Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki: Conspirator, Liar or Victim?

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We’ve all expressed our opinions about Vicki this season and now that S10 is over, it will be interesting to see how the “Court of PTV Opinion” rules.

You can all thank Zoeysmom for this poll.  I’m just the messenger.

Zoeysmom had three questions for this poll but unfortunately, the poll feature is configured to allow only one. 

The other two questions were:

Should the other women forgive Vicki for lying to them?
1) Why not?  She is the OG of the OC
2) Never ever
3) What Vicki lied?

Should Vicki be part of the S11 cast?
1) Absolutely
2) No way
3) Maybe as a friend of the RHOC

This should keep us busy until RHOBH  is back.

ETA:  There is only one vote per person.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I honestly don't know. I don't honestly think she knew right away- I do believe her on that. Vicki is not that smart. She keeps changing her story, saying she felt he was faking, but now she's gone back to saying she believes he has cancer. I will say that I don't think she "always knew." But somewhere down the line, maybe when the other women started bringing up the inconsistencies with Brooks's story that she started to question it as well and started putting 2 and 2 together. I'm sure at many points she knew deep down Brooks was lying, but she was probably in a state of denial and did not want to believe it or listen to her instincts because it was more important to her that her love tank be filled. So my answer doesn't really fit any of the above, but yeah, I think she knew at some point, but not necessarily that she knew it right away. On the other hand, maybe she really did know all along because she refused to film with Brooks initially until she was basically threatened to be fired if she didn't. Maybe she knew that he was faking and didn't want it exposed. 

As for the other questions, I don't believe the women really have any obligation to forgive Vicki. It's not just that they were lied to or whatever, but she and Brooks did drag many of them into this. Most especially Heather by making up that lie involving Terry, a reputable doctor. Heather would have every right to never forgive Vicki for that if it ended up damaging Terry's reputation. Shannon also has a right to be pissed off with her, she says that Vicki asked her for help, she does all this research and gets Brooks an appointment with one of the best doctors and he doesn't go, I'm not even sure if Vicki and Brooks ever even thanked or acknowledged Shannon for her assistance. In the end it's Brooks's decision to see whatever doctor he chooses, but if they purposely asked Shannon for help, they should at least acknowledge what she did for them. As crazy as Meghan is, I can see how she'd be upset about Brooks lying about his cancer considering that she was dealing with a close family member who ended up dying of cancer, namely her husband's ex wife and teenage stepdaughter's mother. She may not be directly related but I'm sure she feels empathy and sadness for what Jimmy and Haley are having to deal with. They also involved Tamra in this, having her read the document and trying to get her on their side. At this point they all have a right in some way or other to be pissed off with Vicki.

I do not think Vicki should be invited back to the show. She doesn't seem popular with viewers. She clearly doesn't have anything to bring to the show. I don't even want her back as a "friend of." Please bring Lizzie back instead. She might have been what some considered "boring" but at least her husband isn't faking cancer. I just don't see how after a huge controversy like this that many viewers criticized, they would really think it's a good idea to bring her back. But I can see Bravo doing it because they know what a huge ratings jump it will get. Despite the criticisms of the Brooks special, the Teresa Checks In special, etc. they are still getting high ratings because people want to tune in in spite of themselves and that's all that Bravo cares about in the end.

• Love 13

Thank You Anna and ZM, great poll!

IMO, Vicki believed him in Sept, but realized he was lying by Oct., so she found out early on, very early, hence her lie about Terry/IV. Had she believed his claim there would have not been any need for that lie, or any other lie at all.

I don't think anyone should forgive her unless she comes clean to them and I just don't see her ever telling them the truth.

IMO, Vicki's time on the show is over.

• Love 16

Thank you AnnA.

I think Vicki knew back in October, when she didn't go to City of Hope and she made up the IV story.  I don't know that she made it up back in September.

I really think it is asking a lot for not only the others to forgive her, but for them to get a slap for not supporting her.  Vicki just doesn't have the capacity to apologize sincerely and I think this has gone beyond the apology stage.  There are times that your actions are so severe and so hurtful that all you can do is exit the person or persons' lives.  Having fun will always have the asterisk beside it because as soon as those mic packs are off Vicki will come up with another hurtful tale or some sympathy move.  The best example is her publicizing Briana having "surgery"  to remove an enlarged lymph node.  Time to take the spotlight off Vicki and her families' woes. 

As far as coming back I think she needs to go on a hiatus like Jeana did.  There may come a time where she could be worked back into the cast but Season 11 is too soon.

• Love 14

Since Zoeysmom sent me the questions last night, I had most of the day to think about my answers to this poll.  I went back and forth between "she always knew" and "early on" and finally settled on "she always knew."    Before filming started, Brooks gave an interview with RadarOnline and disclosed that his cancer had returned.  I think the only reason he did that was to deflect the recent story about his involvement with prostitutes and garner some sympathy for himself and Vicki.  I also think that Vicki knew it wasn't true which is why she didn't want to film with him and had to be forced to do so. 

