Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Life's A Pitch

• Start Topic

Regarding Yo stating that she wants to kill herself and only her kids are preventing her, I must chime in. My mother would say that to us since childhood. (She isn't very stable, growing up was rough). Hearing that, believe me, does not make one feel comfort. You become responsible for keeping your mother alive, a terrible burden for a child of any age. Children should not have to wonder if their mother will die/ disappear that day, or if you mess up in any way, that will cause them to go off the edge. In my opinion Yolanda said a terrible thing, a massively selfish thing, to get attention, with no regard to the trauma it would cause her kids. I speak from experience.

I agree with this and I would venture to add that I thought Yolanda's leaked e-mail to Bella following her DUI was riddled with narcissistic guilt tactics. It is hard for me to remember now, but it was all about her as a mother and how Bella's actions reflected on her. A lot of the phrases she used, and the general tone of the e-mail, really reminded me of my own narcissistic mother (who, yes, used the suicide card at times). I do feel Yolanda is great at presenting a facade for the world, but that there is a secret side to her as a mother that is not exactly lemons and almonds.

• Love 7

Yolanda isn't the first woman to make her kids feel guilty for messing up. My dad did this growing up, and he is pretty narcissistic come to think of it. But Yolanda's killing herself comment, while controversial, doesn't define her whole life as a mother. I personally think she is a great mother from what I've seen of her, and I'd LOVE for her to be my mom. My own mom never cared at all what I did or what happened to me. Though I totally understand that growing up with a mother that threatens suicide (borderline personality) must be horrible I don't think Yolanda is Borderline, I think she is sick and her life sucks and she is depressed and she is saying dumb things. Either way, shaming her doesn't make anything better. 

Team Yolanda!

• Love 1

For some reason I think I heard Yo state that the Condo she was in living in was David's. I believe that she said she was glad he had held on to it. Kinda weird tho…Why keep another residence so close?

Did I dream this???

• Love 1

For some reason I think I heard Yo state that the Condo she was in living in was David's. I believe that she said she was glad he had held on to it. Kinda weird tho…Why keep another residence so close?

Did I dream this???

The house is in Malibu, right? And the condo is in LA? I don't know, but what I have gleaned from these shows is that the distance is considerable and traffic is awful. Like Manhattan and Connecticut.

• Love 4

The house is in Malibu, right? And the condo is in LA? I don't know, but what I have gleaned from these shows is that the distance is considerable and traffic is awful. Like Manhattan and Connecticut.

Malibu to West LA/Culver City (PCH, 10 FWY, 405) is about 25 miles at 8AM it can take over an hour to drive,  If the PCH is out it's even longer because you have to take a canyon road east to the 101 and down to the 405 about 1.5-2 hours.

PCH can be a mess at times especially in the summer with beach visitors and tourists , also at commute times, and if it has been raining you can almost expect some mudslides and rock falls which block traffic. It is a 4 lane stretch of road, two lanes each way sometimes down to one lane. There is parallel parking on the land side and driveways into businesses and on the water side there are beach and business parking lots and also residential parking for beach houses who's garages face the road. There are stop lights, people suddenly stopping or waiting to park, people jaywalking, sometimes accidents, sometimes the road is blocked due to filming (a lot of car companies use North PCH in their commercials)

The longer stretches are nice to drive as long as you are not behind someone slow or who break at the slightest curve.

• Love 4

Thank you! That makes perfect sense. I must have lost brain function from that TIA I had…….!10 years ago!!! Har Har;-)

• Love 1

Yolanda is out of her lemon-lyme mind for blaming Bella's DUI on some disease she may not even have. SMH.

Not wearing make up was a calculated choice.

​Oh, yeah. She probably creamed her white jeans when she saw Ken commenting on how ill she looked, because I think that was exactly the reaction she was wanting.

I'll be interested in seeing David and Yolanda on this season.

So will I, much more so than seeing Yolanda's OTT displays of ailments and treatments.

Once again, Lisa V. rocks her tagline.

• Love 3

I never minded seeing Yolanda. But everything she does these da

Yolanda is out of her lemon-lyme mind for blaming Bella's DUI on some disease she may not even have. SMH.

​Oh, yeah. She probably creamed her white jeans when she saw Ken commenting on how ill she looked, because I think that was exactly the reaction she was wanting.

So will I, much more so than seeing Yolanda's OTT displays of ailments and treatments.

Once again, Lisa V. rocks her tagline.

I didn't mind watching Yolanda in earlier seasons but her over the top illnesses have become tedious to watch.

• Love 1

I don't think so at this point, someone here said she had the surgery in Aug., well after this episode was filmed.

I too went through menopause without anything/meds but I admit, my symptoms weren't that bad. My SIL was so bad that she went on HR for years and then when her Dr said no more meds her symptoms were worse!

Oh PLEASE don't say that. My menopausal hot flashes have been life crippling. I change clothes (pj's) 4 times a day. I'm trying HRT and am having a bit of relief. I have cried at doctor's appointments because they are so bad, I just stay home. It's going on 4 years!!!

I love, love Lisa V. She just seems so happy.

• Love 2

Oh PLEASE don't say that. My menopausal hot flashes have been life crippling. I change clothes (pj's) 4 times a day. I'm trying HRT and am having a bit of relief. I have cried at doctor's appointments because they are so bad, I just stay home. It's going on 4 years!!!

I love, love Lisa V. She just seems so happy.

It helps to gradually withdraw off the HRT, slowly, very slowly, but you will still have to go throught it. I hope it is easier for you than it was for my SIL, everyone reacts differently.

I am currently going through surgically-induced menopause. I am often suddenly hot, am dealing with sadness from this sudden change, and short-temperedness from hormonal changes. I am often low on energy, and my brain is kind of foggy.

Menopause.

Whatever else Yolanda is dealing with, I am firmly of the belief that she is experiencing menopause. At the exact moment her daughters are being celebrated for their youthful beauty.

I am adjusting to my changes, because I am raising four kids, and life goes on. I am happy to be alive, and going through this is a small price to pay for that privilege.

I think all of Yolanda's money, resources, and health advocates, and adoring fans responding to her Instagram are keeping her from figuring out what is going on, acknowledging it, then going about the business of being alive.

Edited by Emme
  • Love 4