Type keyword(s) to search

Wish Upon a Star: Who Would You Like To See On DWTS?

• Start Topic

I unsuccessfully scanned the thread to see (and give credit if necessary) if any previous posters mentioned this person. The PenaVega's have been badgering the actress, Italia Ricci on social media recently (from the cancelled Chasing Life on ABC Family) to try DWTS. Their pitch was simply "If Busey can do it..."

Nothing really to add other than she's an acting "free agent" at the moment so the scheduling could work, she looks tailor made for Val, and she'd be relatively interchangeable w/ any PLL female actresses the showrunners may or may not have their eyes on for next season. 

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

Val needs a "pretty actress" break, if you ask me. We sort of got that with Tamar, but not enough, as he was on a pretty solid clip of actress after actress. I'd like to see him get an athlete. I don't think he's had one yet. Or maybe another Sherri Shepherd-esque comedianne. (Unless we get the Mowrys, then he can have one of them.) 

I'd still wouldn't mind Kacy Catanzaro with Sasha. If we're going with social media induced rumors, they were tweeting each other at the end of the season wanting to be partners for S22. Someone on Twitter also threw out Tara Lipinsky as a Sasha partner, which could be interesting. I'd like to get a tiny person for Sasha. Would Kristin Chenoweth ever do it?

Someone on Twitter also threw out Tara Lipinsky as a Sasha partner, which could be interesting. I'd like to get a tiny person for Sasha. Would Kristin Chenoweth ever do it?

How about Sasha squared?

Sasha Cohen I mean :) she would definitely be an uber ringer, but I used to enjoy her skating immensely: her lines were the best in the world for sure, eclipsing even most if not all ice dancers. And she was almost unnaturally flexible lol

• Love 2

Dave Grohl is coming off a fairly serious broken leg so he may not be physically able (if he ever was considering it lol)

And Sutton Foster is a Broadway star. I'm sure she would be a ridiculous ringerific ringer.

Wasn't Sutton Foster rumored to be Derek's original partner for Season 20 but she had to bail and Nastia came in at the last minute? Did I just make that up?

I'd like to get a tiny person for Sasha. Would Kristin Chenoweth ever do it?

*coughringercough*

Does she have more than Broadway and performing experience? Because I'm not sure that automatically makes her more of a ringer than a gymnast with ballet training, ice dancers, or dance-trained pop stars. I know she's talked about having a disease that affects her inner ear and causes vertigo and nausea.  She also suffered a neck injury a couple years ago that sh often talks about flaring up.  It might be more difficult for her than people think.

But at 4'11" she'd be a good height match for Sasha (though I couldn't find any source on how tall he is but he dances with the pro dancers all the time and they're definitely not that short).

Wasn't Sutton Foster rumored to be Derek's original partner for Season 20 but she had to bail and Nastia came in at the last minute? Did I just make that up?

You didn't make it up, she was Internet-rumored to be. But he gave some interview I saw somewhat recently and he said it was someone from GMA, or some similar New York morning show.

If I could ...

Lamar Odom
El DeBarge
Claudia Jordan
Colin Kaepernick
Ariadna Gutierrez (Miss Colombia 2015)
Kylie Jenner
Tahj Mowry
Taimak
Victor Cruz
Joseline Hernandez
Kelly Rowland
Chante Moore
Shari Belafonte
Tyson Beckford
Tatiana Ali
Lisa Bonet
Naomi Campbell
Shelia E
Kathy Griffin
Adrienne Bailon
Russell Wilson
Chelsea Clinton
Grace Jones

Little Richard

Johnny Mathis

Lourdes Leon

Kristinia DeBarge

TJ Jackson

Chudney Ross

Edited by ReadyFTW

If I could ...

Lamar Odom

El DeBarge

Claudia Jordan

Colin Kaepernick

Ariadna Gutierrez (Miss Colombia 2015)

Kylie Jenner

Tahj Mowry

Taimak

Victor Cruz

Joseline Hernandez

Kelly Rowland

Chante Moore

Shari Belafonte

Tyson Beckford

Tatiana Ali

Lisa Bonet

Naomi Campbell

Shelia E

Kathy Griffin

Adrienne Bailon

Russell Wilson

Chelsea Clinton

Grace Jones

Little Richard

Johnny Mathis

Lourdes Leon

Kristinia DeBarge

TJ Jackson

Chudney Ross

I think as long as her Mom's still in the running for the Democrats, Chelsea Clinton will probably be otherwise engaged on the campaign trail trying to help her win the nomination, & therefore too busy to do DWTS. Plus, she's currently pregnant with her second child--though I think she isn't due until around the time of the Democratic National Convention.

