Type keyword(s) to search

Vicki: Conspirator, Liar or Victim?

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And once again, she puts down women with the I needed a wife. She liked that Brooks picked up her dry cleaning, go grocery shopping and put gas in her car. Um, Vicks, lots of 'Guys' do that. God, she annoys me with stereotyping. I know. She works.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing! She liked Brooks because he picked up her dry cleaning and made her protein shakes??? Get an assistant lady. Beside the fact that she labeled those things "wife" things. She's a piece of work.

She got choked up and teary-eyed because Gretchen said that she felt sorry for her?! She's like, "that's all I wanted!" Wow!

Where can I read/watch Shannon's sound-off?

• Love 8

Couldn't believe what I was hearing! She liked Brooks because he picked up her dry cleaning and made her protein shakes??? Get an assistant lady. Beside the fact that she labeled those things "wife" things. She's a piece of work.

She got choked up and teary-eyed because Gretchen said that she felt sorry for her?! She's like, "that's all I wanted!" Wow!

It's on the Bravo website under Real Housewives of Orange County.

• Love 1

It is all part of the new Stockholm Syndrome.  Full gas tanks, shopping, morning beverages served on a silver tray and errands run are part of the master plan of the abuser.  This is why Briana makes me nuts-Vicki basically wants a mate who behaves like a house boy.  (I will use Vicki like terribly offense terms since she called Brooks a wife.)  She is not being held hostage by anything other than her insatiable need for attention and affirmation.  Whether Brooks learned of Vicki's need for constant affirmations between the sheets long before Vicki announced her dry love tank or from the show I don't think it is a big secret she a sucking hole of need.

Gretchen is just trying  to get back on the show-her statement made no sense.  it was another one of those weird apologies wrapped up to make me feel the victim/support statement wrapped up around her hurt.  I can't see Vicki and Tamra buddying up if Gretchen is part of the scene.  Vicki may want to remember it was Gretchen who made sure Vicki's affairs got plenty of air time.

• Love 7

The whole notion of Donn even wanting to consider reuniting with Vicki is so bizarre, unless he plans to put her through the worst type of emotional torture imaginable.  Then again, anything is possible.  He may see a real opportunity to earn a paycheck just like Brooks did. 

I just can't imagine that Vicki's business hasn't taken a hit with her antics this season.  I voted that she knew from the get-go.  Better late than never.

I know Briana's not the most popular woman in the thread, but with a mother like Vicki, IMO the only way she could tell her truth was to humiliate her mother in front of a million people.  Very sad. 

• Love 7

I find her magically thinking (that if she got back together with Donn her family would be together) very odd. Like a kid on the play ground who demands a do over.....life doesn't work that way Vicki. Those family times were long ago and there is a lot of water under the bridge. I also really loathe her willingness to throw anyone under the bus to save herself.

• Love 16

He may see a real opportunity to earn a paycheck just like Brooks did.

Unless his job prevents it, I think Donn would do this in a heartbeat, for the money, but not with the true intention of a real reconciliation. He'll take the money and appear on the show as long as they want him.

• Love 3

Unless his job prevents it, I think Donn would do this in a heartbeat, for the money, but not with the true intention of a real reconciliation. He'll take the money and appear on the show as long as they want him.

I think the idea is Vicki is suppose to be showing her genuine life not more made up storylines.  She has proven family and (Rhonda) will film with her for a paycheck or complimentary tickets to California.  I think the other women will probably demand authenticity.  Vicki's role cannot just become-throw a situation out there and let the audience and the others figure out if it is real or fake.  To me, the show should be based loosely on the going ons in their lives not a series of family and friends coming in to create a little drama or entertainment. 

In a perfect world to me, Vicki for her dishonesty should just be forced to sit on that kiddie train day after day, going around in circles, while the others travel the globe, go to parties, go shopping and go to lunch because that was about the only honest scene all season out of Vicki.  She didn't even fake vomit-I do believe she claimed she might.

