Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Oh, good grief. Steffy has colored the front of her hair black and the rest of it...some other colors. And with the makeup, she's back to being Morticia. Can't they find another decent actress to play this character? She looks like a 40 year old trying to look like a 25 year old. Just sad.

• Love 15

I would love for Wyatt and Sasha to find each other and develop a relationship. They've both been shit on and they both deserve a good, committed relationship with someone who actually deserves them.

• Love 12

Brooke, bring back your AWESOME,girl please!

3 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Oh, good grief. Steffy has colored the front of her hair black and the rest of it...some other colors. And with the makeup, she's back to being Morticia. Can't they find another decent actress to play this character? She looks like a 40 year old trying to look like a 25 year old. Just sad.

I.Hate. STEFFY.

• Love 5

Oh, puh-LEEZE, Steffy! Enough! First she tried to pull out the tired old, "because of your mother," card.  I'm glad that Wyatt kept countering her watered-down arguments until she FINALLY mumbled that yes, she would most have likely not married him and gone with her first choice, Liam. What a f-ing bitch, "I'm counting NINE Forresters." Eric: "No 10. Quinn."  I wish that Quinn would just spit on her or slap her or something. And Pam, c'mon, you're an adult. Act like one. Any who has lemon bars for Thanksgiving?

I think Steffy was trying really hard to pull off an old Bridget Bardot look today that was an epic fail. I've seen a photo of BB with her hair done like that and with the cat eyes and pouty lips. Speaking of, it looked like JMW was sporting a fresh batch of filler today. I noticed that she wasn't wearing any lipstick, even a nude for the 60s vibe her look needed. (Not that it would have helped.) She needed to have worn some black ankle pants and a white cold-shoulder sweater. That athleisure attire didn't help either.

I'd certainly prefer a drive up the Coast to attending that hypocritical ass-kissing dinner tomorrow. What a bunch of phony crap anyway. The moment anybody's back is turned, the knife for carving the turkey will be thrust in it.

So how are Katie and Brooke going to be worked into the family dinner?  I guess via Rick.  I imagine neither Quinn nor Bill are going to be too thrilled about that. I'll bet anything that Brooke is seated next to Ridge and Wyatt next to Liam and guess what? Katie next to Eric. Let the fireworks begin!

If being married to Steffy was the happiest time in Wyatt's life, then he's had a pretty pathetic life, up to and including his short lived marriage. That would be great if he got together with Sasha.  I think those two would make a really fun couple.

Speaking of a NOT-fun couple ... I can't even watch Zende and Nicole. They are both such terrible actors.  Even Ronn Moss growling, "You ARE going to be my wife," seems more romantic than Zende struggling with those lines. Nicole's perpetually pouty-lipped frozen face and blank-eyes weren't any more convincing either. When a man is frantically back-pedaling and apologizing and whips out a small square box, what DO you think he's asking? DUH-OH? I hope that the Thanksgiving from hell tomorrow isn't made even worse by a spontaneous table-side proposal. Rick and Caroline's ambush wedding several years ago was bad enough.

• Love 8

I am often first in line to be a Quinn apologist but it was wrong to use Steffy to push Wyatt into coming over for the holiday.  While she had every right to not give up on her life with/love for Eric in favor of Wyatt's doomed marriage, wanting him to come to dinner knowing that Steffy and Liam would be there is cruel.   ETA: though maybe that is Quinn's basic personality - even psycho Quinn was a weird combination of maternally oblivious and overbearing helicopter parent.   

Between this (thinking that they could be one big happy family on Thanksgiving) and the stuff with Katie, it seems like new Quinn is just as delusional as old Quinn - but with much less mayhem?  Honestly, I'm confused by what the writers are doing with Quinn.  Hedging their bets?  

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 2

Why should Liam be at the Forrester feast anyway? He's not family unlike Wyatt who is Eric's stepson now. Liam is just the guy the still married Puffy is shacking up with.

I turned on the TV the other day and saw the girl who plays Sasha in a Lifetime movie. Guess what her character's name was ...Maya! LOL!

• Love 10

Gag. I always hate the way soaps do the holidays, whether it's those backyard BBQs on 4 July, Christmas by a hearth, whatever, it's always people who hate each other sharing phony sentimental platitudes! 

• Love 2

Thanksgiving fest, Meh. Besides, I don't honestly think anyone on B&B actually eats real food. This is Dolphin Safe Cruelty free Gluten free cupcakeland L.A., Just about every one on show is Physically Perfect ..I.E.Has anyone ever seen Brooke eat anything that wasn't a salad ? (not counting the ice cream thing the other day)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Why should Liam be at the Forrester feast anyway? He's not family unlike Wyatt who is Eric's stepson now. Liam is just the guy the still married Puffy is shacking up with.

I turned on the TV the other day and saw the girl who plays Sasha in a Lifetime movie. Guess what her character's name was ...Maya! LOL!

Rick and RJ's future stepbrother?  Bill is there with Brooke, after all. And then it hits me all over again... RJ is Steffy's brother, so his stepbrother will be his brother-in-law.  This show desperately needs some new unrelated characters.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Nanu160 said:

Gag. I always hate the way soaps do the holidays, whether it's those backyard BBQs on 4 July, Christmas by a hearth, whatever, it's always people who hate each other sharing phony sentimental platitudes! 