Since he did a pretty good Limbo on the Today show, I would love to see swimmer Anthony Ervin, who won Gold in his event in the 2000 Summer Olympics and just won it again for the same event in Rio compete, preferably with Emma, Whitney or Sharna.

18 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Since he did a pretty good Limbo on the Today show, I would love to see swimmer Anthony Ervin, who won Gold in his event in the 2000 Summer Olympics and just won it again for the same event in Rio compete, preferably with Emma, Whitney or Sharna.

Ah, I would love that, he's my top Olympic crush. I also wouldn't mind some Nathan Adrian. 

I was wishing for Simone Manuel, but then realized she's still swimming at Stanford, which I'd imagine ix-nays any chances of her dropping NCAA eligibility by doing a silly dancing show. True for a lot of the women swimmer "stars" this Olympics, Katie Ledecky has declared she's keeping NCAA eligibility and is headed to Stanford, Lilly King is at Indiana. 

7 hours ago, PBGamer89 said:

I know it's too soon but i wanna see one of the USA Gymnastics girls like Laurie or Simone.

Those are my top two choices from the gymnastics team too! I'm sure Simone is in if she wants it, and I'd love to see her with Sasha. I do imagine if we see one of them them we might see them in the Spring season, like Shawn and Aly. I looked up the gymnastic tour schedule and it seems like a pretty intense pace until November. I know Meryl and Charlie made it work, but it seems like courting injury to try and pack it all in. (And selfishly, as a viewer, I like watching the cast gel with each other, and that always feels lacking when someone signs on but has too much other commitments.) 

Edited by kitcloudkicker
18 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

If anything they might get a non-gymnast Olympian for this fall. Maybe Katie Ledecky?

Headed to Stanford http://summergames.ap.org/article/what-next-katie-ledecky-its-college 

I doubt she'd defer a semester and it seems like taking money for a dance show would screw up your NCAA eligibility. 

The only way there's a female swimmer I think is if it's one of the older ones, out of NCAA competition. Like Dana Volmer could do it, though unknown if they'd see her as enough of a draw?

On 8/14/2016 at 1:23 AM, PBGamer89 said:

I know it's too soon but i wanna see one of the USA Gymnastics girls like Laurie or Simone.

How about a non-traditional Olympian?  She wouldn't work for Sasha but Women's shot put Gold Medal winner Michelle Carter could do it.   She's a beautful girl with an outgoing personality.  http://shotdiva.com/

• Love 7

Just as long as it's not Michael Phelps. I've been over him since Beijing, when a woman (I think Rebecca Soni, but could have been Natalie Coughlin) won gold and the ONLY question the reporter asked her was what she thought of Michael Phelps. Seriously, *she* just won a medal, let's talk about *her*! I know it's completely unfair of me, since he doesn't dictate what reporters say, but still. I dreaded London becoming the Phelps show, and was disappointed he changed his mind about Rio. I'm objectively happy for his success, and subjectively glad he's finally (I hope) off my TV.

• Love 1

So PureDWTS is reporting that NBC might've spoiled the fact that Laurie Hernandez could be doing DWTS this season on one of their social media platform's tonight.

http://www.puredwts.com/2016/08/16/puredwts-season-23-cast-rumors-watchout-did-nbc-just-reveal-that-laurie-hernandez-is-dancing-this-season/

If it turns out to be true, I'm thinking Mark might be back on teen duty...

On 8/14/2016 at 10:30 PM, kitcloudkicker said:

Headed to Stanford http://summergames.ap.org/article/what-next-katie-ledecky-its-college 

I doubt she'd defer a semester and it seems like taking money for a dance show would screw up your NCAA eligibility. 

The only way there's a female swimmer I think is if it's one of the older ones, out of NCAA competition. Like Dana Volmer could do it, though unknown if they'd see her as enough of a draw?

Funny you should mention Dana Volmer. She reminded me so much of Ginger from last season. Like how many times do you need to tell us you just had a baby? LOL

On 8/14/2016 at 1:10 PM, DollEyes said:

Either Simone Biles or Laurie Hernandez would be great with Sasha, since all three are basically the same size. 

Well Simone showed us last night she can definitely move!! Laurie Hernandez is cute, but please, no more minors on the show. Surely they can find someone over 18.

So PureDWTS is reporting that NBC might've spoiled the fact that Laurie Hernandez could be doing DWTS this season on one of their social media platform's tonight.

