Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Life's A Pitch

• Start Topic

Yeah, I dunno. It's plausible she could be wrong about her kids but right about everything else. I would say that just because she's wrong about one thing, it doesn't mean that she wrong about everything. The issue with her kids, and the timeline in which their Lyme presented, is the only thing that doesn't fit in with eveything I've researched/know about Lyme. But I'm no expert. So I dunno.

Yolanda claims she got LD not long before she/David got married, her kids were teens by then. Also, she never, EVER, mentioned that any of her kids were sick until just a couple of months ago at an award dinner for LD. I am sorry to say that it made me suspecious because this happened not long after she had her leaky silicone breast implant(s) removed, the effected areas cleaned up and her tweeting about how much better/healthier she was. IMO, she said this about her kids to keep the sympathy coming her way because she IS getting better now that the silicone is gone from her body. Oh, and she/Bella are NOW blaming NLD for causing Bella to get the DUI last year!

I was kind of bummed to hear Kyle talking so much about Kim. I was hoping Kyle would have a season with a different storyline, one that didn't concern Kim. I guess we will see how that plays out.

I am hoping the new ladies bring some lighter subject matter.

Also I am very curious who Lisa R. is talking to when she talks about taking someone down with her. (As was shown in the previews last night)

So much was happeniing with Kim during filming that there was no way for Kyle to ignore it on camera. All of these women realize that much of their lives off camera is reported on, especially arreats, and because Kim/Kyle are sisters, it is better for Kyle to be upfront with it instead of hiding it IMO.

• Love 7

My mother and brother have both suffered from Lyme and had very different experiences of it (though both had a hard time getting diagnosed, like nearly all lyme sufferers). My brother was originally thought to have meningitis, my mother, an ectopic pregnancy. He recovered fairly quickly after receiving a correct diagnosis, whereas she was virtually bedridden for almost a year. It's not uncommon in our area and I know many people who have survived it. It can attack so many systems...I know one person in whom it caused a deep, multi-year depression, another who lost his vision for several months.  

I don't personally know anyone who has suffered for 3+ years, but I can certainly believe that they are out there and that Yolanda is one of them. Personally, I'm dreading this storyline. Yo has never been one of my favorites, but I have no interest in watching an obviously fragile woman be dragged through the mud.  

I do question her decision to appear on the show and have alway seen her as a bit of a narcissist, but narcissists can suffer from chronic illnesses too.

• Love 9

Tijuana standard, another place she was receiving medical treatments with laetrile.  

Ugh. Laetrile raises its ugly head again> Knew someone who went to Tijuana for laetrile treatments for cancer in 1980. 

Also think this is what they were giving Andy Kauffman for his brain cancer

• Love 2

I joined a support group for people with my autoimmune disease and I quickly discovered that people believe some really crazy things about the disease we happen to share. How they got it, how to treat it, what might cure it, conspiracies around why there's no cure for it. As a result I feel like just because someone says something about their health doesn't mean they're exactly right, if that makes sense. I know Yolanda says she has Lyme Disease and I have no reason to not believe that but I'm still giving major side eye to a lot of her other claims. It's possible she's just lying or exaggerating or just plain wrong about some of the aspects of her illness. I don't feel bad speculating about it because a) she's putting it all out there on tv and social media and b) experience has taught me that people are stupid and crazy and do and say stupid and crazy things especially if they think they have something to gain from it. (Like sympathy or attention or the respect of being seen as an expert on something.) I would be more inclined to believe her 100% if she wasn't saying things like Lyme causing her daughter to get a DUI.

• Love 16

Oh, and she/Bella are NOW blaming NLD for causing Bella to get the DUI last year!

I would be more inclined to believe her 100% if she wasn't saying things like Lyme causing her daughter to get a DUI.

Imo, this is being taken out of context. Devil's advocate, but let's say Bella, Anwar and Yolanda did get LD from ticks off their horses.  If Bella was in pain, missing activities and had to stay away from her horse because she was sick - I can see her getting all teenaged angsty.  (Nobody better come between a teen girl and her horse. True story.) So if she was depressed, it's possible she got drunk and got busted.  I think drunk drivers are cockroaches, but my point is - I don't think Yolanda and Bella are saying that Bella's brain dysfunction told her to get drunk and drive. I imagine it was more of a really stupid teenage choice to drink, brought on by being sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Especially if Bella was a party girl to begin with, she probably said screw this, let's get wasted.  Wouldn't be the first teenager to do it.  Lyme or no Lyme.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

After reading so many comments about Yo's illness and behavior, I'm thinking: Could some of Yo's behavior that seems to us so contradictory and mystifying simply be the result of her brain fog? She's just not thinking clearly so she exaggerates her symptoms, says her kids also have LD, that its effects caused Bella to drive drunk, makes her feel she must seek treatments all over the world, etc.

