Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
PsychedelicTrip

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

Recommended Posts

So I watched the Talk, what a horrible show.  How is Sharon Osbourne a thing?

They showed some promos and they are really focussing on Phyllis, Chelz and Adam.  The Staff was her usual self, talking about how she read the synopsis for every day that she was not playing Phyllis.  She commended GT and said she will go on to great things.  Ouch. An attempt at being gracious, I guess.  MCE is very happy to be back, gushed about the fans and teased the storyline with Adam.  The guy who plays Adam was entirely likeable.

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, bannana said:

So I watched the Talk,

Ah, man, I forgot to watch so thanks for recapping.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

Ah, man, I forgot to watch so thanks for recapping.

I can't watch that show. The inanity depresses me.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, spinxella said:

I'd be interested if she was playing anyone other than Lola's Mom. I've had, more than my fill, of Kyle & Lola. I've been watching this soap for over 40 years, and do not remember having a couple pushed on me so hard. The only drama they get is Summer, and there's not much to that, since she isn't doing anything to them. And this article says the Mama's thrilled about the marriage, so that says more boredom to come to me. Why are they getting so much airtime? It's excessive for just one couple.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

GT is liking some interesting tweets lol. On a side note I like that she is not trying to hide how she feels and going on about how happy she is.

Edited by avocadohead
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, now I'm kinda getting worried. When AMC started bringing back a slew of long departed characters, unbeknownst to us fans it was the precursor to cancellation. Say it ain't so, CBS.

I'm glad Avery's coming back though. Now, can we get Ronan too, with that deep, sexy voice of his?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Was the show REALLY so great back when all these characters were on it that they need to reprise their roles again? Avery Bailey Clark?? 

Who's next?  Dylan McAvoy? 

.....actually, it would be sort of interesting to have Dylan back.  He could see how his Sharon has moved on, several times, since he had to go in witness protection!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, lovemesomejoolery said:

Was the show REALLY so great back when all these characters were on it that they need to reprise their roles again? Avery Bailey Clark?? 

Who's next?  Dylan McAvoy? 

.....actually, it would be sort of interesting to have Dylan back.  He could see how his Sharon has moved on, several times, since he had to go in witness protection!

Maybe Avery Bailey Clark is coming back for a limited run, one which ends with her showing the world on her cooking show how to emulisify and integrate Phyllis into a unique version of crab cakes?  

The only trouble with them being, how they repeat on you......

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 17
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, now I'm kinda getting worried. When AMC started bringing back a slew of long departed characters, unbeknownst to us fans it was the precursor to cancellation. Say it ain't so, CBS.

I'm glad Avery's coming back though. Now, can we get Ronan too, with that deep, sexy voice of his?

Only if Ronan steers clear of Phyllis and sees her as a bad mistake caused by a bad reaction to his anti rejection drugs for his liver transplant. I’ve always wanted him with Avery. Wounded Intense FBI agent crossed with intense crusading lawyer who also offers home and hearth? First comes the friction, then comes the hotness.

Huh, with Adam back, I hope they let her cross with him. I liked their weird quasi-friendship and wouldn’t mind seeing it pick up again. Adam needs a friend that will ground him but not abandon him but has no interest in hooking up.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, LongtimeYRfan said:

I'd be interested if she was playing anyone other than Lola's Mom. I've had, more than my fill, of Kyle & Lola. I've been watching this soap for over 40 years, and do not remember having a couple pushed on me so hard. The only drama they get is Summer, and there's not much to that, since she isn't doing anything to them. And this article says the Mama's thrilled about the marriage, so that says more boredom to come to me. Why are they getting so much airtime? It's excessive for just one couple.

aren't they just so forced and wtf has happened to kyle.. he is picking out dresses? they totally are ruining the kyle character.. kola must end soon,.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Sean Carrigan is good friends with Jon Bernthal (Punisher)....hmmm...that would be quite a guest appearance 🤣

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I have always liked Chloe. Avery Bailey Clark coming back would be cool. Only a cute Chance will work for me. 

Maybe Celeste can send Lola away on a long journey. Ugh, Looooowlah. And hmmm, it would be cool to have Celeste and Jack pair up instead of the rumored (fact?) pairing of him with Lauren. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

McKenna Grace (previous Faith) is in the new Annabelle movie and getting rave reviews.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

McKenna Grace (previous Faith) is in the new Annabelle movie and getting rave reviews.

did you watch it?  i hate horror movies and refuse to watch them.

they scare the dickens out of me.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

did you watch it?  i hate horror movies and refuse to watch them.

they scare the dickens out of me.

No, I don't tend to like the newer horror movies. Give me Dracula and Frankenstein any day of the week.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

No, I don't tend to like the newer horror movies. Give me Dracula and Frankenstein any day of the week.

yassssss... when i was about 11/12 my big brother would take me along with his friends to watch the "dawn to dusk" horror movies at the drive in...the different vampire movies, creature of the black lagoon, frankenstein and don't forget the wolfman..

i used to wonder why they always left the french doors to their balcony open so that the bat could fly in..

Edited by valleycliffe
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I want to watch Annabelle Comes Home. I've seen the rest of the franchise. I have to wait until I come back though. Hopefully it'll still be in theaters. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jewel21 said:

I want to watch Annabelle Comes Home. I've seen the rest of the franchise. I have to wait until I come back though. Hopefully it'll still be in theaters. 

The only selling point for me is that these movies star my girl Vera.

