Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

X100000 likes miamama!! 

ETA: re Michael Fairman. I read several of his articles about how he was hounded and that he was threatened on the set of Y&R. Seriously, who threatens an older man like that?  Once they leave, they are person non grata to everyone else in the "congregation, supposedly this includes their own family members.

Edited by PatsyandEddie
  • Love 4

Soap mags are saturated with non-soap related fluff about daytime actors. That's why I have useless facts knocking around in my noggin, like B&B's Brooke designs clothes and Sami from Days writes novels. I don't honestly care about the personal lives of actors, so the inclusion of filler about their beauty regimes, weddings, hobbies, or eating habits chaps my hide. I know a lot of people must enjoy it, otherwise why include it, but it's definitely there.

• Love 3

It's not gossip. Scientologists in Hollywood is not a side topic. It's a big issue. And the co-creators of her show are Scientologists. With the exception of soap friends on the show, the actors are as well.

Miamama, your head is sure filled with lots of facts - where do you get the time to learn all this stuff?  I had no idea that Michelle Stafford was even a scientologist (no cap on purpose), and I have never seen the show you are talking about.  I just watched her be Phyllis for lots of years, and I tried to watch the GH (Sonny) show, but this is all very interesting.   I read a lot about the subject with the Tom Cruise - Katie Holmes thing, of course, and this, like most religions, scares the hell out of me.  As usual, your comment was full of facts, which I didn't quote because of the length.  Your prospective never fails to be thought-provoking.  

• Love 5

There is a huge documentary about $cientology about to be released on HBO.  I think it's called Going Clear?  It's based on that book.  Hopefully a lot of people will finally learn that it's not just some weird group, it's extremely dangerous.

• Love 10

When did she make it clear that HHK is not her friend..inquiring minds want to know.......

I'm still waiting to find out when SC made it clear that she is not a friend of HHK....

Edited by Canadian
  • Love 4

Are we in danger of getting a bunny for discussing the actors' religion on here?  I came from a board where you get in trouble all the time for the tiniest thing so I'm trying to be careful, but some of this stuff is really scary.  I like bunnies, but always hate to get one.

• Love 5

CROSBY777, ON 28 JAN 2015 - 7:56 PM, SAID:
LOL but I really do.. Victor is Y&R to me.. I would hate it if he was gone.. no one plays asshole better and I think ALL soaps need a resident asshole who always wins.. Stefano on Days  and Victor on Y&R.

Thanks for answering my post with a bit of humor, which I am returning with my favorite part bolded.  You are probably right about every show needing an asshole, just to compare the nice people with.  Your posts to me are always funny and classy and I always appreciate that. Youhaveaniceday! LOL

I'm still waiting to find out when SC made it clear that she is not a friend of HHK....

She was the only one who supported MM after he was fired for groping HHK. She made her choice - MM. As was already mentioned- she was the only one. That doesn't make her a saint or anything. It just makes it look like she doesn't believe HHK or she doesn't care.

Edited by radishcake
baiting language

There is a huge documentary about $cientology about to be released on HBO.  I think it's called Going Clear?  It's based on that book.  Hopefully a lot of people will finally learn that it's not just some weird group, it's extremely dangerous.

Oh, how I wish the title of documentary was "The Thetanic Verses".

• Love 9

They're personal friends. I've even seen both Preston and MS in attendance together at a few segments of DWT when Kirstie Alley, also one of their friends, was competing. The only thing the that's the common denominator among them, except for their friendship and all being "in the business", is Scientology. I don't know whether they were acquaintances before their involvement with that organization or not, or whether any of them are still involved with it, but they're all supposedly good chums. And I have nothing to add about the organization because I don't know enough about it to opine, but I do recall a period when Michael Fairman, the actor not the soap industry writer, was on the show and writers were retrieving some articles/quotes that were attributed to him about Scientology and how they'd tried to ruin him personally after he parted ways from it.

Yeah I remember that. A soap columnist,(don't remember which one) said that one of the female stars on the soap who was a Scientologist was threatening him because he had made some unpopular statements about the religion and had left the sect.

• Love 1

OK, well that's what I get for being super busy at work today. Let's put the kibosh right now on religion AND the MM drama. I have said it before that unless new info is proffered just do not even. It's a hole that's been dug too far already. SO to sum up: some people have a religion and also some people no longer work on this show because REASONS. 

Let's drop it now because it ALWAYS gets heated and people get finger pointy. PM me if you have a problem with this decree and you are hereby bunnied. 

tumblr_inline_nad0tgB5Qh1qbcxfk.jpg

• Love 7

OK, well that's what I get for being super busy at work today. Let's put the kibosh right now on religion AND the MM drama. I have said it before that unless new info is proffered just do not even. It's a hole that's been dug too far already. SO to sum up: some people have a religion and also some people no longer work on this show because REASONS. 

Let's drop it now because it ALWAYS gets heated and people get finger pointy. PM me if you have a problem with this decree and you are hereby bunnied. 