I enjoyed watching Laurie Hernandez at the Olympics, but my first reaction to this was "... another Olympic gymnast?". No shade at Laurie, it's just that we get an Olympic gymnast every year. I don't know. I'm just not super jazzed about the idea. Probably because all the gymnasts blend together for me, and often get pigeonholed into more athletic, tumbly routines than actual dances (which is only exacerbated by the addition of things like jazz, freestyle, contemporary, and all the other non-ballroom dances they like to throw in now).

5 hours ago, simplyme said:

Especially not Ryan Lochte. He comes across as dumber than a box of rocks in interviews

Aw, but I find him an inexplicably endearing box of rocks. He's like the human equivalent of a big dumb lab. I mean, sure he chewed through the cushions on the couch and then ate an actual tennis ball, but he's so confused about why you're mad at him because he's just so excited that you're home and, hey, do you have a tennis ball?

I mean look at that face

Edited by kitcloudkicker
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, pally said:

No swimmers...they spend so much time in the water that they are usually klutzes on dry land

Natalie Coughlin seemed to be a decent dancer during her season. Unfortunately I don't think she had the fan base to keep her in because I remember her being eliminated early for a decent dancer. 

Though I'm a huge Laurie Hernandez fan, I think she's super cute and talented and she's even from my hometown (not claiming I know her, but it's exciting to have someone from your hometown in the Olympics) I seriously can't stand when someone who's under 18 is on the show. Even when it was Whitney and Cody, and their age gap was only a couple of years, the edit/framing is always so weird and distracting. The only under 18 contestant I was ever a fan of was Zendaya, and even then, if she was 18 and was able to do dances without thinking about her age, those dances could have been even better. If Laurie continues with gymnastics i bet she'll be on the team in 2020 so I'm sure she can be on the show then. Just wait until the girls 18 for the love of God.

If it's going to be anyone from the team, I hope it's Gabby. She deserves some good press and now that this whole Ryan Lochte thing has blown up a lot of the heat is off her. If she plays it right she can really sway her image back to a positive light. 

16 hours ago, PTVjones said:

If it's going to be anyone from the team, I hope it's Gabby. She deserves some good press and now that this whole Ryan Lochte thing has blown up a lot of the heat is off her. If she plays it right she can really sway her image back to a positive light. 

I'd like to see Gabby as well. All her bad press was undeserved, and it would be nice for her to have a chance to make things right. I have a feeling that dwts are probably salivating at the prospect of getting Lochte instead though. They always want some controversial punk for ratings, and he certainly fits the bill.

On 8/17/2016 at 6:17 PM, pally said:

No swimmers...they spend so much time in the water that they are usually klutzes on dry land

Not necessarily. Based on what I saw of Anthony Ervin's Limbo on The Today Show, I think he's got potential and with the right partner, could go far. 

Especially not Ryan Lochte. He comes across as dumber than a box of rocks in interviews

I'd much rather see a box of rocks on this show than Ryan Lochte.

Laurie Hernandez is cute, but please, no more minors on the show. Surely they can find someone over 18.

Simone Biles is 19. 

I would like to see track star Alyson Felix (who's a 5-time Olympic Gold medal winner),  Decathalon Gold medal winner Ashton Eaton or his wife, Bronze medal winner Heptathalete Brienne compete. 

Edited by DollEyes

It's looking more and more like Simone Biles may do DWTS at some point, just not for this fall season. My money is still on Laurie....although I think it'd be interesting if they actually chose Madison Kocian, who's sort of the forgotten member of the Final 5. She's also not a minor, which will thrill a certain segment of the viewing population.

I second the Ashton Eaton suggestion, but for a non-traditional dancer/athlete what about Ryan Crouser (Shotput Gold Medalist)? He's like 6'8 so you'd almost need to bring in Hayley to help out the height disparity a little bit. One other name from Track and Field to look out for is Vashti Cunningham (daughter of NFL QB great Randall Cunningham) who will go for gold in the High Jump tomorrow. She just barely snuck into the finals......but she's a gorgeous and photogenic 18 or 19 year old who is skipping college to go pro (iirc) so she wouldn't be like some of the swimmers and divers who are immediately heading back into their college student athlete lives.

If we weren't coming off of a season where Paige Van Zant was one of the central figures......I'd say one of our female gold medalists in the combat sports like Kayla Harrison in judo, Helen Maroulis in wrestling (in one of the upsets of the entire Olympics), or probably Clarissa Shields in boxing would be right up the casting alley.

For someone non-Olympian, and newly connected to ABC.....what about Kelsea Ballerini? Sort of Taylor Swift 2 or 3.0 and she recently finished her co-hosting gig on Greatest Hits. We haven't had anyone from the country music world since Kellie Pickler....and that turned out pretty okay.

