Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I began watching B&B during Steffy and Liam’s Aspen wedding story line (fall of 2013, I believe?) so I'm unfamiliar with the Spectras. I think the reintroduction to them is exciting. B&B has been the same old, same old for months now, and it is so refreshing to see new faces and a new story line on the show. I actually looking forward to watching it, instead of watching out of habit and loyalty.

I like Sally, lots of pep, much needed on the show. I like Patrika Darbo in the role of Shirley. I’m assuming Shirley is not a new character. Is Patrika new to the role?

• Love 11

OMG. Maybe the idiots in charge are actually listening to us and have gotten the message that the incestuous love lives of the Logans, Forresters and Spencers are not the stuff of what an entire soap opera should be made. Glad to see the Spectra Fashion storyline back!

• Love 11

I am on board with anything that will put Spectra back on the canvas because; YES, YES, YES, FUCKING A YESSSS!!!! Now I am convinced our comments on the survey were not only read, but read and taken seriously. Just too many things have been happening that we talk about. I could be wrong, but I don’t care about that either, because at long last it looks like we will be getting a competing fashion house. But not just any old competing fashion house, no, it looks like we are getting a reprisal of the original. And what would be the point of that, if you weren’t going to have fashion shows? And C.J.? And those awesome clips with vintage Sally and an incredibly buff and good looking Thorne? Darla? Fucking Saul? I am so stoked! I have stuck by this show through so much ridiculous nonsense; have watched it decline and loose it’s way with a broken heart. But this gives me hope. Call me crazy, but we are all entitled to at least one guilty pleasure, and the Forrester’s, Logan’s, Spencer’s and Spectra’s entertained me for years. This may be a colossal fail; doesn’t matter to me, because I will give Show props for trying.

Right off the bat I am loving the new “Sally.” It would be easy to become too campy and over the top, but I think she is playing it pretty close to the center. Love her hair and love her style. It appears she is a designer. Interesting. Does this mean Thomas will be running the show and she will be designing? And I am wondering if Rick will be playing into this? You just know he will make Thomas’s whine sound like a whimper. Throw in Brooke, who isn’t going to be happy about any of this; Rick getting passed over, Quinn and Ridge’s newfound “friendship” (Nosey Parker is so gonna blab!), and this could really prove to be exciting.

No Ridge, you don’t get to talk to Thomas about “acting mature about this.”  You haven’t taken it well when you have been denied or lost the CEO spot. If this is what having money creates, well, you can just keep that ish. Entitled, cutthroat, whiney baby, backstabbing betrayers.

The look on Liam’s face when Fauxdilok’s told him she would be sharing the CEO spot going forward? Oh, he was butt hurt and so scared she was going to say Quinn. The utter relief that passed across his face when he heard Ridge.

Pierson Fode’s habit of curling his lower lip as he talks always makes me think he has a chunk of chew in there. He should stop that.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, AManfred said:

began watching B&B during Steffy and Liam’s Aspen wedding story line (fall of 2013, I believe?

Summer of 2011, which goes to show how little anything changes on this show.

39 minutes ago, politichick said:

OMG. Maybe the idiots in charge are actually listening to us and have gotten the message that the incestuous love lives of the Logans, Forresters and Spencers are not the stuff of what an entire soap opera should be made. Glad to see the Spectra Fashion storyline back!

Me, too. Now, if they found a way to keep the older Avants around, we'd have a home run on our hands :)

• Love 6

Katie's STFU moments as well as Thomas' shirtless moments are getting very annoying.  Hissy fits also are getting on my nerves. WTF has Thomas ever done to be a CEO?  Just being an entitled ass hole does not make an executive.  Well maybe in LA. 

What's with Steffy?  One day she looks half way decent and the next day she looks like crap.

I think I'm going to like the Spectras especially Sally Jr. I think they will add a little comic relief to B&B. 

• Love 11

Thanks, RuntheTable, but I haven't watched any of those shows, etc. Perhaps she just reminds me of someone I've seen before? Guess that's it. But thanks so much for your reply.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Katie's STFU moments as well as Thomas' shirtless moments are getting very annoying.  Hissy fits also are getting on my nerves. WTF has Thomas ever done to be a CEO?  Just being an entitled ass hole does not make an executive.  Well maybe in LA. 

What's with Steffy?  One day she looks half way decent and the next day she looks like crap.

I think I'm going to like the Spectras especially Sally Jr. I think they will add a little comic relief to B&B. 

Oddly enough, this is the first time I thought Pierson Fode looked good. I don't know if it's a new haircut or cut body but he was on fire today. Obviously, he's going to be working with Sally 2.0. I guess this means Linsey Godfrey is really, really out. I always thought she was a Brad Bell pet.

• Love 5

Yeah! I thought Thomas looked back in good form today. He didn't look as overly worked-out like he used to but still in find shape. I like that new look for him, but still, now need to a random shirtless-in-the-office scene.

Sludge just could wait to rush around the office and boast and gloat, did he?  I hated the way he talked to Thomas; more or less leading him down the road named ambiguity.)  I don't understand why Thomas thinks he's qualified for the CEO position (only slightly less so than Steffy, but nonetheless unsuitable.)

