Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 7/16/2019 at 10:47 PM, Runningwild said:

I did. And I think he’s doing a great job on This Is Us. He and Chrissy Metz were the only adults from the show not nominated. Quite a slap in the face. I wonder if they are prejudiced against him because he came from daytime. 

He was absolutely delicious as Oliver Queen on Smallville.

What?

• Love 3
(edited)

Why is the new Adamn so fucking pointy? He has some sharp edges. Sharon needs protective gear for the sexy times with him.

I'm all for vets and legacy family but I wish they would have just left him dead. They fucked up in the very beginning and no matter WHO they brought in, there was no fixing that mess.

Edited by FairyDusted
Cuz an extra letter changed the whole point
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about it, but Loren Lott has been fired. Odd considering they just added her to the credits, but she hasn't filmed in about a month, which people noticed via social media because she usually using her Insta Story to show herself on set. Well, the past episode she was officially written off and she posted watching her final episode on her Insta story and she's been retweeting all the well wishes of people asking the show to bring her back.

Now I will say I'm not surprised, but very disappointed. If she were white she would've been the type of actor a soap DREAMS of. Loaded with charisma, chemistry with every character she interacts with, beautiful, she can act and she has a social media following. The fact that they went an entire year without putting her in a relationship is unheard of for her age range. It's obviously because she was black and probably dark skinned as well. It's crazy because you look at how literally every other new character has been flooded with screentime yet Ana and Elena are so under developed. Elena can remain to appear once a week as Devon's love interest, but that's it. No friends, no life and no scenes outside the penthouse.

I've watched Josh Griffith's show and I've overlooked the Adam overload, but now with Chelsea, Kevin, Chloe and so many others back and the show focusing only on that story it's becoming frustrating. I can't believe once again we have to deal with this racist BS when it comes to the black characters. Ratings are TANKING and the only time they got a boost was for Kristoff's send off week. These characters are popular and valuable when used. It's shameful Adam can appear in 99% of episodes EVERY month, but these characters get very little screentime. After Kristoff's death they should've been BEGGING Victoria Rowell and Tonya Lee Williams to return to reinvest in that family. Lily either needs Christel Khalil on contract or a recast (Karla Mosley perhaps). The twins should be developing the next generation with Reed. Devon should be running his business as well as having a love life. Ana should be with Fen, Kyle or Fen. Dru and Olivia could eventually date Jett. So many things could be done, but because of the color of their skin they aren't elevated over a C tier story. Bill Bell, Kay Alden, Jack Smith, Lynn Latham and Sally Sussman understood the value of these characters. I wish others did too.

• Useful 3
  • Love 17

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about it, but Loren Lott has been fired.

Yeah, I saw that on another site yesterday. I'm starting to give Josh the side eye. Angelica McDaniel too since it appears she hasn't given up on building up the Rosales at the expense of the Winters.

I'd put Nate on the endangered list too now that he's gone to the next level with Abby. No one who's slept with her has survived.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, KnotsLanding said:

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about it, but Loren Lott has been fired. Odd considering they just added her to the credits, but she hasn't filmed in about a month, which people noticed via social media because she usually using her Insta Story to show herself on set. Well, the past episode she was officially written off and she posted watching her final episode on her Insta story and she's been retweeting all the well wishes of people asking the show to bring her back.

I'm really sorry to hear that.  Loren Lott is a good actor and it's very sad and infuriating that Show declined to invest in the character after her introduction.  She got to be a scold to Devon, had those fitful, tiny storylines with Tessa and Mariah but that was really it.  Meanwhile, Show keeps several people way less deserving - staring HARD at you, Daniel Goddard - and gives them storyline for no reason conceivable to me.  Such a waste.  I guess this also means we won't be seeing any more of the actor who played Jett, either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

It’s mind-boggling to fire an actor/actress when you decided to give opening credit intro not long time ago? 

If you have never cared for her then why make her feel good then pull her down like a jerk? 

Be better. 

Be best. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

they didn't know what to do with her? Aren't they writers? THINK of something to do with her! She's Devon's sister. Sure she thinks she's better than she probably is re the business world but there's no reason she can't be written to recognize that she has things to learn and to actually learn them. Like how to stand up for herself without being defensive and asking others (Nate) to 'make' Devon do what she wants. She's young and ambitious.

I just don't get it. And to fire her just so they can keep MCE? Shoot me now. But I wish her all the best and hope she makes Josh regret his decision.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
16 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I just don't get it. And to fire her just so they can keep MCE?

lol  and the newest ratings are still in the toilet.

neither of their big gets 🙄 of ms or mce have helped in the least..i know i don't want to watch them..

betcha neither of them came cheap.

