Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 6/20/2023 at 2:44 PM, Tammy12 said:

and no longer has ovaries

I may be wrong, but I think that the character of "Lily" still has her ovaries, it's just her uterus that was removed - otherwise, how could the twins that were delivered by a surrogate be her biological children?

• Like 1
On 4/23/2023 at 2:02 AM, stewedsquash said:

It's prostate cancer not bladder

"The Young & the Restless star, 82, spoke to PEOPLE about his recent bladder cancer diagnosis" People Magazine 5/8/23 

• Useful 1
Just now, Js Nana said:

Greg "Kevin Fisher" Rikaart

Also wondering if Greg Rikaart moved over to DOOL because he could see that the storyline for certain Y&R characters, including his own, were going to be phased out - no big send-off, just a slow disappearance - over time.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Js Nana said:

I may be wrong, but I think that the character of "Lily" still has her ovaries, it's just her uterus that was removed - otherwise, how could the twins that were delivered by a surrogate be her biological children?

They harvested her eggs and froze them when they took everything out.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 7

An interview with Sasha Calle with the Kidd Kraddick morning show. She mentions her time at Y&R. I find it interesting that she mentions how broke she was even while working there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

she mentions how broke she was even while working there. 

That is interesting because at least part of the time she was in a front-burner storyline. Guess Y&R was cheap even back then.

I'm so happy for Sasha but watching that interview made me mad all over again at the way Y&R sold her short in the end. To this day I still believe HK (Summer) had something to do with it. Oh well, look who's Supergirl now...😏

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2023 at 8:33 AM, SweePea59 said:

They harvested her eggs and froze them when they took everything out.

Thank you for that correction, SweetPea59, that whole segment of the Lily Winters storyline happened a bit before my becoming a regular viewer of Y&R - so if Lily is without her ovaries, is she on hormone replacement therapy so that she doesn't experience premature menopause?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Js Nana said:

so if Lily is without her ovaries, is she on hormone replacement therapy so that she doesn't experience premature menopause?

She's probably on meds the same way that Victor is for epilepsy and Nikki is for MS. And Sharinsane for her mental problems, and was it Faith who got an organ transplant from Adam?

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

She's probably on meds the same way that Victor is for epilepsy and Nikki is for MS. And Sharinsane for her mental problems, and was it Faith who got an organ transplant from Adam?

Plus, not every woman who has a hysterectomy goes on HRT. There may be reasons why HRT is contraindicated.

This show has long had a continuity problem with medical issues. For example, Summer was shown drinking booze fairly soon after she gave some of her liver to Lola. And hasn't Victor had multiple vasectomies, lol?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, Js Nana said:

Thank you for that correction, SweetPea59, that whole segment of the Lily Winters storyline happened a bit before my becoming a regular viewer of Y&R - so if Lily is without her ovaries, is she on hormone replacement therapy so that she doesn't experience premature menopause?

Please.  Some things are between a fictional female character and her gynecologist head writer.

As long as Lily eats a healthy breakfast and stays regular, that's enough for me to worry about.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 18
(edited)

Oh no!  She was Tina Lord on OLTL me, nobody else.  I really enjoyed her performances.

Tina Lord and her little dog, David Vickers....

Edited by boes
  • Sad 4
On 7/10/2023 at 6:02 PM, babyhouseman said:

I remember her. She was the original Patty Williams before she got recast and became catwoman.

No, there was another Patty before her. She'll always be "the Danny Romalotti Patty" to me.

Was reading on another soap site that there have been a lot of shenanigans going on with Y&R scenes filmed but not aired, or scenes airing on different dates than the show gave to the media for spoilers/publicity.

For example, Abby and Devon moved out of his penthouse on July 12 (US, Wednesday) and scenes of them having moved into Chancellor Mansion were to appear on July 14 (US, Friday). As of today Abby and Devon have not yet been seen living in Kay's mansion, at least not on the US broadcast.

These are images of scenes which were to appear last Friday in the US:

AkgyFGE.jpg
5we2B0r.jpg
tIcFFr3.jpg
jvt7i6E.jpg

I suppose the show could still air those but as of today in the US, GC's day has finally moved forward. Now those Abby and Devon scenes would only make sense if shown as flashbacks.

What is going on? For a show so cheap in other ways, it's strange that they'd spend the money to film scenes which they then don't let the audience see.

BTW, I wonder if our friends up in Canada got to see these missing scenes? If so, that means the US viewers are no longer receiving the same show as the Canadian viewers. Not sure how CBS would get away with that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

These are images of scenes which were to appear last Friday in the US:

They boinked in the living room?!  In front of Kaye's picture!!  No wonder they didn't show them.  Doesn't anyone else live in the mansion?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
11 minutes ago, MollyB said:

They boinked in the living room?!  In front of Kaye's picture!!  No wonder they didn't show them.  Doesn't anyone else live in the mansion?

