Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Watching Kathryn and her husband in their scene was cringeworthy to me. They both are way too aware of the cameras. His yelling about how good looking his wife is was so...not phony, but done up for the cameras. Reminded me of Yolanda's "my loves". Empty admiration. I could tell they really aren't as rich as Kathryn was trying to make them look. She's claiming that they're so rich, neither of them needs to work anymore. Liar, liar pants on fire! If you don't need to work, why are you doing this show? And I agree with another poster. Anyone can go try on overly expensive jewelry and leave without buying anything. Her husband had a distressed look on his face the whole time she was trying on that jewelry.

Seriously, I thought I was the only one. Dude is the King of Cornball.

Erika Jayne made me laugh saying how casual barbecues are back in Atlanta or wherever she's from, while simultaneously wearing a pair of six inch pumps.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 20

Kyle - so desperate for attention, admiration, and approval that she HAS to have caterers for a little "BBQ", tell friends the wrong dress code, and invite people,who don't get along, to stir the pot and make herself feel better about her family situation. She is 2 faced, acting indignant when she doesn't like something someone else has done, yet doing the same to others. I don't like when Portia is on because it's so contrived. Always has been.

Lisa V - getting bored with her. Really doesn't have a storyline and is grasping at straws to have one. Must say, at least when Kylemwas pumping her for info on the kids' Lyme, she kept,saying "I don't want to talk about it." Much Kyle should have done..

Yolanda - Does she own any other pants than those white jeans? That is ALL she ever wears. Every show. Every season. Boring. Only showed up to get more pity, and complain. I did like how the others laughed at their own expense about how plastic they are when YoYo started talking about not wearing anything with toxins.

Kathryn - don't start talking "gangsta" then fold like a house of cards at the first breeze. If you're so offended by FAye, and we all should be, then stick up for yourself. Boring!

Eileen - boring.

LisaR - boring and shady

Camille - always funny, and a breath of fresh air

Erika - doesn't do or say much, so boring by default

FAye - so desperate for attention that she'd sell her mother's soul to the devil. Has no business acting high and mighty. Profited from a murder that is the only thing she is, or will be known for. If she didn't do anything wrong, own it, otherwise, shut up and crawl back into your hole. Viper. If this is Kyle's "bestest friend in the whole, entire world" then by association Kyle is.....

• Love 16

For those who are interested in what Faye actually said in her book regarding Kathryn:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/a-deep-dive-into-the-kathryn-vs-faye-feud

Sorry but it's not as scandalous as Kathryn is making it out to be IMO. And, as Erika said, if you're going to confront someone about something they wrote about you, then read what they wrote about you. Kathryn says she didn't read the book and that she only read what was in headlines. Hm. It seems to referred to as an affair but according to Faye, Nicole told OJ they just played. What the truth is, I don't know, but for me it's just not all that.... Interesting that Camille and Eileen have both said on WWHL that they like Faye.

The biggest thing Kathryn was upset about was that she said Faye said she turned a blind eye to Marcus(?) having affairs. Faye states twice in the excerpt referenced that Kathryn did so. The second thing I believe she mentioned was the assertion of the affair in the first place, which of course, is referenced in the excerpt as well, claiming he not only went after Nicole, but Faye herself. So, Kathryn did not make any claims about the book that didn't turn out to be true.

• Love 11

It was interesting seeing Lisa slip up with the Mohamed/Bella/Anwar thing, she's usually smarter than that, but she was still smart enough to instantly realize she made a mistake, and immediately start back peddling. Mohamed's statement allows conciliation with Lisa, she apparently misunderstood "fine", he says he supports his children, he doesn't mention the Lyme issue, let alone say yes/no or even maybe, and firmly states there will be no further questions. He is not a man who dwells on the the past, he looks forward.

Everyone's baiting was just so obvious in this episode, even Lisa's. I think the producers took stock after the Hamptons, and decided no more pussyfooting. Erika is not cutting it, so Kathryn was hired. Kathryn is rich and pretty, but being one of the people Faye Resnick threw under the bus is what sealed the deal for the producers. Kathryn and Faye are supposed to interact, the producers would've insisted/demanded that Kyle invite Kathryn and Faye, and Kathryn and Faye would've been ordered to attend by the producers. Eileen's Italy trip scored her points with the producers, she's honest and warm, and the ashes endeared her, even though it's a little questionable to allow cameras to film it. Expect Rinna to attempt something similar with her father's remains.

I don't think Erika will make it to next season, and if Yolanda continued to show up to filming looking unkempt and untelegenic plus only stayed for 5 minutes, unless she shows some conspicuous improvement in hair, makeup, wardrobe, endurance and demeanor in the hiatus, she's gonna be cut as well.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 8

The biggest thing Kathryn was upset about was that she said Faye said she turned a blind eye to Marcus(?) having affairs. Faye states twice in the excerpt referenced that Kathryn did so. The second thing I believe she mentioned was the assertion of the affair in the first place, which of course, is referenced in the excerpt as well, claiming he not only went after Nicole, but Faye herself. So, Kathryn did not make any claims about the book that didn't turn out to be true.

Bullshit!

Marcus has a type and Faye is not it at all.

Faye knows where all the bodies are buried. That is all she got going for herself.

They all partied back in the days and that includes Kyle as well.

Kyle needs to stop pushing Porsha, it really wastes film.

Kyle sucks at life, IMO.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 10

What she wrote about Kathryn is one thing. What she wrote about Marcus Allen is another. Kathryn was very specific in saying that she was upset about what Faye wrote about 'her', even though she didn't read the book and says what she knows she got from Enquirer headlines. She never mentioned about being upset about what was said about Marcus.

She doesn't even mention her ex husband in her blog. She does say what Faye said about her is a lie. I don't understand what she's talking about - what was the lie about Kathryn? She didn't read the book. Is she talking about the statement that Faye says Kris Jenner made about turning a blind eye about Marcus cheating? If Kathryn is referring to this, Interesting that Kathryn doesn't state that Marcus didn't cheat. It's all rather muddled.

Yes, she was upset that Faye said she turned a blind eye to the alleged cheating. She said she was a confrontational person and wouldn't have let that slide. It really bothered her.

