Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Steffy continues to feel uneasy when Ivy won't stop hovering.

Maybe Ivy has OCD, lol. Sorry, couldn't resist.

ETA: Oh, wait, I thought it said hoovering. Nevermind.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Love 6

Ivy and Quinn could be mother and daughter considering their looks are similar .BUT, I also think Ivy is going batshit crazy over the steffy video. Do something with it or shut up!!! Please don't bring back "meddlesome " Brooke . its much nicer without seeing her squinty one eyed tear eyes.

• Love 3

Ivy is no relation to Brooke, so I doubt we'll have to worry about that. It's the only thing that's an improvement over Steam 1.0, which I felt the Logans and Forresters all wanted one-upmanship over the other side, particularly Taylor and Katie, who are both passive aggressive [word self-censored, but none of the acceptable ones really fit their behavior]. Hell, Taylor was chomping at the bit to tell Liam about the baby despite Steffy telling her no to because she wanted him to choose her for her. You know the SAME SHIT Taylor pulled when pregnant with Thomas.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 2

Good to know I will have an extra half hour a day to read or pay bills or reorganize my closest. Because those spoilers all say NOPE to me. I don't need these imaginary narcissists to  get me mad, its too hot for that in the afternoon.  Should EVERY storyline be dull and repetitive as well as offensive? At this point unless there's a Pam and Charlie wedding and then they open a bakery/ P. I. firm, what's the point? 

Edited by smartyshorts
  • Love 6

At this point unless there's a Pam and Charlie wedding and then they open a bakery/ P. I. firm, what's the point?

Oddly enough, if this were a spin-off, I'd totally watch it :)
  • Love 10

I gotta laugh at the spoiler that

Thomas and Brooke each confide in Zende

about stuff.

It appears the Forresters love having black male confidants-

Othello and Rick

Carter with Ridge (and Rick)

And now Zende's getting in on the action.

I really wish one of these guys went the Maya/Iago route and began scheming and manipulating their way to cause trouble. My vote is for Carter. He should be thinking 'Hey, it worked for Maya, maybe it could work for me too!'

As for the Caroline

wants a baby spoiler. It makes sense given she had a near death experience but I can't see Thomas being all that ready or thrilled for a baby right now either so her turning to him if Ridge balks makes no sense unless she wants to bed Thomas and get pregnant and say Ridge is the father...which, really?

• Love 2

a Zende/Caroline pairing

Isn't kind of young for her? Whatever,

there's been a longstanding, DTR spoiler that Caroline would be getting with Carter. That doesn't seem believable to me either given that he and Ridge are besties.

Woooow. Ridge is one to talk about nepotism, storming in from Europe demanding he be made CEO and then spending months whining about how it was HIS legacy and HIS destiny and now he won't even let Thorne get the truth from his inconceivably deceptive daughter though he knows his brother is going through the worst pain of his life. 

Ripping up Thomas' design and wanking on about how he shouldn't expect things because he's a Forrester? The fuck? Not gonna say I told you so but....who am I kidding, I told you so. Ridge is the biggest hypocrite (and asshole) this show has to offer. Blech! #TeamThomas and #TeamIvy only because Ridge needs to be knocked down a few pegs and see his little girl in prison orange (even though she doesn't deserve it).

Steffy isn't at fault for what happened it WAS self-defense so why in god's name did she lie about it? Probably for the same reason Ivy sat there videotaping it instead of actually getting involved and helping to save a life. These two brats are both so self-centred and voyeuristic, their lives revolve around selfies and gossip to the point that they've forgotten how to actually engage in their own lives instead of intruding and reporting on everyone else's around them.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 8

What is it with Thomas' blouse, um sorry, shirt?  I have a blue polka dot blouse almost exactly like the one that Thomas is wearing.  Sorry, but that shirt/blouse is very feminine looking to me, even with the tie.  

