Type keyword(s) to search

Wish Upon a Star: Who Would You Like To See On DWTS?

• Start Topic

We need a thread to post about the stars we'd like to see cast on upcoming seasons!

I will be giving myself away as a child of the 80's with the few that popped into my head today.  I'd love to see Dee Snider from Twisted Sister on this show.  He's done other reality shows and I think he is a personable, charismatic man.  I'd love to see him hit the ballroom and see what he could do!

Another man that came to mind is Rick Springfield.  According to Wikipedia he is now 65 years old - that doesn't seem possible.

For women, I can't believe they have never had even one of the "girls" from The Facts of Life on this show yet.  I'd love to see any of the four - Lisa Welchel, Nancy McKeon, Mindy Cohn, or Kim Fields.  As tempting as it may be for TPTB, I would prefer they not take my suggestion of a woman from The Facts of Life to mean that I'd like them to bring in 88-year-old Charlotte Rae and partner her up with Tristan.  But I'd love to see Mrs. Garrett in the audience cheering one of her girls on!

Remember when Jamie Lee Curtis always used to be in the audience?  Where did she go?  Why haven't they ever convinced her to do the show, since she's obviously a big fan?

And my last suggestion for now is someone who is not a star by a long shot, but that hasn't stopped TPTB from casting people before.  I would love to see Ernestine Shepherd on the show.  She is 77 or 78 and is the oldest competitive female bodybuilder out there right now.  I have heard her say that she believes her calling/ministry (she's active in her church, which I can give or take) is to bring the idea of staying and/or getting fit and healthy to older women.  She run/walks miles every day and teaches fitness classes, so I suspect she is an older person  who would be able to do the physical stuff just fine, unlike some of the other seniors they've had on the show. 

(edited)

After seeing Diana Nyad on this show, I kinda want to see Barbara Cochran from Shark Tank on. I doubt that she has the moves. I will also accept QVC Queen Lori Greiner if she's available. I assume that it'd be easier to get an ABC/ESPN/Disney related person to be on this show. Thinking in that sense here are some considerations from that pool:

David Henrie - After seeing the How I Met Your Mother finale I saw David as a kid and then saw him today. Wowza. He's also going to be in a film called Walt Before Mickey which he could promote as he gets on this show. Then if we could get Selena Gomez in the audience? Possible trainwreck gold.

Hayden Panettiere - Again, an above average get. Clearly has some musicality and if someone can be from Glee or High School Musical, Hayden should be fine. She may also be able to get fans of Heroes if production could get her in a cheerleader outfit.

Vanessa Lachey or Brenda Song - If Dads doesn't get renewed both of these women would have open ability to compete. I'd also be happy to see Nick supporting Vanessa in the audience. Both would also bring in the Asian-American market which I think still needs more celebrities on this show.

Nigella Lawson (The Taste) or Carla Hall (The Chew) - I think we need another chef on this show. In my head Carla has more rhythm, but imagine the "cry week" possibilities of Nigella talking about the whole choking/divorce story? Also if Carla could "hootie hoo" once, I'll be happy.

Vanessa Lengies - I'm biased, I loved her as Sugar on Glee. Vanessa deserves bigger and better than the roles she's booked. I think this could be great exposure for her and still bring back some of the Glee fans that Amber brought.

Edited: Because Nick's wife is not Brenda Song. Also, English.

Edited by Pazz
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'd def be down with Vanessa, Brenda, or David.

I'd also love to see Cassie Scerbo or Josie Loren from Make It Or Break It, or any of the girls from Pretty Little liars. The show has connections to those shows now through Candace Cameron and Brant D. Cassie or Josie would probably be more likely, and I think they'd both rock it. Either one of them with Val would be amazing!!

I've wanted to see one of the Mowery sisters on here forever. I'll take either, I like them both.

One of the guys from College Game Day! Erin needs to convince one of them to do the show. Except Corso, keep him away.

Miss America 2013 Mallory Hagan would be great. I follow her on twitter and know she wants to do the show. She grew up dancing, but not ballroom. She would have some natural talent though, and is really personable and down to earth, at least she is via twitter. I bet the audience would connect with her. She knows Chris Harrison, so there is another ABC connection.

Edited by pumpkinspice

I'd def be down with Vanessa, Brenda, or David.

Me too. Especially David and Brenda. And I would love to see Lucas Grabeel or Max Adler on.

And the Mowery sisters would be great as well.

