Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Celebrating Diversity

I wonder how Kris and Megan are financing their life in L.A.  I doubt they make enough off the show to fully support themselves, and the silly clothing can't be bringing in that much.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, camom said:

I wonder how Kris and Megan are financing their life in L.A.  I doubt they make enough off the show to fully support themselves, and the silly clothing can't be bringing in that much.

Is Kris teaching out there? Didn't someone say she was a teacher in CO? Maybe their certifications are reciprocal.... Doesn't look like it to me (that she has another job, but then again for all we know everything we're seeing could be filmed in a week or on weekends only), but an idea.

Instead of following my cat's wise example, I wound up staying in the room, dividing my attention between the show and what I was working on.  What a stupid episode.  Elena telling her date to eat, and then later on the verge of a meltdown because she thought her dress was ripped, only to laugh and say, "I almost freaked out over nothing!" when she realized that's just how it was cut, was wonderful.  As was Rachel reminding herself she can't dictate when other people arrive, and being excited that her date asked her out again.  The rest?  Good grief.

Steven's date certainly thinks she's all that and then some; the attitude radiates off of her so clearly it's almost a visible entity beside her.  Yet Megan managed to be even more insufferable.  And then there's Sean, who always bugs me, and Steven, who was working my nerves last night.  The fact they're all on about a 13-year-old level when it comes to dating was on full display, and it was basically an entire episode of it.  Sprinkle in a little bit of Rocco and his family, whom I don't care to watch, Megan teaching everyone how to tie dye even though they staged pretty much the same exact scene in a previous season, and I wish I hadn't given it even the half-assed attention I did.

• Love 9
(edited)

Sweet Rachel and spunky Elena were everything in this episode. The rest were just filler and pretty forgettable, with the exception of Megan who was ridiculous. She and Steven had three dates, but she's acting like her world has collapsed and he still owes her something. I'm reluctant to criticize Kris, but I wish she would encourage Megan to live in the  real world and not focus so much on recreating every Rom-Com movie she's ever seen.

Edited by ThinkerBell
  • Love 15

"Steven needs to learn how to love a woman like me." Sigh

Megan needs to sit her ass down somewhere and learn how to order beef from the butcher. Kris created this nonsense monster. No way she should be going on like this after a relations ship that lasted all of 72 hours. At one point she said she couldnt stand to be in the same room with Steven. I was hoping that meant her next talking would be her telling us she was leaving the cast.

• Love 19

There was a glitch when I recorded this, so I can only play about the first 20 minutes.
Can't believe Megology is back. 
Please tell me Steven & Megan did not get back together.

Rachel was everything this episode. When she told her Dad he had a hot wife, followed by her want for people to be punctual; a girl after my heart. She's so sharp, stating that she's taking things slow with her date and they're just friends for now, learn that Megan. I also loved how her date brought her a plant rather than flowers, he seems like a great guy.

Elena is exuding cofidence and it's great to see. She's seems so much more sure of who she is and what she wants. That's being a "boss lady" Megan!

Megan's mom should maybe try to have very frank and frequent discussions with Megan, on how to act in social groups. Her diva attitude is so off putting. She obviously just parrots all the pop culture phrases she thinks make her "badass." It isn't becoming for anyone; disability or not. 

• Love 20

Megan has some serious issues. I really think she believes that she's a big diva in real life. She's beyond infatuated with Tyler perry and she thinks life should be like it is on tv.  

If if she didn't have downs, we'd all think that someone who talks about marriage and having kids on the first date is crazy. 

• Love 3
On 6/30/2017 at 11:19 AM, camom said:

Unfortunately, Sean's parents are of the opinion that the world should mold itself to Sean (I've known a few parents of special needs kids like that).  I think Kris may fall into that category as well.  

Well, this forum's battle about Sean was entertaining (and kind of sad). I don't see anything wrong with commenting that Sean is a douche at times. We must look at Down Syndrome as its own macrocosm in which all different types of DS personalities are represented. You can't compare people with DS with all of society. In the DS community, you're going to have appealing people (like Rachel) and unappealing people (like Sean). I'm not crazy about Sean's parents either, but I wonder if the commenters are a bit too hard on them. I'm sure they've tried in the past to get him to change some of his behaviors. Sean's IQ appears (to me) to be the lowest in this show's peer group. Sometimes, he looks so confused about even the easiest concepts. Someone will explain something to him and you can see that it doesn't even register. Even if it's reinforced 100 times, it still won't register. It must be extremely difficult to raise a child like that.

