Type keyword(s) to search

Best Bios

Blergh
  • Start Topic

What are our fave bios/autobios? How candid are the authors re their subjects' lives or families?Are the stories related honestly but without wallowing ? Do the bios cover as much of the subjects' chronological lives as possible? Can even bios admitting terrible deeds and tudes still be edifying re their subject matter? Here's the thread to discuss it.

OK, I have quite a few I've read down the years of celebrities, politicians, etc.

I'll start the ball rolling by the duo bios of Loretta Lynn "Coal Miner's Daughter" and "Still Woman Enough".  While it's been revealed in recent years that she fudged her age for many years that in itself took nothing away from her accounts re of her many struggles and triumphs down the decades from her early childhood onwards and she didn't shy away from describing how she coped with such challenges as her husband's chronic alcoholism and infidelity to say nothing of her heartache and regrets re her elder son's sudden death and how it impacted the entire family for years onward.  In short Mrs. Lynn even when she made regrettable choices, she wasn't shy about admitting them for what they were rather than trying to justify or spin them and for that reason amongst others I consider her bios amongst the best.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I read Pat Benatar's bio, "Between a Heart and a Rock Place" and really enjoyed it.  Really good insights to her childhood and early musical training, how she met her song-writing partner/husband Neil Gerardo, and her struggles as a woman in the music business.    I have to compare it somewhat to Heart's bio, "Kicking and Dreaming" which while also good, one could tell that the the Wilson sisters' use of alcohol and drugs tended to blur their memories a bit more, while Benatar, who stayed sober throughout, was much clearer.

• Love 4

A few months ago I read Wild Tales: A Rock and Roll Life by Graham Nash.  It was very interesting (altho' the constant sexual activities of David Crosby were getting sickening to read...wish he'd left them out). I didn't realize he wrote Marrakesh Express, Carousel, and other songs while with the Hollies.

Hanahope, I agree re Pat Banatar. Also, a plus on her bio that the Wilson sisters lacked- being willing to own her past mistakes rather than constantly do the 'not our fault that we did such and such. .' deal.

I loved Belushi A Biography by Tanner Colby. It was my first time reading an oral biography, and it was fascinating to read all these different points of view from John Belushi's family and friends. It really brought him to life as a human being: a flawed, complex, yet ultimately lovable person. It made me really sad that things ended the way they did.

I also recommend I Must Say by Martin Short. Reading about how he dealt with his wife's cancer was heartbreaking, but I finished the book feeling a great amount of respect for him, especially in the part where he talked about how he handled Kathy Lee Gifford's infamous mistake where she asked about his marriage not knowing that his wife passed away. I admired the classiness of his response.

For pure readability, there's OJ Simpson's book (If) I Did It: Confessions of the Killer (originally titled OJ Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened). I'd never before read something written by a total sociopath. Wow. Nothing (and I mean NOTHING) is his fault, except for stuff like "I loved her too much" or "I was too trusting" or whatever. He paints his deceased ex-wife Nicole as a demanding bipolar harridan and himself as a complete saint who was just pushed too far and forced to stab her and Ron Goldman to death.

And if you want to purchase it, keep in mind that the Goldman family, not OJ, gets the money; Ron's father Fred Goldman sued OJ right before the book was about to be released under its original title, and after a convoluted set of legal proceedings, the Goldmans were awarded all rights to the book by a bankruptcy court.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS

Robert K. Massie's biography of Peter the Great is one of my favourites.  Like the best biographies of major figures, it really functions as a fascinating history of the whole period -- in this case, late 17th/early 18th century Russia, and Russia's emergence as a major European power.

Robert K. Massie's biography of Peter the Great is one of my favourites. Like the best biographies of major figures, it really functions as a fascinating history of the whole period -- in this case, late 17th/early 18th century Russia, and Russia's emergence as a major European power.

I'm currently reading his "Catherine the Great."

For pure readability, there's OJ Simpson's book (If) I Did It: Confessions of the Killer (originally titled OJ Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened). I'd never before read something written by a total sociopath. Wow. Nothing (and I mean NOTHING) is his fault, except for stuff like "I loved her too much" or "I was too trusting" or whatever. He paints his deceased ex-wife Nicole as a demanding bipolar harridan and himself as a complete saint who was just pushed too far and forced to stab her and Ron Goldman to death.

