Type keyword(s) to search

General Gabbery: DWTS

• Start Topic

A few places today are speculating that they've figured out Keo's partner. She's Tammin Sursok, a South African actress from PLL (Keo's clue said she was from Johannesburg). She'd be the third PLL person to do DWTS following in Jannel Parrish and Sasha Pieterse's footsteps. She also stars in an absolutely cringeworthy Hallmark movie called "Bound and Babysitting" with none other than Stephen "Twitch" Boss lol.

So in terms of age on the female side, we've got: Alexis (21), Tinashe (25), Tammin (if right, she's 35), Danelle (46), Mary Lou (50), & Nancy (52). Not sure what that could mean for Brandon's partner.....maybe she's super young. It also feels like we might be due one more athlete....which with Brandon's height definitely opens up some possibilities. I'm a golfer and it's sad they've never managed to include one in the cast. I'd love to see Michelle Wie do DWTS at some point....

On the male side, we've got: Milo (17), Grocery Joe (31?), DeMarcus (36), Bobby (38...younger than I thought, actually), Juan Pablo (39), and John (58).

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

A few places today are speculating that they've figured out Keo's partner. She's Tammin Sursok, a South African actress from PLL (Keo's clue said she was from Johannesburg). She'd be the third PLL person to do DWTS following in Jannel Parrish and Sasha Pieterse's footsteps.

Brant Daugherty did DWTS in season 17.

As far as the final celeb - I'm still not ruling out Omarosa. 

• Love 1

Good catch, Sister Havana. I'd forgotten about him.

Was there even one more guy from that show? Like a James or something?

If they literally told Brandon "for your first celeb....here's Omarosa", I wouldn't blame him if he just walked away never to be seen again.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
Had another thought
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

Maks is in NYC in preparation for his dance show he is producing there later on this week. The announcement of the DWTS pro/celeb partners on GMA is on 9/12. His show is a couple days after that. My bet is that Mak's face shows up on GMA on 9/12. I think the Chmerkovskiy's own GMA stock or something. Both brothers come on there to promote projects that are not DWTS related, while GMA does not promote other DWTS pro dancer's projects not related to DWTS.  I think it is kinda funny and obvious who GMA prefers. That weather girl, Ginger, practically drools every time the boys are on.

Maks has been very close with Robin Roberts for years, long before Val was even on the show let alone partnered with Ginger.

It's also not surprising he announced and is doing this show to coincide with the pro/cast announcement. I can't think of a season Maks skipped being a pro that he hasn't announced some cockamamie scheme he's cooked up that he thinks is worth leaving the show for. I have yet to see any of them pan out and actually turn into something. And this year he's taking Peta along for his dumpster fire.

What I do find hilarious is that he actually used a poster of him and Meryl in Sway to try to sell tickets to this show. Sales must be really dismal if he's delusional enough to believe there are still Maksyl shippers around who will jump to buy tickets. I think even the most die hard Maksyl shippers have moved on to either Meryl and Fedor or Val and Jenna.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

A few places today are speculating that they've figured out Keo's partner. She's Tammin Sursok, a South African actress from PLL (Keo's clue said she was from Johannesburg). She'd be the third PLL person to do DWTS following in Jannel Parrish and Sasha Pieterse's footsteps. She also stars in an absolutely cringeworthy Hallmark movie called "Bound and Babysitting" with none other than Stephen "Twitch" Boss lol.

Just looked up Tammin and she looks exactly like Catherine Zeta-Jones.

280full.jpg images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSINkumaxTLwM8qUcj3Uah

5 hours ago, Toonces464 said:

Maks has been very close with Robin Roberts for years, long before Val was even on the show let alone partnered with Ginger.

It's also not surprising he announced and is doing this show to coincide with the pro/cast announcement. I can't think of a season Maks skipped being a pro that he hasn't announced some cockamamie scheme he's cooked up that he thinks is worth leaving the show for. I have yet to see any of them pan out and actually turn into something. And this year he's taking Peta along for his dumpster fire.

What I do find hilarious is that he actually used a poster of him and Meryl in Sway to try to sell tickets to this show. Sales must be really dismal if he's delusional enough to believe there are still Maksyl shippers around who will jump to buy tickets. I think even the most die hard Maksyl shippers have moved on to either Meryl and Fedor or Val and Jenna.