Sadly, schmoopy Soap holiday shows look very similar to many viewer's own relationships, sans the serial husband and wife swapping ...

To all those who cannot be with us ... We bless your names.

13213716.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!

• Love 11

This is what Thanksgiving is all about. Family getting together once a year to pretend they can all get along. It's amazing how quickly the children are no where in sight but at least the wardrobe was head and shoulders above today's Y&R. 

It was very hard to watch the round table since my eyes welded up with  tears.  Not tears of joy but of sorrow for the actors that has to recite such dribble.  It amazed me how St Nicole and St Steffy could  lower themselves to sit at the  table filled with children of the lesser god.  

Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

It amazed me how St Nicole and St Steffy could  lower themselves to sit at the  table filled with children of the lesser god.  

Don't forget St Maya, I've never seen so many halos in one room before.

They literally sat Katie, Eric and Quinn in a triangle.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Nanu160 said:
  • 8 hours ago, Nanu160 said:

Thanksgiving fest, Meh. Besides, I don't honestly think anyone on B&B actually eats real food. This is Dolphin Safe Cruelty free Gluten free cupcakeland L.A., Just about every one on show is Physically Perfect ..I.E.Has anyone ever seen Brooke eat anything that wasn't a salad ? (not counting the ice cream thing the other day)

I'm a denizen of cupcakeland Los Angeles, and I eat real food every day. I just finished spatchcocking two turkeys my father raised and butchered, with three pans of gluten and butter-saturated dressing. I've got three pies in the oven, three more when those are baked. My mother made pecan tarts and poached pears, and is whittling radish roses for the vegetable platter. Mr.Stunt is in the middle of a cranberry-orange sauce tornado. Brussel sprouts are prepped. Rolls are rising. Potatoes are ready. And more food is coming tomorrow.

No dolphins have been invited.

Generally, women actors have to maintain a certain physique criteria to be acceptable for work on TV and movies. Unless the actor is essential to the program (like SF), is naturally thin, or they have to restrict calories (the easiest way is to abstain from all carbohydrates) and diligently exercise to remain in Size 00 to 4 range.  

Male actors have a looser fitness criteria on B&B: see the dad-bods on TK and DB. 

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 7

My best-dressed nod goes to Pam.  I thought her dress was simply gorgeous and appropriate for the occasion.  ITA that Brooke also looked great. Loved her hair.  I thought that both Quinn (gorgeous in pink sparkles) and Maya were overdressed, whereas Nicole looked like she was going to a classy backyard barbecue and Steffy looked like she'd just come from yoga class and threw a sarong over her leotard.  What was with today's extensions? JMW's natural hair must be just ruined.

Did anybody else notice now JMW made a beeline to HT's son and he seemed happy to see her? That seemed unscripted and momentarily made Steffy look human.

It always bothers me how Brooke, Katie and in the past, Donna, are made to look like such bumbling simpering idiots anywhere near a stove or oven. I guess the writers keep forgetting the the Logan girls were raised by a caterer.  We've just recently seen Brooke whipping up eggs for Rumple, so what's the deal?

Nicole's sullen pout didn't add much as well as Katie's sourpuss sneers and eyerolls at any compliments of Quinn and Bill lavishing praise and a kiss on Brooke.  I've already forgotten to compared Katie to Stephanie, but that anvil sure hit me squarely in the butt.  I wish we would have gotten a reaction shot from Brooke. to those remarks. I guess that since Brooke has clearly demonstrated that she doesn't have the balls to fill St. Stephanie's shoes, Katie will have no problem doing so.

• Love 10

That was gag-inducing. Why the hell was Steffy given the credit for the event? It was hosted by Eric and Quinn in their home. Pam and Charlie did the cooking. All that heifer (my apologies to all heifers) did was call or text people to come over.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

That was gag-inducing. Why the hell was Steffy given the credit for the event? It was hosted by Eric and Quinn in their home. Pam and Charlie did the cooking. All that heifer (my apologies to all heifers) did was call or text people to come over.

Because Hope wasn't there to unite the families with her rainbow flavored milkshake. ?

...I just realized Hope may soon be stepsister to both of her exes. WTF.

• Love 4

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

In keeping with Hope's Thanksgiving tradition, for my stint around the table, I want to say how much I love and enjoy my fellow B&B snarkers.  You all are so creative, witty and spot-on with your assessments! Our SL ideas put Bradley Bell to shame and fashion critiques have Joan Rivers applauding from her grave (or urn, I suppose!)  I always look forward to coming here throughout the day for a good laugh or bitch session.

Keep up the fun and snark!  MMMMWAAAHHH!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 11

This thankful to the right thing just seemed awkward to me - especially by the time it got to Maya but I suppose it was useful for halo polishing and anvil positioning.  And a handy Cliff Notes to the characters' relationships, for new viewers.  (Though any new viewers got a very skewed notion of the kind of person Steffy normally is...)        

• Love 5

This thankful thing to the person on your right is just ridiculous. And it's Steffy sitting opposite Eric at the table?! Oh, and the doofus women (and Charlie) screwing up the dinner in the kitchen. These people have chefs and staff every day of the week but they're off on Thanksgiving? It's the same damn thing every Thanksgiving on this show and stupid every time. I served a turkey, ham (bought at Honey Baked Ham, our favorite), 7 sides, rolls and 2 desserts cooked by me (and not my chefs which I have none of) for the past two days. Give me a damn break, BB&B. But my family is here and raved over the food so that makes it all worth while. Happy Thanksgiving, friends who love snark as much as I do! I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving with the people you love.

