Type keyword(s) to search

Wish Upon a Star: Who Would You Like To See On DWTS?

• Start Topic

Here's a few..some might even be possible to get! And others are just my dreaming--

Pedro Pascal

Michael C. Hall

Sharon Stone

Allyson Felix

Suraj Sharma

Clint Eastwood's look-a-like son Scott

Katie Couric

Kelly Clarkson

Barry Williams

Gabby Douglas

Raja from RuPaul's Drag Race

(edited)

Since I actually liked Carson Kressley on this show, as a follow-up I'd love to see Ted Allen.

If he can take time out from doing 900 episodes of Chopped each year, that is.

Baseball is the only of the big 4 pro sports that's hasn't had a representative? I would like to see that. How about a MLB star.. Landen Donaven maybe?

I say go old, and slightly trainwrecky.  For our amusement.  Not TOO old though, because those super-oldsters just ruin the show for me (making it all about how "cute" they are--which is almost as bad as having "ringers" in the other direction).  I want slightly older with athletes so they are LESS ringers though.  

Pete Rose is too old.  So... Daryl Strawberry maybe?  Sure he's a shit human being in some ways, but he's here for our amusement, not our admiration.  I do recall he had a pathetic run on The Apprentice, but this could make up for it.

I might have said Jose Canseco, but I'd be half-afraid he'd beat someone to death in a Roid Rage flashback, or something.  Also he beats women (whereas Strawberry simply used cocaine and banged prostitutes).

Edited by Kromm

I would love to see Mo on the show but he is very religious and I wonder if that would be a problem for him? As a die hard Yankees fan, my pick would be Bernie Williams, the great centerfielder. He is a classical guitarist, very musical and graceful and also easy on the eyes.

• Love 1

I think having a theme for casting would make it more interesting. I know they are trying to get all groups of people to watch the show, but they could still make the casting more focused. 

If they wanted to have actual celebs on there, they could make it a season of Emmy Nominees. That would include a lot of people, daytime and primetime, but it would also be people who are good at their jobs (in theory). Or Grammy Nominees, this would make for a great group because of all the musical talent, but also comedians like Kathy Griffin have done comedy albums.

If they want to stick with reality stars, they could do a Winners theme. They could pick from anyone who has won a reality competition show. American Idol, The Voice, Biggest Loser, Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, Last Comic Standing, and Apprentice winners could all be considered. There are way more shows than that, but you get it?

Another theme could be Stars We Knew as Children, which again gives us a large pool to work from. That could include current younger stars (Disney channel/Nickelodeon teens), or previous child stars (Jodie Sweetin, Fred Savage, Alexis Bledel, Thora Birch, Kieran Culkin, Todd Bridges, Taj Mowry). It could even include people who are children of celebrities since the public knew them when they were young, Chaz Bono is the only person I can think of right now. But you catch my drift? 

• Love 1

I would love to see Mo on the show but he is very religious and I wonder if that would be a problem for him? 

That didn't stop Candace Cameron Buré.  We'd probably just have to hear about it 50,000 times, that's all.

That didn't stop Candace Cameron Buré.  We'd probably just have to hear about it 50,000 times, that's all.

I will freely admit that I love Mariano Rivera, so maybe I am prejudiced.  However, to my knowledge he lives his faith in his actions and in his great generosity and kindness to all people.  Also to my knowledge he is not a homophobe and does not brag that his wife is subservient to him.  The Cameron/Bures of the world are not fit to be mentioned in the same breath.  In my opinion, of course.

• Love 3

I will freely admit that I love Mariano Rivera, so maybe I am prejudiced.  However, to my knowledge he lives his faith in his actions and in his great generosity and kindness to all people.  Also to my knowledge he is not a homophobe and does not brag that his wife is subservient to him.  The Cameron/Bures of the world are not fit to be mentioned in the same breath.  In my opinion, of course.

To tell you the truth, I agree with you.  I have no problem with Christians who actually do walk the walk as opposed to merely talking the talk.  It's just that I think we can both agree that so-called "Christians" who feel that they have to remind us of their beliefs and standards every five minutes are a pain in the neck.  If Mariano Rivera doesn't fall into that category, then if he wants to do the show, I say more power to him!

• Love 2

I have no problem with Christians who actually do walk the walk as opposed to merely talking the talk.  It's just that I think we can both agree that so-called "Christians" who feel that they have to remind us of their beliefs and standards every five minutes are a pain in the neck.

I couldn't agree more.  People who presume to judge others in the name of Jesus and/or can't shut up about how holy they are make my blood boil.

Now, if you will excuse me, I will resume my usual dwts obsession and look for news about Tristan.

Allison Tolman would be perfect for this show.

She is the total unknown actress who just killed it in Fargo.  She is also not exactly the most fit ingenue.  If her attitude is as she has expressed through many interviews, she would win over the entire ballroom.  If she manages any proficiency at dance whatsoever?  Super.

• Love 2

I'd love to see Sonia Manzano and/or Emilio Delgado (Maria and Luis on Sesame Street) for the nostalgia factor, and George Takei -- he's "older" but I'm sure he can  bring the oh myyyy to the floor! Allison Arngrim (Nellie Oleson from Little House on the Prairie). Ken Griffey Jr.? Ichiro from the Seattle Mariners? And a big heck yeah for Ted Allen. Maybe Alton Brown?