I have lost count of how many times Maks has told us he is leaving DWTS for bigger and better things, and nothing happens. I began to suspect that a majority of Mak's bigger and better things were figments of his imagination.  IIRC, I read there were only 250 seats and the prices were rather high at that dance show. Peta and Maks are not dancing and there is no dancer in that show that can generate ticket sales. So I can understand why people are hesitant to buy high priced tickets to watch a show that has no household names in it. Maks used Meryl to sell SWAY tickets, so no surprise he is using her again to sell tickets. I was never a Maksyl shipper for various and obvious reasons. But I did think that Maks was quite rude to Meryl at times when an interviewer would ask if there was anything going on between them.

Edited by BeeBop88
  • Love 1
On 9/8/2018 at 6:14 PM, spanana said:

Also with Brandon being promoted to pro, it sounds like DWTS hired Vlad Kvartin as the new troupe person.  I think that is his last name.  He's also in with the Maks and Val crew.  He was on their tour.  However I already see a little controversy over that because somebody supposedly pulled up an old social media post of his where he used a racial slur and so I'm not sure where he will stand if DWTS gets a hold of that.  I didn't see the post so can't comment on it beyond that.  

It's this post, but the questionable word has been changed to "nugget".  (The previous word rhymed with piglet.)  As to intent, judge for yourself.

My guess is it's more like if you are in the troupe, you have to work extra hard at being a kiss ass to the producers.  Some troupe members are probably more willing to play the game than others, for better or worse...

It's possible Brittany, as much as I prefer her to Jenna in just about every capacity, just wasn't willing to play that role and kiss ass in the same way.  Not a knock to either.  Some people are comfortable playing the game and others aren't.

I agree with all this.  I went with "low-key" in my previous post to cover "not playing the game", but I'm glad you spelled it out so well.  It's possible the "not too bright" insinuations against Brittany was code for "not playing the game".  Being unable, unwilling, or ambivalent about playing the game has probably also been a factor for pros being dropped, especially before there was a troupe to serve as testing ground.

A quick add to my previous post about the season 22 troupe:  It occurs to me that the show may have first offered the troupe spot left open after dropping Brittany (again) to Emma, who sat out that season.  Then they nearly hired Britt before deciding on a 2 female / 4 male troupe.  I suspect Alan was on the bubble, but that may be because I remember being surprised when he appeared in the official troupe photos after being MIA up to that point.

On 9/9/2018 at 7:59 AM, kitcloudkicker said:

People like Hayley and Britt are sort of interesting though, because they both immediately dove into intensive ballroom training (Hayley’s been taking lessons from Shirley Ballas for years) and they’re coming up around three years on the show — will they ever get to say they’re “trained”? How trained do they have to be to be “trained ballroom dancers?” I’m not an expert but I can see they’ve improved leaps and bounds, especially when compared to Morgan who is newer to everything. 

FWIW, I consider the current troupe ladies a continuing experiment.  First there was Tyne, who tried the "crash course in ballroom" approach.  Then there was Allison, who tried the "ballroom by choreography" approach of learning routines for SYTYCD, performing with Derek, and mining dance videos.  She learned ballroom the way DWTS celebrities do--focus on choreography and try to add/fake some technique to make it look good.  Neither Tyne nor Allison were able to teach the ballroom technique to their partners.

With Hayley, there's the private lessons approach.  She's been taking lessons from Sasha and other pros and troupe members since she started troupe.  (I'm not sure she's been taking lessons from Shirley Ballas for very long.  Hasn't that been only recently??)  Britt started out training for and competing in pro-ams.  Remains to be seen whether these approaches work.  (Morgan might be provisional, as she was added to the tour cast to cover for Witney who dropped out.  We'll see whether she stays should they need room for new troupe hires.)  As for when they can be considered ballroom-trained enough for DWTS, maybe if/when they can effectively teach the full array of Latin/ballroom dances with little or no help??

