Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Is it crazy that I'm looking at these days, Paris and especially Rio June 27-28 and all I can think of is that the show will be back in production sometime in the second week of July and that ComiCon is from July 9 to 12 and that probably puts us something like 10 weeks from the start of season 5?

Just me?  

• Love 2

No, I was actually thinking that it's probably too early for them to spill some S5 spoilers at those conventions, since they wouldn't have read any scripts yet, so hopefully they have some fun/juicy BTS info to share! I loved the convention Jen attented in... Australia, maybe? Because she was so thoughtful with her answers.

• Love 3

I always love reading or seeing Jen's interviews because she's very thoughtful and intelligent in her answers.

And colin is so cute and dorky with his whole, "what she said" .

• Love 2

A friend sent me a link to Regal Con, a Once Upon a Time convention in Anaheim. Looks like it's a good chance to meet your favorite dwarf, but otherwise I wouldn't be too excited.

Hey, there's some good actors there. I might not like all of their characters that much, but the actors are cool, and nice to look at it... Sean Maguire, David Anders and Eion Bailey. :) Too bad I don't live in CA either.

• Love 1

Part of me is a bit bitter about this, because it essentially means the writers have no plans of actually showing Hook's past (which looks pretty flipping awesome based on those comic teases) on the show. But I'm too much of a Hook fan to pass this up, so I have to buy it.

Not sure if this goes here but Jen Morrison had a Q&A session at Fan Expo Vancouver and I thought this answer about Emma's magic and Elsa was interesting.

http://ooc-charming-david.tumblr.com/post/115460165987/jennifer-morrison-on-emmas-magic-and-elsa

I remember thinking Emma was being a bit flamboyant and weird looking when she was doing magic in the Hook/Ursula episode, saving August, and this now makes sense. It does look like an awkward imitation of Elsa. How sad is it that an actress has to make up an entire fanfic in her head to act cause she has nothing else to work with? Or is this all offscreensville stuff?

• Love 6
(edited)

Yes, JMo does that all the time (make up backstory and let them inform the way she acts). For example, the way Emma eats is because foster kids are often starved and have to eat fast. Ditto Graham's bracelet, that's all JMo. And the beanies! Apparently Adam didn't like Emma wearing them and Jen had to send him fan art to convince him!

I always love her panels, very informative.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1
TV fanatic put up their round table on Heart of Gold and they all hated the Zelena is Marian twist - this is the most negative I've seen them about the show.

Here's the link to that:

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2015/04/once-upon-a-time-round-table-did-it-jump-the-shark/

Totally agree with this part:

I thought this twist was ridiculous. Even if this was the plan all along, it feels like they wrote themselves into a corner regarding the Regina/Robin/Marian triangle, and this was the only way to get out of it. It's an easy way to give Regina her happy ending without Robin having to be the bad guy and leave his sweet wife.

and this:

Yes. I do feel like the show is retconning a lot of their stories or changing things last minute. If I could go back and look at past episodes and find subtle clues and clever hints that Marian had been Zelena all this time, then I could totally accept this storyline. Sadly, I can find no such evidence of foreshadowing this turn of events so it just feels poorly conceived.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 8

Yay/ Nooo!! I don't know what to feel anymore! Happy they'll be back, but nervous that A&E have at least another 22ish episodes for them to possibly screw up even more stuff.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 2

The thing is, the show can actually be rescued and they can bring it back to season 1 levels of good if they only stop with their stunt writing and casting.  I think what's painful is that this show has so much untapped potential, but they're choosing to do other things instead.

BTW, Sebastian Roche is signed on as a recurring character for King Stefan.  They clearly changed gears somewhere along the line after they signed him on.

• Love 2

I bet Ginny and Josh are so sick of rehashing their courtship in every interview...

The thing is, the show can actually be rescued and they can bring it back to season 1 levels of good if they only stop with their stunt writing and casting. I think what's painful is that this show has so much untapped potential, but they're choosing to do other things instead.

BTW, Sebastian Roche is signed on as a recurring character for King Stefan. They clearly changed gears somewhere along the line after they signed him on.

Wasn't Frances O'Connor supposed to be recurring as well, I remember her giving an interview talking about how she was supposed to come back and then A&e just changed their minds.

Wasn't Frances O'Connor supposed to be recurring as well, I remember her giving an interview talking about how she was supposed to come back and then A&e just changed their minds.

Yes, she said Colette was a recurring role here and that she would return later in the season here.

• Love 1

Poster for Cruella. This one actually wouldn't have been quite so bad as the others if they hadn't included those screenshots photoshopped into the background.

Wow, it looks like someone actually put more than four minutes of effort into it.

Yes, she said Colette was a recurring role here and that she would return later in the season here.

Makes me really wonder how S4 was originally going to play out.

Edited by KingOfHearts

BTW, Sebastian Roche is signed on as a recurring character for King Stefan.  They clearly changed gears somewhere along the line after they signed him on.

I guess that means that we'll probably see more of Maleficent, too.

Storybrooke made the EW Community Travel Guide To Fictional Towns

Storybrooke, Maine (Once Upon A Time)
Welcome to Storybrooke, a picturesque little town located on the Maine seaside. Once you cross the border of our little slice of fantasy, you’ll easily forget all your worries. Take a stroll by the water, and board one of the many ships docked in our harbor. Watch out for pirates! Next, take a stroll over to Granny’s: She serves the most magical food in town. Make sure to greet our bevy of eccentric locals who come from a wide range of far-off places. Storybrooke is the perfect getaway for anyone looking to live happily ever after! Just a warning, once you enter, you may never be able to leave!

The ones for Starling  City and Sunnydale are hilarious.

This could apply to Storybrooke too: The constant struggle for power in the Glades will keep you consistently entertained, and the return of multiple people you thought were dead will always brighten your day.

Edited by kili
  • Love 2
(edited)

I loved this tweet from the TVLine guy.

If I tweeted, I would pointedly retweet it at the writers.

It's probably a good thing I don't tweet.  I don't think I would be at all nice most of the time.

Edited by Mari