Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Miami Spice

• Start Topic

That confirms my suspicions. I can only imagine what else happened that we didn't see (but will be revealed during the "lost footage" special for this season).

KENYA MOORE ‏@KenyaMoore  15h15 hours ago

What you all didn't see before he left was him threatening to kill everyone #facts #rhoa https://twitter.com/KenyaMoore/status/678747283354206208

Kandi Burruss ‏@Kandi  15h15 hours ago

there were a few more things he said that they're not even showing. Crazy! https://twitter.com/Kandi/status/678743431104077829

How the hell they making this @KenyaMoore 's fault??? I don't always agree with her but she was right this time. He needed to leave.

https://twitter.com/Kandi/status/678746197339803649

• Love 22

I was going to mention those posts, thanks for posting the links, SnarkKitty.

Kandi was also posting about it on Facebook. Glen is a very bad man, and bringing Tammy into the mix was a mistake, in my opinion. She brought the trash in with her.

• Love 6

I don't think Tammy's nephews going buck wild should have cost her a peach.  She was strange, but harmless.

I see future conflicts between these two.

Kim sees Kenya as an instigator, which is why that Information or Instigation bit struck Kenya's nerves.  She's seen Kenya ramp up the drama by having Shamea thrown off the boat, she's seen Kenya play RunTelDat between Tammy &  Sheree and she sees Kenya instigating with the Glen situation, even though she herself agreed with Kandi that Glen had to go. 

The real reason she was crying last episode to go home is Kenya bared her fangs and got her claws ready for Kim after that Instigation or Information bit & Kim's not used to messy birds coming after her.  Kim wanted to go home because Kenya unnerved her & she wondered why was she missing out on time with her kids by messing with a 45 year old overgrown teenager?

I wish Alexis Fields was in place instead of Kim because I think Kim will give Kenya a polite read, while Alexis would snatch Kenya's edges & have her ordering from Porsha's weave line with one hand and applying Jamaican Black Castor Oil with the other.

• Love 14

I don't think Tammy's nephews going buck wild should have cost her a peach.  She was strange, but harmless.

The real reason she was crying last episode to go home is Kenya bared her fangs and got her claws ready for Kim after that Instigation or Information bit & Kim's not used to messy birds coming after her.  Kim wanted to go home because Kenya unnerved her & she wondered why was she missing out on time with her kids by messing with a 45 year old overgrown teenager?

I wish Alexis Fields was in place instead of Kim because I think Kim will give Kenya a polite read, while Alexis would snatch Kenya's edges & have her ordering from Porsha's weave line with one hand and applying Jamaican Black Castor Oil with the other.

Even without this incident, from what I've seen so far, Tammy brings nothing to the group besides awkwardness that doesn't translate to good tv.

As you say, Kim is capable of giving Kenya a read and has not hesitated to call her out, even with only meeting her a few times. In fact, besides Kandi saying that Kenya doesn't apply her critiques to herself, I think Kim is the only one to read her directly ( not counting Shamea's backhanded water snark). She certainly seems able to hold her own (a required trait for a woman in Hollywood, especially a producer and director) so I don't buy that an eyebrow raise and bit of shade from Kenya is what sent her into a crying jag. Don't forget, she already had that little family related breakdown at Phaedra's house so it seems she is prone to emotional reactions about the topic.

• Love 4

Hitler and Saddam must in parkas and drinking hot cocoas in hell because I am on Kenya's side here. Somebody hold me! Kenya was acting scared of Glen because Glen was fucking scary! 

I actually don't mind Phaedra but I was so not here for her this episode. This was not a black lives matter issue. That dude showed himself to be violent towards women! His own family for goodness sake! Dude was erratic and acting nonsensical. I don't even know why he even clapped back at  Kandi. He congratulated her about her pregnancy she said thank you and I guess she didn't say it the way he liked because he said she had an attitude? Something was seriously wrong with that dude!  He was an guest in the women's rental and walked up into the hot tub talking about bitch ass bitches better not come for him?!? Um....

And Phaedra honey, if you raise up your boys to act like Glen then you might as well have taken them up to the prison to see Apollo everyday and let him teach them about get rich quick schemes, fed them canned foods and let Peter teach them about entrepreneurship and how marriage is not a partnership while you are at it because your ass would have failed as parent and person!

I don't agree with her and yeah, she used the incident as an excuse to go home but I still like Kim.

Kim's style of clothing is just ... not good. It is like Mrs. Roper in her jazzercise outfits.  The only thing missing is matching headbands.

Why were her and husband cracking wise about some young girls big afro puffs? Kim could be hiding a child in her hair too now. Bump your brakes.

That whole sequence of Tammy coming back from the hospital and at Kandi's bedroom door was hilarious!! Best part of the episode. Tammy standing there reminded me of that girl that crawled out of the well at the end of the horror flick The Ring but stopped off to get some janky braids because she was tired of all those hair strands in her face.

Sure they have no future but I enjoyed Porsha and her temp vacation boo. I don't agree with Nene on much but I did when she said there were all these single girls not sharing their dating lives which could be rich tv material. I enjoyed that and liked Porsha coming back to the house wanting to share only to find everyone asleep. LOL! More of that please!

I loved Porsha's date dress but there was too much boob. Of course!

Porsha's implants settled very nicely. So did Phaedra's.

Might be some of her mortuary training.... feeling for a pulse to make sure they're really dead before she buries them?

I'll show myself out.....

The only thing Phaedra is checking for is a wallet to make sure you can pay for her services.

