Type keyword(s) to search

What Would Your Drag Name Be?

• Start Topic

If you guys were drag queens, what would you want as your drag name?  What would your drag persona be?  I've probably given this too much thought!  At first I liked a couple of gross-out names including Flo Menzies (and her German counterpart, Lotta Klotz).  I then thought that I'd like a Bond Girl-type name and I came up with Pussy Gadzooks.  Finally, I decided on a character that would not only suit my muscular physique but also reflect my adoration for the type of women I saw on "Hee Haw" when I was growing up.  Her name is Burlene Tucker and she's a big-boned gal who likes clog dancing, denim cut-offs and classic country music. I envision her as Jethro Clampett in Elly May's clothes because that's what I would look like if I was a drag queen.  It wouldn't be pretty.

• Love 4
(edited)

I had a discussion with my loved one just recently and realized the two streets that made the intersection near my childhood home would be perfect: Tuckahoe Central. Sounds whorish enough and it has a bit of a New York flair that's needed. I'm considering a comma between the two.

Edited: for better English. 

Edited by Pazz
  • Love 6

Wanda Bread (exceptionally white, and filled with all sorts of chemicals!) and my persona would probably be along the lines of Varla Jean Simmons, with a dash of Pandora Boxx thrown in.

Hi all, had to make an account just to answer this question. I've had a couple kicking around my head. One of my favorites is 'Faye B. Lous,' I don't have a super well rounded character for her but I could see playing her as a super vapid, incredibly dim girl, but I don't think I'm smart enough to pull dim off like Joslyn, or even Adore. Another kinda fun option I thought of could be 'Lotta Wood' but I'm 90% sure I stole that from somewhere. The last one worth mentioning is Lili Dieter, (based off of the song 'Lmade up in the style of pin-up/classy 60's sex icon in the style of Marlene Dietrich, not that I could ever serve that kind of look but it's a fun idea. I'm not sure how I would play the personality up but there's almost no chance I'd ever do drag anyway so eh.

I spend wayyyyy to much time thinking about this kind of stuff. I have a taste for all things retro (observe my icon! Marlene Dietrich, as mentioned by YellsAlot in the post above) so my pick for a drag name is Mildred Fierce. She would be arch, campy, drunk all the time and filthy rich. A little bit Sunset Boulevard and a little bit Grey Gardens. Turbans and kimonos and martinis, oh my.

• Love 4

I envision her as Jethro Clampett in Elly May's clothes because that's what I would look like if I was a drag queen.  It wouldn't be pretty.

Oh Burlene, you'd be fab! Now remember, during the first season or two of The Beverley Hillbillies Max Baer Jr. also played his twin sister Jethrine and she was divine!

• Love 4

Taking part of the name of the theme song to the anime within the anime of my favorite anime:

Puru Rin

Your typical school girl with an obsession for anime and manga with a penchant for cosplay.

I have a coworker who performed as Lorna Doone (who knows Pandora, Darienne, and Kasha, and thinks she'd be better than all of them).  If I were her drag-daughter (which would be funny since I'm over a decade older), I could choose Sandy Doone or go the cookie route with Vienna Fingers.  However, since I would like to have a sociological/political bent to my style similar to the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence (including beard), I would choose Levitica so I could take that horrible bible book and turn it 180 degrees to celebrate my freakiness.

• Love 2

Bear with me, I've had a long week:

I'm watching this week's Arrow and the sentence popped into my head:

"My drag name would be Hair to the Demon."

I'm sorry.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm contemplating exploring drag - I have been since I was 16, well before the show aired - and I've had a few thoughts: Adriana Drescher (a combination of Adriana LaCerva from The Sopranos and Fran Drescher); Adriana LaCervix (again, from Drea DeMatteo's character on The Sopranos); Jaclyn Veronique Bustamante (long story, but you can probably picture such a character); Ariel Ciccone (combination of Ariel from The Little Mermaid and Madonna's surname); Tori Anus (self-explanatory); Bridget Ann Tunnel ("bridge and tunnel"); Lincoln Tunnels; Cabiria Ciccone (from Fellini's Nights of Cabiria and Madonna's surname); _____ Magnani (from Anna Magnani.) 

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 1

Legs Akimbo, then I could have children: Knees and Arms.

And let me add, after a misheard word conversation with my brother, another drag name.

"Please welcome to the stage, Sir Francis Vegan!"

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, littlewonder said:

I'm pretty fluid with gender so if I were a Queen, it would be Lauren Order.  As a king, I'd represent Canada with Queefer Sutherland.

I don't find that drag and roller derby names often overlap, but there is a derby ref in my area named Loren Order.