• Love 17
(edited)
54 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

lol  and the newest ratings are still in the toilet.

neither of their big gets 🙄 of ms or mce have helped in the least..i know i don't want to watch them..

betcha neither of them came cheap.

Chelsea is a widely disliked character outside of Chadam fans. Just because JG likes her, that doesn’t mean we have to suffer through her every day. They have sidelined every female on this show for her and Lola.

35 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

and, she made it to the opening credits and then they can her. Didn't they know that before adding her? Kind of odd.

They thought they were doing her a favor.

Edited by avocadohead
  • Love 2

I bet they are killing off Jett and thus getting rid of he and his daughter.  Although I didn't like the character of "Ahhhna" the actress and the actor who played Jett were both good and filled with possibilities for interaction through Society and Devon's empire.  I loved the way Loren slipped in that TPTB wanted to give more story and money to certain others on the show! Good luck to her.

• Love 15
(edited)

Not really. It just looks that way. I've been sitting on the "r-word" in regard to this matter for a few days now. There's probably another "ism" that applies too but I'll leave that one alone.

YR just fired its only female Black actor who is a named character. I'm thinking if it looks like duck and quacks like a duck it likely is a duck. Or not.

(BTW, there is another soap forum where the posters are doing a fairly insightful analysis of what happened with the Ana character. I'm not going to link to it but it's easily found by googling. Warning, that site is not for the faint of heart.)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 5

Ok, I'm done. First, TIIC force feed me a bunch of characters I'm not familiar with,then they bring on manic MS, then they hype up and deflate the Tracy romance, then my satellite service has a dispute with CBS so I would have to watch it on my computer and now they fired Loren Lott (Ana). I'm so done.

The more I think about it the angrier I get.

I wish Loren the best and I hope to see more of her in the immediate future.

• Love 8
(edited)

They fired Loren to bring back Mishael. They had to free up money to do it. Lord knows they weren't going to fire white folks to pay her so Loren got the boot. 

Edited by DivaT
  • Love 5

I like the character of Ana, and thought that she had tremendous potential.  I also liked the actress.

Devon needs a family.  Lily and kids are gone, so Ana and Jett became his new family, along with Nate.  NuNate is so much less annoying than old Nate.  So Show was on a roll.  And now Ana is just "gone".  Very short-sighted.  What about the set-up of her working with Theo?  Sigh.

• Love 12

They fired Loren to bring back Mishael. They had to free up money to do it. Lord knows they weren't going to fire white folks to pay her so Loren got the boot. 

I'll certainly be thrilled if Mishael Morgan comes back. But if Loren Lott was fired to make that happen then I'm wondering whether for Black actresses YR isn't like the daytime soap version of Highlander:

ZCYHyFt.jpg

🤔

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:57 AM, pearlite said:

I'm curious, having seen something on Twitter, about rumours of Billy Miller leaving GH.

The way they're writing for Billy's character right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see JT getting the heave-ho soon. It really seems that he's verging on a psychological breakdown and he might do what he's done in the past. He may leave GC in a similar manner that he did when he was married to Victoria after the gambling debacle in which she was kidnapped. That was when he was drugged and raped by Chelsea. I believe BM was on a short leave from Y&R in order to film American Sniper or somesuch. It wouldn't be unreasonable to think that when Billy returns, BM is playing him.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

It’s funny because when I saw MTS on Friday in Victor’s office I said, “She looks great”. Although, I really was commenting on her hair but overall she did look great. I don’t get people tagging people to insult them. I don’t mind insulting people but I wouldn’t tag them. I don’t have twitter so I guess that’s helps. 

• Love 8

While I applaud EB for standing up for his colleague, I’m not sure it’s such a good idea to engage on Twitter. No matter how crazy or stupid they are, they’re just as entitled to their r opinion as anyone else. Of course people should use discretion but social media being what it is, they feel emboldened. 

I applaud MTS for how she’s handling it. With grace and dignity.

• Love 14

You know I just realized something ELR is on Y&R now right? So is Amelia Heinle? (Victoria) have those two shared scenes?(I haven't watched since Neil's funeral) I ask this because I don't know if anyone remembered that back in their AMC days Amelia had an affair with Eva's then husband John Callahan. So I wonder how awkward it would be now if they were to interact.....

A friend of mine went to some AMC fan event years ago when Aiden Turner(Aiden) mentioned JC was an asshole who was jealous of his love scenes with ELR/Maria at the time all while he was having an affair with AH(he didn't mention the last part) 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

I think it’s ridiculous for soap actors to argue with viewers on Twitter or Facebook. You’re people in the public eye, you’re on a soap opera and subject to criticism. And you get your feelings hurt when viewers critique or criticize you? If you’re that thin skinned, then maybe you need to find a different career. EB sounds just like Victor in his tweets. I think he’s gotten his character confused with him self. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

You know I just realized something ELR is on Y&R now right? So is Amelia Heinle? (Victoria) have those two shared scenes?(I haven't watched since Neil's funeral) I ask this because I don't know if anyone remembered that back in their AMC days Amelia had an affair with Eva's then husband John Callahan. So I wonder how awkward it would be now if they were to interact.....