• Love 10

KENYA MOORE ‏@KenyaMoore  15h15 hours ago

What you all didn't see before he left was him threatening to kill everyone #facts #rhoa https://twitter.com/KenyaMoore/status/678747283354206208

there were a few more things he said that they're not even showing. Crazy! https://twitter.com/Kandi/status/678743431104077829

How the hell they making this @KenyaMoore 's fault??? I don't always agree with her but she was right this time. He needed to leave.

https://twitter.com/Kandi/status/678746197339803649

This is another example of why Kenya should have kept her mouth closed and just had Security handle it from the get go. Really, why did she even ask Tammy to get them out of there if he was threatening to "kill everyone", just have security do it. IMO, it was more important to Kenya to get in THE last word and get the camera on her than it was to get Glen/friend out of the house ASAP, otherwise she would have had SECURITY handle it from the get go! JMO

• Love 7

Yes, Kim can handle herself and she's not afraid to confront Kenya but if you are used to not dealing with messy birds & then you're confronted with one, you're going to be in shock.  Kim was in shock & it's not surprising that she wanted to leave & go home.  Why sit around with catty middle aged women when you could be at home with people who really care about you?  Yes, she wanted to be home anyway & used the situation as an excuse but now she's telling Kenya she doesn't need an excuse anymore...she's just not dealing with it.

It's like Kim has been Tootie up to this episode and is now channeling Regine.  There was a distinct edge to Kim's interactions with Kenya in this episode that haven't been present in the previous episodes. It's like you could see the thought bubbles in Kim's head saying "I am tired of you, bitch."  Kim does not like Kenya and is letting her know in a classy, professional way that she's not here for it.

I'm here for it, though.

• Love 9

Hitler and Saddam must in parkas and drinking hot cocoas in hell because I am on Kenya's side here. Somebody hold me! Kenya was acting scared of Glen because Glen was fucking scary! 

I actually don't mind Phaedra but I was so not here for her this episode. This was not a black lives matter issue. That dude showed himself to be violent towards women! His own family for goodness sake! Dude was erratic and acting nonsensical. I don't even know why he even clapped back at  Kandi. He congratulated her about her pregnancy she said thank you and I guess she didn't say it the way he liked because he said she had an attitude? Something was seriously wrong with that dude!  He was an guest in the women's rental and walked up into the hot tub talking about bitch ass bitches better not come for him?!? Um....

And Phaedra honey, if you raise up your boys to act like Glen then you might as well have taken them up to the prison to see Apollo everyday and let him teach them about get rich quick schemes, fed them canned foods and let Peter teach them about entrepreneurship and how marriage is not a partnership while you are at it because your ass would have failed as parent and person!

I don't agree with her and yeah, she used the incident as an excuse to go home but I still like Kim.

Kim's style of clothing is just ... not good. It is like Mrs. Roper in her jazzercise outfits.  The only thing missing is matching headbands.

Why were her and husband cracking wise about some young girls big afro puffs? Kim could be hiding a child in her hair too now. Bump your brakes.

That whole sequence of Tammy coming back from the hospital and at Kandi's bedroom door was hilarious!! Best part of the episode. Tammy standing there reminded me of that girl that crawled out of the well at the end of the horror flick The Ring but stopped off to get some janky braids because she was tired of all those hair strands in her face.

I love this post so much, I might have to ask it to marry me.  Everything is on point and hilarious.

• Love 2

I watched the Glen scene again and upon second viewing I noticed that Tammy didn't even hit the ground that hard. I don't think she was really knocked out. She was pretty drunk and it looked like once she was down she just sort of fell asleep. A head injury that knocks you out cold is pretty serious and I would think would warrant a longer hospital visit than the one she had. If she was able to come back to the house later that night still looking out of it and drunk I bet she just blacked out from drinking too much. (None of this excuses Glen who is pretty clearly not a good guy. No matter how drunk Tammy was he knocked her over and didn't look back because he was trying to get to another woman and do god knows what to her.)

I don't like Kenya at all but I thought it was disturbing to watch her backing up in fear when Glen headed towards her. I couldn't help but wonder if there have been other women in that same situation with Glen WITHOUT the benefit of beefy security guys. It was upsetting.

• Love 12

The only real fact in this, is Glen and only Glen was dead wrong in this situation. 

Yes, he was wrong.  But many people view the situation differently and can understand where Kim was coming from with her viewpoint on it.  She's only seen Kenya instigate drama up to this point.  Can she be blamed for thinking that's what Kenya was doing this time too?  Not really, IMO.  

Glen was a dick, yes.  And Kenya may not have had an ulterior motive for asking him to leave.  However, she's spent her time on this show inciting drama where there didn't need to be any.  Slotting herself in situations that she didn't need to be involved in and then claiming victim later.  And generally running around like she's Little Miss Queen Bee whenever she got the chance.  A point Kandi was trying to make not too many episodes ago.

So, while I may not agree with Kim's assessment of the situation, I absolutely understand how she arrived at it.  

Kenya will no doubt use this to paint herself a victim.  We'll definitely have to hear all about how mistreated she was by the other women after this incident.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 12

Phaedra can take her fat ass right off of this show with that "white women in suburbia who get scared" bullshit. 

No, Phaedra has a point, it just wan't true in THIS case.  I mean if you look it up, there are studies of how black boys AND girls are suspended from school for the SAME infractions white children commit.  

The problem with what Phaedra was saying was Glen was not some innocent child.  He knocked his AUNT to the ground and would have done worse if the security guards hadn't appeared.  For that I don't blame Kim for leaving, I would have left too.

I can't stand Kenya, but she was 100% right.  She did NOTHING to provoke Glen.  The other women were saying that Kenya was cool with him at first and she was, but Glen is one of those people who becomes Mr. Hyde when he drinks; THAT'S when Kenya was like, "oh hell no, get out."  Also Tammy was telling him to go when he pushed her.  

