Type keyword(s) to search

SNL in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

Chloe Troast was not asked back after one season. Plus info on featured players

https://tvline.com/casting-news/snl-season-50-cast-chloe-troast-leaving-new-actors-list-1235328353/

That shocks me.  And it saddens me that three women and non-binary cast members are the one not asked back. I liked all three but I would have for sure thought that Chloe did enough to earn another year at SNL.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 9

Agree. I liked Chloe and thought she made a good mark. I’m surprised she wasn’t asked back.

Molly didn’t do much but I figured as she made it through the first year she’d be back.

Was Punkie axed or did she leave by choice? 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

Agree. I liked Chloe and thought she made a good mark. I’m surprised she wasn’t asked back.

Molly didn’t do much but I figured as she made it through the first year she’d be back.

I'd like to think that SNL was a stepping stone for these talented people and they are on to bigger and better.  

42 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I read that Punkie quit.  She didn’t feel like it was a good fit, even after 4 years.  

• Useful 1
10 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I read that Punkie quit.  She didn’t feel like it was a good fit, even after 4 years.  

I kind of agree. I never felt like the she or the show fully knew what to do with her.

47 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I'd like to think that SNL was a stepping stone for these talented people and they are on to bigger and better.  

Has that happened with many people that were fired early on?

2 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Has that happened with many people that were fired early on?

It depends on how you describe "big" success, but I can think of three women off the top of my head who were let go after a year or year and a half that work pretty regularly:  Jenny Slate, Michaela Watkins, and Casey Wilson. 

• Like 3
(edited)
On 9/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, proserpina65 said:

I will really miss Punkie.  She could always be counted on to bring it even when the sketch was nothing special.  Chloe Troast will be a loss, too.  Molly Kearney won't be.  I don't feel like Kearney ever really worked on the show.

Wait, is Molly gone, too?

I'm bummed. I think they're all really talented. And Punkie was like sunshine whenever she was on. Chloe was definitely a standout and Molly's a very reliable and funny sketch player.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 3
(edited)
On 7/24/2024 at 2:08 PM, peeayebee said:

Yeah, JAJ does a fantastic Trump. Hopefully not for long.

He's great but I think they write trump too benign. 

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 2

I’m surprised they held onto Michael Longfellow. I like him, but he hasn’t had many impactful appearances. Maybe they’re grooming him to take over Weekend Update when Colin and Michael eventually leave. 

• Like 1

Two hosts and a musical guest in their 70s. I'm old, so I appreciate that. Oh, and the hosts, at least, are still at the top of their game and will probably be up for anything, which is what really matters.

John Mulaney hosted the last episode before the 2020 election, so maybe they're trying to start a tradition.

Makes you wonder if they're trying to get Dave Chappelle to host the first episode after the election again.