Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Heads Up

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

And Spencer! Was anyone else praying he fell? Maybe I need my own prayer circle

Yes, we must form an evil prayer circle because there are some people that need to die. Spencer. FPP. Ron. The wolf. And I'm not sure about that builder who talked like the grandfather in the Werther's Originals commercial.

• Love 5

I'm sorry but I have to say, Glenn's survival was weak, cheap and lazy. They really should be ashamed of themselves for pulling that stunt. I'm not saying I wanted Glenn to die, but they never should have gone for that cheap storyline if they weren't going to kill him. It's manipulative and annoying.

I still maintain that they do this because they want to maintain the fiction that 'no one is safe'.  Its never been true.  If they kill one of the core cast that they are at all worried about the fan backlash, they always assassinate the character first to get the viewers either rooting for death or shrugging that they were too stupid to live anyway,

• Love 4

Glenn's return was ... anticlimactic.  It wasn't shown to be quite as utterly implausible as I feared it would be, but it still wasn't great and the way the show has jerked the audience around with the fakeout and then leisurely walkabout through three more episodes about everything except Glenn really did this story no favors.

Carol managing surveillance and tailing people with a baby on her hip was all kinds of gold.  I fear for Sam though since the show made a point of reminding us of their connection right before the wall came tumbling down.

Seriously though.  Do none of these people have any sense of urgency or priorities?  It was like random people only remembered the danger of the herd pressing on the walls about every third scene.  We have people stealing bullets and wanting to talk about crop layout and scavenging first-aid supplies for prisoners they shouldn't have.  I did like the sitdown meeting Rick called with Carol, Michonne, and Morgan.  It's something that did need to happen so they all know whether he's going to be an asset or a hindrance going forward.  But the placement of it made it one more scene where I just wanted to scream at them all "does anybody remember the wall situation?"

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 20

How did the tower fall?  I missed that.

Walls sabatoged from within.  Typical CDB

My mistake the tower is outside and is in really bad shape.  I am doing a rewatch and it is being shown within the first couple of minutes at Alexandria.

I am confused at what caused the tower to fall. Why wouldn't it fall straight own?

As most of us suspected, Glenn indeed survived.  If the writers do kill him off in the future, I'm going to be one pissed off fan if he doesn't get his own 90-minute Glenn-centric episode so we can see what he was like pre-ZA, zipping around delivering pizzas and whatever else he might have been up to before the apocalyptic shit hit the fan known as earth.

Carl...Just when I had decided perhaps I didn't loathe this little bastard as much as I thought I did, he has to turn all smart ass when Rick is showing Ron how to use the gun.  Nothing like poking a cornered rattlesnake, Carl.  I hope he shoots that fucking ridiculous hat off of your pompous head.

And Carol was back...As in Badass Carol, not cookie-baking Carol.  How unfortunate that the herd gets in (probably) before we can see Carol shove Denise out of the way to shove Morgan's stick up his ass after she beats the injured Wolf to death with it.  Damn, damn, damn.

All in all, I thought this was a great episode.  And I have to say, I love the way they segued straight from the happy moment of Maggie and Rick realizing Glenn is alive straight to the fence coming down.  More of this type of action, please, show!!!

Now the countdown for next week and the mid season finale.  And, because it can't be said enough, Fuck You AMC for your mid season finale bullshit.  Just as the action picks back up, we're left twiddling our collective thumbs for a few months.  Ugh.

But, hey, Glenn's alive, Carol is out of the kitchen again, Coral might get his pompous ass kicked/shot, and it looks like the show will be shedding some excess baggage next week...  #WINNING

• Love 10

I actually liked the fact that Father Pee Pants had the balls to put the signs back up for the prayer meeting after Rick pulled them down.  For once, I said "Go FPP!"  

Rick is such an ass.

• Love 21

Nobody multi-tasks like Carol.  Spies and tracks, even with a baby on her hip, and get's a quick life lesson in with Sam.  I bet she has a casserole in the oven, too, and she'll be back to take it out of the oven when the timer goes off.  I'm not sold on the new baby Judith, but she seems to like MMB.

I just can't with the way they're portraying Denise.  The woman is an MD.  She went to the same four year med school that every other doctor does.  Yet they have her making little cheat sheets - for herself! - about the most basic of first aid.  Now all hell's breaking lose, and the damn MD won't be able to identify an infected wound because she lost her crib notes.

Glad about Glenn.  I don't care how improbable it was.  Now if they kill him off this season, I'll have to rethink things.

• Love 17

I also want to say, I hope we see Eugene saving Rosita at one point next week. It'll bring their story full circle with her protecting him and attempting to teach him how to protect himself.