On 8/19/2016 at 9:12 AM, boyznkatz said:

I'd like to see Gabby as well. All her bad press was undeserved, and it would be nice for her to have a chance to make things right. I have a feeling that dwts are probably salivating at the prospect of getting Lochte instead though. They always want some controversial punk for ratings, and he certainly fits the bill.

I doubt Lochte would do the show... as I'm almost certain he thinks he's too big for the show. If he does, I feel bad for whatever female pro gets him that's for certain. I don't care if he's the next Fred Astaire, I would never vote for him, ever. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, PTVjones said:

I doubt Lochte would do the show... as I'm almost certain he thinks he's too big for the show. If he does, I feel bad for whatever female pro gets him that's for certain. I don't care if he's the next Fred Astaire, I would never vote for him, ever. 

No kidding.  It would make me glad that Kym and Anna dodged a bullet by not being on the show anymore, although Anna would probably revert to her original show personality and kick his ass to the moon and back the second he got out of line.

I don't think we will see Ryan Lochte until AFTER the obligatory stint in rehab.  I picture him in a last ditch effort to save his endorsements announcing that he is heading to rehab to solve his drinking problem.  Then he'll come on DWTS to show the "new" and improved him.

• Love 1

I really wish they would get Fu Yuanhi, the Chinese swimmer. She is adorable, and would probably do it. Allyson Felix or Simone Manuel would be nice as well. I really wish they wouldn't get a gymnast or wrestler. I'm pretty tired of them. 

• Love 1

For an internet "celebrity" or media figure, I'd go with John Barnett, aka "Foster Dad John" on Livestream. He has a good sense of humor and his cat fostering videos have tons of fans. Nostalgia factor, I'd go with Allison Arngrim, the actress who played Nellie Oleson on Little House on the Prairie. And musician/ parodist Al Yankovic might say yes. Other unlikely but fun choices: George Takei, Neil Degrasse Tyson, Terrry O'Quinn and Iron Chef Alex Guarnischelli. YES to Michelle Carter as the Olympic pick! She seems like she'd be gracious and have fun on the show.

On August 20, 2016 at 0:16 AM, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

It's looking more and more like Simone Biles may do DWTS at some point, just not for this fall season. My money is still on Laurie....although I think it'd be interesting if they actually chose Madison Kocian, who's sort of the forgotten member of the Final 5. She's also not a minor, which will thrill a certain segment of the viewing population.

I would love it if Madison Kocian did it as she's the most graceful of the Final Five and her floor routine shows a decent amount of dance ability. However, I doubt that she would since she's already committed to UCLA.

Pretty sure Simone Biles has said she would like to do it, so perhaps spring season for her? I also wouldn't mind if Gabby did it, but I'm afraid of any potential social media backlash too.

As for Olympic swimmers, what about Missy Franklin? She just gave up NCAA eligibility and has a wonderful attitude despite an uncharacteristic showing in Rio this year. They'd have to find an extremely tall partner for her though.

Edited by Victura
  • Love 3

This is kind of random, but I'm really loving Hollywood Medium with Tyler Henry on E! and think he's just adorable, warm and charismatic (and I'm usually not at all interested in psychics/mediums).  He might be a fun contestant.  I guess he's not all that well known, though.  

Otherwise I'm having trouble coming up with ideas this season for who I'd like to see. 

I don't care of Gabby does the show or not, she's a wonderful gymnast, I enjoyed watching her, she was unfairly treated in the media, I would hate for the backlash to continue. Laurie is absolutely adorable, but I'd rather she wait until she's 18, there were lots of track and field medalists that I'd enjoy seeing. So many athletes to choose from...

12 hours ago, Victura said:

As for Olympic swimmers, what about Missy Franklin? She just gave up NCAA eligibility and has a wonderful attitude despite an uncharacteristic showing in Rio this year. They'd have to find an extremely tall partner for her though.

Missy has said she was planning to return to college in order to finish her degree so she probably won't be available

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but just read that...

Spoiler

Amber Rose, Kanye West ex-girlfriend and currently has her own show on VH1,

...just signed on to be apart of the cast. If this is true... I have serious doubts about this cast. 

5 hours ago, PTVjones said:

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not, but just read that...

Hide contents

...just signed on to be apart of the cast. If this is true... I have serious doubts about this cast. 

I think you're referring to a writeup on that fansite which shall remain nameless.  IMO they throw every rumor against the wall so that whatever sticks, they can say they called it first.    But on the rumor itself, I'm not enthused. Ha! I wonder what they'd say she was best known for....well, I'll just leave it there.