Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Heads Up - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for S06.E07: Heads Up.

Once the episode airs, head on over to this link --> S06.E07: Heads Up to continue the discussion, as this thread closes at 10 pm.

Remember:

• Post NO Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise)
  • Respect Each Other
  • Always Be Civil
  • Enjoy Yourselves!

Episode synopsis: Alexandria is finally able to begin pulling itself back together; peace is embraced between the two groups.

And FPP dies in the process.

What? Someone had to go there.

• Love 8

That's all right. I'll go with you. Besides, doesn't almost everyone want to go there?

Thirding!(Also I accidentally referred to him as FPP in casual conversation yesterday, I actually can't remember the character's real name now, oops!)

• Love 6

I actually don't want PeePee to die. I'm really sick of his and Eugene's characters being used as scapegoats. Kill whiny nurse Zoe and the armory lady who knows fuck all about weapons. Or Jessie's older brat, or Deannas pruny ass. I'd like to see Eugene and FPP team up and do something brave and important.

• Love 8

I actually don't want PeePee to die. I'm really sick of his and Eugene's characters being used as scapegoats. Kill whiny nurse Zoe and the armory lady who knows fuck all about weapons. Or Jessie's older brat, or Deannas pruny ass. I'd like to see Eugene and FPP team up and do something brave and important.

Eugene has done something brave and important. Twice. He came in with the fire truck and used the hoses to fend off the walkers when everyone was trapped and he also saved Tara and then made sure that Glenn wasn't left behind when Nicholas wanted to leave. Eugene confuses fear with cowardice. He's very fearful but everytime he's the only one left to save the day, he comes through.

• Love 12

Agreed. I don't consider FPP and Eugene the same at all, and the comment about Eugene confusing fear with cowardice is spot on. He doesn't get any thrill from the fighting but when push comes to shove he will step up, as best he can. Plus I don't believe he would ever backstab and try to hurt the group the way FPP has done. I will actually be sad when Eugene dies, and doing the happy dance when FPP finally gets bit.

• Love 5

Since I won't be home to watch it live, I assume that we'll finally get an answer to the Glenn question. And that some asshole at work will insist on spoiling it for me.

Besides that... I'm guessing that maybe "Head's Up" refers to Carl getting fitted for a new hat. We haven't seen the usual one in a few weeks now. I think it's out looking for Glenn. Either that, or the title refers to what their heads are up, and the entire episode will be nothing but close-up ass shots.

I need to go double-check the AMC schedule to see when the replay is. I don't want to get stuck sitting through another episode of "Into the Badshow."

• Love 5

That's all right. I'll go with you. Besides, doesn't almost everyone want to go there?

Actually, I believe it's part of the Terms and Conditions for this site now.

I am really hoping that this title will have multiple meanings and one of those will be a comical walker, AzzHat, or (dare I dream?) FPP death where this title is hilariously literal.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 5

"Heads Up, y'all, we got a fresh new hour for you to enjoy... and you still won't have a clue about Glenn's fate or whereabouts by the time the credits and preview for the last episode before the 'winter hiatus' starts rolling.  *evil chuckles*"

"Heads Up everyone!  Ron's got a gun and FPP is swinging a machete.  Starting to wonder if being out in the 20-deep-ring-around-ASZ-hordes-of-walkers might actually be safer at this point......."

"Heads Up people.  Carol's made another casserole.  I don't want to alarm anyone, but we all know what happened to the last two dishes she made for others, and what happened to the people who disrespected her cooking.  Just sayin', eat or die [or watch a loved one pay for your mistake], its that simple."

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 3

Rick to Morgan - Heads up, if you don't start killing people I am getting rid of you.  I'd rather have Alexandrians that I can bully than you who can fight. 

Ron - Heads up Carl and/or Rick,  Ronny's got a gun

• Love 1

"Heads Up, y'all, we got a fresh new hour for you to enjoy... and you still won't have a clue about Glenn's fate or whereabouts by the time the credits and preview for the last episode before the 'winter hiatus' starts rolling.  *evil chuckles*"

That's pretty much what will happen.  At this point besides Maggie and a few others - the rest of CDB doesn't know Glenn is or really was in trouble.  

So tonight Alexandria will be saved.  For whatever that is worth.  Then CDB will have their moment of "OMG - Where's Glen?"  Next week they will find his zombified ass, and there will be mourning and the rending of garments.  Viewers will be shouting FU to TWD.  Or Glenn will be found alive, and viewers will be shouting FU to TWD. 

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 2

All I know, is Glenn better be under the dumpster.

Alive!

12289486_10152993541687134_5773347401843

Escaped Wolf: I'm going to kill everyone here and put your heads up on pikes.

Morgan:Okay, that does it. You're in double time out, mister.

Everyone Else: What's a pike?

This just killed me. I am now in the afterlife with Hershel, making the sauce for spaghetti Tuesday. T-Dog says hey.

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 8

If Glenn is alive, then any time he's in danger from then on will just be a joke. I mean, come on. He's been tied to a chair with a Walker attacking, he's been left unconscious at the prison, and now this? It's like back when one of DS9's favorite stories was to have Chief O'brien tortured for an hour, except that at least that was always shown and well acted. I'm afraid that what TWD has planned is more akin to O'Brien disappearing for a few episodes and then wandering in and saying "Oh, hi. Sorry I'm late. Ran into some Cardassians, got tortured, you know, the usual schtick." Rick of like Rick and his RV teleportation adventure.

And if Glenn is dead, then just let him be dead already. At this point I don't even get what they're waiting for. Is he eventually going to show up as a zombie? And still be perfectly recognizable? Because when you get eaten by a hundred zombies, not only does your body remain intact enough to walk around and still have your shirt and pants mostly intact, but it also leaves your face conveniently uneaten. At least if you're a main character. Funny how the zombies always know who to just bite once and then leave alone.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 2

Since the two groups are making peace, I imagine we'll have a 'getting to know your neighbor' session where things like "Heads up, I pass out at the sight of blood", "Heads up, I have apnea so if you hear anything from my house I haven't turned" and "Heads up, we'd be glad to administer a mercy kill" will be shared.  

• Love 5

Head's up, Mya will be SUPER pissed if Glenn's fate is not resolved in a way that leaves no doubt.

Head's up, Mya will be rage posting if Glenn really is dead.

I'm starting to think that they won't get to Glenn this episode either.  I can't see how they are going to be able to set up anything worthy of a midseason finale in the two episodes they have left.  I think they are counting on a last minute reveal of Glenn alive or Glenn zombie to keep viewer interest over the break.  Or at least to give them something to talk about on TTD.  They'd be wrong,.  I lost interest in what happened to Glenn two episodes ago.  But I think they are counting on Glenn for a 5 minute "OMG' at the end of next week. 

• Love 2

I'm not really into this kind of storytelling, like, multiple episodes showing 10  different things going on at the same time. We're still, what, in the first two days since the season opener? draining.

It become like a soap opera.  I mean seriously, on those Halloween last for three weeks and the next day is Thanksgiving.  

• Love 3

Head's up, Mya will be SUPER pissed if Glenn's fate is not resolved in a way that leaves no doubt.

Head's up, Mya will be rage posting if Glenn really is dead.

I'll be right there with Mya! 

Episode title is "Heads up".

Foreshadowing Maggie going over the wall and finding Glenn's head is the only thing left of him.

#antagonizethemasses

At least we'd know for sure he was dead. 

• Love 2