As for the other questions........I don't think the other women should forgive Vicki unless she tells them the whole story and sincerely apologizes but I'm not sure Vicki is capable of doing that. 

I don't think Vicki should come back next season. After 10 seasons,  I think we've had more than enough of Vicki Gunvalson.  Until a few days ago, I thought she would at least get to come back as a "friend" but since Brooks big reveal about faking the documents and City of Hope's statement about him never being a patient breaking just before his interview with Andy was scheduled to air, that may not happen.  Andy and Bravo had to be really pissed off at both of them.  They promoted that interview a lot and paid Brooks $10,000 for what?  Nothing.   You can be a housewife if you're a bitch or if you lie but not if you waste the network's time and money.

• Love 18

Yes, I think if anything, Vicki should have a graceful (or as graceful as Vicki can be) exit for now. Perhaps down the road she could come back as a friend of or appear in a few scenes like Jeana did this season, but bringing her back so soon after something like this I don't think would go over too well with viewers. They already lost tons because of this season, they'd just lose more by bringing her back. At least if all Bravo cares about are ratings, that should be reason enough to give her the boot. Unless Vicki comes up with some sort of redemption arc for herself I just don't see her bringing in the ratings next season. 

• Love 6

Bravo has not lost any viewers over this. The series is performing better than it ever has, is effectively tied with Atlanta for the number one spot in the franchise, has actually outperformed RHOA in the final eps of the season, and is garnering coverage from entertainment outlets on a scale mostly heretofore unparalleled outside of some incidents involving the BH cast and the saga of Teresa Giudice. Vicki just did an interview with Extra in which she is *still* denigrating her cast mates for "not supporting her" - or, more accurately, not supporting her abuse revisionism. She's not apologizing now or ever. Relying on my PhD in amateur armchair psychology, I'd conjecture that she is pathological enough to have legitimately convinced herself of her own narrative. I would agree that Andy is indeed furious over the developments in recent days but the cynic in me recalls that, as endlessly as he exaggerated Teresa's love tap and as aggressively and blatantly as NeNe Leakes sneered at him, their employment was never in real jeopardy due to those transgressions.

• Love 13

My answers:

Should the other women forgive Vicki for lying to them?
1) Why not?  She is the OG of the OC

Should Vicki be part of the S11 cast?
1) Absolutely

The season without Vicki is the first season I'll seriously consider not watching--as far as I'm concerned, she IS the show, though Shannon is quickly becoming a very close #2 for me.

• Love 4

I don't think that they should forgive her (but, they will because they always do).

I don't think she should be back but I'm cool with her being a Friend Of. NOT because I like her and want to see her on the show but because I think it would be a massive blow to her ego and a form of punishment- she'd be on the show but not quite.

This OG stuff is stupid. Jeanna is the OG and the reason this show exists. I never liked Vicki and other than the early seasons when she got bonked in the head and fell on her ass, she never entertained me.

I'm not putting too much stock in the ratings. It's a blip, brought on by crazy media coverage, but the reality is, this show is not a huge ratings grabber and interest will die down by the time it returns. Maybe the first episode of season 11 will start strong but I don't see it sustaining.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 8

Bravo has not lost any viewers over this. The series is performing better than it ever has, is effectively tied with Atlanta for the number one spot in the franchise, has actually outperformed RHOA in the final eps of the season, and is garnering coverage from entertainment outlets on a scale mostly heretofore unparalleled outside of some incidents involving the BH cast and the saga of Teresa Giudice. Vicki just did an interview with Extra in which she is *still* denigrating her cast mates for "not supporting her" - or, more accurately, not supporting her abuse revisionism. She's not apologizing now or ever. Relying on my PhD in amateur armchair psychology, I'd conjecture that she is pathological enough to have legitimately convinced herself of her own narrative. I would agree that Andy is indeed furious over the developments in recent days but the cynic in me recalls that, as endlessly as he exaggerated Teresa's love tap and as aggressively and blatantly as NeNe Leakes sneered at him, their employment was never in real jeopardy due to those transgressions.

I agree she has convinced herself she is the victim and the rest are cold and heartless for not being there for her because after all they have mothers and husbands.  mere casseroles will no longer do, there will need to be a huge outpouring.  Mostly I think Vicki will hole up in OKC through Thanksgiving (if she can stay put that long) and care for Briana and her children unless of course the "surgery" turns out to be minor.

I keep thinking about the comparisons to Teresa and all I can come up with is the last season she and Dina were on the ratings were way down.  That is bad enough but now they have gone an entire cycle without the show and Dina has moved to LA, the twins and Amber are out and I guess that leaves a season of filming with getting ready for Joe to go to prison.  That leaves bringing Caroline back I they have to have cancelled her spin off) and she recently expressed she has no interest in Teresa but wished Joe well.   They sent Brandi packing for essentially alienating four women on the cast and Kim for similar reasons plus her addiction story was getting old. 