Maybe some martial artist? I watched Surf Ninjas recently and Ernie Reyes Jr. could be fun.

I'd love to see Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer's Brenda Lee Johnson) on, with her husband, Kevin Bacon, in the audience. I have no idea if she can dance, but I'd think she'd be fun.

• Love 2

Rick Springfield was on Hot in Cleveland not too long ago and I don't recall thinking that he as 65. Wow. He'd be a good choice, as mentioned.

Also John Stamos.

Stevie Nicks. Just throwing it out there.

Who was the Wonder Years kid? Fred Savage? Yeah, him.

Another Spice Girl wouldn't be tur-ble, imo.

• Love 1

One of the Duggars. Maybe Josh or Michelle.

It will never happen, of course, because I'm sure the Duggars think that DWTS is a den of sin and depravity. Poor Josh would be defrauded by the sexy female pros slinking around him.

....I need this.

• Love 3

Kevin James because he did a better poledance on King of Queens than Leah Remini, so I'm thinking he might be a sleeper.

Justine "the other Bateman" Bateman because I always loved her and because it lessens the chance that they'll invite Tina Yothers or Brian Bonsall.

Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos in the same season.

Peter DeLuise because I miss him.

And because I always like the NFL players and Seattle's my hometown, I'm going to say Richard Sherman. I think Erin would enjoy that as well.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm a Stargate fan, I'd love to see some sci-fi actors give DWTS a try.  

Number one choice is Amanda Tapping.  She's played not one, but two of the smartest women on TV (Sam Carter on Stargate, Helen Magnus on Sanctuary).  All reports are that she's a lovely, congenial, outgoing person. Amanda would be a lot of fun.

Also a lot of fun is Christopher Judge (Teal'c on Stargate).  He's a big, strong guy who played a gruff taciturn alien but who is a huge cut-up in real life.  He'd be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

The two of them together on one season would be a laugh a minute.

And, in the last season of Stargate SG-1, they did a tongue in cheek joke about DWTS.  It's definitely time for a couple of Gaters in the ballroom.

Edited by Woodrose
  • Love 1

Remember when Jamie Lee Curtis always used to be in the audience?  Where did she go?  Why haven't they ever convinced her to do the show, since she's obviously a big fan?

Because as big a fan as she is, she simply isn't interested in doing the show.  As she once put it, "They've knocked on the door many times, but no one's ever been home."

Nigella Lawson (The Taste) or Carla Hall (The Chew) - I think we need another chef on this show. In my head Carla has more rhythm, but imagine the "cry week" possibilities of Nigella talking about the whole choking/divorce story? Also if Carla could "hootie hoo" once, I'll be happy.

Nigella would be a problem -- wasn't she banned from the US recently due to drug charges?

I've posted this many times on TWoP, but we need a baseball player on DwTS.  It's not going to happen with an active player, because the baseball season straddles both the Fall and Spring DwTS seasons.  So, then a retired player.  I know he's polarizing for some people, but I always thought Nomar Garciaparra (ex-Red Sox shortstop) would mesh well with the DwTS demo.  Plus his wife is Mia Hamm.  George Brett, the best Kansas City Royal ever, would also float my boat, but he's 61 and apparently has some orthopedic issues.  But he does have some current cred because the Lorde song "Royal" was inspired by his picture.  

I would die if they could ever get Pedro Martinez (soon to be a Hall of Fame pitcher), but I"m probably dreaming there.

• Love 5

One of the Duggars. Maybe Josh or Michelle.

It will never happen, of course, because I'm sure the Duggars think that DWTS is a den of sin and depravity. Poor Josh would be defrauded by the sexy female pros slinking around him.

....I need this.

Hahahahahaha!! Let's pair Josh with Peta. With the little clothing she wears, They would stroke out.

• Love 1

I love the baseball player idea and I'd get behind Nomar for sure. I think I heard Jason Varitek's wife mention that she'd like to see Jason on there but I can't see him doing it. 

• Love 1

For some reason, I can see Nomar agreeing to do it more than Jason Varitek.  Jason is busy working as a special assistant to the Red Sox GM.  I'm not sure what Nomar is up to.

What about Javier Lopez, great retired player who is still in good shape. Also adorable!

I assume you mean the former Braves catcher and not the current Giants pitcher?  I always get them confused!  Anyway, sure, I could go for Javy Lopez.  I agree he's cute and if I'm remembering correctly, has kind of a cuddly personality?

