Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:13 PM, grisgris said:

Bridge-Barf.jpg

This is the most jacked up anti-matter ring-around-the-DESTINY of Ridge and Brooke EVER!

11 hours ago, tricknasty said:

MY EYES!!! Ridge went down on Brooke! I need a hug :(

I need Dramamine.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Every soap has a least one "power couple", or at least they used to. And Show, if you think Bridge is that couple? You are dead wrong. Maybe twenty years ago, but not now.

Yeah, for B&B I think Bridge was their Supercouple but their legacy has been undercut with Ronn Moss leaving and a recast so late in the game. 

Thorne and Macy were a solid and very popular couple but Macy died and Thorne went to the basement.

Bridget and Nick were one of those couples that couldn't quit each other; Bill and Katie initially seemed to be the well matched pair but Bill found another love in Brooke so his and Katie's love ain't density, er, destiny.

Also a large part of supercouple build-up has been having the couple meet as teens/young adults and grow up together (Ridge and Brooke kinda fit that) then apart and then together again. B&B hasn't been on as long as it's current peers to have had a couple meet as teens and grow up together and still be on show. The closest may have been Rick and Amber or Bridget and Deacon but Rick was never 'I will always love you' with Amber and Deacon's chemistry with Brooke blew anything with Bridget off course.

The less said about Liam/Steffy/Wyatt/Hope + Ivy the better. It's been a clusterscrewup of epic proportions. None of the pairings has supercouple mettle.

Raya was fast tracked and CaRidge stomped.

Another issue is that B&B hasn't had anything resembling that kind of fire in that they're teen/young adult scene has been non-existent to create that farm team supercouple system. They killed off Aly and have planted their young love supercouple of 2016 flag with Nicole/Zende. RJ is their next attempt given their casting a girl for him but unless the writing changes it's going to be an insta-romance followed by lame obstacles with RJ gone in probably 18 months.

• Love 4

This show has never done youth scenes very well. A few years before Rick was SORASed, we got Jessica Forrester as a shoehorned attempt at creating a teen scene, but to no avail. And then Phoebe was basically swinging in the breeze for the two years she was on before being killed off. And then there was the ToD 2.0, which needs no elaboration.

• Love 2

Recap for Monday, 12/5:

raw

Screw it, I'll cut to the chase and get this nastiness over with.

Brooke and Ridge are kissing in Eric's office. His mission to reunite his parents complete, RJ is no where to be seen. Oh, I'll bet he's at home, collecting rose petals for Daddy. I mean, he helps him out with his other romantic gestures (i.e. the sand heart), why not this, too?

Rumple thinks they need to get out of here and she protests (hee hee hee - ugh!) that he has work to do. 

Ridge: "I certainly do."

He asks for her house key to give him a head start and I'm shocked he doesn't have his own set, the way he just comes and goes as he pleases.

Brooke comes home to find rose petals strewn all over the stairs, hallway and all over the bedroom and bed. And they look JUST LIKE the ones he dropped into the fountain stairs or whatever it was called the day TPTB made one of their hugest mistakes ever by casting him as Ridge. We get some flashbacks to prove it.

Ridge is waiting like the Bachelor no one wants with a perfect rose and someone needs to call the fire department because the bedroom is about to burn down (not from the heat - ew!) but all those damn candles and it's still daytime, folks.

Brooke kicks off her high heels, he unbuttons her blouse and never forget, folks, this is the SAME blouse she was wearing a couple of hours ago when she dumped Bill. She takes off his shirt and they hop into bed so we are (mostly) mercifully spared from seeing his moobs before they are covered by sheets.

We are not spared, however, from him (BRAIN BLEACH ALERT) kissing his way up her legs and her facial reactions. 

And I get TPTB were trying to sell it, hard (no pun intended), and it was a helluva lot more than the Katie/Ridge love scene, but when I think of RM and KKL, this cannot even compare.

This video clip (among others) is proof positive: 

Plus, it's going to take a lot more than rose petals and candles and reminiscing with the paltry flashbacks they do have to make us forget all that has gone before.

Or even what went down just a few hours ago, with Brooke breaking Bill's heart, or even just a few weeks ago, when Brill was at the altar, thisclose to getting married. Who does this? is exactly my reaction. Taylor can pass her ho crown to Brooke after all these years (she slept with ex-husband Blake and then Ridge later that night). Although I have to check myself since I'm coming dangerously close to slut-shaming Brooke but I don't think I'm out of line for calling her out about breaking a man's heart and fucking another man a few hours later.

Brooke has been many things over the years but I don't know who the hell this woman is. Whoever she is, I don't like her.

Afterwards, Ridge tells her "I've never been happier." He then tells her some trite crap about how it doesn't matter how they drifted apart (I beg to differ) only that they are back together now. She just keeps on grinning at him, even as he piles on about how "it does not get more exciting than this." So emotionally blackmailing Brooke and her breaking Bill's heart is exciting? JFC.

He talks about how much he loves this room (oh, the room where she slept with Bill once upon a time?) and that "some things stay the same." He remarks that she knows him better than anyone (and vice versa) and this is their (wait for it) "journey." Someone hand me a barf bag.

He remembers the first time he saw her - dry heaving now - "his Logan."

I just can't believe after all these years of supporting and defending Brooke, it's come down to this. Short of them doing a Bobby Ewing it was only just a dream sequence, I just cannot with her anymore

There are some scenes with Zende and Liam which are really FF material unless, you know, you were having trouble sleeping, you could watch that to help yourself out.

And because the Ridge return flashback wasn't eyeroll-worthy enough, we see Liam look at his Aspen wedding picture with Steffy and have a flashback to said wedding. What have we done to deserve this, show?

Quinn tells a stunned Steffy that she is the only viable candidate for CEO. 

Wyatt and Eric are still talking and Eric encourages Wyatt not to give up on Steffy and dammit, Eric! I like you and I want to keep it that way.

Steffy doesn't run screaming from the house so again, I'd say she is definitely interested and wants the CEO position so bad she can taste it.

She runs into Wyatt and comments on Quinn's persistence. 

They talk about her ring tattoo, him sadly commenting he expected it to be as faded as it is now after 50 years of marriage and really, Wyatt, pull it together, dude.

Steffy scoffs at Quinn's offer and sees it as bait to reunite with Wyatt. 

Quinn goes upstairs to tell Eric of her plans and that she feels Steffy is the one who can help heal the family and mend fences. That'll be the day.

Eric is fine with her choice and reasoning. They go back downstairs so Eric can talk to Steffy alone.

Eric reiterates to bullheaded Steffy that Quinn has changed and he resents having to keep repeating it. He tells her that what she feels about Quinn is simply untrue and Steffy for once shuts her traps and listens. He reminders her that Wyatt has accepted her transformation and their marriage, so who better to judge than her own son? We-ll, Eric, Wyatt is a bit biased, but I like Eric lecturing Princess Puffy so I'll let it slide.