• Love 11

I know I would not do business with Vicki after watching the show.

I have a pretty good BS indicator in me and I suspect that I wouldn't do business with Vicki after meeting her for 5 minutes, show or no show.

• Love 11

I don't think Donn has any desire to get back with Vicki under any circumstances....even a Bravo paycheck.  Since Donn hasn't had much, if anything to say, after their divorce or any of Vicki's comments about getting back with him,  I think Donn is a happy camper enjoying retirement and playing golf.  I don't know if any of the things Vicki has said about Donn or what was in some tabloids, is true but I give him credit for not continuing to involve himself in it all.  Donn's ship has left the dock and he's waving goodbye.

• Love 8

I don't think Donn has any desire to get back with Vicki under any circumstances....even a Bravo paycheck.  Since Donn hasn't had much, if anything to say, after their divorce or any of Vicki's comments about getting back with him,  I think Donn is a happy camper enjoying retirement and playing golf.  I don't know if any of the things Vicki has said about Donn or what was in some tabloids, is true but I give him credit for not continuing to involve himself in it all.  Donn's ship has left the dock and he's waving goodbye.

Does anyone know if Donn receives alimony from Vicki? If so I doubt he'd want to lose it.

• Love 2

The interview with Andy was a joke. He never asked her about the numerous specific lies that she's said. Why didn't he? There are so many clear and obvious lies.

Remember how she equated herself with Jesus about the casts' accusations? Umm, Vicki, just shut up about Jesus.

She knew the whole time and is a horrible person.

I hope she doesn't return to this show, she should be fired.

• Love 8

How do you know Vicki is lying? Her lips are moving. Donn does not receive alimony are her lamentations that she's still "working like a dog" to subsidize his life of leisure and assertions that he "hit the jackpot when he married me" are manifestations of her escalating psychosis/dissociation from reality. She had to buy out his equity in the house and his marital stake in other shared assets; California is a community property state. Her refusal to understand or accurately represent the concept of pooled finances allows her an opportunity in this context to indulge her gargantuan martyr complex. The sum with which Donn walked away was pretty insubstantial, imo, relative to the decades-long nightmare that marriage t Vicki must have been. http://www.realitytea.com/2014/01/29/divorce-finalized-between-real-housewives-of-orange-countys-vicki-and-donn-gunvalson/

• Love 15

How do you know Vicki is lying? Her lips are moving. Donn does not receive alimony are her lamentations that she's still "working like a dog" to subsidize his life of leisure and assertions that he "hit the jackpot when he married me" are manifestations of her escalating psychosis/dissociation from reality. She had to buy out his equity in the house and his marital stake in other shared assets; California is a community property state. Her refusal to understand or accurately represent the concept of pooled finances allows her an opportunity in this context to indulge her gargantuan martyr complex. The sum with which Donn walked away was pretty insubstantial, imo, relative to the decades-long nightmare that marriage t Vicki must have been. http://www.realitytea.com/2014/01/29/divorce-finalized-between-real-housewives-of-orange-countys-vicki-and-donn-gunvalson/

This has always irritated me, too. Donn got his share of the property, just like Vicki did. And it wasn't all that much, either. Oh, and I bet Vicki didn't turn down her share of Donn's retirement benefits earned during the marriage. Vicki is just useless. She needs to go away.

• Love 10

The more Vicki talks about Donn the more pissed off at her I get & I may be a bit touchy on the subject after my extended holiday weekend with my in-laws.  Hubby & I are going to celebrate our 22nd aniiversary tomorrow  & it was brought up during a dinner.  My FIL (full disclosure: he was drunk by now) leans over, nudges me with his elbow & says I'd say you did pretty good for yourself... initially I assumed he meant because my hubby is a great guy (& he is) so I nod in agreement.  I guess I should've waited to agree because he ellaborated that "my station in life" has been raised due to this marriage.

