Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, spinxella said:

I'd be interested if she was playing anyone other than Lola's Mom. I've had, more than my fill, of Kyle & Lola. I've been watching this soap for over 40 years, and do not remember having a couple pushed on me so hard. The only drama they get is Summer, and there's not much to that, since she isn't doing anything to them. And this article says the Mama's thrilled about the marriage, so that says more boredom to come to me. Why are they getting so much airtime? It's excessive for just one couple.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Okay, now I'm kinda getting worried. When AMC started bringing back a slew of long departed characters, unbeknownst to us fans it was the precursor to cancellation. Say it ain't so, CBS.

I'm glad Avery's coming back though. Now, can we get Ronan too, with that deep, sexy voice of his?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Was the show REALLY so great back when all these characters were on it that they need to reprise their roles again? Avery Bailey Clark?? 

Who's next?  Dylan McAvoy? 

.....actually, it would be sort of interesting to have Dylan back.  He could see how his Sharon has moved on, several times, since he had to go in witness protection!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Was the show REALLY so great back when all these characters were on it that they need to reprise their roles again? Avery Bailey Clark?? 

Who's next?  Dylan McAvoy? 

.....actually, it would be sort of interesting to have Dylan back.  He could see how his Sharon has moved on, several times, since he had to go in witness protection!

Maybe Avery Bailey Clark is coming back for a limited run, one which ends with her showing the world on her cooking show how to emulisify and integrate Phyllis into a unique version of crab cakes?  

The only trouble with them being, how they repeat on you......

Edited by boes
  • LOL 17
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, now I'm kinda getting worried. When AMC started bringing back a slew of long departed characters, unbeknownst to us fans it was the precursor to cancellation. Say it ain't so, CBS.

I'm glad Avery's coming back though. Now, can we get Ronan too, with that deep, sexy voice of his?

Only if Ronan steers clear of Phyllis and sees her as a bad mistake caused by a bad reaction to his anti rejection drugs for his liver transplant. I’ve always wanted him with Avery. Wounded Intense FBI agent crossed with intense crusading lawyer who also offers home and hearth? First comes the friction, then comes the hotness.

Huh, with Adam back, I hope they let her cross with him. I liked their weird quasi-friendship and wouldn’t mind seeing it pick up again. Adam needs a friend that will ground him but not abandon him but has no interest in hooking up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, LongtimeYRfan said:

I'd be interested if she was playing anyone other than Lola's Mom. I've had, more than my fill, of Kyle & Lola. I've been watching this soap for over 40 years, and do not remember having a couple pushed on me so hard. The only drama they get is Summer, and there's not much to that, since she isn't doing anything to them. And this article says the Mama's thrilled about the marriage, so that says more boredom to come to me. Why are they getting so much airtime? It's excessive for just one couple.

aren't they just so forced and wtf has happened to kyle.. he is picking out dresses? they totally are ruining the kyle character.. kola must end soon,.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

McKenna Grace (previous Faith) is in the new Annabelle movie and getting rave reviews.

did you watch it?  i hate horror movies and refuse to watch them.

they scare the dickens out of me.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

No, I don't tend to like the newer horror movies. Give me Dracula and Frankenstein any day of the week.

• Love 11
(edited)
20 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

No, I don't tend to like the newer horror movies. Give me Dracula and Frankenstein any day of the week.

yassssss... when i was about 11/12 my big brother would take me along with his friends to watch the "dawn to dusk" horror movies at the drive in...the different vampire movies, creature of the black lagoon, frankenstein and don't forget the wolfman..

i used to wonder why they always left the french doors to their balcony open so that the bat could fly in..

Edited by valleycliffe
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 minute ago, jewel21 said:

I want to watch Annabelle Comes Home. I've seen the rest of the franchise. I have to wait until I come back though. Hopefully it'll still be in theaters. 

The only selling point for me is that these movies star my girl Vera.

i used to wonder why they always left the french doors to their balcony open so that the bat could fly in..

Creature Features! I was watching the original Dracula recently and noticed he had armadillos wandering around his castle and possums. I guess for when regular old rats just won't do.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Ever seen "Love at First Bite" with George Hamilton, Susan Saint James and Artie Johnson as Renfield?  It was made in 1979.

It still makes me laugh and then there's Dracula doing disco....

