Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Reunion Part 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I'm thinking about Rocky's accusation that Kate was drinking the night of the fire. I believe it's possible that she was and that it's not unknown for her to have a mug of wine late at night when things are winding down. Likely she usually has it once the guests are all in bed, but in this instance it was a very late night (around 2 a.m.?) and the guests were still up wanting to watch a movie and have snacks. Was she shit-faced drunk and did it interfere with her doing her duties? No. Would Capt. Lee have fired her had he known about it? I don't think so. I think he would have given her a strong warning and told her if she did it again he would give her a ticket home. 

If Kate was sipping from a mug of wine all day long I think production would have picked up on it and made it part of the overall Kate v Rocky story. 

If Eddie really did dump it out to protect Kate, then I don't blame him but he was a fool to say to Rocky, "We take care of our own." He had to know she was likely to use the drinking against Kate. If he was going to deny, deny, deny, then he should have done it silently. Hell, he could have taken a sip, dumped it out, and told Rocky, "It was water." That's how you pull off a cover-up! (Of course, I'm assuming it was white wine. Kate would be sly enough to drink white, wouldn't she?)

Edited to add: I loved Capt. Lee firmly telling Rocky that Leon had admitted he lied about Kate drinking on the job. Of course, she paid no attention to that.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 6

So if Leon admitted he made it up, then why are we questioning whether Kate might have really been drinking that night? Why isn't there any footage of the supposed Eddie dumping it out and saying "We take care of our own"? How do we know that whatever was in the mug wasn't something that just looked like wine? The whole accusation is suspicious.

• Love 9

Bravo (actually 51 Minds) got what they wanted out of Rocky, shit stirring. I have to agree with an earlier poster that reality TV has gone away from the Big Brother S1 model. That's unfortunate because I liked S1 of Big Brother and the viewers of the show are the ones who evicted the fame whores and trouble makers. The same thing happened on Glass House, which probably got it cancelled. Democracy among viewers seems to be bad for ratings.

I don't know if Rocky has a screw loose or has just learned what it takes to become a successful TV villain. I suspect that she was going after Emile until she found out that he was totally into it and all the crew would be rooting for them. Either she found it hotter to get dirty in the laundry room with a guy who hated himself for doing it or if she thought it would be better for TV. The problem with these evil people is that you love to hate them, then you just hate seeing them.

Some of the cast are "real" yachties, others are just part-timers who are interested in TV. I bet some of them are making substantially more on this TV ship than a regular charter boat and that keeps them coming back.

• Love 1

I've been wondering why the tip seems to only be split between the cast, and not any of the off-camera crew, like the 1st Officer or Chief Engineer. That seems odd to me, but maybe their share is taken out ahead of time. Also, I don't think Kate "likes" having someone to bitch at/about more than she would like having someone who actually pulled their own weight. I mean, even with a top notch interior crew, people will get on each other's nerves after several stressful weeks in close quarters. But to have someone who's literally making your work harder? That person deserves a slap down occasionally, in my opinion. Oh, Rocky, cry me a river. You truly suck.

The amount of cash floating around has always bothered me because its a danger for the ship to have it available (pirates, yes really) and I just can't imagine the guests having huge amounts while travelling nor do I think they have the time to go to the bank which would be a major inconvenience. I'm sure that all transactions for guests and ship are really done by credit or accounts the ship maintains with local vendors. I've been thinking that the tip for cast is for show only and not normally done that way and that someone from production does cash runs because its the only way the Captain could have the right amount for each person. They probably even film some tip meetings together like they do talking heads or even film all of the meetings together at the end and only deal with money at that one time.  Who knows it might even be fake cash but I'm pretty sure what we're seeing is not the way it is. I wish a real Yachtie would weigh in. Can you tell all that cash hanging around really bugs me...

The cruisers get a reduced cruise rate or like RHoATL probably free and the possibility to promo their business. The cast gets filming pay, their regular wage and the tip.

• Love 5

Strongly disagree.  So many types of dumb.  So many ways to be dumb.  Dumb is not all or nothing.

Sure, there are different levels of dumb and different types of dumb but dumb is still dumb.  Cripes, I feel dumb just talking about this!  lol

• Love 1

If you notice, the tip is handed over when they are docked, so I don't think it's that difficult for someone (production, etc.) to make a bank run prior to the guests departing. I doubt they do the cruise with $15,000 in cash in the safe.

