Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Heads Up

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I wish this episode had aired last week and they'd put Morgan's Moral Journey on this week. I would have better appreciated it with the Glenn reveal out of the way. The reveal that the wolf was who Morgan was hiding would have been more effective too, even if I guessed it well before it was shown.

• Love 4

If Rick and co hadn't been there, the wolves would have killed them all.

But didn't the wolves only find them because of Aaron's backpack which was, IIRC, dropped during one of his outings with Daryl?

I too am a bit unclear as to why Maggie and Rick and everyone who saw the green balloons seemed to immediately assume it was Glenn.  Why?  Was green supposed to be Glenn's signal colour?  We didn't actually see Enid and Glenn letting the balloons go, did we?  Or that they were sending them up as a sign?  Why couldn't an equally probably assumption be that a walker took down the sign they were attached to and they flew off?  Or that the wind just blew them away?

Maggie has been clinging to Glenn's promise that if he survived, he'd send her a sign (in the sky presumably). He wanted to use the flare, but, even in death, Nicholas fucked him by smashing their flare gun with his dead body. So, Maggie's been watching the skies for some sign of the hubby. Sure, it could *not* be Glenn, but I think she believes it's him because she wants/hopes/prays that it *is* him. It's just random enough to make people believe that it was done intentionally and who would want to announce "hey, people are here!"?

Either that, or Stephen King's IT is on the prowl... ;)

This. Oh, please oh please, oh please... THIS.  (I wondered how he knew, too.  Would your scenario actually happen?  I thought the bullets would just not fit.  I like your idea MUCH better.)

I haven't the slightest idea if such a thing would/could actually happen. Reality is not necessary when planning Ron's demise. The more goofy, the better, I say. :)

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 2

Well they know they used the balloons as markers and they didn't have a bunch that big to mark any place.  So unless another person found the helium tank and made a bigger bunch, it would have to be Glenn or the others?  Who knows with this show?

• Love 1

I don't think Morgan so much deep down, 100% believes this "All Life is Precious" crap, but it's more about him latching onto the only thing he believes will keep him from turning back into the raging psycho we saw in season 3. He think he HAS to adopt this mantra, because the minute he kills again, he'll go hog wild. I know that doesn't sound entirely rational, but I can see why he thinks that. 

I would like to see his character end up saying "fuck it," killing someone who really NEEDS to be dead, and realizing he doesn't have the urge to go all HulkSmash on everything and everyone around him after all. Then go back to the Morgan we saw when Rick first met him.

• Love 7

I think another thing that set Sam off was when Rick was teaching him how to use the gun, he was watching smug Carl standing there with his dad.  Plus, to add insult to injury, this was the same dad who killed his dad.   And even if the dad was an abuser it was still his dad and he probably still loved him.  So I give the kid a break and will no longer call him Porchdick Jr. because I can understand that he would be filled with rage.  

• Love 5

I don't think Morgan so much deep down, 100% believes this "All Life is Precious" crap, but it's more about him latching onto the only thing he believes will keep him from turning back into the raging psycho we saw in season 3. He think he HAS to adopt this mantra, because the minute he kills again, he'll go hog wild. I know that doesn't sound entirely rational, but I can see why he thinks that. 

I'm not sure this is the whole of it because he takes it to the extreme.  I think of Rick and his farmer period.  He went to a 'crazy' place where he couldn't do any of the killing anymore and he didn't want the kids being trained.  But he didn't run around sparing everyone.  He just couldn't be a part of it.  He let the council handle things.

I think with Morgan its more self loathing than a slippery slope.  He sees himself as the worst of the worst.  He's thinking that if someone could bring him back then anyone can be saved.  So he actively stops anyone from being killed no matter their crime.  Its a step beyond pacifist.  And he could stop with not killing anyone if all he was worried about was not going psycho again.

In fairness to young Porchdick, not only has he seen his father killed and his "girlfriend" stolen by the hated newcomers, he is probably very aware that Rick wants to pork Queen Gertrude. (Interestingly, we have not been shown Carl's awareness of or reaction to his father's plan to replace Lori, or his opinion of the lady in question.)  And yet young Porchdick welcomed Carl generously to Alexandria, offering him introductions to other teens and free play with that treasured pre-apocalypse pleasure, videogames. And this is how he has been repaid! With theft, with murder, with adultery (in the heart), and now with condescension. So yes, his motivations are very understandable and from another perspective he would be a sympathetic character, but unfortunately Rick's sensitivities take precedence in the writers' room.