OH NO!!  I had a bad feeling about this.  I hate being bunnied, but he is adorable.

• Love 2

aaww, he is adorable......

• Love 3

I'm positive this is the wrong place to post this, but I can't find a place.  How would one go about nominating Dylan as a new listing in the Nickname topic.  He's gathering a lot of really funny nicknames, and someone smarter than me needs to list them.  It may be a closed topic - I don't know because I've been here less than a year and can't even post correctly half the time.

Edited to request that one of the mods move this to where it should go.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 1

So, many cast members (MTS, SB, MCE, HK and others) on Twitter tweeted in the last few days that they had a FANTASTIC meeting with Chuck Pratt and AWESOME stories are coming and we must FOLLOW Pratt on Twitter. It's hilarious. Clearly an edict was issued. lol. Pratt is quite active on Twitter. He retweets a lot and does respond to some questions. 

I'm sure we will see some "deaths" or disappearances of characters in the next few months. Suppose I can't blame people for kissing his ass to keep their jobs. He has come on to make significant changes and that has to be scary. 

• Love 5

This isn't necessarily a slam against GT. Currently Phyllis IS acting mean and somewhat one-dimensional, but I blame that on the coma juice, not GT. I wouldn't exactly call MS's Phyllis friendly, but I never thought of her as ice cold like she is now.

That's funny. I actually feel like she is a bit softer and more vulnerable now than her previous writing and portrayal. When she gets upset or hurt I sense a loss of control, earnestness, and sometimes fear that is more authentic. When before when she had those moments was more calculating or polished IMHO. I have empathy for her in these current scenes when she gets worked up.

To being this back to show gossip. RA/Noah has a beard now and they may have to work that in to the show if they ever feature this cutie.

This is spec but Pratt is hasn't (in my reading) given spoilers mentioning Billy but practically everyone and even in talking about Mop hasn't mentioned Billy. That doesn't look good.

Edited by Petunia13

I'm just glad MM is gone. Never liked him. And Justin Hartley is the bomb. :)

I'm beginning to wonder if the character of Adam Newman is jinxed. First Chris Engen walks out on the role under a black cloud. Then Michael Muhney is fired under a black cloud. Now the drumbeat has already begun that Justin Hartley doesn't get along with most of the cast. He's antagonistic towards the other actors and friction is noticeable enough that the gossip has already begun. Y&R has always been a BTS snakes' nest, but this situation just gets nuttier and nuttier.

BTW, the twitter praise for Chuckie Pratt by Y&R's actors is so orchestrated this past Weekend that they must all be scared to death of who will be first to get the ax. So phony. The paranoia runs deep.

• Love 3

Interesting little blind items from Branco's most recent - and last edition of SU. Ordinarily, I'd post the caveat that they could apply to any one of the soaps, but two of them (seem to) definitely be about Y&R because he mentioned the actors by name in the opening pages of the piece.

•One BI asks which "new addition to a soap" is not making friends on set?  (JH is specifically mentioned in this issue of SU as not being well liked)

•Another BI asks which actress lied to the press about a recent hiatus from the show?  (MTS's recent absence is addressed in the piece but I'm not sure she's the one being referred to here).

•And, supposedly an actor got a talking-to recently by execs for his Twitter tirades.  (This appears to be EB, because he's mentioned in the article several times, though another actor was singled out for making a reference to blackface in one of his tweets, but that doesn't sound so much like a tirade as a major gaffe).

This was posted up-thread and I assume this is the source of the Justin Hartley rumors.  I checked the page, but I think you have to pay to read the actual article.  I'm not sure - a little stupid about these online gossip sites.  I hope it isn't true, because I kinda like the actor, and think he's nice looking.  I realize the writing sucks for him right now and his storyline makes no sense, but that can't be blamed on him and he seems to be a good actor.

• Love 1

Nelson Branco as about as reliable a source as... I'm actually lost for an appropriate metaphor to express his unreliability.

Frankly, I trust Branco more than any of the other so-called soap writers. Logan is an utter shill for CBS & JFP. Fairman plays favorites and will suck up to Hollywood phonies like MS. Daytime Confidential is a pathetic joke. Most of the others are just fed their copy from the network PR departments. Since Branco has left the business, he's got nothing to gain. As far as his BI's go, I think EB got his ass handed to him for attacking SC on twitter and rightfully so. JH isn't used to Y&R's ego BS, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him not put up with that silliness and rub those clowns the wrong way. Too freakin' bad. I have no idea about MTS, other than the fact that the woman has had medical and drug problems for awhile. Her back issues have been discussed for years. It could be her, but have other actresses been on a sabbatical?  I don't keep up with the comings and goings much.