• Love 8

I had to skip the funeral episodes but am now caught up on the last few episodes.  I wish Caroline weren't in the middle of Ridge and Thomas because that would be a better story.  But Ridge was right - you can't design something that's influenced by what's being worn now on the streets of Paris or London or whatever.  The tearing up the drawing was brutal though.  Not sure in a family business if the kids should be treated the same as a no name new employee or not but I have to think Ridge would have been more diplomatic with a stranger.  (As a parent, I know this a common mistake. That did seem true to life.)

I wish they would let CaRidge be happy for a while, at least long enough so that we would actually care if the relationship was threatened.

And it was great to see Quinn, who is still glowing.  And trying to be a human being.  Who would have thought?

ETA:  Both Ivy and Steffy are clearly suffering from PTSD like symptoms.  I'd be more interested in their scenes if it weren't for Liam.  Maybe it's just me but flashbacks or no, those two have no chemistry.  Ivy/Liam didn't have much either but they were low key enough to be charming after having suffered through the Hope debacle.

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 9

I gotta laugh at the spoiler that

Thomas and Brooke each confide in Zende

about stuff.

It appears the Forresters love having black male confidants-

Othello and Rick

Carter with Ridge (and Rick)

And now Zende's getting in on the action.

Don't leave $Bill and Justin out.  Spencers can play that game, too.

• Love 3

Hey, at least Ridge didn't shoot Thomas's sketch. Still, a dad burn leaves a mark. I'm torn between thinking Ridge was a total dick of a dad and enjoying Thomas getting his face cracked. Hell, why can't I do both!

Steffy covers up a crime she didn't commit so that by the time the truth comes out, she'll have dug such a deep unnecessary hole that a jury will convict her. Damn Ridge and Taylor produced some dim children.

• Love 9

I can't stand Thomas. The new actor is not especially good looking, IMO, and he has the same mangy looking beard as Liam and Rick. Putting him next to TK is like putting a piece of baloney next to a NY strip steak. Plus, I can't stand the character making the moves on his father's girlfriend. I knew this would happen but YUCK! Oh, and that shirt and tie scream "dork"!

• Love 14

I thought Thomas was going to attack her. She said no. Told him to leave. He locked the door, pulled her onto his lap and she resisted for like a second? Why is Caroline acting like she can't help herself? This is annoying.

• Love 15

I thought Thomas was going to attack her. She said no. Told him to leave. He locked the door, pulled her onto his lap and she resisted for like a second? Why is Caroline acting like she can't help herself? This is annoying.

IMO this is another way for raising Maya to Sainthood. Caroline just can't resist men and Maya was justified in her pursuit of Rick. Steffy is horrible and Ivy going OCD and Maya is getting everything she wants. Go figure.

• Love 8

IMO this is another way for raising Maya to Sainthood. Caroline just can't resist men and Maya was justified in her pursuit of Rick. Steffy is horrible and Ivy going OCD and Maya is getting everything she wants. Go figure.

Honestly, while there's plenty of Maya proppage going on, I don't think Caroline's behavior is meant to prop the former so much as these writers really are this addle-brained and will thrown history out the window for a short-term story.

I remember when Ridge spent nearly the whole of 2006 trying to win back Brooke and really put her first after Stephanie manipulated him into a marriage to Taylor. This was all Brooke has ever wanted for most of her adult life, and what happens? Six months later, Brooke uses the flimsiest of excuses to run back to Nick N. Sane, who had finally moved on from her ass with Taylor. Even putting aside his history with Bridget, she was all but mourning the fact that RJ might be his just two years earlier.

And mind you, Bridge was a destructive force of nature on this show for most of B&B's run. If even they got sacrificed for short term planning, no couple is safe. That includes Raya, which will probably come to its merciful end when he knocks up a natal woman to produce Eric Forrester III (since Eric Forrester III the First, if that even is his legal name still, will never be heard from again because all Rick's history with Amber and every other woman doesn't matter anymore. Because, Maya).