Edited by RomanKat
  • Love 1

The Pretty Little Liars actress for Keo seems a sure thing based on the DWTS Instagram caption hint:

And Gleb posted a story on Instagram featuring his partner's legs. Didn't look like Tinashe's to me comparing available pictures, which would throw a wrench into that theory.
Edited by lavenderblue
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

I have lost count of how many times Maks has told us he is leaving DWTS for bigger and better things, and nothing happens. I began to suspect that a majority of Mak's bigger and better things were figments of his imagination.  IIRC, I read there were only 250 seats and the prices were rather high at that dance show. Peta and Maks are not dancing and there is no dancer in that show that can generate ticket sales. So I can understand why people are hesitant to buy high priced tickets to watch a show that has no household names in it. Maks used Meryl to sell SWAY tickets, so no surprise he is using her again to sell tickets. I was never a Maksyl shipper for various and obvious reasons. But I did think that Maks was quite rude to Meryl at times when an interviewer would ask if there was anything going on between them.

I think his bigger and better things are the first thing that pops into his head that he can use as an excuse for not doing DWTS. It's kind of sad how he used to be one of the most popular pros on the show, and he's probably the one who's done the least to advance and sustain his career outside the show.

None of the Sway shows sold well other than the first one with Zendaya, despite having half the DWTS pros in them so I don't know why Maks thought people would buy tickets to this show. I know people shelled out a lot of money for his birthday bash a few years back which was mostly his students dancing, but they were pretty vague about what they were actually doing, and he had a much more devoted fan base at the time who thought they'd get a chance to see him dance with some of his former partners again (which, of course, didn't happen). 

Peta walking away from the show is even stupider. At least Maks still has somewhat of a known name and he has his studios to fall back on. Peta is barely known outside DWTS other than she's married to Maks. One indie film is not going to make her an actress. All she has to do is look at her husband to see how well that dancer-to-actor transition goes.

18 hours ago, PhD-Purgatory15 said:

So in terms of age on the female side, we've got: Alexis (21), Tinashe (25), Tammin (if right, she's 35), Danelle (46), Mary Lou (50), & Nancy (52). Not sure what that could mean for Brandon's partner.....maybe she's super young. It also feels like we might be due one more athlete....which with Brandon's height definitely opens up some possibilities. I'm a golfer and it's sad they've never managed to include one in the cast. I'd love to see Michelle Wie do DWTS at some point....

On the male side, we've got: Milo (17), Grocery Joe (31?), DeMarcus (36), Bobby (38...younger than I thought, actually), Juan Pablo (39), and John (58).

I've heard rumors about Michelle Wie, and that would be great if she did the show. I'm curious why they keep getting PLL people. Is that show even popular anymore?

On 9/8/2018 at 1:27 PM, BeeBop88 said:

DWTS seems to be filled with Russians and Mormons. Nothing bad about those two groups, but think it is rather funny. For the Russians, there is Maks, Val, Artem, Sasha (Australian with Russian roots,) Alan, Gleb, Henry. For the Mormons it is Witney, Lindsay, Jenna, Brandon, Derek, Julianne. I am sure I am missing some from the past and present group, but looks like DWTS likes to pool from these two groups. 

I'm really surprised the've never had dancers from Quebec. That's a huge talent source for ballroom dancers. A lot of people on the old PBS competition were from there, and so were a lot of ice dancers. It is weird that they always seem to fish in the same pool.

• Love 1

They keep getting PLL people because now the show is over and people need jobs.  I think the main stars probably wouldn't lower themselves to do DWTS unless jobs really dried up (so no Shay Mitchell or Lucy Hale types), but the supporting cast need things to do and it doesn't sound like someone like Tammin has been swimming in high profile job opportunities. 

There have been rumors of a Broadway female star so that may be Brandon's person.

I do genuinely hope Morgan is doing ballroom training if the show plans to keep using her. I get that they want their pros to be crosstrained, but there are lots of potential female pros out there that are crosstrained with some ballroom experience.  A part of me thinks they might keep Morgan around until they can go after Jensen Arnold post SYTYCD.  Heck, Brittany was crosstrained, so that wasn't a situation where she could just do ballroom and not anything else.  Honestly of the little I've seen of her both on the show and in tour vids, Morgan isn't even good at faking ballroom right now.  She's off balance and uncomfortable looking.