I'm not someone seeking to make excuses for her, just trying to get a handle on the whole thing. That said, I don't even know why am bothering! I have little desire to watch this season and I certainly don't want to get into endless discussions of Yo and Lyme disease.

I miss the snark.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

Tijuana standard, another place she was receiving medical treatments with laetrile. 

Ugh. Laetrile raises its ugly head again> Knew someone who went to Tijuana for laetrile treatments for cancer in 1980.

Also think this is what they were giving Andy Kauffman for his brain cancer

Laetrile?  What?  I had to look that up and it contains cyanide.  Yo was ingesting cyanide to cure herself?  Wow.

• Love 2

Imo, this is being taken out of context. Devil's advocate, but let's say Bella, Anwar and Yolanda did get LD from ticks off their horses.  If Bella was in pain, missing activities and had to stay away from her horse because she was sick - I can see her getting all teenaged angsty.  (Nobody better come between a teen girl and her horse. True story.) So if she was depressed, it's possible she got drunk and got busted.  I think drunk drivers are cockroaches, but my point is - I don't think Yolanda and Bella are saying that Bella's brain dysfunction told her to get drunk and drive. I imagine it was more of a really stupid teenage choice to drink, brought on by being sick and tired of being sick and tired.  Especially if Bella was a party girl to begin with, she probably said screw this, let's get wasted.  Wouldn't be the first teenager to do it.  Lyme or no Lyme.

Did you read Bella's statment where she blamed having NLD for her DUI? Someone posted it  a week or so ago on Yolanda's thread, I think. Also, if this IS true, why didn't Yolanda say that in any statment she made about Bella/DUI or even in that horrid email she sent her that went into detail about finding drugs/alcohol/used bloody tampons/ect in the car? Nothing, Yolanda said nothing about either Bella or Anwar having NLD UNTIL a couple of months ago and that only happened, IMO, because she is getting better fast now that the leaky silicone breast implant(s) have been removed and the effected areas cleaned up and she needs to keep the LD sympathy coming.

• Love 8

Did you read Bella's statment where she blamed having NLD for her DUI? Someone posted it  a week or so ago on Yolanda's thread, I think. Also, if this IS true, why didn't Yolanda say that in any statment she made about Bella/DUI or even in that horrid email she sent her that went into detail about finding drugs/alcohol/used bloody tampons/ect in the car? Nothing, Yolanda said nothing about either Bella or Anwar having NLD UNTIL a couple of months ago and that only happened, IMO, because she is getting better fast now that the leaky silicone breast implant(s) have been removed and the effected areas cleaned up and she needs to keep the LD sympathy coming.

I did.  So is my scenario completely off the rails?  She did blame her LD for her DUI.  She was sick, got drunk because she's a stupid teenager who got tired of not partying with her friends and then got herself arrested. Is this the statement?

http://www.standard.co.uk/fashion/partiesandpeople/bella-hadid-reveals-the-impact-lyme-disease-has-had-on-modelling-memory-and-her-olympic-career-a3122671.html

The email Yo sent might be interesting to look at again to see if their are any clues alluding to Bella's illness. And I'll tell you as the mother of a teenager.  I don't care if he had Lyme or cancer.  If he drinks and drives and treats the car and his life - both of which I'VE given him - like shit, you can bet he'd get an earful.  I'm not a letter writing mama but if I were, he'd be laid into but good.

And Yo keeping it a secret?  As a teacher, you'd be amazed at what illnesses parents won't share until it becomes so obvious to us that they finally cop to it.  They don't want their kids labeled or looked at differently.  Or not being chosen for a team because the coach is afraid lil Johnny can't handle the rigors. OR some don't tell us about their kids' chronic illnesses, because they don't want to arrange childcare, just wanted to keep sending them to school sick hoping we wouldn't notice.  I think Yo kept it a secret to avoid the labeling.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4

She doesn't want her children labeled but she's comfortable with labeling now, even though Anwar himself is still a child? How did she dictate and/or write the e-mail to Bella after the DUI when she the arrest occurred right around the time that she asserted she couldn't pick up a pen or even sit in front of a television? How is she authoring blogs in the present when 90 percent (I might be wrong on this specific figuure but I believe it was at least 80) of her brain function evaporated? I just read the blog in question pertaining to this episode and she describes Lyme as "a silent killer" "more prevalent than AIDS" prior to the development of treatment or widespread prevention in the early '80s. This is a vile and appalling comparison - for the record, there have been 7 confirmed cases of death from Lyme since the same decade. Yup, totally on par with an epidemic that decimated millions and continues to ravage the developing world. Yolanda is sick alright as in "one sick puppy" if she earnestly believes that assertion.