And on the excerpt you linked to, first Faye said she and Nicole were worried OJ would tell Kathryn about the alleged affair, and mentioned something about Kathryn overlooking such things. Then later, she quoted Kris Jenner supposedly also saying Kathryn turned a blind eye to that sort of thing, as long as it's not public or blatant.

• Love 5

But the thing is, Kyle has been friends with Faye Resnick for a very long time. Faye has appeared briefly in a couple of episode in the past, but if you recall she never appeared in any episodes last year because the drama was all about dysfunctional Kim and the relationship troubles with Kyle. Faye didn't want to get in the middle of that fiasco and Kyle wouldn't push to have Faye make her appearance either. But this year suddenly we're seeing Faye Resnick begin to weasel into the group where she really doesn't belong. Kyle knew of the book of course and the allegations she made about Marcus Allen and Nicole. What did Kyle expect at her 'barbecue'?  Did she think the two of them would air-kiss and make up and let bygones be bygones? Of course not. Kyle is stirring the pot again and will regress to the background and look shocked when all the shit hits the fan.

Faye is around all the time, we just don't hear her saying much. We saw her twice last year. At Kyle's White Party and her "Tops and Bottoms" deal (or whatever it was called). This has always been the case. On rewatching seasons one and two I was shocked at how often she was around, even at a couple of Lisa V's events.

Unless Kathryn was just too stupid to research a show she was joining, she had to be aware that Faye and Kyle are very close and Faye gets invited to shit. If this is all so painful for her, why put herself in this situation? Apparently she lives in San Diego, so her role on the show is to bring drama around the OJ deal. I'm sure they are all aware of this and are not going to disappoint.

Bravo did take Faye's blog down in S3. The comments were beyond cruel, and even Lisa V and Brandi urged the death threats to stop. Faye apparently went into hiding. It might just be rumor, but word on the street (thanks Aviva) was that Bravo was desperate to bring her on again in a larger role in S4 because it was all just too good, but Faye was afraid because of the audience reaction and said she wouldn't do it. Bottom line, Kyle has always brought her around a lot, so none of this can truly be a shock to Kathryn.

• Love 12

I am having problems with these ladies and their timelines.

Kathryn speaks of moving to LA in 1984, and bowing out when running into Yolanda at modeling auditions.  Problem is Yolanda didn't move to LA until 1994 (a year after Kathryn married Marcus) and became pregnant with Gigi in the fall of 1994.  Exactly when did their modeling careers overlap and where?  There has to be another modeling photo of Yolanda besides the swimsuit one of her amazing stride.  I am not seeing any overlap and to be quite honest how much competition was there with 30 year old models? I kind of had the same issue with Rinna last year claiming she would run into Yolanda at auditions-was Yolanda auditioning for acting roles?  Is everyone just afraid to say they knew Yolanda because she married a rich and ostentatious Mohamed?

So Kyle was friends with Faye before the 1994 slayings?  An interesting group of friends back then for Kyle, Bethenny Frankel and Faye Resnick.  Somehow I think the running in the same circles is getting blurred with this group.  So if Kyle was running in the same circle as Faye pre-slayings, would she not have known if Kathryn and Faye were part of the same circle?  Did Kyle hang with OJ and Nicole?  There seem to be some lines being blurred.

Yolanda claimed she was in the hospital for nine days, a time period I found extraordinary.  She was picked up by Erika on August 10th.  The other ladies made their way back to Beverly Hills shortly thereafter, attending Lisa's Dog hero awards on or about August 13th.  We have scenes this week of Faye and Kyle and it reading 5 days ago, before the party and talking about her closet.  The party didn't seem to be that night so I am guessing it was around the 20th.  Yolanda walked in and said I just had surgery 10 days ago.  I think she meant she left the hospital after the extended stay 10 days ago.  I find Yolanda annoying. 

• Love 15

My favorite part of the show was Kyle not realizing what "barbecue" actually means. I'm not surprised by it, really. But I did find it funny. Why didn't she just call it what it was?

Wait. What was it?

Also, Faye's face is scary. I wonder if your eye adjusts to bad plastic surgery when you live in an area that has so much of it. Maybe it begins to appear normal. To me, those smooth, unexpressive faces and pronounced cheekbones and unnaturally high and large breasts are just weird. I live in a wealthy area, and I notice facelifts in older women and boob jobs on some otherwise very petite women, but that's about it. Oh, Botox here and there, too.

• Love 11

I confess I don't read any background on the howives or new howives. I usually have no idea who they are until either the show or someone on this board enlighten me. So when they announced that Kathryn was a new cast member, I was like who?  Then they immediately started talking OJ and I was like oh really? I am curious to know who recruited her and why. She doesn't seem to know know any of the howives except Lisa R, and that was because of the OJ thing. Now I'm hearing that she actually lives in San Diego, not LA. Which means that it she wasn't brought in as a real friend (like Faye) or because she is a known quanitity on the LA scene, they went out and got her to set up Kyle and Faye drama. Any scene involving Kathryn  outside that, like at the jewelers falls totally flat. I am not a big football person, but they showed a pic of her husband wearing a Chargers uniform, and I'm guessing he retired from that team. Lots of former players stay close to the community they played in, and are active in charity work, local business and team activities, so living in San Diego makes sense. Which makes bringing her in nonsensical, other than to stir up OJ drama. I personally find the OJ stuff interesting, not from the perspective of what happened, but from the perspective that it shows how freaking small that town is. I suspect people still talk about OJ in BH, because it hit so close to home. Just like any other community where a high profile crime was committed. But this one has legs because it many of the folks involved were, are or have become household names.

I figure Kathryn is probably one and done unless she develops a storyline outside of the OJ stuff She isn't a local and they could bring in anyone to go visit jewerly stores and not buy anything. I also don't think she's as rich as that segment implied. LVP can walk into a jeweler on a random Tuesday and drop a couple of mil on a ring   but I seriously doubt Kathryn is in that same position. 

• Love 5

Eileen and the ashes -- there are a lot more ashes than what were in that little compact.  (I've scattered two.)   Didn't she say the ashes were going to be scattered in several places?  If so, why put yourself through that more than once.  Unless her sister's kids also have ashes to scatter. 

