Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Also, what's struck me as unique isn't someone reading Ridge for filth--that was already old hat by season three--but who got to do it: a woman. More importantly, a woman who wasn't hot over his sorry milkshake and who wants nothing to do with him as he seems to believe she would be eventually.

The line about women always losing where sex is concerned seems very appropriate,  given the current political landscape.  I also wonder where this progressive attitude was last year before Rape Night and Captive Cabin were penned.

12 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Whoever wrote today's episode had a nice line with Liam/Steffy - something to the effect that what Quinn did will always be a part of them but doesn't always have to come between them.  I might have actually found it touching if I cared about their relationship.

Ain't that the damn truth?All she did was delay their usual breakup/makeup cycle. Liam may not remember why they split up, but Steffy sure does.

And the biggest danger to their relationship will always be Waffles and Puffy. Not Quinn, not Wyatt and hell, not even Hope.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 12

A+ to Rena Sofer! That was Emmy material signed, sealed and delivered!  I was watching TK's face carefully, and while obviously emoting being gobsmacked by the spot-on diatribe, I could tell he was very caught up in her delivery.  And rightly so.  HT* can sit out this time around because she gets the B&B nom every year.

I was so taken by their powerful scenes, that I don't remember much of what else went on.  Oh, yeah, Gladys Kravitz stopped by with some prop she most likely dug up at a thrift shop and attempted to smother Wyatt with her perpetual wet blanket. (I'll bet Wyatt being there derailed whatever she had in mind for her visit to Eric.) More of Liam's whining, "Let's Spend the Night Together." (The producers should create a montage set to that song.)

Other memories that stood out:

Steffy asking Liam why he needed to keep rehashing the same rhetoric

Ridge calling his bio-dad an "Italian billionaire blow-hard."

*Those few minutes of RS and TK were wa-a-ay more riveting than the months and months of Katie's on and off drunken and psychotic rants.

I was doing some researching online and Rena Sofer's background is as mysterious as Quinn's! She has an impressive resume of TV and film credits. All I learned about her was that her mother was a psychology professor and her father is a rabbi and she was born in CA and the family moved back east where she attended high school and college. Next thing,  she was on a soap. I would have been interested to learn how she got into acting, did she head west, do any performances in NYC? Modeling? Do tell!

• Love 14

Ridge is so lost and perplexed when faced with a woman not overcome with this animal magnetism. The fact that he sat down and said “I might miss something”, and “But what if all of a sudden you’re overcome with desire for me” shows that he still believes Quinn is hot for him.

That was quite the multi-layered dressing down Quinn gave Ridge. She certainly didn’t hesitate to tell him about himself, but I also appreciated how she wove the age old battle of woman and sex into it. Ridge has been more of a player since his return from Paris than he has been since the beginning of the show. After returning, he promptly dumped Brooke for Katie, then dumped Katie for Caroline, then dumped Caroline for Brooke, and is now trying to seduce his father’s wife. Gonna take a picture? Right. Sorta like Quinn did with Bill? The picture that ultimately caused you take a swim in the Persian Gulf? So in some respects, Quinn was spot on, because I don’t believe for one minute that Ridge was going to stop at picture taking. Unless those pictures contained a nude Quinn in bed with him, and Ridge has proven that he cannot resist a woman in bed, whether she has her faculties or not. It did seem that Quinn was pinching some nerves though. Ridge isn’t used to being called out for being an elitist snob. He is not used to a hard scrabble person telling him not to judge when you haven’t worn their shoes. Quinn absolutely made herself human in those exchanges. Rena Sofer just brought it. Her low key, straightforward delivery, and lack of visible emotion outside of shiny eyes was phenomenal. And I have to say, she certainly brought Thorsten to life. As much as I hate to admit it, I love their banter, but I have always been a sucker for love/hate relationships.

What I liked most was the exploration of Quinn, a character I would like to see fully fleshed out. Explain more about those terrible images we saw of her and her mother. What happened to her father? Does she have siblings? Who was this doctor she was talking about? Did her mom pimp her out? Quinn’s comment about “I was that woman” leads me to believe that something traumatic happened in Quinn’s past with a man. I hope they take this opportunity to fill in some of the gaps.

This could play out several different ways:

1.   Quinn could return to LA and spill the beans to Eric, who would dissolve in a frenzy of jealousy and disgust with his eldest son. Liam would give himself away by his reaction of disappointment that Ridge failed, causing Steffy to give him the side eye, and ultimately the boot for his hypocrisy about Quinn being a manipulator when he dove in with both feet to do the same thing with Ridge. This would also cause a massive Bridge collapse, and would hopefully hammer the final nail into that coffin.

2.   Quinn returns to LA and says nothing in an effort to keep Eric from finding out that Ridge has once again tried to betray him. Quinn finds out that Liam was on board for the attempted coup and puts him on full blast for being the weak, soggy waffle that he is. Steffy overhears this smack down and asks Liam if what Quinn is saying is true. Liam at first denies any involvement, but caves and admits he knew and actually championed Ridge. Steffy is furious and confronts her dad, then tells her grandfather.

3.   Quinn returns to LA and says nothing in an effort to prove to Ridge that she is a changed person. She won’t tell Eric because she knows how much it would hurt him and his relationship with Ridge. She wants Ridge to understand that she truly loves Eric and wants the family to be united and to accept her. Ridge is impressed and slowly starts to thaw towards Quinn, and begins to develop real feelings for her. Liam comes unglued and ends up needing psychological help.

4.   Quinn and Ridge continue their “discussion”, and before either of them realize it, they have fallen into bed for some scintillating hate sex.

Katie found a soccer ball that Ridge played with as a kid? Was she out there digging for gold or something? And once again, just showing up without any advance notice. But, she was mostly correct in her summation of the situation; I will never agree that Quinn forced Steffy to marry Wyatt though. For some reason I felt they may have been chem testing Wyatt and Katie. Now there is a combo I find interesting. Wyatt is not Bill’s favorite son, and hooking up with Katie wouldn’t help his cause there. Not to worry though, because it seems that Eric is going to be Wyatt’s father figure going forward. And I like the nice, easy comradery they are building between Wyatt and Eric. When you consider the prickly relationship Eric has with Rick and Ridge, and the constant fighting and bickering and backstabbing, it is kind of refreshing to see Eric enjoying the company of a younger man, who clearly respects and likes him.

Steffy and Liam were canoodling on the couch and Liam was rehashing everything again. Nothing new here, so we can just move on.

Except………the way Liam kept looking at his phone to ring, or ping, or hum, or vibrate. Good Lord, Waffle boy is gonna be hella butt hurt when he discovers what is happing in San Francisco.

Steffy’s hair is confusing me. It looks like a cheap wig, with its stiff lack of movement. It also resembles a Beaver that has been gutted and plunked down on her head.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, tessaray said:

The way this show is, I suppose Katie and Wyatt are inevitable (well, at least once Liam and Katie get together) but I don't see anything other than friends chemistry.  

Me, neither.