• Love 15

I did.  So is my scenario completely off the rails?  She did blame her LD for her DUI.  She was sick, got drunk because she's a stupid teenager who got tired of not partying with her friends and then got herself arrested. Is this the statement?

http://www.standard.co.uk/fashion/partiesandpeople/bella-hadid-reveals-the-impact-lyme-disease-has-had-on-modelling-memory-and-her-olympic-career-a3122671.html

The email Yo sent might be interesting to look at again to see if their are any clues alluding to Bella's illness. And I'll tell you as the mother of a teenager.  I don't care if he had Lyme or cancer.  If he drinks and drives and treats the car and his life - both of which I'VE given him - like shit, you can bet he'd get an earful.  I'm not a letter writing mama but if I were, he'd be laid into but good.

And Yo keeping it a secret?  As a teacher, you'd be amazed at what illnesses parents won't share until it becomes so obvious to us that they finally cop to it.  They don't want their kids labeled or looked at differently.  Or not being chosen for a team because the coach is afraid lil Johnny can't handle the rigors. OR some don't tell us about their kids' chronic illnesses, because they don't want to arrange childcare, just wanted to keep sending them to school sick hoping we wouldn't notice.  I think Yo kept it a secret to avoid the labeling.

There was nothing in the email that indicted that Bella had a medical problem that could have led to her drinking. IMO, Bella acted like many other kids, drank alcohol and drove because they are stupid kids and nothing more. Remember, this all happened when Yolanda was out of the country and David was busy with work, she had no adult supervision other than the house keeping staff at Yolanda's house and Yolanda told the maid to allow Bella her freedom while she was gone at that! This isn't much different than a teen throwing a keg party when Mom/Dad are away for the weekend IMO.

I find the timing of this announcement, kids/NLD, suspect because Yolana is doing so, so much better health wise now that the leaked silicone is gone from her body. IMO, she is desperate to keep the sympathy support, addulation and recognition she has gotten from the LD community and BH viewers because of her illness and she is afraid of loosing it. I suspect this is the first time she is getting all the attention again since she left modeling. When she married Mohammed she took a back seat to him and she became a SAHM, then she married David and became the wife of the world famous music guy, she hasn't been the center of attention for a long time and craves it now that she has had a taste of it again so she is holding on to it with all she's got. Also, Anwar is still in school, so why name him if she was trying to protect his privacy and why risk Bella's future modeling career with announcing it to the world now?

As for how I would react to my teen son getting a DUI, he would not sit behind the steering wheel of a car for a very, very long time just for starters, Yolanda allowed Bella to drive within a short time.

• Love 8

Bella's riding career had been exchanged for a modeling career by the time she got the DUI.  The Lyme Disease apparently also kept her from the Olympic team.  Aren't the Olympic trials still six months away?  Where would she have been riding and training in NYC?  Bella IMO did not come off well in her interview.  Bella was arrested at 4 am-aren't most people tired at 4 am?  Plus she was a minor at the time and had no business being out at 4 am.  It had nothing to so with LD, it was a spoiled kid out partying while her mom was on a working vacation.

• Love 12

All very possible, kids.  Not completely disagreeing.  I've never been a fan of Yolanda's but there's nothing more boring than a forum where everyone is ditto-ing, ITA-ing and high-fiving over the same opinion page after page. See: Kim Richards' thread. Just throwing out some possible scenarios.

I do have a hard time buying that she's making up illnesses for her kids and Mohammed is letting her get away with it, though. 

• Love 4

Just to clarify.  I've seen some posts here about the difficulty of getting a Lyme test and the necessary medicine to treat it.  In my own situations and other members of my family, this was not the case.  When my son was 'seeing two of everything' and we went through the worst five days of my life seeing doctors, having an MRI, etc. fortunately, after going for a Lyme titer requested by a pediatric neurologist, he came up positive for neurological lyme.  He was immediately placed in the hospital, and put on IV rocephin for four weeks.  He was released  from the hospital when they determined he tolerated the antibiotic.  He had a PIC line and was under 24/7 on call home nurse care.   I've been tested for Lyme a number of times as well as everyone in my family.  We were always 'treated'.  I'm revealing this so people don't get scared that they're not going to be able to be tested or treated.  And, just have to give a shout out to the home care nurses.  He had a list of those who would come to our house 24/7.  My son was an easy patient, albeit one with strong veins and tended to fill the bandage with blood, but the nurses loved him. I was always apologizing about them having to come out late at night but I was told he was a 'happy' case.  Loved those woman and their patience with me.  My point is that in the cases I know, it overwhelmingly has been taken seriously by the medical profession.

Anyhow, as for the CDC reporting of Lyme....I don't know about now but when my son and others in my family were diagnosed, I can tell you straight up it's under reported.  There's no way that I knew all of the Lyme cases in my state at the time.  Yeah, true.  Not every practice takes the time to report.

