Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: Reunion Part 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Captain Lee shutting down Rocky every chance he had was my everything. Love him.

Kate was completely wrong in her tweets, but I still am all about her over Rocky.

Amy really should be moderating this reunion, not Andy.

That's all I've got.

• Love 13

Captain Lee haaaates Rocky.

Yeah, clearly I was wrong in my prior assessment of how little he cared about the whole Rocky fiasco. I don't think I've ever been so happy to be mistaken either, his multi-stage smackdown of her was a thing of beauty.

I do wonder if Don might be back. Cap'n Lee seemed softer towards him... Certainly softer than he was toward Rocky! (Deservedly so.)

I thought Don was a pretty stand up guy for just going on and apologizing for his behavior.

I was pleasantly surprised by how mature and genuinely contrite Don was. He seemed like an entirely different person than he was on the yacht.

• Love 15

IWhen Kate says stuff like, "this isn't about getting along it is a job," and then in the next sentence talking team work.

I don't think those are contradictory, I think she just badly stated what she told Leon during the season, they don't need to personally get along they just need to work together to provide the best service. I know I have successfully worked on teams with people I wanted to punch in the face or at very least not breathe the same air, I still managed to work with them.

• Love 18

Even if your parents raise you to be a complete asshole--as it seems Rocky-Raquel's parents did--you still have the opportunity to bounce back as a young adult and adult to change things, become a worthwhile human, contribute to the world.

You know, read the room, see how people react. And people generally don't react well to entitled pieces of shit. Rocky's fake smile--more like a grimace--throughout the reunion just looked to me like someone devoid of a soul--almost evil. I think she trots it out when she's in trouble. You know, "I'm evil, but aren't I just so precious and cute when I smile?".

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 11

Even if your parents raise you to be a complete asshole--as it seems Rocky-Raquel's parents did--you still have the opportunity to bounce back as a young adult and adult to change things, become a worthwhile human, contribute to the world.

You know, read the room, see how people react. And people generally don't react well to entitled pieces of shit. Rocky's fake smile--more like a grimace--throughout the reunion just looked to me like someone devoid of a soul--almost evil. I think she trots it out when she's in trouble. You know, "I'm evil, but aren't I just so precious and cute when I smile?".

Her ceiling gaze rivals the Duggar side gaze.

• Love 4

I do wonder if Don might be back. Cap'n Lee seemed softer towards him... Certainly softer than he was toward Rocky! (Deservedly so.)

Unlike Rocky, Don was humble and apologetic.

• Love 11

I don't give two shits if Kate had a mug of wine. Unlike Kat of seasons past, we've not seen Kate behave in a drunken manner even when she was drinking and how a mug of wine somehow explains an oven fire & burnt popcorn when Kate wasn't even in the damn room just shows how STUPID Rocky is. Clearly Kate erred b/c she didn't explain to Chef Rocky that she may need to pay attention to the popcorn in the microwave.

The only time I thought Kate might have been drunk was when she, Amy and Connie were in the bubble bath. There was a shot of Kate in the bath where I thought she looked drunk. However, they were NOT on charter and it could have been that they were just being goofy.

Rocky is the queen of deflection. Instead of having any self-reflection, she throws BS out about people and sees if any of it will stick. And some of the stuff she says (makes up) could potentially damage the careers of her crew mates. That is the behavior of an immature, spoiled brat.

Re: Kate's comments about Rocky (slut-shaming) -- unfortunate and unnecessary. I realize Rocky can be an annoying little gnat that you want to squash, but Kate didn't need to go there. Especially when said that it was common for crew members to hook up on charter.

As for Don, it appears that after watching the show, he realized how poorly he behaved and came to the reunion contrite. Rocky could learn a thing or two from him.

• Love 6

Rocky's defense of Leon is just the final straw for me.  He's indefensible.  Now on to Kate....