• Love 12

Finally got around to the this ep and was so majorly pissed off by seeing Glenn lying under all the walkers and not only not getting his face immediately eaten off, but not suffering even ONE scratch. Cheesed off too at Rick finding out how Morgan let the Dire Wolves go - the very wolves who nearly killed him in the RV. But then I thought, ah fuck it. I'll watch it. I've got nothing better to do.

The only thing I'm enjoying is seeing Rick totally dissing FPP. Loved too that Carol tattled on Morgan, and that Rosita is cracking down on the ASZHats. It was interesting to see how Enid had more brains than Glenn and... that guy he was with and came up with the brilliant plan to  - CLIMB THE FIRE ESCAPE. Other than that, I don't really care about Enid or about Spencer acting like a fool.  

Why can't someone do something about Coral's hair?

That's all.

I'm surely a party of one with this, but I've always liked the hat. I love how Rick gave it to Carl after HE was shot. "Welcome to the club, buddy". It might seem a bit childish, now that Carl is almost as tall as his dad, but in so many ways he's had to grow up before his time. He's had to abandon his childhood before he was ready. Let him keep one part of it!

No, you're not alone. I love Carl, and I love the Hat.

• Love 5

I can get on board with that idea. And if kills FPP in the process, all the better. 

Exactly. The Wolves might never have found ASZ, but that herd most certainly would have. Did you mean how long the ASZhats had been there? Or the herd? I know Deanna said some of them have been there since the start, others were stragglers. I'd guess the more capable ones (Aaron, Heath) were later arrivals. 

As for that herd.....I would guess they've been there a long time too. Somebody had to have lined that truck up and it wasn't anyone from ASZ. 

Actually, I was curious if anyone knows how long CDB has been in Alexandria. Reg and PorchDick were only killed a few days ago, I think, so they likely only would have had a few more days before the herd hit (had Aaron not brought CDB in). Of course with a herd outside, PorchDick would likely have really gone on a bender and killed a few family members in the meantime.

I just realized, poor Aaron :(    If you lay deaths at CDB's feet, they're only there because Aaron brought them. Deaths from wolves can also by linked to Aaron if you think like he does. (I don't, by the way, because I doubt he had a map in his bag and his pictures were shown to be pretty nondescript.) I wonder if he also had seen the quarry at some point. He fits into CDB really well in the harbinger-of-doom kind of way!

Oh, Rick might not notice... look at Carl's stupid bangs... but I don't think Carol will put up with that.  

Once upon a time, Daryl wouldn't put up with anyone messing with Lil' Asskicker... and it's obvious how HE feels about haircuts.  

Stay away from the scissors, Jessie.  Trust me.  

Although if they suddenly give Daryl a bowl cut, that will be hilarious!

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4

I think another thing that set Sam off was when Rick was teaching him how to use the gun, he was watching smug Carl standing there with his dad.  Plus, to add insult to injury, this was the same dad who killed his dad.   And even if the dad was an abuser it was still his dad and he probably still loved him.  So I give the kid a break and will no longer call him Porchdick Jr. because I can understand that he would be filled with rage.  

(Apparently I had a lot to say - what can I say, I like Carl and find him fascinating as a character - so I've bolded the important points (the rest is the reasoning of how I got there) for those who want to tl:dr the post.)

I am assuming here that you mean Ron - Sam is the young kid who won't come downstairs anymore - so if you didn't mean Ron, I apologize in advance. If you did mean Ron, then Ron was the one who asked Rick to teach him how to use a gun and appears to be trying to get in good with Rick. Either Ron really isn't all that traumatized that Rick killed his dad or he had ulterior motives for asking Rick to teach him to use a gun in the first place. If he isn't traumatized or angry at Rick, then there isn't much reason to feel sorry for Ron, because he is getting what he asked for, and Rick has been treating him with respect by actually taking the time to show him what to do and in the previous episode giving him one on one attention in that regard. If Ron is filled with rage, then he is either being a hypocrite by pretending he wants to learn from Rick how to use a gun to defend himself, the town, etc. and/or he's trying to usurp Carl and/or is planning to kill him, neither of which, in my opinion, is something he deserves a break for or sympathy for. If Ron was openly going around being disdainful of Rick and Carl and clearly showing that he was upset about Rick killing his dad, then I would understand and feel sympathy.