Right?  Did she keep dipping into the big bag of ashes to refill that little compact so the disbursement could be done in various places?  The scenery where she dumped them was beautiful but as they floated down onto the roof of the veranda below, I couldn't help but wonder why she didn't just hire a boat and scatter them over the water in the background.  Not enough room on a boat for a film crew?

• Love 9

I don't think I've ever cried while watching any RH franchise (other than tears from hysterical fits of absurd laughter) until Eileen's scene in Italy, and then I bawled like a baby.  Normally I'd be against anything so personal being on camera, feeling it was being played up for the camera, but this was a real moment and it showed.

• Love 9

Not just manipulated, but manipulated with a feel of desperation I haven't really seen on this show before.  Rinna is a terrible shit-stirrer, she's awkward and doesn't commit.  Vanderpump can't get anyone to spill, and she's equally as clumsy about it.  Kyle was pretty brazen tonight, which was fascinating and incredibly obvious.  It's almost like before they filmed this they threatened all of them.  I want to know what those threats were, and whether the ladies are intentionally fumbling things as a kind of protest.  Clearly they aren't giving the editors anything to work with or it'd all be seamless.  Plus, bringing in a new person this far into things...desperate.

SO agree.

I really didn't like Kyle last night.  She was herself at her worst - being catty and pretending to be innocent, both with her "innocent"  "Gee, Lisa, talk some more ON CAMERA about Yolanda's CHILDREN and this supposed LYME disease and what their FATHER says about them."  

And then as soon as she got done with that, shoving Faye and Kathryn at each other.  

What's weird is that so far this season, Kyle has been absolutely desperate to be on everyone's good side and to not cause trouble.  I think she was raked over the coals for so many seasons; she's had genuine trauma with her sisters and her family; and all she wanted this year, pretty plainly to me, was to be friends with everyone.  So why this, now?  I mean, this wasn't shit-stirring.  This was full on shit-carpet-bombing.  

I agree with Redhead Zombie as well as you, I feel like there was a production meeting, and the ladies were told:  "Bring it, or we'll bring back Brandi."  Not even really kidding.  This dinner - as awkward and awful as it was - felt like Kyle, in particular, was executing her homework assignment; much as the Lisa Rinna "Munchausen" conversation felt like Lisa Rinna doing HER homework assignment.  "Okay, Kyle.  It is your turn to cause trouble.  Go."

At the same time, this episode reminded me why we do NOT want Brandi back.  As long as Brandi was on the show, there was always only one storyline and one dynamic.  Brandi shows up, Brandi loses her temper and says/does something offensive and reactionary (curses, slaps, throws wine, screams), and the women all react to it.  That was literally the one and only storyline (other than Kim's addiction) of the last two seasons of the show.  And it got old and dead ended itself.

For all that this was awkward and tension filled, at least it was more complicated than Brandi curses/women react.  Seeing HOW Kyle executed her assignment, seeing HOW Lisa Rinna tries to extricate herself from her Munchausen's comment, watching how Kathryn and Faye each try to play their assigned roles, it felt like a more multi-dimensional dynamic.  

My new thing is trying to figure  out the reality of the Kyle/LVP relationship.  I was on the side that thought they had genuinely made amends and were friends again.  This episode has me backtracking on that.  Kyle really went after LVP on the Mohamed thing - and that was interesting too.  I believe that LVP didn't want to talk about it, so why not just say "Mohamed never talks about his kids' health with me."  End of conversation!  But LVP left an opening and that had to be on purpose, on some level.  Maybe she was ordered to do it, but thought she could control how far it went?  

And then to me LVP took her revenge by going after Kyle via Faye.  Although I think that makes LVP look bad:  if you don't want to look like you hold a grudge, LVP, don't pitch a temper tantrum because Faye was "rude" to you four years ago.  (Literally.  That was 2012.  This is 2016.)   This is LVP gaming the situation:  LVP knows the internet hates us some Faye, and one way to always make yourself look good is to go after Faye, and one way to win a fight with Kyle is to make it a fight about Faye.  So it felt like a little bitch battle:  Kyle digs with Mohamed, LVP digs back with Faye.   That doesn't seem like something real friends do. 

While I did NOT like Kyle in this episode, I also have to grudgingly give her credit for one thing.  Kyle is loyal, and always has been.  Unlike LVP, she doesn't turn on her friends based on internet opinion.  She stood by Taylor when the world hated Taylor, and she has been stalwart by Faye when everyone hates Faye.  She even befriended Camille in the interludes between seasons one and two, when the WORLD hated Camille, because Camille was going through the divorce.  Kyle acts according to her own moral compass, not public opinion, and even though I cannot understand any moral compass that includes Faye Resnick (you need to get that thing calibrated, Kyle), I thought her testimony about Faye was kind.  She knew it wasn't going to be a popular thing to say, she certainly knew Faye was brought on to be a villain (which Faye obviously agreed to), but she stood up for her friend.  I have to give her some kudos for that.

Finally - sorry for the long post - I have to agree that LVP is having a bad season.  Tonight they showed her hazing Kathryn for no good reason, just as she did with Erika.  Is LVP really that desperate to protect her position as Queen of the BH?  Not a good look, Lisa.

And finally:  the gossip I most want to hear is what's going on with the LVP/Mohamed friendship.  Is it really severed?  Did LVP go too far?  Is she that dumb, really?  That seems way out of character.  Did she get too big for her britches, and assume Mohamed would back her over Yolanda, forgetting that this isn't about Yolanda really, it's about his kids, who he plainly adores?

OH!  And one last thing.  (Sorry for how long this is.  I am on opinion overload.)  Yolanda must be getting good PR counsel.  Her latest blog is WAY more conciliatory and friendly than usual for her.   No lecturing, no condescension.  No insane statements.  I think she has figured out how she is coming across and is trying her own form of damage control in advance of the Reunion. 

• Love 24

Kyle's dogs are adorable. How is she not covered with dog fur? I have two golden retrievers (one was a rescue) and a medium sized mixed breed (from a shelter) and I always seem to find bits of blonde fur stuck to my clothes. I always have to use the sticky roller brush after leaving my house/car to get the fur off me. Kyle's interactions with her fur babies is so natural and loving. I'm always a bit more lenient on people who are loving "parents" of dogs/cats/animals. So I'm a bit more lenient with Kyle and the Lisas. "bg" was horrible to her animals (imo) so that was another strike against her.