Certainly, the budget is not so shot that they can't have one or two more males not related to Forrester or Spencer?  I know there was a rumor posted in the spoiler thread about a resurgence of Spectra Fashions and I hope to hell there's some truth to that. I wish they'd have thought of that before killing the only living Forrester-Spectra link in Aly, but better late than never.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, tessaray said:

The way this show is, I suppose Katie and Wyatt are inevitable (well, at least once Liam and Katie get together) but I don't see anything other than friends chemistry.  

2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Me, neither.

Certainly, the budget is not so shot that they can't have one or two more males not related to Forrester or Spencer?  I know there was a rumor posted in the spoiler thread about a resurgence of Spectra Fashions and I hope to hell there's some truth to that. I wish they'd have thought of that before killing the only living Forrester-Spectra link in Aly, but better late than never.

Now, you both know that it is an unspoken rule/requirement, that all son's must have sex with their father's ex-wives, and that all father's must have sex with their son's ex-wives! It is just the B&B way!

I really didn't see any chemistry there other then friends myself. But I do think Show was processing a chem test all the same. 

• Love 6

Recap for Mon. 11/16:

We open with Quinn reading Rumple for the filthy, nasty, miserable excuse for a walking upright beast he is.

Quinn: "I can't believe you thought I would fall into bed with you." Of course he thought that. His ego knows no bounds and doesn't understand "no."

Ridge: "I will do whatever i have to to keep you away from my dad. No matter what the cost to me." Oh how noble and self-sacrificing of you. Except it's dickless and self-serving.

Having been outed by Quinn, he tucks his tail as if to leave.

Quinn: "What, you're leaving? You're not going anywhere." He actually listens and sits down, sending my Spidey senses into orbit. Could it be this was what he was angling for all along?

Wyatt and Eric are chatting about the conference Ridge and Quinn are attending, remarking on the miracle of Ridge saying nice things about Quinn and see, that should have them on high alert.

Wyatt, scoffing, "How long you think that's gonna last?"

Eric, laughing, "We'll see."

Wyatt tries to talk Eric into having a bachelor party (um a little after the fact but better late then never, I guess) since it's just the two of them, but Eric reminds them that neither of them is a bachelor.

Wyatt (sad trombone) remarks, "Sure feels like my marriage is only missing one or two more nails in that coffin."

Over at Thomas' loft, Liam is whining (isn't he always?) about how Steffy should come home with him tonight. 

Damn, Waffles, she's left your bed for what, a night?

Steffy, with a straight face, replies, "I can't say one thing and do another, okay? (Since when has that ever been the case?) Yeah, Quinn's out of town, but Wyatt's still here, and I don't want to do that to him." Do what, princess? Cheat on him some more?

Liam: "Well, you never know. Quinn could come home with a whole new attitude." And see, Steffy's own Spidey senses should be prickling right about now. But she is Steffy and she is stupid when it comes to Liam.

Liam waxes poetic about her being in San Francisco and how magical it is and could she could fall under the spell of Ridge-a-roni, the San Francisco gum on the bottom of your shoe, I mean, treat. 

Steffy insists that she's staying at the loft (even though she could easily afford her own place, but like squatter father, like sponge daughter) until their divorce is final. She also insists it's her decision and as with all things, including poverty and war, Liam claims it's all Quinn's fault. Somewhere in Italy, Brooke must be exhaling a sigh of relief that she's been given a (probably) temporary reprieve from being the resident whipping post.

Back at the mansion, Eric tells Wyatt he still thinks Steffy will change her mind and then who should come and knock on his door?

If you guess that busy-body neighbor with zilch life Katie, you are winner winner chicken dinner.

Funny how she couldn't get over to Eric's fast enough with Quinn out of town and supposedly none the wiser. 

Katie: "Is it too late to come by?" All butter wouldn't melt in her mouth and I just want to punch her in her smug face.

She has come over on the flimsiest of pretenses - returning Ridge's old soccer ball that Will just happened to find near the property line. It's been lying there, undetected, for 35 years?

200.gif#6

Eric is apparently excited over the find - um, Eric, you need to get out more. "Yeah! Oh, wait till Ridge and Quinn get back from San Francisco."

Katie: "I'm sorry, what? What was that?" You heard him, bitch, you were practically standing on top of him.

Wyatt: "The design conference up north."

Eric: "It seems it's already done wonders for their relationship."

Katie, laughing, "Huh."

Me, "Where's the Pepto?"

Quinn, staring Ridge down like the snake just before it strikes, "You realize that life as you know it is over, right? Because Eric is gonna strip you of everything that goes with the Forrester name."

bb-01-16-17-3.jpg

Ridge, cocky as ever, "No, Quinn. You're so silly. You don't really believe that, do you?"

Quinn: "Oh, Ridge. You're so charming. But you got caught. You're not gonna charm your way out of this one." Oh, watch him try. I mean just look at his stupid face.

bb-01-16-17-4.jpg

Katie, who knows 2+3 doesn't add up to 6.  Maybe. "So, you thought that by sending Ridge and Quinn to the design symposium, they would stop, um, hating each other's guts?

They all laugh. Well, hardee har har!

They laugh about the ability of Quinn to unite people with Wyatt remarking that she has the power to make people unite against her.

They switch topics as Katie sees the painting of Steffy. I'm not recapping all the oohing and aahing over Puffy.

Katie, hearing about the plan to get Steffy to move to the mansion, states the obvious about it not being wise to pressure her into anything.

Liam is still whining about them doing a number on her and strong-arming her into staying married to Wyatt so she could be CEO. Except...that's not what happened. The divorce is still on the horizon and she's still CEO and has the portrait to prove it.

Steffy is not happy with that and you would think she'd be over his whining by now. She even asks why he had to pick this night of all nights to rehash all of it. I mean, she gets it already and you can tell she wants to tell him STFU! 

Liam: "Because I miss you." Wah wah wah. "And partly because I know that these allegiances between Eric, Wyatt, and Quinn can fall apart just as suddenly as they were formed."

Steffy: "What makes you say that?" Yeah, really.

Liam: "Just a feeling." Uh huh.

Quinn, snagging the tequila bottle. "You want me to freshen that up for you? There you go. The whole idea was to get me drunk, right? I mean, this little cat-and-mouse game you got going, you realize it's over, right?"

Ridge, smug as can be: "I think we both know you better than that." 

Quinn: "That's almost comical, considering how wrong you have me."

Ridge: "Do I? Maybe I do. Maybe you're not the scheming black widow that I thought you were. Maybe you're just this insatiable black hole of need. All you needed was for me to flirt with you for a little while, and those big eyes are staring back at me."

Quinn, taunting, "Okay. Come on. Come on, rich boy. Seduce who you think I am because that was the whole idea, right?"

Ridge: "You know, I don't think I have it in me. And yes, maybe you're smarter than I thought you were." She is definitely smarter than what you thought and smarter than you by a long shot.

Ridge: "You caught me this time." And see this where I started thinking...this isn't like Ridge to just roll over and admit his assholery. So what's going on here?

Quinn: "'This time?' Wait. Whoa, whoa, whoa. You think there's gonna be a next time?"

Ridge: "Of course there's gonna be a next time! Because whatever you hate today, you're gonna love tomorrow. That's how you roll." OMG, he is truly vile.