She's a hard worker and okay at her job.  I think her bubble party, cardboard Zeus lightning bolt, cardboard shark fin/mouth idea, and that twister game were all lame and low rent for charters that cost the guests tens of thousand$ per day.  Come on, Kate. Put together a trunk of well executed party games/props to keep onboard. The ones she put together are drunken college student caliber. 

She pits her co-workers against each other which is a stupid move for someone who is all about teamwork.

• Love 7

Sorry I know that was a random tangent, but when I re-read what I wrote I didn't want anyone to feel insulted that I called Rocky dumb.

Why would we feel insulted?  She is dumb.

Loved this clip and we have Rocky's pathetic attempt at going up against Capt Lee in the last five seconds:

http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck/season-3/episode-15/videos/captain-lee-doesnt-like-excuses

The good part is that I don't think the captain would ever allow her on a yacht he was captaining ever again and hopefully her 15 minutes is up. 

Captain is explaining to her what she did was wrong and she says.....are you gonna hold on to this for the rest of your life?  See?  DUMB!!  I'm sure Captain is not gonna be sitting at Thanksgiving dinner talking about Rocky diving off the boat.  They are at a reunion and discussing it so of course he's going to give his opinion. Cripes, she an ass....a DUMB ass!!

• Love 9

Rocky's defense of Leon is just the final straw for me.  He's indefensible.  Now on to Kate....

She's a hard worker and okay at her job.  I think her bubble party, cardboard Zeus lightning bolt, cardboard shark fin/mouth idea, and that twister game were all lame and low rent for charters that cost the guests tens of thousand$ per day.  Come on, Kate. Put together a trunk of well executed party games/props to keep onboard. The ones she put together are drunken college student caliber. 

She pits her co-workers against each other which is a stupid move for someone who is all about teamwork.

Rocky thinks it is her place to defend the indefensible.  Lee certainly rattle off a litany of reasons Leon was unacceptable as a chef on this particular charter.  it was the right time to shut her down.

I agree about Kate and her cheesy party ideas.  The foam party was the guest's idea.  The diving competition was the guest's idea.  What bothered me about all of them is no one addressed that first Rocky and then Kate did not know that you close the oven door if it is on fire. I expected the captain to address it.  I am thinking it is far less of a deal than what we saw or production would have stepped in.  I think Amy is actually better at parties and guest relations than Kate.  I always get the impression Kate is more concerned about service ending than enjoyment of the guests. My guess is she is far better as reality chief stew than she is in real life.  She always seems like she resents the guests.  She has gotten better this year.

• Love 4

I think the reason why Rocky thinks she needs to get along with her coworkers in order to actually work with them (so in this case, Leon is the only one who fits the bill for her), is because she has the mentality of a 6 year old or a middle school girl, you know where you both hate the same people and always have each other's backs no matter what? That's because she never grew out of that mentality that it's possible to totally hate someone's guts on a personal level but still remain professional enough to get a job done. 

• Love 7

Why would we feel insulted?  She is dumb.

It's possible she didn't want people to be insulted and was being careful, because there were people that were insulted when Connie was called ugly.  Personally, I think being called dumb is worse than being called ugly.  

Speaking of ugly - I used to think she was funny but after watching Kate's two seaons and the reunion, I can't think of one single time when she was 'funny' that she jalso wasn't cutting someone down.  Imo, Kate looks brittle and bitter because that's what she is on the inside. 

If Amy is as kind and wise as I think she is, she'll be distancing herself from Kate in 3...2...1....  Connie, on the other hand, I can see her and Kate becoming BFFs . 

Amy deserves to be Chief Stew.

• Love 6

I think Amy actually enjoys hospitality and service and that translates itself in a warmth and likability that impresses guests and leaders.

I recall besides her enthusiasm in client interactions she often tried to help her teammates and coworkers and brother with problems they have professionally and personally.

• Love 10

Kate looked like a 45 year old chain smoker who spends way too much time in the sun at the reunion. I thought her 'whore' comments aimed at Rocky were repulsive and I wouldn't be surprised if she did drink on board. I think her attitude is awful and she's condescending.