• Love 2

The amount of cash floating around has always bothered me because its a danger for the ship to have it available (pirates, yes really) and I just can't imagine the guests having huge amounts while travelling nor do I think they have the time to go to the bank which would be a major inconvenience.

Piracy isn't much of an issue in the Caribbean. 4 boats reported being boarded (in the Caribbean) during all of 2015. Based on the personal reports in cruising blogs and FB groups like Women Who Sail, it's not hugely uncommon for unoccupied boats to be boarded and pilfered or tenders left in the water to be stolen. Armed robbery is much less likely, like the stat shows.

Here's a map of piracy in 2015. The hot spots are Indonesia and western Africa:

https://icc-ccs.org/piracy-reporting-centre/live-piracy-map

Ed. to add: I *do* agree with the post though. It's unlikely they're keeping all that money on board all the time. Just no reason to invite problems. If nothing else, boats can sink!

Edited by rainsmom
  • Love 3

I'm thinking about Rocky's accusation that Kate was drinking the night of the fire. I believe it's possible that she was and that it's not unknown for her to have a mug of wine late at night when things are winding down. Likely she usually has it once the guests are all in bed, but in this instance it was a very late night (around 2 a.m.?) and the guests were still up wanting to watch a movie and have snacks. Was she shit-faced drunk and did it interfere with her doing her duties? No. Would Capt. Lee have fired her had he known about it? I don't think so. I think he would have given her a strong warning and told her if she did it again he would give her a ticket home.

If Kate was sipping from a mug of wine all day long I think production would have picked up on it and made it part of the overall Kate v Rocky story.

If Eddie really did dump it out to protect Kate, then I don't blame him but he was a fool to say to Rocky, "We take care of our own." He had to know she was likely to use the drinking against Kate. If he was going to deny, deny, deny, then he should have done it silently. Hell, he could have taken a sip, dumped it out, and told Rocky, "It was water." That's how you pull off a cover-up! (Of course, I'm assuming it was white wine. Kate would be sly enough to drink white, wouldn't she?)

Edited to add: I loved Capt. Lee firmly telling Rocky that Leon had admitted he lied about Kate drinking on the job. Of course, she paid no attention to that.

I agree, I said it earlier that I'm not ready to bring out the torches over Kate having a mug of wine... Is it frowned upon.. Sure, but she was clearly not intoxicated, for all we know she hadn't even taken a sip and was going to take it when she went to bed or something IF it even happened at all. I find it hard to believe though because especially since we saw the fire happen and the events surrounding it, they were all wearing mics still, the captain came right up and the cameras were there I'm not sure when this allegedly happened. I'm not sure really if it happened at all, of Kate did have the wine it was poor judgement, but I don't think she was endangering anyone... Lots of people have a glass of wine before bed... But I guess it's all kinda moot until we hear what even happened.

I just wanted to add with the comparison to how Kate was to Amy season 2, and how Leon was to Kate this season... I think Kate was pretty awful to Amy and it's really weird that Kat was the one she made an alliance with but that's not my point... Anyway... To me the difference is while Kate was awful to Amy, neither of them let that effect the guests. With Kate and Leon, while yes, nobody complained about Leon's cooking, there was a lot more potential that they could have, and he admitted he didn't care. Thankfully for the crew Leon's passive aggressiveness didn't effect the tips, but it had the potential to and Leon didn't care at all.

Edited by leighroda
  • Love 5

I totally agree with leighroda. The Kate/Kat/Amy business did not make a ripple above deck, but Leon's bad attitude could have had a dramatic effect on the guests' experience, and subsequently, the crew's success and tip. Overall, all of the guests seemed happy, but Leon didn't even want to grace them with his presence to receive a compliment! And speaking of unprofessional, remember the meltdown Rocky had, sprawled out on one of the couches above deck, when she was crying to Emile? Guests were on board, and could have stumbled upon that scene at any time, even in the middle of the night. I can't imagine Kate doing anything to that extent. And by the way, even if she were drunk off her butt, I'm sure Kate could work beautiful circles around Rocky, even on one of Rocky's best days.

Sorry... is it apparent that I dislike Rocky? Because I do. I really do. I dislike her. A lot. <insert dolphin laugh>

• Love 11

Probably less pipe laying on the barge than on Eros as well.

I don't think Emile's hand counts toward that tally on the Eros. (More seriously, even if there weren't any women onboard, if you've got hundreds of guys out to sea at least a few of them are doing each other.)