As far as Kris goes, I think she tries. She did the baby doll trial with Megan; she told Megan to let Sean know that they weren't together; she has told Megan time and again that romance doesn't happen like it does in the movies; she's nice about Megan's absentee father, etc. Kris may not succeed all the time, but she really does try. I think our problem with Kris is more personal. There's a whiff of arrogance and entitlement about her that grates on the nerves.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, snazzymacaronis said:

I honestly think Megan is a spoilt brat and she needs to exit the show. Same with her mother. 

I am starting to dislike her and agree.

She thinks she runs a company?? What is going to happen to her if something happens to her Mother?

1 minute ago, Dominii said:

There's a whiff of arrogance and entitlement about her that grates on the nerves.

AMEN

11 hours ago, LunaMia said:

Elena is exuding cofidence and it's great to see.

I love how she brought her date food and then demanded he eat it! lol

21 hours ago, camom said:

They would make several thousand an episode so they can live pretty well

• Love 5

Megan is just plain obnoxious at this point. DS or no, someone needs to explain to her that she's completely out of line. Even if she and Steven had a serious, long-term relationship (which they didn't), they don't now. She has no claim on him and needs to leave him alone if she can't be civil. Dressing like a little tart with bad lipstick is NOT going to entice him when he wasn't all that interested in her to begin with. I'm sure Kris loves her and wants her to have the best life possible, but she's overcorrected all the way into damaging Megan's social development. No one likes a spoiled, prissy little jerk!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Dominii said:

As far as Kris goes, I think she tries. She did the baby doll trial with Megan;

That didn't even last a whole episode though, did it.  A bona fide trial would have her deal with the doll 24 hours a day, for at least a week, but no breaks for shopping or movies or whatever, unless she had the foresight to arrange a babysitter.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Megan is just plain obnoxious at this point. DS or no, someone needs to explain to her that she's completely out of line.

This CANNOT be Megan-driven.  It is either Kris, Production, or the combination of the two.   I think Kris is doing everything possible to keep Megan on THIS TV show and give her more credentials for future work on television and movies.  Kris is the one who's out of line.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

This CANNOT be Megan-driven.  It is either Kris, Production, or the combination of the two.   I think Kris is doing everything possible to keep Megan on THIS TV show and give her more credentials for future work on television and movies.  Kris is the one who's out of line.

Why can't it be Megan driven? She was saying weird, obsessive crap before the show.  It's all over her old social media which existed before the show

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Robertmc said:

Why can't it be Megan driven? She was saying weird, obsessive crap before the show.  It's all over her old social media which existed before the show

I just don't see Megan referencing Cookie Lyon as her role model for a strong woman. Sorry, but that's an opinion belonging to another person, and was explained to Megan. She liked it and used it. Megan and Cookie are worlds apart.

• Love 2
On July 19, 2017 at 8:35 PM, LunaMia said:

Rachel was everything this episode. When she told her Dad he had a hot wife, followed by her want for people to be punctual; a girl after my heart. She's so sharp, stating that she's taking things slow with her date and they're just friends for now, learn that Megan.

I love Rachel as she wears her heart on her sleeve. And I like that she's cognizant enough to appreciate what her date does e.g. purchasing her meal. Buying her a plant. "Asking' to hold her hand.  At the same time, I hope she isn't accepting 'any ol' guy' because she's so darn grateful that someone asked her out. She's in love with the idea of being in a relationship.

• Love 5
(edited)

http://www.ocregister.com/2011/02/13/glee-actress-dates-regular-guy-in-oc/

I knew i read this a while back----this is Sean dating Lauren Potter back in 2011--I have to say the pics are adorable and Im surprised Sean didnt say anything to Lauren at the ball!!!!

and their parents said he cant marry until he is 30. he doesnt look as obnoxious back then, I wonder if he developed his babe persona for the show---interesting how hw said it was love at first sight--sound familiar??:)

Why would the show ignore this history between them??

Edited by nlkm9
add
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Chalby said:

I just don't see Megan referencing Cookie Lyon as her role model for a strong woman. Sorry, but that's an opinion belonging to another person, and was explained to Megan. She liked it and used it. Megan and Cookie are worlds apart.

Yeah I see what you're saying but megan is all about the black culture. Her favorite actors are black, she wants to be a hip hop dance teacher etc.  I can see her watching Empire and maybe stealing lines from it 

10 hours ago, Chalby said:

I love Rachel as she wears her heart on her sleeve. And I like that she's cognizant enough to appreciate what her date does e.g. purchasing her meal. Buying her a plant. "Asking' to hold her hand.  At the same time, I hope she isn't accepting 'any ol' guy' because she's so darn grateful that someone asked her out. She's in love with the idea of being in a relationship.