I used to like Connie, but now I see a smugness in her that really isn't appealing or cute. Rocky spent a good chunk of the reunion talking, but honestly, she drove most of the storylines this season so that makes sense - I'm not a fan of hers, but that's what it was. I still adore Amy. I think she's adorable and a genuine sweetheart. I think some of the comments Emile made during the reunion were pretty insightful, like when he talked about how the other stews wanted to help Rocky, not hurt her.

Eddie is still a turd.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 5

It's possible she didn't want people to be insulted and was being careful, because there were people that were insulted when Connie was called ugly.  Personally, I think being called dumb is worse than being called ugly.  

Speaking of ugly - I used to think she was funny but after watching Kate's two seaons and the reunion, I can't think of one single time when she was 'funny' that she jalso wasn't cutting someone down.  Imo, Kate looks brittle and bitter because that's what she is on the inside. 

If Amy is as kind and wise as I think she is, she'll be distancing herself from Kate in 3...2...1....  Connie, on the other hand, I can see her and Kate becoming BFFs . 

Amy deserves to be Chief Stew.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  One's person's ugly may be another's beauty.....but dumb is just dumb.  There's no way around it.  Rocky can change that though if she wanted too.  She really does need to wisen up and see that the world doesn't revolve around her.

• Love 4

I'm not sure if dumb is quite the right word for Rocky, she doesn't strike me as unintelligent (she's reasonably well-spoken, can be shrewd at times). But she's so monstrously entitled and narcissistic that she seems to have zero awareness of other people's feelings and how her actions will be received. She's clearly never learned that there's such a thing as bad attention.

I'll admit to a morbid curiosity about whether she got and kept her job working for Aleks by bonding over shared dislike of Captain Lee, or by putting out. I can't imagine that actually doing a good job could be the reason.

• Love 8

Looks and surface are pretty insignificant. I've come to realize that after I turned 30 and had a family.

But I think the point was people got offended when Connie was called "ugly" and the posts were removed but if say I called her an idiot or weirdo and jerk no one would flag it. In the long run being ugly or stupid or even crazy is subjective opinion.

• Love 1

Kate looked like a 45 year old chain smoker who spends way too much time in the sun at the reunion. I thought her 'whore' comments aimed at Rocky were repulsive and I wouldn't be surprised if she did drink on board. I think her attitude is awful and she's condescending.

Captain isn't afraid to call out bullshit behavior on his boat, as he should.  He didn't have anything to say about Kate's tweets, and as they didn't happen on his watch, he probably shouldn't.  But I sure hope he's taking notes about her character.  Because that girl is hateful and if he's watching carefully, he'll see that she really isn't all about treating the guests with respect.  See:  penis blanket.

Eddie is still a turd.

It can't be said enough.  And now he's a turd with a 'stache. 

• Love 4

Rocky kept doing the whole "Fine, I didn't do anything, I didn't work AT ALL" whenever anyone was trying to express their frustration with her lack of experience and work ethic. That's such a childs answer. I hate it when people do that whole extreme thing where they contradict whats being said by offering up a ridiculous comparission.. "Oh so fine, so you're saying that I didn't anything I did no work" to make it seem like the others are exaggerating or lying. Silly and stupid.

Kate's slut shaming comments on twitter. Harsh for sure but damn there were clever and funny as hell. Especially the one about the mermaid tail.

I sure hope Eddie is broken up with his girlfriend. If he is I could give two fucks if he banged Rocky 2 more times. That's what she wanted right? To know that she can have him crawling back for more nookie? But then she's still mad that he won't admit it? Why the hell are you opening your legs to a man that is ashamed of doing the deed with you? I'm sorry I know this isn't the politically correct answer but you can't count on a man to be respectful about the deed under those circumstances and Rocky is obviously still engaging in such a sketchy hook up (if what she says is true) so why is she less disgusting than Eddie is accused of being? Yuck!

Looks and surface are pretty insignificant. I've come to realize that after I turned 30 and had a family.