Quinn tells him he reminds her of a shrink she had once and he, ever the sensitive soul, remarks "you tried mental help? Why would you stop?" I would talk if I were you, you fucking narcissistic, pyschopathic head case.

Quinn, who will get many amazing lines today, lines RS does incredible justice to, replies "Oh, you know what, see, 'cause the thing is this, people tell you all the time that you need help. So you either tell them to go to hell or you give it a try. And I learned a lot. I learned a lot from this guy. But here's the one thing that I took away more than anything else. Nobody knows anything about anyone."

That one has Ridge thinking, but she's just getting started.

Quinn: "Yeah, well, caveat, because that being said, there's a couple things that know about you. You are just like everyone else. You don't want me to have anything. You want me to know my place. You want me to beg. 'Love me! Oh, love me! See how special I am.' Mnh-mnh. No. No, those blinds are drawn. Nobody gets to see inside."

Katie has decided to champion the cause of Steffy and I cannot roll my eyes hard enough. We have to hear the litany of things she did to Liam and for the 15th time, he could have pressed charges but didn't. Mostly she talks about how it wasn't fair and don't even get me started. This is as bad as "we wuz robbed."

Wyatt: "There's enough unfairness to go around. Trust me." Yeah, like how it wasn't fair that Steffy married Wyatt in the first place if she knew her heart belonged to Liam.

Liam is all jumping and thinking he's getting a text from Ridge, his new BFF.

He lies about working on something remotely. 

He then moves on to jokes about removing her ring finger or maybe he'll find a ring with a wide enough band to cover the tattoo. So she is or isn't getting it removed? 

Quinn has had enough and tells Ridge to either give her the other key card (so she can leave) or he can go and sleep it off. Ridge declines.

Quinn: "Nothing's going to happen."

Ridge: "But what if all of a sudden you're overcome with desire for me?" The only thing I or Quinn would be overcome with is the desire to vomit.

Quinn is all but shaking her head, questioning how he can be Eric's son.

Ridge, seemingly all proud of his paternity now, " I'm not. Not at all. And this usually only comes up in heated conversation, but... the stuff I'm made of is... an Italian blowhard billionaire. (Um, Massimo and JM deserve better than that). Only I wasn't adopted. I was passed off as the real thing. So I'm, what do you call that? I'm an imitation Forrester."

Quinn, surprising him, tells him she knew all about his true paternity. She then remarks that poor Thorne is the real deal but can't get out from under Ridge's shadow: "That's how you got your revenge, isn't it? I mean, you made them all over in your own image, not the other way around."

Ridge: "Now, you grew up without a father, didn't you?" What is with his armchair psychiatrist act here?

Quinn: "Says who?"

Ridge: "You can't have mine." She is not looking to Eric as a daddy figure but rather, the first healthy relationship she's ever had in her life, including Wyatt.

Wyatt is now taking his turn at whining about how he's a loser and it "stung" when Steffy didn't cave to Eric's wish that she move into the mansion.

Ridge: "You want my father. You want our name. You want our money, our position. You want to take my mother's place. And you want my daughter and her future." She wants only the first one he listed and none of the rest.

Quinn: "She made vows."

Ridge: "Under false pretenses." Oh give me a break - Steffy knew everything there was to know about Quinn sans kidnapping and still married Wyatt. Because she wanted to, not because she had a gun held to her head.

Quinn: "My son deserves to be happy." But I don't know that Steffy will make him happy since she's always looking for greener grass instead of watering her own lawn.

Ridge: "Then let him figure it out! Don't be such a control freak. You can't hand somebody happiness! The same way you can't hand them health." That'll be the day someone, anyone, takes your advice, Rumple.

Quinn: "It's so easy for the one who has all the money and all the power to call me greedy and a control freak. When have you ever wanted for anything? You just take whatever you want. Whatever you see, snap your fingers and you have it. And then when you're done with that, your roving eye looks to see what you want a taste of next. Is that -- is that what it was gonna be with me? I mean, once I realized... "he's not so bad. He just needs to be loved." That would be it exactly. It's been his MO his entire life.

Ridge: "No, it wasn't gonna be that."

Quinn: "Liar." And a consummate one at that.

Ridge: "I was gonna take a picture. Nothing crazy. I was gonna send it to my dad, to show him how wrong he is about you." And why in the Sam Hill would he tell her all of this?

Quinn (and RS just rocks the hell out of this speech): 

"Wow. You don't care who you hurt. Even if it's you. And, of course, it had to be sexual. Because that's how men win and women lose. We lose if we love it, we lose if we hate it. We lose if we say 'yes' just a little bit too soon, right? And what does it matter anyway? I mean, it's rarely more pleasurable than a hot shower, and it barely lasts as long. But that's the only game that men want to play because we always lose. Especially if we want just a little bit more. Like lunch, right? Or cab fare or kindness. Because it's fun for you, right? It's fun to hold those little things from us. But you don't win big until you realize how I hurt and how I don't want be alone. That's when you get to sit back and go 'yeah! I got her, I used her for everything she was good for.' You know exactly what I'm talking about. You're Ridge Forrester. You're the ultimate womanizer. You get together with women so you can do that, so you can get them into bed and make them a conquest, and then you just get to drop them! I've been that woman! So don't. Don't you sit there in judgment of me! Of who I am, where I've come from, and what I've had to endure! Because you, you can go to hell, Ridge Forrester, if hell will have you, because I won't! And now...you can go."

And women the world over, Brooke, Taylor, Ashley, Donna, Caroline II, Alex, most notably, are this right now.

meryl_gif_oscars.gif.CROP.original-origi

And I loved every moment of her nailing his sorry ass to the wall, but...I can't help wondering if his transparent as a glass window plan to get her drunk and in a compromising position was not the real plan. The real plan, I fear is for him to be so damn obvious a blind man in a snowstorm could have sensed what was what and the point was to get caught, be called out, but allowed a peek into those blinds, a tiny little crack where he can try his mightiest to wriggle his way in.

Although I would like to think Quinn is far smarter and wiser and one thousand steps ahead of Rumple, there's a part of me, screaming,

200.gif#1

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 13

I thought Quinn's "I was that woman" was referring to her years ago relationship with $Bill.  A teen-aged Quinn, treated as badly by her mother as has been intimated, would definitely be looking for love.  I've always assumed Quinn was about 17-18 when she had Wyatt and that she's playing her real age on the show.  She looks incredibly fabulous BTW.

Mr Diva's comment about her scenes yesterday was that she must be paying the writers because the dialog and her delivery was masterful.  She played every beat  all at once. -- anger, hurt, frustration, sadness, strength, resolve -- without being OTT.  I floved her Now. You. Can. Go. to Ridge.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Wyatt: "There's enough unfairness to go around. Trust me." Yeah, like how it wasn't fair that Steffy married Wyatt in the first place if she knew her heart belonged to Liam.

It's hard to feel that sorry for Thirsty Chicken when he saw the video of Quinn dragging Liam off and didn't press her for answers until AFTER the wedding. 

Steffy could've postponed it too, but Wyatt's gonna Wyatt. Indeed, the only redeeming thing is that Captive Cabin aside, losing Steffy couldn't have happened to a nicer jellyfish.