• Love 6

If I believed Vicki did it for a story line I could probably get passed it and watch her again. I would still be mad and think she is awful but I could understand on some level. As it stands I beleive she did it to make money off her club detox and I will never ever get over that. EVER. She too busy to accompany Brooks to any appointments (hell she's too busy to notice the love of her life is not battling a deadly disease) but she has time to film all these alternative treatments...the coffee enemas and earth yoga or whatever the hell she called that. Bullshit. I think mid season she stopped pushing that BS because it was clear the women were on to her. Maybe this is the universe telling me to finally quit the real housewives. I've already stopped watching Atlanta and NJ but I just can't seem to give up NY, OC and BH. But this will do it for me. I would never call myself a Vicki fan but I always enjoyed her because ,cmon it's hysterical to watch someone so completly self involved and unaware.

• Love 11

I don't have numbers but I recall seeing many on this board saying they stopped watching this season/stopped watching somewhere in the middle of the season so I just assumed that that was reflected in real life and the show had lost viewers. Maybe enough people tuned in BECAUSE of Cancer Gate to make up for it and hence a ratings blowup. IDK.

• Love 3

I can see them bringing Vicki back if they can find a way. But I can see the other women shutting her out of parties, ignoring her, refusing to film with her etc. Also, this season, because of the Brooks story and her mother dying, was all hers. She went Housewife Supernova. And when that happens all that's left is a black hole. I think she may be done.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 10

I voted she always knew because she was fully aware Brooks lied to her before about having pancreatic cancer in order to get her to leave Donn. Knowing Vicki she was probably flattered someone "loved" her enough to come up with such an elaborate scheme. I agree with the other poster that it doesn't make sense that she had no time to go to real doctor appointments, but could always make time for the Club Detox BS because there was something in it for her.

I never want to see her on my TV again and I won't watch next season if she is on.

• Love 14

If I believed Vicki did it for a story line I could probably get passed it and watch her again. I would still be mad and think she is awful but I could understand on some level. As it stands I beleive she did it to make money off her club detox and I will never ever get over that. EVER. She too busy to accompany Brooks to any appointments (hell she's too busy to notice the love of her life is not battling a deadly disease) but she has time to film all these alternative treatments...the coffee enemas and earth yoga or whatever the hell she called that. Bullshit. I think mid season she stopped pushing that BS because it was clear the women were on to her. Maybe this is the universe telling me to finally quit the real housewives. I've already stopped watching Atlanta and NJ but I just can't seem to give up NY, OC and BH. But this will do it for me. I would never call myself a Vicki fan but I always enjoyed her because ,cmon it's hysterical to watch someone so completly self involved and unaware.

I completely agree with you. Vicki's entire professional identity is driven by MLM schemes and preying on unsuspecting consumers, selling bs. Coto insurance, she then pushed stella and dot for a while, the jeans thing, the dead pet diamonds (come. on.), nasty vodka, HW wine, club detox- the only way she knows how to make any money is through sketchy means and business practice. I don't doubt for one minute that this unscrupulous cow was in on it very early on and saw a way to make a buck. Disgusting woman.

I'm also tired of people blowing smoke up her ass. She's NOT a smart woman. She's a simplistic, classless scheister who will push you, kids, elderly, and the weak to save herself if in a fire. Please.

I've been a viewer since the very first episode, way back in the day. I haven't watched repeat episodes (usually do), barely watched the reunions (eventually did), and now have zero interest in Secrets Revealed or that stupid Brooks special. i've never missed an episode. Until now. I think I'm finally out.

• Love 20

I fluctuated between "she always knew" and "early on," and I settled on "early on." I have no logic behind this, except I just don't think she's smart enough to manipulate everything from the jump, but she has enough sales experience to be able to spin it into sponsorship money.

I don't think the women need to forgive her, and I don't think she should be back...but I don't know if that will stop her.

She's disgusting. If she's gone, I'll always miss her backyard grotto. That was the best thing about her.

• Love 16

I think she knew early on and just decided to stick it out thinking NOBODY would actually have the termerity to question the OG of the OC about ANYTHING.  That's always been her MO.  She's so SMART, she WORKS, she values MONEY, blah, blah, blah.  She is full of shit.  I think she's a complete narcissist.  Only and always completely thinking about herself.  No redeeming qualities except, OK; the grotto is good.

I don't see anyone else WANTING to film with her because she's such a giant suckhole of neediness.  She still wants the "girls" to give her a HUG for cryin' out loud.  Hell, she probably wants somebody to come over and not only make her a casserole, but clean her house and wipe her ass.

Maybe NeNe, Brandi, Kim and Teresas Guidice can all move into her house and they can be "The Real Shitheads of America" or something.  Just a thought.

• Love 14

I don't necessarily think Vicki was in it from the beginning as in helping formulate the story... But I think she knew pretty early on, whether she wanted to admit it or not, I feel like she knew sooner than she'll ever admit, even if it was just that she became suspicious. I don't see how you can live with somone and not figure it out, she may have buried her head in the sand and pretended not to know or tried not to know.

