Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Celebrating Diversity

(edited)

Elena is apparently fluent in Japanese and English. I'm so jealous!! Does Cristina also speak Spanish? Does anyone know if language acquisition is a particular challenge for DS people, or is it pretty normal as long as they acquire the languages as a child (like non-DS people)?

EDIT: I hate when people ask questions they could easily Google, so I am amending my hypocrisy. Here's a good answer:

https://www.down-syndrome.org/practice/180/

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Love 9
(edited)

The love triangle is both painful and boring.  Kissing Sean twice, 400 texts and emails in 2 days, Megan is clearly leading him on.  And Sean isn't socially advanced enough to understand.  I can only take so much of it.  

Elena & John road trip, Cristina's new apartment, these are stories I enjoy.

Next week looks like a train wreck with Megan meeting the new girlfriend.  Coupled with more Rocco, it might be my first pass on the show.

Edited by PDXlulu
  • Love 9
On June 29, 2017 at 7:31 PM, Former Nun said:

I don't know why, but reading "douche" actually hurt my feelings and I am NOT a Sean fan.  He can't help himself and I hope he doesn't get himself into trouble where he's hurt physically.

Even though it wasn't my post, I feel bad that you were affected by the d****e declaration. My first reaction was, "Ooh that's a little harsh" BUT being intellectually disabled does not mean you can't purposely be a d****e. Nor does it give you a free pass to continue with that shitty behaviour.

Sean's been checked a few times on his female interactions and he doesn't want to hear it. Or he'll have a tantrum, or he'll stomp out, or he'll think it over and return, saying the right things. But then go back out and display the same behaviour.

I am not sure how it came about, but someone has given Sean the WRONG information about what relationships are for, and/or how to treat women. And he has perseverated on this knowledge ever since he learned it. He doesn't care and CAN be a d*****e in his horse-blinded quest for a physical relationship.

Stephen can also display hurtful behaviour (toned down a lot), especially in the beginning, when he felt he only wanted to date 'regular' gals. No disabilities allowed. This arrogance (however innocent)  is not an appealing characteristic and will bring him heartache. In the beginning, he too did not want to hear others' opinions/suggestions. I am glad Meghan and he had a moment, but he may just go back to his old views.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Hmm I think Steven has a right to his preference. Some 'normal' people wouldn't date disabled people either given the option. It seems unfair  but you can't change a person's preference if thats what he truly wants 

Edited by anonymousgirl
22 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Even though it wasn't my post, I feel bad that you were affected by the d****e declaration. My first reaction was, "Ooh that's a little harsh" BUT being intellectually disabled does not mean you can't purposely be a d****e. Nor does it give you a free pass to continue with that shitty behaviour.

Sean's been checked a few times on his female interactions and he doesn't want to hear it. Or he'll have a tantrum, or he'll stomp out, or he'll think it over and return, saying the right things. But then go back out and display the same behaviour.

I am not sure how it came about, but someone has given Sean the WRONG information about what relationships are for, and/or how to treat women. And he has perseverated on this knowledge ever since he learned it. He doesn't care and CAN be a d*****e in his horse-blinded quest for a physical relationship.

Stephen can also display hurtful behaviour (toned down a lot), especially in the beginning, when he felt he only wanted to date 'regular' gals. No disabilities allowed. This arrogance (however innocent)  is not an appealing characteristic and will bring him heartache. In the beginning, he too did not want to hear others' opinions/suggestions. I am glad Meghan and he had a moment, but he may just go back to his old views.  

Based on his parents' attitudes and how they excuse everything away, I think Sean would've been a dick whether or not he had DS. That's why I don't have a problem assessing his behavior as douchey. Developmental delays or not, the people on this show have displayed the ability to grow and mature (Rachel with the food stealing, Elena's histrionics) or at least be told how they're reacting isn't appropriate (Cristina's selfishness in her relationship/possessiveness) and understand what is being said. Sean's parents don't bother to tell him and if anyone does say anything to him about his behavior, he has very little inclination to accept critique. 

Sometimes we just gotta know that people are people, and certain "flaws" would be there regardless of extenuating circumstances.