He also takes the wind out of her sails when he tells her that Quinn has never so much as even hinted about wanting to run the company (so there, heifer!) and who else besides Steffy can? Well, I can think of others and even Steffy did have enough graciousness about her (I know!) to mention her father, Rick, and Thorne. Somewhere Thorne is "I think I hear my name."

Eric says they'll always have a place in the company...and oh boy when Maya finds out...but that Steffy should be the one (based on what, exactly? She's good at prancing around in her underwear and making out with Spencer men but that's about it as far as her resume goes). But I digress...

Then Eric blasts her (and I love it!) by telling her she can't blame Quinn for marrying or leaving Wyatt. Hahahahahahahaha!

He says he doesn't want to tell her how to choose her life partner but says that her marriage to Wyatt isn't over yet and she needs to give it more time before making a rash decision. Steffy, rash? Neah...

He tells her to think over being the next CEO and you can hear the wheels grinding away in her head.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 13

All "tell and no show"! We are told that Puffy is charming and intelligent and strong, etc. ad nauseum. Yet when have we ever seen this?

STFU, Katie, and stay out of Eric's marriage and house. Find another adult to talk to. I understand LA has a lot of them.

• Love 11

UO time: while this has been as ham fisted as every other story, I'm okay with Steffy having some ambition, mediocre as it may be. Anything that takes attention away from Liam is okay by me.

1 minute ago, LittleIggy said:

All "tell and no show"! We are told that Puffy is charming and intelligent and strong, etc. ad nauseum. Yet when have we ever seen this?

STFU, Katie, and stay out of Eric's marriage and house. Find another adult to talk to. I understand LA has a lot of them.

LA has a population of over 4 million people and is the second largest city in America.

So why does this show feel more closed off on B&B than Bon Temps, Stars' Hollow, or Mayberry?

• Love 6

Steffy is given an opportunity to be CEO and questions Eric's motives.  I don't  buy that Steffy is questioning her ability but it's her loyalty Ridge and the shit storm she will probably receive from Rick.  Steffy got the offer to be CEO she got the love of her life back but she still has to shit on Quinn. It just goes to show her true personality as a vindictive bitch. 

Fuck you Liam for once again trying to put Steffy in a box. Because Quinn is behind this you have to say no. WTF. Like with Hope, he admonishing her for accepting the Hope Diamond.  There is the biggest difference between Wyatt and Liam.  Wyatt constantly builds up Steffy and like to showcase her while Liam wants to stay at home, with her, drink wine, eat tofu, and watch DVDs.  Steffy accepts, Liam gets all pissy and once again we will hear "we were robbed". 

• Love 12

Shhhhhh, I'm not sure if this is the place to share it, but I have a secret suspicion... I think, possibly, maybe, Katie might have a sekrit crush on Eric, which she may not even be aware of yet. I feel so spoken-down-to today. The way she was fan-girling over a man who was her mother's boyfriend (right? I think that's correct), has married both of her sisters, has biological children with one of her sisters & adopted the grown-ass-man/son of her other sister, was just so weird. I guess the show is going there. 

My prediction for 2017:

Brill/Still triangle

Katie & Eric

Ridge & Quinn (until Douglas needs a blood transfusion & they find out that he's Ridge's. Whoopsie, sorry Thomas!)

Not sure where that leaves the Spencer boys, maybe Sasha? Please not boring-ass Nicole. Either way, I think Steffy is moving on to bigger & better.

Having said that, who would've predicted Queric at the beginning of 2016? All or none of my predictions could come to fruition. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

This is the most jacked up anti-matter ring-around-the-DESTINY of Ridge and Brooke EVER!

I need Dramamine.

There isn't enough brain bleach in the world to make me forget this shit here.

Sorry, Brooke--I love you but because you can't quite quit Ridge, I'm going to have to quit you.  I simply can't do this shit with you anymore.  Every time you get a chance to move forward with a real man, you go skulking back to that mangy fucker who will dump your ass like a sack of soggy potatoes the moment (a) he thinks you fucked up; (b) someone more "worthy" comes along; or (c) he flashes his Get-Out-of-Relationship-With-Brooke-Free card.

• Love 14

All I'll say is if a reformed Morgan (who kidnapped baby Steffy) came back to town and cozied up to Liam and offered him a job, you wouldn't even be able to hear the octaves Steffy would reach in asking him WTF is he thinking and a lot of people would think she was justified.

13 minutes ago, nkotb said:

The way she was fan-girling over a man who was her mother's boyfriend (right? I think that's correct), has married both of her sisters, has biological children with one of her sisters & adopted the grown-ass-man/son of her other sister, was just so weird. I guess the show is going there. 

Just once it'd have been awesome for a Logan woman to hate Eric for being a big bone of contention between Beth and Stephen that screwed up their family and see him as a horny gross old man that seduced two of her sisters. 

I think it's a bait and switch. Katie moons over Eric but he puts his foot down and/or Quinn does something that spooks Katie that Liam saves her from after Steffy tells him to shove off, she's taking the CEO spot which he sees a betrayal. Bill also supports Wyatt in getting his woman back so Liam feels doubly betrayed and DGAF about Bill's feelings.  Katie wants and needs Liam, Liam needs to be needed and wanted, and the Latie ship finally sails.

There's a reason they're finally getting back around to having Liam and Quinn cross paths. They course corrected Quinn into a fruitful story and I think finally getting around to getting Liam moving on to another story as well.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Just once it'd have been awesome for a Logan woman to hate Eric for being a big bone of contention between Beth and Stephen that screwed up their family and see him as a horny gross old man that seduced two of her sister

Was that how it happened, though? From what I could tell from Season One, Beth met Stephen well after Eric got married and none of the kids knew she even knew him until Ridge and Caroline's wedding announcement made its way into Brooke's hands. Then after Eric and Beth reunited, Stephanie got a PI to find Stephen to bust them up.

Later on, there was a retcon with Patrick Duffy!Stephan saying Eric was the reason he walked away from the family, but I thought his leaving had nothing to do with Eric.

• Love 1

They need to stop this business of Katie having a crush on Eric RIGHT NOW. This is so out of left field, it would be laughable if the writers hadn't done so many other stupid things. Although they've been telegraphing this crap for a while now, it just needs to come to a screeching halt. Get a job, take care of your kid and leave Eric/Quinn alone!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

Was that how it happened, though? From what I could tell from Season One, Beth met Stephen well after Eric got married and none of the kids knew she even knew him until Ridge and Caroline's wedding announcement made its way into Brooke's hands. Then after Eric and Beth reunited, Stephanie got a PI to find Stephen to bust them up.