Does anyone know the names and breeds of Kyle's (and the Lisa's) dogs?

LOL @ Kyle saying she shouldn't have called it a barbecue

I think Faye took an Erika approach to Kathryn. She just let Kathryn talk/vent and stayed calm. I wonder if she was always going to handle it that way or did Erika coach her after warning her that Kathryn was going to pop off.

• Love 8

Did Kathryn's husband call it "West Minister Abbey"? Dear Lord....

Kyle on the phone, with the constant dog and kid interruptions = MY. LIFE. Also, she is such a fourth time mom. "As long as it's not a knife (that Portia is running around with), I'm good!" Ha. I got you, girl. First child - every last thing is babyproofed. Fourth (or 3rd in my case) child, "Yea, sure, roller skate around the house with a crutch." I couldn't help laughing. 

Damn, Lisar has NO qualms about asking the personal questions, does she? "Are your lips real?" "Why haven't you had kids?" - all fair game when you haven't seen someone in over a decade! She's like Lisav levels of nosy, but not nearly as smooth about it. 

Speaking of Lisa V, she is wearing me down. I've gone back and forth on her over the years; there are some things I really like about her. I love how she adores her animals. But this season she has been majorly irritating. Last night in the limo, when Kathryn called herself "a man in a woman's body", Lisa got super serious about how that was HER line. First, I've never heard her say that. Second, it doesn't strike me as very accurate. But let's just suppose she HAS said that before (I'm not privy to her entire life) and there's some truth to it - can't it ALSO be true of Kathryn???

It's just like the pink thing - acting all indignant if anyone else dares to wear "her color". Does Lisa V have many girlfriends outside of this show? I'm seriously asking. Because she doesn't seem to get that what often draws you to another person is the things you have in common. "Oh, you love pink too? Let's go shopping sometime!" It makes me think she isn't really interested in being friends, but more like someone in the circle who stands just outside of it, because she is so special and superior to everyone else. 

Also, I love how she will badger someone for all the details of their personal life, not caring how uncomfortable they look, but expects others to shut shit down the minute she says so. Bella and Anwar's supposed Lymes got brought up; I think Kyle was wondering how they were doing. Maybe she thought Erika might know. Lisa V immediately says, "I've never heard that". And then when Kyle is all, "What? What do you mean by that? Mohammed says otherwise?", Lisa wants her to shut the fuck up. Immediately. Oh okay. I agree that the kids should probably not be talked about, but she could have simply said, "I don't really know anything about their health" - or said NOTHING. And the topic would have dropped. 

And now on to the other awkward conversation at the table - Kathryn and Faye. Honestly, this is all so interesting for me, because I don't know a ton about the OJ thing. I was in 9th grade when he went to trial. I remember watching the verdict being delivered in my economics class. I know the basics, but that's about it. I've been lurking the OJ thread that was made in this forum and trying to learn as much as I can, so thank you all who have contributed! 

Anyhow, I can understand how Kathryn would feel awkward sitting across from someone who wrote a book and included her name. I can see why she felt she needed to address it. From what I can gather, Faye has never met Kathryn and made suppositions about her in the book, and I would pissed about that myself. Of course, this was 20 years ago, and Faye was supposedly heavily into drugs back then, so it's quite possible she has changed a lot since then? Maybe, maybe not. But she could have said something like, "You know, I was in a very bad place back then and I'm not proud of how I handled everything. I did write about you in the book, without knowing you, and I'm sorry for any pain that might have caused you". That might make me believe she has changed. But she had this very "I don't give a fuck", haughty attitude about it. 

Or maybe she just didn't feel comfortable discussing it at a table full of people, many of whom she knows don't like her. We shall see. I am very interested to see how it all plays out, because I don't feel this is typical Bravo manufactured drama at all. I mean, sure, bringing both women together is. But this is a very real issue, that dates back 20 years, well before the show. So it doesn't feel forced and I don't really have a dog in this fight. I'm just ready to sit back and watch!

• Love 11

I had to laugh at kyle trying to make phone calls while the dog bugged her. We had to put our dog down about year and a half ago and I still miss him. The funny thing is I miss him most when I watch people struggling to do things and their dogs are like "ummm give attention" lol. I can watch people cuddle with their pets and yeah it's cute, but it's the everyday things that make me miss my pup. Sorry tmi.

Lisa V benefits from people being polite. She is annoying me this season.

Yo, isn't new. She knows how these ladies roll. Maybe she should have gone to Kim Fields' no makeup brunch. I do understand Erika's confusion over the no bbq - - bbq. Just call it a lunch, Kyle. I don't even understand why she called it a BBQ?

Eileen made me cry.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 11

I had to laugh at kyle trying to make phone calls while the dog bugged her. We had to put our dog down about year and a half ago and I still miss him. The funny thing is I miss him most when I watch people struggling to do things and their dogs are like "ummm give attention" lol. I can watch people cuddle with their pets and yeah it's cute, but it's the everyday things that make me miss my pup. Sorry tmi.

Lisa V benefits from people being polite. She is annoying me this season.

Yo, isn't new. She knows how these ladies roll. Maybe she should have gone to Kim Fields' no makeup brunch. I do understand Katherine's confusion over the no bbq - - bbq. Just call it a lunch, Kyle. I don't even understand why she called it a BBQ?

Eileen made me cry.

Yep, no ribs, no burgers = no damned barbecue.
  • Love 8

Kyle just really got under my skin with the Faye stuff. Like was there all last season when Kim/Brandi just made her reality life hell?? No. It was The Lisas and Eileen who were damn near the supportive people in the cast. I get she and Faye have been bosom buddies since Faye was doing coke but I found it real shady to rub that in while The Lisas and Camille were there to listen but some would say at least she did it in their faces. I just didn't care for it.