Nobody owes her forgiveness, if they choose too, then that is great on their part, if anyone forgives I would hope it's more for themselves than Vicki.

I don't think she should come back, I don't buy that she was the victim in this, I don't know at what point, but she made conscious decisions to continue to bring this story on tv and I dont think that should be rewarded. It also worries me that in keeping her, it'll give some other person out there the idea to use cancer to get on tv (although let's not lie, the wheels are probably already turning in some sickos head) and I just don't see any reason to encourage that.

• Love 8

If I were Vicki and found out (mid season) my love tank filler was faking cancer I would suffocate him with a pillow and tell everyone he succumbed to his illness, peacefully at home.

Now that's funny.

I voted for early on.  Vicki never acted how I believed she would act (after viewing her behavior all these years) if the love of her life actually was seriously ill from NHL.  I mean come on, can any one who watched her drive Brianna to the hospital for thyroid surgery for presumed cancer and turned it into all about her suffering, actually believe she would be so laisez faire (spelling?) about a potentially deadly cancer diagnosis of her mate?  Not buying it - not buying it for one minute.  I also believe she knew before filming started -- see the Dubrow lie.  I don't think she created the story line, I think Brooks went to his "go to ploy to get what I want by using cancer"  to move into her house. 

I have enjoyed some of Vicki's lighter moments over the years but this really crossed the line in moral reprehensibleness (is that a word?) in my book and I will never forget it.  She is forever tainted.

*Too many in my books LOL

Edited by Me Too
  • Love 11

I'm in the "early on" category.  I think he told her he had cancer before and was cured.  She thought him battling it again as a storyline would = his redemption.  Now that he's used her up already and the world figured it out, she's playing the victim.

• Love 8

Can someone remind me when they started filming and when Crooks moved in?   I thought they said he moved in sometime in November 2014 - and the main reason I think he faked the cancer - so she would insist he move in so she could take care of him.   

• Love 1

Can someone remind me when they started filming and when Crooks moved in? I thought they said he moved in sometime in November 2014 - and the main reason I think he faked the cancer - so she would insist he move in so she could take care of him.

I'm not sure if he actually moved in in November, but Briana said on thanksgiving someone called her and told her to watch, and Vickie and Brooks were sitting on the couch and a producer asked Vickie if Briana knew Brooks had moved in, and Vickie said "I guess she does now"... But I don't know how long he had been living with Vickie when that announcement was made.

• Love 2

I went back and forth between early on and always knew.  I do think that it's likely that Brooks threw it out there as a manipulation (like the story Tamra told of them in Hawaii) and she didn't know when he first said it, but she pretty much immediately found out that he didn't have it and then still ran with the story that he did. 

I really, really dislike the idea that the women should have to forgive Vicki.  I hate forced forgiveness.  You can't control other people, you can only control your reactions to them.  If Vicki stays on the show and the women have to film with her, it basically tells her that she CAN do whatever she wants.  There's no way for her to remain and for the women to have actual boundaries, they really aren't possible with someone like Vicki, not when she can do something like this.  She may not be able to get in Heather's face and scream at her the way she does Tamra or Meghann, but she can still create lies that would damage her husband's professional reputation.  And at the end of the day if they have to forgive her and go on as if nothing has happened, they are in a position where it doesn't matter how they feel, or that they've been wronged.  They can't even really feel the way they want to about it, because look how Vicki spent a season telling them that THEY were the wrong ones, when she knew she was lying.

• Love 3

Can someone remind me when they started filming and when Crooks moved in?   I thought they said he moved in sometime in November 2014 - and the main reason I think he faked the cancer - so she would insist he move in so she could take care of him.   

Brooks and Vicki floated the Brooks has cancer story out there in September, I will Brooks gave an official statement in October.  They were obviously together.  Vicki signed her Season 10 contract in mid-January.  Vicki has a tendency to say, "we are broken up right now but we still say in contact."  I sense they aren't really broke up they are just trying to pacify someone.

• Love 3

Brooks and Vicki floated the Brooks has cancer story out there in September, I will Brooks gave an official statement in October. They were obviously together. Vicki signed her Season 10 contract in mid-January. Vicki has a tendency to say, "we are broken up right now but we still say in contact." I sense they aren't really broke up they are just trying to pacify someone.

If it looks and smells like poo it must be poo.

Vicki, Brooks and whoever else is involved with this bs don't pee on our backs then tell us its raining.