• Love 6
On 11/23/2016 at 10:13 AM, Nanu160 said:

Yep...and then they go right back to hating each other the very next episode.

• Love 5

Everyone hates Everyone. Yet they Shine it on, Phony Baloney in pretty clothes, smiling like The Joker with their expensive veneers.   Sigh.True Love, Family Values and mf Destiny, ring SO TRUE at this gathering. Pyuke.

• Love 1

Spatchcocking is removing the backbone of a chicken, turkey or gamehen. You remove the backbone and lay it flat still attached at the breastbone. It's much easier to cook that way whether you cook it in the oven, on the grill or in a smoker. It cooks more evenly and tastes great. We always spatchcock. Really easy to do by yourself in your own kitchen or the butcher will do it for you. Try it sometime. 

• Love 3

I do that with Cornish game hens!  Never heard the term spatchcocking tho.....

Had a nice T-day (even tho I was feeling like shit.  Went anyway cause I didn't want to miss everybody.  Been working on all the wonderful leftovers my dear SIL sent home with us.  Did get my sweet potato soufflé and cranberries done with hubby's help in the morning....and he doesn't cook!  Can't help lovin' that man of mine.

Hope y'all had a great one!

Didn't like the to the right thing....too predictable.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, maisie said:

What IS spatchcocking??? Cupid Stunt, I want to come to your house next year!

Any time, Maisie. We had 21 this year, and you might have ended up with me commanding the Little Kid's table on the patio. My in-law's usually host Thanksgiving, but they weren't able to put on a holiday shindig this year.

How to Spatchcock a Turkey

I cook the bird on a bed of dressing (the dressing absorbs the juices from the turkey and the moisture from the dressing keeps the bird moist) -- I trim off the wing tips, tuck the wing stumps under the bird, and use the back bone and wing tips for the gravy.

My favorites are my father's Tom and Jerry's, Grandmother Stunt's corn pudding and my mother's pecan tart; I should just apply everything directly to my thighs and be done with it. Mr.Stunt makes sure there's plenty of wine and extra Thanksgiving Day newspapers, so there's no bickering over Black Friday advertisements for the shoppers. We play cards, watch football in a turkey coma and check our tip boards, plan shopping strategies, chat about Christmas and have the Secret Santa lottery, sing songs and dance, take walks to make room for more pie, and annoy the cat.

There are five rules: All political and religious discussions remain cordial and are time-limited (particularly this year). Anyone at anytime can call a halt to discussions or inquiries. Nothing over one dollar wagers. Go with your strengths; you may be asked to assist, but volunteering is always welcome.

• Love 7

Yeah....butterflying is what I've heard it called.  Learned it on America's Test Kitchen.  My fave is my BIL's scalloped oysters.  He knows I will hurt him if he doesn't make it...;-) Cupid, your gathering sounds like ours.  We had 28 this time...2 new babies.  Nobody ever argues, lots of laughter and reminiscing, euchre matches, mass quantities of food (everybody brings side dishes and desserts), nobody brought up politics and it's all good.  Some come from out of state so it's the only time we get to visit in person.  Wouldn't miss it for the world.

Yeah Steffy is looking a mess lately.  When they run the all too frequent flashbacks she looked so much better w/o all the crappy hair and troweled on make-up.

I'm in for a Wyatt/Sasha pairing.  They would be fun.  Let ZZZZZende and Nicole continue the Sominex commercial.  They are boring as hell.  Good ff material.

• Love 5

Glad to hear about everyone's nice Thanksgiving family and friends events.  My sis has been too stressed this year with a new baby (only 5 months old) and more stress after a promotion at work, so she decided to take a real break for  the holiday.  So for the first time I tried my hand at making the meal on my own.  Luckily, there's just my own 3 year old, who had oatmeal,  (damn picky eater) and the father of that 3  year old, and myself.  I had to work during the day, but it didn't take too long to bake a chicken and whip up some sides.  I was really proud of myself! 

I was NOT proud of watching the Thanksgiving episode, with all the ass kissing to the right (to the right, to the right...spew all your bullshit directly to the right!) I know they've done that before, but it wasn't Thanksgiving -was it?  Was it the ridonkulous two months pregnant baby shower right before her wig took a tumble down the 7 flights of outdoor stairs?  (did she return those gifts?) Anyway, I wanted to hear the internal thoughts right after someone smiled and said something "nice" about the person to the right "I admire your strength! Internally: You're a ball busting shrew."  "Thanks for being my friend and getting my toddler into school.  Internal dialog: I'm gonna make your wife go nuts and stab someone"

• Love 8

Mon. 11/21 recap:

Yes, Rumple really is proposing to Brooke. Again. And in such a romantic spot. In front of his mother's grave. Brooke, you are a fool to entertain this and an even bigger fool if you say "yes." What on God's green earth would make her (or anyone) believe that this time, things will be any different than they've been for the last three decades?

I'll give TK some credit - he was selling it. Hard. But I'm not buying it and I hope Brooke doesn't either.