But if Ron is planning to shoot Carl, and is getting Rick to teach him how to do it? That is just low and a huge betrayal in my opinion. Ron couldn't even at least go to Rosita or Carol to teach him how to use a gun? Carol at this point would probably be all for it, I'm guessing... she might've even given him bullets if he could've convinced her that he really wanted to help defend his brother and/or mother. But if that is what Ron is planning - i.e. to shoot Carl in revenge - and he's getting Rick to teach him how for guilt on Rick's part and a maximum "screw you" revenge effect, to me that deserves zero sympathy, because that's complete dick behavior. Almost Cartman levels of dick behavior. It's one thing to want revenge, and it is even understandable, but it's another to pretend to be okay with the situation and use someone's willingness to help you to take revenge by trying to kill someone who had nothing to do with it (Carl) just to get that revenge. And because his potential "girlfriend" showed interest in said guy (Carl) is not an excuse to kill him either.

I also didn't think Carl was being overly smug, myself... He was being a little smug - but Carl has earned it, and Rick is his dad. Carl was puffing up his feathers as Rick's son. "That's the easy part, right dad?" In my opinion, Carl was as much making sure Ron knew that he and Rick had a close father/son bond and that Ron could join them, but he, Carl, was #1 son here as he was being smug, maybe more-so. Most teens are going to do that, in my opinion. Carl's had lots of things taken away from him in the past few years. That he was asserting his "claim" on his own dad, to me, is fairly understandable. And once that little huffing and puffing was done, and the pecking order established, Carl gave Ron good advice and was being helpful in showing him how to use the gun.

And again if Ron is planning something and is just faking his being okay with Rick, then I really don't blame Carl for being suspicious of Ron's attention towards his dad, and entirely understand his showing Ron that he and Rick have a close bond. If Carl let Ron just march in there and get close without testing Ron, I actually would've been disappointed in him. Rick tends to get distracted and/or on a one-track mindset, and sometimes Carl has to provide a counterpoint and/or question his dad's path - example Rick's zen gardening phase. Even if Carl isn't necessarily right, sometimes Rick needs to hear that other opinion to reassess his own path. And Carl grew up way too fast, and Rick has given him lots of grown-up responsibility, so in my opinion, it is entirely understandable that Carl thinks that his opinions are deserving of consideration on at least close to an adult level. Carl has earned that by helping numerous times to protect his baby sister and to help his dad defend their homes from zombie invasions. He's come a long way from the kid who everyone had to tell "Stay in the house, Carl."

Sorry that was long... for me Carl is more complex than I think some give the character credit for.

In fairness to young Porchdick, not only has he seen his father killed and his "girlfriend" stolen by the hated newcomers, he is probably very aware that Rick wants to pork Queen Gertrude. (Interestingly, we have not been shown Carl's awareness of or reaction to his father's plan to replace Lori, or his opinion of the lady in question.)  And yet young Porchdick welcomed Carl generously to Alexandria, offering him introductions to other teens and free play with that treasured pre-apocalypse pleasure, videogames. And this is how he has been repaid! With theft, with murder, with adultery (in the heart), and now with condescension. So yes, his motivations are very understandable and from another perspective he would be a sympathetic character, but unfortunately Rick's sensitivities take precedence in the writers' room.

As I hinted at above, that other perspective would have to not include subterfuge on the level being implied here in order for me to have a lot of sympathy. It is the underhandedness and hypocrisy that are making me not sympathize with Ron. If it turns out that I am wrong and Ron is not planning on killing Carl... or even if he has a change of heart when the zombies attack and he and Carl end up fighting together and they save each other or if Carl saves Ron and Ron realizes his jealousy and rage are misplaced, then I will change my perspective on Ron. But for me to change my mind, something like that has to happen first.

• Love 5

Well, Ron's maybe 14 or 15, without a whole lot of useful experience in handling conflict, and having been raised by an abuser, instinctively understands that if you want to strike the king, you better make sure you kill the king. Subterfuge could also be described as prudence. Even Hamlet, who knew all about handling weapons, pretended to be mad rather than just confront Claudius directly.

But the actor does come across as a sneaking little rat, probably at the director's instruction.

• Love 3

You have a point about prudence, and some kinds of subterfuge I wouldn't even mind so much - like for example if as I suggested he'd gone to Carol to learn how to use a gun. That would be subterfuge, but it wouldn't be on the level of getting Rick to be the instrument of his own revenge... That's just cold. And yes, that's the "best" way to serve revenge*, but it's not a sympathetic way or an honorable way, in my opinion.

Hence, as you said, a "sneaking little rat."

* And heh, now that I am reminded of it, if this is Ron's plan, it is pretty Khan-like from Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan... right down to taking out the son to revenge on the father.