• Love 1
I don't think Connie can or should be fired because of the condiments on her boobs thing. She did it a total of 2 times the whole season, both when there were no guests on board and they were off charter. When there were guests on board, she buckled down, did her job, and did it well.

While I agree that she seems to be a great employee, and they did hire her  beyond the confines of the show, it was an unfortunate move on her part as she does non-televised yacht work.  I don't know the odds of future guests she interacts with having seen it, but I imagine it could make for some awkward "hey, can you do the peanut butter thing for us later?" comments.  

Which could happen on land, too, but as an employer that might make me leery of having it come up in my workplace.

• Love 2

Those charter guests obviously don't pay full fare and many of them have a brand (Tap Out, for example) to promote. I just wonder how the tips are determined. Do the guests decide? Is it their own money? What about the douche from last season who only gave half the tip?

Funny you should ask:

http://www.timothysykes.com/2014/10/reaction-deck-episode-answering-questions/

Most of the guests on Below Deck seem to be either:

1) Nouveau riche men trying to show off for their trophy girlfriends.

2) Shameless self-promoters looking for any opportunity to get their faces on TV, even if it means buying their way onto a reality TV show.

Capt Lee said in a post or twitter that the reason Rocky wasn't replaced was that they didn't have someone ready to replace her with the way that Dave and Ben were available and even Dane was available.  I don't think they expected to have to replace two deck hands but had one ready in case they had to replace one like they did last season.  That replacement was Dane.  When Dane didn't work out they called people they had on previous seasons.  For whatever reason that wasn't an option for the stews.  Either they couldn't find someone who stewed for them previously and was available, or they thought that any previous stew would be a disaster.

I really doubt Kate was drinking.  Some site took screen caps of all angles of the kitchen and scoured it for a mug, and there was no mug sitting there.  I think that Rocky also thought of the words she was going to say prior to saying them.  She said that Eddie "slyly poured the mug out" like she was reading from a book or had created that scenario ahead of time.  It's not something that people typically say when they are describing something that happened.

• Love 13

Where do you all think production sleeps on charter? Maybe another boat follows them?

In one of the interviews I read with Captain Lee, he said the camera and production crew do not sleep aboard the boat, but they are brought aboard daily. He said these yachts are only safe to sleep a maximum of 10-12 additional people, beyond the regular crew. The camera and production crew stay on land, in nearby accommodations. Apparently, that's also one of the challenges of putting the show together.

• Love 3

In answer to the question about tips, we've had this discussion before and the conclusion was that the extra one or two crew members do get a cut because when Capt. Lee splits up the money, it's not exactly right.  At least in past seasons.  It was also pretty much concluded that Capt. Lee gets a cut of the tip. 

I have no doubt that production doesn't stay on the boat.  They obviously have a chase boat of some sort (we can see that from the shots taken from the water).  I have no idea of that boat's size.  So either they're staying on that boat or going back to shore.  So saltskin, good point.  And this, IMO, also points to the 'hook up' scenes being put together by editors after the fact. 

• Love 3

IMHO the captain does not deserve and shouldn't get a cut of the tip.

Why not? Honest question, because in my opinion I think he does, since he's also working and making sure everything goes smoothly for the guests. He doesn't own the boat, he's a worker like the rest of them.

I finally saw the Reunion. Rocky is insufferable. Shut up, woman. Emile looked really annoyed at her, Amy did a good job explaining why Rocky sucked, and Andy proved that he once again is a crappy moderator. He just let that idiot go on and on. Kate was so quiet, was she biding her time.

The Captain is clearly not a Rocky fan, lol.

• Love 4

So when you dine out .... You also hand off 20% gratuity to the restaurant manager and the chef besides your waitress ....

Why not? Honest question, because in my opinion I think he does, since he's also working and making sure everything goes smoothly for the guests. He doesn't own the [restaurant]boat, he's a worker like the rest of them.

And if you get your hair done or dog groomed you track down the manager and give them a tip also

Why not? Honest question, because in my opinion I think he does, since he's also working and making sure everything goes smoothly for the guests. He doesn't own the [restaurant]boat, he's a worker like the rest of them.

How about when you take a cab? You know the dispatcher is working really hard and so is the supervisors of the operation. I hope you sent a couple envelopes to the office.

Why not? Honest question, because in my opinion I think [they] he does, since he's also working and making sure everything goes smoothly for the guests. He doesn't own the [business] boat, he's a worker like the rest of them.

• Love 3

Those were rhetorical questions BTW but I am curious.