Yeah, I think she does love the idea of love. But I was glad to hear her say to the group that she wants to take things slow and they are just friends for now. I also think she has a great family support system who would be very observant and guide her in a positive way. 

I love Rachel too! I wish I knew her in person to hang out and have coffee and chat with, I think she'd be a great friend. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Robertmc said:

I don't believe that "she" is solely capable of all the decisions, conversations, and written matter.   I'm not alone.   

On 7/20/2017 at 9:37 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Dressing like a little tart with bad lipstick is NOT going to entice him when he wasn't all that interested in her to begin with.

Someone in Production needs to own up to this.  There's no way Megan can go shopping on her own and choose something like that dress.  Kris HAS to be in on this bad storyline.  It's making Megan look bad and it's making Kris look irresponsible.    I doubt if Megan does her own hair and make-up and when there's no one to do it, she looks like a normal "kid" with a clean face and messy-ish hair.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Someone in Production needs to own up to this.  There's no way Megan can go shopping on her own and choose something like that dress.  Kris HAS to be in on this bad storyline.  It's making Megan look bad and it's making Kris look irresponsible.    I doubt if Megan does her own hair and make-up and when there's no one to do it, she looks like a normal "kid" with a clean face and messy-ish hair.

I assumed it was obvious that Kris dresses her. No big conspiracy here...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I assumed it was obvious that Kris dresses her. No big conspiracy here...

Sorry.  I assumed from your "tart" comment you felt Megan was doing that on her own--several on this forum do.

It looks to me like all of the cast has professional hair and makeup for special events like the ball and photo shoots.  Likely wardrobe, too.  

I have no problem believing Megan's *behavior* is all hers. The jealousy, the introducing herself as an ex, believing she's a Cookie-inspired "bad bitch" (her behavior, especially in relationships, seems to be heavily influenced by fictional media.)  If this relationship was real, I believe Megan's very inappropriate and unflattering reactions and behaviors are, too.  

• Love 7

I got to spend some time this weekend with some of the cast (Sean, Elena, Cristina, Rachel) as well as some of the parents and two of the producers.  Fun to see them in a relaxed setting.  I especially enjoyed catching up with the parents.  

• Love 7

I finally got to watch the entire episode.  I hated the way the girls treated Megan as the innocent party, and gather round her.
And Kris, you need to teach Megan not to take advantage of a naive guy who's trying to be polite, and make him the bad guy, when you were the agressive one.

The episode had way too much Megan.  And they all have to help with Megology?

• Love 3

Kris irritated me more than usual in the last episode. The way she called out Steven when Megan had a hissy fit (after SEAN said she liked him) was really uncalled for and made me feel very uncomfortable for poor Steven who doesn't have the adequate emotional and verbal development to defend himself. I see where Megan gets her dramatic character from. 

To the powers that be, if this show gets renewed, please, please, please NO more Rocco and his granola looking family. Less Megan, Sean and Steven and a lot more Rachel! That is all I ask. Heck give Rachel her own show! That girl is a doll, can't get enough of her. 

• Love 5

Oh yeah, I also saw Rocco and his granola family.  Rocco is not a well-behaved child.  I realize that there is only so much one can expect from someone his age, but parents who just smile at how adorable their offspring are when they are basically terrorizing everyone around drive me crazy.

• Love 7

I hope Kris hears Megan's dismissing Steven because he doesn't want "marriage and a family," because looks like Kris will be raising grandchildren.
She should have had those talks, and taught useful life skills, rather than airy, fairy speeches.

• Love 7

Did anyone else find it slightly chilling when Rocco's parents brought him to meet his new baby sister, and the mom said "you're going to take care of her...and she's going to take care of you." I hope they aren't going to set up that expectation for this poor daughter that she needs to take care of her big brother when their parents are gone. I hope they just meant it in a more generic "siblings watch after each other in school" sort of way.

• Love 11

I'm not sure.  Don't they have several grown children?  And she talked about how important siblings were, and I assumed she meant close in age ones, so that could be the case.

1 hour ago, auntjess said:

I'm not sure.  Don't they have several grown children?  And she talked about how important siblings were, and I assumed she meant close in age ones, so that could be the case.

They don't look old enough to have grown children, unless they started in their early teens ;)

• Love 2

One of them (I think the dad but I'm not sure) has a teen or young adult daughter.