I enjoyed seeing things thaw between Bill and RJ. I think Slouchey really does care about his mom and maybe, just maybe, he isn't seeing Bill as the devil. 

I loved Bill's response to RJ's question about promising to keep Brooke happy: 

"You bet I am. Your mother means everything to me. And you're right. I don't deserve her. But by some miracle, she's decided to overlook that and shine her light on me anyway. Now, look, I understand that you want to see your mom marry your dad. Kids want to see their parents together. I get that. But the fact is, that ring on your mom's finger was given to her by me, not him. Your mom and I are getting married. So to answer your question, yes, you have my word. I promise I'm gonna keep your mother happier than she has ever been in her life." See, him? I believe.

Later, Bill shows up to read Ridge for filth at Stephanie's grave and it is glorious:

Ridge: "What the hell are you doing here?"

Bill: "I have Brooke's phone on my GPS."

Ridge: "That's creepy."

Bill: "Says the man who lures his ex-wife to his mother's grave site to court her?" Burnnnnnnn. "You know, I have to give you a lot of credit. I do. I mean,  that's a hell of a move, bringing Brooke to Stephanie's grave site? I mean, that's at once cheesy and slick. You tap into her grief, Brooke's constant desire to please your mother." Nailed him to the WALL.

Ridge: "Don't you have a business to run?"

Bill: "Can you just accept a compliment? Can you just be gracious? It's not like I throw them around. So what'd you do? You pushing that nostalgia button pretty hard, laying it on thick with all that 'ancient history destiny' garbage?"

Ridge: "It's amazing to me. It's like you were standing right there." Because he has your number, Rumple, and knows your every move before you even make it. That's how transparent and thirsty and desperate you are.

Bill: "Well, you know, it's a freakish gift that I have. It's not gonna work. No matter how many tricks you pull out of your little bag."

Ridge: "No tricks. Just told her my intentions."

Bill: "But she's not here anymore, is she? All right, look, you -- you just got to stop with all these desperate stunts. You need to knock it off. 'Cause if you don't... well, you might want to make sure there's an opening for you at the family plot." Oh, an early Christmas present. Bill, you shouldn't have.

Ridge: "Okay, so if you're gonna kill me, how you gonna know if she would choose you or choose me?"

Bill: "I already know she's gonna choose me. You're just delaying it a bit. You better savor the moment. Because when it's all said and done, Brooke is going to be married to me."

Ridge: "$ Spencer, always so confident, even when he shouldn't be."

Bill: "See, I understand that at the moment Brooke has a certain weakness when it comes to you because RJ's home and you're using that. But I know where things stand with us. I know what Brooke and I have." Which is more than she's ever had with 30+ years of back and forth with Ridge.

Ridge: "And you don't think even for a second that you are just a tiny, little bump on her journey back to me?" Is that what you're calling The Nightmare Tour now, Rumple, a "journey?"

Bill: "You have got to stop dreaming, my man. You're living in the past. You've got to join the rest of us in the new millennium."

Ridge: "Logan and I always find our way back to each other. You know that."

Bill: "Well, there's only one problem. She's not your Logan anymore. She's my Brooke." Preach it, Bill. 

Quinn and Katie argue over the house some more and then I have to sit there and listen to Katie lecture Quinn about being insecure. No, thanks, I'll pass on what would be the blind leading the blind. Quinn all but thanks Katie the wise for helping her see the light (insert eyeroll here). 

Eric visits with Steffy, sporting an Elsa braid (with enough grease to keep it shellaced into place, she must have borrowed some from Daddy's plentiful stash). I'm annoyed that he confides in Steffy about the Quinn/Katie situation but at least Steffy isn't chomping at the bit for Eric to hook up with Katie.

Quinn returns home to embrace Eric and rave about Katie. Gag... Meanwhile, Katie learns that she got the house and we have the oh-so-subtle closing scene of the two of them with Katie, crying tears of happiness over her new digs, superimposed on the screen. We get it, show. We know you can't resist a triangle.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 11

Recap for Tues. 11/22

This episode was a whole lot of crap but it did provide a lot of opportunity to snark on folks.

Starting with Pam.

I mean, just look at her face. 

bb-11-22-16-1.jpg

She and Steffy are sitting on the couch at Eric and Quinn's, grousing about how they are ONLY there for Eric and we get it, bitches. You are the MeanI Girls and Quinn is Public Enemy #1. I'd like to slap the bitch off of both of their faces but there'd be nothing left.

Steffy is the self-proclaimed savior of Thanksgiving (she even brought her own oil courtesy of her greasy hair) and Pam is whining about her stupid fucking lemon bars. 

Quinn is forced to play nice with these two harpies and she lays it on thick, including praising Steffy for making the list of invites. Simmer down there, Quinn.

Quinn wants Steffy to help her convince Wyatt to come to Thanksgiving. Wyatt wants to take a drive up the coast. I say let him and if he runs into Sasha along the way, so much the better.

Because I can think of a million things I'd rather do than eat turkey across the table from my ex and the brother she left me for.

Wyatt, who is a lot more gracious than I would be, shows up to hear Steffy out.

And of course, we have to hear some more about their marriage and what went wrong and I am not rehashing that. It was painful enough the first go-round. 