The problem with Kenya is she's like the boy who cried "wolf."  She stirs up so much shit, you don't believe her when she says it's someone else's fault.

I think Kenya might be a bit jealous of Kim.  They are about the same age, yet Kim has been more successful as an actress than Kenya, plus she's married and has children, things that, according to Kenya, she wants.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
I think Kenya might be a bit jealous of Kim.  They are about the same age, yet Kim has been more successful as an actress than Kenya, plus she's married and has children, things that, according to Kenya, she wants.

Yes to this. More than  a bit jealous. Plus she sees Kim as competition for Queen Bee status of RHOA, which she thinks became hers when Nene left. Normally someone who joins a cast doesn't get to be Queen Bee from the start, but Kim is the first had a career in showbiz (other than Kandi, but that was music) before RH on this franchise. I think Kenya finds that threatening. 

Kenya shouldn't be worried. Kim is a total Debbie Downer.

• Love 6

I'm so happy everyone here isn't slamming Kenya who, in my opinion, acted totally appropriately in this situation.  Women like Phaedra discredit the BLM movement and it's very disappointing that even after viewing the episode back, her and Sheree still can't admit it wasn't Kenya's fault.  And holy hypocrite, Sheree!  That chick acts like a wild animal every time her trigger gets pushed (a trigger so big it spans mile wide). With an attitude like Phaedra's, Ayden and Dylan don't stand a chance. They're going to end up exactly like their daddy.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 3

Yes, he was wrong.  But many people view the situation differently and can understand where Kim was coming from with her viewpoint on it.  She's only seen Kenya instigate drama up to this point.  Can she be blamed for thinking that's what Kenya was doing this time too?  Not really, IMO.  

Glen was a dick, yes. 

I get the "boy who cried wolf" and historical pattern of behavior thing. I do. The problem I have with Kim's words is that she experienced firsthand, TRULY unprovoked aggressive behavior and cussing toward Kandi, who was just sitting there. Kim even commented on it. She also claimed fearing for her safety as a reason to leave. It wasn't the other women who caused this, it wasn't Oliver, it was Glen, the one whose behavior she had observed and taken note of before anything went wrong. That's why her reaction is so problematic for me. Although wrong in their reactions, at least Phaedra and Sheree et al did not have the benefit of seeing his disrespectful, borderline threatening attitude as a point of reference. She deliberately chose to ignore those things in favor of jumping on the Kenya is wrong bandwagon.

• Love 12

This is another example of why Kenya should have kept her mouth closed and just had Security handle it from the get go. Really, why did she even ask Tammy to get them out of there if he was threatening to "kill everyone", just have security do it. IMO, it was more important to Kenya to get in THE last word and get the camera on her than it was to get Glen/friend out of the house ASAP, otherwise she would have had SECURITY handle it from the get go! JMO

I disagree.  Like Kenya or not, I don't think she was in the wrong here.  There's a reason that Kim and Kandi were hanging out away from the hot tub and there's a reason that Kenya got up to join them.  Kenya was being her usual flirty self IMO on the boat and Glen was aggressive with her then.  She seemed to back it up when she realized he wasn't responding to her in the same playful fashion. 

She did ask Security to intervene when Glen acted as though he was going to charge her. Given that he had just pushed/shoved his aunt aside, I would have been afraid.   I don't think she was trying to get in the last word so much as responding to Glen's question about why he was being asked to leave.  She tried to keep it polite and adult; she could have walked away or been as rude as he was being.  She didn't. 

And she didn't come up with this "plan" to have him kicked out right there.  It did seem like something else happened (i.e., the threat).  Furthermore, Kandi had even said earlier that she didn't feel comfortable with this guy and would rather he left.  So something was going on more than just Kenya trying to turn it up.  She has certainly done so in the past but I don't think she did here.

I sincerely hope that Phaedra, Sheree and Kim change their tunes after watching the footage.

And FWIW, even if Kenya did "provoke" the douchebag by snapping at him or flipping her dress or whatever, it does not warrant the verbal abuse and the physical lashing out.

ETA:  This could have been what cost Tammy her peach.  This was a working "vacation" for the ladies and therefore Bravo was responsible for their safety.  If anyone had been injured, Bravo could have been held liable.  So I totally get why Bravo may have decided to sever any kind of tie with Tammy after this.

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 12

Actually if you raise your black son right he could still end up dead or in jail because cops lie and teachers see black boys as threats at 7, so miss me with that "if you raise your kids right" bull. The Central Park 5 spent 20 years in jail behind lies by the cops, The New York Daily News and Donald Trump's incendiary statements.

Kenya wasn't at fault but she's a terrible human being. If she and her stans still can't admit SHE is the reason she's hated on this show, don't expect a parade for her being right 1 time in 2 seasons. Kenya needs Kim around to shade her into silence regularly.

I like Kim Fields' discomfort at grown women spreading their asses and twerking. I like that Kim Fields is savvy enough to have spotted the shade from Kenya at their first meeting. The entire sequence of Kim with her family was cute; a dose of that mixed with the nonsense would be good for this show.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 12

Yes, he was wrong.

Glen was a dick, yes.

And that's where it begins and ends for me and many others. Anything else comes off like Glen is being excused and given a break. "Glen was awful and did such and such, but Kenya...." Anything that comes after that gives Glen a pass, and implies Kenya had it coming, or was responsible for Glen coming at her. I'm not a Kenya fan, but I can't use nor hold any drama she's done on this show as a rationale for Glen's dirty dangerous behavior, or Phaedra, Sheree, & especially Kim being obtuse when she was present for his over the top reaction to Kandi simply saying "Thank You" to him.

