to an audience across the fourth wall should say. Hard to make that charismatic.

14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would like to have seen how Scarlett Estevez would play Lucy. I bet I'd LOVE Lucy if she played her. That girl is just so natural and adorable on camera.

In wide-eyed, gap-toothed wonder: "Are you.. my Daddy?" (instead of "Are you... the Devil?")  LOL

But @Noneofyourbusiness is probably right - no actress could make Lucy's lines great.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

I wouldn't be too sure. Lucy has been given lines of pure, clunky exposition. Like, stuff only a writer speaking to an audience across the fourth wall should say. Hard to make that charismatic.

Makes you wonder if Jared was the bad actor we thought he was or if he suffered because of the writing. Lucy and Henry are two different characters, but the writers are the same.

As for ratings, meh. They'll get their full season in, but this will likely be their last. ABC can only be so desperate. And with AOS now settling in around the same ratings as Once, both shows are likely to get canned. Channing better have some good drama for midseason replacements or she's probably going to be following Eddy and Adam out the door.

I don't think any young actor could elevate the dialog, which sucks, but the Lucy actress lacks any sort of charisma for me. She could just as well be a cardboard cut out with a tape recorder saying the lines. Other young actresses could at least bring some life to the character. She would still be as silly and ridiculous as she is, because Lucy is just a terrible character, but with the right actress I might actually care if she lived or not. I'm actively rooting for a young child to be dead. That's not a good place to be. haha

Actually, I just thought about it and the casting is perfect because Lucy is completely charmless, just like her mother. So I guess they were casting for someone who wouldn't out act Dania.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, sharky said:

Makes you wonder if Jared was the bad actor we thought he was or if he suffered because of the writing. Lucy and Henry are two different characters, but the writers are the same.

I never thought Jared was a bad actor. Lucy's lines are more on the nose than Henry's. It's like trying to summarize everything.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

I never thought Jared was a bad actor.

I thought he was very natural the first season or two.  He then suffered the same fate that a number of child actors face when hitting the teen years, they go from being natural to where you can see them trying to act. As far as child actors losing their naturalness when they get older, he was actually not too bad.  He ended up doing much better than I thought he would when he and Pan switched bodies, and many of his more cringeworthy moments were more due to writing. 

Still he was not a compelling actor in later years, and episodes or scenes that featured him tended to not exactly keep me glued to the screen.  I am still a little bitter that with all of the regulars who were known to be leaving the end of last season, HenryJared is the one who got the most screen time.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

And that's after gutting the cast!

It looks like "old/expensive" is the way they list it for every show. So it may not be expensive, especially with the cuts to the cast, but it's still old so gets that category. Brooklyn 99 got an "old/expensive" label and that's a comedy.

I take comfort in the fact that AOS is labeled exactly like Once by the Grim Reaper. I can't see how you can justify cancelling one of those and not the other. Both got a stay of execution, but both are still old and with similar ratings.

Just now, sharky said:

It looks like "old/expensive" is the way they list it for every show. So it may not be expensive, especially with the cuts to the cast, but it's still old so gets that category. Brooklyn 99 got an "old/expensive" label and that's a comedy.

TV Grim Reaper believes that any show that goes X number of seasons will be "expensive" because he believes the stars will always get salary increases.  Any time an actor leaves a show, he claims it's due to network finances, regardless of what anyone else says.  (I know he thinks that about most of the OUAT cast cuts, but he hasn't mentioned JMo (because it's clear he'd be wrong).

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, CCTC said:

Still he was not a compelling actor in later years, and episodes or scenes that featured him tended to not exactly keep me glued to the screen.  I am still a little bitter that with all of the regulars who were known to be leaving the end of last season, HenryJared is the one who got the most screen time.

I never thought he lost his naturalness, and he was underused. At least, for more interesting scenes where I'd have liked him to be present and develop into more of a hero.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sharky said:

I don't know any particulars, but my guess would be that Andre Braugher and Andy Samberg would have fairly large salaries, comparatively. Terry Crews, too, maybe. Plus, Fox doesn't own it, so the profit is less.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