People in management do not deserve tips. It's bad form. And people in technical jobs that involve no service that are high pay don't deserve tips either. Example pilots of planes -no tip. Person driving pedicab -tip

• Love 2

Captain Lee DOES NOT take a cut of the tip. The boat captain never takes a cut of the tips on boat charters. However, the 1st mate and engineer do split the tips with the rest of the crew, and that is where the other shares go when we see the tip split more ways than on camera workers

ETA - it is taken into account with a captains salary. He makes a LOT more than the others, so not taking a tip is irrelevant

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 6

So when you dine out .... You also hand off 20% gratuity to the restaurant manager and the chef besides your waitress ....

And if you get your hair done or dog groomed you track down the manager and give them a tip also

How about when you take a cab? You know the dispatcher is working really hard and so is the supervisors of the operation. I hope you sent a couple envelopes to the office.

Some restaurants actually pool all the tips and divide them among chefs, waitstaff, bussers, etc. I have friends who own restaurants and do it that way.

Yes, I've tipped groomers who were also managers or owners. That tip was shared with their assistants.

I know you said your questions were rhetorical but that post felt aggressive to me. Maybe it wasn't the intention but you could have just explained your reasoning without the questions and I would've understood. I was genuinely wondering why.

Captain Lee DOES NOT take a cut of the tip. The boat captain never takes a cut of the tips on boat charters. However, the 1st mate and engineer do split the tips with the rest of the crew, and that is where the other shares go when we see the tip split more ways than on camera workers

ETA - it is taken into account with a captains salary. He makes a LOT more than the others, so not taking a tip is irrelevant

Makes sense.

• Love 2

I have to point out one more thing regarding the hook up that I don't think I've seen anyone else bring up. Had it been Eddie talking to the guys or the rest of the crew admitting that he hooked up with Rocky in the laundry room giving details to the others wouldn't that be wrath worthy? Also, honest question, who as a woman hasn't denied a hook up or two because they were mortified at the fact that it was shared in reckless abandoned and was basically only shared to publicly claim a conquest? I think that alone left a really bad taste in my mouth and why I don't think Eddie's initial reaction to deny it and claim that it wasn't true was such a dick move. I know I've denied vehemently a private hookup I had with someone, or some casual sex I engaged in during a 2 month training assignment on a base far from where I live. Why? Because it wasn't anyone's business and I have a right not to confirm to others where I put my pussy even if that information was divulged by the person that I hooked up with. Nobody has a right to demand that I share that sort of information publicly. Even the person that I did the deed with doesn't have the right to force me to confirm my sexual exploits with them and especially not in public. The fuck?  Actually, when you put it that way, doesn't really sound like acceptable behavior does it? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I know I would have been mortified if my hookup would have been having whispered conversations with my friends/coworkers in the break room about how good my oral skills were or that my ride 'em cowgirl game is on point. It's just not cool to share details like that and I'm a little amazed that this perspective didn't come to me til just now cause it would have been ABSOLUTELY unacceptable had we saw Eddie chatting and smirking it up with Dave and Leon about how good Rocky felt up against the running laundry machine.. etc. etc. Wouldn't it?  Put that way it seems really disgusting doesn't it? I mean, And who wouldn't have been surprised to see Rocky deny it and accuse Eddie of lying just to try and hold on to some dignity? Oh we wouldn't have batted an eyelash to see her do that cause it would have been justified cause it's disrespectful to put a woman on blast like that, talking about her like a piece of meat and a conquest but because the roles are reversed somehow all of that doesn't apply? It's all about how caught up we get in gender roles and that's where things get seriously tricky.  Yeah, I find the whole dynamic, debate and mindset very very interesting.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 16

I agree that it was completely wrong of Rocky to blab the details of her relations with Eddie. She's gotten here share of censure here but maybe not for how exactly she revealed ALL.

It made me sick when she bragged to Emile, "I have EVIDENCE, on my phone!" Yes, imagine if Eddie had said that. My impression was that Rocky was indeed trying to score max points for her "conquest" and elevate herself. See, she got the guy Amy wanted, she gave it up for Eddie over Emile, she really thought it made her seem special that SHE was with him. Yup, she could have had a nice little secret but what attention would that have got her? Which makes it even worse, in my eyes, that she used her hookup with Eddie for her own supposed gains. I mean seriously, the way she pranced around the fire exulting in Eddie finally admitting "Yes, we fucked" like she had just won some sort of popularity contest. She went on to proclaim how "good" it was and publicly offer him oral sex, even though she could see he was beyond uncomfortable. Had if been Eddie doing that we'd have roasted him over those coals. Rocky doing it -- knowing it was being filmed, that Eddie was not happy the secret was out, and yes, knowing that he had a girlfriend -- was disgusting.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 13