I wonder why Steffy and Liam aren't now crying that Evil Quinn has diluted the CEO position as punishment of Steffy for divorcing Wyatt. That would seem like perfect logic for those two and give them yet something else to whine about.

Wow! That new Spectra crew is like a a breath of fresh air. I like the new  Sally and she's a good actress. It was such a jarring contrast to go from her and CJ and the older lady to Waffles and especially Steffy. She is so wooden compared to Sally 2.0. That girl has some moxie and style and acting chops. I'm looking forward to seeing more of them and hope they all aren't just another form of Avants. (Here today, gone tomorrow.) It seems like they've invested too much in talent and sets though ... we'll see.

Hey, was Mick Cain's scarf today a shout-out to Ronn Moss?

• Love 12

I'm not sure what I just saw... but I really think I'm going to like it.  Especially since it involved some good writing and everyone stepping up in the acting department.  I've always liked Patrika Darbo (DAYS) and young Sally looks like she is a force to be reckoned with.  Thomas is halfway to Spectra Fashions already. And in a way that makes sense - how bizarre is that?  :-)  

There were a few things that annoyed, like the camera angles with TK/PF.  Sorry guys, it only makes the height differential even more obvious. And Steffy's hair. Can I call it hair? 

Courtney Hope (Sally) does remind me a little of Gina Tognoni.  (Someone else mentioned it and I saw it immediately.)

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 13

The Avants never fit because all of them besides Sasha were created mostly to prop Maya coming out the trans closet and little else. They had no interconnectivity to anyone else, other than Nicole dating Wyatt and Zende. By contrast, Alex (the woman Ridge slept with before his first wedding) was not only familiar with Ridge but knew Storm from law school; likewise Taylor too was initially engaged to Storm when she arrived to LA.

That and this show has one of the youngest casts of any of the shows left, so there wasn't much  for Viv and Julius to do besides bash Sasha....and boy did that grow old fast, even quicker than Liam's "we wuz wobbed" speeches. Any workable ideas for them would require Brad Bell to step outside of the perpetual triangle mold he's looped himself in, and that ain't happening any more than Y&R will ditch their horribly written corporate crap or GH will ditch the mafia.

• Love 6

I admit it would have been nice to see Sasha and Thomas develop or to see her mother come on but honestly, if it meant more Nicole and/or Zende for conflict then I'm kind of glad it all fell apart.  That said, I hope to see FC on my screen again soon. (Preferably in something scifi or Marvel/DC related. That's my primetime genre of choice.) 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I am on board with anything that will put Spectra back on the canvas because; YES, YES, YES, FUCKING A YESSSS!!!! Now I am convinced our comments on the survey were not only read, but read and taken seriously. Just too many things have been happening that we talk about. I could be wrong, but I don’t care about that either, because at long last it looks like we will be getting a competing fashion house. But not just any old competing fashion house, no, it looks like we are getting a reprisal of the original. And what would be the point of that, if you weren’t going to have fashion shows? And C.J.? And those awesome clips with vintage Sally and an incredibly buff and good looking Thorne? Darla? Fucking Saul? I am so stoked! I have stuck by this show through so much ridiculous nonsense; have watched it decline and loose it’s way with a broken heart. But this gives me hope. Call me crazy, but we are all entitled to at least one guilty pleasure, and the Forrester’s, Logan’s, Spencer’s and Spectra’s entertained me for years. This may be a colossal fail; doesn’t matter to me, because I will give Show props for trying.

They had me at CJ, but the clips of Sally, Thorne, Darla and Saul got me crying ... I've missed them so much. It also reminded me how myopic B&B has become.

I want Sally#2 and the resurrection of Spectra Fashions to be original and successful, not a recycling of Sally#1 hijinks.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8

I agree with the last statement. The new Sally doesn't have to establish herself by being a "knock-off" (LOL!) of the original recipe Sally.  The bravado and bawdy posturing and delivery aren't necessary on an ongoing basis. We get it. Let this young lady develop the character in a more organic way. The red hair is semblance enough.

• Love 9

Aside from a wider forehead, the guy playing CJ has barely aged in the last ten years. That haircut, though made him look like a beatnik ?

But god, what a refreshing change of pace, seeing the old Spectra building and logo. I wonder whether the set had just been in storage or they'd had to rebuild from scratch? And Sally 2.0? She doesn't have to announce that she's "fun"--you can tell that she is. And here she is wanting to build something back up rather than be given it because reasons, like the other bitchbabies on my screen today. 

One thought, however: I think if they needed to round Spectra: The Next Generation, why not bring back Jack Marone? hes already got a tie in being Brooke's biological son and Thomas and Steffy would remember the few months when he was their baby brother, and for all the development they got in the 2000s, I'd consider them a core family. He could even have another brother or sister that Nick had offscreen and finally be cured of his baby rabies.

I hate Ridge, but after what Thomas did to Caroline, he should be glad to have any position with the company at all.  

Steffy seems more irritated about splitting the position than she ever did about any of Liam's concerns over Quinn. But they kept their clothes on today, do that's a plus.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7

Recap for Wed. 2/1/17:

Ridge walks into what is now his office again to find Thomas changing. What a paltry excuse to get PF shirtless because who changes in someone else's office?