I also remember Yo saying that she got Lyme from the cow, or whatever.  She also has stated that her Lyme diagnosis came from a tissue sample, not from a Lyme titer test.  I'm not saying that she didn't have Lyme.  More than likely she did get it from a tick in CA.  I don't think it's impossible that two of her children have gotten bit by ticks as well. 

As for the criticism of Lisa and Kyle's lunch conversation, I didn't hear either of them question that Yo was sick.  What they were questioning, and justifiably so was what may be actually wrong with her.  And those questions come into play because of Yo's convenient portrayal of her illness.  I also don't think the TH's were about how dare she not wear makeup but rather about the surprise that she wasn't wearing makeup, given Yo's history about the importance of 'appearance'.  I don't doubt that Yo is sick ( is it Lyme or her treatments?) but I do think her appearance at Lisar's birthday party was more about sympathy than being there for Lisar.  Sad to feel this way but I think it's the truth.

• Love 7

Just throwing this out there:

Question: How do you posters feel about having a separate thread for Lyme discussion

Love.

I said before the epi aired that we didn't have to let the forum be overcome by Yolanda's storyline if we didn't want it to.  But that was before the epi aired and Bravo didn't give us much else to talk about.  Another board might be the only way to keep the weekly episode discussions revolving around something other than Yolanda and LD.

I'm just not sure how easy it would be to separate the discussion if there is overlap in the storylines.

• Love 4

I think that the reason for all the posts about Yo's illness is that it was featured front and center in this episode.  So I have no problem with it.  After all, seeing Yo in this episode was definitely different from what we have seen in the past and it was talked about by the other housewives.  Like it not, it is what it is.  Will every episode be focused on Yo medical problems?  I hope not but for now, that's what we've got.

• Love 6

My point was that sure discuss Yolanda and her Lyme. But it gets really off topic in the discussion and goes in circles. It doesn't really matter. I will probably do what I had to do in the last NY season, just skim the posts. Because I am not reading 75 pages of in depth: Lyme Does it or doesn't it? If the discussion can just relate to what is shown on the episode, ok. But dissertations, pro and con? I am out. So it is a serious suggestion and question to the mods to have the in depth talk have a thread. Maybe there can be a limit on how many sentences can be used in a post? [seriously!] Channeling my inner Ramona: I am being serious! I can't! I CAN'T! I CAN'T!! The lyme is boring! I'm sorry it's boring!

Maybe it can just be taken to Yolanda's thread?

I think a lot of it will depend on how much Yolanda and the other women talk about it on each episode. Sadly, I think it will be more than any of us want to hear.

• Love 5

My point was that sure discuss Yolanda and her Lyme. But it gets really off topic in the discussion and goes in circles. It doesn't really matter. I will probably do what I had to do in the last NY season, just skim the posts. Because I am not reading 75 pages of in depth: Lyme Does it or doesn't it? If the discussion can just relate to what is shown on the episode, ok. But dissertations, pro and con? I am out. So it is a serious suggestion and question to the mods to have the in depth talk have a thread. Maybe there can be a limit on how many sentences can be used in a post? [seriously!] Channeling my inner Ramona: I am being serious! I can't! I CAN'T! I CAN'T!! The lyme is boring! I'm sorry it's boring!

Maybe it can just be taken to Yolanda's thread?

Like Kim's addiction, people are passionate about what's going on with Yolanda right now.  It's personal for many and that's why it goes off topic and beyond the show.  But I'm with you.  I stopped reading Kim's thread when it got to be 80+ pages. I would've been bummed if it hadn't been contained (mostly) to her thread because I would have stopped reading the episode threads, too.  And that would have been a pity because I d0 love bagging on the others that weren't named Kim.

• Love 5

Higgins, you know I look to you to explain this stuff.  As an uninformed layperson wouldn't ingestion silver be contrary to her heavy metal detox therapy she advertised in May of this year?  It just seems contrary to a simpleton like me that you are getting the heavy metals out and ingesting silver at the same time.  Why ingest the silver at all.  This was her controversial chelation therapy phase.  Yolanda also claims to have seen 100 doctors since being diagnosed.  I just don't see anyway her care can be coordinated at this point. http://www.inquisitr.com/2124275/beverly-hills-housewife-yolanda-foster-undergoes-heavy-metal-detox-risks-her-life-during-chelation-therapy-for-lyme-disease/

I am not saying she is faking it.  I simply don't believe all these different therapy modalities are easy to explain to really involved people let alone TV viewers.

I don't know if she was using the colloidal silver as chelation therapy or as her "holistic" antibiotic. It does have antibacterial properties.

I think it is entirely possible that Yolanda is sick, or was. Her treatment regimen is no doubt causing her current decline in health.

Medical science is not all knowing and often physicians miss things or just don't know what is wrong but that treatment board she had tells me that she is very sick. Rational people do not do what she has and anyone can see she has only become sicker either physically or mentally, or both.