Currently, I think they're the only residents.  Esther moved out and is living with Chloe and Kevin, Jill is only there rarely.  Maybe there is some live-in help we haven't heard about?  Or more likely, everything gets cleaned and meals cooked by magic because sure as hell Abby isn't doing any of it and neither is Devon.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

They boinked in the living room?!  In front of Kaye's picture!!  No wonder they didn't show them. 

Yeah, I'm thinking TPTB were quite surprised by the huge negative reaction on the soap forums to Abby and Devon taking over that particular legacy set.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
12 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, I'm thinking TPTB were quite surprised by the huge negative reaction on the soap forums to Abby and Devon taking over that particular legacy set.

If they were surprised then they have not been paying attention. Maybe they are finally starting to realize how bad things are on the show.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Camryn Grimes (Mariah) and her fiancé are expecting a baby in December 2023. Here is a link to her announcement on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CviXbg0yQVf/?hl=en

Congrats to her!

Seriously, is there something in the drinking fountain water at Y&R? MCE (Chelsea) just had her baby, CK (Lily) is expecting but the due date hasn't been announced yet, and now Camryn. Babies on board!

It's strange that Lily(infertility) and Mariah(lesbian relationship) can't get pregnant in their situations. Mariah could have a sperm donor. Or they're going to need a lot of props to hide behind.

Edited by babyhouseman
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

It's strange that Lily(infertility) and Cassie(lesbian relationship) can't get pregnant in their situations. Cassie could have a sperm donor. Or they're going to need a lot of props to hide behind.

Not sure I understand why it's "strange." Are actresses not supposed to get pregnant unless the character they play can too?

No matter because Hunter Tylo (formerly Taylor on B&B) already fought and won that battle in court back in 1996. Producer Aaron Spelling fired her from a role she had been hired to play on primetime soap Melrose Place, after he learned she was pregnant. The character she was to play was supposed to be a sexy seductress and Spelling felt her body would not fit the audience's expected image. (Lisa Rinna filled the part instead of Tylo.)  

Spelling ended up having to pay Tylo nearly $5M for discrimination and since then actresses are not getting fired due to their being pregnant. Their shows either work around it with props or they write the pregnancy into a storyline. On rare occasions a pregnant actress will depart a show by their own choice.

That said, I don't remember the last time Y&R wrote an actress' pregnancy into a storyline. Was it back when Victoria was pregnant with Reed, or later when Hilary and her unborn baby died in the car accident Lily caused?

(Oh and BTW, Cassie's long been dead. Her corpse can't get pregnant. 😏)

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/10/2023 at 9:53 PM, Artsda said:

She was so good on OLTL as Tina and on Bold. So sad, so young. 

Poor tinyTina. Her stalker made her life hell for a long time at the best part of her career. Always liked her as Vicky's sister.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

Billy Miller (Billy Abbot) dead at 43!!  No details as to cause that I can find.  Shocking and sad news!!

His passing is breaking my heart. He was such a light in all his scenes. Kept wanting to see him back on my screen no matter the show.

Such a loss.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 10
  • Love 4

He was such a wonderful actor, brought a talent and lightness to every scene.  I first saw him on All My Children and loved him there, but it was his Billy Abbott that made me a life long fan.  A life cut far too short.

Damn

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Love 6

What's going around right now is that his publicist said he was diagnosed with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) in 2021.  It was what what Dudley Moore had. Trying to find a reliable source.

I had actually been thinking about Billy a couple months ago wondering why it seemed like he had disappeared.  I was watching GH which I don't do too often anymore and seeing Cameron as Drew made me wish Billy Miller hadn't gotten screwed on that show too especially since Burton ended up off the show again due to his behavior in regards to stuff. 

I found this on Twitter (not calling it by that dumbass name) that someone had made for Billy's birthday. They decided to post it again after finding out about what happened.

I admit this news made me tear up a bit. He always seemed so nice and genuine outside of whatever role or show he was on. It's always kind of scary when someone close in age dies of something so especially tragic because of there not being anything to do except wait and be made comfortable when needed.

• Sad 13

I'm not sure if the article that mentioned PSP is correct except for the fact that he died and possibly a couple other things. The updated TVLine article has completely different names for his family members and his rep in this one is mentioned as saying he suffered from manic depression which is another word for Bipolar. Maybe he had both. Hopefully some clarification will come out at some point concerning the PSP.

Billy Miller, Daytime Emmy-Winning Y&R and GH Vet, Dead at 43

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
  • Love 1