A friend of mine went to some AMC fan event years ago when Aiden Turner(Aiden) mentioned JC was an asshole who was jealous of his love scenes with ELR/Maria at the time all while he was having an affair with AH(he didn't mention the last part) 

Who are JC(?) and ELR/Maria(?) and AH?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Who are JC(?) and ELR/Maria(?) and AH?

JC is John Callahan who played Edmund Grey on All My Children. 

ELR played his wife Maria Santos Grey(was also his RL wife at one point) now Celeste(Rey's mom) on Y&R

AH is Amelia Heinle she played Liza's half sister Mia on AMC but is now Victoria on Y&R.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I applaud MTS for how she’s handling it. With grace and dignity.

Yes. And I feel like she didn't need EB riding to her rescue, especially since he had to be self-aggrandizing about it. Sometimes it's like he and TGVN are the same person. "I grew up in an orphanage! I built Newman Enterprises from the ground up with my bare hands! I didn't have it easy like you punks!"

DG. Sad and pathetic. His Beastmaster days are dust in wind.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Thy name is Instagram.

And, he’s also trying to keep his job. Since there was negative reaction with the Traci pairing (deservedly so) there’s little on the single females to hook him up with.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, spinxella said:

Good God, what a sad little man he is.  I'm so happy he's sharing his philosophy of life while sweating it up riding the exhumed remains of his long-lost dignity.  And thank the gods for fortune cookies or we wouldn't be graced by whatever bullshit he's spewing.

His exhibitionist tendencies are on almost full display here.  Not as nearly naked as the full body shot of him in his underwear that he put up on Pinterest some years back.  

So Show dispenses with Loren Lott?!?!?! and keeps THIS guy?  uhhhhhhhh........

Edited by boes
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)

I don't think that they fired Loren just because Mishael is returning. After all, Elena is still there to have a quad with Devon, Hilary, and Elena so it isn't like the Black characters are being written off. I think that they fired Loren to fund the wayback machine of Kevin, Chloe, Chelsea, Avery, etc. Those are a lot of characters to reset the show back to Griffith's idea of his "glory days. The actor who plays Tessa was also taken off contract and is now recurring so her story might also be wrapping up soon.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's rumored that Daniel Goddard went to the producers and complained about the Traci & Cane love story. That's why the writers had to end Trane so abruptly.

Edited by spinxella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, spinxella said:

It's rumored that Daniel Goddard went to the producers and complained about the Traci & Cane love story. That's why the writers had to end Trane so abruptly.

What a piece of ButtBiscuit DG is.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

After all, Elena is still there to have a quad with Devon, Hilary, and E len a so it isn't like the Black characters are being written off.

Elena's not Black though. The actress is multiracial and at best is cast as "Black adjacent." Meanwhile, Lily and Mattie are gone, Kerry came and went, and now Ana. IMO it's not a good look for YR right now.

I t h in k t hat th ey fired Loren to fund the wayback machine of K ev in, Chloe, Chelsea, Avery, e t c.

I doubt LL was making a big enough salary to cover all those people. It's not as if she was on practically every day and shoehorned into every possible scene like Chelsea, Adam, and Phyllis are. Chelsea and Phyllis in particular are getting often two to three costume changes in a single episode so they can't be coming cheap.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, spinxella said:

Something has gone wrong at Y&R. In the soap glory days, even the most popular actors like Eric Braeden and Susan Lucci had to do the best with whatever story they were given. The show is on its last legs. How can actors have enough power to torpedo stories? If Goddard won't work with the material he is given, it is time for him to go.

• Love 17
(edited)
1 hour ago, basiltherat said:

Long past time for DG to go

Now that he has no storyline, there is no reason to keep this incompetent actor. Begone DG!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Something has gone wrong at Y&R. In the soap glory days, even the most popular actors like Eric Braeden and Susan Lucci had to do the best with whatever story they were given. The show is on its last legs. How can actors have enough power to torpedo stories? If Goddard won't work with the material he is given, it is time for him to go.

Unless you have a conflict with an actor, you should not be making demands on what story you want. Especially if you are a mediocre actor and your character is one of the disposable ones. 

2 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/yr-casts-new-role-6/

and here comes another one...guess this one is for kyle

But they can’t write for LL.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

Now that he has no storyline, there is no reason to keep this incompetent actor. Begone DG!

DG is a classic definition of that fine old phrase, "Shit floats."

• LOL 10
  • Love 8