And if you want to purchase it, keep in mind that the Goldman family, not OJ, gets the money; Ron's father Fred Goldman sued OJ right before the book was about to be released under its original title, and after a convoluted set of legal proceedings, the Goldmans were awarded all rights to the book by a bankruptcy court.

I read the book many years ago and recently listened to the audio version.  The narrator did a spectacular job of sounding very much like Simpson, which made it all the creepier.  Most definitely a disturbing book to read.

I am reading "Fireball: Carole Lombard and the Mystery of Flight 3" by Robert Matzen now.  As a classic Hollywood junkie, it was definitely up my alley.  I'm surprised at how emotional I've gotten reading it, knowing the obvious outcome.   I do appreciate that Lombard's natural comedic talents are not bypassed here, but neither is she made out to be a saint.  So far, it's well worth the read.

• Love 1

My favorite celeb bio ever is "Natasha" by Suzanne Finstad. It's a great book, and it made me fall in love with Natalie Wood. (In a gay fan boy kind of way.) Just...wow, 1950's Hollywood Glamor all the way.

A close second is "Confessions of A Prairie Bitch" by Alison Arngrim, which examines her abusive childhood and how acting as T.V.'s most evil kid ever gave her a pretty great vent, as well as some stability that she sorely lacked at home. She never really bitches at her parents, though they both kind of came off as typical flakey parents who were mostly hands-off with their kids because they were too busy with their own lives. She focuses most of her furor (rightly) at her pedophile brother who's only remorse seems to be that he couldn't keep molesting her as she got old enough to fight back.

"Star" by Peter Riskell, which charts Warren Beatty's rise to fame, was also pretty awesome. There's a good amount of dirt, and it really does seem like Warren Beatty pissed off every single person he ever worked with.

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:36 AM, methodwriter85 said:

A close second is "Confessions of A Prairie Bitch" by Alison Arngrim, which examines her abusive childhood and how acting as T.V.'s most evil kid ever gave her a pretty great vent, as well as some stability that she sorely lacked at home. She never really bitches at her parents, though they both kind of came off as typical flakey parents who were mostly hands-off with their kids because they were too busy with their own lives. She focuses most of her furor (rightly) at her pedophile brother who's only remorse seems to be that he couldn't keep molesting her as she got old enough to fight back.

That actually sounds like a good read.  I heard that she really goes off on Melissa Sue Anderson, though?  Is that true?  Because if so I don't really want to read it.  I don't need to get involved in other people's pettiness, especially people I don't actually know.

On 3/22/2017 at 11:36 PM, methodwriter85 said:

"Prairie Bitch" made me respect, admire and flat out love Alison Arngrim.  She is absolutely hilarious and really dealt with a horrific home life, while appearing on a major tv show as a thoroughly disliked character.  She's nothing like Nellie and I enjoyed that she and Melissa Gilbert were good friends who seemed to get a kick out of playing frenemies on the show and that she and Steve Tracy (who played Percival) had a very deep and genuine affection for one another.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, Katy M said:

That actually sounds like a good read.  I heard that she really goes off on Melissa Sue Anderson, though?  Is that true?  Because if so I don't really want to read it.  I don't need to get involved in other people's pettiness, especially people I don't actually know.

Yes, it's true.  I quite liked Alison Arngrim's book--as far as celebrity memoirs go, hers is one of the more interesting.  Still, I was pretty amazed at the candor she used when talking about Melissa Sue Anderson (contrast that with how Neil Patrick Harris talked about Anne Heche-- "she was absolutely crazy, but you know, she's a nice person....")  

Of course, everything that Arngrim said about Anderson seems to be echoed by other LHOTP cast members.....

44 minutes ago, OtterMommy said:

Yes, it's true.  I quite liked Alison Arngrim's book--as far as celebrity memoirs go, hers is one of the more interesting.  Still, I was pretty amazed at the candor she used when talking about Melissa Sue Anderson (contrast that with how Neil Patrick Harris talked about Anne Heche-- "she was absolutely crazy, but you know, she's a nice person....")  