• Love 1

What I want to know is, how on earth would PD Jr. know which bullets were right for that gun? He'd never even held one until recently, and suddenly he can suss out the armory in 5 seconds flat?

I wondered that too. He went from not knowing which end of the gun was which to encountering a pile of ammo and finding (presumably) the right bullets. I confess I entertained the notion of him picking the WRONG bullets, pulling the trigger on Carl and having the gun backfire and kill his fucking dumb ass. Not gonna lie: I smiled at the idea.

The pistol is a Glock (specifically a Glock 19, I believe) and like all Glocks has the caliber/ammo stamped on the left side of the slide. 

Sorry.  :>

• Love 2

I'm surely a party of one with this, but I've always liked the hat.

Not a party of one at all.

No, you're not alone. I love Carl, and I love the Hat.

See? he has his fans :)

Carl has always been one of my favorite characters.

He's in a position to influence the direction of the rebuilding of society, so watching him grow up and seeing how his thinking has developed is interesting.

I think the future will see him as someone to be reckoned with.

what can I say, I like Carl and find him fascinating as a character

Wonderful post detailing Carl's thinking and motivation, really- thanks.

J I hope they kinda make her an "anti-Beth," that is, sing once in a while while actually being able to ACT,

Oh, dear God no.

Not more singing.

• Love 6
But the actor does come across as a sneaking little rat, probably at the director's instruction.

It could also be the horrible haircut that his mom gave him.  Carl has an excuse to have bad hair, but that kid...do not have high expectations for the owl statue.

• Love 5
I too am a bit unclear as to why Maggie and Rick and everyone who saw the green balloons seemed to immediately assume it was Glenn.  Why?  Was green supposed to be Glenn's signal colour?  We didn't actually see Enid and Glenn letting the balloons go, did we?  Or that they were sending them up as a sign?  Why couldn't an equally probably assumption be that a walker took down the sign they were attached to and they flew off?  Or that the wind just blew them away?

I think it's because of what Glenn told Michonne - that if he made it, he'd find a way to send a signal. So they saw a bunch of balloons flying up into the sky and assumed that was his signal. 

• Love 3

IF (and that is a gigantic, super sized "IF") Judith is going to die on this show it's going to be in the most dramatic way possible but I dont think this show has the guts to do something like that. They'll bring on a dog buddy for Daryl that he completely bonds with and who saves Rick's life but then, while defending a wounded Michonne from a herd of flaming, radioactive zombies catches rabies from a passing skunk and then must be put down by the entire gang while surrounded by candle light before they kill off Judith.

That sounds like a pretty action-packed scene, for the ten minutes that this show would allow a dog to live.

• Love 1

I have two problems with Ron: the attempted murder (?) of Carl and the teen romance angst. The latter isn't the character's fault, it's the writers', so I will try to let it go. But as a nearly 40 year old viewer, I give zero fucks about Ron's boy angst over Enid. You've got bigger problems, asshole. Sort out your priorities. Jesus.

I don't mind him giving Carl the stink-eye. From where Ron's sitting, Carl's dad killed Ron's father, Carl's dad is wooing Ron's mother, Carl has shown Ron up in a crisis, Carl has potentially stolen Enid's interest away, and Carl is now appearing to lord his experience over Ron's inexperience with guns. All of this will earn Carl a great deal of hatred and animosity from Ron, and that's fine and understandable. However, what is not fine with me is that this 13 or 14 year old fucknut has armed himself and apparently plans to shoot another 13 or 14 year old boy because he's pissed off. That crosses the sympathy line for me. He can follow daddy into the dark as far as I'm concerned. His attitude and petulance garners him no sympathy from me.  

I can only presume that he prevented Carl from leaving in the hopes that he could shoot him later? Because it seems to me that if he hates Carl and it's dangerous outside the walls, wouldn't he HELP Carl over the fence?

• Love 4

I want all the ASZ hats to perish because:

Their doctor is a neurotic, self absorbed idiot. Sorry, Coral had to put his own Mother down, so nut the fuck up. Fuck your book. Fuck Bob Duato.

Jessie went back to her fucking arts and crafts right after her neighbors were brutally murdered and her kid is traumatized in the second floor all the while.

The half wit guarding the armory is a halfwit guarding an armory.

They had cocktail parties and I assume Vienna sausage appetizers.

They are stupid sheep still following a weasel aka politician.

Because they're not gluten free.