I agree with your post Yours Truly. I do not think Rocky ever had any real romantic feelings regarding Eddie. I think she knew it was just a hook up. Eddie seemed to distance himself after the Rocky diving off the ship over Leon leaving incident. Maybe he realized just how nutty she can be or thought it was disrespectful to the rest of the crew, who knows. I think Rocky was mad that he did not agree with her about Leon or Kate. Rocky seemed to be take it all so personally when he did not agree with her.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 3

She did take it personally that Eddie did not side with her, and even made a comment (i think in a TH) about how even though they had their "thing" he failed to side with her. It was I believe what drove her to jump off the boat. Worse even than Leon leaving was that Eddie did not back her up in her outrage against Kate. She thought their hookups meant he had to agree with her ever after and so viewed his disagreement and attempt to make her see sense as another, more painful, betrayal. Deluded and dumb.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 7

I agree that it was completely wrong of Rocky to blab the details of her relations with Eddie. She's gotten here share of censure here but maybe not for how exactly she revealed ALL.

It made me sick when she bragged to Emile, "I have EVIDENCE, on my phone!" Yes, imagine if Eddie had said that. My impression was that Rocky was indeed trying to score max points for her "conquest" and elevate herself. See, she got the guy Amy wanted, she gave it up for Eddie over Emile, she really thought it made her seem special that SHE was with him. Yup, she could have had a nice little secret but what attention would that have got her? Which makes it even worse, in my eyes, that she used her hookup with Eddie for her own supposed gains. I mean seriously, the way she pranced around the fire exulting in Eddie finally admitting "Yes, we fucked" like she had just won some sort of popularity contest. She went on to proclaim how "good" it was and publicly offer him oral sex, even though she could see he was beyond uncomfortable. Had if been Eddie doing that we'd have roasted him over those coals. Rocky doing it -- knowing it was being filmed, that Eddie was not happy the secret was out, and yes, knowing that he had a girlfriend -- was disgusting.

I mean at one point Rocky actually asks for some skin (aka, high five, fist pump) from Emile. Imagine cutting to a clip of Eddie going to Leon "can I get a high five, oh yeah".... My Lord!! Just imagining that makes me want to hurl and I have to admit its more jarring cause gender roles do that (cause I have to begrudgingly admit that, even for me, the idea of Eddie doing it affects me harsher physically than when Rocky did it).  Yuck!

I agree with your post Yours Truly. I do not think Rocky ever had any real romantic feelings regarding Eddie. I think she knew it was just a hook up. Eddie seemed to distance himself after the Rocky diving off the ship over Leon leaving incident. Maybe he realized just how nutty she can be or thought it was disrespectful to the rest of the crew, who knows. I think Rocky was mad that he did not agree with her about Leon or Kate. Rocky seemed to be take it all so personal when he did not agree with her.

1000x's this. She used the whole, "I really cared about him" angel to try and distance herself from the possible negative backlash SHE would receive for the inappropriateness of the hook up. Also trying to act like "no, not me, the only reason why I jumped his bones in a laundry room so casually and with reckless abandon was because I thought it was going somewhere". Bullshit!

She did take it personally that Eddie did not side with her, and even made a comment (i think in a TH) about how even though they had their "thing" he failed to side with her. It was I believe what drove her to jump off the boat. Worse even than Leon leaving was that Eddie did not back her up in her outrage against Kate. She thought their hookups meant he had to agree with her ever after and so viewed his disagreement and attempt to make her see sense as another, more painful, betrayal. Deluded and dumb.

And because she took offense to that pretty benign situation she started getting paranoid about where that left them in the hook up department. She felt stupid and her going on and on as some discarded school girl was her way of setting the stage for "big bad Eddie" had his way with me and promised me a life of Roses and chocolates just so he can get into pants. It's such a shame that her ploy worked to some degree.

• Love 8

Rocky and Eddie agreed to keep their fling on the down low.

Rocky broke that agreement, and then bragged to various people. That was a crappy thing to do. The people she chose to brag to were people she KNEW it would hurt. That's an even crappier thing to do. I don't care why she did it. I think she was/is a narcissistic bitch.