Edited by BrianJ62
  • Love 3

The only reason I'm inclined to believe that it took a while for Vicki to figure out that Brooks was faking is because she's the most self absorbed person I think I've ever seen. I'm not positive or anything, but I do believe there's a scenario where he told her he had cancer and she freaked out for a bit all "Oh no! Why does everything awful happen to meeeeee" and then said she'd help and take care of him to make herself look/feel good and then went back to worrying about herself and her work. I believe it's possible that she occasionally "took him to chemo" in the way where he had her drive him to a treatment location, maybe (MAYBE) walk in with him and then he'd say something like "oh, this is going to take forever, you go back to work and come get me in 3 hours" and she went "ok! My work is the most important thing that's ever happened so that makes sense" and she left. Then he'd do whatever for 3 hours or so and she'd come back and pick him up.

I have literally no evidence of any of this, it just makes sense to me that it's possible. I do think she figured it out at some point, but I think by then she had screamed about his cancer enough that she felt she had to continue the lie. I don't believe she ever saw the inside of a treatment room, I think she's lying about that but in the way where she's convinced herself she did "take" him to chemo and she's describing what he told her it looked like because she couldn't be bothered to actually go in and sit with him (which worked in his favor since he wasn't actually getting chemo to begin with). 

The sad reality is people do fake cancer. It happens a lot. Some do it for attention, some for money, some because they're just pathological. It's sick and disgusting but it happens. 

• Love 15

I picked that she always knew (now that I'm convinced it had all been a lie). Originally Vicki did not want to have Brooks film because of all the Brooks bashing. When Andy told Vicki that if Brooks was living with her, then she had to film with him or be fired. That's when I think V & B cooked up this storyline. It should have solved all their Brooks bashing problems and more, if they had played it right. Everyone (except Brianna probably and even her a little) would have felt bad for Brooks and laid off him. Vicki would have gotten sympathy and casseroles from the women and to top it off, Vicki would have had a great storyline and season. Well we know that's not how it went down. I don't think Vicki will ever come clean and even if she did, I think it's time for her to go.

• Love 12

I picked that she always knew (now that I'm convinced it had all been a lie). Originally Vicki did not want to have Brooks film because of all the Brooks bashing. When Andy told Vicki that if Brooks was living with her, then she had to film with him or be fired. That's when I think V & B cooked up this storyline. It should have solved all their Brooks bashing problems and more, if they had played it right. Everyone (except Brianna probably and even her a little) would have felt bad for Brooks and laid off him. Vicki would have gotten sympathy and casseroles from the women and to top it off, Vicki would have had a great storyline and season. Well we know that's not how it went down. I don't think Vicki will ever come clean and even if she did, I think it's time for her to go.

Me too!

Unfortunately for us...Vicki won't want to leave. The check she gets for the season is way more than she makes selling insurance. It also provides a platform for her to hock her crap like Vicki's Vodka. I can see it now, she must be rushing to various publishing houses to get a book deal. The Love Tank Betrayed - How My Woo Hoos Turned to Boo Hoos. Someone is gonna have to pry that Orange out of her dying hands

KFB request for next season. If Bravo brings back Slicki - please provide shots of her getting hit with the upholstery cushion KFB pitchforks in her opening shot

• Love 8

Everyone's seen the textbook definition of a narcissist, but I came across this description on the American Greed website:

“Narcissistic people have a high sense of entitlement and an abundance of egocentric, ‘the world revolves around me,’ and egotistical, ‘I’m better than anyone else’ behaviors.”  “They are shameless self-promoters who are arrogant, haughty, and oblivious to the harm they cause others.”

A hallmark of narcissistic personality disorder is “a strong sense of entitlement.”

“When they see something they like and want…they believe they are entitled to take it, regardless of the damage they cause.”

http://www.cnbcprime.com/american-greed/2015/11/06/american-ego-the-common-thread-in-the-biggest-scams

• Love 3

Me too!

Unfortunately for us...Vicki won't want to leave. The check she gets for the season is way more than she makes selling insurance. It also provides a platform for her to hock her crap like Vicki's Vodka. I can see it now, she must be rushing to various publishing houses to get a book deal. The Love Tank Betrayed - How My Woo Hoos Turned to Boo Hoos. Someone is gonna have to pry that Orange out of her dying hands

KFB request for next season. If Bravo brings back Slicki - please provide shots of her getting hit with the upholstery cushion KFB pitchforks in her opening shot

Me too!

Love your Woo Hoos turning to boo Hoos, ha ha...wonderful

• Love 8

To be honest, in my opinion even without the scandal I feel like Vicki's housewife days were numbered... She's a total mean girl to any new cast member, she seems to essentially have the same or similar drama every season, I lost interest in her long before this scandal broke.

• Love 8

The only reason I'm inclined to believe that it took a while for Vicki to figure out that Brooks was faking is because she's the most self absorbed person I think I've ever seen. I'm not positive or anything, but I do believe there's a scenario where he told her he had cancer and she freaked out for a bit all "Oh no! Why does everything awful happen to meeeeee" and then said she'd help and take care of him to make herself look/feel good and then went back to worrying about herself and her work. I believe it's possible that she occasionally "took him to chemo" in the way where he had her drive him to a treatment location, maybe (MAYBE) walk in with him and then he'd say something like "oh, this is going to take forever, you go back to work and come get me in 3 hours" and she went "ok! My work is the most important thing that's ever happened so that makes sense" and she left. Then he'd do whatever for 3 hours or so and she'd come back and pick him up.