When I met Mr. Lucy he was a poor college student with a part time job from a middle class family.  I had a full-time job & was from a middle class family.  My FIL took a risk 20 years ago & leveraged just about everything he had & bought into the construction company he worked for, it paid off & he retired a multi-millionaire.  Mr. Lucy is an Electrician & I was a SAHM (we sacrificed many material things over the years so I could be home with my son, a decision we made together)

Anyway when FIL said that to me, it made me feel completely worthless, like I was some kind of gold-digger with a crystal ball 22 years ago.

If I remember correctly Vicki had nothing when she got with Donn & anything she accomplished during that marriage was a joint effort.  She didn't start off selling insurance, making a killing. Aa business was built over time, with Donn's support & blessing.  Anything he got in that divorce was EARNED!  Shit, after putting in 20 years with Vicki he was probably short changed.  JACKPOT, my ass!!

(Sorry that was so long, I am still upset from the weekend)

• Love 19

The more Vicki talks about Donn the more pissed off at her I get & I may be a bit touchy on the subject after my extended holiday weekend with my in-laws.  Hubby & I are going to celebrate our 22nd aniiversary tomorrow  & it was brought up during a dinner.  My FIL (full disclosure: he was drunk by now) leans over, nudges me with his elbow & says I'd say you did pretty good for yourself... initially I assumed he meant because my hubby is a great guy (& he is) so I nod in agreement.  I guess I should've waited to agree because he ellaborated that "my station in life" has been raised due to this marriage.

When I met Mr. Lucy he was a poor college student with a part time job from a middle class family.  I had a full-time job & was from a middle class family.  My FIL took a risk 20 years ago & leveraged just about everything he had & bought into the construction company he worked for, it paid off & he retired a multi-millionaire.  Mr. Lucy is an Electrician & I was a SAHM (we sacrificed many material things over the years so I could be home with my son, a decision we made together)

Anyway when FIL said that to me, it made me feel completely worthless, like I was some kind of gold-digger with a crystal ball 22 years ago.

If I remember correctly Vicki had nothing when she got with Donn & anything she accomplished during that marriage was a joint effort.  She didn't start off selling insurance, making a killing. Aa business was built over time, with Donn's support & blessing.  Anything he got in that divorce was EARNED!  Shit, after putting in 20 years with Vicki he was probably short changed.  JACKPOT, my ass!!

(Sorry that was so long, I am still upset from the weekend)

There's something about holidays and family dins that brings out the asshole in people. Don't let your FIL's words bug you -- now that you know he might pop off with these kinds of comments (especially if he's had a bit too much sauce) and you are fed up with ignoring him, get some quietly snarky responses ready in advance, esp with the December holidays impending. These can range from the mild ("yes indeed and thank you for reminding me how lucky I am!") to the moderate (And, don't forget, I got you as my father-in-law in the bargain! Blessings!") to ballsy ("And I can't wait til the papers are finalized and I get my half!"). Might help ;)

• Love 13

You all are so nice!  I mean that sincerely.  My take is simply that Vicki is a dimwitted, 100% selfish congenital liar, wholly incapable of telling the truth.  Completely worthless person, totally and deeply involved in Brooks's scam, which she entered into deliberately in order to earn from the juicing/holistic treatments. 

She is so pathetic and beneath contempt.  She has zero good qualities, let alone redeeming ones.  She will twist and manipulate her grandsons just as she did Brianna and Michael, or at least attempted to with Michael.  She deserved Brooks, she would deserve to be subject to some investigation and to have her clients leave her, and lose her business.  She operates barely on the side of the law, and I mean quite sincerely that she deserves prison much, much more than do many incarcerated inviduals.  She preys on people who are ill with her insurance peddling.  She tried to scam the possibly dying this season. 

And she's one of the physically ugliest people on the planet.  And THAT is the only thing she has ever really cared about.   Being a 'hot blonde' with enormous fake tits and a fucked-up, carved up, injected face.  What a joke!