However, I hope it's him thinking he's sacrificing himself but comes out alive in the end. I really like his cowardly character. Not everyone is going to be a Rick or Michonne during the end of the world as we know it.

Bonus points if Abraham witnesses it and smiles.

And I died when Rick tore down the flyer for the prayer circle, followed up by Carl's disapproving "Daaaaaaaad." That was awesome.

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 16
The truck with the horn had slammed into it a few episodes back, IIRC, and it was unstable.

Ah, yes, I recall now. Would have been nice if someone would have thought to go check on that. So I imagine the chunks of wood falling throughout the episode were from that. Here I was thinking they were taking the wood from it to make their supports. Like I said, super tired.

• Love 1

Nobody multi-tasks like Carol. Spies and tracks, even with a baby on her hip, and get's a quick life lesson in with Sam. I bet she has a casserole in the oven, too, and she'll be back to take it out of the oven when the timer goes off. I'm not sold on the new baby Judith, but she seems to like MMB.

I just can't with the way they're portraying Denise. The woman is an MD. She went to the same four year med school that every other doctor does. Yet they have her making little cheat sheets - for herself! - about the most basic of first aid. Now all hell's breaking lose, and the damn MD won't be able to identify an infected wound because she lost her crib notes.

Glad about Glenn. I don't care how improbable it was. Now if they kill him off this season, I'll have to rethink things.

This. I know how to recognize an infected wound and I don't need notes, but an MD does. Right
  • Love 10

"peace is embraced between the two groups."

Rick forgot to read the episode synopsis.

The only time that was really embodied was when Tara said she would die to save Spencer, because he was one of them. It seemed very awkwardly placed, like they wrote the episode, then said, "oh by the way, this is the theme, so can you work that in?" Also, I guess Rick training Porchdick Jr and Glenn insisting on saving Turtle Muncher could be seen as the two groups blending.

This. I know how to recognize an infected wound and I don't need notes, but an MD does. Right

Nurses, EMTs, paramedics, firemen, all would know the basic signs of infection. They aren't asking for complex neurosurgery here. This is basic stuff. I have personally worked with psychiatrists. One of their main jobs is prescribing meds. They HAVE to stay up on the medical stuff because they need to understand drug interactions and the body. This would be more plausible if the person was a nurse's aide or something like that. 

• Love 11

I just can't with the way they're portraying Denise.  The woman is an MD.  She went to the same four year med school that every other doctor does.  Yet they have her making little cheat sheets - for herself! - about the most basic of first aid.  Now all hell's breaking lose, and the damn MD won't be able to identify an infected wound because she lost her crib notes.

Denise is not an M.D., she is a psychologist. She had intense anxiety while in med school (probably when she had to dissect a cadaver) so she switched her major to psychology and was done with it. Psychology degree's do not require anywhere near as much medical training as a psychiatrist. Bottom line though, she is not a medical doctor and she's doing the best she can.

• Love 9

Hey TWD writers, I really don't appreciate being trolled-- that goes for Glenn and for dangling Spencer (literally!) above a zombie pit death he totally deserved. That being said, Rick really should have turned Alexandria into a giant dumpster because zombies apparently lose interest in those real easy and wander away. Glad that they finally let Steve Yeun out of Schrodinger's Box... so there's that.

Don't fight it Enid, everyone joins the Glen fan club sooner or later.

I was kinda hoping that Morgan was going to see Denise... as a psychiatrist. Cuz he needs one and she has to be a better one than the goat-keeping one who starved a man to death.

• Love 10

On the very last season of the show when the world is being put back together the welcome sign should read "Welcome to Alexandria - home of the 78% suicide rate. If you can't make it here, we understand!"

• Love 3

Yay...Glenn is back!

Don't care at all about Enid or Ron. I'll take Coral any day. There were some interesting moments in this episode - Rich and Michonne, Rosita's machete lessons - but they were too few. I'm not interested in Enid's angst. And Morgan and his pet wolf is just dumb. We have seen too little of Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Michonne, etc...and way too much of Ron.

The collapse of the tower should make things very interesting next week.

• Love 6

As I said in the live chat thread, Glenn effortlessly snatching the gun from Enid was incredibly hot.

I half-expected Enid to tell Glenn "You're not my dad!"

How badass does Carol have to be to not only spy, but spy effectively on someone while carrying a baby?

I loved it. It was like Judy was her little wingwoman. Carol and Judith are the most dynamic power duo in this show.

• Love 9

Denise is not an M.D., she is a psychologist. She had intense anxiety while in med school (probably when she had to dissect a cadaver) so she switched her major to psychology and was done with it. Psychology degree's do not require anywhere near as much medical training as a psychiatrist. Bottom line though, she is not a medical doctor and she's doing the best she can.