• Love 5

NuThomas is creepy looking. IMO! Also, he towers over TK & LG. it was great seeing Eric & having a normal conversation with Quinn. It looks like they Toni g down the crazy with Quinn and letting Rena Sofer just act. I even liked her & Deacon having a normal & civil interaction with Eric. That said, what does Deacon do for a living? Does he work or live off of Quinn?

• Love 8

It's only a couple of kisses.

This is Caroline's/Ivy's mantra you guys. Get with the program. Kissing Thomas is so not a big deal. I hereby revoke my previous claim on NuThomas. That constant chaw stored in his bottom lip/and his atrocious choice in blouses has cured my crush.

Yes Deacon has no job and lives off Quinn.

• Love 7

Yeah, my crush on nuThomas went from 10 to -5 when I saw how he behaved with Caroline. The hand on the leg was skeevy enough, but then locking the door was just plain scary. No bueno.

I do like that they are doing an actual fashion related storyline, with Thomas trying to impress Ridge. I kind of wish it as only that, and not a competition for Caroline.

I want to see Quinn pull Ivy over to the dark side and do some crazy shit to Steffy. Maybe some gas-lighting involving the ghost of Ally or some shit. I dunno, it's late and my interest in this show and Y & R is dwindling, I'm sorry to say.

• Love 11

It's only a couple of kisses.

This is Caroline's/Ivy's mantra you guys. Get with the program. Kissing Thomas is so not a big deal. I hereby revoke my previous claim on NuThomas. That constant chaw stored in his bottom lip/and his atrocious choice in blouses has cured my crush.

Yes Deacon has no job and lives off Quinn.

"No" doesn't mean anything if you want to play tonsil hockey with Thomas ... your lover's son ... in your lover's pied à terre.

Nu-Thomas is no different from all the other Thomas reincarnations; selfish, single-minded, entitled, no personal boundaries or moral compass. Like father, like son.

This has been Caroline's modus operandi from the start. She's been the same, even when married to Rick; enamored by Ridge's professional reputation and flattered by his request to help him regain his drawing skills, Caroline ended up destroying her marriage while seeking out Ridge and falling in love with him.

Deacon's job status doesn't seem to concern Quinn.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8

Deacon's job status doesn't seem to concern Quinn.

This.

I love this board but seriously, the idea that Deacon was just into Quinn for the free ride bugs...  especially since it was the kinky sex.  :-)  

All kidding aside, I know more than one couple where the husband doesn't work and the wife is the primary breadwinner.  In one case, the husband suffered an accident (TBI) early in their marriage. You wouldn't know it in social situations but day to day, an employer would (and has). In another, the guy is an ex-con (thanks, war on drugs) and can't get a decent job. It's just easier for them to reverse roles. I guess maybe that is closer to Deacon's backstory. 

While it may have changed since Rick hired Quinn, there has been a throw away line or two in the past that Deacon helped Quinn out with her factory production and operations, letting her focus on the designs.  Earning his keep, as they say.  Now the question seems moot, they are family and a team.   

• Love 7

I admit it almost seemed like Thomas was gonna rape Caroline.That scene was a little too aggressive for me...

There's a couple of ways they could go with this (if this aggression was supposed to be seen as intentional and not just a bad choice by the actor)

-Thomas is going dark and going to become a villain and they're repeating the Caroline gets raped storyline that happened to her aunt

-We get a repeat of the Stephanie unintentionally set up Brooke rape by Brooke unintentionally encouraging Thomas to take Caroline from Ridge by any means necessary which results in a rape

-Could be a 'he protest too much' angle with Thomas trying to prove his hetero prowess in an attempt to quell a homosexual attraction

With the rape angle we'd definitely be losing another legacy character with Thomas becoming a rapist but back in the day soaps did push the envelope by having regular seemingly entrenched characters do heinous things and then keep them around. Maybe they won't go so far as an actual rape but a violent attempt and then Caroline is caught between telling Ridge or keeping it a secret to keep the family together and/or when the truth comes out the family is split of Thomas' guilt (Steffy, Taylor, and Eric don't believe her; Brooke knows the truth but is keeping quiet; Bill, Katie, and Liam believe Caroline and Ridge is caught in the middle; betray his new love or betray his son).