Yes, and I'm not buying the "Faye has been at all my parties" stuff, either, at least for the RHOBH. If that were true, they could have shown deleted shots of those parties, and instead, they showed shots that were more like private gatherings. After all, 99% of the RHOBH dinners have been sans Faye, unless she's been hiding in broom closets. I'm so unhappy to see that she'll be at another party next week. Please, Bravo, don't inflict her upon us for the whole season!

• Love 3

Good catch by the poster who noticed Erika leaving the table and coming back behind Faye and Kyle....yep, she warned them about Kathryn plan to pop off. Sometimes I really like Erika but then she says something stupid---like denying the existence of Munchausen's Disease. Something about how no one would do that or maybe just rich people won't do that. I realize she was just being protective and loyal (great qualities) to her friend Yo. I guess I just took issue with how she worded it.

Faye has been in the background of many of Kyle's parties.

I'm not feeling Kathryn. I think she has valid reasons to not like Faye and to be angry with her. It's not her issues with Faye that are not jiving with me but other things. I'll have to think on it but even her slacker model attitude didn't sit well with me and I'm not sure why. Hmm...

I'm not sure about Erika. Sometimes I really like her but then she says something pro-Yo and words it in a way that makes her sound stupid imo....but at the same time I admire the loyalty.... I also liked her giving Kyle and Faye a heads up. Ok, I like her more than she annoys me. No one is perfect and so far that scale tips more to like than dislike imo.

• Love 8

Kyle's dogs are adorable. How is she not covered with dog fur? I have two golden retrievers (one was a rescue) and a medium sized mixed breed (from a shelter) and I always seem to find bits of blonde fur stuck to my clothes. I always have to use the sticky roller brush after leaving my house/car to get the fur off me. Kyle's interactions with her fur babies is so natural and loving. I'm always a bit more lenient on people who are loving "parents" of dogs/cats/animals. So I'm a bit more lenient with Kyle and the Lisas. "bg" was horrible to her animals (imo) so that was another strike against her.

Does anyone know the names and breeds of Kyle's (and the Lisa's) dogs?

LOL @ Kyle saying she shouldn't have called it a barbecue

I think Faye took an Erika approach to Kathryn. She just let Kathryn talk/vent and stayed calm. I wonder if she was always going to handle it that way or did Erika coach her after warning her that Kathryn was going to pop off.

Let's see River is a German Shepherd-the dog with the funky ear, they have a female Teddy bear Pom like Giggy, I think her name is Khloe, the retriever. Alexia dog bite victim, is pretty crazy about the dogs-here is a photo- https://www.instagram.com/p/7oLIgBkbhs/?taken-by=alexiaumansky.  The highlight for me was the retriever giving LVP the ball and LVP dropping the slobbery ball down Rinna's shirt.  Oh I guess they have added another dog https://www.instagram.com/p/32CKbEEbnL/?taken-by=alexiaumansky .

LVP dogs Giggy and the new  Giggy, Harrison Teddy bear Poms, Rumpy and his wife Avery-Golden Retrievers, Pink Dog, Lollipop and Pikachu, Pomeranians.

Lisar has a Rottweiler

I was a little surprised how Kathryn came off.  maybe it was 20 plus years if pent up anger but I seriously doubt her name graced the covers of any tabloids in connection with the OJ case or the Faye book.  I would think if it bothered her she would read the book.

• Love 7

Bambi sighting! Good to know he's still keeping busy crashing parties and obsessing over his ball. Loved when Kyle kicked him out and he returned through the dog door. Do we know the names of Kyle's ankle biters?

I love Bambi !!  His/her (probably 'her' considering the name?)  tennis ball obsession cracks me up.   Bambi trying to coax LisaV was cute..... say what you will about LisaV but at least she doesn't get all snooty about doggie germs/dirt/cooties.  I have to love her for that.  (However, she needs to get over herself in other areas.)

Kathryn is annoying to me thus far.  READ THE EFFING BOOK before you make comments, you damn moron.   On another note, I realize some of these ladies use the word "Like" often (looking at Rinna / Richards especially) but Kathryn took it to Kardashian levels.   And she also said "I am born in Wisconsin....etc"   You WERE born;  not AM born.   Wasn't that Kyle's tagline a few seasons ago too?  "I am born and raised in Beverly Hills" <- SHUT UP KYLE.  Geezus.  Huge pet peeve of mine.

Eileen and the ashes made me cry.  Very similar parallels with myself and my dear departed sister, who was also 12 years older than me.   OK damnit. Now I am crying again. 

Lisar has a Rottweiler

"Lola" another Real Dog of BH that I love. :)

Also, thanks for posting those pics, ZM !

• Love 10

Yep, no ribs, no burgers = no damned barbecue.

Or the old North vs South debate. In the South a barbecue is pulled pork and cook out is hamburgers and hotdogs. I can attest to this as I am a NY transplant to NC and have made this mistake. Either way ,whatever Kyle had it was certainly not a barbecue.

• Love 13

The shady producers at Bravo could have had the OJ conversation a lot more organic by going by what was really happening at the time of filming.  It would have been far more realistic for Lisar to say to Kathryn, "I auditioned for the role of Kris Jenner new American Horror Story-People v. OJ Simpson, running into you reminded me you and Marcus got married at his home before the murders."  Kyle could have then asked the Faye question.  They tried way too hard with the set up and it looked awkward.

LVP has got to let go of the Faye thing.  I thought Faye summed it up well when she broke it down to Faye protecting Kyle and LVP protecting Brandi.  LVP might want to recall she called Faye, Faye Rancid.  So LVP is not innocent in the rude department.  I do think LVP would have known Faye would be at the party.  It is not as if they don't get a production schedule.  

it is a little sad the what appeared to be real friendship between Mohamed and the Vanderpump/Todds has come to an end.   Mohamed certainly used that relationship to get his mug on TV.  I am wondering if something happened in the depositions in the Krupa v. Glanville case.  it seems they have notbeen in each others' lives since then.  I do think it appropriate to ask about Yolanda's kids-she put it out there.  Yolanda is claiming they were diagnosed two years ago.  I too would wonder why my good friend had not mentioned it to me. 

• Love 12

Last night in the limo, when Kathryn called herself "a man in a woman's body", Lisa got super serious about how that was HER line. First, I've never heard her say that. Second, it doesn't strike me as very accurate. But let's just suppose she HAS said that before (I'm not privy to her entire life) and there's some truth to it - can't it ALSO be true of Kathryn???