Ridge tells Thomas he has news for him: "An announcement that's gonna be made. You're my son, so I wanted you to hear it from me."

Thomas: "What's the announcement?"

Ridge: "There are gonna be some changes here at Forrester."

We cut to Steffy and Liam at the beach house, all kissy face. Steffy's hair looks normal, well, all one color, for a change.

Steffy gets serious after a moment and tells him there's a new CEO. He smiles, thinking she's reminding him of her promotion, which feels like forever ago at this point. When he realizes she's not joking around, he asks whom it is (and I'll give him points for proper grammar).

Steffy tells him she's sharing the position with her father. Waffles looks confused but what else is new?

We cut to Il Giordino where our spitfire Sally 2.0 is still at the bar. The bartender asks if she wants another and she fires back, "Who's going to drive me home?"

He smiles and says, "That can be arranged" and she smiles back. "I'm sure it could." Ultimately, she demurs, telling him "another time maybe."

Sally gets a call from the original Sally and can I say how it did my heart good to have Sally back again? Aunt Sally is on the beach and wants to know how her favorite great-niece is doing. Sally says she is doing great and flirting with the bartender.

Aunt Sally is proud. "That's my girl."

Sally asks how she is doing and her aunt is pleased to tell her she's still on her private island with her cabana boys and race horses. She wants to know if Sally has looked into the Spectra building like she asked.

Sally: "Not yet."

Aunt Sally: "Oh, honey, if CJ has his way, that old battleship will have a date with the wrecking ball, and we can't let that happen. Now get on it, girl! You're my last hope!" Sally looks a little daunted at this.

Liam wants to know how Ridge got co-CEO and Steffy chalks it up to yet another Quinn and Eric scenario.

Thomas is confused as to what changes Ridge is referring to. He knows it's not president because Quinn's not going to give that up. Ridge tells him Eric wants to make a change with the CEO position. Thomas wants to know why Ridge is telling him this and Ridge feels it affects him. Um, way to make Thomas think it might be a change to him, Ridge.

Aunt Sally tells Sally she doesn't want Spectra destroyed. She wants it to sing again and she reminds Sally that her designs are good.

Sally tells Aunt Sally, "Will do...and keep the cabana boys busy." LOL.

A woman (the wonderful Patrika Darbo whom I adored as DOOL's Nancy) strides over to Sally, telling her she'd knew she'd find her there. She wants a drink but Sally, calling her "Grams," tells her "Not now." She fills her in on her phone call with Aunt Sally and Grams all but rolls her eyes, assuming her sister is trying to save the building. Apparently, CJ is dead set on knocking it down (oh, CJ!) Sally isn't going to let that happen and she tells her grandmother they're going to Spectra Fashions, dragging her away from the bar.

Liam asks Steffy if she is okay with the change and Steffy admits she was blindsided. Liam is as well, especially considering Quinn is involved. They don't know what to think, considering Quinn and Ridge are supposed to hate each other. Steffy concedes that she doesn't have a problem working with her father, but she knows that Thomas is going to throw a shit-fit. Well, those are my words, but am I wrong?

Thomas asks how the change affects him and Ridge tells him that Steffy has done a great job as CEO, but they need a designer at the top and, of course, Thomas (beaming) jumps to the not-illogical conclusion that Ridge is asking him to take CEO on. 

Ridge: "No, I'm not. Thomas, your grandfather asked me to be in the CEO Office."

Thomas, backpedaling: "Yeah. Right. Right. Dad, congratulations. You obviously deserve it. I mean, Steffy, she's young, inexperienced, and we all know that it was a matchmaking thing by Quinn. How's Steffy taking this?" He really has it out for his sister but he has a point - she's no more experienced than him and at least he's had several years of design experience under his belt. But neither of them deserve CEO.

Ridge: "No, we're not replacing Steffy." Uh oh...

Sally and Grams are at the old Spectra building...squee! We see the familiar Sally Says Recycle poster. Sally rips off the peeling paint on the door to reveal the Spectra logo and likes what she sees.

So it was her silhouette we saw in the preview. They walk into Sally's old office and talk about how Sally's spirit is still there. Amen!

We hear snippets of Sally's voice talking to Macy, Darla, and Clarke. Awww...

Sally: "It's up to us to revive that spirit." 

Grams insists it's a lost cause.

CJ (!!!) enters then and wants to know what's going on and LOL at his RM-esque scarf as noted upthread.

Sally: "It's all about the building."

CJ says he tried, with Jackie M, et al, and he couldn't make a go of it.

Sally scoffs that they'll just tear it down and put up another mini-mall. CJ scoffs that they could put up a petting zoo, he just wants out from under this place.

He softens, saying he understands how they feel, he grew up there, but the property taxes...and Sally cuts him off here, telling him she isn't willing to let this place go.

Sally: "I just spoke to your mom, and I told her that we were gonna bring this place back to life. And if we work together and pool our resources, we can do it!"

CJ: "Do what, exactly?"