• Love 3

Frankly, I trust Branco more than any of the other so-called soap writers. Logan is an utter shill for CBS & JFP. Fairman plays favorites and will suck up to Hollywood phonies like MS. Daytime Confidential is a pathetic joke. Most of the others are just fed their copy from the network PR departments. Since Branco has left the business, he's got nothing to gain. As far as his BI's go, I think EB got his ass handed to him for attacking SC on twitter and rightfully so. JH isn't used to Y&R's ego BS, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him not put up with that silliness and rub those clowns the wrong way. Too freakin' bad. I have no idea about MTS, other than the fact that the woman has had medical and drug problems for awhile. Her back issues have been discussed for years. It could be her, but have other actresses been on a sabbatical?  I don't keep up with the comings and goings much.

If he didn't he sure should have, such unprofessional.....

• Love 6

Went to see American Sniper over the weekend and Billy Miller is on screen for about a minute playing a recruiter. My sister and I were both saying: "Hey it's Billy Abbott" lol  Way cool!!!

I believe he did too and regardless of who the tweet on his page was about,SC or another actor,it was wrong and in bad taste to just allow it on his page.Very unprofessional in my opinion!

This was posted up-thread and I assume this is the source of the Justin Hartley rumors.  I checked the page, but I think you have to pay to read the actual article.  I'm not sure - a little stupid about these online gossip sites.  I hope it isn't true, because I kinda like the actor, and think he's nice looking.  I realize the writing sucks for him right now and his storyline makes no sense, but that can't be blamed on him and he seems to be a good actor.

I hope they don't get rid of JH because he is the best addition to this show along with GT!

• Love 4

IMO, unless an actor isn't doing his job or deliberately undermines another, he shouldn't face termination simply because his coworkers don't like him. Geez, I don't like a lot of my coworkers, and I'm sure the same could be said for many other people. I don't get paid to like the people I work with. I get paid to do my job, and do it well. Same with actors, if someone has a problem working with JH, they need to suck it up. They don't have to socialize with him, but they sure as hell have to act their scenes to the best of their ability, as does he. It's their job, and if they don't like it, they're free to walk,

• Love 6

This is spec but Pratt is hasn't (in my reading) given spoilers mentioning Billy but practically everyone and even in talking about Mop hasn't mentioned Billy. That doesn't look good.

There is that BI about an unnamed soap wanting to give a male character a "rest". I'm seriously thinking that they plan on writing Billy out one way or another. I don't think he'll be killed off because he's (IMO) essential to keep up the continuation of the Abbott-Newman rivalry, but they seriously need to recast this character with another actor that's more like Billy and less like Jack's uncle.

• Love 7

Maybe Billy is heading to the "Paris office" like they do on B&B!  Does he dance?  LOL

I don't think they have a paris office, but they do have a hong kong one which billy was sent to once before...I think he got into trouble there tho with his gambling.

• Love 4

I don't think they have a paris office, but they do have a hong kong one which billy was sent to once before...I think he got into trouble there tho with his gambling.

I thought he got in trouble with gambling and that's why he was packed off to HK to begin with. Didn't it have something to do with Katherine's silver candlesticks? IIRC, he was going to pawn them off to pay off a penny ante gambling debt. Funnily, Billy was a lot like the younger Brock.

• Love 6

Maybe the actress on hiatus is AH.  I read a family passed away and she was taking a break from the show and Twitter.   Not sure what the lie would be. 

Oh how I wish that EB/Victor would be given a rest, although I definitely think that BJ is all wrong for the part of Billy, and frankly is not a very good actor.  Billy is Jack's amiable screw up kid brother.  Remember Billy impishly asking Jack if his junk still works?  Could you picture BJ's Billy in those scenes?  I can't.  LOL he does seem more like Jack's uncle than his younger brother.

I hope JH sticks around, he's a terrific actor.  Love him as Adam.

• Love 4

Y&R sounds like a freak show behind the scenes. Where is HR? People should not be more interested in the behind the scenes gossip than they are the actual show. Not a good look at all.

The insanity of BTS at Y&R is legendary. In her last book, Jeanne Cooper wrote about Melody Thomas Scott refusing to talk to her off-camera for over four years. JC said she never got an explanation for her rude conduct. MTS is obviously another Hollywood whack-a-doodle. The real soap happens when the stage lights are turned off.

• Love 3

Omg RA/Noah's fiancé and mother of his daughter, Linsey Godfrey who plays Caroline on B&B and is frontburner and excellent was struck by a car and pinned under it. Both legs are broken and she's in surgery.

That's so awful. I love her. She's a super nice, talented, and a cancer survivor and advocate.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

I guess TPTB won't have any problems writing Noah out for a while so RA can help her recuperate - Noah has hardly any screentime anyway!

What a horrible thing to happen - very sad time for all three of them.  Speedy recovery to her.

• Love 4

Omg RA/Noah's fiancé and mother of his daughter, Linsey Godfrey who plays Caroline on B&B and is frontburner and excellent was struck by a car and pinned under it. Both legs are broken and she's in surgery.

That's so awful. I love her. She's a super nice, talented, and a cancer survivor and advocate.

Sorry to hear that but thanks for the info Petunia! That is so scary! My prayers to her,Robert and little daughter.Hope she makes a complete recovery.

• Love 2