But I think the point was people got offended when Connie was called "ugly" and the posts were removed but if say I called her an idiot or weirdo and jerk no one would flag it. In the long run being ugly or stupid or even crazy is subjective opinion.

I don't think Connie is attractive at all. Is that really a big deal? I find her very unattractive and I find Rocky weird looking. I think Amy's pretty and Kate is attractive but she got some stuff going on that makes her look older and a bit worn. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

Wow! I am IN LOVE with Captain Lee on this reunion (and I am a straight male)!!!! I thought he was so on the ball calling out Rocky's ridiculous "me, me, i" attitude and loved the fact that she had NOTHING to say in her defense because she knew he was right. Captain Lee does not seem like a gossip or pot stirrer, so it really goes to show me how truly insufferable Rocky must have been on charter. I feel like he would have fired her in a heartbeat if the producers had let him, and this reunion was him accounting for all of his Rocky centric frustrations and just being sick of her delusions

ETA - I am not sure where this thing about Connies looks are coming from, as I did not even see a single post about it (and I can't imagine a simple opinion would be removed) but I also do not find her physically attractive. She is not repulsive, and has a great personality, but I am definitely not into her looks. Rocky is so - so in the looks department (great bum, but strange and not attractive face) and Kate looks pretty sometimes, and other times looks pretty old. I think Amy is the best looking female on the boat strictly based on looks and physical attraction

Edited by bblancobrnx
  • Love 1

I must have missed this. When did Kate call Rocky a "whore?" Was it on the show, in a Tweet, or during the reunion?

• Love 1

[snip].....but dumb is just dumb.  There's no way around it.

Strongly disagree.  So many types of dumb.  So many ways to be dumb.  Dumb is not all or nothing.

The cast is not interesting enough to warrant a 2 hr. reunion.  This could have been wrapped up in 1 hr. in the Clubhouse. 

I could not understand anything Emile was saying.

I agree.  They should have just addressed what happened between Eddie and Rocky because that's all that anyone is talking about anyway. Bravo knows this and that's why the 'cliff hanger'.  One hour would have been enough for me.

I can't figure Emile out.  He's like a child in his naivete, loyalty and honesty.  When he said that about how all guys masturbate, at first I was like, 'I really don't want to hear that' especially the way Classy Connie blurted it out with no context.  But damn if he wasn't just truth tellin'.

But he has wise eyes.  And a kind soul. Good looks, hot bod.  But he's so damn childlike that as a full grown woman, I'd have a hard time taking him seriously as a man.

• Love 5

I must have missed this. When did Kate call Rocky a "whore?" Was it on the show, in a Tweet, or during the reunion?

Andy read her tweets during the reunion. She made comments about Rocky not being able to keep her legs closed. She may not have used the word 'whore' exactly (I can't recall), but she certainly was rudely saying that Rocky sleeps around and implying that she was gross for that.

Strongly disagree.  So many types of dumb.  So many ways to be dumb.  Dumb is not all or nothing.

I agree with this.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2

I agree.  They should have just addressed what happened between Eddie and Rocky because that's all that anyone is talking about anyway. Bravo knows this and that's why the 'cliff hanger'.  One hour would have been enough for me.

I can't figure Emile out.  He's like a child in his naivete, loyalty and honesty.  When he said that about how all guys masturbate, at first I was like, 'I really don't want to hear that' especially the way Classy Connie blurted it out with no context.  But damn if he wasn't just truth tellin'.

But he has wise eyes.  And a kind soul. Good looks, hot bod.  But he's so damn childlike that as a full grown woman, I'd have a hard time taking him seriously as a man.

Well, he is/was ~22 right?

• Love 1

Captain Lee is not holding back at all. Wow.

I rolled my eyes at him.  He was acting like one of the Real Housewives.  See, I think he was pissed because Bravo probably told him he had to keep Rocky because she was good TV.  In a real situation he would have fired her.  I mean no one wants to watch a Bravo show where everybody gets along and there's no drama, that's why no one watched season 1 of Big Brother.  Anyway, I have so sympathy for the captain because he signed on for this show.  No one put a gun to his head and told him he had to do it.  He's doing it for the fame and $$$.  He's a fame-whore just like the rest of them.  