• Love 1
On 9/9/2018 at 10:58 AM, BrainyBlonde said:

Witney and partner. I laughed so hard when I saw so many people guessing that her celeb is Shawn Mendes. As if Shawn doesn't have better things to do than DWTS! It's pretty clearly Milo Manheim. I just watched Zombies on Disney Channel last night, and I was pretty impressed with Milo. He's charismatic and he can dance (hip-hop, Disney-style dancing anyway), so I think he might be another Jordan Fisher. Also, the kid is TALL. He towered over everybody in Zombies. His bio says he's 6'2, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's grown more (his father is 6'3).

Not only is Milo's dad tall but his mom, actress Camryn Manheim, is 5'10".

• Love 1

I'm starting to doubt some of these rumors based on the pics. Tinashe has had long nails in all of her Insta pics the last week, and the skin tone of this woman doesn't look right either.

And this guy with Jenna looks basketball player tall, which I don't think Grocery Store Joe is.

• Love 1

People are speculating that Gleb's partner could be Sutton Foster.  Which if there was any truth to that, that would be a great get.  She can obviously dance and I think she would walk the fine line of being the type to appeal to the younger audience but also the older audience.  Though Gleb.  There had been rumors of a Broadway person.

It would also mean that either Tinashe isn't doing the show or she's with Brandon.  Brandon's partner is still a mystery.  On the off chance they did give Tinashe to Brandon, that would be a big vote of confidence from TPTB in his first season.

I still think Jenna's person is the Bachelor dude.  She's not a large person.

20 minutes ago, spanana said:

People are speculating that Gleb's partner could be Sutton Foster.  Which if there was any truth to that, that would be a great get.  She can obviously dance and I think she would walk the fine line of being the type to appeal to the younger audience but also the older audience.  Though Gleb.  There had been rumors of a Broadway person.

I'd love Sutton Foster but those hands are almost certainly someone older than her.

• Love 1

IMO, Nikki Glaser would be an absolute riot on DWTS although she might be too "too much" for the bulk of DWTS's audience. I just don't see where she (or Sutton Foster for that matter) fits into this particular cast. With this Evanna person from Harry Potter in the mix, that seems to give us a pretty solid 7 female celebs.

**Possibly a not so fast on Tammin (meaning Keo just straight up lied when he gave out his clue on instagram, I think). The latest buzz seems to say Nikki Glaser is actually in (and with Gleb), Brandon is with Tinashe (ringer straight out of the gate, no pressure buddy), leaving Keo to have Evanna.

We shall see how it all shakes out...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

How did Evanna Lynch get to be a rumor?

If that's legit she'll be the biggest get in awhile. Harry Potter has been over for awhile, but it's still a giant powerhouse. She could win on name alone.

I never heard of her.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

I never heard of her.

She played Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter series.

Unless someone else has heard something I havent (which is entirely possible!), I kind of have a feeling her name got thrown into the mix just because of the allusion to magic.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 1

Keo (I think) posted a pic of his partners footwork and they look good, unless he's lying about that too.  Didn't look like Evanna, or I guess I wouldn't expect her to be that good out of the gate.  And Sutton Foster seemed too good to be true, but there has been speculation about a Broadway star because good old Pure claimed there would be a Broadway person.

If Brandon truly got Tinashe right out of the gate, that is a HUGE vote of confidence from TPTB to give him such a major ringer.  I'm not anti ringer or anything, so I don't mean that as a negative.  Though I'm going on record to say that if Tinashe is on the show, I don't see her winning.  I have a feeling there is a good portion of DWTS viewership that will label her as "cocky" and "overconfident' and attach themselves elsewhere.  She strikes me more as the type to come in 3rd.

• Love 3

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/tinashe-evanna-lynch-join-dancing-with-the-stars-season-27/

Just one of the sources mentioning Evanna Lynch.

Also, way back in Season 4, Julianne won her very first year as a pro. But was Apolo favored to win back then or were there more "ringerish" celebrities that season? The point is that it isn't impossible for a first-time pro to get a damn good celeb.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 1

Not sure what Grocery Store Joe is, but it must be quite a shock to the pretty princess Jenna that the contestant she got a year after winning the mini-season is a dude from The Bachelorette that got kicked off the first week. Lol.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, McManda said:

How did Evanna Lynch get to be a rumor?

If that's legit she'll be the biggest get in awhile. Harry Potter has been over for awhile, but it's still a giant powerhouse. She could win on name alone.