• Love 5

I don't mind him giving Carl the stink-eye. From where Ron's sitting, Carl's dad killed Ron's father, Carl's dad is wooing Ron's mother, Carl has shown Ron up in a crisis, Carl has potentially stolen Enid's interest away, and Carl is now appearing to lord his experience over Ron's inexperience with guns. All of this will earn Carl a great deal of hatred and animosity from Ron, and that's fine and understandable. However, what is not fine with me is that this 13 or 14 year old fucknut has armed himself and apparently plans to shoot another 13 or 14 year old boy because he's pissed off. That crosses the sympathy line for me. He can follow daddy into the dark as far as I'm concerned. His attitude and petulance garners him no sympathy from me. 

Yes, I should have mentioned in my post above about a different kind of subterfuge not being as bad - going to Carol vs going to Rick to get the gun training - that also direct revenge is one thing, and it is at least understandable that he would be angry at Rick. But Carl didn't kill his father, so that jealousy is likely creeping in to his motivation and he is potentially planning to kill someone who had nothing to do with his father's death simply as either cannon fodder for his revenge or because he is, as you say, pissed off at Carl is not worthy of sympathy, in my opinion either.

Why can't someone do something about Coral's hair?

*small voice* I like Carl's hair...

But then again, I apparently have terrible taste when it comes to hair *points to my icon of Sam Winchester, another supposedly famously badly-coiffed character* (Though granted, Sam is having a bit of a bad hair day in that photo - which is the point of the icon. On TWoP Sam's hair had its own thread and was sometimes considered to have a mind of its own.)

... and I like Sam's hair most of the time, too? Apparently there is no hope for me. Save yourselves.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 6

Their doctor is a neurotic, self absorbed idiot. Sorry, Coral had to put his own Mother down, so nut the fuck up. Fuck your book. Fuck Bob Duato.

Jessie went back to her fucking arts and crafts right after her neighbors were brutally murdered and her kid is traumatized in the second floor all the while.

Amen!! Faux-doctor sits reading her books and yeah, what you say about Jessie. Seriously, even without a  ZA I would be so freaked the fuck out if my neighbourhood had been invaded and my neighbours savagely murdered I don't know if I'd ever get back to "normal" again, let alone do my little craft projects. This show is losing me, I'm afraid.

• Love 3

Is the one who wanted someone to take a hog so she could make prosciutto still alive? If so, can a random Termite survivor make prosciutto from her? That would be sweet.

Fuck these ASZhats. This whole half season was a boring drag.

• Love 1

Is the one who wanted someone to take a hog so she could make prosciutto still alive? If so, can a random Termite survivor make prosciutto from her? That would be sweet.

Yep, that was Olivia.  The same hiding in the closet of the armory she was supposed to be keeping an eye on and is distracted by tin cans rattling Olivia.

• Love 2

Yep, that was Olivia.  The same hiding in the closet of the armory she was supposed to be keeping an eye on and is distracted by tin cans rattling Olivia.

Why doesn't she lock the damn door? Is there no lock? Sign-outs and community mindedness don't seem to be bloody working anymore. Seriously lady, lock the damn door and control entry to the place or get someone else to manage it while you stick to preserving stuff and counting chocolate squares.

• Love 4

I have no problems with Carl's hair at all either. He's a kid in an apocalypse--so what, who cares?

Funnily enough, his hair reminds me of Lori's: too long, too thick and too bushy. And then he puts a hat on top of it. In the Georgia heat. Boy's hair should be soaked through with all the sweat, IMO, and a nasty hat ring crimped into it for good measure.

"I'm just a weapons novice holding a blade with open-toed shoes around."  I know I didn't get that right and someone can correct me, but that was the funniest damn line of the night to me. 

Eugene: Hey! I’m a weapons novice holding a significant blade here and there are people in my proximity with open-toed shoes.

I too am a bit unclear as to why Maggie and Rick and everyone who saw the green balloons seemed to immediately assume it was Glenn.  Why?  Was green supposed to be Glenn's signal colour?  We didn't actually see Enid and Glenn letting the balloons go, did we?  Or that they were sending them up as a sign?  Why couldn't an equally probably assumption be that a walker took down the sign they were attached to and they flew off?  Or that the wind just blew them away?

There were THREE green balloons some distance away attached to a post of some kind, but at least NINE green balloons floating in the air over Alexandria. As far as I know, balloons (of any color) aren't fruitful and don't multiply.

ETA: Just to clarify, my point here is that it wasn't a walker or the wind who released the balloons, unless a walker or the wind also managed to inflate & tie off at least half a dozen additional balloons in the process.