No. She stated quite clearly when she was introduced that she is a psychiatrist who went into a residence and specialty in psychiatry when she couldn't handle the intensity of stuff related to the body.

• Love 9

Rick has basically no use for anyone that he met after the train car in Terminus.

Rick has had no use for anyone that he met since they lost the prison and I can't blame him. The first people they encountered tried to rape Carl and then the Terminites tried to eat them. He has lost his trust in people. I think that he will regain it in time. Michonne is a good influence, but I want her to have her own story other than giving him pep talks.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 14

Denise is not an M.D., she is a psychologist.

Denise doesn't actually strike me as a psychologist either.  It seems more like she was a med student majoring in psychology but really has no practical experience of any kind.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

We have seen too little of Eugene, Rosita, Tara, Michonne, etc...and way too much of Ron. .

This x10000. I love any Eugene scene, and Rosita's one scene today was awesome. She needs so much more recognition and screen time. Tara gets more story lines, but nowhere near what she deserves.

• Love 6

She is a psychiatrist. Psychiatrists go to medical school. They have an MD. Psychologists (whether a PhD, PsyD or EdD) have different training, do not  go to medical school, but are still called doctor based on the type of training they receive. Just as much school, but different focus. As an example, anyone that is a clinical neuropsychologist would be very well trained on assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of brain injuries or other brain dysfunctions, but not in general or advanced medical training like MDs have or do. 

• Love 2

Something that really bugged me was Rick was making a big deal about "lets not make too much noise" and later not doing shooting practice with Porchdick jr BUT even later on, he and Tobin are just hammering away like it was no big thing meanwhile the damn zombies were just piling up right there where all the noise was which happened to be right there where the fucked up tower was......dear lord, Tara should just shoot Rick the bird from now on forever.

• Love 16

He's ALIVE!!! Kudos to all of you who called it, that the body torn apart was stupid Alexandrian guy whoever, and Glenn crawled under the dumpster to survive. Seeing Steven Yeun was going to be on TTD (advertised during commercials), and Enid being stupid, I thought Glenn would be dead for sure, by the end of the episode.

Morgan is an idiot. Apparently the one ones with actual brains in Walker!World are Carol, Michonne, Rick, Glenn, and Carl. The rest are a lost cause. Why are you wasting antibiotics on a Wolf? Do you think the Alexandrians are gonna allow a Wolf to live with them in the compound? Uh no, because you can't trust the guy. So then they are just going to set him free. So either the guy will be forced to survive alone out there with Walkers everywhere, or will find his buddies and come back for ASZ and it's considerable resources. I swear there is a direct correlation.... MIsplaced Empathy for Humans = Lack of Sense and Logic.

Rosita's little "talk" with Eugene was brilliant, as was Rick taking down FFP's "prayer" posters without a word. Poor guy, he's a running joke now.

Knew that stupid teenager would be a menace. I hope Carl takes him down or at least beats some sense into whatever his name is. I love the confidence of Carl now - he's wise beyond his years because he's experienced it. Great job by Chandler Riggs. Please leave Carl alone, show.

No idea what Enid's deal was, and didn't care. As long as Glenn makes it.

Shallow Comment of the Episode: Nice arms Steve Yeun. Nice bod, Steve Yeun. He was looking particularily sexy this episode. Yum.

Oh man, the tower collapsing and taking out the wall. So Enid and Glenn are actually the safest at this point. So the show is going to be clearing out it's quite bloated cast. Good to know. Cause wow.

• Love 12

Rick has had no use for anyone that he met since they lost the prison and I can't blame him. The first people they encountered tried to rape Carl and then the Terminites who tried to eat them.

No.  Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, and Tara he met since the prison and they are part of 'US'. 

Rick's reaction to Tara helping Spencer was like a parent screaming at a kid that nearly got hit by a car after not looking both ways before walking into the street.  Intense fear of losing the kid that comes out as anger.

• Love 7

Morgan is an idiot. Apparently the one ones with actual brains in Walker!World are Carol, Michonne, Rick, Glenn and Carl.

I think Carol showed again in this episode why she's the smartest one of Rick's crew. She saw Morgan taking Denise out of her makeshift clinic, and she instantly realized that that meant that Morgan was harbouring a Wolf.

• Love 5

I know Carl was being a dick to Ron, but it felt like appropriate teenage boy asshole behavior.  It was almost endearing.  As was Carl's "Daaadddd".  Heh.

I also know Rick was being a dick, but I kind of loved him ripping down the signs.  And I love Tara giving him some back.  Rick needs that kind of thing.

I know it was lame, but I love, LOVE that we got Glenn and that he's okay as many of us thought.  I'm happy he's back.  Period.