When Amy told Eddie that Rocky was telling people they were having sex, he made a bad decision. He didn't just deny it. He went on a full-on offensive. He made a scene, he broke into her room, and he accused her of making things up. And that was a total dick move. If he was going to lie, he could have done so without all that -- and it would have been believable, left the crew to draw their own conclusions, and avoided the drama. He could have said, "You know, I can't believe she's starting this, but I'm not going to play into her games. Let's say Rocky and I had sex. Even if we did, I'm not going to discuss it because who I have sex with is between me and that person."

What he chose to do ENSURED it would all end up on TV. He doesn't get a pass from me just because what Rocky did was classless. They both behaved like jackasses.

• Love 10

Did I completely imagine this or was there a clip in the commercial about the entire season (not the week-to-week episode commercials) where Rocky was talking to one of the male guests, and then there you hear a voice-over of Amy saying something like "he's married!"

Did I totally imagine this, or maybe misheard something? I know Bravo likes to do this with their commercials -- show a clip that isn't in the main episodes.  

I hope we get to see more of Amy next season, and not just as the sympathetic person who listens! 

• Love 1

Just didn't care for Amy's hairstyle this reunion. She has worn i that way before and it just looks heavy, hanging and stiff, not at all that high southern hair she likes to brag about.

Kate's just looked dry and I don't know if it's due to the salt and sun, over processing, poor diet, genetics or all of the above.

The beard looked good on Eddie.

Emile's looked like it always has flat and oily.

Captain's, Connie's and Rocky's looked the same.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

Did I completely imagine this or was there a clip in the commercial about the entire season (not the week-to-week episode commercials) where Rocky was talking to one of the male guests, and then there you hear a voice-over of Amy saying something like "he's married!"

Did I totally imagine this, or maybe misheard something? I know Bravo likes to do this with their commercials -- show a clip that isn't in the main episodes.  

I hope we get to see more of Amy next season, and not just as the sympathetic person who listens!

I don't remember that but if it did happen, it might pop up in the Secrets Revealed episode.

While Yours Truly makes a good point, I think what got a lot of us about Eddie's behavior is that he tried to make it seem like she lied, not just denying it ever happened, when there's cameras to prove that wasn't the case. I'm sure if Rocky went to the same lengths and tried to say Eddie was making the whole thing up that viewers would feel just as annoyed because we know it's not true.

• Love 3

I agree that there is often a double standard when it comes to hook ups that makes it ok for guys to brag, but for me personally I would be just as disgusted by Eddie doing it as I am with Rocky doing it, in fact I would maybe be harder on Eddie because it's more typical male behavior and it disgusts me that guys think it's ok. I also didn't necessarily fault Eddie for denying initially, but I do fault him for trying to make Rocky look crazy, she does that well on her on, and in my opinion that was a douche move to use his credibility to actually make someone look bad when he knew he was lying.

I didn't think about the aspect of Rocky bragging how "good it was" and what I find kinda funny about it is that she keeps going on about how amazing it was and Eddie does not seem to agree.

• Love 3

I didn't think about the aspect of Rocky bragging how "good it was" and what I find kinda funny about it is that she keeps going on about how amazing it was and Eddie does not seem to agree.

I feel like it is Rocky's thing to be "the cool girl" and that is why she is doing that. You know...The girl who is totally cool with the casual hook up no strings attached sex...ooor it is her attempt to try to make Emile and Amy jealous. Either one of those things is possible. But you are right, Eddie didn't seem all that impressed by it, or if he was he has the tact to keep it to himself, whereas a rocky doesn't.

• Love 2

I think a fair amount of Rocky's behavior in the last two episodes had to do with her not being the "fairest of them all" amongst the ladies. She loved being the center of attention with all the males; however then her partner in "spite" Leon fled, Eddie became distant & then Ben came on the ship, which clearly delighted Kate. So she went back to trying to buddy up to Emile (who to me seemed crushed when he heard about the Eddie hook-up). I honestly don't think her attitude with Ben in the kitchen would've been nearly as crappy, were it not for his history with Kate.

Kate did not simply hate Rocky; although after watching the season, I'm sure Kate hates her now. The footage showed her being amused by Rocky's laundry singing. I think Kate & Amy worked their asses off and I'm sure knowing that they were stuck with dead weight Rocky (for purposes of the drama she brought to the show) had to have grated on their last nerves.