Edited by Raven1707

There were THREE green balloons some distance away attached to a post of some kind, but at least NINE green balloons floating in the air over Alexandria. As far as I know, balloons (of any color) aren't fruitful and don't multiply.

When Glenn and Enid came upon the three green balloons, she untied them and said they could use them to distract the walkers. Glenn told her there was a helium tank, more balloons and string hidden on the side of the road. 

When Glenn and Enid came upon the three green balloons, she untied them and said they could use them to distract the walkers. Glenn told her there was a helium tank, more balloons and string hidden on the side of the road.

Yes, they initially found three and while they had their little tête-à-tête about being scared Enid was crouching and filling a fourth.

Then when she and Glenn finally arrived back to Alexandria and stood outside the walls it was very clear that she had filled quite a few more.

they initially found three and while they had their little tête-à-tête about being scared Enid was crouching and filling a fourth.

Okay, call me a grump but I was annoyed by Glenn standing there watching Enid play with balloons as he waxed philosophical about fear instead of being in a tearing hurry to get back and find out if his beloved wife has been hacked to bits. and if not, to reassure her that he's alive.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 1

Sorry if I have said this before but I hate all the time jumping and that we have had 7 episodes that equal barely 2 days and nothing has really happened.   Daryl episode (if what I read about Eugene being on the radio is true) is the future.  I've been disappointed in this season except for isolated incidences.  

• Love 1

Honestly, the sad thing is that a lot's happened.

I mean, in two days, they had a zombie parade, they fought off a Wolf pack, Glenn almost died, Coral beat up Ron, Ron got a loaded gun, the Hat returned from whatever adventure it was on (stay tuned for next week's flashback episode,) Abraham screamed at a zombie's face for ten minutes(and got a spiffy new uniform, and a BFG, and apparently revealed that Rosita is leaving too many loose ends on his ass... thanks for that information...) Morgan told his life story to a caged serial killer, Tara hooked up with somebody who hopefully has less plot armor than she herself does, Rosita got actual screen time, everybody called Morgan a dumbass, Father Pee Pants continued to wander around uselessly with two guns under his jacket, his church died of embarrassment and fell on the fence, Carol invented a new recipe called Death Casserole, Glenn took Enid's gun and gave her some balloons, all of the smart ASZhats like Heath and Aaron apparently snuck out of town to avoid the traditional mid-season massacre, Jessie went full Beth on somebody and then went back to making owl statues, Rick found a teleporter and got yelled at for openly admitting that most people on the show are only put there by the writers to serve as redshirts, Daryl's motorcycle was taken to a weird but boring kung fu wasteland that sucks the life out of an entire hour, and Sam squeezed into a closet and then grew too much to get back out of it.

It's just that the narrative has been so strange and disjointed that it feels like less.

I know if all that shit happened around me in that time span I'd be pretty damned tired.

• Love 18

all of the smart ASZhats like Heath and Aaron apparently snuck out of town to avoid the traditional mid-season massacre

Jessie went full Beth on somebody

I like the idea of Heath and Aaron saving themselves from the impending clusterfuck. :)

Also, to be fair to Jessie, she didn't go 'full Beth' because Jessie survived the encounter... ;)

• Love 4

First of all, CletusMusashi, that was a very well done and concise recap. And you're right. Taken individually, spread out across six episodes or so, it doesn't feel like a lot has happened. But if you look at everything as a whole you realize it was quite a lot happening all at once, it's just that the narrative has been stretched out and slowed down. It's like we've been watching a series of mini-movies.

• Love 2

If they can find balloons why not a keychain personal alarm they sell in most gas stations -or even a travel alarm-. When the wind is blowing in the right direction tie it to some balloons and let the walkers follow. They never use Noise as a Weapon.

• Love 8

If they can find balloons why not a keychain personal alarm they sell in most gas stations -or even a travel alarm-. When the wind is blowing in the right direction tie it to some balloons and let the walkers follow. They never use Noise as a Weapon.

I'm picturing... something involving a LOT of Clappers....

I like the idea but I'm not sure it would actually work, to be honest. The balloons go UP pretty quickly, so the sound might be lost before enough zombies are attracted to it and pulled in a different direction. They may not be able to grasp 'up and to the east'.

At this rate though, I'm ready for them to attach a bunch of balloons to Ron and let his fucking whining draw the walkers away...  ;)

If the boys have video games, I'm amazed they don't have those big RC cars. If a fucking tin can will pull walkers away, imagine the attraction one of those would have!!!

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 1