Wyatt gets Steffy to admit that she didn't regret one day of their marriage and really? She couldn't make a beeline to Liam fast enough. She cheated on Wyatt with Liam, choosing to unilaterally end it before he even knew what hit him. So this heifer can shut the hell up about circumstances and Quinn because we all know Wyatt was just a placeholder/bedwarmer until Liam returned.

Wyatt agrees to think about coming. Oh, Wyatt.

Rick and Maya are at FC and instead of actually working, they are there to read Zende the riot act for Hawaii/Sasha and how is this their business exactly?

Zende manages to get in a good jab about them having the gall to ask for another baby when they already have one courtesy of Nicole.

He then talks about Nicole being the only woman for him. Except when she's busy having other people's babies. Nicole is, of course, listening right outside the door and it's just so tragic, like Romeo & Juliet, except it's not like that. At all. Unless of course, Zende wants to guzzle poison and Nicole stabs herself. If they want to channel that part of the story, it's okay by me. Or maybe we should drink the poison.

He doesn't offer excuses for what happened with Sasha, calling her a "good friend." Too bad you've never reciprocated being a good friend to Sasha, Zende. And I love how the fact that Zende essentially used her sister is overlooked once again. But Zende is upping the ante - he proposes to a clearly-doesn't-want-to-hear-it Nicole. 

Because Zende is so ready for marriage...

• Love 10

Recap for Wed. 11/23

Ah, it's the annual Thanksgiving episode where everyone sits around the table and tell each other nice things and half of them lie through their shiny white teeth.

So here's a rundown of the guest list:

Eric

Quinn

Puffy

Pam

Charlie

Ivy (waving hi!)

LemonHeads

Will

Bill

Brooke

Slouchey

Rumple

Waffles

Wyatt

Rick

Maya

Zzzende

Nicole

I would totally sit at this table - minus Puffy and Waffles and Rumple and Pam and Charlie and Slouchey and Katie and Raya and Zende and Nicole of course.

Thomas and Caroline are in NY with Douglas. Viv has the flu so Julius is attending to  her (and dammit, this table could have used these two to liven things up). Sasha is presumably eating her Banquet meal all alone. 

Puffy, in her best soccer mom attire, and Waffles are the first to arrive.

Quinn thanks her again, for everything, including emotionally blackmailing Wyatt into coming.

Steffy: "I wasn't gonna let Wyatt be alone." Not when you can rub his face in your relationship with Waffles.

Liam: "Steffy and I are doing our part to make it as painless as possible for Wyatt." Really? And how do you expect to accomplish that? Idiots.

Wyatt and Ivy are right behind them. 

Bill shows up and I had to laugh at his reaction to seeing the Quinn portrait: "Well, I'm not exactly thrilled to be here, but since my sons -- what the hell is that?! I got to lose my appetite on Thanksgiving? You don't warn me first?"

Wyatt: "Mom's the lady of the house now."

Bill: "Oh, come on." Hee!

Brooke waltzes in and looks absolutely gorgeous in a red and black dress, her hair in curls. Between this look and the elegant French twist she sported recently, her hair is looking fab. She's trailed by Rumple and Slouchey. 

Katie and that cutie Will arrive and I will say it was sweet how Steffy raced right over to Will. 

There is hugging and cheek kissing and how very Beverly Hills.

Charlie and Pam are busy in the kitchen and there's this unfunny schtick about Thanksgiving apps. 

Katie and Brooke show up to help out as a nod to continuity and their mother's catering business.

Bill (to Ridge): "So, first Thanksgiving with your new stepmom. That'll be fun for you." LOFL!

Ridge: "Yeah. Why are you here?"

Bill: "I'm hungry. And I was invited. I'm engaged to Brooke." $ Bill, telling it like it is since 2009.

Maya, Rick, Nicole, and Zende arrive. We have to hear Zende tell Nicole how beautiful she is. Again.

He also tells her he is sure she will be his wife one day. I'd say I wouldn't count on it but then I'd have to, you know, actually care about these two.

Everyone gathers in the living room to take a photo for posterity or as Eric says, "The pictures are for those who are not here with us today to show them how much we miss them and how we are capable of coming together once a year, anyway, to put aside our differences, so thank you." Once a year is right, Eric.

Steffy: Thanks. I think I speak for all of us here and our family and friends that aren't here that we're so grateful that you're -- that you're healthy and you're happy and you're here with us. So, for that, most of all... we give thanks.

They all gather around the table as dinner is ready and per the last few years, they say something nice to the person on their right.

Steffy to Rick, her former lover: "I couldn't picture Forrester Creations without you. Your passion, your commitment to this company is really inspiring. And your commitment to your beautiful family... it's really cool seeing you as a father." Wow, that wasn't generic at all.

Rick to Maya: "Speaking about my beautiful family... I'm so honored to have a daughter with you. And when I think about Lizzy as an adult, I think about her being... the same kind of woman that you are -- kind and generous and bold and courageous. Thank you for choosing a life with me." And when I think about Lizzy as an adult, I picture her siblings beside her (jerks his head toward Nicole).

Maya to Zende (and see it should have been Nicole then Zende): "Zende, I put you through a lot last year. And I will always appreciate how you came to understand and support Nicole and to see what she was giving us." If by understanding and supporting her, you mean taking up with her sister (and using Sasha) twice, then ok. "You are a kind and generous man, and I'm so grateful for all of the wonderful memories that you've given Nicole, and I hope there are many, many more." Easy there, sister.