I do question her however and her appearance. Any 50 year old woman fair skinned, outdoorsy lifestyle is going to be blotchy and ruddy without makeup. Yolanda skin was clearly covered in foundation and any woman her age who puts foundation on without adding her usual contour and highlighting and colr on her eyes will look like death even if they are healthy. if you don't believe me, try for yourself.

Also, as to her puffy face, she has IV fluids before she went to that dinner. That alone would make her puffy and adding that to the lack of contouring that we normally see her with, she would appear bloated. Convenient that she had IV fluids before the part? You be the judge....I know what I think ;)

• Love 9

Like Kim's addiction, people are passionate about what's going on with Yolanda right now.  It's personal for many and that's why it goes off topic and beyond the show.  But I'm with you.  I stopped reading Kim's thread when it got to be 80+ pages. I would've been bummed if it hadn't been contained (mostly) to her thread because I would have stopped reading the episode threads, too.  And that would have been a pity because I d0 love bagging on the others that weren't named Kim.

In all fairness to the Kim thread she did get arrested twice, got sued for her vicious dog attacking an old lady, her dog attacking her niece, a second wedding for her daughter filled with drama and had quite the cat and mouse game with rehab. I almost forgot the ##### inspirational messages from her ex husband Monty.  So much of her thread is her off screen antics.

I think after next week's episode the Lyme Disease will subside a bit.  There are new women to come aboard and a European vacation.  I am actually more interested in what isn't going on between she and David than her Lyme Disease.

• Love 7

I maybe wrong but I think it is a deer tick that transmits the disease. I don't think deer ticks are on horses (not sure).

• Love 1

I loved Kyle's striped peplum top she wore to lunch with Lisa. Anyone recognize it? I was sorry the subject turned to Kim as it tends to do. She's an overdose waiting to happen and I just can't watch another season of her lies and half-assed attempt to get her shit together.

I didn't recognize Kyle's top, and I should have. I use to pay close attention to the fashion on this show. Now I'm all about the words coming out of their mouths, who's lying, who's deceiving etc. I miss when the chatter was second to their fashion!

• Love 3

I disagree that it's off topic.  Like it or not, it's happening on the show.  Just like Brook's cancer on RHOC or Kim's alcholism.  Posters are sharing their opinions or own experience with what is happening.  I understand that some posters may find it boring but that's what that particular show (s's) are about.  It is what it is.  It's about the episode - not what posters are sharing.  

• Love 9

I maybe wrong but I think it is a deer tick that transmits the disease. I don't think deer ticks are on horses (not sure).

Yes, ticks transmits the disease, not horses but ticks can be on horses.  Just like deer.  So, in other words, they hop on horses and other animals and bring them into your yard and other areas you are in.  Then, the ticks find their way onto you.  The problem with ticks that cause Lyme is that they're so freakin small is that you don't necessarily even notice that they have attached themselves to your body.  Back of the knee is a popular place.  I've found them in my daughter's bellybutton, her face (it looked like a small freckle),  by my armpit, etc.  These are not like dog ticks.  They're so damn tiny, they're easy to miss. 

• Love 7

I stopped reading Kim's thread when it got to be 80+ pages

Blame that on Kim herself. After all, she is the one who found time to take her addiction from the show to her life away from the show. Same with YoFo. She brings her disease front and center on the show, on her social media pages, and any other place she sees fit. Damn those diseases!

• Love 4

I also want to add that your upthread observation regarding as to how some of these HW get their information - i.e.,  media coverage versus actual conversations with Yolanda versus actual conversations with Mohammed may be adding to the overall confusion.  Lisa and Ken could possibly be getting a different version of the extent of Yolanda's illness from Mohammed, their longtime friend.  No one really knows whether Yolanda had a history of drawing out illness (e.g. broken back) during her marriage.  Maybe she has a history, maybe not.  Clearly Lisa and Ken enjoy a much warmer relationship with Mohammed than they do with Yolanda and I would wager that they would take Mohammed's version of events over Yolanda's version of events in a New York minute .

I thought Lisa and Kyle's comments about Yolanda were tasteless and tacky, but then again, isn't that why we watch them and snark?  What is important to us is clearly not important to them.  The comments from Ken didn't surprise me or offend me - he's been pretty consistent with his comments and IMO he is holding a grudge and is a crabby little man. 

The relationship that the Richards sisters have is so twisted that it's going to take years to unwind.  I always surmised the chill between Rick and Kathy Hilton and Mauricio existed because Mauricio left their agency to form his own.  I don't think the viewers will ever escape the Richards Sisters drama - it will always be part of Kyle's storyline.  IMO it's boring.

I do like the Lisa - Kyle friendship vibe (hanging head in shame) much better than the frenemies vibe.  Hope they make it through Italy.