And generally running around like she's Little Miss Queen Bee whenever she got the chance.  A point Kandi was trying to make not too many episodes ago

Interestingly enough Kandi didn't use Kenya's attitude/ego against her; she was relieved and validated that someone else felt the same about Glen.

Kenya will no doubt use this to paint herself a victim.  We'll definitely have to hear all about how mistreated she was by the other women after this incident.

She won’t have to do much if at all any painting or drawing for that matter.  We witnessed him treat her, and talk about the other women deplorably.

If she and her stans still can't admit SHE is the reason she's hated on this show, don't expect a parade for her being right 1 time in 2 seasons.

I don't see why Kenya being hated on this show, or way out in Mars has anything to do with Glen & his misogynistic violent behavior? No one is calling for Kenya to receive the key to the city of Atlanta, but to downplay it like it was no big deal is almost as bad.
  • Love 20
I get the "boy who cried wolf" and historical pattern of behavior thing. I do. The problem I have with Kim's words is that she experienced firsthand, TRULY unprovoked aggressive behavior and cussing toward Kandi, who was just sitting there. Kim even commented on it. She also claimed fearing for her safety as a reason to leave. It wasn't the other women who caused this, it wasn't Oliver, it was Glen, the one whose behavior she had observed and taken note of before anything went wrong. That's why her reaction is so problematic for me. Although wrong in their reactions, at least Phaedra and Sheree et al did not have the benefit of seeing his disrespectful, borderline threatening attitude as a point of reference. She deliberately chose to ignore those things in favor of jumping on the Kenya is wrong bandwagon.

But see, I didn't think Kim's stance was negating any of what Glen did. I thought she was simply saying Kenya was wrong TOO. I don't necessarily agree, but I thought Kim was coming from a place of thinking that Glen was so volatile that it would have been better to say nothing and just let Tammy and/or security handle it. Basically, I don't think saying Kenya did something wrong means that Glen was in the right, or any less wrong himself. 

• Love 9

I'm going to be disappointed if this is the last we see of weird Tammy. The ever-present Coronas, the unflattering braids, the common, juicy past with Sheree--this chick is a goldmine of entertaining material.

I love Phaedra but she was way off base with her misplaced sympathy for Glen. Mothers to young, black men really do have valid reasons to be worried for their sons' welfare in this insane world today but that asshole Glen didn't warrant any sympathy or tears. I'll admit I laughed at his Kenya smackdown about the snapping on the boat but his attitude toward Kandi was really crazy. He must really be trippin' off of being Glen Rice Jr. but really, who gives a fuck? When was the last time Glen Rice was relevant??

• Love 11

I could have died happy NOT knowing which of these women have had (given? I can't remember how the question was phrased) golden showers. Lord, help me. I also thought Porsha spreading her ass in that too-small bikini was a bit much. I'm wondering how much of her Stepford Wife persona was put on. (I did crack up when Oliver did that split and fell trying to get in the pool.) And lastly, I went "ugh" when Cynthia told Peter to be prepared to get some when she got home.

#BlackLivesMatter is relevant in the world in general but not relevant here, Phaedra. Glen was acting crazy. (I also had a moment where I was like, "and you're not respecting your elders either," because some of them are old enough to be his mother.) I actually recoiled when he stepped toward Kenya. 

I do like that Kim is not afraid of Kenya. She may be kind of a prude/downer, but she's not sheepish. I appreciate that.

• Love 8

I don't see why Kenya being hated on this show, or way out in Mars has anything to do with Glen & his misogynistic violent behavior?

When Kenya visits Mars I'm sure they'll hate her too. My point was that 'Kenya-hate' will color people's reactions to Glen's violence. I think some will be incapable of placing the blame solely on Glen because of Kenya's prior bad acts. Those same people might have "who gon check me boo" tshirts in their closets...jussayin

If Kim Fields is walking around in a "who gon check me boo" tshirt she's not only seen the show but has her favorites. Perhaps she's playing a role of christian housewife trying to balance her convictions with the desire for girlfriends. Perhaps she's just a better actress than the other person that apparently is only a bitch because "she's playing a part".

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
  • Love 3

Glen knocked Tammi to the ground with no regard to her well being. I was floored listening to Phaedra ignore and explain away aggressive and abusive behavior just to get digs in at Kenya.Hopefully she is not raising her boys to be entitled assholes like their father Apollo.

I thought I read in her forum here that her one son is quite a handful in school/pre-school.

ETA -- After seeing this episode I hope no NBA team recruits Glen the Jerk! 

Unfortunately, from what I have read and heard, men like Glen are common in the NBA.

I noticed that, too. If Phaedra is making grand leaps to BLM to explain away Glen's aggression and violence, it makes sense that she would lie about how Tammy ended up on the floor. Why Phaedra would want to protect this man whom she's known for only a few hours is beyond me. 

Professional habit, perhaps? I seem to recall Phaedra has a lot of athletes for clients. Remember the one we saw who paid her from his car in the parking lot of the courthouse?

I, too, was wondering if Glen is Tammy's actual blood nephew. Or moreso how my best girlfriends' kids call me "Aunt Duke." Not that it has absolutely anything to do with his deplorable behavior.  Just curious.

Seriously.  Not to mention misogynistic, arrogant, aggressive people. 

I found it doubly suspicious when she described the second guy as her new "other" "nephew".