Sally: "Revive Spectra Fashions. We're not out yet, baby!" A Spectra sign goes askew. Sally looks at it like "Seriously?" "It's okay. We'll fix it."

CJ: "Sally, you can't just revive Spectra Fashions." I have a feeling this gal can do anything she puts her mind to. Gram's look of pride tells me I'm right.

Sally: "Why not?"

CJ: "We've been off the grid for years."

Sally: "So was red meat, carbohydrates. They both made a comeback." Hee!

CJ: "You sound more like my mother every day." YESSS! And I LOVE it. She's not a cheap carbon copy or pale imitation - she's the REAL deal and the actress is striking a perfect balance here, not a caricature or cartoon, but someone who comes off as Sally's niece (great-niece to be specific) and has that same chutzpah but with her own personality. Even if I didn't already love the character/actress, the fact that they're bringing Spectra back...it's EVERYTHING. And I have to tip my hat TPTB for keeping this under wraps. Nicely played.

Sally: "We told her that we were gonna make this work, and we will!"

CJ: "Aunt Shirley, please help me. Talk some sense into her."

Shirley, laughing, "Oh, honey, I haven't been able to talk any sense into her since she was in diapers."

Sally: "We can do this, CJ."

CJ: "Yeah? Who's gonna run it? Huh? I mean, the best thing I can do is sell this place before it falls down around us.

Sally: "This is your mother's legacy! Think about the history and the memories! Look. There is the microphone that she used to call out the troops. I can almost hear her now. Saul! Get in here, on the double!"  And we see a brief flashback to Sally and Saul. 

CJ remarks, "If these walls could talk..."  And we see Sally again, this time, talking to a younger CJ, along with Darla and Thorne, about how nobody is gonna put a padlock on Spectra Fashions and miracles can still happen. You can see CJ is thinking...

Sally insists they can do this, the Spectras coming together again (YAY!) and taking on the fashion world.

Shirley tells him how proud it would make his mother, but he insists he can't do it.

Sally wants to know why not.

CJ: "Because I'm not Mom. And neither are you. Even if you do have the same last name. Look, Mom has a way, a style, right? (She sure did). She can overcome anything, and did. That's not me, guys. I don't have her magic. And honestly, I don't think anyone does. I'm selling."

Sally: "No, you're not. You're renting...the building...to me."

CJ: "You're crazy."

Sally: "Crazy like a red-headed fox!" She crosses the room to take a very Sally-esque stance. Love...I guess I'm in the majority that I don't mind some of the obvious Original Recipe Sally antics, especially in establishing New Sally as her great-aunt's heir apparent.

Steffy and Liam are still talking about Thomas...and how Ridge is going to have his hands full.

Thomas is PISSED...

Ridge: "Steffy and I, we're gonna share the title. And I know it comes as a surprise to you, but I assure you that when the time is right, when it's-"

Thomas: "What, what? That I'll be next in line after my sister? That's rough, Dad. That is ROUGH." It's rough, guys.

Ridge: "I'm gonna be leaning on you for design work."

Thomas: "For what? For the next 20, 30, 40 years maybe? Then I'll get my shot at being CEO?"

Ridge: "You know what I would like? I would like for you to be mature about this." When have you been mature a day in your life, Ridge?

Thomas rants and raves about Steffy being CEO was part and parcel of Quinn's match-making ploy and calling Steffy's online presence click-bait and six months from now, she'll be a shadow. He appeals to Ridge then, telling him the two of them should be running FC.

He then tells Ridge to take what's rightfully his (as sole CEO) and "have Steffy go back to whatever she does." Wow, he really, really can't stand his own sister. 

Ridge: "'Whatever she does?' She's running this company successfully! And I'm grateful that she's gonna share her title with me."

Thomas, not fooled: "You're grateful that your daughter's gonna share a title that's rightfully yours? No, that's a cop-out."

Ridge: "It's your grandfather's decision, not mine." No, it's the woman with whom you've been sharing secrets, among other things.

Thomas: "No, no. That's Quinn's decision! We all know it! That used to make your blood boil! What happened?" 

Ridge, dodging: "You know what? I knew this was gonna upset you. That's why I wanted to talk to you privately about it. Things are changing. This is an evolution. We finally get the company back! It's good for all of us!"

Thomas, nails him, "It's good for YOU and Steffy." And not that I give a damn about Thomas and his man-pain, but Ridge behaved the same exact way when Steffy got CEO so what a hypocrite he's being now that things have gone his way with telling Thomas to suck it up, buttercup.

Sally puts a picture of her aunt up and says she just wants them to think about it, Spectra in all its glory again.

Shirley agrees with Sally that it's a wonderful idea, but also agrees with CJ that it's a risk.

CJ: "That's right. That's exactly right. Just standing in this building is a risk." Ha!

Sally tells him to buckle up but he says he's not going on this ride with them. Sally shrugs, telling him he's missing out then.

Sally calls it an adventure, his mother wants it, he cannot sell it - he's going to rent it to her to revive Spectra.

CJ agrees to give her 6 months.

Sally, "Six months?!?"

CJ: "Take it or leave it."

Sally doesn't hesitate - she holds out her hand and says, "Deal!"