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 9

OT: Congrats to you and your husband on 22 years! (and I don't blame you one bit for being upset/mad by your FIL's callous statement)

I am still too digusted by this whole Vicki/Brooks debacle but am immensely enjoying everyone's comments. Just sittin' here nodding and hitting the like button. :)

• Love 5

The only question that remains is did Vicki sufficiently redeem herself to secure a new contract as a fulltime RHOC and another season of payola for Briana?  Somehow I think the dunderheads at Bravo probably think it is ratings gold in the bank when Vicki  lies and sets herself up for a fall.  Been there done that with Vicki.  Sadly, RHOC does not have really strong leads like Bethenny, Lisa Vanderpump or Teresa Giudice so in some ways she is not a big enough draw to be missed but she will create a hole because there is no one that can take the lead and drive the sled.

• Love 3

My guess--admitted just a guess--is that Vicki will be back, on the redemption pity me/victim arc and will either make up with the women (I refuse to call grown ass women girls) or have her ass handed to her a few times...deservedly so. Whichever, she'll be back.

All Bravo cares about are ratings and ad revenue. Cancer doesn't matter, lying doesn't matter, lawsuits don't matter, marriages and divorces don't, ruined children--nothing matters--it's all about the money to be made and nothing else.

• Love 10

I wish these shows ran like a presidential term -the 2nd term.  4 season max & then you are out no matter what.  And if they wanted to do a second term (the max allowed) then the viewers get to vote!  Vicki is past her expiration date, as well as Tamra.

• Love 11

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/vicki-gunvalson-thinks-shannon-beador-needs-to-move-on-from-the-brooks-ayers-drama?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=565ed18d04d3013b4cca61f8&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Of course Vicki wants Shannon to stop thinking it's about her...EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS ALL ABOUT VICKI!  GAW!  Everyone, stop looking at Shannon, she's obviously just trying to steal Vicki's limelight.  This is Vicki's time to shine as the ultimate victim, why don't people want her to be happy?  Shannon owes her two casseroles for this.

• Love 6

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/vicki-gunvalson-thinks-shannon-beador-needs-to-move-on-from-the-brooks-ayers-drama?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=565ed18d04d3013b4cca61f8&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Of course Vicki wants Shannon to stop thinking it's about her...EVERYTHING IS ALWAYS ALL ABOUT VICKI!  GAW!  Everyone, stop looking at Shannon, she's obviously just trying to steal Vicki's limelight.  This is Vicki's time to shine as the ultimate victim, why don't people want her to be happy?  Shannon owes her two casseroles for this.

It was never about Shannon it was about Vicki and her dishonesty and failure to respect her friends' feelings.  Dumbass.  She sounds just like Brooks. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

Vicki trying to distance herself from LiarGate by making a big deal about her daughter's visit to Mayo Clinic in Arizona:

Vicki Gunvalson ‏@vgunvalson  Dec 6 Mayo Clinic
Praying tonight as we check in tomorrow at Mayo clinic with Briana.  Hoping to find out what her health issues have been for over 4 years

• Love 2

Its funny that she feels the need to make sure all her i's are dotted and all her t's are crossed.  It is incredibly sad that she feels the need to do so because of her own actions and yet clearly sees herself as the victim in all this.  Also nice job at trying to drape herself in Brianna's health issues.  Not just to try and keep her record of being a victim of some sorts pretty much her entire life.  But also as a means of what I can't help are a sort of bizarre means of saying 'see I do have health issues in my world; ones I do take an active role in". 

I know Brianna has plenty of detractors here.  I'm not sure where I stand since I can't go full blame since I see and discuss how horrible Vicki is as a parent and then cry foul when Brianna at times does seem to try to balance the nuts with what I do think are feelings a child has for her parent.  But I have to wonder if Brianna had any idea let alone approval of Vicki using her like this? 

And I don't dislike Brianna anywhere near enough to not wish her good health.  But damn.  does Vicki think the way to keeping her orange in another season is to have her storyline be another health struggle in the family.  Even if entirely real.  That would be insane (I know it sounds like I am jumping the gun here but remember, I did say it would be insane.  And it is Vicki.)