Of course, everything that Arngrim said about Anderson seems to be echoed by other LHOTP cast members.....

I know this isn't really the place, but just feel like I have to say it for some reason.   Other people who have worked with MSA have said nice things about her.  And, I kind of feel like she was the unpopular kid in school for whatever reason.  I think she was shy and I heard she was having a rough time at home (although it appears AA was as well, but everybody handles things differently).  Anyway, everybody in school hated me, too, and I was NOT a mean person, so, I just don't want to read about what could have very well been a clique/gang up kind of thing.  Or, she could have been evil incarnate for all I know.

• Love 2
On 5/25/2017 at 5:51 PM, Katy M said:

I know this isn't really the place, but just feel like I have to say it for some reason.   Other people who have worked with MSA have said nice things about her.  And, I kind of feel like she was the unpopular kid in school for whatever reason.  I think she was shy and I heard she was having a rough time at home (although it appears AA was as well, but everybody handles things differently).  Anyway, everybody in school hated me, too, and I was NOT a mean person, so, I just don't want to read about what could have very well been a clique/gang up kind of thing.  Or, she could have been evil incarnate for all I know.

It's been years since I read the book, but Alison didn't go off on Melissa Sue; just wrote about what she observed. I think Alison felt sorry for Melissa Sue as well as put off by her behavior towards the others. I don't think anybody ganged up on Melissa Sue or wanted to leave her out, but felt she wanted nothing to do with them so they kept their distance. There was one story about a bunch of girls going to a birthday party and Melissa Sue was having fun and fun to be around.......until her mother showed up and she shut down again. So there's a hint of that.

• Love 3

I read Miss Arngrim's autobio and while I can't say it's my fave ever, it was entertaining, provocative and intriguing enough for me to read it at a single sitting (even the parts not about LHOTP) . If anything, I think she was a bit too forgiving of her parents for blinding themselves re what was going on with her brother so they wouldn't have to deal with it. I mean, as far as I can tell, at NO point did either of them ever utter the words 'how COULD you' to him not just for the horrific ordeals he put Miss Arngrim herself through but for all the turmoil and even abuse he'd put THEM through.

As for how she dealt with Miss Anderson? I could be wrong but it seemed as though she was eager to shrug off Miss Gilbert's insults, pranks,etc. as just part of the package re a puckish person  she liked while Miss Arngrim seemed to approach Miss Anderson as someone to be civil to when necessary but to avoid when possible and seemed more sensitive to the few recorded deliberate  slights Miss Anderson made. Yes, I did get the sense that Miss Arngrim attempted to extend a belated olive branch to Miss Anderson  even hinting that she believed that Miss Anderson may herself have not had idyllic upbringing. However; I'm not sure there's been more than the most formal, cordial responses either way since then.  Regardless, how Miss Arngrim deals with either of her onetime colleagues is entirely her call and  I think we should respect that.

One sour note re the book itself was that it didn't mention the existence of her current husband's daughter- at all.

@Conotocarious, I wanted to recommend another bio to you but didn't want to go too OT on the Jeopardy forum so am bringing my comment here. I recommend Having Our Say by the Delaney Sisters. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/792938.Having_Our_Say

It's a quick, easy read but very insightful and charming and I wish I could have met these two delightful, feisty ladies when they were still alive! When I mention it to folks, no one seems to have heard of it, which is sad. I hope you can work it into your "to read" list!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

@Conotocarious, I wanted to recommend another bio to you but didn't want to go too OT on the Jeopardy forum so am bringing my comment here. I recommend Having Our Say by the Delaney Sisters. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/792938.Having_Our_Say

It's a quick, easy read but very insightful and charming and I wish I could have met these two delightful, feisty ladies when they were still alive! When I mention it to folks, no one seems to have heard of it, which is sad. I hope you can work it into your "to read" list!

Added for sure. Thanks!

