Braiden Sunshine – Team Gwen –  Amazing Grace 
Jeffery Austin – Team Gwen – Believe by Cher   
Barrett Baber – Team Blake –  Ghost by Ella Henderson – Brett Barber – 
Emily Ann Roberts – Team Blake – 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton – 
Zach Seabaugh – Team Blake – The Climb by Miley Cyrus 
Amy Vachal – Team Adam – To Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan 
Jordan Smith – Team Adam – Somebody to Love by Queen 
Shelby Brown – Team Adam – Even God Must Get the Blues by Jo Dee Messina 

I like a couple of these songs but I'm a little afraid of what the person singing them is going to do to them.

But Dolly is on so that part will be good.

Big Girls Don't Cry? This is the most perplexing one of them all. It's so repetitive. Why? Could it be a mistake and she's singing the (absolutely awful) Fergie track of the same name? Bizarre.

Jordan will butcher Queen.

Looking forward to Dolly though. Woo!

You must have looked at the song list for tonight lol. 

No but I see it now!  What? What? What? 

Big Girls Don't Cry? This is the most perplexing one of them all. It's so repetitive. Why? Could it be a mistake and she's singing the (absolutely awful) Fergie track of the same name? Bizarre.

Yes, the most curious.  Either version, why?  

Edited by wings707

I'm pleased I at least I know most of these songs for a change! But hasn't Somebody to Love been done often? and recently?  But a lot of zzzzzz for sure.

I liked Braiden's song, too. Of course, it's one of my all-time favorite songs, so there's that. He looks comfortable, and like himself, finally.

Edited by SandyToes

"Zach, I'm not going to sugar coat it for you. You don't have the strongest voice left in the competition. What you do have is charisma and performance skills. You're energetic and fun, and none of the other competitors come close to matching you in that area."

"Great, so we're going to do something up-tempo and fun to make sure I show off what's special about me, right?"

"No, we're going to sing a ballad that's out of your range, and you're going to stand in one place with your guitar and try hard to look like you're not having any fun."

• Love 13

Oh my, I think I'm going to barf.  She fucked up Big Girls Don't Cry.  This might be the worst performance I've ever heard on TV. 

No really.  She took quirky and twee to new levels of fuckedupdedness.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 4

Wow I'm not sure if Madi will make the finals. Why did Pharrell let her go with that choice? She said it makes her feel happy. That was anything but happy. Sigh I really like her.Is there a twitter save tomorrow?

braiden saying he was singing Amazing Grace because America saved him. Does he even know the meaning of the song?

• Love 2

Ooh, Braiden's generally been in the bottom of the pack for downloads (not even cracking the T100 last week when almost everyone made the T10), but he's already at #9 on iTunes cuz, you know, God and stuff.

He would totally be the Vote for the Worst favorite if that site still existed.

Edited by jjjmoss
  • Love 5

Jolene would have been good but I have to say, I think Emily Ann sounded pretty good on 9 to 5.

It was a nice upbeat change from everybody else and her vocals were solid.

I don't believe it but I have to say it's the first time I liked Zach vocals. Still... I'm not putting him into the finals.Although I think America just might.

Cutting five people is really rough, don't like it ...but here are my picks

Jordan for sure,Shelby, EmilyAnn, and uuuhhh....geez...could be almost anyone..dare I say Zach. Didn't I just say I wouldn't put him through? Who knows! oh wait, I forgot about Jeffrey.... yeah... put him through instead of Zach.

Sorry Pharrell,I don't think wack job people are going to stop doing terrible things by hearing songs like Amy sang. I wish it were true though.

I wasn't feeling Gwen's Pocahontas look tonight.

I thought last week Blake said Dolly would be on tonight, but I guess it's tomorrow.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 4

Welp, I turned this on just in time to see Jordan's pimp spot intro and I'm out. Without seeing any of the performances tonight I'll go ahead and predict the final four to be Jordan, Jeffrey, Zach and Emily Ann. Maybe swapping out Zach for Braiden...

Sorry...I do NOT like Jordan. I don't like his voice, and I don't like his faux-humble smugness. He pisses me off, to put it bluntly. And no one outside of Freddie Mercury and George Michael have ever begun to do that song justice, so I wish everyone else would just step off.

That said, of course he'll be in the finals...popular song, full choir, fireworks, pimp spot...check, check, check, and check. Ugh.

• Love 14

I'm going to give Emily Ann some credit: I did not think she could manage that song, and she did.

And I had fun with Jordan and his choir. I did. I don't care how cheesy it was.

I can't see buying either of their music, past, present, and future, of course.

Everyone else? Meh.

• Love 3

Been watching on and off this season and Braiden's been my favorite from the beginning honestly. Just something about him. I loved him tonight when I came into the tv room to watch him and then found myself watching Jordan. Was never really interested in him, but both me and my parents loved his performance tonight. Still rooting for Braiden, but other than that, he and Jordan had good performances. I'm not interested in the others. 