26 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Ridge, seemingly all proud of his paternity now, " I'm not. Not at all. And this usually only comes up in heated conversation, but... the stuff I'm made of is... an Italian blowhard billionaire. (Um, Massimo and JM deserve better than that). Only I wasn't adopted. I was passed off as the real thing. So I'm, what do you call that? I'm an imitation Forrester.

1) Cool, so I guess this puts to be the Real Forrester debate to rest, then? No more digs at Rick and Hope from your entitled demon seeds?

2) Ridge was more than happy to turn to that Italian blowhard billionaire when he didn't have his way. Like when he bought Spectra out. Or when Brooke chose Nick, who told Massimo to kick rocks with his bribes to leave her so Massimo set Jackie up for tax fraud. 

Fuck him.

34 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

And women the world over, Brooke, Taylor, Ashley, Donna, Caroline II, Alex, most notably, are this right now.

You left off Margo :p But absolutely this. 

I'd include Katie, but let's face it, they were both using each other and she'd gotten her goal of Brill split up when Caroline showed up. 

• Love 4

Holy shit. Incredible acting from Rena. I want to stand up and applaud.

Quinn should tell Ridge to fuck off and take a cold shower. Or just a shower.

Someone please tell Thomas to put a damn shirt on. Please. It's giving me a weird Pirates of Penzance vibe.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

You left off Margo :p But absolutely this. 

I'd include Katie, but let's face it, they were both using each other and she'd gotten her goal of Brill split up when Caroline showed up. 

Shoot, I did forget Margo and Trisha - the Taylor doppelganger...

But I deliberately left LemonHeads off my list.

• Love 5

After what seems like MONTHS of the same six characters having the same conversations , as if the writers were on an extended vacation and the actors were told..." Heres the convo you'll be having ...switch it up a bit if you want..see you in February!"  Finally FINALLY it all comes to s frothing crashing beautiful crescendo "Now. You can go." ... 

But wait, no. Lets drag it out too long like every SNL skit until its uncomfortable instead of impactful, and end it with THAT!! (As an aside, i guess everyone on the show and behind the scenes has decided to rewrite DeaQuinn history)

I'm definitely not on board for that fuckery, and if tomorrow's show doesnt start off with a viscious right hook into the bag of trash masquerading as Ridge Forrester's face... Then I will go, instead of Ridge. 

Liam's like a six year old. Its not that he cant keep a secret, its that he cant even WAIT to let everyone know he HAS A SECRET, but he cant telllll youuuuu. 

Katie, you can go. 

I know i shouldnt have let my partner on Soap Opera crimes get me back into this roiling mess. But i still wont even dip a toe into Y&R

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Shoot, I did forget Margo and Trisha - the Taylor doppelganger...

But I deliberately left LemonHeads off my list.

Who is Trisha?

8 minutes ago, smartyshorts said:

Liam's like a six year old. Its not that he cant keep a secret, its that he cant even WAIT to let everyone know he HAS A SECRET, but he cant telllll youuuuu. 

Liam isn't the new Ridge; he'd need to have some agency and become a sexual predator and neither of that is happening. He's the new goddamned Taylor.  So quick to cheerlead others for shit he wants and so unwilling to get his hands dirty to make it happen. At least his halo is getting tarnished these days. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Who is Trisha?

Liam isn't the new Ridge; he'd need to have some agency and become a sexual predator and neither of that is happening. He's the new goddamned Taylor.  So quick to cheerlead others for shit he wants and so unwilling to get his hands dirty to make it happen. At least his halo is getting tarnished these days. 

Dr Tricia Quick - the shrink who counseled Ridge/kids after Taylor's second "death" (dammit, Sheila, you had ONE job!). 

davies_tamara_001_jpg_ncax.jpg

But unlike Taylor, Tricia didn't parlay her counseling into a long-term relationship with Ridge. If memory serves, she was on less than a year.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Wow... I know I was watching at the time, but I totally forgot about her. Likely she got overshadowed by Brooke jumping to Ridge's side before Taylor was barely "dead" and all the rubbish with him and Bridget.

I had almost forgotten, too, except those of us who hated her called her Tricia Quack.

• Love 2

For the sake of propriety Thomas, keep your shirt closed. Also, take a friggin shower after you work out.  

I guess Quinn and Ridge have something in common and that is their hatred for Bill. Ridge suffers from the yeah buts. Yeah Quinn, but you did this. Yeah Quinn you found love, but you are a mean gold digger.  Yeah Quinn Eric loves you, but I'm hear to protect my father and the company.  Ok, Quinn's story had me all weepy for her especially when the tears were rolling down her cheek;  but when she kissed Ridge, my heart sunk. WTF now!!  

RS has played powerful woman before and my favorite was when she played a lawyer, on NCIS, and went toe to toe with Gibbs. I wonder if that was the reason RS got casted as Quinn.

• Love 7

I'm happy that Ridge and Quinn kissed.  I've always thought TK and RS would play well off each other - both are talented actors and the writing for those scenes seemed stronger than usual.  I'm curious to see where this story will go.

• Love 5

Well, damn. Quinn and Ridge kissed at the end of today's show. I could just scream at these writers. Why couldn't they just end up as friends after she bared her soul to him? Is that too much to ask?!!!!

Oh, and Steffy-please tell Liam to STFU.

• Love 13

Quinn, Quinn, Quinn.  Sigh.  I read about it here before I watched and I was so hoping it was Ridge still trying to play her,  with that kiss, but now I am worried that it is not, and that is all bad.  Not only will this destroy Queric, it will lead to KATIE! going in for the kill with Eric.  Any loser who digs up a thirty year old soccer ball, that surely the hundreds of gardeners would have discovered by now, is ready to pounce at any opportunity.

And that leads to Brill, which is okay by me.  And if it destroys Steffi and Liam, I am cool with that.

• Love 9

MMMmmm .... right now, I'm not too terribly worried about the Quinn/Ridge kiss.  I honestly don't think Ridge was secretly planning to get Quinn to bare her soul then swoop in . He had tears in his eyes when he pulled away from their embrace. That was such a powerful inspiring performance by both TK and RS.  It reminded me of live theatre (which was partially why I was digging into RS's background yesterday.) For once (on this show and with TK), I was completely lost in the scene and all of my disdain for Ridge (and TK) vanished.  I can't wait for tomorrow to see what happens. I think there will be some awkward silence on the plane ride back to L.A. and maybe some stilted discussion to agree that their kiss meant nothing and to move ahead.

The important question is how is Quinn going to handle all of this? Is she going to make a full confession to Eric?  I'm not sure if burying it is particularly wise. Ridge is going to have to tell Liam that the plan backfired. I'm afraid that whiny Waffles is just about out of patience and may go crying to Daddy $Bill to see if he can make things all better.  That could blow-up in too many ways to list: Bridge, Steam, Queric, ...   At the very least, Quinn and Ridge are going to start behaving differently around each other, which is also going to raise eyebrows (and questions.)