For most parents who have a child with DS, the goal is to raise our children so that they want to care for the sibling with DS if necessary.  I would never tell my other children that it was their responsibility, but I know parents who have.  Luckily, my other children are willing to step up if needed.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, camom said:

I would never tell my other children that it was their responsibility, but I know parents who have.

That is sad for those parents' kids. I just think that crosses a huge boundary. It's not the siblings' responsibility, and it affects whether/who they marry or live with, and potentially whether they would have kids of their own. Or if they don't want kids at all, it forces a caretaker role on them that they might not want. The best situation is when siblings are eager to take on that role, like with John's siblings on the show, but I don't think it should be expected by the parents at all. 

• Love 3

The best situation is when siblings are eager to take on that role, like with John's siblings on the show, but I don't think it should be expected by the parents at all. 

Exactly.  For those on the show, John, Rachel, and Cristina definitely have siblings who will do what is necessary.  I don't know about the relationship of Elena's brother with the rest of the family (although he seemed proud of her when she was in Japan) or Steven's sister.  Sean and Cristina have no siblings.  Although that means the parents should be very proactive in providing for their futures, they don't seem to be.

• Love 1

I was very glad that, where we saw participants' siblings discussing the caretaking issue, those who discussed their future role seemed to be voluntarily saying they'd step in when the parents died, rather than it being something that was forced on them.  Because that's a huge deal.  It's impossible for me to say without actually being in the situation, of course, but I'm fairly certain I would not take on that role, or marry/live with someone who was going to take on that role in their own family.  Make sure they had a great group home in which to live or a professional caretaker to live with them, sure.  Visit, have them over, take them out to do stuff, of course.  But live with them myself, tending to their needs on a daily basis, essentially acting as the parent?  Nope, not happening.  I do not have the right personality for that, at all.  Nor would I think it was my responsibility just because I happened to be born to parents who also had a child with life-long special needs.  So I'd hate to see any of these parents try to guilt-trip their other children that way, and am glad there hasn't been any hint of that.

I'm glad John's sisters have each other, and openly discussed that they'd take turns as to who he lived with, to give each other a break.  I think Cristina has two brothers, but I may be falsely adding a second.  Rachel's brother will be on his own, so I'm happy his husband is so good with Rachel and was obviously fine with marrying into the future situation. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, camom said:

Exactly.  For those on the show, John, Rachel, and Cristina definitely have siblings who will do what is necessary.  I don't know about the relationship of Elena's brother with the rest of the family (although he seemed proud of her when she was in Japan) or Steven's sister.  Sean and Cristina have no siblings.  Although that means the parents should be very proactive in providing for their futures, they don't seem to be.

Christina actually has 2 brothers who look to be in there 20's, They have been seen a few times on the show,but they have never said much,they were on more recently helping Christina move into her own home. 

• Love 1

Christina actually has 2 brothers

You're right.  I meant Megan.

It's impossible for me to say without actually being in the situation, of course, but I'm fairly certain I would not take on that role, or marry/live with someone who was going to take on that role in their own family.  Make sure they had a great group home in which to live or a professional caretaker to live with them, sure.  Visit, have them over, take them out to do stuff, of course. 

This is what I assume my DS daughter's siblings will do.  She won't live with them, but they will still be "responsible" for making sure that she is being cared for properly, has a happy life, etc.  It still is a responsibility, but without the day-to-day details.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I just rewatched the last few episodes, not sure why and I may have to let this show go.  It's really turning into Sex in the City with Steven as the unattainable Mr. Big and Megan as Carrie Bradshaw.  The constant dramatics over this breakup is ridiculous. Megan having a tantrum and tossing pillows around a room?  Having Rachel and Elena tend to Megan like a wounded bird?.  I'm surprised Megan didn't have to be spoonfed and nursed back to health like Carrie after being jilted at the alter. Kris needs to work on refocusing Megan's attention away from marriage and babies and into life skills and self love.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 8
On 7/26/2017 at 5:08 PM, camom said:

I got to spend some time this weekend with some of the cast (Sean, Elena, Cristina, Rachel) as well as some of the parents and two of the producers.  Fun to see them in a relaxed setting.  I especially enjoyed catching up with the parents.  

so how do you know them??

I may be the odd one out, but I enjoy seeing Rocco & his parents. Mainly to see how the younger years with a child with DS play out, and how the parents of the older DS generation help mentor the parents. 

They may be "granola" and quirky, but I think it's nice to see a different viewpoint. 

Sure beats the ridiculously overplayed love triangle BS. 

• Love 6