Later on, there was a retcon with Patrick Duffy!Stephan saying Eric was the reason he walked away from the family, but I thought his leaving had nothing to do with Eric.

They kept refining the details of Eric/Beth over the years but Eric was with Stephanie but was also leaving the door open with Beth and Stephanie knew it. In order to secure Eric she played the pregnancy card even though she was also getting comfort for Massimo and knew he could be the baby daddy. Beth moved on with Stephen but the way the show kept hinting, Stephen knew she still carried a torch for Eric and it played a big part in undermining their marriage. Eric was in many ways always the 'other man' even though he and Beth had parted ways until we catch up to everyone in the beginning of the show.

And think about it, mom and dad have had issues but you never knew why and then you get the history of mom in love with this fashion scion and that's why daddy left? At least one of those girls should've been a daddy's girl and given serious side-eye at Eric for being 'the problem' and making their daddy run away. Rational for an adult? Probably not, but then Katie is still carrying her ugly duckling drama so why not resentment at the Forresters for screwing up her family and not being impressed by them in the least? Just like Steffy and her Logan hate, Katie could've been the one to lead the Forrester hate brigade right back with those Forresters just taking what they want, playing with it and then dumping it without a damn for the damage they leave in their wake. 

I still can't get over RJ setting up a romantic escape for his parents love nest. This boy should be taking advantage of Brooke and Ridge being so distracted that he's throwing parties in Brooke's gatehouse and making out with some hot guy or girl.

• Love 2

It is so unbelievable that Steffy is qualified to be CEO.  What is she, 25? No college. No MBA. How much experience can she really have? A few years? I think it is pretty laughable. They all act like she is this business dynamo. Umm. I don't think so. She spends all of her time flitting between Liam and Wyatt. And having plastic surgery. And getting hair extensions.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

till can't get over RJ setting up a romantic escape for his parents love nest. This boy should be taking advantage of Brooke and Ridge being so distracted that he's throwing parties in Brooke's gatehouse and making out with some hot guy or girl.

As I've mentioned before, these are the most boring AF kids in soapdom, collectively. B&B kids are either perfect saints (Bridget, Rick 1.0 who didn't hesitate to take care of Amber and her baby at 18 years old, Phoebe) or certifiable (Aly, Thomas, Rick 2.0) with hardly any gray area.

The writers don't seem to take advantage of the fact that they live in the West Coast party capitol.

• Love 1

With my work schedule i only get to watch live maybe once or twice a monty, if i wanted to. Imagine my dry heaving surprise to tune in for a quick peek at the goings on, only to find Brooke and that dishevelled hobo masquerading as Ridge re united and rolling around in foliage.  Once it was obvious that this wasnt a night terror of $Bill's, i just started saying "Nope. Nope.... NOPE. NO OH OH OH OH OPE" louder and louder. I try to keep up with my stories via CountryGirl's spot on recaps, but this was rage and vomit inducing all at once. 

Bullshit. Bullshit on all of that. I hope bill goes on a gorgeous sailing vacation away from these inbred yokels and comes back with... I dont know... Felecia or poor Donna on his arm, tanned and "relaxed".  

Steffy, go ahead and take the damn CEO position. No one knows what the job entails beyond walking around with folders and yelling at Pam. CEOs and Presidents at FCs only last a few months anyway.

• Love 16

Today I think we saw the first teeny tiny crack in the Steffy-Liam romance.  Liam told Steffy that she couldn't take the CEO position.  No one tells Steffy what to do.  Liam should know this so why he thinks he can is anybody's guess.  

Steffy wants that job .  Her "thinking it over" is just to figure out how she'll deal with Ridge and Rick inevitable Def-Con 5 explosions at being passed over -- that and coming to grips with how she'll have to be professional to Quinn.

I liked that Wyatt was still acting husbandly and told Eric how proud he was of Steffy and how he knows she'll be great.  Wyatt has always been Steffy's cheerleader. Steffy even acknowledged to Eric that it was Wyatt who created her social media presence.

At the moment Steffy is unemployed since Quinn fired her as president of FC.  Liam also isn't working -- well, if he's setting up his charity foundation we never see it.  So why wouldn't Liam want Steffy to be CEO of her family business? Perfect position to ease Quinn out of FC.  Did Liam think Steffy would just sit around the beach house with him and play parachute-men?

We know Steffy will take the job and we know that Liam will be all disapproving and pouty and constantly after her to quit,. Wyatt, in contrast, is going to be helping her all the way and constantly supportive. Steffy is going to see the difference in attitudes.  If being CEO puts Steffy back into Wyatt's orbit and they slowly re-kindle their marriage I'm all for it.

It's even possible that Eric may have gotten Steffy to thinking when he reminded her she married Wyatt because she loves him. and she can't blame Quinn for that.

I liked Steffy with Wyatt (pre-cabin kidnap reveal); she really was fun, not to mention relaxed and happy. Being with Liam amps up the drama and angst and he brings out all her inner bitch.  So we get Fun! Steffy, who isn't fun at all.

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 11

As  I remember it, Eric and Beth had started dating at college (Northwestern.) Stephanie Douglas showed up on campus as the new hot blonde (and rich!) freshman coed.  I don't even know if she and Eric even dated much.  She had a ONS with Eric and got pregnant. In those days, Eric did the honorable thing and dumped Beth to marry Stephanie. However, Stephanie was also seeing (and sleeping with Massimo) but she had her sights firmly set on Eric and didn't bother to determine the real WTD for Ridge-to-be.  Eric and Beth still had deep feelings for each other, but there was no way they could act on them with Eric about to become an instant husband and father.I don't know when or how Stephan  Logan came into the picture.

Here's where I'm not tracking with the "Steffy as CEO" plan. First of all, with all of this talk of youthful energy, social media, etc., it makes me wonder who their customer base is.  I still think it's the high-end couture market who might not follow designers (or CEOs?) on social media.  Do they still have HFTF and those other lines like athletic wear? All we ever see are evening gowns and expensive jewelry. The marketing strategy and the product lines don't really go together.  I'm sure that a lot of trendy less conventional designers probably are very social media savvy, but not FC.  It doesn't make a lot of sense. I had to laugh at the social media remarks. Brad Bell said in that interview that's on the spoilers page that he's writing Steffy to be the show's "Kardashian." I can't think of a better compliment for that bitch. I'm also glad that Eric gave her the smackdown about her behavior, lack of professionalism and his expectations for her moving forward with the job.