• Love 6

I had to DVR the latest episode, so I just finished it. I loved seeing the way Elena has blossomed, and the friendship between her and John is so sweet...They both seem to have really grown since we first "met" them. I think Elena's difficulties were probably more emotional/mood related than DS/disability related. She's become my favorite. I love her sense of humor, I could watch her all day! I also loved her speech. So much more authentic than the rehearsed "don't limit me" speech that Megan recites.

I was so happy for Cristina, and loved seeing her family all helping her move in. I love her parents. Can't say enough good about them! I think Cristina will be very successful with their support.

I wish we would've gotten to see more Rachel, she's so sweet.

I'm not sure what to think of the Sean and Megan situation. I do think they both need to learn some boundaries. If they can't learn those boundaries then their parents need to be there to enforce boundaries for them, although it seems that both Sean and Megan are allowed to do as they please, no matter how inappropriate, and it gets laughed off...not cute.

To me, from the first episode Megan has just come off as a brat who thinks she's better than the rest of the group. I can't really blame Megan though. All her life Megan has been told she is better. She was a cheerleader, had a boyfriend for 8 years (because he wanted a girlfriend who was a cheerleader...) she graduated high school, goes to college, is going to move to California and be a film producer, she's a business owner, a public speaker...meanwhile, her actual skills are near zero. The reality is (just my opinion of course, from what I've seen) she's probably one of the lowest functioning of the group. In my opinion, her mother has done Megan NO favors by making her the poster child for "inclusion" and creating these fantasies, rather than focusing on real life stuff, and things Megan CAN do. If I were part of their circle, I would no doubt have already told Kris exactly that.

My daughter doesn't have DS, she has a developmental disability and an autistic spectrum disorder. She'd probably fit in pretty well with the Born This Way gang. If I had to say, I'd say she's very similar to Elena as far as level of functioning. She may not be a business owning public speaker, but she can handle her own spending money, she can cook a meal, take public transportation, do laundry, clean house, and she has a lot of other independent living skills that people thought she never would because we spent years doing them together over and over and over.

Our school system pushed inclusion, we were really given no choice. They knew she'd never be able to get a diploma, so their goal was to keep her with same age "peers" and being a foster child until we adopted her (she was 15) she had no real advocate. We moved to a better school system, and when nothing changed we eventually chose to withdraw her from school. I had other children at home, she was my oldest. For a while she stayed home with me. She learned daily living skills in the only way she was ever going to learn them, by living them..over and over again. When she turned 18 we found a part time day program for her. She eventually "outgrew" the program and went on to a job in a comic and card shop. She spent her days organizing thousands of cards. What would've driven most people insane was perfect for her. I wouldn't change a thing, but my decision to take her out of school didn't go over well. No one understood why we didn't want her in regular high school classes. My own mother (who has 3 neurotypical kids) actually told me I was a horrible mother and ruining my daughter's life.

That got off topic, sorry I tend to get long winded...My point with all that is, that sometimes inclusion just isn't the best option, and kids end up missing out on so many things they could learn. I think Sean and Megan are both perfect examples of that. I just imagine if as much energy had been put into teaching Megan things she could have really learned, I think she'd be in a much better place.

• Love 21

Im so confused-we saw Elenas brother in Japan---what a cutie!! Was the older british gentleman her dad???

like everyone else, since episode 1 I have loved John and Elena and their friendship--so sweet. And I have grown to love Elena!!

wish the show would show more of Rachel because she is the cutest thing!!!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

I am among those who feel that calling Sean names is hurtful and not appropriate.  I understand your points, however I think the issue is that Sean has been taught that certain behaviors are cute and acceptable.  As you point out, from what we have been shown, his parents do not correct him on this.  I am still unsure whether that is the case at all times or if they are avoiding a meltdown on camera, but either way he is getting wrong or mixed messages.  He won’t be out in social situations that typical young people are in and won’t have the learning experiences to perhaps realize his behavior is not appropriate and correct it.   I don't understand how Sean is expected to not continue certain behaviors if he has not been corrected.  Also, correcting him a few times will not change a thing, and even constant correction will not change certain behaviors.

As far as the tantrums go, they were part of life for my sister.  She could meltdown and act out on the turn of a dime.  A lifetime of correction (which was sometimes abusive) did not change it.  She also had hearing problems, so maybe the frustration is part of the equation.  

So calling someone nasty names who is at a disadvantage to recognize or change their behaviors, just seems wrong in my book.