I have literally no evidence of any of this, it just makes sense to me that it's possible. I do think she figured it out at some point, but I think by then she had screamed about his cancer enough that she felt she had to continue the lie. I don't believe she ever saw the inside of a treatment room, I think she's lying about that but in the way where she's convinced herself she did "take" him to chemo and she's describing what he told her it looked like because she couldn't be bothered to actually go in and sit with him (which worked in his favor since he wasn't actually getting chemo to begin with). 

The sad reality is people do fake cancer. It happens a lot. Some do it for attention, some for money, some because they're just pathological. It's sick and disgusting but it happens. 

To me the big clue is the scenario where she faked to Tamra taking Brooks to the ER.  You can only fake so many visits and treatments.  I do agree she is the most self-absorbed person  on the planet.  Even this weekend it was about going to OKC because Briana was having SURGERY.   

• Love 7

First, thanks ZM and Ann for doing this poll.

I voted that Vicks knew early on.  The reason why I don't think she knew all along is because the woman is so fucked up when it comes to needing a man in her life, she just ignored that there's a pattern to this guy's MO.  Sad.  I think when she did realize it, probably with a lot of help from Briana, she realized she buried herself and went with it.  Add to that her fucked upness about needing a man.  I think the other women would have questioned it but not to the extent they did except Meg drove the train and the woman had no choice except to get on board.  Say what you will about Meg.  She got his number.  And old Brooks and Vicks never saw it coming. 

The woman have no obligation to forgive her.  If it were me?  Nope.  But while I think that they might not necessarily forgive her, they'll tolerate her for the show if she comes back.  Tamra will be the first followed by Heather.  Shannon and Meg?  Questionable.

Vicki will be back.  Why?  Drama.  That's what these shows thrive on.  She's not Brandi or Kim.  She can play victim and you know she will.  And some viewers will buy into it.  Others will enjoy watching the drama.  Personally, I think she's a person who needs a lot of therapy.  Just to note - I think Briana (and yeah, she's got a whole bunch of issues) reprieved herself on Brooks.  She saw the truth about the relationship the whole time.

• Love 8

If I believed Vicki did it for a story line I could probably get passed it and watch her again. I would still be mad and think she is awful but I could understand on some level. As it stands I beleive she did it to make money off her club detox and I will never ever get over that. EVER. She too busy to accompany Brooks to any appointments (hell she's too busy to notice the love of her life is not battling a deadly disease) but she has time to film all these alternative treatments...the coffee enemas and earth yoga or whatever the hell she called that. Bullshit.

I don't think the club detox was a motivator - it's not her company, she was (and at least on the website still is) simply endorsing it. I didn't see anything where she claimed it as a cancer cure - just a health thing.  

I doubt Vicki "cooked" this up from the beginning.  It makes sense to me that Crooks pulled out this story [ apparently, his "go to story]  in order to distract from the prostitute thing and  finally move into her house and it worked.  Vicki as a victim isn't out of the realm of possibility for me;    I used to see  smarter women than Vicki  who've been taken by some smooth talking guy tell their story on Oprah all the time; and they all fit the profile: middle-aged, financially independent, and of course needy. 

Like someone else  posted above, I can even see her accompanying Crooks to the hospital and then he leaves her in the lobby for four hours while he slips out the side door and has a burger for lunch.  I can see him faking being sick after his pretend chemo.   I've always thought Crooks was that elaborate of a con-man (hello - forged health records) and Vicki was that gullible when it came to him.  

Crooks has a history of not treating Vicki very well and she has a history of super neediness.  I think whenever she had doubts about his health status he shut her down and made her feel like hell for questioning his cancer, because really - who doubts a loved one's cancer diagnoses.  It was easier for Vicki to live in denial than realize she was being duped because if she faced that fact she would have to throw him out.  So she believed him and covered for him - until she couldn't any longer.  Not because he finally confessed but because the evidence (or should I say lack of evidence) became overwhelming.  That's not good but I don't put it on the same level as someone like Brooks who would fabricate the whole thing from the start and not even for the first time. 

So yes, I think Vicki was a victim - at least in the beginning - and then found herself in so deep that she made the terrible decision to perpetrate the story rather than expose it or call it out, probably because of her ego and her fear that people would think she was part of it - which she was, but by association.   Also, there was always the possibility [in her mind anyway] that he really was sick.  For that, she needs to make amends.  For being too weak to expose Brooks and toss him out. 

That said, I don't think she should return next year - only because I think that would mean there was a possibility of Brooks returning and even though my TV show standards are low, they aren't that low.  