I have heard this before but not from Lisa.  More frequently I hear "I am a gay man in a woman's body."   

• Love 1

Nah, Vanderpump is past her due date. She is far to controlled in her emotions and very rarely opens up on camera. She is always at her best when she has a sidekick (Cedric/Brandi) imo to help make her fun.

LVP walks her cronies up to 'the line', then prods them over it, so she can stand there and tsk-tsk them for being 'naughty'.

• Love 4

Or the old North vs South debate. In the South a barbecue is pulled pork and cook out is hamburgers and hotdogs. I can attest to this as I am a NY transplant to NC and have made this mistake. Either way ,whatever Kyle had it was certainly not a barbecue.

I'm also a New Yorker plopped into the south and many years ago I went to a wedding in Durham, NC and the meal served at the reception was "barbecue," and when I asked "barbecued what?" (because to me barbecue means something on the grill) I was given a one word response:  Barbecue.

• Love 8
Anyhow, I can understand how Kathryn would feel awkward sitting across from someone who wrote a book and included her name. I can see why she felt she needed to address it. From what I can gather, Faye has never met Kathryn and made suppositions about her in the book, and I would pissed about that myself. Of course, this was 20 years ago, and Faye was supposedly heavily into drugs back then, so it's quite possible she has changed a lot since then? Maybe, maybe not. But she could have said something like, "You know, I was in a very bad place back then and I'm not proud of how I handled everything. I did write about you in the book, without knowing you, and I'm sorry for any pain that might have caused you". That might make me believe she has changed. But she had this very "I don't give a fuck", haughty attitude about it.

Exactly. I be endlessly pissed if some crackhead famewhore intimated that my husband was fucking my friend or anyone else. Even if it's true. If Faye showed one freaking iota of remorse, it would be a move on moment. But instead she sticks her nose in the air. Screw you Faye. 

As far as the BBQ, I loved that Erika, Lisa and Yo thought a BBQ was actually a BBQ and came dressed for it. I would have too. Yet the others dress like it's a night at the freaking opera, which cracks me up. Don't call it a damn BBQ unless you are planning to light the grill and serve food on paper plates. 

As for the "does Yo have Lyme?", I don't care. Clearly the woman is sick from something. As for her stating that Anwar and Bella have Lyme, I think that was a huge mistake on Yo's part in order to bolster her image and her assertions and now she has to CYA, via Mo. 

• Love 11

Let's see River is a German Shepherd-the dog with the funky ear, they have a female Teddy bear Pom like Giggy, I think her name is Khloe, the retriever. Alexia dog bite victim, is pretty crazy about the dogs-here is a photo- https://www.instagram.com/p/7oLIgBkbhs/?taken-by=alexiaumansky. The highlight for me was the retriever giving LVP the ball and LVP dropping the slobbery ball down Rinna's shirt. Oh I guess they have added another dog https://www.instagram.com/p/32CKbEEbnL/?taken-by=alexiaumansky .

LVP dogs Giggy and the new Giggy, Harrison Teddy bear Poms, Rumpy and his wife Avery-Golden Retrievers, Pink Dog, Lollipop and Pikachu, Pomeranians.

Lisar has a Rottweiler

Ahem. Aren't you forgetting someone?Someone who is a little misunderstood? Someone with some anger issues? Kingsley Cujo Pitbull Richards perhaps?

And she also said "I am born in Wisconsin....etc" You WERE born; not AM born.

That annoys me as well. RHoNY Aviva spoke that way too. It's like the Judge Judy litigants who say, "At my work" as opposed to "At my job." I never knew that was a thing until I began watching trash tv. Edited by charmed1
  • Love 5

Bambi's tennis ball obsession was giving me flashbacks to the scene in Spanglish : "Whatever you do, don't throw the ball!".  :-)

Yes!  That is exactly the thing that leaped to my mind, too.   Excellent movie. 

• Love 3

For me, this episode took this franchise into a very dark place. I hope these women realize what they're getting into by changing the directions of this show and leading it where none really wants to be. I don't even know where to start with Faye Resnick. I followed the details of the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson every day as many people did since it was the trial of the century.

During the trial, when Faye Resnick took the stand, everyone's attention was focused on each word that came out of her mouth. It was very obvious that she enjoyed the spotlight and was very comfortable bathing in it. There's many things about Resnik that was well-hidden, particularly in her own book. Let me copy and paste some excerpts from an article written by Roger Friedman in 2014.

"She cashed in on the murder of her so called “best friend” by publishing a ‘book’. The book detailed Faye’s supposed lesbian relationship with Nicole, their partying and drug taking. Their other best friend was Kris Kardashian Jenner. You get the picture. They were not what we’d call the Mensa crowd.

By 1994 she’d already been married three times. Number 2 was a guy named Fadi Halabi, with whom she has a daughter. When I wrote my story, Halabi was a fugitive on a 1983 narcotics possession charge.  Number 3 was Paul Resnick, whose daughter told Faye was the worst of her dad’s five wives. In 1989,during that marriage, police were summoned to the Resnick home when Faye shot a gun into her TV set. 

But the best part of her history involved a couple named Robert and Pearl Gibson. Resnick inveigled herself into their marriage with terrible results. The couple split, and Faye moved in with Pearl Gibson and her kids. She stayed for six months. until Pearl called the police and accused Faye of assaulting her. Resnick moved in the boyfriend Dr. Christian Reichardt, but they split when her drug problems got worse. That’s when she moved in with Nicole Simpson. She claimed to have bedded Nicole, got a $60,000 advance from a low rent publisher, and the rest is history. The last time I saw her was in the late 90s when she had glommed onto Kathy and Rick Hilton, Paris’s parents."

http://www.showbiz411.com/2014/03/19/real-housewives-beverly-hills-show-might-add-faye-resnick-infamous-from-oj-simpson-case

Basically, Fay Resnick is pretty scummy no matter what sort of erudite or intellectual vibe she attempts to project. Kyle Richards is just as low in my opinion. She purposely sat Faye and Kathryn directly opposite each other and Kyle also drew everyone's attention to herself so she could give her little speech filled with accolades and praise for her good friend Faye. If Kyle Richards had any brains at all, she wouldn't be so boastful about her friendship with Resnick.