17 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

I've read it AND saw the stage play based upon it!  It doesn't flinch at the shadow sides of US by any means, but it also brings to light some intriguing aspects one wouldn't have thought of. Also, it was interesting to hear their POVs re being dedicated family matriarchs who had nonetheless individually decided to embrace making their ways in the world on their own without being beholden to anyone and to stay single and childless  themselves!  One of the most poignant accounts was the 'fiesty' one telling about a favorite sickly nephew who didn't survive childhood  but whose life touched her so that for the rest of her impressively  long  life she'd sleep under his very own blanket.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

I've read it, and even have a real copy of it on my bookshelf!  Excellent bio.

• Love 1

@Browncoat, I have a real copy, too, and re-read it every couple of years. My BFF gifted it to me for Christmas 1993 and I love having her inscription in it. In addition to the accounts that @Blergh mentions, I love how Mr Miliam, their white maternal grandpa, was so devoted to their grandma (and she was beautiful and he was...interesting), how the feisty sister was the second woman in NY to be a dentist, how their mom was so thrifty and insightful to serve bread crumbs with milk (way before cereal), and again as @Blergh mentioned, how they didn't feel pressured to get married and have kids and made their own way. There are just too many interesting, and often infuriating stories, to recount. This should be a must read in high schools, IMHO. Education was stressed throughout their lives and the book. I wish every child could soak up and follow their wise words. I'm so glad to see that other posters enjoy this bio!! 

• Love 1

"Home" by Julie Andrews was a really good read. I loved the pacing & I loved that it felt like she was telling me stories about her life not just listing events as she remembered them. I'm looking forward to the sequel "Home Work" coming out this October. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Dancingjaneway said:

"Home" by Julie Andrews was a really good read. I loved the pacing & I loved that it felt like she was telling me stories about her life not just listing events as she remembered them. I'm looking forward to the sequel "Home Work" coming out this October. 

I agree! Miss Andrews (born Wells) was a most engaging story in the first half of the bio re not just telling her life events but letting the reader along with how she felt about them at the time (and in retrospect) with whatever insights she may have learned in the interim. Oh, and I thought it somewhat apt that she ended it

Spoiler

with her onboard the transatlantic flight to Los Angeles with her then-husband Tony Walton and their infant daughter Emma on their way for Miss Andrews to start filming Mary Poppins which would propel her to  worldwide superstardom in ways she'd have never imagined (but her then still-happy marriage wouldn't survive much longer). None of them could have thoroughly predicted those outcomes as they were enjoying their time together as a family getting ready for the latest adventure in their lives. 

Regardless it does make sense that she may  view  her life in two halves with Mary Poppins splitting it down the middle. 

• Love 1

I read that! It's fabulous even if half of it is total fiction. The writer doesn't claim it's all true, so you can believe as much or as little as you want.

Edie, the oral biography of Edie Sedgwick, is fascinating. I bought it during a finals week in college, and I had to bargain with myself to study so I wouldn't spend all my times reading the book. I finally said screw it and stayed up until 3 a.m. to finish it. Worth it. Such a sad tale of a highly dysfunctional family. So many of the Sedgwicks had mental illnesses that weren't properly treated. (Yes, Kyra Sedgwick is a member of the clan.)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I read that! It's fabulous even if half of it is total fiction. The writer doesn't claim it's all true, so you can believe as much or as little as you want.

Edie, the oral biography of Edie Sedgwick, is fascinating. I bought it during a finals week in college, and I had to bargain with myself to study so I wouldn't spend all my times reading the book. I finally said screw it and stayed up until 3 a.m. to finish it. Worth it. Such a sad tale of a highly dysfunctional family. So many of the Sedgwicks had mental illnesses that weren't properly treated. (Yes, Kyra Sedgwick is a member of the clan.)

If what they said is true, no wonder Pagey was sick all the time. His entire diet consisted of French fries, ketchup and heroin.

I've read and enjoyed The Autobiography of Agatha Christie several times. She was very candid and overall it's just a fascinating read. (Of course she completely ignores that week of her disappearance, but other than that she's pretty open. Although imo, her second husband was probably a bit of a gold digger, though I don't think she ever let herself acknowledge that.)

• Useful 2
9 hours ago, Starleigh said:

I've read and enjoyed The Autobiography of Agatha Christie several times. She was very candid and overall it's just a fascinating read. (Of course she completely ignores that week of her disappearance, but other than that she's pretty open. Although imo, her second husband was probably a bit of a gold digger, though I don't think she ever let herself acknowledge that.)