• Love 1

I disagree.  Like Kenya or not, I don't think she was in the wrong here.  There's a reason that Kim and Kandi were hanging out away from the hot tub and there's a reason that Kenya got up to join them.  Kenya was being her usual flirty self IMO on the boat and Glen was aggressive with her then.  She seemed to back it up when she realized he wasn't responding to her in the same playful fashion. 

She did ask Security to intervene when Glen acted as though he was going to charge her. Given that he had just pushed/shoved his aunt aside, I would have been afraid.   I don't think she was trying to get in the last word so much as responding to Glen's question about why he was being asked to leave.  She tried to keep it polite and adult; she could have walked away or been as rude as he was being.  She didn't. 

And she didn't come up with this "plan" to have him kicked out right there.  It did seem like something else happened (i.e., the threat).  Furthermore, Kandi had even said earlier that she didn't feel comfortable with this guy and would rather he left.  So something was going on more than just Kenya trying to turn it up.  She has certainly done so in the past but I don't think she did here.

I sincerely hope that Phaedra, Sheree and Kim change their tunes after watching the footage.

And FWIW, even if Kenya did "provoke" the douchebag by snapping at him or flipping her dress or whatever, it does not warrant the verbal abuse and the physical lashing out.

ETA:  This could have been what cost Tammy her peach.  This was a working "vacation" for the ladies and therefore Bravo was responsible for their safety.  If anyone had been injured, Bravo could have been held liable.  So I totally get why Bravo may have decided to sever any kind of tie with Tammy after this.

Glen, and ONLY Glen is responsible for HIS actions, NOT Kenya or Tammy BUT Kenya IS responsible for HER actions as well. If Glen WAS that aggressive,I do believe he was BTW, then she should have allowed Security to handle him from the start, not ask Tammy to handel him as she initially did and she should have stayed as far away from Glen as she could in another room. She, Kenya, should have quietly told the others to go with her into a DIFFERENT room and allowed Tammy with Security's help get Glen/friend out of the house but instead she FOLLOWED them into the house and into the same room despite the fact that she felt THREATENED by him which makes zero sense unless she was more concerned about getting the last word in and getting more camera time. I do NOT think Kenya was wrong in wanting him gone but IMO, she made things worse by putting camera time BEFORE safety, hers and the others. JMO

• Love 5

Whether Glen is related to Tammi or not, I think he's her dealer. His whole vibe was weird and Tammi seemed more high than drunk. I've been wondering why her "nephew" would happen to be in Miami, but it makes sense if he was also conducting "business." It is telling how much disrespect some women find acceptable. The moment Glen started throwing around bitches and hoes, they should have been united about his needing to leave.

A link to a story about Glen being shot at a restaurant just a couple of months ago. Sounds like a drug deal beef to me.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/28/glen-rice-blood-gun-shot-photos/

Edited by laprin
  • Love 13

I thought Kenya was imitating what Kandi would have sounded like on the back of their mini-cars, ie, giving birth early.

I think she was referencing the fact that Kim cries all the time over everything.  I don't think Kenya has a problem with Kandi to be mocking her that way.

• Love 3

Glen, and ONLY Glen is responsible for HIS actions, NOT Kenya or Tammy BUT Kenya IS responsible for HER actions as well. If Glen WAS that aggressive,I do believe he was BTW, then she should have allowed Security to handle him from the start, not ask Tammy to handel him as she initially did and she should have stayed as far away from Glen as she could in another room. She, Kenya, should have quietly told the others to go with her into a DIFFERENT room and allowed Tammy with Security's help get Glen/friend out of the house but instead she FOLLOWED them into the house and into the same room despite the fact that she felt THREATENED by him which makes zero sense unless she was more concerned about getting the last word in and getting more camera time. I do NOT think Kenya was wrong in wanting him gone but IMO, she made things worse by putting camera time BEFORE safety, hers and the others. JMO

It's possible that Kenya thought bringing Security into it would make things worse and Security was a last ditch thing.  I know I would.  If Glen was Tammy's husband, should she have called Security first?  Or wouldn't you ask your friend to get her husband in check?  Nobody appeared to call Security at that pajama party and Brandon ended up with a bruised or broken rib from Apollo. 

I wasn't there but I can buy that Kenya didn't truly feel threatened until Glen shoved Tammy and rushed her.  I think she just didn't like him and was getting bad vibes and probably didn't like how he treated Kandi.   Before Security got called, she may very well have wanted to make sure he did leave.  It's not like Kenya was pulling Season 1 (or Season 2?) Who's-Gonna-Check-Me-,Boo-Sheree and getting all up in his face and screeching "Eat me" like Sheree did.  That still wouldn't warrant any pushing or shoving but from what we were shown, Kenya was being courteous and polite. 

As I've said, I'm no Kenya apologist but I don't see that she did anything wrong here.  At all.

• Love 13

I thought I read in her forum here that her one son is quite a handful in school/pre-school.

Yes, my hair stylist is friends with the oldest's (Ayden?) pre-school teacher. She said he's smart, but a spoiled brat who's hard to keep in line with the other kids. He will toss out "But my momma's on TV!!" whenever being reprimanded.

• Love 4

I could have died happy NOT knowing which of these women have had (given? I can't remember how the question was phrased) golden showers. Lord, help me. I also thought Porsha spreading her ass in that too-small bikini was a bit much... I actually recoiled when he stepped toward Kenya. 

I do like that Kim is not afraid of Kenya. She may be kind of a prude/downer, but she's not sheepish. I appreciate that.

Right??? That was a bit much for the FIRST question of "never have I ever." Damn, y'all! You know this is on TV, right? I've done some freaky shit but I'm not willing to have it locked in on video for posterity.