• Love 2

In the next episode, Megan is being so messy when she introduced herself as Steven's ex it sounded like a type of claim. It was only 3 dates as far as we know? They've been friends longer than they actually dated don't get me wrong when Steven said he didn't know her he was in the wrong, but Megan really scares of any potential gf by introducing herself as such. I'm glad kris told her that she shouldn't lead Sean on just because she is hurting, that it didn't gives.her a right to hurt another. I honestly had enough of the love triangle. 

I loved Elena's and John part. Wish saw more. They need a whole episode to themselves and Rachel too. I liked how when the episode first started Elena recognized that she needed to back away from the group when she got too emotional. She must getting some therapy along with her medication. More people need to learn how to do that. It was great seeing Elena and John in Japan and bonding over the emotional stuff, it Made my heart ache for them. I loved seeing Elena in her kimono. It awesome to see her doing speeches and accepting herself as a person who has DS. You can tell she has had a lot more support recently.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Cynthia8036 said:

I had to DVR the latest episode, so I just finished it. I loved seeing the way Elena has blossomed, and the friendship between her and John is so sweet...They both seem to have really grown since we first "met" them. I think Elena's difficulties were probably more emotional/mood related than DS/disability related.

As the show got started, I didn't much care for Sean or Elena individually, but I liked their friendship from the beginning.  As we got to know them more, seeing additional aspects of their personalities, I warmed to John, but it wasn't until Elena got the medication she needs that I went from regarding her as someone with an interesting life story whose personality means I can only take her in small doses to someone truly enjoyable to watch.  So, fast forward to now, when I like them both individually - despite that fucking booty song, which I could happily go my entire life without hearing again - and their friendship is even more lovely to watch.  It's one of my favorite parts of the show.

What would have stunned me even more to have been told after episode one is how much I like Hiromi.  We've been given some good insight into her life, and she's changed just as Elena has (and the two needed to go hand in hand).  They've come so far, and it's beautiful.  What a situation she's in -- her husband is based in Japan for business, so he's only in their U.S. home, where she's based, part time.  Her mother is in her final years, and she's already lost her father and brother.  But, even though Elena lives in a group home rather than with her, she doesn't feel she can return to Japan.

Cristina delightedly plopping on her couch to watch TV that first night in her apartment just radiated that "This is mine!" feeling a young person has when they have their first place.  It was fun.  I also liked her telling her brother, "Move your butt" (to help pack up her stuff) and him saying, "I did move it, to here" as he sits in a chair in the yard. 

I liked Hiromi asking Joyce if she discusses John's future with Mr. Tucker and Joyce saying, "No, I just tell Mr. Tucker what I'm going to do."

I liked Kris telling Megan she needs to be careful with other people's hearts while her own is healing.  Otherwise, I could have happily done without that entire storyline.  Sean and his family bug the ever-loving shit out of me, and never more so when it comes to his "babe" obsession, so this is not at all up my alley.

• Love 13

Sean's mom didn't seem at all concerned about her son getting way too obsessed with Megan. She seemed to think the whole thing was simply adorable and delightful. That woman totally baffles me, to be honest. 

• Love 17

Normally, I would say that being the subject of a reality show harms more than helps people, but in Elena's case I'd say she has definitely benefited.  She spent her life not being totally accepted by her mother and having some emotional issues.  I think being on the show has given her self esteem a huge boost and she has learned to accept and even love herself.  She sees her strengths instead of her weaknesses.  Go Elena!

The rest of them had pretty strong egos before the show, so for some of them it seems to be pushing them over the top into the "I'm better than you" way of thinking.  

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, anonymousgirl said:

In the next episode, Megan is being so messy when she introduced herself as Steven's ex it sounded like a type of claim. It was only 3 dates as far as we know? They've been friends longer than they actually dated don't get me wrong when Steven said he didn't know her he was in the wrong, but Megan really scares of any potential gf by introducing herself as such. I'm glad kris told her that she shouldn't lead Sean on just because she is hurting, that it didn't gives.her a right to hurt another. I honestly had enough of the love triangle. 

I just found out that girl Stevenn was hanging out with is Lauren Potter who is connected to the KMR agency the same agency that represents the cast. is this another cooked up storyline? interestingly enough Sean dated her too.

Edited by anonymousgirl
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, anonymousgirl said:

I just found out that girl Stevenn was hanging out with is Lauren Potter who is connected to the KMR agency the same agency that represents the cast. is this another cooked up storyline? interestingly enough Sean dated her too.