Captain isn't afraid to call out bullshit behavior on his boat, as he should.  He didn't have anything to say about Kate's tweets, and as they didn't happen on his watch, he probably shouldn't.  But I sure hope he's taking notes about her character.  Because that girl is hateful and if he's watching carefully, he'll see that she really isn't all about treating the guests with respect.  See:  penis blanket.

I think Kate is a miserable, hateful shrew who is angry at the world because her life didn't turn out the way she wanted, meaning she never met and married a rich man.  Poor baby.

Amy should be Chief Stew.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9

I think everyone - Amy, Lee, Ben - knows how spiteful and controlling Kate is. They just manipulate her right back. She strikes me as someone who cannot sustain any kind of long-term friendship, with anyone.

Oh, and I wish someone would hand her a jar of heavy duty hair conditioner and a gift card to a hair stylist. I don't like her, despite her chief stew skills, but I tolerate her when she's being clever and pleasant. But she showed her true character with those sexist nasty tweets about Rocky. Her facade can only last so long under pressure.

Maybe Rocky will slither back to some other form of reality TV, because she got played in this one. I think she assumed she would be portrayed as the kooky-but-beautiful charmer, and instead she came off as an annoying demented child. She probably never envisioned a reunion where everyone piled up on her. I think she's shocked at how things turned out and is trying to brazen it out through to the end. I'm surprised she didn't storm off the set after all of Lee's sermonizing.

Someone talked some sense into clueless, arrogant Emile, because he cleaned up his act for the reunion.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4

See, I think he was pissed because Bravo probably told him he had to keep Rocky because she was good TV. In a real situation he would have fired her.

I agree with this assessment. And I can't blame him at all. Just like when Don said he has real bosses to answer to. Captain Lee is undermined all over the place. Can't blame him for wanting to vent. In the old old days I think Rocky would have been made to walk to plank

• Love 4

Well, he is/was ~22 right?

Is that all?  Yeah, then kind of a baby.  Man/child.  I'd like to see him at 35. 

I rolled my eyes at him.  He was acting like one of the Real Housewives.

I was okay with him taking Rocky to task on certain things. But his response to Kate on Twitter about something Rocky said, which she said sarcastically imo, was unbefitting to a man who wants to be above it all. He sounded like a little bitch in his response.  Man up, Captain.

I think Kate is a miserable, hateful shrew who is angry at the world because her life didn't turn out the way she wanted, meaning she never met and married a rich man.  Poor baby.

Amy should be Chief Stew.

Yes and yes. 

• Love 2

Emile wearing his grandfathers suit. Priceless!

Was Eddie high or something? He hardly said a word and just kept grinning. Weird. Maybe he'll have more to say on Part 2. 

Kate turning to Andy and frustratingly asking "Why is she(Rocky) being allowed to talk so much"?  Yea, stupid Andy, Whyyyyyy? 

• Love 1

And since we're talking about dumb...

11_05_01_320149.jpg

Just because we've only seen her have a few drinks and look drunk on a couple 'non-charter' occasions, doesn't mean she didn't have a mug of wine handy on the night in question.  Was she hammered or whatever Rocky said?  I didn't see that but I don't think she's above trying to sneak a glass of wine on he job.  Pay attention, Captain. 

• Love 2

I meant to ask earlier about the crime behind the mugshot. When I followed the link, it just said they picked her up because she was wanted for something else, but it didn't say what that was. Anyone know?

Maybe Lee suspects her of drinking on charter but hasn't seen any proof himself. He almost sounded as if he was warning her during the reunion: "If I have proof of drinking on charter I will deal with it."

ETA: maybe she was arrested for the hair.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 7

Andy read her tweets during the reunion. She made comments about Rocky not being able to keep her legs closed. She may not have used the word 'whore' exactly (I can't recall), but she certainly was rudely saying that Rocky sleeps around and implying that she was gross for that.