Its funny that she feels the need to make sure all her i's are dotted and all her t's are crossed.  It is incredibly sad that she feels the need to do so because of her own actions and yet clearly sees herself as the victim in all this.  Also nice job at trying to drape herself in Brianna's health issues.

What I find even more pathetic is this woman needs to have the validation of faceless strangers (that would be you and me and anyone who watched the clusterfuck of last season) and continues to seek approval from a bunch of folks she's never met, never will and who don't give a rat's ass about her beyond her warped entertainment value.

That's sad.

• Love 4
I know Brianna has plenty of detractors here.  I'm not sure where I stand since I can't go full blame since I see and discuss how horrible Vicki is as a parent and then cry foul when Brianna at times does seem to try to balance the nuts with what I do think are feelings a child has for her parent.  But I have to wonder if Brianna had any idea let alone approval of Vicki using her like this?

I used to be a big Brianna fan.  I thought she had her shit together (nursing school, good grades in high school) and seem refreshingly down to earth for an OC kid. 

However, she lost me with desperately marrying a man she barely knows (who might have been in another relationship) and then condoning his horrible behavior with lies (I was truly frightened by his anger). 

It also seemed hypocritical that Brianna was so against Brooks, but just expected her family to accept her new husband, who she secretly eloped with.  She even later let her mother pay for a lavish wedding ceremony, though she was already married.

I know Brooks is a con artist who is using Vicki, but how did her family know Ryan had good intentions when he married Brianna?  He seems to be someone from a modest background and marrying Vicki's daughter would probably be a big step up for him financially.  The answer is the family had no clue who this guy is and what were his intentions, but they accepted him anyway, because Brianna would not have it any other way.

I would also like to point out like Vicki with Brooks, Brianna also turns a blind eye to any bad behavior on Ryan's part.  His temper and control issues (like taking over Vicki's house with security cameras) is swept under the rug.

At the end of the day, she is her mother's daughter.  She is just much more savvy about how she presents herself.

• Love 3

Vicki's son bought a house, which means Vicki bought a house for her son.  The RE Agent even sent flowers and champagne to Vicki:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_DMc8SLZLr/

https://www.instagram.com/p/-0Epd9n0ld/?taken-by=mikewolfsmith

More damage control? Vicki is definitely someone who voraciously reads sites like this.  I remember how she talked about being called Miss Piggy and Truffle Hunter which, if I remember correctly, were well used nicknames for her on TWOP.  I wonder if the talk about how Michael didn't let her know where he lived hit home; especially since it also dipped into her as a mother and trying to re-establish that as her main role in life (life on tv I mean).   I wonder if Vicki allowed him much input or whether it was his bargaining chip; Vicki only gets to know where Michael lives if she pays for it.  Heh.  Even if so, Michael has another think coming if he won't end up paying for that house one way or another.

That or Brianna's house was all Vicki and Michael expects sibling parity in terms of what mom buys them.

• Love 3

Do we know where the new house is? If its in San Diego, I just bet vicki paid for some part of it. Living here is expensive. Nearly everyone I grew up with has moved elsewhere to raise their families.

Somewhere in the San Diego area.  The real estate agent is with Canter Brokerage, San Diego and La Jolla.  Vicki is paying for it, directly or indirectly.  He wouldn't have the job he has if his mom wasn't the owner of the company.

• Love 2

Vicki's codependent relationship with her children continues.  She always tries to buy their affection, it's a little sad.  I know many people help their kids out on a down payment (I was not that fortunate, even though my parents had the money to do so, they insisted I stand on my own two feet), but Vick is different. 

• Love 2

If people only listen to the podcast Bitch Sesh for the product reviews at the beginning it's still highly worth it! They've reviewed Brandi's wine, LVP's sangria, and in the most recent episode they start with a review for Kathy Wakili's coffee and Vicki's fragrance. It's worth the listen!

• Love 5