I also don't know how she's qualified. I know Steffy was away at boarding school in London when RM Ridge called her out-of-the-blue to come home immediately because the company needed her. (I honestly can't remember if there was any "crisis" in play at FC at the time and that was another one of those "huh?" moments for the viewers.)  In any case, it didn't matter, (or make any sense of Ridge's urgency) because she started in the mailroom to learn the business from the ground up and that's where she started her relationship with Mushmouth. Then the next thing, she was working in PR.  So, how that qualifies her to be CEO is a mystery to me. At least when RM Ridge was CEO, you occasionally saw him doing non-design type of tasks that seemed fitting for that position. (With TK, all we ever see is him scribbling on an easel with his mouth full of straight pins.)  Steffy is good at stacking up and straightening folders, so maybe ...  Pam actually seems to be more in charge of the place than any of the others.

I was also shocked by Liam's very strong objection to Steffy's job offer. She sure didn't like that. It also didn't go unnoticed that Wyatt was supportive and complimentary. She doesn't deserve him.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

know Steffy was away at boarding school in London when RM Ridge called her out-of-the-blue to come home immediately because the company needed her. (I honestly can't remember if there was any "crisis" in play at FC at the time and that was another one of those "huh?" moments for the viewers.)

I think it had to do with Donna getting some promotion within FC..or maybe even the stuff going on with Taylor and baby Jack. Her first scenes aired shortly before Bridget Googled a miracle cure for Katie, if that helps to narrow the time frame. Still, it was nothing that a fresh faced (ha!) 20 year old could do anything about.

I was also shocked by Liam's very strong objection to Steffy's job offer. She sure didn't like that. It also didn't go unnoticed that Wyatt was supportive and complimentary. She doesn't deserve him.

No, but as a viewer, *we* deserve to see one woman choose her best interest over popping bottles or pills behind a man that isn't worth a a shit. Id rather it was Brooke, but hey....Whaddyagunnado?

FC is her birthright that she grew up around. Liam is less stable than the San Andreas fault on which they live and who knows when--not if--he'll wake up in love with Ivy or Sasha or Katie or LDG's daughter who interns there, regardless of whether she "does the right thing" and kicks Quinn to the curb. Quinn's whitewashed violations of his person notwithstanding, I'd pick the CEO position over his ass, too.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, smartyshorts said:

With my work schedule i only get to watch live maybe once or twice a monty, if i wanted to. Imagine my dry heaving surprise to tune in for a quick peek at the goings on, only to find Brooke and that dishevelled hobo masquerading as Ridge re united and rolling around in foliage.  Once it was obvious that this wasnt a night terror of $Bill's, i just started saying "Nope. Nope.... NOPE. NO OH OH OH OH OPE" louder and louder. I try to keep up with my stories via CountryGirl's spot on recaps, but this was rage and vomit inducing all at once. 

Bullshit. Bullshit on all of that. I hope bill goes on a gorgeous sailing vacation away from these inbred yokels and comes back with... I dont know... Felecia or poor Donna on his arm, tanned and "relaxed".  

Steffy, go ahead and take the damn CEO position. No one knows what the job entails beyond walking around with folders and yelling at Pam. CEOs and Presidents at FCs only last a few months anyway.

That is the most spot-on description of the tomfuckery that happened on Monday. And now I am laughing so hard I need to shut my door so my co-workers won't think I've lost it.

Except, sadly, it's not funny because it's not just a nightmare.

ETA: I didn't get a chance to watch yesterday but I'm sure it will be all kinds of amusing to see Wee-um try to put his foot down with Puffy the Barracuda.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That's exactly the way I remember it happening also.  Plus, YouTube and some of us day-one viewers still have the "receipts" from that first year.  The writers (i.e., the much-lamented Bill Bell) made it quite clear that Stephen was the one who was responsible for the contention in his marriage--not Eric.  He abandoned them and through conversations Beth had with Storm, it was also clear that Stephen just couldn't make it as a provider.  That wasn't on Eric; that was on him.

Beth seemed to hold out he and didn't want to hear any negative talk about her husband.  Stephen was gone for 7 whole years and he had no right to expect that Beth would be waiting for him and wouldn't move on with her life.  In fact, if Stephanie hadn't hired a PI to find him, he probably would have never come back.

• Love 5

I'd prefer that over Katie/Quinn/Eric.  What was the schoolgirl crush thing Katie was talking about IRT Eric, anyway? Is this a way to backpedal the chem testing or budding attraction? I sure hope so.  I like the way things are developing (this is a stretch here ...) with Quinn being an unacknowledged stabilizing influence within the Forrester-Fuller clan.  I'd rather see more shenanigans within Steffy/Liam/Wyatt (I know ...) than seeing Katie trying to come between Eric and Quinn.  I'd rather see Katie duke it out with Steffy over Liam.  Katie has all of that pent-up anger at Steffy for trying to lure Bill away from her years ago, so let the claws come out!

The less we can see of Ridge and Brooke -- particular in bed -- the better.  I'm still squicked out from the other day.

• Love 10

Yesterday was my first episode in a week and a half but it looked like it was Bridge free, so I took a chance. :-)  It was so weirdly written, Steffy with that speech to Eric about how it was her fantasy to be picked to lead the company forward, the not-so-subtle hints about her marriage to Wyatt, the Latie scenes... like someone had just decided to start over with the current stories.

Not that I'm opposed.  If they decide to send Ridge and Brook to Paris, it would almost make this show watchable. 

• Love 4

Liam sees this more as a a win for Quinn than a win for Steffy. How in the world is Quinn going hurt Steffy by making her CEO?  Accepting the CEO position is also accepting everything that Quinn has done?  Liam's arguments don't hold water because they are out of jealousy.  Jealousy is a sign of ownership and not love.  Liam is as much describing himself as he is describing Quinn.  He has every much controlled Hope and Steffy as he thinks Quinn is controlling Eric.  Liam thinks that Eric is a robot to be programmed.  Is she Dr Ford from Westworld. 

How long is it going to take for Ridge to go running to Steffy and tell her not to accept the CEO position?  Control freaks, like Liam and Ridge, shouldn't be throwing stones. 

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, bittersweet4149 said:

Today's game: every time Steffy says she's like her namesake/grandmother, yell at the TV "Yes, you're a bitch!" Give it a try; it's cathartic.

And, here the writers are yet again trying to make this hot-in-the-ass younger slattern a "thing."  Just stop it.  Please.  Just stop.

Yes, she is a bitch, but before the writing went off the rails for Stephanie, no one could out-bitch her.  In the early years, her bitchery was sublime and undercover and she very seldom played her hand until the right moment.  I still get thrills watching her smack Sally down in their first meeting at the Cafe Russe.  Stuffy?  I can't.  First of all, Stephanie was a force to be reckoned with and could strike terror in the hearts of those whom she deemed not worthy of her.  Stuffy?  The only thing she strikes terror in is the practitioner who becomes increasingly frustrated because the Botox injections are becoming more frequent and less effective.  She strikes terror in the hearts of the cast members at Sephora, who idly wonder how she managed to go through yet another bottle of foundation and powder in less than a week. 