Quote

i used to wonder why they always left the french doors to their balcony open so that the bat could fly in..

Creature Features! I was watching the original Dracula recently and noticed he had armadillos wandering around his castle and possums. I guess for when regular old rats just won't do.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

No, I don't tend to like the newer horror movies. Give me Dracula and Frankenstein any day of the week.

Ever seen "Love at First Bite" with George Hamilton, Susan Saint James and Artie Johnson as Renfield?  It was made in 1979.

It still makes me laugh and then there's Dracula doing disco....

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I loved that movie when I was a kid!  Didn't both George and Weezie Jefferson have cameos in it?

The Conjuring was way too creepy for me, so I skipped the Annabelle movies.  I think Dummer's sister is in The Conjuring.  

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I loved that movie when I was a kid!  Didn't both George and Weezie Jefferson have cameos in it?

They were in it!  George plays a preacher at a funeral, I think, can't remember what role Weezie had.

Edited by boes
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I think Weezie was a judge.  Aww, now I want to see it again!  I wonder if it's on Netflix.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

are you leaving for italy tomorrow jewel?

have a wonderful and amazing time.

I'm leaving Sunday but I have to drop Steve off on Saturday because the animal hospital is closed Sundays. And thank you! 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I don't tend to like the newer horror movies. Give me Dracula and Frankenstein any day of the week.

Yeah, I've gone off new horror. I've decided my aging heart doesn't need the strain.

10 hours ago, boes said:

Ever seen "Love at First Bite"

Unless, of course, it's funny horror or has vampires. 🧛‍♀️ I saw some promos for the new Chucky movie and it looks like it might be interesting.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, valleycliffe said:

did you watch it?  i hate horror movies and refuse to watch them.

they scare the dickens out of me.

Me too! I tried watching one on TV because I adored the actor but I STILL have nightmares and it’s been at least 5 years since I saw it! Yeah I’m a wuss lol!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, boes said:

Ever seen "Love at First Bite" with George Hamilton, Susan Saint James and Artie Johnson as Renfield?  It was made in 1979.

It still makes me laugh and then there's Dracula doing disco....

11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I loved that movie when I was a kid!  Didn't both George and Weezie Jefferson have cameos in it?

The Conjuring was way too creepy for me, so I skipped the Annabelle movies.  I think Dummer's sister is in The Conjuring.  

11 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I think Weezie was a judge.  Aww, now I want to see it again!  I wonder if it's on Netflix.

I flove Love At First Bite and must have at least seen commercials or clips from it when I was young because I remember imitating a couple sayings from it. I must have seen at least some of it on TV back then before watching it later on when I was older. I was discussing the movie not long ago with someone in their early 20's and they didn't really get it. I told them to try watching it at least once because it's worth it. @Snaporaz here it is on YT. The sites to check to see if movies are streaming anywhere didn't show it on any of the main sites.

With all these characters from the past coming back in such a short time span on Y&R the song The Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show comes to mind. In this case though the main lyric would be saying "Let's not do the Time Warp Again...". 
 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

What  movie had the tagline "Dead and loving it"?

That sounds more like the title to a vampire book I'm sure I've read. However, I just looked it up and it was a Mel Brooks movie from 1995 with Leslie Neilsen. I remember seeing it. Nobody does satirical comedy better than Mel Brooks.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AngelKitty said:

That sounds more like the title to a vampire book I'm sure I've read. However, I just looked it up and it was a Mel Brooks movie from 1995 with Leslie Neilsen. I remember seeing it. Nobody does satirical comedy better than Mel Brooks.

Happy 93rd birthday Mel!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

What  movie had the tagline "Dead and loving it"?

Dracula: Dead and Loving It

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did we know that they did a remake of The Bad Seed? And did we further know that it starred McKenna Grace? What a world.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Did we know that they did a remake of The Bad Seed? And did we further know that it starred McKenna Grace? What a world.

i think like alyvia that mckenna is a phenomenal actress given how young they both are...they can play most roles believably.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On Saturday, June 29, 2019 at 10:47 AM, Jaded said:

I flove Love At First Bite and must have at least seen commercials or clips from it when I was young because I remember imitating a couple sayings from it. I must have seen at least some of it on TV back then before watching it later on when I was older. I was discussing the movie not long ago with someone in their early 20's and they didn't really get it. I told them to try watching it at least once because it's worth it. @Snaporaz here it is on YT. The sites to check to see if movies are streaming anywhere didn't show it on any of the main sites.

With all these characters from the past coming back in such a short time span on Y&R the song The Time Warp from Rocky Horror Picture Show comes to mind. In this case though the main lyric would be saying "Let's not do the Time Warp Again...". 
 

Thank you, @Jaded!  I didn't know you could watch full movies on YT.  That gave me a nice dose of nostalgia!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, pearlite said:

His character's last name is Tulane and Chelsea's husband's is Boudreau--is there supposed to be some connection to New Orleans?

I didn't even pick up on that. Maybe.....

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pearlite said:

His character's last name is Tulane and Chelsea's husband's is Boudreau--is there supposed to be some connection to New Orleans?

voodoo?

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

If there's a NOLA connection I wonder if that means Michael Baldwin will be involved? Kevin too, likely. Which leads me to wonder again: where is Gloria? When is she coming back? Gah!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/28/2019 at 5:55 PM, peacheslatour said:

No, I don't tend to like the newer horror movies. Give me Dracula and Frankenstein any day of the week.

Or 1975 JAWS.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...