Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Not me. While he wasn't as wooden as SB, he was still full of knot holes.

He’s still horrible on TIU. He has no chem with anyone and several child actors on the show can emote better than he can.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, avocadohead said:

Did anyone like JH’s acting when he was Adam? The dude can’t rack in ONE nomination for ‘This is Us’ lol. 

I did. And I think he’s doing a great job on This Is Us. He and Chrissy Metz were the only adults from the show not nominated. Quite a slap in the face. I wonder if they are prejudiced against him because he came from daytime. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Runningwild said:

I did. And I think he’s doing a great job on This Is Us. He and Chrissy Metz were the only adults from the show not nominated. Quite a slap in the face. I wonder if they are prejudiced against him because he came from daytime. 

Chrissy was nominated for 2 Globes and and Emmy. Justin hasn’t gotten nominated for anything.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, spinxella said:

Recording new music for Kyle & Lola's wedding.

UGH  I was hoping we would not have to go thru with this boring mess. Lowla is such a sour puss... and has whipped Kyle into whipped puppy status.

• LOL 1

I didn't care for JH as Adam, but I think he does a fantastic job on This Is Us. Especially this past year, he really grew as an actor, & I felt like he had the best storylines, with finding his long-lost uncle. I'm shocked that Sterling & Milo were nominated, as I felt JH had more meat this year. Milo is great with the kid actors, but I'd say JH is #2. They light up around him, especially the girls who play his nieces, far more than they do with the other adults. 

• Love 6

agreed @nkotb. I thought he really grew as an actor and finally got some juicy material. 

I also don't believe that Emmy nominations = talent or lack thereof. Nor do I think that Sterling was as good this past season as he was in the first two.

• Love 7

I adore SKB, he's far & away my TV boyfriend, but Randall was such a douche this past season, & SKB's storyline, the election, wasn't meaty at all. JH's Kevin really grew up a ton this year, mostly due to the Nicky storyline, & JH showed enormous acting chops, more than anyone else, & more than I've ever seen from him. He should've been nominated. Poor Chrissy did a lot, too, with the baby story, & she didn't get the nod, either. I don't recall Mandy Moore standing out, nor do I recall a standout performance from Milo, as much as I love him also. It's a shame that JH wasn't recognized. He deserves it. I felt like Randall/SKB was the star the first season, Milo/Jack was the second season, but JH/Kevin ran away with this season. Shame. Maybe next year's star will be Chrissy/Kate, or Mandy/Rebecca. 

On topic, JH may have been stellar on Y&R, but I was & always will be partial to MM. I probably didn't give JH a fair shake, because I'm petty like that. 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Whatever, who are they going to pair Cane with if CK isn't coming back? Phyllis? 🙄

don't i just wish they would...

How about they give Traci a romantic partner who is worthy of her instead of making it look like she can't get a man except in her sepia-toned daydreams?

i know...i was all for a traci in a relationship story (dr. neville, where are you) but i just hate cane so much....

Edited by valleycliffe
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

I wonder what Michael Damian has going on, because I'm still holding out hope for Danny's return. Danny and Tracy have history, and imagine how insane both Lauren and Phyllis would become if those two became a couple. Plus, he's "classic Y&R", not freaking Chelsea.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:49 PM, avocadohead said:

Did anyone like JH’s acting when he was Adam? The dude can’t rack in ONE nomination for ‘This is Us’ lol. 

*whispers*

He was my favourite Adam. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I wonder what Michael Damian has going on, because I'm still holding out hope for Danny's return. Danny and Tracy have history, and imagine how insane both Lauren and Phyllis would become if those two became a couple. Plus, he's "classic Y&R", not freaking Chelsea.

I LOVE this idea!  He's a great match for Tracy - and seeing Lauren's and Phyllis' heads spin would be a delicious bonus.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
10 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Including a big assist from DG. He kept fanning the Lane stan flames and they were the ones trashing BM. Wonder why TPTB let him get away this stuff? Whatever, who are they going to pair Cane with if CK isn't coming back? Phyllis? 🙄

I put a lot of the blame for this on TPTB. They had to know this would go left because DG was publicly sketchy about it from the beginning. Plenty of people want and could buy Traci in a relationship, but a lot of us just didn't want to see her with Cane. He is trash and is beneath her. How about they give Traci a romantic partner who is worthy of her instead of making it look like she can't get a man except in her sepia-toned daydreams?

I didn’t want Trane at all mainly because they had Traci acting like a lovesick schoolgirl over Cane. They don’t have the other women acting like this but because she’s old and heavy-set she has to piss all over herself behind a man.

DG was b*tching about Vane, now Trane. Unless they are recasting Lily, he will have to take a new pairing or let him walk.

Edited by avocadohead
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I wonder what Michael Damian has going on, because I'm still holding out hope for Danny's return. Danny and Tracy have history, and imagine how insane both Lauren and Phyllis would become if those two became a couple. 

Oh yes. Traci's no slouch. She not only got Michael Damian, she got Brad Carlton and her first husband Steve who was handsome too. DG acting like Cane's too good for Traci is b.s. D-bag, she's too good for YOU.

Just read the most horrific spumor. Not only is Mishael Morgan supposed to be coming back, they might pair her character (who may not be Hilary) with Cane. KMN. Seriously, why reward DG's bad behavior like that? I don't get why he has so much juice with TPTB. Does he have photos/video of some high-placed CBS exec doing nasty stuff with farm animals or household pets? Ugh, this guy.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oh yes. Traci's no slouch. She not only got Michael Damian, she got Brad Carlton and her first husband Steve who was handsome too. DG acting like Cane's too good for Traci is b.s. D-bag, she's too good for YOU.