Then all of that outstanding acting interspersed with insipid Steffy and Thomas.  So the spoilers for today indicated that Thomas has "devastating news about his personal life." All I got out of it was that he and Caroline got caught on a delayed flight with a bunch of crappy diapers. Did I miss something? I also wish that Thomas would button up his shirt. He looks like he's packed on some pounds.  I thought he looked really puffy in the face and the six-pack looked more like Katie's deflated soccer ball. Maybe he had to beef up for that movie he was in.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

Ridge is going to have to tell Liam that the plan backfired. I'm afraid that whiny Waffles is just about out of patience and may go crying to Daddy $Bill to see if he can make things all better.

Someone mentioned that maybe this may lead to Liam going the Nick N. Sane route a while back. On the back of the last two days, I can't see Ridge--even the selfish pig he is--trying to continue going after her any longer.

And honestly? Short of a revenge sexual assault (just no--they'd be wise to keep what is about the only redeeming feature of his separating him from Original Recipe Waffle intact, and for two this isn't  Days of our Lives...one Sami Brady is plenty in fandom), seeing Eggo McPingPong do anything other than whine and cry and pout about horrid old Quinn would be an improvement IMO....because I honestly don't see Bill jumping into the Frey. He may hate Quinn, but he's got the bigger axe to grind at the moment with Ridge. Plus, Steffy is still in the family and he can live vicariously either way so mission accomplished.

Is it wrong that I'd want to see Bill/Steffy together over Brill? Given all the rapid Logan hate, I wouldn't want to see her gloating about winning to Brooke but all this sad money Bill rubbish is for the birds.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, grisgris said:

MMMmmm .... right now, I'm not too terribly worried about the Quinn/Ridge kiss.  I honestly don't think Ridge was secretly planning to get Quinn to bare her soul then swoop in . He had tears in his eyes when he pulled away from their embrace. That was such a powerful inspiring performance by both TK and RS.  It reminded me of live theatre (which was partially why I was digging into RS's background yesterday.) For once (on this show and with TK), I was completely lost in the scene and all of my disdain for Ridge (and TK) vanished.  I can't wait for tomorrow to see what happens. I think there will be some awkward silence on the plane ride back to L.A. and maybe some stilted discussion to agree that their kiss meant nothing and to move ahead.

I agree...that was quite the scene with Quinn & Ridge. I thought they both actually hit the notes perfectly...even though inside I was screaming..."No Quinn!!!! Don't bare your soul to him!!!" and then later  "No Quinn!!!! No!!!! Don't kiss him!!!!!" But I get where it was coming from and thought they played it just right. RS was just mesmerizing again today.

I'm afraid that whiny Waffles is just about out of patience and may go crying to Daddy $Bill to see if he can make things all better.  That could blow-up in too many ways to list: Bridge, Steam, Queric, ...   At the very least, Quinn and Ridge are going to start behaving differently around each other, which is also going to raise eyebrows (and questions.)

I'm afraid too, that Whiny Waffles is going to lose his shit. Poor SC. He deserves better that this stuff.

Too be fair, Eric was hoping this trip would give Ridge & Quinn a chance to see each other in a different light & Ridge did compliment her on the show, so maybe the budding respect/friendship won't raise that many eyebrows. Oh hell, who am I kidding? Katie will be all over it. Gah! All she does it butt in everyone else's relationship.

Then all of that outstanding acting interspersed with insipid Steffy and Thomas.  So the spoilers for today indicated that Thomas has "devastating news about his personal life." All I got out of it was that he and Caroline got caught on a delayed flight with a bunch of crappy diapers. Did I miss something? I also wish that Thomas would button up his shirt. He looks like he's packed on some pounds.  I thought he looked really puffy in the face and the six-pack looked more like Katie's deflated soccer ball. Maybe he had to beef up for that movie he was in.

I just happened to stop the FF on Thomas & holy cow!! Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed he really packed on some weight!!  His face did look kind of bloated. (You know the story is cr*p when you are too busy looking at teh actor to bother with the dialogue.

Edited by RedRockRosie
spelling & grammary things
  • Love 10

What dialogue? The same old Quinn is the devil/We were robbed/ (insert any name besides Thorne or Brooke here) should be CEO besides Steffy bullshit they've been stuck on the last month? Y&R may be slower than molasses or the neurons in Ridge's brain when he reads anything without pictures*, but at least no one is having word-for-word the same exact convos they had on the day Sally Sussman took over.

*"Pictures" being code for "porn," of course.

• Love 5

I kept waiting for Ridge to pull out his camera and start snapping, except he didn't. Ridge no longer looks like a man on a mission. He looked like a person who was struck dumb; numb with shock and surprise as he stood there holding his folded tie. Did I really see Ridge Forrester showing empathy for another person? Did I actually see tears in his eyes? I don't know what to think about this. Is he still playing Quinn? If so, I will hate him more than ever after she poured it all out for him, and laid her soul bare. For him to take those confidences and use them against her would be the lowest of the low. And that kiss? Dear Lord, I must apologize to all my fellow B&Ber's, cause I felt it. I really did. I know there are lots of rumors circulating about TK not wanting to work with the older ladies in daytime, but I am beginning to wonder if it has more to do with him preferring SLs with an edge of inappropriateness, and element of danger and naughtiness. After watching him and Katie put me to sleep for months, he became a supercharged leading man with Caroline. Maybe that's why he and KKL don't work. It isn't her, maybe he just didn't have any interest in reopening a romance that was dead long before he joined the cast. All I know is that he and RS were magical. Just like grisgris, I felt like I was at the theater watching a play or something. Rena is always good, but there is something different about her when she is playing off of Ridge. And the stuff that was coming out of his mouth simply had me gobsmacked. I don't know where they are headed with this, but I am on board for the ride. I think it would be great if they didn't fall into bed, but go home and try to work through their growing feelings for each other. It would be worth the price of admission to watch Liam, Steffy, Bill and Brooke's face crack at this new bonding between Ridge and Quinn. I can just see them coming back and having a meeting about the trip, and of course Liam would be there because why wouldn't he? They would all be prepared to hear the normal bickering, but Ridge and Quinn would be happy and smiling, and Ridge would be defending her. No doubt Liam would just think the plan was continuing. Oh, but that would all be such soapy goodness! And for once I don't care if Brooke gets hurt. This time, she chose her own path with no interference from angry mothers or ex-wives. If this leads her back to Bill that is all the better. But under no circumstances would I ever want to see Katie/Eric. It is just too gross. That would make Eric the second  Forrester man to complete the Logan trifecta. Outside of that, is that he is old enough to be Katie's great grandfather. I don't mind age gaps in relationships, but that would smack of someone in grade school being wooed by someone in college. Just NO. 

Pierson Fode does look a little chunky, but his arms looked like they packed on about ten pounds of muscle each. It all made me uneasy with his close proximity to Steffy. Did he brush up against her a few times? I was wiggling in my seat. 

Go home Katie and quit trying to bait Eric's hook of concern. You shouldn't have been there in the first place, and most definitely should have taken your leave with Wyatt. I hope Quinn finds out and smacks you down with that thirty five year old soccer ball. 

Oh Bill baby, I don't think you will be waiting much longer. That Bridge was on shaky ground to begin with, and now Ridge has already started removing its flimsy supports. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 12

Yeah, that scene was amazing. TK really brought it, I don't think I've seen him play Ridge like an actual human being before, though it might have been easier to respond to such strong work from RS. If I didn't know the show, I would have cheered that kiss. I don't want it, but at least they're doing it well. 