• Love 1

I definitely don't want Johnny or Tara. I'd love Michelle Kwan or Sasha Cohen. I love them though :D

I would still Love Nastia Liukin.

And Seeing John Barrowman at the show tonight, well I can watch him entertain me 24/7. I Know he did Skating with stars in England or whatever it's called but seeing him dance would be fun.

Any of the regulars form Buffy the vampire slayer or Angel

I'd love a season of ringers from skaters, gymnast and actual famous music stars. But have all or mostly newer pros.

• Love 3

Maybe some martial artist? I watched Surf Ninjas recently and Ernie Reyes Jr. could be fun.

I love Surf Ninjas. That would be amazing.

My wish list is as follows

1. Eliza Dushku
  2. One of the Smith children, maybe the one who is not Jaden or Willow.
  3. The Mowry's (Tia, Tamera, or Taj)
  4. The oldest brother from Home Improvement
  5. Ashley Simpson
  6. New York (from Flavor of Love but bless the soul who would be her partner)
  7. Shaggy (remember that reggae singer from the 90's and early 00's)
  8. Michelle Kwan
  9. Any NBA player, I feel like I've never seen an NBA player on the shower
  10. That quarterback that won the superbowl this year Russel Wilson

There have been 3 NBA players. Clyde Drexler who was partnered with Elena Grinenko (season 3 or 4 perhaps?), Rick Fox who was partnered with Cheryl and Metta World Peace who was Peta's first partner (they were eliminated first and then Peta was partnered with Donald Driver of the Green Bay Packers the following season and that's the season she won).

Baseball is the only of the big 4 pro sports that's hasn't had a representative? I would like to see that. How about a MLB star.. Landen Donaven maybe?

Maybe someone from Boy Meets World it seems about time for 90s nostalgiaup

• Love 1

Since we don't have a DWTS Canada, I'd like to see Patrick Chan. The ensuing drama would be hilarious, and we could have a drinking game based on how often he manages to slip on the wood floor. 

• Love 2

I wish someone from Boy Meets World would do the show! And it would be great timing, as Girl Meets World is about to start up. Maybe Rider Strong or Will...the one who played Eric, I can't remember his last name. My preference would be Matthew Lawrence, but he dated Cheryl and I don't think they ended on a good note. So that's probably a no. lol

Love the idea of a baseball player, too. If die if they could get one of the most well known Braves players. Chipper Jones, John Smoltz, Greg Maddox, or Tom Glavin. Any one of them would have my votes!!

• Love 1

I  was also thinking of Carla Hall!  How about Tom Colicchio? (ha) 

I think the cast of Castle at the same time would be funny: Kate, Castle, Esposito, Ryan and Lainey.  I don't remember their real names.  But I'd be happy if they just had Esposito.

How about Heidi Klum? She'd bring some sparkle and sass.  I'm trying to picture Maks partnered with her.

Jump ahead to 2017: Michele Obama - why not?

Will Friedle is Eric from Boy Meets World. He does a lot of voice over work now. Will barely even shows up to BMW reunions, I doubt he would do the show. You know who I bet would though, the little sister... either one of them it doesn't matter haha.

I assume you mean the former Braves catcher and not the current Giants pitcher? I always get them confused! Anyway, sure, I could go for Javy Lopez. I agree he's cute and if I'm remembering correctly, has kind of a cuddly personality?

Yep! And cuddly is a perfect description!

@pumpkinspice I love the idea of the pitchers!! Greg Maddox always seemed shy to me so it would be nice to see him loosen up a bit! I can just imagine Smoltzie! He would be a hoot!

• Love 1
(edited)

And seeing John Barrowman at the show tonight, well I can watch him entertain me 24/7. I Know he did Skating with stars in England or whatever it's called but seeing him dance would be fun.

John Barrowman competed in and won the Strictly Come Dancing (UK) Christmas Special a couple of years ago (which has no counterpart in the US, unfortunately), and you might still be able to find that on YouTube if you do a search.  He has said that he'd be open to doing a full regular season there, so that version would probably snap him up before ours did.

Jump ahead to 2017: Michele Obama - why not?

For the same reason that Tom Delay and Bristol Palin were considered personae non gratae when they did the show a few years ago: Too many political overtones.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2

How about Heidi Klum? She'd bring some sparkle and sass.  I'm trying to picture Maks partnered with her.

I think Heidi would break Maks the first time he tried any of his crap with her .... while she will embrace the sparkle she is one tough lady and won't put up with his tantrums/temper.