I think it's safe to say that Mrs. Christie shared with the readers what she herself would have liked to have believed how her life had been lived. Thus,  if she omitted the Disappearance and her 2nd spouse's probable gold-digging, it's likely that she herself didn't want to admit having experienced those parts of her life- even to herself! 

• Love 2

Offhand, one of my favorites of this genre is Alice Cooper's Golf Monster. Not only was it comprehensive, it was hilarious. He is self a deprecating with a twisted (in a good way) sense of humor. My favorite anecdote was the first time he met Liberace. I couldn't stop laughing! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 2
On 8/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, dubbel zout said:

An excellent biography.  One of, if not the first, adult biographies I ever read, the paperback version, back in the 80's. I couldn't put it down.  I instantly felt cool and hip after reading it!  Jean Stein artfully strung together all these anecdotes, remembrances and recollections.  Juicy!

• Love 2

The discussion about the book by Prince Harry, The Spare, got me thinking about other autobiographies.  I used to read and re-read Karen and With Love From Karen by Marie Killilea and accepted them as gospel truth.  Reading a bit more about the family of course this isn't actually the case at all.  I don't think there are any hidden scandals but the family had their issues as most families do.  It made me wish, in some ways, that a biography would come out that tells the real story warts and all.  Yet, in some ways I want to hang onto the positive story that Marie Killilea shared with the world.  

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 1

I'm not familier with Marie Killilea, but I have sort of a love-hate relationship with memoirs.  Maybe that is not the best way to say it, but I don't think you can beat a well-done memoir.  Unfortunately, there is a specific downfall that is very common in memoirs that, no matter how wonderful the rest of the book is, it will reuin the story for me, and it is this:

There is a trap where memoirists become, for lack of a better term, the heroes of their own stories.  I mean, yeah, I guess they are the heroes, but I also think that they need to be able to recognize their own faults and take responsibility for their own actioms.  Too often, memoirs are all about what others did to the subject and all their hardships, but there is no acknowledgments that maybe, once in a while, they may have made an unwise choice.  Or maybe they did something they regreat.

A recent example for me is In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park.  I get that life in North Korea is not great and that this woman faced some bad situations.  But she was always *perfect*.  Everything was everyone else's fault.  Heck...

Spoiler

When she claims she was sex trafficked, she said that her captors fell in love with her!

What there is not in this book is ever a moment of, "I wish I hadn't done that" or "I didn't understand when I..." or anything like that.

I can't go too far into Spare, because I have yet to listen to it (and, honestly, it is not a priority for me right now), but a friend of mine who is reading it does say that Harry frequently falls into this trap.

16 hours ago, Razzberry said:

Hamilton, by Ron Chernow.  Fantastic writer.  I think I've since read everything he's written, even the early stuff, but you never forget your first.

Chernow is great. I think Grant might be my favorite of his works. I also love David McCullough's John Adams.

• Like 1
On 1/12/2023 at 6:35 PM, OtterMommy said:

There is a trap where memoirists become, for lack of a better term, the heroes of their own stories.  I mean, yeah, I guess they are the heroes, but I also think that they need to be able to recognize their own faults and take responsibility for their own actioms.  Too often, memoirs are all about what others did to the subject and all their hardships, but there is no acknowledgments that maybe, once in a while, they may have made an unwise choice.  Or maybe they did something they regreat.

That's the difference between a good memoir and a bad memoir, right?  I also need to see the writer turn in their victim card and take responsibility for their own bad choices (where applicable, I'm not talking about stories of abuse or violence where the only who plays a part is the perpetrator).  A memoir for me has to be a journey for the writer, a specific period of time and circumstance (getting sober, jail, illness, divorce) followed by the spiritual and emotional changes the writer goes through, not changes of circumstance.  Some of my favorite memoirs had these kind of journeys where the writer is a new person at the end of the experience, like Mary Karr's Lit, Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking and Maya Angelou's I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

That's the difference between a good memoir and a bad memoir, right?  I also need to see the writer turn in their victim card and take responsibility for their own bad choices (where applicable, I'm not talking about stories of abuse or violence where the only who plays a part is the perpetrator).  A memoir for me has to be a journey for the writer, a specific period of time and circumstance (getting sober, jail, illness, divorce) followed by the spiritual and emotional changes the writer goes through, not changes of circumstance.  Some of my favorite memoirs had these kind of journeys where the writer is a new person at the end of the experience, like Mary Karr's Lit, Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking and Maya Angelou's I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings.