This also brings me to the painful realization that as much as I despised Stephanie, a small part of me misses her.  This show is desperately missing a grand dame--an Alexis Carrington, Angela Channing, Sable Colby type of bitch.  I'm talking about a grand diva who is impeccably groomed, knows how to rag her ass off, bitches half the cast out out, whoops people's asses on an as-needed basis, takes names, hires PI's to get the tea on somebody they want to track down or get rid of, pays tramps to leave town, and has a stud on standby to service her needs.  And, she does all of this before lunch.  After lunch, she might deign to stop by the business she co-owns or hostilely took over, calls an impromptu board meeting where she's the only woman present, presents her agenda for the 4th quarter, snaps orders at her foine-ass male assistant and rolls out in her Rolls Royce to have luncheon with another power broker.  And, she makes it clear that she's not interested in playing games; she only plays with people that are in her league.

Instead, we have the 4th string team trying to play first-round-picked quarterbacks, wide receivers and linebackers without fumbling the ball a million times.  The one woman who should be a player is too busy being indecisive when it comes to her love life and laying up with Shaggy and doing the bidding of her 16-year-old son, Scrappy-Doo, who won't butt out of grown folks' business.

• Love 14

What MuelletorHater said.

Still, today solidified why Liam is still the top of selfish and self centered totem pole, which is a big honor on the same show that has Ridge and once had Hope. You can work with a person you personally hate. People do it all the fucking time. You had your chance to make Quinn pay, so until and unless the writers want to delete into the scarring he'd have after Captive Cabin, he can go shut it.

• Love 9

You're right, @MulletorHater. Stephanie was the HBIC, that bitch you loved to hate. She had style, class, and could kick your ass without breaking a sweat or a nail. Steffy, on the other hand, is merely a wannabe, and a lowly rutting chienne. I. Hate. Her.

29 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Scrappy-Doo

More like Scrappy-Don't. And now that Raggedy Andy knows being with Brooke won't sway Eric in making him CEO, the countdown to leave her again begins in 5...4...3...2...

BTW, isn't Lame Liam some kind of bogus VP at FC?

• Love 8

Liam/Katie does 2 things for Katie lets her get back at Bill for screwing her over and lets her get back at Stephie for fing with Bill when they were engaged. that is the way they should go, leave Quinn and Eric alone, I want to see Stephie lose her shit a bit and Bill  get a bit pissed that his wife and son and shagging!  how fun would that be?  And if Stephie could hear Ridge hear how her dad threw her to the curb saying she could have her turn "later"  she'd be pissed, so SHUT UP RIDGE!!!!!!!!!  I really don't like him! FU RIDGE

• Love 9

"And Bill get a bit pissed that his wife and son and shagging"? I don't understand what this means. Bill doesn't have a wife as far as I know. Brooke left him for Ridge, sadly.

• Love 2

Bridge have been back together for like ... what... maybe an hour  ... ok a day.... and Rumple is already waltzing back into the Forrester mansion announcing they are Together. Again. Forever. (like that will happen) and that they should be leading the family and the company? And then saying it's his "turn" to be CEO?

Oh Bish, please.  Take a stadium worth of seats, settle your @ss down, and STFU.

First of all Eric isn't dead so he's still "leading the family" as the Forrester patriarch even if someone else is CEO of FC .  Secondly after all the ish Ridge pulled over boycotting the wedding, the POA, and trying to oust Eric by pimping Brooke out for Bill's 12.5% he thought Eric would just forgive and forget? Bygones?  I don't think so.

Rumple is going to try to persuade Steffy to let him be CEO, because it's his turn, and she can have her turn later. Probably much later if he has his way.  Steffy isn't going to have any of it and that more than anything will convince her to accept the CEO position.

Steffy is going to face opposition from Rumple, Rick, Maya, and Liam when she takes over at FC.  The only people in her corner will be Eric, Quinn and Wyatt.  I think that is how Steffy will soften toward Quinn, and reconnect with Wyatt.  She and Quinn will never be BFFs, but they will be formidable business women who support each other professionally.  Wyatt is going to be all in for Steffy as he always has been --, personally and professionally. Steffy will turn to Wyatt more and more as she's fighting against Rumple and Raya at work and Liam at home. 

Liam, not Quinn,  is going to be the reason they are "robbed", Let Liam go play white knight and keep Katie safe from big bad Quinn (who isn't ever going to do anything to her).  Liam lives to save damsels in distress and Steffy large and in charge at FC definitely won't need saving.

• Love 9

Good grief, Rumple! He didn't even try to seem sincere when he was pontificating to Eric about how he missed them being "close," "family," blah, blah, blah. And the funniest of all was when Eric was talking about how he forgave somebody who betrayed him and Ridge thought it was HIM!  And why on earth should Eric just step aside and let Brooke and Ridge take over EVERYTHING. Brooke would have been an ideal choice for the CEO position, but that ship has long since sailed when she lost her backbone, sense of purpose, spirit  not to mention, soul -- along with the red power suit.  (Come to think of it, Brooke wasn't a whole lot older than Steffy when she assumed the CEO position. But she had some solid experience working in the FC lab and had some knowledge of the business operations from creating BeLieF and being married to Eric and Ridge.)

Also, to add to what's been already so beautifully stated, another key player in "We Wuz Wobbed -- Part 1,000,00000000 ~"-- will be Eric.  He's firmly in Wyatt's corner regarding Steffy, he's just not broadcasting it.

I can see things already beginning to crumble off the cliff at that house.  There are many grains of truth in Liam's argument, but he really needs to suck it up and let things drop if he is sincere about being a supportive partner to Steffy.  It IS a good opportunity for her and also at least temporarily will cease the pissing match between Sludge and Rick.  Absolutely word! He's jealous of and threatened by women in a position of power and authority.  He should know by now that he can't clip Steffy's wings. That's why Ivy is actually a better-suited partner for him. While she's no shrinking violet herself, I think she'd be more complacent and let Liam think that "he's in charge." But I'm also open to Liam and Katie, simply for the multiple head explosions coming by the way of Steffy and Bill.  The main reason being that would keep her away from Eric.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, grisgris said:

Good grief, Rumple! He didn't even try to seem sincere when he was pontificating to Eric about how he missed them being "close," "family," blah, blah, blah. And the funniest of all was when Eric was talking about how he forgave somebody who betrayed him and Ridge thought it was HIM!  And why on earth should Eric just step aside and let Brooke and Ridge take over EVERYTHING.

Ridge ain't shit, and I'm glad Eric low-key told him that.