• Love 7

I used to like Connie, but now I see a smugness in her that really isn't appealing or cute. Rocky spent a good chunk of the reunion talking, but honestly, she drove most of the storylines this season so that makes sense - I'm not a fan of hers, but that's what it was. I still adore Amy. I think she's adorable and a genuine sweetheart. I think some of the comments Emile made during the reunion were pretty insightful, like when he talked about how the other stews wanted to help Rocky, not hurt her.

I've always been ehhhh on Connie. On the one hand she seems competent, which is a relief after some of the yahoos on this show. On the other hand, I think she has a mean streak and feels pretty justified in it. I think I could work with her, but I don't think I'd ever want to be good friends with her or open up to her.

• Love 1

So I kind of do think there is something to the Kate and a mug of wine story. During the episode Kate looked uncharacteristically worried about being blamed for the fire and then at the reunion Eddie did a classic "I don't remember" about it. So I think there may have been some truth to it in some way. My guess is there was some wine(I could see some of the more experienced crew members pouring the dregs from bottles about to be thrown out into a mug and splitting it while they clean up or sipping on wine that's kept in the kitchen for cooking or something) but Rocky never saw anyone drink out of it and didn't actually know for sure whose it was or why it was in the kitchen. However, that didn't start the fire. And like a school girl, Rocky blamed Kate for Leon being fired when it was never Kate's call to begin with. It's like being in the 7th grade and hating a girl because she got the lead in the school play you thought your BFF should have gotten. Rocky's just childish.

• Love 1

I like Connie a lot. She's a "take no prisoners " person. She's a hard worker, she wants to learn and does learn, holds her own with the guys, and knows how and when to have a good time. Rocky has one job (in her mind): to promote Rocky regardless of the consequences. She's really bereft of any conscience, humility, or work ethic. If she "makes it" in the entertainment field, I believe she would be a HUGE pain in the ass to everyone involved.

• Love 2

I don't see what was uncharacteristic about Kate's reaction to the fire. It was a fire on a ship, she was the person using the oven and was the highest ranking person in the galley. She seemed absolutely fine when Captain Lee said they would investigate and than put it behind them given that she wouldn't have known graveSide threw out her mug, I standby the idea that Rocky is full if shit.

• Love 7

I don't see what was uncharacteristic about Kate's reaction to the fire. It was a fire on a ship, she was the person using the oven and was the highest ranking person in the galley. She seemed absolutely fine when Captain Lee said they would investigate and than put it behind them given that she wouldn't have known graveSide threw out her mug, I standby the idea that Rocky is full if shit.

It was just a vibe. Kate seems to have a good sense of when she fucked up and when she didn't and she's pretty ballsy about sticking to her guns when she knows she didn't fuck up. During the investigation she kept saying it wasn't her fault, but with an expression on her face that said she fucked up about something at some point. Don't get me wrong, I think Rocky was full of shit and the story about the wine was bullshit, mostly. I just think it was 95% bullshit, not 100%. Like there was a cup of wine some place in the kitchen that got thrown out at some point. Annnnnd that's all Rocky knows. Any specifics about who was doing what with it were probably all conjecture.

It was just a vibe. Kate seems to have a good sense of when she fucked up and when she didn't and she's pretty ballsy about sticking to her guns when she knows she didn't fuck up. During the investigation she kept saying it wasn't her fault, but with an expression on her face that said she fucked up about something at some point. Don't get me wrong, I think Rocky was full of shit and the story about the wine was bullshit, mostly. I just think it was 95% bullshit, not 100%. Like there was a cup of wine some place in the kitchen that got thrown out at some point. Annnnnd that's all Rocky knows. Any specifics about who was doing what with it were probably all conjecture.

If that were the case, and there were any truth about Rocky witnessing some suspicious mug-o-wine incident the night of the fire, why wait all this time to bring it to light? She had her chance when she was called to the bridge to give her report. She certainly relished her chance in the spotlight, pointing fingers every which way at Kate when Captain Lee gave her an opportunity to tell her side of what happened. Why no Kate was "drunk and hammered" then, Rocky?

At first I thought Eddie's "I don't remember" response to Rocky's accusation about him dumping out "Kate's mug" was sketchy, but upon review, I think he's just incredulous. He probably realized he has to tread lightly with this fruitbat, because she's already made it clear she's willing to take him down with her. She made that apparent right out of the gate, with her comment about unloading to his girlfriend. I'm sure he's had enough of a mess to clean up at home and professionally; he doesn't need Rocky spewing facts and fiction, fast and loose, all over whatever damage control he's been able to achieve.

I'm quite confident that if Rocky had any legitimate ammo on Kate, she would have used it a looooong time ago.