They shake hands and he smiles, wishing her "Good luck."

Shirley: "So, Sally, girl, how are we gonna go about doing this?"

Sally: "Same way Aunt Sally did. With spunk, energy! When the chips were down, Aunt Sally was at her best."

Shirley: "You know what she'd say about this?"

Sally: "Yes, yes, I do. I know exactly what she would say. She'd say it's a gamble, a bet, toss of the dice, a pull of the handle. But it's a jackpot, Grams, waiting to pay off. And we are going to collect. We are gonna turn this ragtag rattle trap into a thriving business. Spectra Fashions is about to be reborn!" Grams is beaming and even CJ has to smile (and you can see how PD and MC are enjoying the hell out of this storyline and Sally 2.0). The energy is through the roof, guys...and I'm so, so happy to have the Spectra gang back.

We cut back to Liam and Steffy and POOF, there goes all the energy. Imagine that.

Liam is sure Thomas will accept the decision and that she and Ridge will make a good team, just like them. Gag...can we go back to Spectra please?

Of course not...we have to see Thomas snotting to Ridge some more.

Ridge tells him not to overreact, but Thomas insists he's being "iced out" again and how should he react to this news?

Ridge insists they'll revisit things...sure they will. Thomas knows that in the mean time, Ridge will be running the company and Thomas' life. The former might be true, but the latter? I don't think so.

Thomas says the torch was passed to Ridge from Eric, so why not from Ridge to him? Ridge says he could - one day.

Thomas remarks that even if Steffy eventually steps down (and why would she?), there's Rick (who is likely to be even more pissed off at the news). Thomas doesn't understand how he fits in here anymore and Ridge thinks he fits in as a talented designer, as a Forrester, as his son.

Thomas says he wishes that meant something and now Ridge is pissed.

Ridge: "What? How the hell can you say that? When you and Caroline had your thing, I stepped away, and that wasn't easy for me. But it was best for you, it was best for your son, it was best for her. And this is best for you." I didn't see him that broken up about Caroline. I think the relationship had run its course where he was concerned, so Thomas being Douglas' father was a convenient excuse to get out of judge. 

Thomas: "Dad, I know that was hard. This was hard for everyone. But this is not the best. I don't see how I benefit at all. I wasn't consulted on any of this."

Ridge argues that he was in New York and Thomas calls him out on that flimsy excuse.

Ridge then tries to say Thomas was preoccupied with things and Thomas says he still is, his son is in NY, without him, but he has to come back and answer to his little sister as CEO? And now this?

Ridge: "'This'" is us taking control of this company again. That's what "'this'" is."

Thomas: "Correction, Dad. You and Steffy are taking over as CEO. Under the guise of Quinn. There's no family decision made here. I had no input in this. I'm happy for you. You deserve it. But it is time for me to look out for my future."

I have a feeling that he's going to look out for said future at the old Spectra stomping grounds and while I would love to see rival fashion houses, I'm not looking for a Sally/Thomas relationship - well, not a romantic one. I'd much rather see the fiesty Sally cross paths with Wyatt and let Steffy eat worms.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 12

Looks like they will be staying around for awhile; in addition to new Sally and Shirley, they have cast someone as Saul's nephew and someone for the Darla role. 

http://soaps.sheknows.com/the-bold-and-the-beautiful/news/49233/bb-reveals-spectra-familys-surprise-return

1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I'd much rather see the fiesty Sally cross paths with Wyatt and let Steffy eat worms.

OH! So much this! I keep thinking back to Wyatt's talk with Eric about looking for someone who has no history with Liam, so Sally fits that bill. And she is the kind of girl Wyatt needs; a spitfire with personality just like Sasha was/had. 

B&B is appointment TV for me again folks. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11

Yay! Spectra is back!

Seeing CJ makes me wonder:  What has CJ been up to? Does CJ talk to his brother Mark? What is Clarke up to? Is CJ married, does he have kids, etc?

I'm liking NuSally.  I wonder who her mom is?

I don't mind Saul's grandson being part of the gang but they didn't need to have the quirky receptionist also be "Darlita."

And speaking of Darla, this is why it was wrong to kill off Aly, because Aly could've been the shoe designer over at Spectra.  Aly would've fit in better at Spectra than at Forrester.

I also don't want to see any "Spectra steals/knocks off Forrester's designs" storylines unless it's Spectra getting the edge (honestly!) over Forrester's more youthful lines.  This is where Hope and her line can come back into the picture.

And yes, it would be fun to see Sally's great-niece go up against Stephanie's granddaughter.  If Thomas is the new Thorne, then we should probably expect him to hook up with Darlita at some point.  I don't think I'd want Thomas hooking up with Sally.  Wyatt & Sally seem like a more fun match, plus Steffy wouldn't like it (which would cause tensions b/w her and Liam, which can bring Hope back into the picture...Hope & Steffy teaming up (!) against Sally).

Writers, don't mess Spectra up!