12 minutes ago, grisgris said:

There are many grains of truth in Liam's argument, but he really needs to suck it up and let things drop if he is sincere about being a supportive partner to Steffy.  It IS a good opportunity for her and also at least temporarily will cease the pissing match between Sludge and Rick.  Absolutely word! He's jealous of and threatened by women in a position of power and authority.  He should know by now that he can't clip Steffy's wings.

Yup. Forcing Steffy's hand is going to make her spread her legs and fly away. Fly. little bird, fly. Liam can go play Cap'n Save-a-Ho for the next numbskull damsel on deck (Katie, your table is waiting).

• Love 10

Good grief, Rumple! He didn't even try to seem sincere when he was pontificating to Eric about how he missed them being "close," "family," blah, blah, blah.

I sat there, listening to Ridge's dialog and wondered "When did that happen? You done nothing but sneer, bully, yell, threaten, deflect, lie, lie some more, cheat or steal from your father, your family or Forrester Creations since you returned from Paris, greaseball!"

And the funniest of all was when Eric was talking about how he forgave somebody who betrayed him and Ridge thought it was HIM!

That was an excellent burn, and Ridge didn't get it at all. He didn't seem to understand he actually had to humble himself, show he was going to work with Eric and Quinn and that he regretted his actions -- Words and deeds, asshat!

And why on earth should Eric just step aside and let Brooke and Ridge take over EVERYTHING

The scene would have been worse if Ridge had gotten his hands on $Bill's shares. For some reason Ridge thought enough time had passed that having Brooke in his corner would sway Eric in thinking it was a humble apology. Ridge thought waxing romantic about Eric and Stephanie's partnership was a parallel his schtupping Brooke in the last 24 hours as a good enough reason hand over FC. Ridge doesn't care, has learned nothing and will undermine Steffy to get back the CEO position for himself.

Brooke would have been an ideal choice for the CEO position, but that ship has long since sailed when she lost her backbone, sense of purpose, spirit  not to mention, soul -- along with the red power suit.  (Come to think of it, Brooke wasn't a whole lot older than Steffy when she assumed the CEO position. But she had some solid experience working in the FC lab and had some knowledge of the business operations from creating BeLieF and being married to Eric and Ridge.)

Brooke is a Ridge Forrester penis camp follower.

She doesn't do anything significant at FC, and is hardly ever there, except to support Ridge while he plots against Eric and Quinn to take back the CEO title. She does occasionally carry folders, a tablet and attended the last fashion show in anticipation that Ridge's plan would end with Forrester Creations and Quinn's public humiliation. Brooke has no dicernable job at FC; she's not in charge of a department or fashion line.

The fantasy of Brooke returning in her Red Power Suit, to storm the halls of Forrester Creations, being large and in charge, are just that ... A fantasy.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10

Recap for Tues. 12/6

We open with Steffy and Eric and Steffy is thinking...hard. A novel concept for her, I know.

Steffy: "I'm thinking I have to be careful."

Eric: "Why?"

Steffy: "I'm starting to take it seriously that you really want me to run Forrester creations. And I don't want to make a decision for the wrong reason." Um, isn't that your modus operandi, Puffy?

She tells Eric she always wanted to be CEO (even though she's so unqualified it's not even funny), but never thought it would happen. She always assumed it would be Eric and later, Ridge.

But as usual, she is looking a generous beyond belief horse in the mouth, wondering if there's another reason behind this offer.

Eric counters: "Steffy, I love my wife. But I'm not her puppet. Would I jeopardize my legacy and the business I poured my lifeblood into just to satisfy a whim of hers? No. I've been watching you all of your life. And there's a strength in you that you're not even aware of. I always knew your time would come. Your time is now." I loved the not her puppet call-out because we all know he was most definitely Stephanie's puppet. Speaking of, MulletorHater, you were spot-on with how desperately this show needs a real queen bee diva and that ain't Steffy. I would love it if Jackie came back (with or without boy-toy Owen) and play the role she should have played when she was on previously, instead of fooling around with Deacon and taking bubble baths with Owen (I mean, okay, but fit that in around all the kicking ass and taking names).

Steffy: "I can't tell you how much this means to me -- how honored and humble I feel -- but... I do have my concerns."

Eric: "Let me make them go away."

Steffy: "Okay. If I... if I say yes, am I setting myself up for failure?" Considered you're totally not ready or qualified, yes, but I'm sure everyone and their brother will be there to catch her when she falls and proper her ass back up.

Eric: "Do you think you'll fail as CEO?"

Steffy: "No." Wrong.

Eric: "Good. I'll make sure you don't." Really, Eric? She should sink or swim, preferably the former, on her own accord.

Steffy: "You'll be my safety net?" 

Eric: "In the unlikely event that you'll need one, yes." No wonder she is so entitled. In her late 20s and she is still being bottle fed and diapered.

She tells Eric that she wants to make him proud of her and that she would never try to replace him at the company and you know, I do believe her here. Eric reassures her she has what it takes.

She again asks about her dad, saying that he won't be happy about being passed over. The understatement of the year. She asks about Thorne and Rick as well. Eric hand-waves that away, remarking that Rick is too busy being a father to care about CEO and Eric, you are dead wrong there.

Wyatt and Quinn are talking about Eric and Steffy talking and wondering how it's going.

Wyatt: "I don't eavesdrop. Okay, if there's a chance for me to get caught, I don't eavesdrop." Hee!

Quinn is convinced Steffy won't be able to say no and that even though she won't work with Quinn, she will work with Wyatt.

Wyatt pulls a face at that. "I hope this brainstorm of yours is more than just a cover for driving a wedge between her and Liam."

Quinn, smiling, "Would that be so bad?"

And while I would love to keep on the "Free Wyatt" bandwagon, I actually liked him and Steffy together. He made her so much more tolerable. It would also be some kind of karmic justice that once again, free of any real obstacles, Steam implodes all on their own.

Wyatt: "Please don't help me, Mom. Don't help me with my love life, with my marriage, or anything. Just don't -- don't do anything. Okay?" 

Quinn: "Okay, look, the fact that Eric placed his trust in me means the world to me, and I would never use it to betray him or his life's work. The fact that I suggested Steffy as CEO is because I think she is the star of the family (blech!) who, let's face it, are an opinionated, entitled group. (that's putting it mildly) But they all rally around Steffy. (God knows why?) She is strong and she's confident and charming - when she wants to be. (True) But she's no pushover. And she doesn't have nearly the baggage that Rick and Ridge have, and if it happens to bring the two of you closer together, then what's the harm?" She makes some good points here.

Quinn makes her boy a sandwich, remarking (on the roast beef): "Only the best for the men in my life."

Wyatt: "Great! I'm living with my mother and her cold cuts." That made me laugh.

Quinn: "You moved in with me to help me with Eric, and you know what? I couldn't have made it through without you."