I loved Jordan tonight and I have not said that before. This felt like a new side to him. I hate that he's going to hand Adam another win, but that was FUN. It helped that they've been getting longer performances. It was just well done all around and he's one of the few to attempt that song on a competition show to really have the pipes needed.

This was also the most I've liked Amy in a while. I really can't stomach Adam having half the top 4.

This could be a bad night for Tem Blake. Not stand out choices. This was the night to bring out Elvis Zach. There's too much at stake!

Blake was right on about Madi, she has such great command of her voice. She doesn't have the most impressive voice of them all, but she knows how to use it perfectly.

I love Jeffery's voice, but I'm beyond bored of him now. 

I'm very cynical, but I'm also a sucker for vulnerability. Braiden was out of his depth, but he seems like a really sweet kid. That said, I'll be very unhappy with this show if he advances.

• Love 1

I love Somebody to Love, and no one can do it like Freddie.  Jordan's was a nice way to close out the show, though.  Surprisingly, I liked Emily Ann.  Jeffrey, too.  But, some of the other songs were just weak.  Maddy was a disappointment. Amy was okay, and was in her element, but I didn't consider it a strong performance for her.

I can definitely see Braiden and Zach in the bottom three with maybe...Shelby.

Jordan will probably win, and I'm at peace with that, but I hate to see him give the win to Adam.  Although, this is one of the situation where, whichever judge wound up with Jordan was going to win.  Adam just lucked out. Similar to Sawyer last year.

• Love 1

I liked that Emily Ann and Jordan gave real performances. I thought it was a great way to close the show. Much better than if it had been one of the snoozers. But won't be buying either song. Not a fan of Mady's, but agree she's got a great set of pipes, and a cool sound. Can see her doing a lot of Cass Elliot stuff.

• Love 1

Well, that wasn't the most exciting episode. I think I actually did fall asleep through some of it. Anyhow my thoughts of the performance:

Jordan: totally knocked it out of the park. Great performance!

Jeff: Again good performance. Not as exciting as Jordan but good.

Amy: Her performance was kind of boring, but I like her. It was a bit slow.

Barrett: was pretty good. 

The bad:

Madi: put me to sleep (literately). I was so bored with this.

Emily: generic country girl... sums it up.

Braidan: I honestly rolled my eyes when I heard his song choice. Way to over done and he was meh with it.

Zach: Also generally meh me. And then he sang an over done song.
Shelby Brown: has been meh this whole time. She hasn't really stood out at all, and I often forget she is still in this.

Edited by blueray

Absolutely loved Jordan tonight - what a freaking awesome performance! So glad he finally did a fun, uptempo song. I wish they'd just handed him the win tonight and been done with it.

I hope Shelby and Jeffrey make the finals, and that I never have to hear Barrett sing ever again.

• Love 7

Can we just crown Jordan the winner and be done with it?  Seriously, I thought it was going to be horrible having to cut 5 people tomorrow night.  Now, I'm having a hard time voting for 4.  I was surprised to see Jeffery so early in the show until I heard him perform. Just not good.  Then before Madi performed I thought... well I guess this will probably be the final four.  But then she was not very good either.   Amy was meh.  I actually started to like her when she rearranged songs.  A song that was supposed to be in her wheelhouse just reinforced to me that I don't really care for her voice.  Just not my cup of tea.  I did really enjoy Jordan's performance.  No one really comes close to Queen but I love that song and he did it justice.  Plus it was nice to FINALLY have some fun on the show!  When I sat down to vote, I ran through all of the performances in my head and the only other person I could stand to give votes to was Shelby.  She really did do a nice job with her song and she has a lovely voice.  She's not ready to win this show but based on tonight's performances she does deserve to be in the final before quite a few others.

On to some snark- say what you will about Adam but go back and listen to his "compliments"- poor man struggles with the "find something good to say" mantra of the voice.  To Madi-  "I like your set.  Its cozy.  I'd like to visit there."  To Zach- "Everybody's good now. You're no different than anyone else."

Edited by Kcat1971
  • Love 1

Don't particularly like Jordan, although he really can sing, and if Sawyer won last year, at least someone with some versality would be winning this year with Jordan. Sawyer was so one note and boring anything's' a step up. I don't think he has a chance of winning, but, I like Jeffrey's voice and style the most.

I absolutely hate the song Amazing Grace, hate it.

• Love 2

Braiden didn't even chart in the Top 100 last week and he's at number 5 because he sang Amazing Grace?! Can we please retire the "country stars pander for religious votes rhetoric" Obviously they all do it, and frankly I don't think the country singers even do it that much. Based on Braiden's sales this week and Jordan's sales for his hymn a few weeks ago and Hallelujah (I know it's not religious but people seem to think it is) this has turned into a religious song singing competition. I already knew that Jordan was going to win this whole thing, but if Braiden makes the final just because he sang Amazing Grace I will be disappointed. Oh, and obviously Jordan was going to win this season from the beginning, but seriously how many closing slots did the show give him? I hate when the show so clearly plays favorites.