I noticed that too, I've been watching Glee on Netflix (LOL don't judge) and recognized her as the actress who played Becky. I am sure her appearance on this show is more than mere coincidence, but I definitely hope she is less screechy than her character Becky ;)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, anonymousgirl said:

I read an article last year that Sean dated her for a long time. 

So I was so happy there was no Rocco this week...::sigh::: I guess the fact that we get more Rachel makes that part worth it-I just dont understand why they felt they had to add Rocco to the show.

I felt really bad for Sean last nite, at least in that moment he seemed so hurt :(

So does anyone know if that is Elenas dad who was in the show last nite??

15 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

So does anyone know if that is Elenas dad who was in the show last nite??

In Japan and NY?  Yes, that's him.  We've seen him before, too.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Bastet said:

In Japan and NY?  Yes, that's him.  We've seen him before, too.

does he live in California? I guess I must have missed it. in agreement with whoever said it was nice to learn more and see more of elenas mom--what a nice journey we have seen with them:)

• Love 1
Just now, nlkm9 said:

does he live in California?

Not full time; he's based in Japan (for business), and has an apartment there.  That's what Hiromi was talking about with wanting to move back to Japan - to have more time with him, and with her elderly mother - but not feeling able to because of Elena.  Elena lives in a group home, not in their Los Angeles home, but they spend time together and she wants to physically be there for her. 

Speaking of that, I wonder if Elena comes to their L.A. house more now that she's doing better in general.  (In an earlier season, we learned that Elena quit coming to her parents' house on weekends when they moved, because she was uncomfortable with it being a different house than the one she'd lived in.)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Not full time; he's based in Japan (for business), and has an apartment there.  That's what Hiromi was talking about with wanting to move back to Japan - to have more time with him, and with her elderly mother - but not feeling able to because of Elena.  Elena lives in a group home, not in their Los Angeles home, but they spend time together and she wants to physically be there for her. 

Speaking of that, I wonder if Elena comes to their L.A. house more now that she's doing better in general.  (In an earlier season, we learned that Elena quit coming to her parents' house on weekends when they moved, because she was uncomfortable with it being a different house than the one she'd lived in.)

Oh wow that is so wierd...I wonder why they went to the US in the first place, was it better care for Elena? That must be hard to be away from hubby and Mom...

11 hours ago, Normades said:

So calling someone nasty names who is at a disadvantage to recognize or change their behaviors, just seems wrong in my book.

Your posts are always excellent.  Not only is calling names "wrong," it's just a waste of time.  Someone can call Sean a douche to his face until kingdom come and it won't change his attitude.  He has programmed himself (with a lot of outside help) into a "ladies man," and I think (sadly) there's no turning that around.  If Steven and Sean really did move in together, I assume Steven couldn't adjust to Sean's behaviors--and Sean just can't change.  It's possible his parents have just come to the conclusion that taking it easy is their only sanity.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:30 PM, PDXlulu said:

The love triangle is both painful and boring.  Kissing Sean twice, 400 texts and emails in 2 days, Megan is clearly leading him on.  

Kris should have told her that Sean is rushing her, as she rushed Steven..
I think Angel is a nice guy, and wouldn't take advantage, but Christina is asking him to sleep in her bed with her, and hasn't she said she doesn't want sex yet?  Bundling perhaps.
The Japan trip went well, and I'm really impressed by the money A&E must have spent on it.  (Hey, I watch a lot of TLC.)

• Love 3
On 7/11/2017 at 8:30 PM, PDXlulu said:

The love triangle is both painful and boring.  Kissing Sean twice, 400 texts and emails in 2 days, Megan is clearly leading him on.  And Sean isn't socially advanced enough to understand.

Also, many of Megan's "words" may not have been spoken while she and Sean were sitting together.  There was a lot of conversation on her part where we saw only the back of her head--and nothing was moving.  This show has become too similar to other "scripted" reality shows.

• Love 2

Emmy nominations for Born This Way:

OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY FOR A REALITY PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING PICTURE EDITING FOR AN UNSTRUCTURED REALITY PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING UNSTRUCTURED REALITY PROGRAM

OUTSTANDING CASTING FOR A REALITY PROGRAM

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, Bastet said:

despite that fucking booty song, which I could happily go my entire life without hearing again -

And now, you know it in Japanese too!