Wyatt: "So then why does my life feel like it's at a standstill?" 

Quinn: "But it's not! Things are happening. People don't change overnight."

Wyatt: "You did." The jury is still out on that, I think.

Quinn: "Okay. If Steffy ends up taking over as CEO. And she knows it's because I suggested it, then she -- she can't believe that I'm a monster anymore, and if I'm the only obstacle standing between the two of you... I won't be." Time will tell.

Steffy asks Eric if she can think the offer over. She wants to know if she will be CEO in name only.

Eric: "Chief executive officer" means 'chief executive,' all right? Yes. You will be working with Quinn, though, every day." Oooh, she's not gonna like that.

Steffy: "Not if I can help it." What a brat! That right there proves she ain't ready.

Eric: "Well, now, that's gonna have to change."

Steffy: "So, what is this -- quid pro quo? I'm nice to Quinn, and then I get a promotion?"

Eric: "Well, there's an insult I don't deserve." Tell her, Eric! "Look, if and when you accept this job as C.E.O., There's a few things that are gonna have to change -- your language, your temper. You're going to have to compromise with people that don't delight you. You dislike my wife. It pains me, but I have to accept it. I'm not asking for love, just professionalism." In other words, grow the fuck up, Steffy.

Steffy makes her exit and Wyatt and Quinn come in to see how things went. Eric tells them she is thinking it over and that he gave her reassurance that Quinn wasn't behind the scenes, pulling the strings. 

Wyatt: "Can I thank you for giving her a seat at the top? I mean, the husband in me is not dead, and my marriage isn't over yet, but Steffy's strong and she's smart, and she just might be one of the best CEOs you've ever had, present company excluded, of course."

Eric: "That's very generous of you."

Wyatt: "I'm just being realistic, you know? This connection you have with my mother, I know it took me a while to believe it, but I see it now, and it's starting to look like a force of good in all of our lives." I hope so, too.

Over at Liam's, Katie arrives and supposedly, he was supposed to have a play date with Will. Which is kind of cute, I'll admit.

Katie tells him Will had a rough morning and she put him down for a nap instead.

He teases her about locking all the doors and windows, now that she's living right next door to Quinn.

Katie remarks that she hasn't seen Eric this happy since before Stephanie died ever.

And here we go...

Katie: "But I'm just trying to figure out how I feel about my living situation, and I love my new house. I just don't love living alone, or without adult company." So much for loving her life and living on her own and being a strong, capable, independent woman. 

Then we have to hear her fan-girl Eric: "I mean, I've always been a little... starstruck by him, I guess. He's a super-accomplished man, and he's completely unimpressed with himself, which is not my experience with most men."

But while I think Katie might be nursing a little bit of a crush on Eric, I still think they are planting the seeds for Latie, which I would freaking love.

Katie gets a text that Will has a fever.

She says it's probably nothing and that Will runs hot, like his father. MMMMMMmmmmmmm (about Bill).

Liam says it's nice seeing her settled and excited about the future. 

Katie: "Yeah. I'm a lot excited, actually. What about you? You and Steffy are happy?" 

Liam: Uh...yeah. I mean, we've definitely got the "happily" part down. Now we're just driving toward the "ever after" part." And something tells me, that's not going to happen. He asks her to be careful where Quinn is concerned and Katie laughs it off and leaves.

Steffy arrives home and he tells her about his chat with Katie.

He then asks about Eric and isn't this exchange interesting:

Steffy: "He's not coming back to Forrester."

Liam: "I mean, he's said that before."

Steffy: "Yeah, that's true, but when he was widowed, he didn't really know what to do with himself. I mean, now it's just different."

Liam: "Like different 'cause of Quinn? Like, she just convinced him to stay home while she goes and bulldozes everyone in the office?"

Steffy: "That's actually not the way it's playing out. She's more of a homebody." Oh, what's this? A shift in the wind where Quinn is concerned?

Liam: "Ugh! So, she was there? I'm sorry if that spoiled your time with your grandfather."

Steffy: "No. No, it didn't." More and more interesting... "She just surprised me, she said nice things." You can just see Liam's beady little eyes popping out at this and the hamster wheel in his brain start turning over furiously. 

He surmises Quinn must want something and Steffy indicates "sort of."

Steffy tells him that Quinn doesn't want to run FC, feeling she's out of her depth.

Liam: "Quinn confronting reality -- that's novel."

Liam assumes Ridge is back in the fold and is going to be CEO again. Wrong.

He then jumps to Rick. Wrong.

Thorne. Wrong.

Steffy tells him they offered it to her and Liam's IMMEDIATE reaction is "Wow and you turned them down, huh?"

Oh, the look she gives him...I'm surprised his eyebrows weren't singed off.

Steffy: "What, you don't think I'm up to it?" Oh, she's pissed now and I love it.

Liam, flustered, "What? No!!! Of course you're up to it." Stammering, stammering, stammering. "You can't, you can't just say yes. I mean, you know that>"

Steffy gives him a who the fuck do you think you? are look and it's kind of glorious.

"Do I?" she asks.

Liam, again proving he has no ability to read a room, says "You wouldn't fall for this. Steffy....this is how she operates. If it's coming from Quinn, you have to say 'no.'" 

There is no way she is saying no. Even if she was still on the fence before this conversation (which I highly doubt), he just weighed the scales in Quinn's favor. Nicely done and I am going to sit back and watch them fall apart.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, bittersweet4149 said:

Ridge ain't shit, and I'm glad Eric low-key told him that.

Yup. Forcing Steffy's hand is going to make her spread her legs and fly away. Fly. little bird, fly. Liam can go play Cap'n Save-a-Ho for the next numbskull damsel on deck (Katie, your table is waiting).

It's funny you mentioned Cap'n Save-a-Ho because that--and Captain Nick Marone nee Payne--was the first thing I thought of when I considered Lame's new role on the show.  And, it's not as if Katie hasn't been "rescued" before.  The last time, her senior prom was staged for her; what will the occasion be this time?

Of course, this isn't going to go well.  She'll either have another high-risk pregnancy for which everyone needs to dance attendance on her, and she will float in the heavens above as she lingers between life and death.  Maybe this time, Storm will snatch his heart back because he's sick of it being used as a plot device and Emmy nom generator.

• Love 6

My guilty pleasure has been upended with the hasty and shoddy construction of our new Bridge. I was ready to tune out for a bit, but Show decided to throw me some bones, so I will hang out for a while. 