How about to represent the older folks someone who can actually dance-- Christopher Walken?  He's a 'shoe in' !  (sorry, corny old folks humor ;)  )

Well, he'd be a mega-ringer, for one.  The reason that he can dance is that he's a professional dancer, among other things -- he's even done his own dance video.  Then again, the "no ringers" rule seems to have been repealed a long time ago, so who knows?

• Love 1

'A mega-ringer'-- LOL!  Well, I guess Florence Henderson was one,too, now that I think about it.  I knew he could dance and I remember the dancing on the walls video-- I don't know how fluid he'd be now at a few yrs older... but I'd love to see him up against the young ones.  (especially the young ringers)  He'd have class!

I've always thought it would be fun for them to have Tom Bergeron dance....but then I worry about who we would end up with hosting.....Mario Lopez?  Drew Lachey?  

Been there, done that already.  You must have missed the Season 2 Semi-finals when Tom did the Quickstep with Ashley Costa (or Ashley DelGrosso, as she was then known) as his pro partner.  Tom did it partly because Master P (Ashley's celeb partner) had flaked out on her again, and also partly because he wanted to see what the stars experience.  Afterwards, he said he'd never do it again -- once was enough for him!

• Love 1

For older guys how about 2 hunks from the 1970's Kent McCord (Adam-12) or Randolph Mantooth (Emergency!).  They both look to be in fairly good shape for 70 year olds.

• Love 1

I did miss that he danced on Season 2 - I don't think I had started watching the show yet that season.  And thank you for posting the link!  (And sorry for the delay in responding - I am still learning my way round the board, and didn't see the little "thing" that meant someone had responded to my post!

I think having a theme for casting would make it more interesting.

It would be great to have a season with figure skaters for the cast - we would get some awesome dancing.  I'd love to see some more ice dancers like Belbin and Agosto, Punsalan and Swallow, Lang and Tchernyshev, etc.  For singles skater guys it would be fun to have Todd Eldredge, Michael Weiss, and Rudy Galindo.  For women, I'd love to see Michelle Kwan, Nicole Bobeck, and Jennifer Kirk.  There are so many great figure skaters to choose from. 

• Love 1

Baseball player - Mark McGwire, Ozzie Smith, Derek Jeter

Former child stars - cast member from The Brady Bunch or The Cosby Show

Reality show - Kim or Kyle Richards, Teresa Giudice

Figure skaters - Nancy Kerrigan (if she doesn't whine), Scott Hamilton (already on Celebrity Apprentice)

Melissa Rivers

Oh Matt Bomer, swoon! Actually I'd love to see Tim DeKay from White Collar on the show! He's a smooth mover and I bet he's a good dancer. Another fun one would be Clark Gregg (Agents of Shield). He's married to Jennifer Grey so it would be neat to see her cheering him on. :)

• Love 3

Neil Degrasse Tyson.  He'd be kind of a ringer because he ballroom danced in college, but that was several decades ago.  And he's still got moves:

Neil Degrasse Tyson studied ballroom?! WTF?! One more reason to love him! I would like to see him on the show but I hesitate because I don't want his coolness tainted by the current DWTS.

• Love 1

Oh Matt Bomer, swoon! Actually I'd love to see Tim DeKay from White Collar on the show! He's a smooth mover and I bet he's a good dancer. Another fun one would be Clark Gregg (Agents of Shield). He's married to Jennifer Grey so it would be neat to see her cheering him one. :)

Well that would explain a tweet I saw last night asking if JG taught him those moves.  (Don't watch AOS but people in my timeline do)

• Love 2

It would be great to have a season with figure skaters for the cast - we would get some awesome dancing.  I'd love to see some more ice dancers like Belbin and Agosto, Punsalan and Swallow, Lang and Tchernyshev, etc.  For singles skater guys it would be fun to have Todd Eldredge, Michael Weiss, and Rudy Galindo.  For women, I'd love to see Michelle Kwan, Nicole Bobeck, and Jennifer Kirk.  There are so many great figure skaters to choose from. 

What if you're not a figure skating fan?  Why would you watch?

I would love to see Adam Lambert do anything anywhere, so a big ole yes to that suggestion.

I'd like to see the comedian, Kevin James, from King of Queens fame.  I know he's a bigger dude (or used to be) but he's surprisingly flexible (or used to be.) He's hilarious and would be fun. He did a pole dance (yes, that pole) on his show in the early 2000's or whatever year and it was amazing. I was stunned.

Of course, gorgeous John Stamos is a given on my list.

Is Jennifer Aniston too big of a star to be on this show?

Is Jennifer Aniston too big of a star to be on this show?

Definitely, but maybe David Schwimmer would be good here. He keeps a pretty low profile, so I doubt it. But he isn't "too famous" like the rest of the Friends. I see them getting more of a Gunther on this show. 

• Love 1

Definitely not likely as he is busy with his own reality competition show, but Harry Connick Jr.

I adore this man.  I never knew his wit and profound knowlege of mucic until he was a judge on AI though I have always liked him in movies.  He is a VERY nifty man. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2