• Love 9
On 1/16/2017 at 8:46 PM, grisgris said:

Gladys Kravitz stopped by with some prop she most likely dug up at a thrift shop and attempted to smother Wyatt with her perpetual wet blanket.

Perfect nickname!

On 1/17/2017 at 1:07 PM, CountryGirl said:

Ridge: "But what if all of a sudden you're overcome with desire for me?" The only thing I or Quinn would be overcome with is the desire to vomit.

Because she has been overcome by his funk.

On 1/17/2017 at 1:07 PM, CountryGirl said:

I can't help wondering if his transparent as a glass window plan to get her drunk and in a compromising position was not the real plan. The real plan, I fear is for him to be so damn obvious a blind man in a snowstorm could have sensed what was what and the point was to get caught, be called out, but allowed a peek into those blinds, a tiny little crack where he can try his mightiest to wriggle his way in.

I don't think Ridge is smart enough to come up with something like this...that would require him having a brain.

7 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I know there are lots of rumors circulating about TK not wanting to work with the older ladies in daytime, but I am beginning to wonder if it has more to do with him preferring SLs with an edge of inappropriateness, and element of danger and naughtiness. 

When TK was 1st cast on the show, I read an interview where he gushed over RS being the most beautiful woman on television...not in daytime, but on television.  It makes me think it's less that he's concerned about age & more that he'll only bring it if he finds the woman "hot".  I guess KKL just doesn't do it for him.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

Seriously, is Katie's only  job on the show from now on going to be to stop by Eric's for one made-up reason or another, - "oh, look, my son found a soccer ball near our property line that must be 35 years old, & was missed by every gardener/lawn service we've had in the past 4 decades! I'm sure it holds great emotional attachments for you, you're so welcome for this special gift! That Will, he's going to be the next Paul Williams! Oops, wrong show!" - only to say that she has to hurry up & leave because she's so skerred of what Eric's wife will do if she finds them alone?

With the weather over the last few weeks & a few sick little ones at my house, (I think I'd rather have the exact same conversation with Liam about Quinn being "theEVIL" & why we belong together & why I don't belong with his brother, than to be stuck in a house with my not-feeling-well son) I'm sure I missed a few days here & there, but I can't remember any scenes of Katie that didn't take place in Eric's living room, save for the one of her & $Bill a few weeks back, where she told him Brooke was rushing to Paris to see Hope. They may need to just get rid of her, or maybe turn her into the neighbor on "Home Improvement", who's name I can't remember, because I didn't watch the show, who was only seen from about the bridge-of-the-nose up, & only in small doses.

• Love 7

How many more excuses Katie can use for just popping over?  She probably stole the letter out of Eric's mail box.  

How stupid this is getting?  They were supposed to argue on TV?  They were there to represent FC in a positive light. 

Liam STFU times infinity.  YOU didn't press charges so YOU are the one to blame.  Bluster all you want but don't be dismissive or undermine Steffy because you treat her as least as bad as you think Quinn has.  Now we have Wyatt and basically Eric/Quinn backing off, so it seems that Liam will be the one to drive Steffy back to Wyatt.  

How long is the "secret" going to be a secret?  Now we were left wondering if there was more than a kiss.  A kiss is explainable but anything more would be troublesome but, in the long run, Ridge would be shooting himself in the foot because the line was crossed. 

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Bluster all you want but don't be dismissive or undermine Steffy because you treat her as least as bad as you think Quinn has.

Worse, actually.

It's with good reason why Steffy called Hope after they noticed he was missing.

It's with good reason that Hope left him at the alter and didn't question those photos of him and Steffy at the night club.

Quinn's violation negates absolutely none of his past, present or future behaviour. 

• Love 8

I just cannot say this enough -- Liam STFU!!!!  He looked  and sounded seriously unhinged today when he burst into FC and start haranguing Steffy ... again ... about moving home.  From some of the looks Steffy gave him she seemed to agree,

Oh ..... and Liam ..... you can double STFU about Quinn not paying for Captive Cabin or anything else she's done to you -- because you never, ever, never agreed to prosecute her.  So if Quinn is still running free and manipulating Steffy,  it's on you Waffle Boy.

Just thought I'd note that JMcC and DB have such an easy rapport together as actors.  I totally buy that Eric thinks of Wyatt as family.

I want Katie to take her nosy nose back home and stop with all the "oh I shouldn't be here without Quinn's permission" digs  If you think you shouldn't be there, then Stop. Coming. Over.  I think Eric is starting to wonder why you keep saying that.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

How long is the "secret" going to be a secret? 

Maybe a week.

Liam will go insane that Ridge didn't compromise Quinn, so they can get rid of her forever and blah blah blah ... Shut up, twerp! During one of Liam's diatribes, Ridge will equivocate, mumble, lie outright. Liam will smell the deflection and go ballistic that Ridge hadn't told him everything that happened in San Francisco. Ridge may not tell Liam anything, but another Emmy Award Winning performance by the partially open door will allow someone (Thomas, Rick, Pam, Charlie, Nicole, Loading Dock Guy -- My money is on Katie) to overhear the conversation and they will high-tail it to Eric with just enough scuttlebutt that Quinn will have no choice but to tell Eric the whole stupid mess.

What Quinn should do is go directly to Eric and tell him EVERYTHING ... Every stupid thing that has happened. The shower encounter, Ridge snarling and flirting at turns, her responses, the steam room, Ridge deliberately plotting to compromise her, Ridge cancelling the hotel room, all the shouting and confessing ... Everything. And leave nothing out. It might end her marriage, she might lose Eric, but she won't have Ridge holding this over her (I will never trust or believe the TK version of Ridge) or for someone else who hates her to discover and then skew the telling to Eric so that Quinn is depicted as the aggressor.

Quinn has to know no secret stays a secret for long when everyone in this inbred enclave of Los Angeles lives in each others pockets. She cannot trust Ridge. He's been plotting and conspiring against Eric marrying her from the beginning. In spite of what Ridge says, he was willing to drag her down with him to get rid of her, and that situation hasn't changed.

Quinn, her marriage, her son and jewelry line all hang tenuously on the word of a man she has no reason to trust. She and all she cares about can be swept away on a word from Ridge. Ridge, on the other hand, has attacked Eric many times before and has always been given leave to return to the family and FC. Quinn cannot expect or afford that luxury. 

• Love 13

Here are my .02.  Why is this Quinn's secret to hide? Ridge is the one who did all of the scheming and plotting to set this sordid mess into motion.  Maybe Quinn should threaten Sludge with going straight to Brooke.  I'm sure that Brooke would laugh in Quinn's face, call her delusional and desperate and crow that she was lying. However, I think (at least I HOPE) that Brooke would confront Ridge, even if she brought it up lightheartedly, such as "You won't believe what Quinn said to me today ..."  Let him twist in the wind over that one. Quinn going straight to Eric would be a good idea, that would keep the marriage secret-free and checkmate Ridge from lording the SF kiss over her as a possible threat down the road.  In that case scenario, Ridge has nothing to lose. He doesn't have the CEO chair to lose and his relationship with Eric is already strained at best.