Zende to Nicole: "Nicole... you have such a generous spirit. It catches me by surprise. Sometimes I don't react the way that I should. But I want you to know that... I respect you... and I wish that I could be like you in so many ways. And I care about you very much, and I always will." You respect her? By sleeping with her sister the moment there's a hint of trouble in paradise. The hypocrisy is strong with this group.

Nicole to Charlie: "Charlie..." The longest pause ever.  "I appreciate your take on life...Your unique perspective. We all feel better having you around, not just for your security but for your friendship." Again, so very generic but it's Charlie so I'll give Nicole a pass.

Charlie to Pam: " Okay, my little sugar plum. You are the light in my oven. You're my special ingredient. You're beautiful, you're charming, and, uh... confession time. I love your beet salad." ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and who needs Velveeta when you have this kind of cheese?

Pam to Katie: "Katie... I really admire you. I wish that I'd learned sooner how to be self-sufficient and strong, like you are..." Are you for fucking real with this shit? "Like Stephanie was. You remind me of her... in so many ways." Although here, you have a point, Pam and again with the foreshadowing. Not to mention, as someone pointed out upthread, Katie, Eric, and Quinn...literally seated in a triangle. Subtlety, thy name is not B&B head writers.

Katie to Eric: "Thank you for being such a good friend for so long, and I value your friendship, I value your patience and your generosity. You've done so much for me and my family and my son. And I'm sure that I can speak for everyone at this table no more health scares, okay?" I'm okay with her speech. I guess.

Eric to Quinn: "I have a lot to live for, after all -- this woman right here. The reason I bounced back so fast, you, you gave me something to fight for. Everybody, hold your hands out. Take hands. Let somebody grab your hand. Yeah. I want you to know how Quinn feels to me -- like holding someone's hand... more support than I've ever felt in my life. I'm so thankful for you, Quinn. And I'll treasure you... till my last day on this earth." Or until Katie finds a way to worm her way in.

Quinn to Bill (and this was my second favorite speech): "Bill, I don't hate you. At least not anymore." Ha!

Bill: "Well, I'll finally be able to sleep well at night." 

Quinn: "I have a lot of making up to do to everyone in this room, including you. I've got a family now, and it's because you gave me my son, and I am so thankful to have Wyatt, for all the things that he's given me, including this man sitting next to me. I never thought I would thank you for anything. But I'm truly grateful." That was a very sweet speech from Quinn.

Bill to Brooke: "What do I have to be grateful for? Obviously, you. You are my most valuable investment... with the greatest return... and I can't wait to cash in on our life together. And I know you feel the same way." I could have done without all the money references, but this is $ Bill talking. Brooke looked as if she were absolutely smitten. 

Brooke to Ridge: "Ridge... you have been one of the few constants in my life. You've been a great friend, a great companion... and I'm very grateful for all of the years that you've supported me... and grateful for one of the best gifts you've ever given me -- our son... that little monster sitting right next to you, all grown up." Not a hint of anything more than he's the father of their son in this speech.

Ridge to RJ: "How'd you grow up so fast? I look at you... a wise young man. Made me focus on something that I should have focused a long time ago. Thank you. Glad you're here. Glad you're back in town." Well, that makes one of you.

RJ to Ivy: "Glad I'm back, too. Back with family, cousins I admire. Ivy, you are sophisticated, smart, and, best of all, you finally taught me how to play cricket and what a bowler is." Seriously show, find something for Ivy to do or let the lovely AB move on already.

Ivy to Wyatt: "Wyatt..."

Wyatt: "Oh, go on. Regale me." Wyatt, just adorable here, and I could still get on the Wyvvy train.

Ivy: "It's pretty easy for me to list a whole bunch of things that I like about you."

Wyatt: Okay.

Ivy: "You're dedicated. You're committed. You know exactly what you want. You're very willing to, uh -- to forgive a girl who did some pretty awful things."

Wyatt: "Stop. Long forgotten, okay?" See, he really is the better man.

Ivy: "I'm honored to call you my friend." My favorite speech of the day.

Wyatt to Liam (because of course Steffy put them together): "Oh, boy. Steffy did this on purpose, always hoping for the two of us to get along.

Liam: "I mean, we do, like 90 perc-- 80% -- 60% of the time." And truthfully, I love the Spencer boys so much more when it's just them and no Puffy or Hope around to spoil the bromance.

Wyatt: "Yeah, and that seems to work. Just enough brotherly love and friendly competition. So I admire your honesty and your principles." Um, what honesty? What principles? "I understand how easy it is for people to like you because they respect you, and you earn their respect because you're a good man, Liam, and you're a good brother." You are a far bigger person than I, Wyatt. 

Liam: "Back at ya." Easy for him to be magnanimous when he got Puffy (not that she's any prize or anything).

Wyatt: Thanks.

Liam to Steffy: "Steffy, look at what you accomplished today. Look at all these people... sitting here. It's inspiring. You're inspiring. And I don't -- it's -- it's your joy for life. It's your spirit. It's infectious. There's nothing I'm more grateful for today, every day... than having you in my life." Between the Nicole praise and the Puffy worship, people need to start lifting their feet.