• Love 13

Are TPTB really so out of ideas that they've retconned a new "Sally Spectra" (ok, I guess) but they're also bringing back Saul's grandson (really?) and a new "Darla" now known as "Darlita"?  Ugh.  Couldn't they at least try to create something new? 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Are TPTB really so out of ideas that they've retconned a new "Sally Spectra" (ok, I guess) but they're also bringing back Saul's grandson (really?) and a new "Darla" now known as "Darlita"?  Ugh.  Couldn't they at least try to create something new? 

I really wish they had at least gone with different names.

Other than that, I like the infusion of new/old blood. So, how long before Bell is bored with them all and takes them off contract? 6 months? A year?

• Love 3

I don't mind them reusing Sally or Saul as names as it's fairly common enough in families to name kids after other family members.

Darlita is a little too twee for my tastes.

I don't think they will be carbon copies and even if they were, you know what they say, everything old is new again.

Besides, whatever the Spectra gang has going on has got to be better than having to watch nosy bitch LemonHeads, Waffles and Puffy, or Ridge and Quinn hot flashes.

• Love 8

Brooke had better Lojack her man because Quinnsane made a bit of a comeback during that meeting. She appeared to be experiencing some jealousy when Ridge was being affectionate with his fiancee. I wonder how far the writers are going to go with this because how on earth could Eric ever forgive such a betrayal? 

• Love 2

I don't have a problem with new Sally and new Saul being named after their older relatives or even knowing each other.  As close as Sally & Saul were, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I do have a problem with the new Darla being named "Darlita."  C'mon, they could've named her Darlene if they were going that route.

I really don't want to see new Sally & Thomas mixing it up except on a friendly, professional basis.  Perhaps new Sally & Thomas can be like original Sally & Eric, competitors & friends and that's it.

http://www.tvinsider.com/114472/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-sally-spectra/

So according to the above linked article, new Sally's mom & dad flew the coop and left their kid to be raised by Gramma Shirley.  That means Shirley's daughter/Sally's mom (and dad) ain't $^&*.  It would be funny if new Sally's dad turned out to be Deacon.  You know he got around.  LOL

Edited by drivethroo
added info
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I don't have a problem with new Sally and new Saul being named after their older relatives or even knowing each other.  As close as Sally & Saul were, I wouldn't expect anything less.

I do have a problem with the new Darla being named "Darlita."  C'mon, they could've named her Darlene if they were going that route.

Sally 2.0 should've been named Darlene, tbh, as a nod to history as well as to honor Ms. Conley. Two birds with one stone.

But if that ends up being the biggest misfire in otherwise solid story free from entitlement babies taking the piss out of one another over who deserves more of Granddad's money or Dad's attention or Mom's loyalty (well, mostly...I'm sure Thomas and/or Rick will be joining up before too long), then it will be the best change to the show since Nick was introduced.

I'm completely serious about that, because The Bold and the Beautiful hasn't lived up to the bold part of that slogan in a good, long while. When I'd heard TPTB were putting some effort behind Y&R after the last round of sackings, I was hoping someone would put a fire under Bradley Bell's ass too. So far, this has some promise.

Now, for the other lame crap:

1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

STFU Thomas.  What have you ever done to deserve to run Forester?  Just like Puffy, neither of them has the experience or chops to run that company.  

If they're trying to recreate the Ridge versus Thorne dynamic, this was a complete DOA on every level:

1) I couldn't give a rat's ass about the entitlement twins after all the shady crap they've pulled on the rest of their family and that I'm sure they will eventually pull on RJ, Zende and/or Dino if and when he comes yo Granddad for work. 

They'd have likely driven Phoebe off the cliff themselves if Rick hadn't beaten them to it first.

2) All that being said, they've seem as close as any two people can be on B&B without being in bed with one another or uniting to keep Ridge and Brooke away from ea.....Oh.

But yeah. Poor setup is poor. 

3) The big blow up that Thorne had in 2004-2005 about being overlooked was nearly 20 years in the making, because we'd seen him as a young man running things from behind the scenes and loyal to Eric while Ridge was busy griping about Eric's vision. He'd long since earned the right to be pissed off.

Bradley Bell recycles all the plots of his father without any understanding as to why they worked.

• Love 4

Longtime viewer here, who hasn't seen the show in months.  Just read on FB that the Spectra's are being reintroduced, had to come to this thread to see what people are saying.  Even though, I don't watch I still DVR (bad habit)  but instead of erasing everyday I just might have to see this play out.  Ever hopeful!

• Love 7

Ridge's Plan A quickly switch to Plan B when he got what he actually wanted and that is CEO.  I think that was always more important to him than dumping Quinn. 

How can a fashion house go from 0 to profitable in 6 months?  I guess this is laying the groundwork for Thomas jumping ship and stealing designs .  Didn't Rick's girlfriend, at one time, steal designs for Spectra?  

There is an old axiom that you can't bullshit a bullshitter.  To add to that, I've found there are people, who accuse someone of doing nefarious acts are nefarious themselves which causes their suspicion.  Here we go, instead of a happy face, from Brooke, we get the condescending judgement squint.  Well for that matter they all had gloom and doom faces instead of being happy for Ridge. Of all people, Pam is the most excited. Has hell froze over?  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, drivethroo said:

It would be funny if new Sally's dad turned out to be Deacon.  You know he got around.  LOL

!!!