• Love 6

I doubt Vicki "cooked" this up from the beginning.  It makes sense to me that Crooks pulled out this story [ apparently, his "go to story]  in order to distract from the prostitute thing and  finally move into her house and it worked.  Vicki as a victim isn't out of the realm of possibility for me;    I used to see  smarter women than Vicki  who've been taken by some smooth talking guy tell their story on Oprah all the time; and they all fit the profile: middle-aged, financially independent, and of course needy. 

I agree with all of this.

And the bolded sentence hit me like a ton of bricks so I copied and pasted it to an email to my friend.  My friend who is in denial about our other friend who is involved in a 'situation' with a cad.  Complete with, what I suspect is, a phony health diagnosis.  Ugh.   She totally fits the profile that you so simply put into words and what I've been trying to tell her all along.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4

I was just watching the famous episode where they show that doctor and Tamra the 'results'. I missed it when it ran. I think Vicki knew by then that this was a lie. I paused and looked at the shot of the results. The whole thing was run together and words were mis-spelled. It did not look at all convincing to me. However it might convince Tamra. Who is not a particularly knowledgable woman. So they showed it to Tamra with a chunk of bullshit about her being Vicki's longest-standing friend. However, if Vicki thought Brooks was sick, why not summon Heather? She could take it home to her husband. The doctor. And if Dubrow rubber-stamped it that would shut everyone up. But she didn't. And the look on Vicki's face during that scene was incredible. That mixture of fear and discomfort? I think she knew by then. Maybe she was cued by the doctor's comment about 'if it's not fake'. But she was in too deep and felt she had to go along.

I felt the same way UNTIL we heard about the Terry/IV lie that Vicki told both Briana and Shannon BEFORE filming began, back in Oct. 2014.  If Vicki really believed that Brooks was sick, there was no need for her to make up this lie as filming had not started and she had no way to know that anyone would question his claim of having NHL, therefore no need for sympathy for Brooks unless he/they were lying from the start.  JMO

• Love 5

I felt the same way UNTIL we heard about the Terry/IV lie that Vicki told both Briana and Shannon BEFORE filming began, back in Oct. 2014. If Vicki really believed that Brooks was sick, there was no need for her to make up this lie as filming had not started and she had no way to know that anyone would question his claim of having NHL, therefore no need for sympathy for Brooks unless he/they were lying from the start. JMO

You're right! I'd forgotten about that! I'll scrub that post. Lying bitch knew all along!

• Love 4

This is from Vickis blog dated July 20th. I want to thank those of you who have reached out to Brooks and thank you for extending your prayers and well wishes. I want you to know he truly appreciates it. Regarding his cancer therapy, a crucial part of it is focused on boosting his immune system and literally starving the cancer away. He has been focused on drinking raw juices from clubDetoxoc which delivers over 25 pounds of highly concentrated nutrients and cancer fighting antioxidants per day. The juices contain 40g of living protein for the body to have the needed energy for healing and repair. This is not the only thing that Brooks is doing, however his primary focus is boosting his immune system. Without having a strong immune system, the body will continue to break down. He is also being overseen by his oncologists and is finally seeing positive results on his recent scan which is very encouraging. Lenka the owner of Clubdetoxoc has a membership program available where you can join and receive more information on how to get your body healthy through plant based food

As most of you know, cancer cannot survive in an oxygenated, alkaline setting and that has been our primary focus. It's been a long journey but we have an amazing team and HE will win this battle. Please visit their website at www.clubdetoxoc.com for more information.

Sounds like she's shilling it as a cancer cure as much as the law will allow.

ETA from June

For those of you that have emailed to me regarding Brooks cancer, thank you for all the encouragement. Some of your stories have been so touching and we have received a lot of great recommendations to what you have done to rid your body of cancer. I have received so many emails of cancer survivors and all of the confusing information on how to treat this disease. I truly believe you can't do only 1 thing, it must be a combination of alternative medicine, holistic treatments, and western medicine. It's a complete lifestyle change on not only eating, but also positive thinking, lots of prayer, and surrounding yourself with the best professionals there are. We are so happy that we found Lenka at www.clubDetoxoc.com as she has brought so much knowledge to Brooks and I about eating raw fruits and vegetables, juicing, and using FOOD as our medicine. Please visit the website and become a member to learn how you can rid your body of toxic chemicals and start fueling your body with what it needs to get healthy.

So keep your stories coming. They are inspiring for Brooks to read and thank you again for all your support. We love you and appreciate all of you.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 14

I agree with everything you said, Lisin. 

All along, I've said that I think that Vicki's moment of clarity was during the last episode, in the limo with Tamra.  I don't know why, but I think that Vicki may have had her doubts prior to that, but she was so wrapped up in herself, her mother dying, and her need to be loved (even by a lowdown scamming con-artist piece of shit), she didn't WANT to dig further, or demand answers from him.  Plus, if the verbal or physcical abuse stories are even slightly true, she may have been afraid of him.