Eric: "Thank you all for being here. I appreciate it very much. This is a very, very important tradition to me. Thanks for doing this for our family -- for this family. Happy Thanksgiving!"

And everyone digs in and eats.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

doesn't offer excuses for what happened with Sasha, calling her a "good friend." Too bad you've never reciprocated being a good friend to Sasha, Zende. And I love how the fact that Zende essentially used her sister is overlooked once again. But Zende is upping the ante - he proposes to a clearly-doesn't-want-to-hear-it Nicole. 

Because Zende is so ready for marriage...

I'm sick of this crap, too. Zende could have slept with any other woman if he were pissed at Nicole...why did it have to be her, the one woman that in any sane universe would spell the end of this relationship? And why the holy hell would anyone want their daughter or sister with such a guy? The Avants hate Sasha for existing, I get it, but the alternative isn't pushing Nicole with a user.

From the recap, it doesn't seem as though Nicole is accepting the proposal, which is more than can be said for Brooke. So, some progress.

• Love 3

^ Juuuuust as Sasha's pregnancy test reads positive.

Actually, we should do the old swoon out of nowhere for effect. She either hears about the engagement and faints and is rushed to the hospital by let's say, oh, Wyatt, and she finds out she's pregnant.

Or she's being fitted for a dress and it's 'too tight' and she gets lightheaded and faints and is rushed to the hospital by let's say, oh, Thomas, and she finds out she's pregnant.

It's be real interesting if Sasha finds out she's pregnant and her new love interest plays stand up guy to pretend to be the baby daddy and she makes the noble sacrifice for Nicole to get Zende and it's Zende that can't stop sniffing around her because he has the same Father connection spidey sense Thomas had with Douglas and feels connected to Sasha's child even when she says it's not his.

Nicole and Maya's faces would crack and Zende would be on the outside looking in as Sasha moves on with her new guy who loves her and her baby no matter what.

Sasha needs some friends. Real friends. Her 'family' sucks. Why can't she hang out with the other misfits Ivy and Wyatt?

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 8

Of course it's not "their" fault. "They only asked".  It's Zende's  and Sasha's fault because shit only rolls downhill.  Nicole has now surpassed Maya in being the top self centered condescending Avant sister.  Zende has also surpassed Wyatt in being the biggest ass wipe when it comes women.  

I hate to say this but, I would rather watch Liam and Steffy, Brooke/Ridge/Bill, and even Pam and Charlie than Rick and Maya and Nicole and Zende. With Zende and Nicole it's like they are in competition for the Golden Razzie Award. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

^ Juuuuust as Sasha's pregnancy test reads positive.

Actually, we should do the old swoon out of nowhere for effect. She either hears about the engagement and faints and is rushed to the hospital by let's say, oh, Wyatt, and she finds out she's pregnant.

Or she's being fitted for a dress and it's 'too tight' and she gets lightheaded and faints and is rushed to the hospital by let's say, oh, Thomas, and she finds out she's pregnant.

It's be real interesting if Sasha finds out she's pregnant and her new love interest plays stand up guy to pretend to be the baby daddy and she makes the noble sacrifice for Nicole to get Zende and it's Zende that can't stop sniffing around her because he has the same Father connection spidey sense Thomas had with Douglas and feels connected to Sasha's child even when she says it's not his.

Nicole and Maya's faces would crack and Zende would be on the outside looking in as Sasha moves on with her new guy who loves her and her baby no matter what.

Sasha needs some friends. Real friends. Her 'family' sucks. Why can't she hang out with the other misfits Ivy and Wyatt?

While I would hate the idea of Sasha being saddled with Zen-don't's spawn, I love the rest of your ideas, especially Zende being on the outside, looking in as Sasha lives well with her new man and baby. 

And Nicole decides to carry another child for Raya after all - only to learn - dun dun dun - she can't have any more children and suddenly, she is eyeing Rick and Lizzie.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Of course it's not "their" fault. "They only asked".  It's Zende's  and Sasha's fault because shit only rolls downhill.  Nicole has now surpassed Maya in being the top self centered condescending Avant sister.  Zende has also surpassed Wyatt in being the biggest ass wipe when it comes women.  

I hate to say this but, I would rather watch Liam and Steffy, Brooke/Ridge/Bill, and even Pam and Charlie than Rick and Maya and Nicole and Zende. With Zende and Nicole it's like they are in competition for the Golden Razzie Award. 

I wouldn't go THAT far, but I agree that the Elsa and Prince Valium show is a narrative dead end that never should've been revisited. It's the worst part of the show by any measure.

Rick has had Caitlyn, Steffy when she could still pass for a naive, innocent heroine ( don't worry, I laughed too) and would've slept with Phoebe before that if she'd been willing. So a Rick/Nicole story as he's closer to forty, because Lizzie cries too much at night when Maya holds her,* is as close to consistent charactization as you'll see on this show. Add in some bitching behind Ridge and another pissing contest over the house after Quinn leaves  and you'd have a full B&B Bingo. 

* Hey, since every other story gets reused over and over, might as well rip off that Jack Marone story too. :/

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

So, with no Hope, Steffy becomes the default Arbiter of All Things Thanksgiving? She and Nicole are certainly giving Hope and Taylor a run for the biggest, and brightest, and bestest halos. All that hard work she put in texting people she texts everyday anyway should have warranted much more than Liam's lame pat on the back. After all, the poor dear may have chipped a nail.