Elena's father is from either New Zealand or Australia, isn't he.?Do we know if she spent and time there?

I hate the Booty song! Stop the Insanity!!

Meagan used to look more attractive or is it just me?

Poor Sean-as much as I do not like him his face just fell when she let him down.

I am glad Elena is getting help and Hiromi is loving her again. 

• Love 5

Elena's dad is from Australia.  When Elena was small, she and her mom moved to Australia near the dad's family because of the attitude towards people with disabilities in Japan.  He went back and forth from Japan to Australia during that time.  Later they moved to the U.S. (I think because it is where the dad's company is based, but I'm not sure) so now he splits his time between Japan and L.A. (with more time in Japan I'm afraid).  It looks like attitudes in Japan are changing, but these things take decades.  Hiromi is in a really tough spot.  She wants to be with her husband but wants what is best for Elena.  Hopefully the dad is nearing retirement and then they can be together.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I hate the Booty song! Stop the Insanity!!

It doesn't bother me.  It's the "Don't limit me" speech I hate. 
At least John really came up with the booty song himself, I believe.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

It doesn't bother me.  It's the "Don't limit me" speech I hate. 
At least John really came up with the booty song himself, I believe.

my thought is that Elena asked for John to be invited, there is no way there would be an international request for the booty song. but lol I love those 2--and I remmeber them saying in the very first episode they were best friends:)

• Love 7

Just watched born this way.. Wow, How inspirational. I am so happy to have found it.

Does anybody have any idea what kind of developmental disabilities  Christina's girlfriend, Angel have? He seems like a nice guy but I can tell he has a disability but can't figure out which one.

Anyone have an idea?

19 minutes ago, ihaveallmine said:

Does anybody have any idea what kind of developmental disabilities  Christina's girlfriend, Angel have? He seems like a nice guy but I can tell he has a disability but can't figure out which one.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, ihaveallmine said:

Anyone have an idea?

It was posted somewhere upthread that (per the Facebook page of someone from the show) he has a rare condition called Dubowitz Syndrome.

• Love 2

Five minutes into this Sean/Megan/Steven shit, my cat sat up and gave me a look that roughly translates to "I can't with this" and left the room.  I think I'm going to follow her.

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Five minutes into this Sean/Megan/Steven shit, my cat sat up and gave me a look that roughly translates to "I can't with this" and left the room.  I think I'm going to follow her.

I quit weeks ago. Don't miss it.  

Responding to ThinkerBell's post, lets hope Megan did not watch "A Woman Scorned, The Betty Broderick Story" either.

• Love 3

I have to admit, her being inspired by Cookie from Empire was a fun moment. But totally not appropriate because Steven didn't do anything that horribly wrong. Right gusto, wrong situation.

I wish her mom spent more time coaching her about loving herself and making her own goals that don't revolve around a boyfriend, marriage etc. 

LOVED seeing Rachel (is that the woman with the red hair?) having her first date, etc. I always enjoy her segments and watching her take these new exciting steps. 

I have to say though, it was insanely mean of Steven to say he didn't even know Megan when his date asked him. He literally said that he didn't know Megan and that she's just part of the "cast." He's such a nice guy, and you can tell he really thinks and considers how he makes others feel - but he didn't in that moment and it was sad to watch. 

Stevens date was on the tv show Glee. I didn't watch that show, but from what I saw of her in this episode I have to say something made me feel that she was a bit full of herself or used to people pampering her. I didn't like her for Steven, but I'm happy he is learning how to slow things down with new relationships. 

• Love 3

I loved Rachel schooling Steven on dating. "You got a drink for yourself? But she's thirsty!" *points at his date* Hee.

What I did not love was Kris schooling Steven on what a great catch her daughter is and how he shouldn't lead her on with side hugs and such. How about she have that same conversation with Megan instead of skirting around it like she always does? For instance, telling her not to have long make-out sessions with Sean when she has no interest in him because that might lead him to think she wants to date him.

I am done with Steven being treated like Voldemort. He can't even be asked about his date without someone shushing the question because it might hurt Megan's feelings. I'm hoping the dramatic statements Megan made at the end of the show mean this whole triangle is over and done with.