I agree with this.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I played back the recording. Here's the dialogue:

Kate:

Tell me. I will stand behind whatever I've Tweeted.

Andy

Well, I have some Tweets that you have sent.

(reading from Kate's Tweets):

"Rocky thinks her job is being sexual with every male on board. There's a name for that job and it's not stewardess."

"I was so surprised when I found Rocky's mermaid tale. She just doesn't seem like a girl that enjoys keeping her legs together."

[to Rocky:] Did any of those Tweets that I just read irritate you?

Rocky:

Yeah, it's just funny.  Yeah.

Kate:

Well, anyways, I am so sorry if my menial Twitter following offended you.

Rocky:

You are evil.  You are just straight up evil.

[cut to commercial]

Kate did not call Rocky or anyone a "whore." She stood behind her words and apologized if they were hurtful. Her smirky tone isn't ideal, but this is more than most of the other characters on Below Deck, notably Rocky, has ever done.   I can imagine Rocky's reaction if Kate called her "evil."

By the way, it was Emile who called someone a whore. He directed that term to Connie during the series in Episode 12. This was shown again on the reunion show.   Emile seems to continue to get a pass from Andy Cohen for saying the most offensive things because he is deemed to be young and good looking.  The former does not give him a pass for acting like a jerk and the latter apparently is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 6

I thought Captain Lee was kind of immature because why do you need to "call people out?"  Does that make folks feel better?  I mean if someone's an asshole, why do you need someone to say it?   

Rocky was silly and foolish, but that's all she was.  I find Kate to be very nasty and hateful, something about her botoxed face grosses me out and just because Kate didn't use the word "whore" doesn't mean shit because that's what she meant.  I think Kate was pissed because no one wanted to hook up with HER.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I would much rather have as a boss someone like Kate, who is hands on, getting shit done in a no nonsense way, then Eddie who everyone admitted had checked out. Then he is praised for his leadership yet because Kate expects her interior staff to work hard at their given applied for job she's a bitch? I would personally have been a lot more harsh than her if my crew was in essence a team member down. Sure Rocky did laundry but the amount of bitching and crying to get out of doing her job would have had me doing a lot more than a few tweets. I have 2 small children, I know the sudden emotional breakdown tactic well.

• Love 14

I thought Captain Lee was kind of immature because why do you need to "call people out?"  Does that make folks feel better?  I mean if someone's an asshole, why do you need someone to say it?   

Rocky was silly and foolish, but that's all she was.  I find Kate to be very nasty and hateful, something about her botoxed face grosses me out and just because Kate didn't use the word "whore" doesn't mean shit because that's what she meant.  I think Kate was pissed because no one wanted to hook up with HER.

Yes, it makes me feel better.  In general, I like to see people be held accountable for their actions.  It makes me feel like the world is a reasonably fair place. 

Also, I liked it because I don't think Rocky is unintelligent and I'm hopeful she can be redirected.  I think she bought into the same bullshit a lot of us did about how our opinions have intrinsic value, or an education should lead to some kind of respect in the workplace, and, I think she needs to be re-educated on that front so she can drop the air of entitlement and be successful.  The only way that happens, imho, is if someone calls her out.  I was happy when Ben did it last episode as she complained in the kitchen, I was happy when Captain did it on the reunion.  

It's also cathartic, because Rocky is the kind of person who grates on my nerves in irrational ways.  So- lots of reasons, then, why I'll cheer the captain.

As far as Kate's tweets- I don't really believe in the concept of shaming (nobody can make you feel shame, if you feel bad when they relay their interpretation of your behavior that's on you) but I think they were in poor taste.  I'm curious, though, how that translates to her being jealous because everyone wanted to sleep with Rocky.  Maybe Kate just felt like Rocky should have focused on the stew part of the job instead of the reality showmance piece.