Henry also got twisted into a cheerleader for Rumple and Regina and A&E's mouthpiece. Henry was better in season one and two. Yes, he believed in the Curse, but he was also an unhappy child. When he tells Emma in his sad voice that Regina doesn't love him, she only pretends too I felt for him. Same when he realized Nicholas and Ava were using him. For a moment he was so happy kids were talking to him and being nice to him, only to learn it was a trick. The way he believed in Emma that she was going to fix everything. How happy he was when he learned Emma was staying and the clock moved. When he listened to Emma talking to Ashley and told Emma she didn't have to stay. How happy he was when Emma told him, she'd see him tomorrow. How sad he was when he over heard Emma saying he was crazy or Archie crushed him in that therapy session. There was so much to Henry then just being a kid who knew about the Curse. Henry was afraid of Regina. His talk with Regina in the second episode of season two. He wasn't fooled by her. He made Regina realized she had become her mother. How happy he was when he learned she was trying to quit magic and do good. But then they turned him into a cheerleader for Regina and Rumple. Gone was any memory of how Regina treated him, his fear, and knowing what she did. He became an idiot lecturing Emma all the time for anything she did and never once lectured Regina. His reaction to Marion was horrible. His stupid plot to run away and destroy magic? A&E destroyed Henry's character.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

I just watched the promo for next week.  Will Zelena's return bring back some old viewers?  Hopefully, that'll keep things steady, at the very least.  I don't think the half-hour drop will go away, though.

Doubtful. Zelena was on par with Belle in popularity. Her centrics were always the most boring of the season, I mean people didn't even pay attention to her centric in 6B cause of the pancake scene that happened in the episode. I know I didn't that's for sure.

The only character that can bring people back is Emma. Period. Maybe for the series finale.

Also don't forget The Last Jedi comes out Friday.

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 3
On 12/8/2017 at 6:34 PM, Rumsy4 said:

I forgot ONCE was back tonight until about five minutes ago. It will be interesting to see how many of the general audience will remember to tune in.

Eep!  I completely forgot there was a new episode until I checked in on the forum and saw comments in the ep thread.  I was thinking there was another week to go. 

Well to add mroe bad press to the reboot OUAT won 2 end of the year awards. One was a good one for the S6 Finale, Best Montage. The other is Most Convoluted Storyline for the entire S7 reboot.

More bad press for S7, and this is from TV Line one of the big champions for S7. Sounds like Mitovitch dropped it.

On 12/12/2017 at 1:55 AM, Camera One said:

I just watched the promo for next week.  Will Zelena's return bring back some old viewers?  Hopefully, that'll keep things steady, at the very least.  I don't think the half-hour drop will go away, though.

I mean, I won't be watching tomorrow night, and wasn't planning on it anyway. I was originally planning to go to the movies, but knowing how insane it's going to be on the Star Wars opening night, I'm watching other shows on at that time instead. Also, having stopped watching the show around late season 4 and only read up on what happened until the end of last season, I still don't care about Zelena, so I don't care about her return. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:55 AM, Camera One said:

Zelena doesn't seem like much of a draw, at this point it's just a struggle to maintain the current viewership with the rest of its full season to get through, let alone preventing anymore decline.

30 minutes ago, Free said:

Zelena doesn't seem like much of a draw, at this point it's just a struggle to maintain the current viewership with the rest of its full season to get through, let alone preventing anymore decline.

Which is to me impossible because every show drops in the Spring time and this show will not be the exception. It's already hitting a 0.4 in the unroundeds.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, cappoe said:

Which is to me impossible because every show drops in the Spring time and this show will not be the exception. It's already hitting a 0.4 in the unroundeds.

Agreed and it has a long hiatus and most of the back half of the season is post DST in late Spring, that's a lot going against it.

9 hours ago, Camera One said:

Adam retweeted the What Are You Watching tonight poll: 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/12/poll-what-are-you-watching-tonight-15th.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I guess "Once" is head-to-head with "Agents of Shield", both at 23%.  

Well I was watching TBBT rerun.  Now I think I'll go watch Jean Claude Van Johnson.

I voted for Agents of Shield.

I am slightly amused that he tweeted that like 9 hrs ago and there are only 274 votes for OUAT,.  I wonder what it was before he tweeted.

13 minutes ago, Camera One said:

With Disney's acquisition of Fox, their future streaming service will have added strength.  I wonder if they will hire A&E to write a new show, or maybe continue with "Once" in a different platform.  As the article pointed out, the world that Disney has the rights to now includes almost all franchises.

OUAT wasn't even mentioned and if anything I think this plus the incredibly poor ratings and response to S7 suggests Disney does not need OUAT anymore. 

• Love 2