• Love 6

If that were the case, and there were any truth about Rocky witnessing some suspicious mug-o-wine incident the night of the fire, why wait all this time to bring it to light? She had her chance when she was called to the bridge to give her report. She certainly relished her chance in the spotlight, pointing fingers every which way at Kate when Captain Lee gave her an opportunity to tell her side of what happened. Why no Kate was "drunk and hammered" then, Rocky?

At first I thought Eddie's "I don't remember" response to Rocky's accusation about him dumping out "Kate's mug" was sketchy, but upon review, I think he's just incredulous. He probably realized he has to tread lightly with this fruitbat, because she's already made it clear she's willing to take him down with her. She made that apparent right out of the gate, with her comment about unloading to his girlfriend. I'm sure he's had enough of a mess to clean up at home and professionally; he doesn't need Rocky spewing facts and fiction, fast and loose, all over whatever damage control he's been able to achieve.

I'm quite confident that if Rocky had any legitimate ammo on Kate, she would have used it a looooong time ago.

Oh it's totally possible that it's all bullshit. Maybe it was something Leon told her. Who knows? Although, I thought Rocky did bring it up at the time. She didn't, it was just Leon? I swear somebody accused Kate of drinking at the time.

And I don't think (and have said) that Rocky saw Kate drink anything. I can buy she knew about some sort of wine that was open in the kitchen. Maybe over time she convinced herself it was Kate's, but in the moment didn't think much about it because it didn't really have anything to do with the fire.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 2

Oh it's totally possible that it's all bullshit. Maybe it was something Leon told her. Who knows? Although, I thought Rocky did bring it up at the time. She didn't, it was just Leon? I swear somebody accused Kate of drinking at the time.

Yeah, it was just Leon who said that in their incident report after the fire, and as Captain Lee said, apparently he later admitted he lied.

I'm thinking the second half of the reunion is going to be a shit show, but an underwhelming one, because she's got Eddie so timid, and Andy doesn't seem to care to reign her in. Basically more Rocky looney tunes garbage.

• Love 3

I thought at the time that Leon had heard the Kate drinking story secondhand from Rocky. But maybe he was dismissive enough of Captain Lee's intelligence that he made it up himself despite the fact he had also just said he slept through the fire and was never anywhere near the galley when it was all going on?

• Love 1

I thought some of Kate's reaction to the fire, especially when she was telling Captain Lee what had happened on her end, was because she was tired. I thought there was an exchange with Eddie asking how much sleep each of them had gotten in the morning. I still do not think anyone was going to be fired because of the fire. I got the impression Captain Lee was going to interview everyone, file a report and that would be it. I think that if Leon acted a bit more humble when interviewed, apologized for the dirty oven and possibly gave an impression of working better with Kate, he would have been around a bit longer. 

I wonder if Leon told Rocky that Kate had been drinking sometime during charter, then later admitted to lying about it, and Rocky did not get the memo. I think if Leon had anything on Kate he would have been shouting it from the rafters way sooner. I would not be surprised if most of the crew had some sort of stash of alcohol onboard. Not to drink to get drunk or unable to do their job, but a bit here and there. Unless there is some legitimate proof out there, which I think Bravo would have slipped it in during the exchange, we will never know. Wine-gate is starting to remind me of the Real Housewives of OC Brooks' cancer debacle.

• Love 4

I think Rocky told Leon about the wine... If I remember correctly Leon threw it out there, and then when pressed for details admitted it was second hand info, but I'm lot positive, I'm sure there will be a marathon soon, or I can check on demand.

The only thing that has me tripped up on not blowing it off as Rocky exaggerating is Eddie saying he didn't remember, that seems like an odd answer, it seems like the natural reaction would be him saying "it didn't happen" and the fact that Eddie so easily lied about the Rocky thing I just don't trust him now, that's what I said in an earlier post that I hated that I now believe Rocky over Eddie.

Even as I typed that I was thinking about Eddies reaction to Amy telling him Rocky was talking about the hook up, and I do think his reaction kinda gave away that something did in fact happen. It's hard to say when you don't actually know somebody how they would react to any given situation, so this is simply my opinion, but the fact that he got so over the top angry in retrospect was kinda a tell that he was lying. If it truly didn't happen I think if I were me I'd be mad, but not ragey because I would be confident in the fact that I knew it didn't happen, but eddies reaction was what I feel like I would do if I knew I were busted and I was grasping for one little chance that I could deny it.

• Love 3