Type keyword(s) to search

The Storybrooke Daily Mirror: OUaT in the Media, Cons and Other Real Life Encounters

• Start Topic

Apparently there was supposed to be a Henry one, but he got swapped out with a Hook one.

Oh thank god.

(Also, a round of applause to the designer for giving Hook a permanent eyebrow raise.)

I bet ABC could make a decent bit of bank if they did some creative tie-in merchandising. I would buy the hell out an abridged version of Henry's storybook, for example, or a journal that looks like Rumple's spell book from season two (that thing was freakin' gorgeous).

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't remember if it was mentioned yet, but they are coming out with Once Pop Vinyls:

http://vinylmationworld.com/VMworldmob/wordpress/concept-artwork-upcoming-upon-time-pop-vinyls

I can't stress enough how much I need these in my life.

I bet ABC could make a decent bit of bank if they did some creative tie-in merchandising. I would buy the hell out an abridged version of Henry's storybook, for example, or a journal that looks like Rumple's spell book from season two (that thing was freakin' gorgeous).

I'd love to have the storybook too. Edited by Emma
(edited)

"Once" should be a shoo-in for most of these

Best (Presumed) Death or Exit: The Apprentice
Best Non-Romantic Cliffhanger: Who is Lily's father
Unforgettable Line: "Stealing for yourself makes you a thief.  Stealing for someone else makes you a hero"  Darn, that wasn't from the finale... I'll have to go with "You've worked too hard to have your happiness destroyed."
Funniest Moment in a Drama: When the Apprentice tried to put the darkness into the Hat
Best Twist: When the Darkness wouldn't fit into the Hat

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
Unforgettable Line: "Stealing for yourself makes you a thief.  Stealing for someone else makes you a hero"  Darn, that wasn't from the finale... I'll have to go with "You've worked too hard to have your happiness destroyed."

"Thanks to the hero Regina's sacrifice, Isaac's villainous work was undone."

• Love 1

They're releasing another companion novel, this time about Red. They could have used one of the S2 promo pics with Meghan instead of that random model for the cover.

Anyway, they must be selling if they keep releasing them. I don't get why they won't have more merchandise.

(edited)

^ wow. i agree with nothing on that best/worst list except for the season 5 wish of more CS and Cruella being the awesome lady she is. I'm surprised that Belle's centric got the worst ep. title; it wasn't the best, but I thought it was far from the worst. I voted for a "B."

As for the Red story, I wish it was a story of what she's been up to the past 2 seasons. They probably didn't use an official image of Red because then maybe they would have had to pay Meghan royalties or something? I don't know.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

I saw the EW Season Finale nominations are out, and Once only got three. I think two of them were stupid, actually. One was "Emma becomes evil" as "twist everyone saw coming". And, I mean, she DIDN'T go evil? WTF? The second was Lily as a Breakout Character... and again, seriously? Is anyone even checking for Lily? SQers loved her when she was young, latina, only in flashbacks and a stand-in for Regina, but now that's she's grown up, interacting with Emma in the present, and possibly taking away from Regina Emma's "friendship" screentime, are they still into her? I wouldn't think so. And the rest of the fandom either hates her or is indifferent. Either Anna or Elsa would fit more as a "breakout" character, but not ever them. I think the only ones who fit (who weren't main cast from the beginning) would be Belle, Hook, Jefferson and maybe Red?

• Love 1

Ooo new photos! Not sure if I like the waistcoat chain, but he always looks good. I had to laugh at the one tweet that didn't mention Colin, just said it was a woman with her award. Nice award. :)

Damn it, Colin! I like to consider myself a normal, rational adult. But no. No, you had to go and wear that damn suit and now I'm in danger of people thinking I'm some stark raving mad fangirl.

O'Liferuiner indeed.

• Love 2

Damn it, Colin! I like to consider myself a normal, rational adult. But no. No, you had to go and wear that damn suit and now I'm in danger of people thinking I'm some stark raving mad fangirl.

O'Liferuiner indeed.

You and me both. I actually quite like the waistcoat and chain. It fits him.

I would say from the rest of the body language in that one photo that the clenched fist likely means some pretty extreme anxiety -- that "I'm not entirely comfortable with this and am not sure how to stand or what to do with my hands" stance. There's a lot of tension there in his whole body. Not that I've studied it that intensely. I just recognize it, though with me at the same time you'd be getting the evil demon eyes that come out when I'm photographed and uncomfortable about it.

(edited)

Am I the only one that looked at the pictures and kept thinking "But, he looks so tiny!"?

I actually thought he looked a bit … beefier than usual. Not that he's remotely beefy. He's a slender guy.

As for the clenched fist, probably a combination of discomfort and the habit of clenching his fist for the hook. He did say he kept catching himself holding his hand like he was clenching the hook in the eps where he had both hands, by force of habit.

Edited by Souris

Some nice pics of Colin at the IFTA Awards.

I saw those on Twitter. The suit may or may not make me weak-kneed. You be the judge ;). I would like to nominate Colin for just being all -around dashing and a great actor, too!

Am I the only one that looked at the pictures and kept thinking "But, he looks so tiny!"?

No, you are not. ☺

I liked the suit -- blue looks awesome with his blue eyes -- but a black tie with brown shoes? Please, someone, anyone, buy that boy a pair of black dress shoes for his suits. I beg of you.

• Love 2

I actually thought he looked a bit … beefier than usual. Not that he's remotely beefy. He's a slender guy.

Yes, I thought maybe the suit could be tailored a bit better, because it's a bit small on him.

• Love 2

I liked the suit -- blue looks awesome with his blue eyes -- but a black tie with brown shoes? Please, someone, anyone, buy that boy a pair of black dress shoes for his suits. I beg of you.

Yes, I thought maybe the suit could be tailored a bit better, because it's a bit small on him.

Y'all must not be keeping up with the latest GQ fashion trends! ;) The brown shoes/navy suit look is very in right now, and the black tie is far enough away from the brown shoes so that they don't clash. (I'm actually rather fond of brown/black myself.) But yeah, the trim suit trend isn't going away any time soon. I think the suit fits Colin just right—if you want to see what a real tiny suit looks like, check out the latest Italian fashions where the pants look like capris. Those are small suits.

• Love 3

Man, those two are way adorable!

I must be old fashioned with the brown/black mixing. But yea, the suit was well tailored -- loved it! And interesting about the tweet for who made it. That's usually something celebrities do if they get cpomped clothes as a way to advertise in exchange for the outfit. Which then means that Colin is starting to get big enough to have designers pay attention to him.

Yeah, I definitely think some publicist sent him the clothes. I don't say this to be mean, but he doesn't seem like he'd have the fashion sense to chose something as unusual/interesting as the chain - his default "look" is flannel shirts.

(edited)

Eh, I hate they used Regina as the back of all the cards. No thanks.

I bet the choices had something to do with "Regina steals hearts! She'll be hearts! Hook's wearing black! He'll be on a black suit!"

Edited by Souris
(edited)

Those are good, but so depressing, I'm so sad that the Man Of Steel "everything must be muted colors" aesthetic has been all over entertainment lately.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 2