• Love 14

This is interesting. Is sharing that you feel that someone puts out regularly and without bias equal to saying that it's gross? Or is the behavior on it's own giving off that message? And if that message comes across just listing the acts then it's not Kate saying it's gross or shameful it's the universal stigma that comes from Rocky's actions that puts that out there.  Kate's just commenting on how she believes Rocky operates.  Now I know I'm using semantics but I do find it very interesting that the slut shamming is what is being concluded to because Kate mentions matter of fact behaviors from Rocky not because Kates saying she gross for doing so. You can tell she's not impressed with Rocky's antics and she has every right to her opinion. Especially after seeing it up close and personal.

Shit I can go on and on about how I think Rocky's a big fat tease, uses her sexuality for attention, and is tacky as hell for showing her butt checks every chance she gets but pointing out what is painfully obvious and SHOWN on the show isn't slut shaming her it's just calling her out on some stupid behavior that she actually portrayed. I think Rocky is gross because she engaged in shady behavior and tried to play victim while villanizing her partner in crime and not because she is down to get some in the laundry room with (non) bachelor #3 after flirting and trying to hot tub it with the other men on the crew. Not my cup of tea, to each their own and all that but pick a lane and act accordingly.

The zig zag crap she's pulling with the Oh me Oh my, I was just another piece of ass eyelash flutter and crocodile tears is what I find extremely unappealing and attention seeking not to mention insulting. No one ruffied your drink and took advantage of you. It was a mutual thing up until deciding to make it known to the rest of the crew. The conflict was about lack of discretion, which then turned it into a retrospect of the deed itself. Rocky started that stupid train rolling and it went to a place she didn't like. Should have stopped while you were ahead darling.

Kate is expressing her opinion that she feels Rocky engages in this type of behavior frequently. If there's nothing to be ashamed about for throwing it around then Kate's observations shouldn't be all that scandalous.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 19

I greatly enjoyed Captain Lee's call-out's of Rocky, mainly because a)she totally deserved them, and b)Andy was not addressing Lee at all so he just interjected when he smelled BS. I agree Bravo forbade him from firing her and now he's saying what he's wanted to all along. Ditto for Kate pointing out that Rocky didn't earn her tips. If I'm someone's boss but am not allowed to get rid of that person for being useless and or unprofessional, I'd be pissed too. And I loved how they showed clips of Rocky shit talking Leon's food - I agree with whomever upthread said that Rocky's BFF status with Leon is purely out of mutual hatred for Kate. Immature. 

I don't care if she's a bitch, I think Kate is hilarious on the show and on social media, and though the slut shaming tweets were a bit much, I just can't muster any sympathy for Rocky under any circumstances. Bitch is not living in reality. Lazy and entitled are two of the least attractive qualities in a person, IMO. Add "possibly mentally unstable" and she's just really, really hard to watch/listen to. I hope next week is not "the Rocky show" again, but it probably will be because of the Eddie drama. Yawn. 

• Love 13

"Rocky thinks her job is being sexual with every male on board. There's a name for that job and it's not stewardess."

"I was so surprised when I found Rocky's mermaid tale. She just doesn't seem like a girl that enjoys keeping her legs together."

For what it's worth, when I heard these, I assumed Kate was "cleverly" trying to call Rocky a whore, prostitute, slut, etc. without actually saying the words.

• Love 5

Just so y'all know, posts were not deleted for calling a cast member ugly. A post was edited on request of the the original poster and posts were deleted for violating our "Be Civil" rule. Calling someone ugly is okay, as is calling them dumb. Calling each other out or using language we don't allow here, however, is not. Keep the discussion respectful to fellow posters and all will be well.

• Love 5

Maybe Rocky suffers from the Peter Pan Syndrome. "The 'Peter Pan Syndrome' affects people who do not want or feel unable to grow up, people with the body of an adult but the mind of a child. The syndrome is not currently considered a psychopathology. However, an increasingly larger number of adults are presenting emotionally immature behaviors in Western society"

• Love 2

By the way, it was Emile who called someone a whore. He directed that term to Connie during the series in Episode 12. This was shown again on the reunion show. Emile seems to continue to get a pass for saying the most offensive things because he is deemed to be young and good looking. The former does not give him a pass for acting like a jerk and the latter apparently is in the eye of the beholder.