Interesting point regarding the Lisa and Mo friendship with regard to Yolanda's LD treatments and the severity of the disease. I would think the close friends would have discussed Yolanda's condition and that his point of view might be influencing her. She has admitted that she and Yolanda are not friends on more than one occasion so I'm not surprised by her take on Yolanda. Lisa likes to mention her closeness to Yolanda and Mo's children. I wonder how they take her and Ken's statements about their mom? I would think not particularly kindly. In the future the children may influence their dad regarding his friendship with LisaV.

One thing I did like was the close bond Yolanda had with her friend who accompanied her to LisaR's B-day party.

• Love 3

I'm having a hard time understanding why Yolanda takes (and shares on social media) so many hospital/treatment pictures. I don't doubt she's ill, but it's strange. I've seen the same thing among people with certain mental illnesses (borderline, and eating disorders, specifically). It's like sharing the pictures makes their illness more valid (in their minds). Bizarre.

That's a very good point.

I have had a hell of a year, medically-speaking, and spent a lot of time in various medical settings - doctor's offices, labs, imaging centers, on and on.  I'm active on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and there is not one photo of me in a hospital gown or hooked up to an IV anywhere.  No such photos exist.  The very last thing I was thinking about was posing for photos, and the very last thing I would have wanted was people seeing me at my worst.  And that's if I was feeling well enough to even think about that, which I was not.  I absolutely had other priorities, as I'm sure most of us do when we are feeling like total crap and are desperate for answers and would give anything to feel better.

I totally get that Yolanda is a celebrity, and I'm not.  And that she has fans, and I don't.  But I still think it's really odd not only that she's photographed in these kinds of settings, but that it happens so often.  And that she puts them out on social media all the time.  It certainly seems as though she's putting an awful lot of effort into offering "proof" that she's sick.  I think she is sick - I don't think she made this whole thing up based on nothing at all.  But it's very suspect that her focus seems to be on crafting a public perception of her more than anything else. 

And of course that's the way she's always been, so not surprising.

I call bullshit on a whole lot of what she says.  There are too many contradictions and too many things that simply don't make sense.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 13

Lyme never starts out "chronic".  It must evolve and go undiagnosed before becoming systemic or chronic.

The argument that Chronic Lyme does not exist is beyond insulting to those suffering.  The CDC has it's reasons for declaring Lyme easily cured.  Then, they backtrack and say that Lyme needs to be discovered within a certain period before it gets into deep tissue.  For most, it's too late by the time they are finally diagnosed.  I know that my experience was excruciating.  My Pedantic Primary Care Physician was resistant to testing me for Lyme, though I live in the most endemic area in the world.  It took multiple visits to get the script for blood work.  And indeed, the blood work came back, CDC positive.  Well, gosh, thanks PCP, because now the Lyme has burrowed into deep tissue and broken the blood brain barrier.  Now I have advanced Neurological Lyme.  Had I been tested immediately, as requested, we could've curtailed this medical inconvenience.  To make matters worse, this Disease isn't recognized and my costly Insurance won't pay a penny for treatment (Because, of course, it doesn't exist)..  So, imagine the frustration, while my brain swells and my heart is under attack and the spirochete is adept at alluding antibiotic by morphing into a biofilm.  It's not easy having the disease that clearly exists; yet not recognized.  It's the Rodney Dangerfield of diseases...."No respect".  You can imagine the frustration of suffering patients.  Imagine coming close to death to a disease that doesn't exist.  It's a crime to humanity and the CDC will eventually be forced to admit their ignorance or their stubbornness..

So, I conclude with a "shout out" to Yolanda.  Make up or no make up.  Alternative treatments or conventional.  Whether her children have it or not.  People are talking about this nonexistent disease.

Btw, unless one suffers from this disease they will not understand the pain and agony experienced.  You may argue with an SAT vocabulary; but I completely understand Yolanda's helplessness and feeling beyond depressed.  You can't escape your body and the pain...it's a feeling of claustrophobia that only one with terminal excruciating pain can understand.  When she muttered that she didn't want to live anymore.  I completely understood.  To judge her for exposing her weakness and vulnerability in this particular scene, when reality TV, in general is out of control, with violence, death and drugs is indeed the definition of myopic.

Thank you uesNY for sharing your LD information. Your post sheds light on this terrible disease. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, but until you walk the walk or are faced with a friend or family member with long term health symptoms it's difficult to understand. Many don't know anyone who has Chronic LD and Yolanda is the first person they've encountered suffering the symptoms of the disease. She believes it is her obligation to show the behind the scenes effects of the disease in order to show the prominence the disease has on her life. Negative or positive comments about Yolanda's Lyme's Disease have stirred up the most discussions from the RHOBH premiere.