I, too, wish they would find a real storyline for Tracy that includes a love interest. But not Dr. Nevil since he had been involved with Ashley. But you know who just came into mind is Papa Rosales ...

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 9:31 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Just read the most horrific spumor. Not only is Mishael Morgan supposed to be coming back, they might pair her character (who may not be Hilary) with Cane. KMN. Seriously, why reward DG's bad behavior like that? I don't get why he has so much juice with TPTB. Does he have photos/video of some high-placed CBS exec doing nasty stuff with farm animals or household pets? Ugh, this guy.

I can see it.  Cane/Hillari has some great hostile chemistry (shades of Nick/Phyllis during the Cassie death and Daniel on the run storyline) IMO that I thought the show could've played on. I'll be honest, a story I wanted was Hillari somehow getting custody of Sam (She and Juliet were 'friends' and maybe in a weird twist Juliet named Hillari her child's guardian as Juliet wasn't close with her family - go with me here!) with Cane initially not fighting her for custody but eventually unable to ignore his son being in town and also he and Lily not wanting Hilary to 'win' Sam even though Lily truly deep down doesn't want the kid either.  Anyway in the course of sharing custody of Sam they fall for each other without meaning to but don't act on it. Lily and Devon, however begin to suspect something is up and Lily tries to make it look like Hillari is a bad mother and then some so that she'd lose custody of Sam and no longer have a connection to Cane. This would backfire as she would get caught (and maybe this would've been what she went to jail for), Hillari would retain custody of Sam, and Cane would be devastated. If Mishael still wanted to leave, she'd leave town and take Sam with her and Lane would now have a massive crack in their marriage as Cane is not happy at all with the situation. If Mishael had stayed in town, Hane would've eventually happened-especially with Lily in jail.

In any case if MM comes back, I want her crossed with NuAdam and Chance or Ronan if they show up.  Something tells me Cane will end up with Abby.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

I don't want to call this a spumor yet but I've seen it speculated on two soap sites already: what if the big secret between Kyle and Theo is that they had a brief fling with each other but Kyle decided he didn't really swing that way? A lot of drama could come out of various characters' reaction to that revelation, especially Lola and Summer. Mariah and Kyle could have some insightful conversation about being attracted to people without regard for their gender. Does Y&R have the guts in 2019 to do a storyline like that?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

what if the big secret between Kyle and Theo is that they had a brief fling with each other but Kyle decided he didn't really swing that way?

This would be a great twist.  This storyline is thus far kind of ridiculous.  So what if Kyle partied in NYC and was a slut?  But this would give the story a purpose.  I like it!

As for Tracy, someone suggested Jett for her.  They are both artists so that connection would make sense.  And it would give Jett a storyline.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I don't see any physical attraction of lingering looks between Kyle and Theo. It would be an interesting storyline but I don't think it's the way the show will go just because there doesn't appear to have been any lead up to this story. Then again, I barely look up from my iPad when watching the show so maybe I missed all the chemistry, lol. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

She did? I can’t see it in this photo.

Yeah, I had to put on my glasses to see it. I mean the top she has on over it is just lace. You would be able to see her nipples or a bra if that was all she had on. But it sure looks like she doesn't.

• Love 1
(edited)

There was no front or back to CG’s dress so how could she be wearing anything under it? I looked closely and clearly saw her skin. I dunno, I don’t usually mind those dresses but this One I didn’t like. Maybe it just didn’t fit her properly or the style wasn’t right for her. In general I think those dresses are best worn by taller women.

Edited by Sake614
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

How does she keep her boob from falling out?

I've heard that talking to them in a soothing tone, with no sudden movements, works, just like baby birds.

Or was that Wild Kingdom?

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, spinxella said:
6Ku2dq.jpg

kV7Swo.jpg

Kate's Tea in Vancouver, BC.

Beth looks awesome.  Christian still has that mystery hair thing happening.  And WTF is going on with DD?  The jacket, the shoes???

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I don't see any physical attraction of lingering looks between Kyle and Theo. It would be an interesting storyline but I don't think it's the way the show will go just because there doesn't appear to have been any lead up to this story.

Perhaps there aren't any lingering looks because there aren't any lingering feelings. Maybe it was a "we will never speak of this again" kind of situation. But I agree that Y&R is doubtful to go there. Look how many years it took for them to show Mariah and Tessa doing more than giving each other tiny little pecks on the lips.

Maybe it just didn’t fit her properly or the style wasn’t right for her. In general I think those dresses are best worn by taller women.

I agree. It didn't fit properly and it wasn't a good style or color for her. I've seen photos of her at the Daytime Emmys and other events like this one in Europe and she usually looks impeccable. This outfit was a unusual misstep for her, IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

What’s wrong with DD’s jacket and shoes? Hrs wearing loafers without socks. And?

I thought Doug looked really good--he's aging well. I doubt, especially in summer, that these dos are dress-up affairs. And ClB's wearing a T shirt and jacket, MG an open-collar shirt. Only Sharon Case and KL done up.

Interesting to me--the Adam actor's face looks as if he were a a model, although apparently not. He's okay in still photography some of the time, but motion cameras don't do him a lot of favours.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 4

I know that EB is a total douchebag, but the fact that he has such a soft spot for Beth Maitland, & he's willing to publicly defend her (& social-media threaten anyone who speaks ill of her), makes me think a bit more of him. 

I'm glad when JM shows his humorous/humble side. I'd rather run into him in Subway than Brad Pitt, though. 

• Love 13