With the repression angle, we may get a few more aggressive feints until Caroline knees him in the groin and or puts him in his place otherwise and then he cops to his 'issue'. Maybe he keeps it under his hat until an old flame from Paris follows him back to LA to try to win him back. Bonus points if it's James Scott (yeah, I know he quit soap acting after DOOL) but the hilarity of his coming back to seduce TK's onscreen son after having played his onscreen son on AMC would be great.

• Love 5

Ugh - I hate this.  If someone were going in for a kiss and I didn't want them to, they would be kissing air or the back of my hand perhaps.  I would not be kissing them back Caroline.

Although, it would be funny for Ridge to lose Caroline just the way he won her.  It's just a few kisses....

(although in my world, Thomas wouldn't even spark a gleam in my eye - blouse wearing, chaw sucking, won't take no for an answer creep)

• Love 7

Although, it would be funny for Ridge to lose Caroline just the way he won her. It's just a few kisses....

It wouldn't only be funny it would be awesome!  Unpopular opinion:  I like the new Thomas. I like his height, his deep voice, his unmistakable masculinity and his acting choices.  He's the anti-Liam.  I can't blame him for what the B&B wardrobe dept decides.  Thomas has been back for two days, I believe, and  he's already kissing Ms Spencer.  These two will be banging in some Forrester office in two weeks tops.  I can't wait.

• Love 4

Deacon's job status bugs me because his lack of a job just seems like laziness on the part of the writers.  Its like they brought him on with no real plan for him or no idea what his character supposedly has done since Italy.  I do get that he pretty much helps Quinn so it is not like he's doing nothing but that stuff was mostly included in bonus scenes so if you don't watch them you just view Deacon as a man who enjoys living off his woman.  I would take them having a conversation where Deacon mentions how hard it is for a felon to get a job.  At least it would be something. 

They do need to give him something to do to integrate him with the rest of the cast.  Seeing him have a scene with Eric was a treat.  The man needs some kind of story.  Jeez.

• Love 4

Just because Deacon doesn't have a job outside the home doesn't mean he doesn't work. Sorry, this cuts too close to the bone for me. My husband's work is cyclical. I work full time. When he isn't working outside of the home, he is working inside the home. He does all of the housework, which allows us to spend time together when I am not at work. This is important and has tremendous value. You'd better believe that I appreciate it more than words can say. Deacon is at Quinn's workplace (weird, I know, but it's a soap so I can roll with it) but he's supporting her and her career, which is not insignificant. Who knows? Maybe he's doing all of the laundry and cleaning the toilets so they have maximize their "sexy times". Happy wife, happy life and all, right?

Or, as tessaray said,

While it may have changed since Rick hired Quinn, there has been a throw away line or two in the past that Deacon helped Quinn out with her factory production and operations, letting her focus on the designs.  Earning his keep, as they say.  Now the question seems moot, they are family and a team.   
  • Love 5

Instead of Brooke pushing Thomas to pursue Caroline in an effort to get her away from Ridge, I'd rather she bake Thomas a boinkberry pie and serve it to him à la mode. She did say to Ridge, "there's always somebody younger," after all.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 8

Ugh - I hate this.  If someone were going in for a kiss and I didn't want them to, they would be kissing air or the back of my hand perhaps.  I would not be kissing them back Caroline.

Although, it would be funny for Ridge to lose Caroline just the way he won her.  It's just a few kisses....

(although in my world, Thomas wouldn't even spark a gleam in my eye - blouse wearing, chaw sucking, won't take no for an answer creep)

Forget not kissing him back.

The moment he locked the door (which was beyond creepy), Caroline should have been up off of that couch with deserved anger and indignation. 

But nope, she just lounged back, seemingly enjoying his attention, even stroking his obviously in constant need of stroking ego with the comment about what could have been if she had chosen him vs Rick. I mean, really Caroline? And then he kisses her and the lady doth protest too much and what did I see when she pulled away, the same intense look of I must have you NOW that she gave TK in the early days of CaRidge. 