BONE #1

Steffy as CEO. I hate Steffy, but I hate misogyny and chauvinism more. I don't know where we are going with this SL, but I am fair to bustin with delight that Steffy/Liam are already at odds. Really Liam? Turn the job down because of what? Oh, because Quinn was mean to you and you didn't press charges? News flash bucko; I am past caring. There is no possible way to spin this offer as a bad deal for Steffy. We all must work with people we don't like; us real folk do it all the time and everyday. I like to say it is part of being an adult and getting to sit at the big girls table. Liam's reaction, and his argument, are an insult to Eric and Steffy. As far as Steffy being qualified, I would have to go back to Brooke, who was probably about Steffy’s age when she took over the reigns of FC’s. Brooke was a great chemist, but had very little understanding of the business side of things, but she grabbed the bull by the horns and turned out to be a great CEO. Also, when Brooke first took over she was full of angst and hostility toward all the Forresters, but she didn’t let it effect her ability to do the job outside of getting hers by kicking old Steph downstairs and by letting everyone know who was in charge. If Steffy takes the job, she could learn a lot from how Brooke handled things.

BONE #2

Watching Eric put a very presumptuous Ridge in his place. But shouldn’t Eric have had some questions about Brooke and Ridge given she was about to marry Bill a day ago? In any event, it really teed me off that Ridge was using Brooke as a bargaining chip to reclaim the CEO job. You have fucked up one too many times my man, and I think Eric is just done with his grown ass sons who act like grade school bullies when it comes to FC’s. Steffy at least had the grace to express her concerns about stabbing her dad and her uncles, but then Ridge is the biggest bitch that ever bitched.

BONE #3

Katie and Liam anvils; they hurt when they hit you, but the excitement they bring with them takes the pain away.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11

So what Liam?  You have so little faith, in the love of your life, that you think that she will go back to Wyatt.  Liam you doth protest too much and you will be the one to drive Steffy away as you have done before. 

Liam Liam Liam, how stupid are you?  Let me count the ways.  Tofu boy actually believes he grew a pair by threaten Quinn. There was a fantastic post a while back and I don't remember if it was here or on the Y&R but it was about hypocrites condemning other hypocrites for being hypocritical. Well, on B&B, we can add manipulators to this genre. 

At this point, Liam and Ridge are making up Steffy's mind to take the CEO position.  Steffy is stubborn.  She will dig her heels in and take the I'll show you at attitude. 

Add Rick to the list of stupid people who think it's wise to belittle Quinn to Eric.  

• Love 7

So glad that Eric told Ridge where to get off.  He did it in a classy Eric way, but he let trifling Ridge know just how trifling he had been by listing all of Ridge's betrayals and was perfectly clear what an untrustworthy disappointment he was.

I'm really glad Eric told Ricky boy he was done with having people disrespect his wife. It's one thing to bad mouth Quinn behind Eric's back -- it's quite another to do it to his face -- and assume that Eric is just going to take it and nod in agreement.

The way Ridge and Rick keep upsetting Eric you'd think they wanted him to relapse.

And now to Liam.  He looked positively unhinged when he stormed into the Forrester mansion and ranted and raved at Wyatt and Quinn. Quinn looked like the sane one.  Loved Wyatt reminding Liam that he was living with a married woman, that he had no moral high ground to stand on, and that Liam needed to respect Wyatt's marriage. I think Liam's tirade will be the final thing that convinces Wyatt to go all out to get Steffy back.

And Ridge's talk with Steffy -- "Yeah Honey you're smart and all, but not smart enough to be CEO. That's my job."  Way to read the room Ridge.  Does he think if Steffy turns the job down Eric will just give in and make. him CEO?

I can't say this enough -- Ridge, STFU.

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, La di Diva said:

And now to Liam.  He looked positively unhinged when he stormed into the Forrester mansion and ranted and raved at Wyatt and Quinn. Quinn looked like the sane one.  Loved Wyatt reminding Liam that he was living with a married woman, that he had no moral high ground to stand on, and that Liam needed to respect Wyatt's marriage. I think Liam's tirade will be the final thing that convinces Wyatt to go all out to get Steffy back.

Yeah, but Wyatt can't talk either. From day one on this shit show he did not give two fucks about moral high grounds and went after Hope like a heated missile, even though he knew she was with Liam and the only reason he was able to marry Steffy is because of his mother's manipulations and clearly she hasn't changed at all either. All of the women Wyatt has been with were with Liam first so he needs to shut the fuck up with his sloppy seconds self. 

I do agree that Ridge, Liam and Rick are going to drive Steffy straight into the CEOs seat, though.

• Love 8

So Steffy can't put aside her hatred of Quinn for the sake of her marriage, but offer her the CEO position and she'll think about it.

Poor Wyatt, open your eyes.

It may be UO but I believe Liam has earned the right to be suspicious of Quinn.  

How's the Montemayor investigation going ?

What's a Thorne ?

• Love 10

I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm also a viewer of Y&R. They've brought back the old writers and even after one day, I can see a difference. Writing better, characters acting more like themselves, settings being brought back to the old days, etc. Dare we hope for the same on B&B? This show has gone so far off the rails, it's unrecognizable. This Ridge is so badly written and acted, it's unwatchable for me. Also what the hell has happened to Brooke? Who is this woman?!

• Love 10

Unlike the other soaps, the Bell family owns B&B. Bradley Bell *is* the owner for all practical purposes, and he's not going anywhere. It's a double edged sword because there's never that hope of a new head writer coming in to change anything. As shitty as every one of JFP's godawful plots were on Y&R  we knew she'd eventually be shown the door. Short of Bell being otherwise unable to work, he's not going anywhere.

That said, Iwouldn't mind him hiring his sister-in-law Maria Arena Bell back on. She began on this show waaaaaaaay back in the day and created the Sally character. She tried pulling from legacy children and long lost characters....I really only hated that she'd kill off characters so quickly, but besides that, B&B could do worse for new blood.

2 hours ago, Gudzilla said:

So Steffy can't put aside her hatred of Quinn for the sake of her marriage, but offer her the CEO position and she'll think about it.

Poor Wyatt, open your eyes

I know, right? Helen Keller and Stevie Wonder can see what's up.

Luckily for Wyatt, the cracks in the eggshell foundation that passes for Steam's relationship have already begun to form as Steffy begins to think for herself. This week highlights why those two are so wrong for each other. I've always maintained that getting Liam was also about winning for the sake of winning. Well, there is no Hope to lose to now, no Taylor inexplicably encouraging her to keep going after him, and thus far Liam hasn't Waffled to Ivy yet.

Plus, as RunTheTable mentioned, why should the guys have all the power? Brooke was the same age when she took over the company and FC saw its best days under her guidance. For that matter, she's the same age as Rick was when he used his balcony fall to manipulate a position as President and he'd done fuck all to earn that. Plus, she can't be any worse than the Morality Crew of Stephanie and Taylor. 

It's rare for any woman in daytime to think of anything beyond popping babies out, so I'll take what I can get.

• Love 9