I also wonder if this is a circling around to sluff the story now off onto making Liam go nuts (Yeah, just like Nick N. Sane.) He was practically frothing at the mouth today when he barged in on Steffy at FC. ME! ME! ME! STFU! Even Steffy gave him the old "bitch, please ..." side eye. She has to be getting sick of his daily rants and circular arguments. WTF difference does it make whether or not they live under the same roof? She's always over at his house anyway and he's constantly yipping at her heels at work.  He's acting like a lifetime ban has been put on their relationship. FFS, they are probably already a good halfway through the mandatory six-month waiting period.

Anyway, if Quinn and Ridge had formed a truce, now what?  Ridge's plan ground to a screeching halt for whatever reason the writers decided on.  They can't really have Ridge just blithely state, "We resolved our differences," and tie it all up neatly Just* Like* That* (although that has happened with stories more times than we all care to count.) It would be really nice to see Quinn and Ridge getting along as a team with no sexual detours to f*** things up (figuratively and literally) for everybody. Brooke's head's going to explode, for one thing. He's now going to have to pedal extra fast to come up with another excuse to further delay the wedding. I have no idea how Steffy will react and we've already seen Liam starting to unravel.

I really don't see how a mail carrier could so grossly mistake an address. I'm sure the person doesn't have that many deliveries in Bel-Air and given the tight security in those neighborhoods, I'd assume that the residents would probably have the same delivery person every day. Katie, really?  Liam isn't the only person who needs a job or hobby. Weren't those two going to start some type of charitable foundation? (Or was that one of the good SLs that WE came up with?) LOL!

• Love 11

Show is just full of surprises these days. Ridge Forrester showing compassion? Defending his arch enemy? Wanting to get along and be friends? With a woman? I say, what goes on here! My mom always said to "never look a gift horse in the mouth" so I won't, but I am so glad we are going this route. I don't know how long it will last, but it certainly has all the criteria to create many WTF moments and head explosions. The ground work was laid when Ridge dismissed his kids and Wyatt by asking if the inquisition was over and  I was surprised as hell that he told them he had seen a different side of Quinn;  that was so very un-Ridge like. He looked like a rumpled teddy bear as he talked to Quinn. It could all be a game, or part of "the plan", but I am gonna dig it for as long as Show allows me. More than anything though, I like that Quinn told Ridge that she is "in love" with Eric, which for me is far different from "I love Eric." They could really do something with this if they wanted to. I guess we will have to wait and see. 

Is Wyatt moving out a precursor to Steffy moving in? That will work for me since it will remove Steffy from the proximity of her brother's naked chest. And if Wyatt wants Steffy back moving out and "giving up" is the sure fire way to do it. I guess they will pair him up with Ivy again, because who else is there? Nicole? Katie? Damn, I miss Sasha. 

Liam must have drank a full leaded smoothie because he was fired up hotter than a blowtorch. So, you barge into the CEO's office and tell them they are just gonna have to put that stuff down? You mean the work they are doing, during regular business hours, for the company they are in charge of? Okey dokey. Didn't Bill just say something to you about being on top of something at SP's? Yet here you are, camping out at FC's again, in your tight pants and odd little black jacket. Did you really say you couldn't sleep at night? Well, you could always try the daytime since you don't do anything else during those hours except run you mouth in a non-stop loop about Quinn. And listen to what you said to Bill about how Quinn and the Gang are just going to keep at Steffy to make sure she stays with Wyatt. Do you not realize what a stupid as fuck statement that is? Steffy has her own mind Liam, how can they force her to stay with Wyatt? Is she with him now? No dumbass, she has pledged herself to you. Your insecurities are running rampant. I am wondering if they are going to have Liam go around the bend. His crazed demeanor and comments to Steffy, coupled with Bill's words about bucking up and doing his job lead me to believe so. 

Stop taking Eric's mail outta the mailbox Katie. You were salivating at the mouth to know what happened with Quinn and Ridge you little Nosey Parker. And why every time, or should I say everyday, that you just "drop by" Eric's and he asks you to stay do you say, "oh no, I wouldn't want to upset Quinn?" You are trying to plant the seeds of doubt in Eric's head by doing the exact thing his wife asked you not to do. You are playing the odds with Stormy's heart here, and I really hope it backfires this time. You have no business inserting yourself in Eric and Quinn's marriage. You want to be friends and neighbors? Then ask them over for dinner with you and Will. And let them reciprocate. Stop showing up unannounced with all your dire warnings about Quinn. Geez, what a Bitch. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 20

What in the fuck does Steffy have on her head?  Doesn't the actress have eyes?  How can she agree to go on camera looking like that?

I can't believe that Eric's spidey senses aren't tingling.  He's been to this rodeo.  He knows better than to send his wife on a trip with Ridge.  And she doesn't want to talk about it?  It's over, Eric.

I had hoped that Quinn was going to be hip enough not to fall for Sludgie, but I guess Bell is committed to Ridge Forrester being the sexiest man alive, although he's not even the sexiest man in the room, even when he's alone.

Liam, she's just not that into you, bro.  She doesn't put your relationship first.  This has nothing to do with Quinn.  Quinn is no where near Steffy right now.  She didn't force Steffy to drop everything (meaning you) and run off to  talk to Wyatt.  That was Steffy.  Or should I call her Davy Crockett because it looks like she's got a 'coonskin' on her head?

• Love 17

Ok, a kiss is just a kiss but I'm still not convinced that Quinn has won Ridge over and he will be true to his word.  But, maybe Ridge has seen what Eric has seen in her.  Well, we might have that answer in the last minute of today's episode. 

Liam, you fucking idiot. How many times does Steffy have to clue you in that she wants you and you still have to argue with her.  Liam, you fucking idiot telling Steffy, once again, that she is nothing more than the triumvirate's puppet.  Liam, the fucking idiot, only wants Steffy to be his puppet.  Liam, you fucking idiot, Steffy is not suppose to answer the phone because it's Wyatt who actually works for FC.  Liam, you fucking idiot, the law is the law. Liam, you fucking idiot, now your blaming Ridge for not following threw with the plan.  Can somebody please knock the shit out of Liam and bury him in a shoebox. 

The story continues with the half truths told by Quinn and Ridge. Quinn didn't bring up the "friendship" and Ridge didn't tell Liam that Quinn was on to him as to why the plan failed. 

• Love 9

New to the show and the fun here, but IMO Wyatt has sort of a rat/weasel face thing going on. I'd much rather be with Liam based on looks alone.

I watched OLTL when Scott was on, and he used to be sort of chubby. Me likey him much better now. And I'm chubby, lol.

I was an AMC, OLTL, GH fan. I also loved "Edge of Night" and Ryan's Hope". So now you know I'm old too!

Also, when Ridge was with Caroline romantically, it looked like he was going to swallow her face whole. She seems so tiny, and he's... well, he's not. lol.

Really enjoying all your posts. Learning a lot.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, seasons said:

New to the show and the fun here, but IMO Wyatt has sort of a rat/weasel face thing going on. I'd much rather be with Liam based on looks alone

Yeah, DB does nothing for me, either. Apart from Adam Gregory who was wooden enough to make Steve Burton seem like Lawrence Olivier in comparison, none of the male actors have done much for me in the last few years. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, grisgris said:

Here are my .02.  Why is this Quinn's secret to hide? Ridge is the one who did all of the scheming and plotting to set this sordid mess into motion. 