Either Caroline wants Thomas (or wants him to want her) or LG needs some different acting choices.

nuThomas is creepier than his predecessors by a country mile and that's saying something. I also don't find him the least bit attractive and he should be a walking ad for hot - tall, blue eyes, nice build, heir apparent to his playboy father but I just want to take a shower every time I see him on screen to get the ick off.

• Love 7

So, is there any real work ever going on at FC?  All there seems to be happening is pumping (iron) and screwing.  

Thomas does not have that great a body, especially if we're supposed to believe that he works out like Carter.  

• Love 2

I can't stand Thomas. The new actor is not especially good looking, IMO, and he has the same mangy looking beard as Liam and Rick. Putting him next to TK is like putting a piece of baloney next to a NY strip steak. Plus, I can't stand the character making the moves on his father's girlfriend. I knew this would happen but YUCK! Oh, and that shirt and tie scream "dork"!

So much word. This Thomas is such a baby, whining constantly about his father's exploits. And he's kind of rapey to boot. Caroline pissed me off yesterday, too. May have to take a vacation from this show as it is getting too stupid.

• Love 8

And Thomas's shirt - it reminded me of this:

hqdefault.jpg

Except Patrick Dempsey's Ronald Miller was 1,000,000 times hotter than nuThomas will ever be.

And now I finally remembered who nuThomas reminds me of.

Will from the last season of America's Next Top Model (whom I thought was awesome and amazing):

NHkmg1G.jpg

Edited by CountryGirl

It may be karma to have Thomas pursuing his father's lady, but damn, can't we have one character who doesn't act like a sleaze? I mean, I guess Liam is supposed to be the nice guy, but I find his behavior appalling most of the time and his cheerful lack of empathy disturbing.

Yeah, Caroline should have told Thomas to unlock the damn door or get a face full of pepper spray. Soap writers can stop portraying rapey behavior as arousing like yesterday.

• Love 10

I admit it almost seemed like Thomas was gonna rape Caroline.That scene was a little too aggressive for me...

I just realized adult Thomas has always been creepy. Drew Thomas Bell (no relation to the Bell family) was about as unappealing as Bryton whatshisface on Y&R. Adam Gregory!Thomas spend most of his time trying to paw Brooke up. Now this guy. :/

#ConsistentCharacterFTW?

• Love 3

Drew Thomas Bell (no relation to the Bell family)

You learn something new every day, I just assumed he was a relative! You know the equation: Bad Actor + last name Bell = MUST be a relative Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

Quinn told Deacon when they were getting serious that she didn't want him to work, she just wanted him to be home when she gets there. (this is when I decided Quinn was my perfect woman) I assume Deacon is just following orders.

I miss Dancing Nicole.

What's a Thorne ?

• Love 8

I just realized adult Thomas has always been creepy. Drew Thomas Bell (no relation to the Bell family) was about as unappealing as Bryton whatshisface on Y&R. Adam Gregory!Thomas spend most of his time trying to paw Brooke up. Now this guy. :/

#ConsistentCharacterFTW?

(small voice) - I thought pre-pubscent Thomas who drank away the sorrow of losing Taylor (buck up, kid, her dirt nap probably did you a world of good) was creepy.

But I am shocked, I tell you, SHOCKED, that you don't think Bryton's Devon is the hottest piece of man candy on the planet. I'd hit Neil before I'd touch that, even if his dick is diamond-studded (it must be, otherwise Hilary wouldn't give him the time of day). 

In all seriousness though - what is up with TPTB that this is how they re-intro Thomas. Let him grow on us (or at least make the attempt) and the other characters first, but no, they have to do what they always do - bull in a china shop and fast-track Thomas (who as Ridge's eldest should be a character that resonates) into a creeper who when he's not putting the make on his daddy's girlfriend is throwing a tantrum because daddy tore up his sucky crayola stick figures.

• Love 7