Completely disagree. In fact I think she’d be the biggest contender for a shock elimination. She’s in no way one of the main Harry Potter characters. The films ended years ago and don’t appeal to the DWTS demographic so loads of people won’t know who she is. Plus she doesn’t have a pro with a big fanbase. She’ll be like an older version of Willow Shields.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Emily-D said:

Completely disagree. In fact I think she’d be the biggest contender for a shock elimination. She’s in no way one of the main Harry Potter characters. The films ended years ago and don’t appeal to the DWTS demographic so loads of people won’t know who she is. Plus she doesn’t have a pro with a big fanbase. She’ll be like an older version of Willow Shields.

ITA. I was a big Harry Potter fan back in the day and it took me a minute to even remember who she was. The  Harry Potter fan base wouldn't be all that invested. She hasn't been seen in a HP movie in close to maybe 9 years.

• Love 2

I think it could go either way with Evanna.  Her footwork looks good so I think she will be good and I think people will have a sense of who she is even if they don't know her by name.  In her case, I think it might come down to how her personality comes across.

In this group, I don't even know who would be first out.  I know the obvious is one of the older contestants.  Maybe the comedienne, if she's not known enough? I'd say the model but I think her ringer-y ness would get her through the first elimination.

I guess the olds are considered John, Nancy and Mary Lou--and no, most of them aren't really old but old in context of DWTS and the season.  And I really have no concept of how any of their popularity will go over.  I would think nostalgia and Val's fans would get Nancy through week one, unless she's awful or comes across awfully.  The reaction of the main demo to her on facebook was very positive and very different than the younger kids on twitter who all went who?  And Facebook IMO is much closer to the main demo of the actual show.  John and Mary Lou are both wildcards for me in that there are reasons for fans to love them and have fond memories, but they both have controversial things about them too...I'm just not sure in John's case (Trump), if it would gain him votes or cost him votes and I don't know if enough people know about Mary Lou's defense of Nassar.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

ITA. I was a big Harry Potter fan back in the day and it took me a minute to even remember who she was. The  Harry Potter fan base wouldn't be all that invested. She hasn't been seen in a HP movie in close to maybe 9 years.

To be fair she could very well win viewers over with her charming Irish accent and she seems very sweet. You’d expect her to be able to dance well too. But in terms of voting bases, she’s going in with one of the smallest. She’s in no way a big get for the show.

4 minutes ago, spanana said:

I think it could go either way with Evanna.  Her footwork looks good so I think she will be good and I think people will have a sense of who she is even if they don't know her by name.  In her case, I think it might come down to how her personality comes across.

In this group, I don't even know who would be first out.  I know the obvious is one of the older contestants.  Maybe the comedienne, if she's not known enough? I'd say the model but I think her ringer-y ness would get her through the first elimination.

I guess the olds are considered John, Nancy and Mary Lou--and no, most of them aren't really old but old in context of DWTS and the season.  And I really have no concept of how any of their popularity will go over.  I would think nostalgia and Val's fans would get Nancy through week one, unless she's awful or comes across awfully.  The reaction of the main demo to her on facebook was very positive and very different than the younger kids on twitter who all went who?  And Facebook IMO is much closer to the main demo of the actual show.  John and Mary Lou are both wildcards for me in that there are reasons for fans to love them and have fond memories, but they both have controversial things about them too...I'm just not sure in John's case (Trump), if it would gain him votes or cost him votes and I don't know if enough people know about Mary Lou's defense of Nassar.

I wouldn’t worry about not knowing a first elimination. Just like every season, someone we may not expect will either meltdown or just outright suck on the opening night (or both). I’ve got my fingers crossed for it being Gleb’s partner! 

48 minutes ago, spanana said:

John and Mary Lou are both wildcards for me in that there are reasons for fans to love them and have fond memories, but they both have controversial things about them too...I'm just not sure in John's case (Trump), if it would gain him votes or cost him votes and I don't know if enough people know about Mary Lou's defense of Nassar.

As much as I despise Trump, I wouldn't not vote for someone just because they voted for him.  Someone who defends Nassar on the other hand...ugh, that's a different story. I hope she's the first one out.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Emily-D said:

To be fair she could very well win viewers over with her charming Irish accent and she seems very sweet. You’d expect her to be able to dance well too.