These damn people can't have a minute, can they?  Annnddd, there goes the tower.

• Love 9

Glad Glenn is back though the writing has been such a mess. I can handwave his survival, but they've took what could be a good story with ASZ getting overrun and made all the components anticlimatic.

• Love 2

I am glad that Michonne made Rick confront his distrust of the Alexandrians. Maybe they can earn if by not fucking up and helping fight off the walkers.

The good thing about the tower coming down is that it ruin's Ron's plan to kill Carl and/or Rick.

I'm still on team "we take this place." Except with the massive hole in the wall, it really isn't worth taking. Still, has there been a time where an Alexandrian was more of an asset than a liability?

What kind of poker player was Deanna if she looked at Olivia and thought "now there is the perfect person to guard the guns and ammo"

That was back when Deanna (and all the asz hats) were living their little fantasy of cocktail parties, pasta machines and book clubs. She didnt think the **really** needed anyone protecting that stuff because she didnt think they really even NEEDED those guns and assorted weapons.

• Love 4

No.  Abraham, Rosita, Eugene, and Tara he met since the prison and they are part of 'US'. 

You are right. I was not specific Rick viewed them different because Glenn vouched for them, they were not random strangers who he encountered. Same with Noah who had info on Beth which gave him an in. I think that Rick is very reluctant to trust random strangers. The Alexandrians' naivety and stupidity doesn't not help their case.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1
Rick has basically no use for anyone that he met after the train car in Terminus.

Except for that blonde woman he was just sucking face with.

I was kinda hoping that Morgan was going to see Denise... as a psychiatrist. Cuz he needs one and she has to be a better one than the goat-keeping one who starved a man to death.

PREACH!

• Love 5

Happy to see Glenn alive but then I spent the whole episode thinking he was going to killed saving stupid Enid. Of course, not giving up on someone is one of things I love about Glenn. I really hated both Rick and Rosita talking to these people like they're dirt. Sorry, but they offered CDB housing, food, ammo, beds and medicine. That's worth something too. And Rick should just get the hell out if he doesn't like it. It's just the rebel in me; I can't stand being talked down too. I also think FPP has the right to have a prayer circle and I think there is a place for prayer. Who is Rick to decide people can't pray if they want to? He has no right to decide everything.

New Judith doesn't look a thing like Lori, although old Judith looked like her a lot. With Mean Carol telling Sam he needs to kill people I expect him to take a gun and take out someone in the finale. No Carol, you don't have to kill people to be a good person, you have to learn self defense and be prepared to use self defense. It's a different thing.

Not sure how/why the tower fell down, but if I were these people I would send Rick packing. I have always loved Rick, but he brings chaos and surly ordering around wherever he goes. And I recorded the first 15 minutes of the Badlands show to watch Glenn, but I didn't watch the show.

• Love 7
I think Carol showed again in this episode why she's the smartest one of Rick's crew. She saw Morgan taking Denise out of her makeshift clinic, and she instantly realized that that meant that Morgan was harbouring a Wolf.

Right. Given how lacksadaisical everyone else has been, they'd see it and be all, "Oh, cool, Morgan and Denise are going to make out now". 

• Love 1

For that tower to fall the way it did, a lot of the rotting wood would have to be in the bottom half.  I'm not convinced that a tower of rotting wood would take out a steel wall with steel supports like that.

Ron (name?) following cowboy hat did not bode well for Rick's family.  I'm not sure if it's visceral or simply "You killed my dad, I'll kill your son."

• Love 3

Well, that was definitely better than the last few episodes.

My heart jumped a little when I saw Carol sitting at the end of the table during Morgan's meeting with the principal.

The sneaking around game with these people is weak.  Broad daylight, no checking around.  What was Ron's big plan to explain why he shot Carl in the back in the middle of the street?  Also, I don't think Carl was being too pompous, he should have gone harder.  Yeah, Ron, I did this shit when I was eight.  Learn your place.

Edited by peach
  • Love 16

I love Carol. She is so competent and pragmatic. And smart. 

Glenn is alive. I am not surprised but pleased because I like the character.

Father Pee Pants lived through another episode. Oh, cruel world part XX. He'll be the last one standing...

• Love 7

I'm still on team "we take this place." Except with the massive hole in the wall, it really isn't worth taking. Still, has there been a time where an Alexandrian was more of an asset than a liability?

Tobin helped pounded some nails. Denise is overcoming her fear and is treating people. Maybe Aaron? Wow, it was a stretch to come up with these. Ha.

Oh, Jessie for getting Rick laid and relieving some of his pent up frustration. I totally approve too.

Edited by SimoneS