I also think what makes a memoir good or bad is timing.  Some events need to be written about immediately like the Didion one, others need to percolate for a bit before writing and publishing.  I know many people loved Tara Westover's Educated, but I could not shake the idea of "too soon" with the way Westover talked about some of her family members (not her parents or that one older brother) and maybe the manuscript would have benefitted from being shelved for a couple of more years and then revisited.    

5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Joan Didion's The Year of Magical Thinking

Wonderful memoir.  Probably one of the best I have ever read.

39 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I also think what makes a memoir good or bad is timing. 

Timing on the part of the memoir being released but also timing on the part of the person doing the reading.  For me I read the Joan Didion title shortly after I lost my sister.  Even if I hadn't liked the style of writing (and I did) the way she conveyed what she went through really spoke to me at that time in my life.

• Love 3

Mary Karr! I think The Liar's Club might have been the first memoir I ever read and it's brilliant. So raw and so unflinching and so unexpectedly funny and and touching, too. I also enjoyed Cherry and Lit.

Regarding the memoirist-being-the-hero-of-their-story issue, I believe it was Karr who said (paraphrasing), "If someone's being an asshole in my books, it's probably me."

• LOL 1

I'm curious how others who read and more importantly, enjoy reading memoirs feel about it when a memoir is criticized because, in the words of my daughter "it's too soon for them to be looking back on their life".  She was voicing this about Prince Harry's Spare but it could be applied to any number of memoirs.  I get that for many people a memoir is meant to be a "looking back on a life well lived" or not so well lived depending on the content!  But if I limited my reading of memoirs only to those penned by golden agers I'd be reading a lot less memoirs.  

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I'm curious how others who read and more importantly, enjoy reading memoirs feel about it when a memoir is criticized because, in the words of my daughter "it's too soon for them to be looking back on their life".  She was voicing this about Prince Harry's Spare but it could be applied to any number of memoirs.  I get that for many people a memoir is meant to be a "looking back on a life well lived" or not so well lived depending on the content!  But if I limited my reading of memoirs only to those penned by golden agers I'd be reading a lot less memoirs.  

Nobody knows how long they'e going to live.  Harry coud die in 3 weeks.  If he lives to be 100, he can write another one or two later.  I think Michael J Fox has written 3.

• Like 4

For me, I think whether or not it is “too soon” to write an autobiography depends on the person writing it.  For instance, Simone Biles making an Olympic team and winning world championships or Tom Brady retiring (for real) from football - it makes sense for them to write their autobiography “young” because they are probably basing their book on how they achieved their goal in life.  Maybe if Simone goes on to become a Congresswoman or Tom goes on to coach in the NFL then there I might think they wrote their book too early.  But writing a book after your first movie (record, invention, etc.) seems kind of premature, unless you don’t plan on doing bigger and better things.

If Prince Harry wrote his book solely about his military service, then I wouldn’t think it was written too soon.  But by writing a general “life story” it seems too early, imo, because it doesn’t have a logical “end”.  If he had even waited another 5 years I would feel differently.  His leaving his country/family (assuming things stayed as they are now) and having established a home, family and career in California would seem more complete with that additional time.

7 hours ago, Katy M said:

Nobody knows how long they'e going to live.  Harry coud die in 3 weeks.  If he lives to be 100, he can write another one or two later.  I think Michael J Fox has written 3.

Exactly.  There is no rule that says one to a customer!  Beverly Cleary wrote A Girl from Yamhill about her childhood and teen years and then followed it up with On My Own Two Feet which took her life up to the  point where she got her first book published.  I'd have been first in line to buy the next one by her had she chosen to write about the rest of her life - which ended up being about another 70 years!

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Love 2