*I want to add that I feel that Bravo has sunk pretty low and will do just about anything for ratings. They're aware that having Faye Resnick entering the fray would bring back details and questions about the murders of Nichole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. The families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown were subjected to not only having their son, daughter, brother, sister brutally murdered and dealing with that loss, but they were put through additional torture during both the criminal trial and the civil trial of O.J. Simpson. I feel it's disgusting and unforgivable of Bravo, Kyle Richards and Faye Resnick to stir up this pot again if only for the sake of the unfortunate Goldman and Brown families. I think those two families have earned the right to have some peace from these horrific events.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 13

Right?  Did she keep dipping into the big bag of ashes to refill that little compact so the disbursement could be done in various places?  The scenery where she dumped them was beautiful but as they floated down onto the roof of the veranda below, I couldn't help but wonder why she didn't just hire a boat and scatter them over the water in the background.  Not enough room on a boat for a film crew?

Whenever I see someone spread the ashes of a loved one I think about the people who rented a helicopter to do it over the ocean.

They flew to the spot they wanted, opened the door to the cabin, said some words and tossed the ashes out, where they were immediately taken by the rotor wash and pushed back into the cabin, all over the occupants.

I also knew of an old friend who lived in Sarasota and after their friend died, they jumped the fence at a local pro baseball stadium. He had asked to be spread over the pitcher's mound, but the team refused to allow it. When they got on to the field, they said some words and proceeded to spill the ashes, all over her shoes.

I want to be put into a Gatorade bottle and left someplace, preferably NOT by the side of the freeway, like the longhaul truckers do with their urine?

• Love 5

Is it just me or is there something off about Lisa Vanderpump this season? She seems sedated and just not herself in some scenes. I think she might be taking Hanky's meds.

On a purely shallow note, I think Faye would be so much prettier if she went with a hair color that wasn't what I can only describe as "Expired Self-Tanner". IMO she'd look lovely with dark brown hair.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 12

I didn't like Kathryn telling me she was a moral person. Show me, don't tell me. Also I think a truly amoral person isn't that common. Most people have morals and it how and when they apply them and to what degree. Also which morals and about what? Do you have them for everything and to what degree? Also do you some some for some stuff and do you choose to ignore them sometimes? .....it is so much more complicated then "I have morals".  I'm not sure why this is annoying me but her oversimplification of this and her self righteousness annoyed me. Probably I just have Yo induced trauma making me oversensitive to sh*t like this.

• Love 4

I ****WAS**** born and raised in Michigan; and a BBQ meant (and still does)  any type of meat on a grill.   Most likely you will be eating outside with paper plates, drinking (mostly) beer, and dressed extremely casual.  

The dogs always steal the show for me, as do any animals.  I'm like the proverbially distracted dog : "SQUIRREL!".

WQ, that's so funny :)  & I am the same way.  I actually had to rewind Bambi's scenes.  There was a scene where she was roaming in the background on a tennis court (where else would she find her treasures !?!  LOL ) , while Erika was talking to Kathryn (I **THINK**) anyways... I obviously found Bambi more interesting than the RH's. 

It's been mentioned in the Kim thread that Kingsley has gone to "live on a farm."    I was REALLY hoping for a Tia Maria Torres P&P crossover, so she could give her expert opinion on rehabbing him.   Or Cesar Milan.  

Agree with the posters upstream on Yo's annoying ever present white pants.  Maybe she feels white clothes don't have toxins.  ;P

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 5

Whenever I see someone spread the ashes of a loved one I think about the people who rented a helicopter to do it over the ocean.

They flew to the spot they wanted, opened the door to the cabin, said some words and tossed the ashes out, where they were immediately taken by the rotor wash and pushed back into the cabin, all over the occupants.

I also knew of an old friend who lived in Sarasota and after their friend died, they jumped the fence at a local pro baseball stadium. He had asked to be spread over the pitcher's mound, but the team refused to allow it. When they got on to the field, they said some words and proceeded to spill the ashes, all over her shoes.

I want to be put into a Gatorade bottle and left someplace, preferably NOT by the side of the freeway, like the longhaul truckers do with their urine?

your post reminded me of something that happened to my sister and brother-in-law in Florida. At the time they lived there, people would come with the human ashes of loved ones to the edge of the ocean and have a little ceremony and throw the ashes into the Atlantic. My sister and her husband used to take walks on the beach and one morning there was a small ashes-to-ashes ceremony going on up-wind. The ashes blew sideways down the beach where they were walking. My brother in law started to cough and spit complaining "omg! I just got someone's ass in my mouth"

• Love 6

It's been mentioned in the Kim thread that Kingsley has gone to "live on a farm."

Poor Kingsley. He lived so fast and [went to live on a farm] so young. May he, Daddy-O and Brandi's missing pooch live happily together forever.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 2

I'm actually surprised at Kyle's non BBQ. If there were two housewives I could count on to properly have an outdoor BBQ I would have thought that Kyle would be one of them along with Eileen. 

Kathryn said "I'm born in Wisconsin..." It took me back to Kyle saying "I'm born and raised in Beverly Hills..." Kathryn's midwestern accent is quite strong considering how long she's been in California. 

LisaV--the cracks have been showing all season long. She wasn't exactly welcoming to Kathryn while Kathyrn was in her home. I'm not mad at Kathryn for putting it on blast that there are piles of swan shit all over the Villa Rosa. That had me laughing my ass off. I'm just glad they didn't show any. 

I think Mohammed did say that he doesn't believe Bella and Anwar have Lyme's disease. That little clarification on WWHL didn't clear up a thing apart from it being obvious that Yolanda made her displeasure to Mohammed known.

When it comes to Kyle trying to get Faye a spot on this show, it just makes me want to tell Kyle the story about a girl named Gretchen who tried to make the word 'fetch' happen. 

• Love 6
jnymph, on 27 Jan 2016 - 07:16 AM, said:

I ****WAS**** born and raised in Michigan; and a BBQ meant (and still does)  any type of meat on a grill.   Most likely you will be eating outside with paper plates, drinking (mostly) beer, and dressed extremely casual.  