I enjoy Kenya, and like that she is there and owns earning her dollars for her fakeness wrt her "role" on RHOA, unlike Phaedra or NeNe (my god that accent! I hope it doesn't reappear when she does). She doesn't try to hide as much behind a shroud of "authenticity" of a good southern belle or keeping it real hood sista; she is her character and we have ZERO information on her personal life to counteract the bullshit. However, I do like a good call out/challenge, which the other ladies (minus Kandi from time to time) only seem to have the gumption to do in their talking heads or behind her back. I appreciate Kim in that respect. She is able to bring it on a savvier level than basic "huzzbin" and tired shade. Keeps Kenya on her toes.

There is no "but." Kenya is in HER home (for the time being), at HER job. She has no need to run away and hide from some trifling ass thug. This is the same reasoning that says women should hush up and leave a violent man alone or not wear a miniskirt to avoid rapists. In addition, why would one think Tammy needed security to evict Glen? What need would they have to step back and allow that to happen? If Kenya would've called security from the pool area, then she would've been called a drama starter. By asking, she allowed Tammy the opportunity to escort him from the property. A reasonable, nonviolent person might have an attitude, but not require security to get them out if their relative asked them. Why would she hide in her room and wait for security to take someone out? Why should she NEED to? None of us should feel we have to scurry and seek safety at our jobs or homes, else be blamed for another's actions. This is the epitome of rape culture. In addition, we don't know the timeline, or what else was said. We have no idea of a motivation of "camera time"  or drama, especially with Kandi, who is known to be a straight shooter, backing up the story of Glen's ugly behavior. 

• Love 18

Like many of you, I failed to see the correlation between Phaedra's BLM speech and Glen's behavior, and I get why he was annoyed with Kenya for snapping her fingers at him; HOWEVER, whether or not she stirred the pot is beside the point. His behavior was inexcusable, and it made the ladies uncomfortable. The fiasco could've been avoided had he left quietly like she asked, instead of approaching her aggressively and calling her the "b" word.

I applaud Kenya for considering the safety of her guests, and cannot believe Phaedra, Sheree, and even Kim would think Kenya was to blame for someone who was not only disrespectful to the women, but caused bodily harm to his own family member; in fact, could have possibly harm Kenya had security not intervene. Then again, she would've have gotten flak if she didn't do anything at all--her reputation is cemented, she can't win for doing the right thing--which is shameful.

But yes, Phadera? Michael Brown, BLM and Glen Rice? No comparison. Sorry, but you're reaching there, girlfriend,

• Love 8

I read on another site that on Instagram Tammy actually thanked that woman beating jackhole Glen for waiting for her at the hospital.  Seriously?  Like where else was that fool going to go?  I'm amazed and floored that ANYONE could excuse Glen's behavior in any regard.  Just damn.

ETA:  
Tammy M. Browning ‏@coloredqueen  15h15 hours ago My nephew meant no harm to me.... Period . #Family

Tammy M. Browning ‏@coloredqueen  Dec 13 My nephew Glen always has my back. Along with my baby freedom

Tammy M. Browning ‏@coloredqueen  Dec 13 No My nephew doesn't have a Twitter! Lol .... But my son does ! @ihatefreco_ #MomagerOfTheYear  #TheTammyB

ETA again:

Tammy is NOT related to anyone in my family. She should have never used my son like that.
— Glen Rice (@glenrice41) December 21, 2015

Edited by psychoticstate
  • Love 5

children of the cornrows

Porscha, don't talk, better yet, just don't be yourself

imitating debbie downer on the back of the mini car

funny stuff to counterbalance all the disturbing stuff (aggressive thug, misuse of blm, all things kim)

Kenya, if you really have the power to get people removed then please get Kim removed. She is boring and condescending. I use to like Kim until this show and until this episode I just found her boring. Since viewing this episode, I dislike her. She claims she felt unsafe then says the guy was fine and Kenya provoked him and had issues with the word aggressive. SHUT UP KIM. I'm going to be pissed when they all go on vacation together and Kim is the only one who can bring her husband. Granted, Peter is likely too busy and I doubt Kandi and Todd will go on the vacation but to my understanding, they aren't allowed to bring their husbands (some exceptions for some trips) and rumor has it that Kim wouldn't go unless she could bring her husband. They should have voided her contract.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 1

I seem to remember Christy of the Miami Ho wives, messing around with her step-son, which helped cause the demise of her marriage.  Wasn't she married to Glenn Robinson, the NBA player?  It wasn't talked about much, but I remember it was mentioned somewhere.  Same punk kid screwing his step-mom that was such an ass to Kandi and Kenya?  Lovely bunch.

• Love 2

One of the ironies of Phaedra invoking BLM in her talk with Sheree is that one of the concerns is that there's no justification or provocation for police shooting folks (especially for things that were not even crimes or, at worst, would have been a fine or misdemeanor). Yet, Phaedra nem can, in the same breath, turn around and say that Kenya "provoked" Glen. Huh? How, Sway?

Well, you know, Kenya's hated, soooo... Naw, try again.

• Love 10

Kenya's haters give her a parade? She barely gets the benefit of the doubt! You'd think she was Hitler rather than paid entertainment.

I get the "boy who cried wolf" and historical pattern of behavior thing. I do. The problem I have with Kim's words is that she experienced firsthand, TRULY unprovoked aggressive behavior and cussing toward Kandi, who was just sitting there. Kim even commented on it. She also claimed fearing for her safety as a reason to leave. It wasn't the other women who caused this, it wasn't Oliver, it was Glen, the one whose behavior she had observed and taken note of before anything went wrong. That's why her reaction is so problematic for me. Although wrong in their reactions, at least Phaedra and Sheree et al did not have the benefit of seeing his disrespectful, borderline threatening attitude as a point of reference. She deliberately chose to ignore those things in favor of jumping on the Kenya is wrong bandwagon.