• Love 4

Braiden didn't even chart in the Top 100 last week and he's at number 5 because he sang Amazing Grace?! Can we please retire the "country stars pander for religious votes rhetoric" Obviously they all do it, and frankly I don't think the country singers even do it that much. Based on Braiden's sales this week and Jordan's sales for his hymn a few weeks ago and Hallelujah (I know it's not religious but people seem to think it is) this has turned into a religious song singing competition. I already knew that Jordan was going to win this whole thing, but if Braiden makes the final just because he sang Amazing Grace I will be disappointed. Oh, and obviously Jordan was going to win this season from the beginning, but seriously how many closing slots did the show give him? I hate when the show so clearly plays favorites.

Notable Order Placements, for whole season:

Barrett - last, last, last, last

Jordan - last, last, last, 2nd to last

Jeff - 2nd to last, last

Emily - last, 2nd to last

Zach - last

Madi, Braiden, Amy - 2nd to last

Shelby N/A

• Love 1

Loved Jordan tonight. Love him much more as a rocker than a diva. Who would've thunk it. That was probably the best song choice for any artist this season. (or even past couple of seasons)

• Love 6

Man, Jordan was incredible tonight! And the only other time I -really- loved him was on Halo.

As much as I'm annoyed that Adam is gonna win again.... tonight I'm ALL aboard the Jordan train! #hotTamale. Didn't even know he had that grit in him. So fun, and yes, it could have been a Finale closer performance. That was like Tessanne's BOTW or Matt's Blower's Daughter moment for me, all Semifinals performances heh.

• Love 2

Five are getting eliminated. We're going from 9 artists to 4.

Yes, but in stages, I think. Three saved, three at the bottom cut and then three in the middle singing for the one Twitter save.

I was hoping Barrett, Braiden and Shelby or Madi would be at the bottom, Jeffrey, Jordan and Emily Ann saved and Amy, Zach and Shelby or Madi competing for the save since each of them could deserve it (or blow it), probably much depending on song choice.

I won't be able to see it until tomorrow (so greatly appreciate the song list posted above. I'm actually looking forward to Jordan for a change and I think "9 to 5" was a good choice for Emily Ann, esp. since they did "Jolene" last season, and very well.  The rest are hard to tell  "Amazing Grace" might be a good return for Braiden to using his "pretty voice" instead of the "pretend rocker" persona, but that song is just so (1) overdone; (2)  manipulative; and (3) hard to really excel on since you know so many others would have done it better than Braiden ever will.  He's done well to get this far, but it will be sad if "AG" takes him into the finals--where he truly doesn't belong..

I was looking forward to Dolly as a coach/mentor but from comments here it doesn't seem as if she had much of a part at all. :(

• Love 1

Thanks for the placement list, wow, I thought Jordan had more final slots then Barrett, but I guess I was wrong. I really have no problem with Jordan winning, he's clearly extremely talented. I just find it boring that we have now had two seasons in a row with zero suspense regarding the eventual winner.

• Love 3

The pimp spot (again) and a full choir to back him up? Can we just admit that this show plays favorites and gives them full advantage....that they really don't need? See: Jordan this season and Sawyer last season. Both had command of ITunes and the popular vote. The show is putting them last for ratings, fearing that the favorite playing too early would cause people to tune out. Well, that philosophy makes the playing field look quite uneven. It has caused the past two seasons to be painfully predictable.

And if the Sunshine kid makes the final simply because he sang a pandering religious song, I may get stabby.

Jordan has this in the bag, which is why I can continue my philosophy of never voting for a Team Adam singer, and it won't make a fucking bit of difference. Thanks show. No suspense AGAIN. Remember the suspense of wondering if Craig Wayne Boyd could face down the Adam three man juggernaut in the finals? Wouldn't it be nice to actually have a contest again? Stop pimping the favorites. Stop giving them advantages. A full choir? Really?

They need to cut this show down to a yearly contest. Twice a year is diluting the product. The singers are getting forgettable. Even the winners...see Sawyer.

• Love 8

I was so looking forward to Jordan doing a song not as another ode to God and then out came the gospel choir. I am so sick of the religious pandering on this show. Amazing Grace was just an embarrassment. Braiden doesn't have the voice for the song and clearly had no idea what the song was even about.

I liked Amy for the first time tonight. I hated all of her jazzy rearrangements.

Barrett is horrendous and needed to go weeks ago. His sad fake tears at the end of the performance were a bridge too far.

• Love 2

The show is putting them last for ratings, fearing that the favorite playing too early would cause people to tune out. Well, that philosophy makes the playing field look quite uneven. It has caused the past two seasons to be painfully predictable.

I don't know how they decide sing order, maybe they saw the rehearsals and went from there, but can you imagine if Jordan went 1st tonight, and Braiden closes the show? That would be like being promised a 9-course meal, then they start you out with lobster and end with a plate of millets.

• Love 2