I was not at all surprised that Quinn had to address Bill, and that Brooke had to address Ridge, and that Ivy had to address Wyatt, and of course, Liam had to address her. The worst was Wyatt though. I can't believe he didn't get what that simple minded bitch was up to. Steffy didn't give a rat's ass if Wyatt was gonna be there or not, but Quinn asked her to intercede and she did. And because Quinn wanted it, Wyatt had to suffer by being put in a position to extol on the wonder's of Liam, and how much he appreciates that Liam is living with and banging his wife. Oh, sorry! Wyatt couldn't say anything about that at the Forrester Thanksgiving Table. None that shit is going on, Liam is a great guy, and Steffy isn't a Scarlet Harlot, and she accidentally fell on a tattoo removing lazer. 

I would have been much more impressed if she had put Ivy before her, and Brooke after. Ivy has very little good to say about Steffy, and I woulda happily let Geek from Sixteen Candles have my panties to watch Steffy be forced to say something nice about Brooke. Bitch has always looked down her nose at Brooke, but if Brooke lives in the gutter, so does she. After marrying Wyatt, and cutting and running over Quinn. Then immediately taking up with your ex, and not only having sex with him, but openly living with him. Yeah, going forward Steffy needs to never even think a bad thought about Brooke, or shoot her any type of accusing glances. 

Quinn spoke the truth.

Eric spoke the truth.

Bill spoke the truth.

Ivy spoke the truth.

And even little Sloucho spoke the truth. 

I have no fucking idea what Brooke was talking to Ridge about. A constant in her life? Yeah, a constant pain in her ass. Friend? Companion? Gave her support? How could one person get so much wrong in one little paragraph?

Why didn't Puffy invite Sasha? She invited all the other Avant's. 

I thought everyone looked great though, with the standouts being Brooke, Quinn and Ivy.

I wish Nicole would marry Zende. That is the only way they will ever understand how wrong they are for each other. Zende is a blooming idiot to want to be with that sour faced, no fun, baby baking, daddy's little girl, when behind door #2, there is a sexy, fun loving woman, who wants him in the worst way. 

The show is stoooooopid for wasting Felisha Cooper this way. I am so disappointed she hopped right back in the sack with Zende; she is capable of so much more. Certainly more capable of carrying a SL than Reign Edwards, who is beautiful, but is far too stiff, and lacks the ability to move her face into any configuration not resembling a frown, or expressions of disinterest, or disapproval. 

The characters used to have some fun on this show, but everything in today's world is dark and just one big Debbie Downer. 

Where is the Private Dining Room?

Where is Insomnia?

The Cafe Russe?

The good, bad, and ugly times at Big Bear?

What did Ridge do in that fucking sand?

I know what he did:

heart0903.jpg

Trying to take her even further down this trip on Destiny Lane he has been playing at. I am going to kick and scream like a royally pissed off little girl if she caves to that caveman. Ridge is so scared of losing out to Bill that he would do almost anything. Stephanie's grave. Stephanie's ring. His Logan. Their son. Making up stuff about how wonderful their relationship has been. 

And this will be Brooke's third strike with Bill. A proud man, who has laid it all out on the line for Brooke; showing her so much of what he is, and what it means to truly love another person. She's going to muck it up. She is once again swinging on the pendulum of her and Ridge's ever loving destiny, with the the added push of Sloucho. Go on Brooke and marry Ridge. Just like Nicole and Zende, maybe that is what it will take to show you that without the fight with Stephanie and Taylor, Ridge just isn't all that. You might also come to realize that all those years it was really Stephanie's love you wanted. But she wouldn't give it to you, so you used the one weapon you had to strike back at her; her precious son. 

Shut it Maya. Just shut it. And don't you be rollin no eye's about Zende screwing Sasha, and Nicole seeing them, after you pranced your nasty ass around whilst sleeping with a very married Rick. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

While I would hate the idea of Sasha being saddled with Zen-don't's spawn,

The show could always pull an 'Aly' and Zende become the next Forrester heir to bite the bullet. That way Sasha is a legit Forrester mom without having to deal with a Forrester douche as her baby daddy ;)

Then again we see how that status has 'helped' Amber and Rosie. Neither seen nor heard nor mentioned in years. They don't even rate to be invited for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

The characters used to have some fun on this show, but everything in today's world is dark and just one big Debbie Downer. 

Where is the Private Dining Room?

Where is Insomnia?

The Cafe Russe?

The good, bad, and ugly times at

Where, indeed? The last time I remember seeing the Big Bear cabin was around the time Maya busted up CarRick, and that was damn near two years ago.

Cafe Russe became Insomnia IIRC, which was later Dayzee's once Bradley Bell wanted to remove the last traces of the Spectras' existence. But it's a minor nitpick about the point that everyone either pisses on each other at """""work""""", or """""romances"""""* at home, and it makes the show feel closed off. Even Y&R has the Athletic club and the one bar that gets passed around like fake news on Facebook and freshens up its standing sets every so often.

* I'd use more quotations, but I'm sure I'd exceed whatever post count limit trying to use the amount needed to convey the BS that passes for such concepts here. 

• Love 3