• Love 16

Stevens date was on the tv show Glee. I didn't watch that show, but from what I saw of her in this episode I have to say something made me feel that she was a bit full of herself or used to people pampering her.

Your instincts are totally accurate.  For a long time, she was the "IT girl" in the Down syndrome world, in great demand and treated like royalty.  Then she was eclipsed by Jamie Brewer ("American Horror Story"), who has now been eclipsed by the cast from Born This Way.  While Lauren still gets some invites to events, not nearly like she used to and she is having a hard time dealing with it.  I worry about how this cast will deal with it when the attention dies down.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Bastet said:

Overall I agree, but I am so glad Kris had that mixed signals talk with the guys. Someone needed to let them know what's what because Megan sure wasn't.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, camom said:

I worry about how this cast will deal with it when the attention dies down.

Many of us here have been questioning this for a long time. Its the main reason I quit watching the show as I do not feel its at all in the best interest of the young adults involved.   

The show has just shown me that these parents are no different than any other parents who choose to put their children on a reality show. It rarely does them any favors and there has been many tragic endings as well.

It is also a shame the show took a big nose dive in resorting to just another reality show, rather than how it originally was.

• Love 2

I love that Rachel is dating and likes this guy. And I love how he asks about holding her hand and hugging her. Such a difference from some of the other men on the show.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Zanne said:

I loved Rachel schooling Steven on dating. "You got a drink for yourself? But she's thirsty!" *points at his date* Hee.

What I did not love was Kris schooling Steven on what a great catch her daughter is and how he shouldn't lead her on with side hugs and such. How about she have that same conversation with Megan instead of skirting around it like she always does? For instance, telling her not to have long make-out sessions with Sean when she has no interest in him because that might lead him to think she wants to date him.

I am done with Steven being treated like Voldemort. He can't even be asked about his date without someone shushing the question because it might hurt Megan's feelings. I'm hoping the dramatic statements Megan made at the end of the show mean this whole triangle is over and done with.

OMG...this a hundred times! I did not see that coming and was a bit stunned. Steven is no angel (ie claiming he didn't know Megan when talking to his date) but Megan has been dreadful the last few episodes. 

• Love 11

I am so OVER Megan's shit. She was rude to Steven's date for no reason. And her talking-head interviews about how badass she is, then in the clips of the party she is shaking and nervous and looks like a jealous ex, then more interviews about how badass she is. Sick of her.

At the risk of painting with a broad brush, people with DS tend to (and this is based on my experience and my friends' experience with their DS kids) be sweeter than the general population. I know that obviously not everyone in the DS community is going to be like that, but it makes Megan's mean-girl personality all the more striking by comparison. 

• Love 18
12 hours ago, Zanne said:

And while he's standing at the ironing board slaving away for Megology, no less!!  I certainly hope Kris gave Megan those kinds of talking-tos about making out with Sean in public when she doesn't want to date him, and the way she behaved at Rachel's party - since Kris wasn't there either time to see the behavior she should be doing it now when she sees it.  But somehow I have my doubts.  And Steven's date was a bit of a diva, but also sweet and ladylike, and she certainly displayed how to treat "bad ass bosses" with class, grace and dignity.

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

At the risk of painting with a broad brush, people with DS tend to (and this is based on my experience and my friends' experience with their DS kids) be sweeter than the general population. I know that obviously not everyone in the DS community is going to be like that, but it makes Megan's mean-girl personality all the more striking by comparison. 

The two most common stereotypes (with reason!) for people with DS are 1. very sweet and 2. very stubborn.  I think Megan's displaying #2 with the Steven biz!

I just loved Rachel and Christina's girls' spa night!  (Rachel:  "My brother would be so jealous!"  LOL). And Rachel and Elena's absolute delight at having dates who wanted to be with them!  In my dating life, I was always the Rachel/Elena - never the settled like Christina type or wildly popular for no discernible reason like Megan.  So seeing their delight gives me the warm fuzzies - I can relate :)

• Love 9
On 7/14/2017 at 11:20 AM, booboopbedoo said:

Meagan used to look more attractive or is it just me?

She seemed to let herself go after the steven breakup.  Since then her hair seems to be never brushed, it looks like she hasn't colored her hair in months and she's got that weird grey streak in front... which i'm still wondering if it's intentional or natural..... cause if it's intentional then it looks horrible.