WQ, that's so funny :)  & I am the same way.  I actually had to rewind Bambi's scenes.  There was a scene where she was roaming in the background on a tennis court (where else would she find her treasures !?!  LOL ) , while Erika was talking to Kathryn (I **THINK**) anyways... I obviously found Bambi more interesting than the RH's. 

It's been mentioned in the Kim thread that Kingsley has gone to "live on a farm."    I was REALLY hoping for a Tia Maria Torres P&P crossover, so she could give her expert opinion on rehabbing him.   Or Cesar Milan.  

Agree with the posters upstream on Yo's annoying ever present white pants.  Maybe she feels white clothes don't have toxins.  ;P

^^^ Yes!  I was holding out some hope that Kingsley was sent to "Dogtown" (Best Friends) where they have the facilities and expertise to give aggressive dogs a decent life, even if some of them are "unadoptable".

• Love 3

In Italy right before Eileen went to release the ashes of her sister, she was sitting and talking with Vince while he was busy with a map planning their travel. She got up to leave and Vince said 'I know you want to be alone, I'll be here if you need me, just call me if you do."  I thought, hmm....why isn't he being a supportive husband and just letting Eileen know that he wants to be there with her at that moment for support. Even if he stood behind her 20 feet, just be a presence for her. 'If you need me call" just doesn't cut it for me at a moment like that. It's like a woman struggling to unpack groceries from the car herself and hauling them up a flight of stairs. Then the husband who is sitting watching TV watching her having a hard time says 'why didn't you ask me to help?'.  Well bozo, you have eyes and ears, it's just not that considerate to wait to be asked rather than stepping in and taking over with the help. I think Vince should have at least said "honey, I want to be there for you, I know it's difficult for you and I care enough to be there for support".

I watched Kyle busying herself with the menu planner preparing for her event that she for some reason chose to call a barbecue. She even said 'there's not even a barbecue on". The table looked very formal, the velvet chairs, the crystal wine glasses, the expensive china and silverware. And she was dressed in a long, formal purple gown, a friggen GOWN. I saw the menu and there wasn't one single barbecue item on it. She SO suckered her 'girlfriends' into coming to her grand affair dressed up like a bunch of has-been Daisy Mae's.

Seared Ahi on Jicama with Blueberry Coulis
Roasted Figs with Sonoma Goat Cheese
Roasted Carrots over Creme Fraiche with Baby Gems and fresh Herbs
Free Range Chicken Breast over Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Tomatoes and Squash
Rhubarb Tart with Plum Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate Pot de Creme Truffles.

My normal barbecue would be;

Chicken on the grill basted with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce

Hot dogs and Hamburgers for people who hate BBQ chicken

Potato Salad and Cole Slaw

Bush Brothers Baked Beans

Watermelon and Smores for dessert

handiwipes

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 12

Oh please! Kathryn "didn't read" Faye's book (or at least parts of it) the same way I "didn't eat cake for breakfast" yesterday.  There is NO way in hell that if somebody writes a book alluding to you and/or you ex-husband that you aren't gonna AT LEAST plop your ass down in a Borders Book Store(b/c these were the sad, dark days before Amazon. **shudder**) and read the dirt.

*Side note: I ate cake for breakfast yesterday.  And I'd do it again!

Also, can I assume that the people who were offended by LisaR's "love you long time" a few weeks ago were equally offended by Kathryn's neck-rolling and finger-wagging "Don't act like you know me if you don't know me" schtick? 

Personally, I didn't find it offensive, but I sure was cringing for her in 2nd hand embarrassment. 

HumblePi, on 27 Jan 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

QuoteI missed the first 30 minutes and have to watch it again from the beginning so all I'll say is that Kyle is a horrible person. She keeps saying 'this is awkward' but she knew damned well that inviting Faye Resnick and Kathryn to her 'barbecue' was going to stir up giant heaps of old feelings and animosities. But, she did it purposely because she doesn't have Kim anymore to bring attention to herself.

Wait, why is all on Kyle? As far as I know, Kathryn decided all on her own to join this cast, knowing FULL well that Kyle and Faye are close. So she knew - at some point - she was going to encounter TMCFY. Second, either Faye OR Kathryn could have declined Kyle's invitation to the party (moreso Faye since K is more obligated to show up as a full-time cast member).

Not to mention, as its been alluded to, it is more than likely that Bravo production had a heavy hand in setting up this "encounter."

Giselle, on 27 Jan 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

So I think I've got this straight no one can talk about Kim or talk about any rift between the families but Kyle with a twinkle in her eye can bring up others people private laundry.

Then there is Lisa V. Ms. Never Apologizes who is offended at Faye for using her own tactics against her by minimizing the hurt Faye "caused" back in the dark ages and Pinkie is offended.

Boo frigging hoo!

Why is Faye at the Bbq if there is "nothing to discuss" when people bring up her past actions.

But what did Kyle bring up? If you're alluding to the Mohammed/kids/Lyme disease conversation, LISA was the one who introduced the topic.  But if it's not that, then what dirty laundry did Kyle bring up?

Vicky8675309, on 27 Jan 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

QuoteLOL @ LisaV--> all season she has said "ask me anything".....she never said "ask me anything EXCEPT about Lyme and the non-Gigis"

DEAD @ "the non-Gigis"!  Thanks for the giggle!

nc socialworker, on 27 Jan 2016 - 09:22 AM, said:

QuoteOr the old North vs South debate. In the South a barbecue is pulled pork and cook out is hamburgers and hotdogs. I can attest to this as I am a NY transplant to NC and have made this mistake. Either way ,whatever Kyle had it was certainly not a barbecue.

SO TRUE!  Where I am from in Pittsburgh/Western PA, "bbq" usually means inviting friends over for burgers, dogs, and beer. Maybe some kielbasa. It also can refer to cooking "chipped ham" in BBQ sauce.  I know, it is kinda as gross as it sounds.  Lots of people in the Burgh love it though.

Then I moved just one state over to Virginia and BBQ took on a whole new meaning.  Even in Northern VA, which isn't really even the South!

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 13