Confession:  I was a Tristan fan who was mostly OK with his partners.  Because not all his fans were, however, I did an internet search for celebrities who might satisfy fans wanting a ringer, who might be of interest to DWTS, and who might make a narrative match for Tristan.  Two (younger) names that came up were model Coco Rocha who trained in Irish dance, and Irish actress Evanna Lynch.  Here's a 2011 interview that mentions her dance interest, and a 2008 video of her dancing.  Don't how relevant she is today, or whether she continued dancing, but she does have dance in her background.

Edited by RomanKat
  • Love 1

I saw a quote from John Schneider from last year saying that he would never be on DWTS. He said he would be as comfortable dancing as a fish would be walking. Doesn't sound like that bodes well for Emma to stick around for a while. I hope she is not an early out again, like she was last season. I wonder why DWTS always sticks her with the older guys?  If John feels that way, he must really need the money.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BeeBop88 said:

I wonder why DWTS always sticks her with the older guys?

It may seem that way at a glance but it's really not. They have given her some really bad partners and some older guys but she's also been given people like Drew Scott and Hayes Grier, who weren't old and of course Rashad who she ended up winning with. That said I don't hold out much hope for this season if her partner isn't going to have much enthusiasm. Some of the best celebs (even the older ones) are the ones who embrace the show and have fun.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Not sure what Grocery Store Joe is, but it must be quite a shock to the pretty princess Jenna that the contestant she got a year after winning the mini-season is a dude from The Bachelorette that got kicked off the first week. Lol.

I doubt it because said "dude" is more popular than the new Bachelor, or any of the others for that matter.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, LexieLily said:

LOL - He was so popular from that 1 appearance that he was put on Bachelor in Paradise where he solidified his image as a great guy and went from no instagram account to hundreds of thousands of followers.  He says he can't dance, but he's got a big enough following to last a while.

eta.  agree Ms Tree!

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Toonces464 said:

Very weak cast this season. 

Yeah, I’m out. I think I might be done with this show. I didn’t watch any of the mini season because no one on it really interested me all that much except for Adam and he won but the season seemed like a mess and this season there isn’t one contestant I care at all about. The only thing I’ll miss is commenting here but I hardly commented on this show that much but I’ll miss it. I think this show is just done for me. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yeah, I’m out. I think I might be done with this show. I didn’t watch any of the mini season because no one on it really interested me all that much except for Adam and he won but the season seemed like a mess and this season there isn’t one contestant I care at all about. The only thing I’ll miss is commenting here but I hardly commented on this show that much but I’ll miss it. I think this show is just done for me. 

I'll root for Nancy as long as she's in and the football player, but I'm not even excited about the pro cast. At least they used to be a saving grace when the celeb cast sucked.

• Love 1

I'll admit that this is one of the first seasons, I really know very few of the people. I really only know Joe, Nancy McKeon, Tinashe and Mary Lou Retton. That said, I'll give the first two weeks a look see and to be honest, I actually kind of prefer a season like that because I feel like there's less inherent bias and a clear favorite before one dance has happened. And I feel like these seasons sometimes end up being the best because you truly have a celebrity that may grow and pick up fans based on their dancing.

• Love 4

So, I took a look at the cast to see if I'll watch this year. As a newer viewer over the past couple of years, I feel like I need at least two or three people that I know in order to watch. And so far...I know Evanna Lynch and that Fuller House actor (though only for the show). I recognize some names here and there, but not enough for me to really be interested. 

There's a reason why I skipped the Athletes season, since I'm not an athletes fan. Last year, I had Lindsey Stirling and Frankie Muniz who I knew right off the bat and really liked (and knew of Jordan, Nikki, the Lacheys and others). 

I really am unsure of this season and if I'll watch. I guess it's good that there's no for sure clear frontrunner, as far as I know because I don't know many of these people, so maybe it'll be decent. There are some more popular than others, but there's no clear star like Jordan Fisher or Adam Rippon or Normani Kordei, who already were slated to be in the finals before the show even started. Unless there is a super clear frontrunner in the cast that I don't know about because I do not have knowledge of said person. 

If I do watch, at least initially I'll likely be rooting for Evanna because she's the one I know the most out of the entire cast; plus, she hits that nostalgia factor with me for Harry Potter. 

• Love 3