They actually did have that benefit; when they were in the pool, he was ranting about nobody talking shit about his aunt, and they all looked a bit taken aback and Phakedra pulled a face ... but of course, since it seemed mainly directed towards Kenya it didn't count as a red flag for them all, as she apparently deserves horrible things at the hands of anyone who wants to treat her like shit, even if they've just met her. /Sarcasm alert

Kim has been in Hollywood a loong, long time. She's no neophyte and she's not shook by Kenya in the least. If she lives and works in entertainment in Atlanta and had not the slightest idea of what this show was about before signing, I'll eat my hat. That man over there in the top hat? Center ring, holding that contract where you sold your IRS-owing sold to the Bravo devils for at least one season? That would be Andy Cohen. Welcome to the Dollhouse.

• Love 8

Yes Kenya provoked with her finger snapping and skirt flapping which set the guy off, but it doesn't matter. No one gets to react like that. Phaedra and Sheree shouldn't discount others feelings because they don't feel the same. And to say that they are more sensitive because they are moms of black boys is just straight up wrong.  Bad, aggressive behavior is unacceptable is wrong for anyone. 

I thought Kenya did a really good job at keeping it light after his first  "you're not going to just snap at me" response.  She made a point not to shit stir.  Instead of getting angry she laughed and said 'Oh you're spicy' and immediately deescalated the situation.  Just imagine had Glen snapped at early seasons Nene or Who Gonna Check Me Boo Sheree, like that.   Both would have probably gone in on him immediately.  The second time he snapped at Kenya, she again laughed it off, as to not antagonize him.  But she had taken note, and went and talked to Kandi/Kym/Tammy and decided to put him out.  

I was going to give a pass to Sheree and Phaedra, since they didn't see everything that Glen had done and said.  But after the fact, they had to go and compare Glen to Mike Brown...and comparing Kenya to a white lady clutching her purse....and was done.  

• Love 15

Lots of great replies here. As a white woman, I was offended by Phaedra. I don't care what race a man is, if he acts like Glen did at the house, he needs to leave because his violent side emerged. He's lucky he wasn't pouncing at a woman with no security but armed with a gun -- because he may have ended up dead....black, white, red or green.

• Love 14
It's possible that Kenya thought bringing Security into it would make things worse and Security was a last ditch thing.  I know I would.  If Glen was Tammy's husband, should she have called Security first?  Or wouldn't you ask your friend to get her husband in check?  Nobody appeared to call Security at that pajama party and Brandon ended up with a bruised or broken rib from Apollo. 

I wasn't there but I can buy that Kenya didn't truly feel threatened until Glen shoved Tammy and rushed her.  I think she just didn't like him and was getting bad vibes and probably didn't like how he treated Kandi.   Before Security got called, she may very well have wanted to make sure he did leave.  It's not like Kenya was pulling Season 1 (or Season 2?) Who's-Gonna-Check-Me-,Boo-Sheree and getting all up in his face and screeching "Eat me" like Sheree did.  That still wouldn't warrant any pushing or shoving but from what we were shown, Kenya was being courteous and polite. 

As I've said, I'm no Kenya apologist but I don't see that she did anything wrong here.  At all.[/quo

IMO, she should have allowed Tammy, who she asked in the first place, to get him out of the house but she didn't. If she thought Tammy couldn't do it alone, then ask Security to help her out and stay away from it. AGAIN I do believe that Kenya was right to want him gone, I just think she handled it in the wrong way. AGREE TO DISAGREE

Right??? That was a bit much for the FIRST question of "never have I ever." Damn, y'all! You know this is on TV, right? I've done some freaky shit but I'm not willing to have it locked in on video for posterity.

I enjoy Kenya, and like that she is there and owns earning her dollars for her fakeness wrt her "role" on RHOA, unlike Phaedra or NeNe (my god that accent! I hope it doesn't reappear when she does). She doesn't try to hide as much behind a shroud of "authenticity" of a good southern belle or keeping it real hood sista; she is her character and we have ZERO information on her personal life to counteract the bullshit. However, I do like a good call out/challenge, which the other ladies (minus Kandi from time to time) only seem to have the gumption to do in their talking heads or behind her back. I appreciate Kim in that respect. She is able to bring it on a savvier level than basic "huzzbin" and tired shade. Keeps Kenya on her toes.

There is no "but." Kenya is in HER home (for the time being), at HER job. She has no need to run away and hide from some trifling ass thug. This is the same reasoning that says women should hush up and leave a violent man alone or not wear a miniskirt to avoid rapists. In addition, why would one think Tammy needed security to evict Glen? What need would they have to step back and allow that to happen? If Kenya would've called security from the pool area, then she would've been called a drama starter. By asking, she allowed Tammy the opportunity to escort him from the property. A reasonable, nonviolent person might have an attitude, but not require security to get them out if their relative asked them. Why would she hide in her room and wait for security to take someone out? Why should she NEED to? None of us should feel we have to scurry and seek safety at our jobs or homes, else be blamed for another's actions. This is the epitome of rape culture. In addition, we don't know the timeline, or what else was said. We have no idea of a motivation of "camera time"  or drama, especially with Kandi, who is known to be a straight shooter, backing up the story of Glen's ugly behavior.