It's not Quinn's secret, but Ridge is playing her for a mark. Calling it a secret and the two of them agreeing to keep it from Eric, is another step toward a bad outcome for her marriage. In Quinn's wish to bring the Forrester's back together for Eric, she mistakenly believes remaining silent about Ridge's latest plotting and trap-laying will make things better.

What Ridge promised Quinn or told Liam doesn't assure me. He's making a full retreat from all his earlier huffing and puffing about getting rid of Quinn, and that's going to be a red flag for Liam that agreed just a day ago that Quinn needed to be eliminated from the face of the earth to make everything right.

Maybe Quinn should threaten Sludge with going straight to Brooke.  I'm sure that Brooke would laugh in Quinn's face, call her delusional and desperate and crow that she was lying. However, I think (at least I HOPE) that Brooke would confront Ridge, even if she brought it up lightheartedly, such as "You won't believe what Quinn said to me today ..."  Let him twist in the wind over that one. Quinn going straight to Eric would be a good idea, that would keep the marriage secret-free and checkmate Ridge from lording the SF kiss over her as a possible threat down the road.  In that case scenario, Ridge has nothing to lose. He doesn't have the CEO chair to lose and his relationship with Eric is already strained at best.

Why bother going to Brooke? She's not around most of the time and she won't believe Quinn, plus it will drag things out interminably. Go directly to $Bill and burn Ridge to the ground. Which is exactly the opportunity $Bill has been waiting for to get Brooke back on the Stella Mara, and humiliate "the dressmaker" completely.

• Love 9

Mightysparrow (love your name), I totally agree. What the hell does Steffy have on her head? And why is her name Steffy when she's allegedly the CEO of a multinational corporation? And she can't make a decision about her future with one man or another? Yikes, this show just gets more stupid every day. Blink, blink, blink, looks to the left and then to the right. Sorry, just couldn't resist being "Steffy". 

• Love 5

Uh, Liam, why shouldn't Steffy answer a call from, you know? Her husband!  Just sayin' ...

It's taken too long, but I think Wyatt's finally stumbled onto the right idea. Convey the impression that he's moving on.  Or better yet! Actually MOVE ON! As others have stated, once Steffy starts to feel uneasy that he's slipping away, her interest (and his stock) will skyrocket. By then, I really do hope he's moved on and hopefully with somebody else, like Sasha.

I don't know.  It was a kiss and not a very passionate one at that. By B&B standards, that's akin to a limp handshake.  Typical fare would have been for Ridge and Quinn to have fallen into bed, and would be with absolutely no MO attached. Quinn had the opening to tell Eric and why she kept her mouth shut perplexes me.  I think that Eric would have understood and forgiven her. After all, he's been there, done that. OTOH, that would just reinforce Ridge's recently-put-to-bed notion that Quinn is an evil conniving back stabbing bitch who can't be trusted and would crow it from the rooftops that she "crossed the line." It's a rough situation to be in and those lingering shots of the kiss and "far-away eyes" from both TK and RS don't bode well. I can't see anything good coming from a Ridge/Quinn pairing. There might be a lot of chemistry, but it would soon seep into an oil spill.

I believe that Liam is on the verge of a complete breakdown. Maybe his rapid series of brain traumas coupled with untreated PTSD are causing him to become unhinged. He is being completely irrational. That would certainly be a more interesting path to follow than for him to just inexplicably turn into a raving petulant lunatic overnight (yes, I know ....!)  Have him go into a psychiatric facility. One of the modes of treatment would be hypnosis and then he'd remember stepping into Steffy and Wyatt's PJ party.  That would be more fulfilling (to this viewer) than to just have him fly off in a snit to wherever. I doubt that he will go to Milan to visit Hope. I think it will be more like he jets off to NY to spend time with Cousin Caroline and her moms and Douglas.

Sure, Quinn can rat out Ridge to $Bill. I doubt he'll even let her in the door, but if he'll hear her out, the payback for Sludge will be epic!  I still think that Brooke needs to make that slimeball tell the truth to her face.

Steffy really looked the part of a blink-eyed Bratz doll today. What an ugly wig. Her real hair must be a fright if she has to keep it under wraps with hideous wigs and extensions. I also noticed that Steffy is always dressed in short black dresses or "cold-colored" items and they usually have some type of hard element like buckles or studs or something equally unfeminine and harsh.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

I believe that Liam is on the verge of a complete breakdown. Maybe his rapid series of brain traumas coupled with untreated PTSD are causing him to become unhinged. He is being completely irrational. That would certainly be a more interesting path to follow than for him to just inexplicably turn into a raving petulant lunatic overnight (yes, I know ....!) 

Trying new things? On B&B? Oh, come on, you know we can't have that when we can have yet another triangle and Steffy suddenly deciding she DOES maybe care about Chickenhead after all!

This is the same woman who threw an actual honest-to-God Trump on Twitter after SNL shit fit when Liam went off to marry Ivy--his girlfriend!-- after telling her he was gonna come back to her. She better not say shit about his waffling ever again.

• Love 6

WTF Moment #1

LIAM

"Hold on a second. You called me. You were in the room with Quinn alone. You said it was about to happen."

"It was a bad plan? It was the only plan."

"What does that mean exactly? Like it is never gonna work? Like you, you can't get to Quinn? You're just gonna stop trying? What are you saying?"

"I mean......You were sure it was going to work. Your saying nothing happened? Nothing at all?"

Watching Liam's confusion morph into dumbfounded disbelief was a thing of beauty. The look on his face as he listened to Ridge's noncommittal responses and his "whatever" attitude was hilarious. I hope we get many more of these type scenes. 

I think it is now a forgone conclusion that we will be getting Ridge/Quinn. I could be on board for that, but only if it is handled with kid gloves because I don't want to see Eric get hurt. I also think he has been betrayed by his son enough to last several lifetimes. I have a little wiggly worm in the back of my head that says somehow Nosey Parker and Waffle Boy will be involved in outing Ridge and Quinn. 

I am perplexed with Ridge. This has a similar feel to the beginning of him and Caroline, with the clandestine meetings and kissing. And the way he thinks about Quinn now, reliving their exchanges, daydreaming about her. What is most shocking for me is that he is doing this while engaged to Brooke. Ridge is the Original Waffle, but historically, when he was with a woman, then he was with her. No matter how hot the temptation, be it from Brooke or Taylor, he would never stray while married to one or the other. Now, he and Brooke aren't married yet, but I think an engagement is a pretty strong statement of commitment. Looks like Bill is right and this is all about RJ, and has nothing to do with Brooke. 

LET. IT. GO. WYATT! I was so proud of you after your talk with Eric, and was hoping you called Steffy over to tell her you were done with the game. But no, instead you were once again plying your case for her to resume the marriage. 

11 hours ago, grisgris said:

I can't see anything good coming from a Ridge/Quinn pairing.

For me the only good thing would be a massive Bridge collapse. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 9