Keeping it in the Project Runway family, I would love to see the divine Tim Gunn.

• Love 5

I'd tune in for the absolute drama and chaos that Manny Ramirez would bring. I have a serious love/hate relationship with the guy but I'd watch just to see if he takes off to pee in the middle of a dance.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Speaking of baseball drama and chaos, how about Barry Bonds??  

For total weirdness there's always Dennis Rodman. But maybe he's already been on since he's been on Trump's show (I'm blanking on the title).

For a crazy season: Tyra Banks, Naomi Campbell, Janice Dickinson and Miss Jay.  Actually I bet Miss Jay could be pretty good.

• Love 2

For total weirdness there's always Dennis Rodman. But maybe he's already been on since he's been on Trump's show (I'm blanking on the title).

He was on Celebrity Apprentice -- and no, he's never been on DWTS, thank God.  Given the propensity for high drama and complete lack of anything resembling a work ethic that he showed on Celebrity Apprentice, I wouldn't wish him on any of our female pros -- nobody deserves that kind of punishment.  He'd make Master P look like Charlie White.

In other words, no, no, a billion times just -- NO.

• Love 1

I'd tune in for the absolute drama and chaos that Manny Ramirez would bring. I have a serious love/hate relationship with the guy but I'd watch just to see if he takes off to pee in the middle of a dance.

Yes please. I'd like to see Manny paired with Cheryl. Haha. 

• LOL 1

Here's a celebrity that wouldn't be too impossible: the Duchess of York, Sarah Ferguson.  I know in the past she's been strapped for cash and I imagine the show would pay her well to be on it.  She probably knows how to dance because they probably would have taught that in girls' boarding school.

• Love 1

I'd love to see Kristin Chenoweth on the show. 

I doubt they'd ever do it, but I think it would be interesting if, for instance, in Season 19 they had all female celebrities and in Season 20 all male celebrities. I just would love to be able to compare men to men and women to women because they have different things they have to do, and it's often very hard for me to be able to tell if the man is doing a better job than the woman or vice versa.  Would make it a little easier to compare apples to apples.

I

I agree that I'd love to see the cast of Castle on the show.  Include the captain as well - she's excellent.  I know he'd never do it but I'd love to see Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on the show.  He can save the world but can he dance?  <lol>  Tom Selleck is another one I'd love to see.  Also would love any/all of the folks from Hawaii 5-0 on the show.  I still want to see Ellen DeGeneres do it.  And Stephen Colbert.  Whoopie Goldberg.  Either/both of the leads from Sleepy Hollow.  Lots of folks I'd enjoy seeing.  Probably none of them are reality tv "stars."  ;0

• Love 1

Yes lets have a year of Gorgeous men who I have crushed on as I've grown old :P 

Kiefer Sutherland

Tom Selleck

Rick Schroder

Mark-Paul Gosselaar

John Barrowmen

Boomer Esiason

BSB's Kevin Richardson or Brian Littrell

• Love 1

Clinton Kelly would make my day. I thing Jesse Tyler Ferguson would be a hoot- I like him when I see him to interviews, even though I don't watch Modern Family. I'd love to see Connie Britton as the designated "over 40 but still got it" representative. If Patrick Stewart is between Broadway shows, I'd love to see him (especially if Ian McKellan was in the audience!) As Mad Men wraps up, I'd love to see Jon Hamm, John Slattery, Christina  Hendricks or Elizabeth Moss. 

• Love 1

I know he's polarizing for some people, but I always thought Nomar Garciaparra (ex-Red Sox shortstop) would mesh well with the DwTS demo.

I love Nomar, but half of the reason he retired was because he was literally incapable of running anymore, so I don't think dancing would be in his best interest. Plus, he's a broadcaster now, so even though he's not playing, he's still busy during the season.

If they want to keep the viewers viewing, in the beginning they had big movie stars and the soap stars, ie John Hurley George Hamilton Susan Lucci, and many more biggy's its becoming a bit boring as a lot of their so called guests, people have never heard of , out of this last lot the only one I wanted to watch was Drew Carey, and he was really entertaining

A week or so ago a twitter account associated with Val sent a tweet asking who should be Val's next partner. A good amount of people said Kat Graham from Vampire Diaries. I believe she's a trained dancer so if that were to actually happen, she'd certainly get ringer status. However, she's no more of a ringer than Nicole Scherzinger, so why not.