Her treatments and their subsequent photo documentation seem to give some pause about Yolanda's motives. Others may wish to see glamour and house porn when watching HW shows, not someone's health struggles. It seems though Bravo production has chosen to spotlight LD and the ensuing discussions between HWs about it. So it appears we're stuck with the topic this season, hopefully some good will come out of it!

• Love 4

Agreed, my doctor (a woman by the way) wanted to know if I wanted any HR for my symptoms and I said no thanks women have been going thru this for centuries without any meds.

I came out on the other side just fine.

Ladies, listen to your own bodies and advocate for yourself whatever the choice is meds or not.

ITA. In my opinion, menopause is a natural process and women have been going through it for eons. I took no hormones when I went through it, largely because my mother had breast cancer and I didn't want to take the chance.

WRT to Yolanda and wearing makeup, I'm older than she is and I rarely wear it, other than for events. Like, last night I was at a formal affair. I painted myself up and off I went. I look great, all made up and I'm pretty good at doing my face, if I do say so.

• Love 7

I don't really have any opinion about Yo's LD. Still I enjoyed the show in happy anticipation of coming here to snark, but now I sort of can't remember what else happened. 

Oh, I did like how Mauricio spoke with Kyle about Kim. I expect Kyle has been getting some professional help for dealing with both her sisters, really. But in some scenes I thought her hair was too starkly black. 

Oh, and my favorite part with with Eileen going to work. I wish we could have snippets of that all season. 

• Love 6

If this season is gonna be all about Yolanda's illness I'll freakin jump off the balcony.  BH is my favorite franchise and this will ruin it for me.  This entire thread is even boring me.  It's ALL about illnesses and diseases.  Cripes.  

On the bright side, I caught a glimpse of Camille in the season preview.  Yay!!!!  I wish she would have come back full time.  Her little appearances here and there aren't enough to satisfy me.  I need her house and clothes porn.  Camille always delivers on that front.  Happy to see Adrienne will make an appearance as well. 

• Love 14

Lisa Rinna and Jax Taylor from Vanderpump Rules are the 2 reality stars I have a hard time looking at directly. It's not that I think they're unattractive, but they each have features that remind me of something unpleasant. Rinna's lips = a shiny butthole.  Jax's hairy jawline = a set of greasy, hairy, low hanging balls.  Sorry.

I have to watch both of them with my head turned to the side and I frequently catch myself grimacing. LOL.

this is the first time I actually got a good laugh about this episode. I agree about Lisa R's heavily supplemented lips and yes, they're similar to a shiny butt-hole, but even more like the back end of a female chimp in estrus. I like Lisa R when I'm only hearing her voice and not watching her.

• Love 3

I rewound Kyle's back fat and Lisa's sagging rump(y pumpy) many times. Thanks Bravo! That's the real I want to see in my real BH Housewives so much for the best plastic surgery money can buy!

I had Lyme disease. I passed all of the basic Lyme blood tests (ELISA) but a Western Blot test confirmed it. That's my PSA to you, don't rely on an ELISA test ask for a WB.

Yofo might be confusing lemons with Lymes (god I had it when someone calls it Lymes) there is a huge psych problem with her IMHO. Dragging your ass to a swanky luncheon with extraordinary flowers but looking like hell is a cry for attention. She was the big white elephant in the room. The maid, friend whoever can't put on your mascara and some Chapstick? Her girls are the "it" girls of the moment, she is menopausal , her marriage is falling apart how can this not be psychological?

I think this is cured Lyme, a middle aged crisis and a failed marriage, and grieving for her days as the it girl , and leaking implants.

Girl worked it on the runway way back when --is she working it now out of resentment that her husband is abandoning her so frequently and she wants his love attention (and a huge settlement )????

• Love 19

In all fairness to the Kim thread she did get arrested twice, got sued for her vicious dog attacking an old lady, her dog attacking her niece, a second wedding for her daughter filled with drama and had quite the cat and mouse game with rehab. I almost forgot the ##### inspirational messages from her ex husband Monty.  So much of her thread is her off screen antics.

Oh, I know she gave us all something to talk about, but imo, that thread turned into everybody repeatedly saying the same thing:  Kim is a waste of air.  Which is fine, and I might even agree, but it got boring (for me) to read. And I felt bad for the people who tried to express a different opinion. LOL.That's why I'm glad it was more or less contained to her thread.  It gave people a forum to relate their personal stories about addiction and I appreciated the stories and the info I gained but I come here mainly for the snark and the discussion about the show. I learned a lot from that thread but then it just got to be too much.  For me. We all go off on tangents, I might be doing that right now! but my attention span is short and I start just skimming posts when they pretty much start saying the same thing or are longer than 3 or 4 paragraphs.

• Love 10

If this season is gonna be all about Yolanda's illness I'll freakin jump off the balcony.  BH is my favorite franchise and this will ruin it for me.  This entire thread is even boring me.  It's ALL about illnesses and diseases.  Cripes.  