Just as long as it's not Bill. He needs another long lost kid like I need another hole in my head. :/

3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Didn't Rick's girlfriend, at one time, steal designs for Spectra?  

Which one?

Amber worked there until her Big Bear stunt nearly got Ridge killed and Thorne threatened to take care of Amber if Sally didn't. And Spectra was long gone when Maya and Caroline came on.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2

I stopped watching about a month ago but tuned in today to see if anything had changed...SO happy to see the Spectra storyline coming back to bring fashion back into the show and get away from these Groundhog Day  threesomes!  YAY!

And the hair??!!  Steffy has no part in her hair now, where did it go yet her hair is parted to the side....Brooke seems to have gone white and if she has been off her face appears "rested"...code for filled!!  LOL. Why does Quinn look so good in the same or older age bracket yet the others don't....Nicole, why is she there and she looked horrible with that slicked hair and sprayed on clothing.. and did Rick get new teeth... 

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 7
50 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

I stopped watching about a month ago but tuned in today to see if anything had changed...SO happy to see the Spectra storyline coming back to bring fashion back into the show and get away from these Groundhog Day  threesomes!  YAY!

And the hair??!!  Steffy has no part in her hair now, where did it go yet her hair is parted to the side....Brooke seems to have gone white and if she has been off her face appears "rested"...code for filled!!  LOL. Why does Quinn look so good in the same or older age bracket yet the others don't....Nicole, why is she there and she looked horrible with that slicked hair and sprayed on clothing.. and did Rick get new teeth... 

Brooke's hair was a hot mess, but a new hot mess.  But I thought she also looked like she lost weight, not that she needs to.

• Love 6

Darlene Conley and her Sally Spectra brought so much energy and "Boldness" to the show and it has not recovered from Conley's death.  Sally is a larger than life character and on the surface it can seem "wrong" to bring her back via an actress in a red wig doing a so so impression of our Sally.  However, seeing Sally talking to "little" Sally on the phone filled my cold heart with so much joy.  Bringing back the next generation of Spectras is just what this show needs.

• Love 12

I am happy to see a new Spectra family back on the screen. But I do hope that the young Sally calms down a bit with the shouting and arm waving. Get yourself under control and buckle down to work, girl. We get it-you're the incarnation of the old Sally. No need to scream and order people around with your loud voice. You'll soon wear out your welcome in this show. 

What exactly is Nicolle's job? Why is she sitting in on conferences in Steffy/Ridge's office? And why is she wearing that awful wig? Did her hair fall out? Is she just trying to keep her do nothing job by sucking up to Steffy every day? Okay, I've asked enough questions about that b.o.r.i.n.g Nicolle. Please get her off of this show.

• Love 9

I wished they'd gotten a voice actress who sounded a wee bit more like Conley, but I appreciated the sentiment nonetheless. I was kinda surprised they even did this at all, but in an odd way, it does feel like she'll live on forever.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

What exactly is Nicolle's job? Why is she sitting in on conferences in Steffy/Ridge's office? And why is she wearing that awful wig? Did her hair fall out? Is she just trying to keep her do nothing job by sucking up to Steffy every day? Okay, I've asked enough questions about that b.o.r.i.n.g Nicolle. Please get her off of this show.

She was an intern...a job she got after throwing her sister under the bus and causing chaos for all of FC. 

with the upcoming wedding of the decade of Zicole  (::eyeroll::), I hope to God that TIIC shuffle the both of them along after their Happily Ever After. What other story can they give to them, more Raya baby drama?

• Love 3

I think that they should have killed of the original Sally Spectra but brought back her sister and grand-niece to resurrect the legacy. This fake Sally on the beach in the fake wig just seems so cheesy to me. The woman is dead-just remember her with dignity and carry on her dream. This seems so disrespectful to me because she was such an integral part of this show. Don't cheapen it, please. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

!!!

Just as long as it's not Bill. He needs another long lost kid like I need another hole in my head. :/

Which one?

Amber worked there until her Big Bear stunt nearly got Ridge killed and Thorne threatened to take care of Amber if Sally didn't. And Spectra was long gone when Maya and Caroline came on.

It was Amber. I could remember her name at the time. She stole designs from FC for Jackie M Designs which was once part of Spectra. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I wished they'd gotten a voice actress who sounded a wee bit more like Conley, but I appreciated the sentiment nonetheless. I was kinda surprised they even did this at all, but in an odd way, it does feel like she'll live on forever.

This.  Sally Spectra was/is(?) a force of nature.  In my mind it feels natural that she will live on forever, chasing after cabana boys and living life to the fullest.  If anyone can cheat death, Sally would be the broad to do it.   

• Love 11

Indeed, the boldness has returned to Show. They dug deep for some of those clips; seeing such a young Sally brought tears to my eyes and reminded me of her turn as Rose DeVille on Y&R. I stand by my earlier statement that I am willing to overlook anything if it means Spectra is back on the canvas. However they want to introduce the new cast members, and however long it takes them to find their stride, is how long I will be right there beside them cheering them on. Anything Spectra related is a thousand times better than watching Liam and Fauxdilok's cavorting around or boring Zende and Nicole whining about all they have lost. 