I recall Emile getting quite a lot of flack over that at the time. Personally, I'm willing to forgive because (1) Connie seems to have done so, (2) he apologized, and (3) he admitted on the reunion that there was no excuse for that kind of behavior rather than getting defensive and trying to deflect blame elsewhere. A little self-awareness and genuine contrition goes a long way.

I thought Captain Lee was kind of immature because why do you need to "call people out?" Does that make folks feel better? I mean if someone's an asshole, why do you need someone to say it?

I find Kate to be very nasty and hateful, something about her botoxed face grosses me out and just because Kate didn't use the word "whore" doesn't mean shit because that's what she meant. I think Kate was pissed because no one wanted to hook up with HER.

I know calling Rocky out and seeing others do so does make me feel better—I have zero patience for people who don't pull their weight and then whinge about how unfair everything is. As phoenix780 said, it's cathartic to see someone who's that annoying as well as irresponsible and entitled get called on the carpet by their boss. Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 16

I know calling Rocky out and seeing others do so does make me feel better—I have zero patience for people who don't pull their weight and then whinge about how unfair everything is. As phoenix780 said, it's cathartic to see someone who's that annoying as well as irresponsible and entitled get called on the carpet by their boss.

I do think Captain Lee needs to take it down a notch ONLY because I hate to see his beautiful smack down criticized because of how overzealous he seems to be about it. I have to say, I need him ease up a bit on his delivery just a tad cause there is a bit of emotion trickling in that's tainting the awesomeness of his professional assessment and expression of it all.

The bashing just to bash is what I could do without and what I find immature especially when there isn't much basis and stretches of the imagination are made.

Edited by OnceSane
quoted post was edited
  • Love 2

Calling out your fellow posters is NOT okay. You can disagree without violating our "Be Civil" rule. Stick to discussing the events in the episode. I will delete without warning posts ignoring this mod note.

• Love 1

I don't think what Lee did was "call out" Rocky.  To me calling somebody out is when you initiate a confrontation by announcing something about them to others, which means they have to respond to it.  He was merely contradicting her asinine explanations for her bad behavior,  Rocky called out Kate on the drinking, though.

I have to say, I think there's a grain of truth to that story.  Now, obviously Rocky is a lying liar who lies, but both Eddie and Kate used the old "I don't remember that" dodge.  If I never drank on duty and somebody accused me of it, I would have no trouble immediately declaring that the accusation was a lie and demand that they retract it or prove it.  I wouldn't say I couldn't "remember."  I don't think that point was lost on Lee, and Kate had better take notice.  (She lied to him about the penis towels, remember?  Her denial seemed eerily similar)

What may be the case is that it happened at some OTHER point in the season, some version of that Eddie/Rocky conversation took place, and nobody wanted to take the chance that there was footage that could be spliced in as if it happened the night of the fire.  

Would not surprise me at all that Kate (or all of them) keeps some kind of booze in an innocuous container for a nightcap after the clients are in bed.  Not every night, but a mouthful of wine to fall asleep faster?  Yes, I can see that.  

• Love 4

I do think Captain Lee needs to take it down a notch ONLY because I hate to see his beautiful smack down criticized because of how overzealous he seems to be about it. I have to say, I need him ease up a bit on his delivery just a tad cause there is a bit of emotion trickling in that's tainting the awesomeness of his professional assessment and expression of it all.

The bashing just to bash is what I could do without and what I find immature especially when there isn't much basis and stretches of the imagination are made.

True. I can't see any boss in the real world challenging even the most difficult employee using the line, "I call bullshit."

But this isn't the real world and his role as the boss is an odd one. The crew is hired by 51 Minds Entertainment and though Captain Lee has said he has the authority to fire the crew, he can only do this if Bravo has a replacement readily available, so he's not really in charge. He has a right to be frustrated if he sees a slacking employee and he can't do anything about it.

• Love 1