On the bright side, I caught a glimpse of Camille in the season preview.  Yay!!!!  I wish she would have come back full time.  Her little appearances here and there aren't enough to satisfy me.  I need her house and clothes porn.  Camille always delivers on that front.  Happy to see Adrienne will make an appearance as well. 

Were you able to see her earrings, please tell me you could see the earrings! 

Sigh, I think I miss her earrings most of all........

• Love 5

LOL!!  Unfortunately I wasn't looking so I didn't see.  I never paid attention to her earrings.  Now that's the first thing I'll look at! 

• Love 1

Lisa Rinna and Jax Taylor from Vanderpump Rules are the 2 reality stars I have a hard time looking at directly. It's not that I think they're unattractive, but they each have features that remind me of something unpleasant. Rinna's lips = a shiny butthole.  Jax's hairy jawline = a set of greasy, hairy, low hanging balls.  Sorry.

I have to watch both of them with my head turned to the side and I frequently catch myself grimacing. LOL.

Bwahhahahaa! Amazing how many women think it's attractive to have a shiny butthole on their faces. Sad too.
  • Love 6

I didn't recognize Kyle's top, and I should have. I use to pay close attention to the fashion on this show.

And you just helped me think of my one nice thing to say about Kyle this season:  I want that top and she looked beautiful in that scene.  That didn't hurt much.

this is the first time I actually got a good laugh about this episode. I agree about Lisa R's heavily supplemented lips and yes, they're similar to a shiny butt-hole, but even more like the back end of a female chimp in estrus. I like Lisa R when I'm only hearing her voice and not watching her.

LOL. When she opened Harry's gift and said, "OOOooooooh!"  and later when she kept saying "Oprah", all I could see was butthole. Please, no more scenes showing her, or a make-up artist applying shiny gloss to it.  I just hope she never gets on the brown lipstick trend that is happening now.

• Love 7

Yolanda was just another Hollywood trophy wife for David Foster. Maybe she realized that quickly after marrying him.

David Foster wants a sexy, young (healthy) woman on his arm at social functions and to show off. He doesn't want, or need a wife. David needs a beautiful woman to exhibit to others, one that stays home and entertains her rich friends while he's off traveling most of his time. He doesn't want his wife to question him about where he is or what he's doing.  He will always have a wife to conceal his philandering lifestyle and to feed his narcissistic needs. I don't think David Foster will be a bachelor for very long.

• Love 9

I have Systemic Lyme Disease. Diagnosed in '09. Anyway, Yolanda didn't look bad simply because she wasn't wearing make-up. She seems to be experiencing the classic swelling and inflammation caused by the bacteria. Her face and body looked bloated. I had the same thing. It was awful and I was unrecognizable. But when you're that sick, you really don't care what you look like. I couldn't drive either and only went to my Lyme doctor. So I lived in either sweats or pajamas the entire 2013 (when I began treatment). Many will question why Yolanda chose to do this show. I, on the other hand, applaud her. It must be difficult for so many reasons; but I know she's determined to keep raising awareness (especially since her two children have been diagnosed as well).

I'm not sure what Yolanda's motives are for continuing with the show, but I definitely don't doubt her illness. Yolanda has actually appeared on the show makeup-free before and looked quite beautiful. So it's not the fact that she showed up at the dinner without makeup, it's the fact that she looked ghastly doing it that's significant. Had she been healthy and makeup-free, I'm sure everyone would have thought she looked great.

• Love 6

I had to laugh when Lisa R got all excited about being on the "Where Are They Now?" episode.  She said this must mean she's made it...no Lisa, it means you're a has-been.

I never thought it about it that way but, you know, you're correct. No matter what else Rinna attempts -- scripted TV, stage, talk show -- she will first and forever be a loud, slightly nuts Real HW. And for some of us who read this board, she will also forever be a shiny butt hole.

• Love 1

Oh Yes- The Earrings! I love love love her jade pair.
  • Love 1

Speaking of jewelry......I loved the necklace Kyle was wearing on WWHL.  I even went to her store website to see if she got it from there but it wasn't on there.  Boohoo.

• Love 1

I'm going to be unpopular for this..but I like yolanda. Like Lisa v, I'm fascinated to see how she interacts with the other women considering she isn't from the United states or even beverly hills.

I still watch for the sociological elements..not for the contrived gstherings. I much like kyle white party cause its something she throws every year vs. Something thrown for the shoe.

• Love 5

My two cents : Yo, due to the huge amount of antibiotics she's taken, is now "infested"/"colonized" by candida albicans (I had that problem too and, before I found what it was -and that has been later confirmed by diverse analysis), my doctor tested me for Lyme, because a lot of symptoms are the same !

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 2