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

I loved that movie when I was a kid!  Didn't both George and Weezie Jefferson have cameos in it?

The Conjuring was way too creepy for me, so I skipped the Annabelle movies.  I think Dummer's sister is in The Conjuring.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I loved that movie when I was a kid!  Didn't both George and Weezie Jefferson have cameos in it?

They were in it!  George plays a preacher at a funeral, I think, can't remember what role Weezie had.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

are you leaving for italy tomorrow jewel?

have a wonderful and amazing time.

I'm leaving Sunday but I have to drop Steve off on Saturday because the animal hospital is closed Sundays. And thank you! 

• Love 11
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't tend to like the newer horror movies. Give me Dracula and Frankenstein any day of the week.

Yeah, I've gone off new horror. I've decided my aging heart doesn't need the strain.

10 hours ago, boes said:

Ever seen "Love at First Bite"

Unless, of course, it's funny horror or has vampires. 🧛‍♀️ I saw some promos for the new Chucky movie and it looks like it might be interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

Me too! I tried watching one on TV because I adored the actor but I STILL have nightmares and it’s been at least 5 years since I saw it! Yeah I’m a wuss lol!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, boes said:

Ever seen "Love at First Bite" with George Hamilton, Susan Saint James and Artie Johnson as Renfield?  It was made in 1979.

It still makes me laugh and then there's Dracula doing disco....

11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I loved that movie when I was a kid!  Didn't both George and Weezie Jefferson have cameos in it?

The Conjuring was way too creepy for me, so I skipped the Annabelle movies.  I think Dummer's sister is in The Conjuring.  

11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I think Weezie was a judge.  Aww, now I want to see it again!  I wonder if it's on Netflix.

I flove Love At First Bite and must have at least seen commercials or clips from it when I was young because I remember imitating a couple sayings from it. I must have seen at least some of it on TV back then before watching it later on when I was older. I was discussing the movie not long ago with someone in their early 20's and they didn't really get it. I told them to try watching it at least once because it's worth it. @Snaporaz here it is on YT. The sites to check to see if movies are streaming anywhere didn't show it on any of the main sites.

With all these characters from the past coming back in such a short time span on Y&R the song The Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show comes to mind. In this case though the main lyric would be saying "Let's not do the Time Warp Again...". 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

What  movie had the tagline "Dead and loving it"?

That sounds more like the title to a vampire book I'm sure I've read. However, I just looked it up and it was a Mel Brooks movie from 1995 with Leslie Neilsen. I remember seeing it. Nobody does satirical comedy better than Mel Brooks.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AngelKitty said:

That sounds more like the title to a vampire book I'm sure I've read. However, I just looked it up and it was a Mel Brooks movie from 1995 with Leslie Neilsen. I remember seeing it. Nobody does satirical comedy better than Mel Brooks.

Happy 93rd birthday Mel!

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Did we know that they did a remake of The Bad Seed? And did we further know that it starred McKenna Grace? What a world.

i think like alyvia that mckenna is a phenomenal actress given how young they both are...they can play most roles believably.

• Love 6
On Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 10:47 AM, Jaded said:

I flove Love At First Bite and must have at least seen commercials or clips from it when I was young because I remember imitating a couple sayings from it. I must have seen at least some of it on TV back then before watching it later on when I was older. I was discussing the movie not long ago with someone in their early 20's and they didn't really get it. I told them to try watching it at least once because it's worth it. @Snaporaz here it is on YT. The sites to check to see if movies are streaming anywhere didn't show it on any of the main sites.

With all these characters from the past coming back in such a short time span on Y&R the song The Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show comes to mind. In this case though the main lyric would be saying "Let's not do the Time Warp Again...". 

Thank you, @Jaded!  I didn't know you could watch full movies on YT.  That gave me a nice dose of nostalgia!

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, pearlite said:

His character's last name is Tulane and Chelsea's husband's is Boudreau--is there supposed to be some connection to New Orleans?

I didn't even pick up on that. Maybe.....

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Chelsea's Mom? WTH? She's awful. Catherine Bach wasn't on a prime time show because of her acting skills. Another one NO ONE was asking for. And she's certainly not ICONIC. Isn't that what Josh, & Tony, said they were aiming for?

She doesn't even compliment her onscreen daughter's stories. What a waste of time.

Why not use Jill?

• Useful 1
  • Love 16