Eric's monologue had me gritting my teeth. I won't deny Ridge's contributions to FC's, but Ridge is a designer not a leader. He is far too self serving and arrogant to ever really succeed in a leadership role. But what truly pisses me off is how Brooke's contributions get watered down during these power pissing matches between Ridge and Rick. Sure, Eric acknowledged Brooke, but it was almost an aside, sorta like "even Brooke has contributed", as if it is an amazing or surprising fact. My opinion is, and always has been, that Brooke was the best thing to happen to FC's. She could have gone down an entirely different path; her anger at the way she was treated over BeLief, and her hatred of Stephanie could have easily led her to make really bad choices. Brooke didn't do that though. Yeah, she pulled some stuff like kicking Stephanie to the basement, and lording it over Ridge and Eric. But she never let it go so far as to hurt the company. What she did do was think outside of the box; she was an innovator who brought new and fresh ideas to the table, and was responsible for some of FC's greatest successes. I don't see where Ridge and Rick have that type of legacy with FC's. They have both ran it, but neither of them have left a mark. 

My other gripe was how Eric was saying there hadn't been any conflicts in a very long time, and the last one was with Spectra. To quote English slang; Walk-er! I say, what nonsense is this? No conflicts? Didn't the whole executive team just get fired for boycotting your wedding? And prior to that, didn't you force Ridge to step down because of the whole thing with Douglas's paternity? What about Rick's reign of terror as he openly had an affair. What about when Bill took over the company? When Stephanie found out about the Trust from her father? Ok, so maybe Eric was only talking about outside influences, but it still rang completely false to me. Compounding my irritation was how he intimated that Steffy had turned the ship around. Lets see; Steffy has been CEO for all of two weeks, but she has righted the ship? I wasn't even aware the ship was in trouble. 

Brooke's hair looked ridiculous. Why can't she just trim that mess up into a nice sassy style befitting her age, and for fuck's sake, change the color! Now she has gone from yellow to white. Not flattering at all. 

Ridge's attempted seduction of Brooke in the other office had me wiggling around in my seat. Just NO. NO. NO. It is not working. 

Put a plug in it Maya. I get annoyed with Pam, but that doesn't mean you have the right to question her. Your whiny baby husband didn't get the spot, just suck it up and deal with it. 

Thomas's expressions were hilarious. He is so gonna jump ship. 

Isn't Wyatt part of the executive team now? Why wasn't he at the meeting? 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

So, Sally needs money and Thomas and Rick need a place to prove themselves. I can't imagine what will happen next! ?

It's an Andy Hardy movie!

"My dad's got a barn! ... My mom can make costumes! ... I wrote some songs during the accounting meeting! ... My mother has some Klieg lights in the fruit cellar! ... LET'S PUT ON A SHOW!"

They call us babes in arms, but we are babes in armor.

They laugh at babes in arms, but we'll be laughing far more.

On city street and farms, they'll hear a rising was cry.

Youth will arrive, let them know you are alive, make it your cry!

They call us babes in arms, they think they must direct us.

But if we're babes in arms, we'll make them all respect us.

Why have we got our arms, what have we got our sight for?

Play day is done, we have a place in the sun we must fight for.

So babes in arms to arms!

-- Apologies to the estates of Lorenz Hart and Richard Rodgers

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Ridge's attempted seduction of Brooke in the other office had me wiggling around in my seat. Just NO. NO. NO. It is not working. 

Oh God, was that the most forced thing ever today. In a week that gave us Steam tongue bathing one another, that's saying a lot.

2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Eric's monologue had me gritting my teeth. I won't deny Ridge's contributions to FC's, but Ridge is a designer not a leader. He is far too self serving and arrogant to ever really succeed in a leadership role. But what truly pisses me off is how Brooke's contributions get watered down during these power pissing matches between Ridge and Rick. Sure, Eric acknowledged Brooke, but it was almost an aside, sorta like "even Brooke has contributed", as if it is an amazing or surprising fact. My opinion is, and always has been, that Brooke was the best thing to happen to FC's. She could have gone down an entirely different path; her anger at the way she was treated over BeLief, and her hatred of Stephanie could have easily led her to make really bad choices. Brooke didn't do that though. Yeah, she pulled some stuff like kicking Stephanie to the basement, and lording it over Ridge and Eric. But she never let it go so far as to hurt the company. What she did do was think outside of the box; she was an innovator who brought new and fresh ideas to the table, and was responsible for some of FC's greatest successes. I don't see where Ridge and Rick have that type of legacy with FC's. They have both ran it, but neither of them have left a mark. 

Oh, I'm with you on that. Even Hope's teen line is more staying power than anything Rick has brought on. And you're right about Ridge, which is why Thorne was originally the guy who was learning the business side of the company and Ridge handled the designing and it worked for years until TPTB wanted to force more drama by having the parents choose him as President or VP (or whatever title it was; who can keep track?).

Its ridiculous how this show has minimalized Brooke in recent years. By all accounts, KKL seems like she hasn't got a bloated ego and I've only heard of her really speaking up against one story in all of thirty years, but if I were her I'd be pretty pissed at being marginalized. 

• Love 8