This may sound horrible, and it is horrible for me to even think this, but does anyone else think that Brooks may have been just a teeny, tiny bit happy that Vicki's mother passed away so unexpectedly?  Think about it - we know that Vicki is a complete drama queen, and everything is all about her.  Her mother's passing away and the subsequent grieving and depression on Vicki's part worked perfectly in Brooks' favor, as he may have played that card with her, over and over again...."Don't worry, Vicki - I can get myself back and forth for treatments and dr. appts. - I know you're not in a strong enough frame of mind to deal with my issues"....."Don't worry about me, Vicki - you need to grieve and get through this - I don't want to add to your stress".....and other things like that.

Do I think she should return?  Probably - but, only if we see this as a redemption arc.  Vicki would have to do a complete 180, and I don't know if that is possible.  I remember how loathed and how much everyone absolutely hated Camille Grammar her first season on RHBH.  Second season was her redemption - she had more people in her corner than Lisa Vanderpump, who is clearly the fan favorite of that franchise.  

As I said, I don't know if it's possible for Vicki to change - she really needs some deep therapy that I hope she gets and follows through on, for her own sake.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 6

I agree with everything you said, Lisin. 

All along, I've said that I think that Vicki's moment of clarity was during the last episode, in the limo with Tamra.  I don't know why, but I think that Vicki may have had her doubts prior to that, but she was so wrapped up in herself, her mother dying, and her need to be loved (even by a lowdown scamming con-artist piece of shit), she didn't WANT to dig further, or demand answers from him.  Plus, if the verbal or physcical abuse stories are even slightly true, she may have been afraid of him.

This may sound horrible, and it is horrible for me to even think this, but does anyone else think that Brooks may have been just a teeny, tiny bit happy that Vicki's mother passed away so unexpectedly?  Think about it - we know that Vicki is a complete drama queen, and everything is all about her.  Her mother's passing away and the subsequent grieving and depression on Vicki's part worked perfectly in Brooks' favor, as he may have played that card with her, over and over again...."Don't worry, Vicki - I can get myself back and forth for treatments and dr. appts. - I know you're not in a strong enough frame of mind to deal with my issues"....."Don't worry about me, Vicki - you need to grieve and get through this - I don't want to add to your stress".....and other things like that.

Do I think she should return?  Probably - but, only if we see this as a redemption arc.  Vicki would have to do a complete 180, and I don't know if that is possible.  I remember how loathed and how much everyone absolutely hated Camille Grammar her first season on RHBH.  Second season was her redemption - she had more people in her corner than Lisa Vanderpump, who is clearly the fan favorite of that franchise.  

As I said, I don't know if it's possible for Vicki to change - she really needs some deep therapy that I hope she gets and follows through on, for her own sake.

I completely agree with the part in bold.  As far as Brooks was concerned, Vicki's mother's death could not have been timed better.  At the beginning of the season she was picking over his food, telling him not to eat bread, etc. I also think whenever Vicki brought up the ladies' questions, he told her how to respond; "Just tell them you went with me,..." When her mother passed away, she was so wrapped up in her grief, it gave him more time to take himself to "appointments", etc.

I think she definitely knew when they showed the mockument to Tamra.  She had a look on her face like she wanted no part of any of it.  Before that, I think she believed him, because she wanted to believe him, and she wanted him around,for whatever reason.

Edited by AnitaKnight
  • Love 6

This is from Vickis blog dated July 20th. I want to thank those of you who have reached out to Brooks and thank you for extending your prayers and well wishes. I want you to know he truly appreciates it. Regarding his cancer therapy, a crucial part of it is focused on boosting his immune system and literally starving the cancer away. He has been focused on drinking raw juices from clubDetoxoc which delivers over 25 pounds of highly concentrated nutrients and cancer fighting antioxidants per day. The juices contain 40g of living protein for the body to have the needed energy for healing and repair. This is not the only thing that Brooks is doing, however his primary focus is boosting his immune system. Without having a strong immune system, the body will continue to break down. He is also being overseen by his oncologists and is finally seeing positive results on his recent scan which is very encouraging. Lenka the owner of Clubdetoxoc has a membership program available where you can join and receive more information on how to get your body healthy through plant based food

As most of you know, cancer cannot survive in an oxygenated, alkaline setting and that has been our primary focus. It's been a long journey but we have an amazing team and HE will win this battle. Please visit their website at www.clubdetoxoc.com for more information.

Sounds like she's shilling it as a cancer cure as much as the law will allow.

That, right there, is the final nail in the coffin for me & Vicki. Unscrupulous Bitch.

• Love 12

That, right there, is the final nail in the coffin for me & Vicki. Unscrupulous Bitch.

Yeah, that's pretty damning.  I used to enjoy dogging Holla Heather for how ham-handed she was when shilling her goods in her blogs.  But this?  Wowza.

• Love 4

This is from Vickis blog dated July 20th....

...clubDetoxoc which delivers over 25 pounds of highly concentrated nutrients and cancer fighting antioxidants per day.

She is an unscrupulous bitch.

25 pounds of nutrients per day?  

It's more like  25 pounds of BS per day.

• Love 11