Actually, that house was "home" to both Kenya and Porsha, it was a joint hostess trip. that said, putting yourself and guests in harms way is stupid IMO. If Kenya was THAT alarmed by Glen's aggressive behavior, alarmed enough to want him out of the house she should have had SECURITY escort him out. It isn't as if she hasn't used that threat before with the women but she doesn't actually use it when a guy acts aggressive? RIGHT!!!! That makes no sense to me, none. And going into a different room allowing security to handle it is NOT hiding, it is smart thinking, unless of course you want to risk things getting worse.........and they DID get worse, the fool, Glen, got physical. And ,NO, Kenya did not make him do anything. She just didn't handle the situation well at all on HER end. JMO

Where did you get the idea that I think women shouldn't wear shorts skirts/dresses or allow a man to threaten them? WHERE? Please, don't try and make it seem I said/meant something other than what I said/posted!

• Love 3

Phaedra is saying that she feels bad because her and Sheree have sons and any one of them could end up like Michael Brown. So does that mean Miss Parks, as a sworn officer of the court, is going to raise her boys to rob a store, say to a police officer "The fuck you say to me?" and attempt to take a cop's gun? Then by all means they should end up like Mr. Brown. Shut up Phaedra.

Seriously, Phaedra needs better role models for her sons.

Kim, Kim, Kim --- what a load of crap she told her husband. She sat right there and saw Glen's aggression towards Kandi and agreed with not only Kandi, but Kenya when she expressed concern. I do not like her. How about the most famous get the best room -- blech. And judging by what she's hiding under her hideous clothes, part of me feels her pearl clutching over bikinis is the fact she can't wear one. She has ruined any good feelings I had for her this episode.

ETA: I just don't know what race had to do with anything in this episode. No woman needs to be disrespected and threatened...by anyone....race or gender.

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 15

The problem with the argument represented by Kim and a number of posts on this board is that it inherently ascribes responsibility to Kenya for the behavior of a demonstrably aggressive, violent, and unreasonable misogynist. So . . . Kenya has a history, exemplified most wholly by her efforts to eject Shamea from a party that she was hosting, of requesting that adversaries to be removed from the premises. Kim and the viewers directly witnessed Glen's general behavior and conduct toward Kandi; it could not be clearer that he did not represent some benign and vacuous disruption like Porsha's girlfriends. So the foundation that this episode was part and parcel of Kenya's melodramatic tendencies was obviously untrue from jump. After that, the idea appears to be that Kenya should have enlisted Tammy to commandeer the situation despite the fact that Tammy did, in fact, drunkenly interject herself into the melee and ended up in the hospital for all of her effectiveness. Tammy and Glen proved that he was willing to deploy violence against any female party, established relation or no. And Kenya did resort to security when the six-foot-something, two-hundred-pound man began advancing menacingly on her. So the criticism here makes no sense; Kenya evidently will be "wrong" irrespective of what she does/whom she asks for help and there will always be quibbles about "if she was *that* scared, why didn't she (insert alternative)". Because I'm not sure what the accepted threshold or level of abject terror is these days vis-a-vis a physically imposing and mentally imbalanced threat. Kim's account was pure selective revisionism and moral/situational convenience. One might as well conjecture, "well, if Kim was *that* concerned about her own welfare, why did she wait until the imbroglio had been dispersed before tucking tail and running?" The "poke a bear" predicate is indeed analogous to contending that a rape victim shouldn't have incited their attacker by donning sexually revealing clothing or wondering what, exactly, Phaedra was doing with a camera crew in her own garage when Apollo was on the lam because, well, why would she potentially create an environment that would elevate his stress and therefore shorten his proverbial fuse? All transpose accountability for illogical, irrational violence to the object of that violence for nominal "provocations."

• Love 12

We got the benefit of editing though. We got to see all of Glen's psychosis one after the other. Kim just saw him act up with Kandi, then go away.  She probably thought he was someone who overreacted generally but could be calmed down or ignored so there was no escalation. And to her eyes,  what happened, Glen went over to Kenya and suddenly there's cursing and a kick out.

Kenya wasn't wrong, but I'm not shocked those who only saw parts and pieces thought she was being dramatic.

Lots of great replies here. As a white woman, I was offended by Phaedra. I don't care what race a man is, if he acts like Glen did at the house, he needs to leave because his violent side emerged. He's lucky he wasn't pouncing at a woman with no security but armed with a gun -- because he may have ended up dead....black, white, red or green.

You shouldn't be. White women had nothing to do with THIS situation, but white people's nervousness(especially white women's) has been part of the cause of a lot of violence towards blacks.  It's not something Phaedra made up, it's just something that she incorrectly applied to crazy ass Glen.

• Love 11

That guy was making me uncomfortable with the snap comment and when he was getting aggressive with Kandi, it was scary. I don't know what Kenya did that they objected to but I object to most things Kenya. But he did have to go. I guess it was the way she had him leave that they have issue with here.

I seriously dislike Kenya but does anyone else think that she has a target on her back this season? It seems she's being taken down a bit. Maybe she's even being taken out as she's gotten too pompous. Maybe Nene wants back in and she won't come unless they dump Kenya. I don't know but I do see her having fewer allies by the day. Kandi just says what she thinks so she isn't as much defending her but saying what she saw and felt. But I think the others are acting "nice" and then going after her to some extent. I don't mind but it seems that way to me.

I do like Kim telling her what the story is, no matter what Kenya thinks. I like that a lot. I like that she's not entertained or charmed or scared or even interested. I REALLY like that. She's not that interesting in general but I love the way she doesn't deal with Kenya's crap. And Kenya wants her help in getting a real acting career. It's fun to watch her stymied like that. 

I just don't like Kenya. But she was right to have that guy removed. I guess it's just her overall behavior that's coming back to haunt her.

Edited by Roxy
  • Love 4